7.9

1. May 27, 2020
    I could forgive Minecraft Dungeons for being a short but sweet Diablo clone, as that's what it was clearly designed to be anyway. But I can't recommend it right now due to numerous bugs, lack of public matchmaking and a last boss that needs a serious damage nerf.
  2. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Probably good for the family - if you want to get your kids hooked on "just one more level and i'll finish." A continual grind for upgrades, lots of repetition. No puzzles to solve - no thinking required. If you have the right enchants it's all pretty easy (leech, reflect, potion bubble). Nothing that really shows a lot of imagination frankly. Even the cow level was a drag. The RNG of loot drops keeps you coming back for more (in a frustrating way!) At least put a weapon AND and armour vendor in to spend those 'oh so precious' emeralds on. Shame. Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2020
    Minecraft Dungeons
    A massive Disappointment
    Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawler with barely 5 hours of content. Now personally I love dungeons crawlers to an extent… Itt takes the right ingredients to get me hooked.. and while mionecraft dungeons has those ingredients, these aren’t the freshest ingredients. Minecrafts dungeons biggest problem is it just overall isn’t fun.. you stat
    Minecraft Dungeons
    A massive Disappointment
    Minecrafts dungeons biggest problem is it just overall isn’t fun.. you stat by chosing your hcaratcers skin and youre off on a journey to stop corruption and evil of course.. in a minecraft world.. and if it wasn’t for the mnecraft skin placd on this dungeon crawler I would’ve been out by hour 2.
    Minecraft Dungeons is a drag to get through from start to finish, its slow.. exploration isn’t fund and hardly rewarding, and the loot here is just awful…
    You never get the feeling that rewarding feeling a dungeon crawler should give you of wow I can wait to find the next chest to see whats inside, chances are it’s a duplicate of what you already heave and most of the time weaker… rarely did I find myself switching my gear or weapons… there is an enchanting system to add a perk to your weapons and armour… and there are merchants in camp to give you a random weapon or artifact. but I would’ve much preferred a way to upgrade my weapons I already have rather than play loot box dungeons… as again, I wasn’t finding anything really more powerful than the weapon ive been attached to for most of the game.. which just doesn’t make sense in a dungeon crawler.. pickups and even my leveling should scale with the pregression and difficulty of the dungeons.. but this doesn’t happen.. instead minecraft dungeons wants you to play the game until it gets frustrating and then grind so you can complete the final two missions…
    On paper minecraft dungeons sounds likea good game, loot, random artifacts to give you a boost during combat, companions, but the game is just so slow and unrewarding that it seems like the ingredients weren’t enough for minecraft dungeons.. this game ironically didn’t follow the recipe..
    Don’t believe IGN, this is no diablo.
    I give Minecrat Dungeons a 6/10
  4. Jun 1, 2020
    An overall disappointing experience - seems like a lot of wasted potential. The game at best is a pretty good Diablo clone, and at its worse its a Minecraft spin-off that has almost nothing to with Minecraft apart from the title.

There are no mechanics carried over from Minecraft - no crafting, no destructible environments, no ability to build structures - and many features such as The Nether, Mushroom Bios, Ice Bios etc are absent as well. Also, only a few items such as the pickaxes and fishing rods are real items from original Minecraft, every other item is a new item made for this game, it doesn't feel like Minecraft, just feels like a Minecraft re-skin of a game totally irrelevant to the source game.

The core game has a lot of polish, don't get me wrong. Game is a lot of fun to play, and the enchanting system allows for lots of diverse play-styles and customisation. Levels although repetitive are fun, the loot system is well balance, good variety of enemies, great visuals and music etc. However, the game is tiny, the story is almost non-existent, the gameplay is not good enough to warrant a second play through and the fact that there is DLC already despite the small size is a real low blow as well.

I'm kind of just confused as to why this exists? If you're not going to bring anything from Minecraft except a superficial reproduction of its exterior then why even bother? I can't help but feel this is a cheap cash in rather than a creative spin-off title. Not a bad game by any means, but not worth purchasing I'd say.
  5. Jun 9, 2020
    Siła jest, szału nie ma....
    Minecraft Dungeons: 7/10
    Platforma: Xbox One X/PC Czas Ukończenia: 6h Minecraft Dungeons to jedna z gier na które czekałem w 2020. Nowa produkcja twórców kultowego Minecrafta nie zawiodła mnie ale troszeczkę rozczarowała. Walka choć prosta jest niezwykle przyjemna a konstrukcja poziomów ciekawa. Grafika cieszy oko a demolka w kanciastym świecie daje radę.
    Siła jest, szału nie ma....
    Minecraft Dungeons: 7/10
    Platforma: Xbox One X/PC
    Czas Ukończenia: 6h
    Minecraft Dungeons to jedna z gier na które czekałem w 2020. Nowa produkcja twórców kultowego Minecrafta nie zawiodła mnie ale troszeczkę rozczarowała. Walka choć prosta jest niezwykle przyjemna a konstrukcja poziomów ciekawa. Grafika cieszy oko a demolka w kanciastym świecie daje radę. Niestety gra jest zbyt krótka a rozwój postaci praktycznie żaden. Dostępny arsenał jest wystarczający ale brakło w nim głębi. Zbyt skąpa zawartość na premierę jest największą bolączką tej gry i rozwijanie jej za pomocą płatnych DLC może nie być dobrym pomysłem.

Plusy:
    + Walka
    + Muzyka
    + Grafika
    + Akcja

Minusy:
    - Skąpa zawartość gry na premierę
    - Losowość kupowanego ekwipunku
    - Skromny ekwipunek
  6. May 27, 2020
    Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawling ARPG very similar to the Diablo franchise. Fight Minecraft baddies, gain loot, and level your way up! This game is quite fun, especially in couch co-op and is a great introductory game to the dungeon-crawling genre. I had a lot of fun mindlessly bashing at monsters and the game feels really good to play on controller. The game is not without itsMinecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawling ARPG very similar to the Diablo franchise. Fight Minecraft baddies, gain loot, and level your way up! This game is quite fun, especially in couch co-op and is a great introductory game to the dungeon-crawling genre. I had a lot of fun mindlessly bashing at monsters and the game feels really good to play on controller. The game is not without its major faults, however. The game is VERY short - about 5 hours long. Considering the game is only 20 dollars, this isn't the end of the world, but its certainly worth noting. Progression feels almost meaningless - you never have to go back to old levels to grind and good loot is not very hard to find. The story, although an interesting concept, is not fleshed out almost at all besides the opening cinematic - this was a major let down. Expect glitches and issues that hinder the game experience drastically every-so-often (e.g. getting caught in a hole with no escape, random particle effects.) This game takes many creative liberties as compared to its source material, which at times can be very cool, while sometimes feeling out of place. If you're looking for a fun couch co-op experience to play with friends and family, This game is certainly a good option. If you are looking for a large, sophisticated dungeon-crawlier, however, I would look elsewhere. I'm exited to see what Mojang works on in the future. Expand
  7. Jun 18, 2020
    Muy entretenido para echar un rato sin pensar demasiado pero se hace muy corto.
  8. May 28, 2020
    A childish Diablo but that's good. It’s great fun especially when you’re playing with your little brother.
  9. Jun 18, 2020
    The game is fun, the co-op is outstading, even though there is no dynamic difficult. On top of that, the game lacks of content.
  10. Jun 29, 2020
    This is probably one of the most fun i had with this type of "Diablo like" game play i would definitely play a 8 or 10 hours minimum with this type of game, but it's not, Minecraft: Dungeons biggest flaw and the reason i'm taking points from it. There's like 10 missions in the game, depending on the difficulty it takes around 15 minutes minimum to complete each one, 10 time 15 equals 150This is probably one of the most fun i had with this type of "Diablo like" game play i would definitely play a 8 or 10 hours minimum with this type of game, but it's not, Minecraft: Dungeons biggest flaw and the reason i'm taking points from it. There's like 10 missions in the game, depending on the difficulty it takes around 15 minutes minimum to complete each one, 10 time 15 equals 150 minutes divide it by 60 and you have 2,5 hours of main story, this is unacceptable. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 24, 2020
    A decent RPG that looks like Minecraft and sports characters from Minecraft but otherwise has nothing in common with the well-known miner and builder namesake. As an RPG it is very accessible with several ways to influence the difficulty but feels very light on content and character customization. Best for those that are looking for an introduction into the genre or just for some light entertainment.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Jun 18, 2020
    With only the blocky aesthetic and familiar monsters to show for its heritage, whether you're here for the Minecraft or the Dungeons, you'll feel that much more could have been excavated from both. [Issue#347, p.96]
  3. Jun 17, 2020
    Minecraft Dungeons is a solid game that is not only cheap, but accessible. It also helps that it came out on everything and Game Pass owners get to check it out for free. It is great seeing Microsoft expand the series out to more genres. The recognizable fidelity aids in it reaching a larger audience and the price tag makes it an impulse purchase. It also helps that the quality is there. I think anyone who takes a dive into Minecraft Dungeons will have a great time.