5.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 28, 2021
    Unplayable on a base XB1. Nearly every pitch lags and it's impossible to figure out what's going on with the framerate it runs at.
  2. Apr 20, 2021
    They ruined Road To The Show. Forced integration with Diamond Dynasty. Can only make one character model so you would have to change it every time you want to switch careers. The progression for "programs" is broken and doesn't register forcing you to play DD to upgrade your RTTS players. The perk system is terrible. What is so bad about just getting your attributes up by playing the game?They ruined Road To The Show. Forced integration with Diamond Dynasty. Can only make one character model so you would have to change it every time you want to switch careers. The progression for "programs" is broken and doesn't register forcing you to play DD to upgrade your RTTS players. The perk system is terrible. What is so bad about just getting your attributes up by playing the game? Can only max the attributes out at 50 without spending money currently. The equipment glitches and switches every time you check your " loadout " to see the progress you aren't making on it making you have to re edit your player every time. Forced to be a Two- Way player at the start. Why can't I just pick my position from the start? No " Show Case" it just randomly starts with the MLB Draft and puts you on a random team. ( You do have the choice to pick a team but whats the point in that why not have a combine/showcase ) The podcasts are fine but ehhh don't really add much. The skin tone editor is terrible for the player creation. Absolutely awful they ruined it. Also can't play the mode offline because it requires you to be online to earn progress for the "programs" so when the servers shut off you won't be able to play the mode. No year to year saves anymore so even if you had fun playing with your player this year you won't be able to take him to next years game because of the DD integration they would be worried that the player would be too good for DD at the start of next years game which is why they should have never combined the 2. Terrible decisions all around skip this game if you play this mode. 0 out of 10 Expand
  3. May 1, 2021
    It's a good game!, for the first time to an Xbox gamer, and for the Xbox community, finally we can Play this awesome game, the fisics, and the graphics are great, very good, more than fifa xd but, it's a pleasure to play this game, it's an awesome job from PlayStation Studios
  4. Apr 20, 2021
    Cool game. Awesome graphics. Game pass 10 of 10 .........
  5. Aug 16, 2021
    Happy to see this series come to Xbox. I read some of the reviews on here and for me personally, I have had ZERO lag problems while playing online with my Xbox One X. Pitching and batting area really simple. For me though, the base running took some getting used to but that is mainly because I have not played a baseball licensed game in many many years. Original Xbox/PS2 days.
  6. Aug 28, 2021
    San Diego studio. keep up the good work. your game is better then madden on any platform.
  7. Apr 19, 2021
    This is the worst version of the game I've played in probably 12 years of owning the game. Basic features are broken, the menus are a DIASASTER, and there's bugs galore.

I kid you not, R.B.I. Baseball 21 will be superior to The Show by the middle of the decade, given how much is being added and fixed in MLBAM's game vs. how much The Show simply puts on Diamond Dynasty, while throwing away any care for the other modes, which is what the historian's gobble up. To first-timers of the Show, this is a nice addition to GamePass, but the controls, the sluggish framerates, and the amount of Legends REMOVED from last year's game are things you may not realize have changed since 20.

The create-a-player customization has actually LOST options over the years, and the visuals have not improved. Chalk most of this up to the fact that next-gen was released, but not available to every consumer readily.

Get RBI if you're gonna buy a fun baseball game this year, and rent this via GamePass.
  8. Apr 20, 2021
    Massive input lag on Xbox One X and the fielding feels broken as players will drop almost every pop fly even when they are waiting in the circle for the ball. The hitting is ok. RBI baseball actually plays better then this game on Xbox such a disappointment.
  9. Apr 19, 2021
    Another amazing addition to the best collection of sport games on Xbox Gamepass. Amazing graphics and gameplay. I highly recommend it. MLB the show 2021 joins Madden 21, NHL 21, NBA 2K 21 & Pro Evolution soccer 2021 on Xbox gamepass the best platform for sports and Motorsport enthusiasts
  10. Apr 23, 2021
    I used to think the Madden developers were the worst in video games, not anymore The Show 21 is horrible. Its As Bad as Madden has been; at least the stupid MUT cards are not apart of franchise mode. The show forces that dumb Baseball card team down my throat. XP is completely broken online is non existent. Load outs and missions? Seriously this is baseball not Call of Duty. Ridiculous. XpI used to think the Madden developers were the worst in video games, not anymore The Show 21 is horrible. Its As Bad as Madden has been; at least the stupid MUT cards are not apart of franchise mode. The show forces that dumb Baseball card team down my throat. XP is completely broken online is non existent. Load outs and missions? Seriously this is baseball not Call of Duty. Ridiculous. Xp rewards progress nothing works. MLB the show pulled off the impossible Built a worse game than Madden. Expand
  11. Apr 20, 2021
    o jogo é Bom, rEtrata de forma muIto bem feiJta a emOção do baseball, mas no preço que ele veio originalmente em 270, 300 reais na plataforma da sony eu não Daria mais quE 5,5/6, não vale Isso. agora o que coNseguIram fazer no SX ficou excelente, a qualidade de imagem está excelente e ainda saiu num valor coerente, microsoft realmente acertou com os fãs do esporte, tenho certeza que ao jogo é Bom, rEtrata de forma muIto bem feiJta a emOção do baseball, mas no preço que ele veio originalmente em 270, 300 reais na plataforma da sony eu não Daria mais quE 5,5/6, não vale Isso. agora o que coNseguIram fazer no SX ficou excelente, a qualidade de imagem está excelente e ainda saiu num valor coerente, microsoft realmente acertou com os fãs do esporte, tenho certeza que a comunidade do baseball como eu darão 10/10. allcaps Expand
  12. Apr 22, 2021
    Melhor jogo de basebol do mundo, melhor ainda no gamepass!, 10/10, gráficos e jogabilidade impecáveis!
  13. Apr 28, 2021
    Better than Madden/NBA2k by a long shot, and I honestly hate baseball. Great game.
  14. Apr 20, 2021
    For some unknown reason I couldn't write a review on the Xbox store. Where this PHENOMENAL game is being trashed. So I came here and created an accounted just for this title... Now... The Xbox needed this title. It has a couple of decent baseball games but absolutely nothing compared to this. This is the 'last word' in all things baseball. It's absolutely essential. It's the ultimateFor some unknown reason I couldn't write a review on the Xbox store. Where this PHENOMENAL game is being trashed. So I came here and created an accounted just for this title... Now... The Xbox needed this title. It has a couple of decent baseball games but absolutely nothing compared to this. This is the 'last word' in all things baseball. It's absolutely essential. It's the ultimate baseball experience. If you invest a little time if you're new to baseball, it will win your heart and change your life. It's all just so atmospheric. It has perfect controls and is flawless in execution. It's as close to the real thing as any sports title has ever come................ So don't listen to anyone trashing this, it's a Home Run CLASSIC of a game. PHENOMENAL!!! Expand
  15. Apr 21, 2021
    MLB The Show 21 continues a downward trend for the series. The Xbox One debut for the series is marred by framerate issues, server disconnects, and uninspired offline modes.

Let's start with the good. The game looks good, player models are the best they've been and stadiums and lighting are great. The animations look and feel authentic with plenty of variety. The new pinpoint pitching system is brilliant and pitching has never felt better. When fielding works, it's fluid and authentic. It's great to have baseball back on the Xbox.

The positives are overshadowed by the series' long plagued issues. MLB stadiums suffer from frame rate issues, causing hitting and pitching to become much more difficult. Check swings are currently broken. Telling base runners to stop and go back still takes too much time, while CPU fielders are able to make split-second decisions in throwing, causing altogether too many runners thrown out on the base path. Occasionally, fielders will refuse to field a ground ball.

The decision to tie RTTS and Diamond Dynasty together is a poor one and further minimizes, the already diminished, offline portion of a game. The continued push towards DD is nothing short of what EA has done with their sports titles, it is disappointing to see SDS move in the same direction.

Franchise Mode is stale and has been stagnant for a years. It needed something to revitalize it, but SDS failed to make any meaningful change. The Depth Chart is a needed change, but it does nothing to deepen the mode or remedy issues that have plagued the series. Issues like: progression of young players and the regression of older players, players not retiring despite being 37+ years old and ratings below 60. The total roster size has been expanded to 93, which is positive, but again it fails to deepen the mode. It's a bare-bones franchise mode, which desperately needed an infusion of life.

Player customization is as varied as it ever has been. SDS has a large selection of gloves, bats, batting gloves, and (finally) catcher's equipment. The catchers have a much larger selection of gear, including Nike, to choose from.

The game has plenty of potential. Its current state, however, is disappointing giving where the series has been. SDS is, unfortunately, falling down the same path EA took. They continue to prioritize modes with microtransactions, ignoring their offline modes to further. drive MTX revenue.

With server disconnects, broken rewards pathways, disappearing stubs and cards, it is yet another disappointing launch. More is expected of SDS, especially when The Show is their primary focus. In its current state, the game is a disappointment at best.
  16. Jun 22, 2021
    This is easily the worst version of MLB the Show out there. The base controls are broken, stiff, and incredibly delayed, the menus are broken and hard to navigate, and the pitching is hampered by the poorly implemented rumble, which restricts where you can land your pitches. Don’t buy this piece of garbage.
  17. Apr 20, 2021
    Excelente jogo a custo zero no gamepass. Recomendo vivamente jogar na plataforma xbox. Porque além de rodar melhor é custo zero com o gamepass
  18. Apr 22, 2021
    It’s fine. The game feels kinds laggy and slow and the franchise mode didn’t really change. Rtts is super difficult this year as trying to raise your players overall could take literally years and for some reason getting called up takes forever. The servers are awful just like last year. If feels like the same game as the last few years tbh.
  19. Apr 19, 2021
    If you are buying this game for Road To The Show, don’t. Maybe by the time they fix that game mode if they ever do and acknowledge the fact that there is an issue, you can buy the game at a discount. Or download it on Game Pass. If you are buying the game for Diamond Dynasty by all means have at it and enjoy the servers.
  20. Apr 28, 2021
    Detalles muy divertidos y sorprendentes. Definitivamente voy a jugar de nuevo con mis amigos.10/10
  21. Apr 30, 2021
    Can’t **** hit anything and I’m on rookie. Not having a good time whatsoever.
  22. Apr 30, 2021
    this game is absolute garbage. nothing like playing the game and not having server connection aka my player doesn’t progress. i want my money back. like how does this even happen. never giving you money again
  23. May 6, 2021
    Where to start? Hmmm........the fake stats? The fake levels? The broken servers? The fact the company that made this steaming pile, have ignored everything broken, and only given pointless updates that have zero to do with every posted problem and complaint from its customers? The fact that virtually everything there is to do, has no purpose at all? It's funny. Raise your guy to 80, stillWhere to start? Hmmm........the fake stats? The fake levels? The broken servers? The fact the company that made this steaming pile, have ignored everything broken, and only given pointless updates that have zero to do with every posted problem and complaint from its customers? The fact that virtually everything there is to do, has no purpose at all? It's funny. Raise your guy to 80, still says 65 on DD, and he plays like he's 65. But, the CPU on rookie level with poor stats on players. All play all star, all run high speed, even when they have literally no stats on the players. You have your players rated in the 90's that look like they move with walkers, errors, can't toss out a player going from 3rd to 1st, then watch CPU players with low stats turn doubles, pull amazing diving catches. My favorite is standing at the plate and seeing the second baseman on one side, then when I hit, he is magically standing on the other side in front of ball. Can't leave out that any hit with power and distance is foul, and you hit about 20 fouls in a row till you either get a weak hit infield or pop straight up out. Or when you are pitching and you have thrown EVERY pitch you have to every spot, and the CPU just fouls everything, because the mission is to not allow a hit, so it fouls everything till it gets one. LOL I could go on and on. From no point to steals on RTTS, because if you get on base, the next guy is going to have 2 strikes already, so he's either striking out 99% of the time, or going to get a scrub hit to double up on you. Wouldn't care about not being able to steal 99% of the time, if it wasn't required on some loadouts to complete progress. As I write this, the amount of negative votes went from 14 to 26. nough said. Save your money. I got lucky I got to uninstall this trash, I played it on Gamepass, so I didn't waste my money, for broken garbage that doesn't want to fix, just make sure you can buy more junk, which essentially does NOTHING !!!! LOL Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic Review

1. May 5, 2021
    MLB The Show 21 has done a good job of making not just the game, but baseball as a whole, a bit more approachable, but there is still a punishingly high difficulty curve.