7.0

1. Oct 7, 2020
    Who is your Partner, Gangsta: no, A rapper: no, A floating talking banana that has a tiny face that his home is entire world of pink and candy: yes
    Welcome to My friend Pedro, good game
  2. Jul 13, 2020
    •Gunplay and combat is great in this. All the weapons you use are (while basic) fun and really responsive. What makes this even better is how you traverse the levels so easily. It’s always your fault for not understanding the situation and how to make it through quickly and without taking damage. It can be a bit unfair at times but this is the exception, not the rule. Because of how good•Gunplay and combat is great in this. All the weapons you use are (while basic) fun and really responsive. What makes this even better is how you traverse the levels so easily. It’s always your fault for not understanding the situation and how to make it through quickly and without taking damage. It can be a bit unfair at times but this is the exception, not the rule. Because of how good it is, almost all the levels feel incredibly replayable.
    •I’d say there’s one set of levels I wasn’t a huge fan of, but otherwise all of them are really good and well thought out. There aren’t many huge standouts aside from the endings to each section, and even still those aren’t totally incredible, but they’re definitely fun and different enough to distinguish them.
    •The story is ok. I wouldn’t call it bad, but it’s predictable and basic. Dialogue is fine, too. Some good lines here and there.
    •Game looks great for what it is. As in, you can see what’s going on at all times on top of a nice looking art style. Works really well.

Overall: Short-ish game filled with some really fun gameplay and well thought out mechanics and levels. A few duds in there but definitely worth the time (and then some for replaying levels).
  3. Jul 2, 2020
    Bon petit jeu, qui ma fait passé le temps avec une idée de base très spécial, et un gameplay fait pour le scoring (a chaque fin de mission nous somme noté), pouvoir faire des salto au ralentit tout en tirant sur des ennemis, cela n'a pas de prix, pour autant le jeu ne se renouvelleras jamais pendant les quelques heures que cela ma prit pour finir le jeu.
    je n'ai pas de souvenir mémorable
    je n'ai pas de souvenir mémorable de ce jeu et je le prend comme un jeu d'appoint qui a su faire le taff et me divertir le temps que cela a duré
  4. Jul 1, 2020
    Es un juego bastante interesante y amigable con los jugadores principiantes en este genero de videojuegos como es mi caso.

Algunas características a destacar serian que es un juego relativamente sencillo y de corta duración sin embargo esto no impide en ningún sentido su disfrute y no se si lo siguiente se debe a que sea mi prácticamente mi primera vez en un juego de primera vez en un juego de plataformas en mucho tiempo pero el juego motiva a repetírselo una y otra y otra vez pero sobre todo también como su propia descripción lo dice es un excitante juego de masacres sangre brutalidad y sobretodo BANANAS 8/10
  5. Jun 30, 2020
    The narrative is funny and the music is great, but the platforming is super clunky and the bullettime is played out and not executed very well. I went back a second and third time to see if it was just my mood, and couldn't get through more than a couple minutes each time. I'd skip this one.
  6. Jun 30, 2020
    Simple dual stick shooter game.. Not my cup of tea, but it might be yours..
  7. Jun 23, 2020
    Keyif = 8
    Atmosfer = 6
    Süre = 7
  8. Jun 3, 2020
    The action is decent, the controls are solid and the gun selection is pretty good. Maybe I jumped into this game expecting too much which is my own fault, but I just felt that the game became pretty repetitive over time unfortunately. The story isn't anything I took too much notice, but there were some interesting aspects revolving around the relationship between Pedro the banana and theThe action is decent, the controls are solid and the gun selection is pretty good. Maybe I jumped into this game expecting too much which is my own fault, but I just felt that the game became pretty repetitive over time unfortunately. The story isn't anything I took too much notice, but there were some interesting aspects revolving around the relationship between Pedro the banana and the protagonist. The game is pretty unique to say the least, and the concept of you basically being manipulated by a god damn banana to brutally murder a load goons is very eccentric. If you have game pass on Xbox, check the game out if you're bored. Expand
  9. May 27, 2020
    My Friend Pedro is a hilarious sadistic and violent comedy. If you are looking for a fast pace and short breath game to laugh at, then this is your pick up
  10. May 13, 2020
    What this game does, it generally does well; it just never decides to do all that much.
    This is very much a gamey game and the story is only there to be a thread throughout the levels.
    Instead of worrying about switching up the mechanics so often, it would've been nice to see some further synergy instead. However, a not-so-serious execution leaves you enjoying it's short run time
    However, a not-so-serious execution leaves you enjoying it's short run time without worrying too much about imperfections.
  11. May 8, 2020
    I was expecting a little more than what I got, but this is good enough.

I was expecting a little more than what I got, but this is good enough.

My Friend Pedro is a hell of a fun game. While it doesn't offer a great challenge or tons of content, it shines on what it does, while it's doing it. The gameplay is creative, accessible and requires skill on harder difficulties. The writing is funny and level design makes you feel like a badass, traversing through chapters it with ease. It's not an AMAZING game, but it's "cool" to undergo the progress of its obstacles.

The whole game goes by in a flash. Not only its gameplay is extremely fast-paced, but its campaign lasts around only 4 hours. While this time can be very unique, it's not an excellent or very memorable experience.

Play this game if you can! I can't highly recommend it, but it's fun throughout its entire campaign.
  12. Apr 11, 2020
    Gostei do jogo. Achei bem doido. O final com o ir... foi um pouco complicado, mas a jogabilidade é maneiro. Nada de especial. Bem rápido as fazes. GT:WilliamHaole
  13. Apr 7, 2020
    Buen juego de acción plataformero. Duración corta pero el juego es bastante rejugable.
    Buena intensidad, niveles cortitos.
  14. Apr 2, 2020
    Je croyais qu'on incarnait une banane très énervée qui faisait tomber des méchants truands mais en fait il s'agit de l'ami d'un blaireau avec un flingue, un ami imaginaire sans doute, car si une banane me disait que je viens de tomber dans les pommes, je commencerais personnellement à m'inquiéter...

Toujours est-il que c'est un jeu à deux balles (en l'occurrence un étron indé) qui a l'allure d'un navet pas frais et la tête dans les choux, pour ne pas dire dans le fion. Une sorte de "jeu" de tir très con et très répétitif en deux dés et demi avec le stick droit pour diriger les tirs : imprécis et navrant. Et pathétique et déjà vu.

C'est donc rapidement ennuyeux et totalement dispensable mais non recyclable, car on ne voit pas en quoi on pourrait recycler cette sous-connerie de pseudo-jeu à la con. Alors direction la poubelle verte, prière de bien emballer et fermer le sac de cette merde : ah si seulement, on pouvait confiner la connerie !
  15. Feb 29, 2020
    Very funny and easy to learn game just enjoyed from start to finish. I love these kind of mechanics.
  16. Feb 1, 2020
    History 8/10
    Gameplay in xbox with control 7/10 (the gameplay with mouse and pad is better)
    Action 10/10
    Graphics 9/10
  17. Jan 24, 2020
    My Friend Pedro is a Side-Scrolling Action Dual-Stick Shooter. You play as an unnamed, and un-voiced protagonist, being told what to do by a Banana? That's Right, Pedro the Banana. The object of My Friend Pedro is to blast your way through all the enemies. The way you get to do this is the treat! During the game, you get to use gratuitous amounts of bullet time, and impressive (yet awkwardMy Friend Pedro is a Side-Scrolling Action Dual-Stick Shooter. You play as an unnamed, and un-voiced protagonist, being told what to do by a Banana? That's Right, Pedro the Banana. The object of My Friend Pedro is to blast your way through all the enemies. The way you get to do this is the treat! During the game, you get to use gratuitous amounts of bullet time, and impressive (yet awkward during certain moments) acrobatics to flip, spin, twist, and even aim two different directions to dispatch your adversaries. You can kick knives out of the air at your opponents, or toss a frying pan in the air and ricochet bullets around obstacles. The games physics, mixed with the slow-mo effect of the bullet-time make you feel like an unstoppable Badass, and look like one too! The weapon variety is a bit slim, but each weapon has it's best use, and you use them all. The Story is nearly not there, and there aren't many memorable characters either, but none of that detracts from the action. Most of the "humor" feels forced but is a few times good for a chuckle to break up the gunfire. Even without bringing a story to the table, My Friend Pedro will keep you blasting away. On the easier difficulty, you can just press your way through most of it, but if you pump that difficulty up, each battle feels deep and challenging! This game does exactly what it set out to do, allow you to be a badass that can twist flip through a window and shoot 4 enemies before landing. Incredibly fun shooter, and will make a great addition to any bullet-time fan's Collection! Expand
  18. Dec 27, 2019
    great game with fluid controls but very short I beat this game in one sitting and it has little to no replay value
  19. Dec 18, 2019
    Fun, fast and funny. A great game for short blasts. The graphics are nothing special, but the style and funny quips from your banana friend more than make up for it. The music is great though and the game has a gentle learning curve. Perfect for just one more go.
  20. Dec 16, 2019
    My Friend Pedro is an incredibly polished and fair game. The graphical style is unique, the gameplay is extremely enjoyable. There was only one part of the game that I felt frustrating, this was on one of the last levels so it wasn't off-putting. I would rate 9 out of 10,one of my favourite games all year.
  21. Dec 9, 2019
    Un Shooter plataformero que bebe de Hotline Miami tanto en mecánicas como en banda sonora.Presenta unos escenarios muy vacíos y se hace un poco repetitivo en la recta final pero te enganchara y no podrás soltar el mando.
  22. Dec 9, 2019
    Esse jogo é muito bom, um excelente plataforma 2D, um jogo cômico com uma banana muito carismática
  23. Dec 7, 2019
    Divertidinho. Não passa disso. Se fosse pra comprar este jogo, não compraria. Joguei na pass e já desinstalei.
  24. Dec 6, 2019
    Interesting take on the 2D platformer genre. Genuinely enjoyed playing through the levels as it offered appropriate levels of challenge to keep it interesting but still enjoyable.
  25. Oct 7, 2020
    Welcome to My friend Pedro, good game

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jan 28, 2020
    What My Friend Pedro does really well is offer a sense of variety in the weapons, the ways you can kill and the level design. While some missions may be more fun than others, no level is quite the same as the last. This makes every new encounter feel fresh and exciting. The ability to tackle each battle in a multitude of different ways means you’ll find yourself returning time and time again to see how much better you can clear them and achieve a higher final score. [Issue#187, p.85]
  2. Dec 17, 2019
    Like a popcorn popping Hollywood blockbuster, My Friend Pedro offers a bullet-bonanza ballet that’s hard to ignore thanks to its slick moves, combining a great sense of fast food action gameplay that escalates in challenge as you grow accustomed to the many flourishes it adds throughout. Regrettably the characterisation and story falls short, but in all likelihood these fundamentals won’t matter if you’re looking for an action-packed thrill ride, and boy does My Friend Pedro offer that in spades. If you demand something more in-depth or intricate you won’t find it here, but everyone else will find that My Friend Pedro scratches an impulsive itch that’s able to impress with its penchant for grace and unabashed style.
  3. Dec 16, 2019
    My Friend Pedro on Xbox One is a gloriously violent, silly and, ultimately, fun game. Because the experience is so short it doesn’t give itself time to become irrelevant or boring, and so we are gifted this little gem of fun that can just be enjoyed.