5.7

1. Apr 16, 2019
    My time at Portia is a relaxing adventure but even though it's easy enough to enjoy these types of games they do end up getting a bit stale or repetitive over time. Thankfully my play of, My Time At Portia didn't get dull nor repetitive, the game is meant to be played at a relaxing pace it makes the gameplay seem even more impressive (For some reason Animal Crossing comes to mind as a slowMy time at Portia is a relaxing adventure but even though it's easy enough to enjoy these types of games they do end up getting a bit stale or repetitive over time. Thankfully my play of, My Time At Portia didn't get dull nor repetitive, the game is meant to be played at a relaxing pace it makes the gameplay seem even more impressive (For some reason Animal Crossing comes to mind as a slow paced game that no matter how long I played stayed fresh and fun while retaining that relaxation that's internationally there. The gameplay features a host of different tasks for you to undertake and the variety within these tasks is extremely addictive and make the replay ability quite high. There’s also a number of different features in play all at once. Once I got past the task of learning these different features I felt I was accomplishing something along my time with My Time At Portia. Accompanying your experience is a solid set of stories that tie well into the gameplay and exploring the world always feels fun and makes you want to keep playing. Other than needing to be somewhat persistent to learn all the controls and how to approach the different tasks you find that any issues become obsolete in your time with the game. In summary, My Time At Portia has an abundance of charm and draws you in throughout your time in Portia (pun intended) and if you have just a small interest in games of this genre then I fully recommend that you give it a try, because it delivers a unique and enjoyable experience from start to finish. It's nice to see games of different style emerge and be successful with new approaches, and it's easy to give My Time At Portia a recommendation to add it to your Xbox gaming library. Expand
  2. Jul 5, 2019
    There is this movement today among these new age gamers that everything needs to be fast paced and dark souls-like where instant gratification is a MUST in a game. I’m here to speak for the gamers who want to sit down and play a game for a while and actually relax and enjoy their time. If you’re one of those types of gamers, then this game is for you. Things take time to build, thingsThere is this movement today among these new age gamers that everything needs to be fast paced and dark souls-like where instant gratification is a MUST in a game. I’m here to speak for the gamers who want to sit down and play a game for a while and actually relax and enjoy their time. If you’re one of those types of gamers, then this game is for you. Things take time to build, things take time to explore, and the game does progress slowly. With that said, it allows you to actually relax and play at your own leisure. The way the game plays out is like how Rune Factory 4 was.. Crafting is a must, and so is gaining experience while exploring and fighting. You also have to have patience and if you have no patience, then this game is absolutely not for you. I’ve always enjoyed games that allows you to help towns people, craft, build items, and allows you to build and expand on your home. This game does all the above and for me is a solid 8.5 out of 10. The reason why it’s not a perfect 10 is because I don’t believe any game is truly a perfect 10 and will always have a flaw. The flaw of this game is sometimes the camera can be a little wonky, and the NPCs will go crazy, but fear not, the NPCs usually correct themselves.

Wonderful and perfect game for those of you looking for that Rune Factory x Harvest Moon itch

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    May 22, 2019
    A sprawling ramshackle mishmash of a game that somehow works. [Issue#177, p.82]
  2. Apr 19, 2019
    Despite that some aspects of the game are either overwhelming, or, not wholly refined, My Time at Portia is a solid addition to the life simulation genre. There’s heaps of gameplay depth to soak up and enjoy, with no shortage of variation present to keep things fresh and entertaining. Whilst it pales in comparison to the likes of Animal Crossing, it certainly offers plenty of distinction and gets enough right to stand in a spotlight entirely of its own.
  3. Apr 17, 2019
    My Time in Portia has its moments though and getting through the early milestones hint at the larger picture and more player freedom. As it stands it’s is a ‘life sim’ that could do with a little more of the former.