- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Release Date: Nov 3, 2015
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4
- Summary: Jump behind the wheel of some iconic cars and put the pedal to the metal through Ventura Bay, a sprawling urban playground. Explore overlapping stories as you establish your reputation – and your dream car – and become the top racing icon. Play repeatedly this time, you have five distinctJump behind the wheel of some iconic cars and put the pedal to the metal through Ventura Bay, a sprawling urban playground. Explore overlapping stories as you establish your reputation – and your dream car – and become the top racing icon. Play repeatedly this time, you have five distinct ways to win.… Expand
- Developer: Ghost Games
- Genre(s): Racing, Simulation, Automobile
- # of players: Up to 8
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Need for Speed - Official Gamescom 2015 Trailer
Positive: 6 out of 30
Mixed: 23 out of 30
Negative: 1 out of 30
Nov 3, 2015Yes, there are better, more realistic racing experiences on the market, but few titles can match the pure engagement that this year’s Need for Speed offers.
Jan 8, 2016Long story short, Forza’s customization is more professional but harder to use, while Need For Speed’s customization lacks in areas and it more suitable for people with less knowledge on cars.
Nov 23, 2015Need For Speed is definitely a step in the right direction for the series, at least. With genuinely intelligent AI and the removal of rubber banding, as well as a cleaner lens, the next game from Ghost could well restore Need For Speed to its former glory. At the moment however, it is still unable to catch up to a game released two generations ago.
Nov 3, 2015Need for Speed is not a horrible game, but it is definitely not the amazing ‘reboot’ experience I was looking for. Its biggest detractors are the repetitive gameplay, the graphics engine hanging up or stalling at some very inopportune times, and the ‘less than robust’ online modes.
Official Xbox Magazine UKDec 8, 2015Disappointing. [Christmas 2015, p.66]
Nov 3, 2015There are so many glaring flaws right up front; the framerate bottoms out, the story characters forced upon the players are atrocious and the always online requirement simply eats up bandwidth while adding nothing to the experience. When it hits that perfect line, however, this manages to be a satisfying and beautiful experience.
Nov 3, 2015The quality feel of the driving and nice-looking environment are buried under heaps of technical issues and bland objectives.
Positive: 13 out of 64
Mixed: 25 out of 64
Negative: 26 out of 64
Nov 3, 2015WELCOME BACK ! KING OF RACING GAMES !!
Ghosts game made it ! great graphics and control.
The arcade gameplay is very, very fun. I amWELCOME BACK ! KING OF RACING GAMES !!
Ghosts game made it ! great graphics and control.
The arcade gameplay is very, very fun.
I am grateful that they have returned to their origins and bring a good car game… Expand
Nov 6, 2015This gane absolutely does NOT deserve the terrible reviews it's getting. I feel like maybe a couple people gave it bad ratings and the restThis gane absolutely does NOT deserve the terrible reviews it's getting. I feel like maybe a couple people gave it bad ratings and the rest just followed suit. As a Need for Speed player since its birth, I know the game franchise inside and out. I've been through their ups and downs and multiple variations of the game.
First of all, what people are complaining about is what Need for Speed has ALWAYS HAD!!!!!!
1. Rubber Band AI...um, I can't think of a need for speed without this one lol I think it makes the game fun. Why does everyone all of a sudden have a problem with this? I'll tell you why..Because One persone said it so now everyones on the bandwagon.
2. Sound track.. completely objective. I don't think it's bad at all.
3. Always at night... Does anyone remember Carbon? I do.. great game.
4. Arcade driving. This one blows my mind.. OF COURSE ITS ARCADE DRIVING YOU FOOLS!!! ITS NEED FOR SPEED. If you want realistic check out forza or its variation horizon. This is a game about arcade fun driving.
5. Other random complaints about drifting in the game? really? Underground, Carbon.. etc..
6. Cheesy Story.. Because NFS always had a great story lol I was like 10 years old and could still see through the cheesiness at times. They've always been cheesy!! give me a break people.
Now for what I think is actually wrong.
1. The game sometimes has a frame rate drop. I don't know if it has to do with the graphics or always being online, but it's an issue I'd really like fixed.
2. Always online is kind of annoying. I really loved how Burnout Paradise did it. You could choose to be offline or online. People seem to be moving away from always online games and that makes me happy.
3. Lack of police is a bummer. It takes a while to find the cops. When you do however, the chases can be exhilarating.
4. The city does in fact need a little more character. I do agree with people on this. So far, my favorite open world has been Most Wanted. Maybe it was the day time, maybe it was the actual city I don't know. I just loved the feel of that game. I would have really liked them to incorporate daytime into the game but it's not a killer in my opinion.
Awesome driving, fun cop chases, great audio effects, great graphics overall. This game is a Solid 8 and definitely a fun experience if you are an arcade racing fan.
Side note: I have yet to play with buddies online, I'll update this after I do.… Expand
Nov 3, 2015This isn't the best need for speed, but it is still top notch. If the framerate issues get fixed then i will change my score. Don't listen toThis isn't the best need for speed, but it is still top notch. If the framerate issues get fixed then i will change my score. Don't listen to the critics review if you are a need for speed fan. This game is fun but where's the multiplayer? What's the point of customization if you can't show it off by getting 1st place in a race?… Expand
Jan 3, 2016Need For Speed is a step in the right direction for the series, The customization and personalization of your car is a huge focus of the gameNeed For Speed is a step in the right direction for the series, The customization and personalization of your car is a huge focus of the game and makes you feel attached and involved in the car you build. The selection of cars is quite big to so any kind of car fan should be able to find a car he or she likes. Each car also handles slightly different but with the upgrade system in the game you are able to tweak a car to your preferences. The process of choosing the car you wanted to build up, saving up the money and then upgrading was one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. Then once you start racing with said car the game really starts coming together. Seeing your creation in motion is awesome and usually inspires you to go buy another car and do it all over And you will need to in the game. It has multiple types of races from Circuit,Sprint,Drift,Drift Train and so much more, So it can be hard trying to build one car that can do it all. The Driving in NFS is defiantly something more related to a arcade racing game but is still enjoyable. Fans of more realistic driving games may find it hard at first to adjust. The streets you race on seem to always be wet or it's raining so drifting and sliding around cars and corners is easy and fun buy at times in the wrong car or turn things become difficult. Later in the game you can run into some extremely uneven races and challenges that may become frustrating and sadly trying to "Restart" A race just makes you reload to before the race start and then load the race all over again, This becomes Extremely frustrating after only a few times and is a major oversight. The story to the game isn't very interesting and is told thought live action cinematics like previous games and sadly almost every-time the actors are horrible and it's no different this time around. The game also forces you to always be online so you can't pause the game and if you ever lose internet in the middle of a race...well to bad.
Need For Speed is far from perfect but it does do somethings extremely well and that leads to having perfect moments with the game you will love but also those moments that are far from that.… Expand
Nov 12, 2015For starters, the AI becomes almost unbeatable later in the game. Their precision is outrageous during races. Also their speed: holy cow!
TheFor starters, the AI becomes almost unbeatable later in the game. Their precision is outrageous during races. Also their speed: holy cow!
The outcome of a race is based on pure luck: hope the leader crashes into something so you can finish first. Be warned: this game will NOT test your skill, only your amount of luck...and patience!… Expand
Nov 3, 2015I'm giving this game a two because it has only two things going for it: graphics and customization. The game looks fantastic and there is aI'm giving this game a two because it has only two things going for it: graphics and customization. The game looks fantastic and there is a huge roster of cars with loads of customization options. However, even though the game looks good, the open world itself sucks because it's always night time and for some reason its always raining. Another thing that really put me off were the live action cut scenes, they're just really boring and kill immersion. The characters are flat and missions are not as well designed as previous NFS games. The worst part is that this game is always online... that just sucks. Whoever decided to make this game always online needs to go f**k himself. This is a critical design flaw as online interactions are very rare. This game would be better if they just removed that.… Expand
Oct 19, 2018wow it´s hard to believe how terrible this game actually is. imagine somebody actually thought this was a good idea? yeah lt them be alwayswow it´s hard to believe how terrible this game actually is. imagine somebody actually thought this was a good idea? yeah lt them be always online even if they wanna play offline. yeah great idea. and how about not beeing able to pause the game even in offline mode so it feels just like beeing online what people obviously want when they choose to play single player. and how about putting an ugly grain filter over everything people love a grainy image. and wouldn´t it be a great idea to hire the worst actors we can find and make them put on some redicoulous soap opera style overacting. on top of that let´s plaster everything with with hashtags yeah that´s so cool these days.
everything about this game is unappealing and uninviting the world it creats is ugly and cheap and everything seems like it was cooked up in a board meeting vy executives of whom none had actually ever played a game. to be honest i played this pile of rubbish for about ten minutes in which i sat through the awful acting. i couldn´t even finish the first race i finished first and then the others parked there and nothing happened then a timer came up and the race restartet and the same happened again. i paid 5 dollars for this stinking pile of manure on ebay because i heard how terrible it was and wanted to check it for myself. but even that was way too much. just imagine paying full prive for this **** festival. this game is hust a very bad joke… Expand
- (2 views)
- (1 view)
- (1 view)
- (2 views)
- (325 views)
- (7 views)
- (0 views)