5.8

1. Nov 25, 2013
    Despite the camera angles, I love this racing game. as a casual racer it brings a lot of excitement. Love the graphics and how you can upgrade your car. The handling for me is a bit much but the more I play the better ill get
  2. Jan 19, 2014
    I honestly am enjoying this racer more than Forza 5. It is more fun to play with friends but is still great when racing solo. The is the best Need For Speed since Hot Pursuit. Not to mention, the game was developed by the folks that brought us the Burnout series. Take what you loved about both games and you have NFS: Rivals.
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    Rivals is a pretty good racing game.
    I hate racing games, so that is saying something.
    The time I spent playing Rivals was often on edge, trying to escape a high speed pursuit, risking my 200k point value so I can get my final challenge completed before returning to base was a blast. The downside is the fact that you constantly hear other player's talking in the background, and if you
    Rivals is a pretty good racing game.
    I hate racing games, so that is saying something.
    The downside is the fact that you constantly hear other player's talking in the background, and if you refuse to race one, they often will try as hard as they can to wreck your car. It isnt fun, it is annoying. The enjoyment of randomly joining in another player's race is worn down by the often unsportsmanlike conduct.
    Graphically the game is wonderful, but the characters are robots with dialogue and acting so bad I honestly laughed out loud many times.
  4. May 26, 2014
    I bought the game because I'm a lover of the series but unfortunately this game is just crap. You repeat boring tasks many times over accompanied by an outrageous number of glitches. The glitches alone make this game barely playable. Definitely not worth the $60.

Problems: 1. The autosave feature doesn't work, losing my progress numerous times. Yes, I've read about how to prevent

Problems:
    1. The autosave feature doesn't work, losing my progress numerous times. Yes, I've read about how to prevent the issue but it keeps happening. It seems to be able to remember how much of a speedlist I've completed but unable to record my progress from level 21 to 39 in a single session.
    2. First time I played the game, the trigger wouldn't move my car causing me to do a reinstall.
    3. If you don't find an online game right away, the main loading screen hangs for 5 minutes until you're put in a world by yourself. I turned off the online feature because of this as I rarely found a game immediately.
    4. Leaving a command post or safe house, I've froze the game numerous times when starting to drive.

Don't buy it. Don't ask for it as a gift. Don't borrow it from a friend.
  5. May 22, 2016
    Having played Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted (2012), this game was very easy to grasp the basic concepts of as its a straight mash up of the two games in one. For what this game does have in terms of content, it's not bad. It is lacking in number of cars when compared to Forza or Gran Turismo. The graphics look great and cars are nicely detailed. Kinda disappointed with no cockpit view. BestHaving played Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted (2012), this game was very easy to grasp the basic concepts of as its a straight mash up of the two games in one. For what this game does have in terms of content, it's not bad. It is lacking in number of cars when compared to Forza or Gran Turismo. The graphics look great and cars are nicely detailed. Kinda disappointed with no cockpit view. Best thing I can say I liked is being able to jump right in and play. And there is an option to play offline unlike Need for Speed 2015. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2016
    The game can be pretty fun but the some missions are awfully designed, especially the racer missions. The point of view is also annoying as hell, as you can barely see what is coming towards you. The story is **** too.
  7. Sep 23, 2014
    A handful of very significant misgivings really ruin this game. Note: this is intended as both a counter and a supplement to critic's reviews. I am writing this because I read and watched a number of reviews of this game, and found that I have not been told of a number things about the game, when I really should have been. I know negative user-reviews for critically praised games are oftenA handful of very significant misgivings really ruin this game. Note: this is intended as both a counter and a supplement to critic's reviews. I am writing this because I read and watched a number of reviews of this game, and found that I have not been told of a number things about the game, when I really should have been. I know negative user-reviews for critically praised games are often extremely harsh, uninformative and thus not worth reading, but from now on I will be giving them a bit more consideration - to find out the sort of things I've detailed below from my fellow gamer, and not just getting the opinion of some crony reviewer with his palms greased by the likes of EA. My problems are:

1. The fact that you can't pause in offline mode/single player is a real game-breaker for me, especially in this kind of game.

2. I also don't like having to drive to events.

3. I don't like being told "Please turn around to start this event". Why is this necessary? To preserve realism? This is an arcade (not a simulation) style game

4. I don't like not being told on the easy drive menu which events I've already finished, and with what medal. I had this in NFS most wanted, but not here.

5. Losing all of my speed points trying to get "back to base" - Critics have praised this as an involving risk-reward mechanism, to me (especially in a game which I cannot pause when playing offline) it means I also can't finish a session when I'm done doing the things I actually wanted to do... What if I want to play a race and get the rewards? Can't simply do that. Also, if you want to keep playing races, you have to either risk your speed points and do a short "drive to event" and play it, or bank them by taking a detour to base, adding yet more filler between events.

6. Not being clear of where to go in races... it's often unclear where you have to go at a fork or junction. This is down to both the open world style of the game, and the poor signalling. It's a sad day when in a racing game, focusing on the minimap (which they've stupidly decided to put in the bottom-left of the screen) is better for your game than looking at the road ahead.

Honestly, I just had to get these points down to express my frustration with these aspects.

I can see a good game underneath all of this - but I don't even feel like I've played it yet for the points above never cease to frustrate and distract me.

My advice to EA would be to go back to NFS hot pursuit's style of choosing an event from a map - showing us clearly what we've achieved in the event so far. Either do away with the open world thing, or just have it as an optional way to play. Most Wanted got more frustrating, less playable and less fun than Hot Pursuit because of this kind of direction EA is taking (always online, always open world). Here, the problems are exponentially more bothersome.
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    I haven't played the Need for Speed series since my childhood, but Rivals has made me a fan again. It is hard to beat an arcade racer where you are either driving away from the cops or pursuing speeding vehicles and trying to put them against the wall.

The best aspect of the game is actually after the chase sequence is over with when you have to "bank" your credits by visiting the nearest command post or hideout location. This feature really puts pressure on you as a gamer when you try to decide if enough is enough or if you want to go back out there and risk losing all of your points.

My only issue so far is the multiplayer experience. It runs very well, but it is difficult to find your friends with a map so large. I know they are going for seamless multiplayer, but I would rather set up matches with my friends to make it easier.

However, a lot of fun is still to be had while jumping online. It is great to have 3 v 3 against friends and race through the streets going 150 mph+
  9. Nov 25, 2013
    Rivals has surprised me. I wasn't originally planning on getting it after being left hugely disappointed with most wanted but I am actually really enjoying it. To start with, upgrades are finally back, not to the extent of forza, not even to the extent of NFS Underground 2, but they are at least here. And progression is also back, no more of this if you find a car laying around you keep itRivals has surprised me. I wasn't originally planning on getting it after being left hugely disappointed with most wanted but I am actually really enjoying it. To start with, upgrades are finally back, not to the extent of forza, not even to the extent of NFS Underground 2, but they are at least here. And progression is also back, no more of this if you find a car laying around you keep it nonsense. Now you start off in a rank 1 car and as you progress through the game you unlock ranks 2, 3 and 4 each with a few cars in each rank. Visuals are upgradeable with paint jobs and decals and performance upgrades come in 5 categories, strength, durability, control, acceleration and top speed, all with 5 levels of upgrades. You pay for upgrades with speed points earnt by playing races, or driving around causing havoc, however, get busted by the cops before you get back to a safehouse and you lose your speed points. The gameplay is very much arcade, don't expect realism, just expect high speed entertainment.

The game however does have a few downfalls and here they are:
    Limited car roster. Only about 20-30 cars as a racer and the same again as a cop. Each set is of different cars too, why not have all cars in the game available to both?

The game would a lot more viable if instead of calling the upgrades "top speed" they actually had it listed as engine, drivetrain etc. like they used to.

Apart from that I am really genuinely enjoying this game. As I said, go into this looking to have some fun and not looking for realism and i'm sure you'll have a blast.
  10. Nov 27, 2013
    I originally did not want to purchase Rivals, but I am extremely glad I did.

I originally did not want to purchase Rivals, but I am extremely glad I did.

The game is exciting playing on both sides as a cop or racer its challenging and good look into what next gen may look like. The only issue I run into while playing is the Kinnect will often miss hear you and change your camera angles I think they should remove the camera look around and just use it for GPS lookups cause its extremely handy just to say GPS repair and get your car fixed while still in pursuit or racing and getting your SP. Another con is initial load time is horrendous but once you get into an all drive server its smooth and works excellent.

The game will pick up at Christmas with more players online and will probably make for an even better play field and experience! Please do your self a favor and pick yourself up a copy of NFS Rivals.
  11. Dec 28, 2013
    I bought this game today (December 28th) put it in, updated it, and started it up. The tutorials are long winded and unskippable, as is the intro video. The first, second, third, and fourth time I was told to start a head on race, my car plummeted to the ground and the wheels freaked out. I took it back and traded it in.
  12. Dec 28, 2013
    I started the race for career it save up to rank 9 I beat the game I was at rank 21 I took the game out next time I put it back in it put me back at rank 9 and all the cars I unlocked was put back too and all the races I beat was put back too and the one car I put points in to was gone
  13. Feb 22, 2014
    Need For Speed always seems to rush games out, and you can tell with this game. The game is very fun, kind of has the same feeling as the previous NFS: Most Wanted. Graphics are nice, not as good as Forza, but good. The problems I have with this game is that almost every car feels the same, and there is a very slim amount of customization. The gameplay is very repetitive as well.
  14. Mar 8, 2014
    I honestly have no idea how EA can pass this as a complete 60 dollar game. This game is incomplete by any definition and is yet another EA rip off. I was a huge fan of need for speed underground and underground 2, and these predecessors from 2003 have twice the content. Need for speed Rivals offers nothing in terms of aesthetic or performance upgrade. In need for sped rivals you spendI honestly have no idea how EA can pass this as a complete 60 dollar game. This game is incomplete by any definition and is yet another EA rip off. I was a huge fan of need for speed underground and underground 2, and these predecessors from 2003 have twice the content. Need for speed Rivals offers nothing in terms of aesthetic or performance upgrade. In need for sped rivals you spend your time repeating mindless tasks in a small unappealing open world map. Honestly this is a huge flop. This game is a disgrace to NFS underground. EWWWW Expand
  15. Mar 21, 2014
    How can I buy a racing game that dont have 2 players split screen? I have to buy 2 consoles and 2 games to play with my brother?

Is that it? REALLY? These developers, they've been much better, long time ago.

Today we live on a very ironic time, you can use 4 joysticks, but even a racing game allows play with 2.

EA GO HOME, YOU ARE DRUNK.
  16. Dec 11, 2015
    I find this game interesting because I enjoyed how you can change from police to racer. The graphics on this game is very good because you can see what the objects are in the game. I enjoy this game more than test drive unlimited 2 and call of duty. This game brings more fun and you can play on-line multilayer with another friend.
  17. Dec 6, 2013
    I invite anyone playing Rivals on the XOne to add me

Gtag: Auradin On to the review It's a great game, although anyone can certainly realize that this game is an attempt to capitalize on the release date push back of Drive Club for gamers on PS4. As far as the Xone is concerned this multi-platform title currently suffers from a few minor hitches that prevent the game from
    I invite anyone playing Rivals on the XOne to add me

Gtag: Auradin

On to the review

As far as the Xone is concerned this multi-platform title currently suffers from a few minor hitches that prevent the game from realizing its full potential. That & the current competition against Forza might drive a split player base as far as this particular launch title is concerned.

As is the norm for most racing games in the 21st century you will NOT see your average daily a&b cars in this game. The game is focused on the fastest models available to the Need For Speed community. There is a planned release for "traffic cars" that will be added as playable cars (such as the Cobalt SS and VW Mk6), but this won't be until closer to Christmas.

Although this might deter some as the implementation of compact coupes (in Most Wanted/Carbon/Most Wanted 2012) is one of the highlights of those series of games. Rivals retains the old school Hot Pursuit style racing formula while attempting to expand on other elements in the most wanted series, while simultaneously providing seamless multi-player transition racing and an (albeit small) free roam map.

While the multi-player concepts that drive the game and its world, this is also ultimately it's downfall. Currently the only issue I have experienced so far is finding other racers within the game itself. This makes for a very degrading experience considering that the game was created as an Online title.

Aside from what is mentioned above this is a great title if you aren't after the simulation style of driving that Forza currently offers for the Xbox One.

Although Need for Speed Rivals isn't a particular milestone that has any relevant features that set it apart from most Need for Speed titles already out, it is a good staple in the next generation multi-platform venue and a great launch title to hold players over until another GRID or BURNOUT game appears.
  18. Sep 7, 2014
    a quite sum up for this is - beautiful but boring as f**k. i turnt it on it was great to look at it but its so bloody boring, its the same rubbis over and over again, once youve played 5 minutes thats it you haved done the game. you drive round the same boring map doing the same boring activities. and there isnt any variation if you pick cops or racers, its the same crap. being a cop youa quite sum up for this is - beautiful but boring as f**k. i turnt it on it was great to look at it but its so bloody boring, its the same rubbis over and over again, once youve played 5 minutes thats it you haved done the game. you drive round the same boring map doing the same boring activities. and there isnt any variation if you pick cops or racers, its the same crap. being a cop you drive round the map over and over again chasing people and if your a racer you do the same crap chasing away from cops. 5/10 Expand
  19. Oct 6, 2014
    The last NFS game I bought was Most Wanted 2012 (360) and I found it boring really, It was ok but overall boring. I rated that game 7.7. I like to have fun in my arcade racers and the original Driver was a lot of fun. I also like Stuntman and Driver San Fransisco. Also Split Second which was a fun game that never really got the recognition it deserved based on fun.

So I never bothered

So I never bothered buying this game new, in fact I only just got it at the launch of Forza Horizon 2 and I'm gutted I never bought this game from new.

This game is an adrenaline rush, a high speed thrill. Being more open road with no cities just highways, major and minor country roads. This makes for fast paced action.

You can be a Racer or a Cop or switch between both.You have the usual jumps and shortcuts but in this game you also have pursuit tech, which can be used by the police or racers. Some items are only for each faction but most can be used by Racers or Cops.

The game is played in what as become the norm for Next Gen in a world that has human players in but you can still can have a single player experience. Interaction with other players is generally low but you can instigate interaction with races for drivers near your area on the map or by bumping into them and challenging them or setting a route to them with the GPS in car. You can also have parties with your friends to race or work as a team of cops to bring Street Racers to justice Need For Speed style.

Career mode, this is like a single player game but in a multiplayer world, so not strictly fully single player but plays out like a single player game for all intensive purposes. You get to choose Racer or Cop and can switch at anytime. Each Chapter of the story you play in career unlocks cars, upgrade, tech, paint jobs etc. What I like about this is you can choose between three assignments to complete a chapter making for a more user friendly experience by allowing you to choose the path that will suit your skills/play style the most. But some chapters not many have the same assignments for the purpose of the story.

Kinect:- For once we have a game that utilises the Kinect and once you have used Kinect in NFS Rivals you can never go back to playing without in. There is a command list to learn but it's not hard and when racing at high speed you can ask the GPS things that can save you from wrecking, being busted by the cops or refreshing nitro's. You can also find Events or other players or call up the map.

The multiplayer world is limed to 6 players only, I would have liked to seen more may be 8 even 12.

To some up it's a great high speed open world racer that's a whole lot of fun and a genuine adrenaline rush.

Rating 8.7 out of 10
  20. Jan 27, 2015
    I got this game for free through EA Access and I still feel ripped off. There is almost nothing good about this game. The graphics are terrible, every car feels as if you are driving a shopping cart and whoever thought that the game should be online only with save points only at safehouses should be shot.
    If you want to experience what this game has to offer, jump in a real car, and
    If you want to experience what this game has to offer, jump in a real car, and drive it off a bridge at 200mph.
  21. Mar 23, 2015
    Rivals is all-too-familiar, with Most Wanted having stood out amongst the very first games available on Xbox 360 and its street racing ties. The arcade-like controls and slick presentation continue to prove why this franchise can still exist in a genre that doesn't command as much attention as the Call of Duty's and Halo's of the world, but it's the surface-level stories that will makeRivals is all-too-familiar, with Most Wanted having stood out amongst the very first games available on Xbox 360 and its street racing ties. The arcade-like controls and slick presentation continue to prove why this franchise can still exist in a genre that doesn't command as much attention as the Call of Duty's and Halo's of the world, but it's the surface-level stories that will make Rivals a tougher sell for some. The game does bring about a more socially-driven NFS that can be found in Forza Horizon, with the ability to challenge real people in real-time within the game world you're only playing. Sadly, the world isn't THAT vast and only a total of six people can play - and there are no dedicated servers (meaning if the host leaves, you get stuck on a loading screen for a solid 30 seconds no matter what you're doing). For Xbox One owners, the best way to get you moneys worth is via the EA Access app, where you can pay $5 for around 8-9 games, which currently includes NFS Rivals. Beat it in under a month, and you can walk away with having only paid $5 for the game (which makes it a killer deal). Expand
  22. Jan 13, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ich mache es so kurz wie nur möglich !
    Need for Speed Rivals versucht ein Hot Pursuit zusein, scheitert dabei aber kläglich.
    Die Story findet keinen Höhepunkt und pro Seite [Racer oder Polizei] gibt es gerade einmal 3 Events zwischen denen man auswählen kann.
    Im Grunde unterscheiden sich beide Seiten nicht wirklich.
    Die Grafik ist hübsch anzusehen, wird aber leider von Pop-Ups und Bugs sowie dem dauerhaften Regentropfeneffekt auf dem Auto runtergezogen.
    Die KI der Racer ist schlecht, die KI der Polizeistreifen hingegen ist grauenvoll, man wird von den eigenen Leuten angefahren und zerstört, ab und zu spawnt ein Auto der anderen Partei auf einem drauf oder direkt vor einem.
    Die Welt ist relativ groß und hat schöne Sehenswürdigkeiten, die man aber nicht besuchen muss weil das erkunden der Welt absolut garnichts bringt.
    Die Kollisionsabfrage beim fahren ist auch nicht wirklich gut, manche Laternen gehen kaputt, andere zerstören dich, manche Zäune gehen kaputt, an anderen zerschellt man.
    Wenn man dann doch mal zerstört wird kann es sein das einem das System in die falsche Richtung spawnt, oder direkt wieder vor einer Wand, sodass man gleich wieder zerstört wird, oder aber man kann ewig nicht fahren und die Polizei nimmt einen gefangen, das stört natürlich wenn man schon 300000SP auf dem Konto hat und dieses Geld gerade übertragen will ...
    Mit Fandungsstufe 10 kann man sich keinen Meter mehr bewegen, auch allgemein fahren schon viel zu viel Polizisten Streife.
    Alles in allem ein Titel den man sich im Sale gönnen kann, oder man nutzt das EA Access Programm und spielt den Titel für 4€ im Monat durch, mehr ist er nicht wert !
    Wer also Lust auf ein Rennspiel hat, sollte alternativ einen anderen Titel spielen.

[This rewiev is written in German language]
  23. Nov 2, 2015
    I cannot put into words how annoying this game is, from being started facing backwards in a race, to not being able to leave online and having online players get in the way of sprints, everything annoyed me from start to finish. Played it for about 2 hours and never ever will I play it again. Please, for your sake, do not buy this, get Forza...any of them! This gets 2 out of 10 just forI cannot put into words how annoying this game is, from being started facing backwards in a race, to not being able to leave online and having online players get in the way of sprints, everything annoyed me from start to finish. Played it for about 2 hours and never ever will I play it again. Please, for your sake, do not buy this, get Forza...any of them! This gets 2 out of 10 just for looking ok. Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2015
    This game is my favorite out of the entire series. A verity of weapons, 2 careers, an array of cars, one huge open world, and a serious but dark story and when you mix all of these it is incredible.

The game revolves around a cop story mode and a racer mode. They are both heavily different with each perspective being different with racers seeing cops nothing more than little dogs chained up on a fence trying to chase the mailman, while cops see racers as a menace of society and it works out too.
    There is over 80 cars in the game and with a frame rate almost with a solid 720p30FPS the game runs very well.

Weapons are also very unique with some being reused only for a different task. Such as the EMP and EMP Mine. They can reach up to levels as high as 4 and that's actually pretty decent. Cars look almost realistic but however it contains a sad story in customization zone. You can only customize car paint, wheel paint, some wraps and decals and that's it.

The story mode is separated in to categories that are distinct from other categories in the respected faction. You can rank up to 61 in the game. After beating a rank you will be able to unlock cars or wraps (racers only). Cops get cars for free while racers have to buy them.

The game's multiplayer however is blended in to the single player. That doesn't mean it's online only. Pausing in NFS Rivals is impossible especially when in single player which is kind of a boner killer if you ask me. The game also features easydrive again but it feels better than most wanted '12 with the U.I. on the screen still.

Since this is an EA game lets talk about the glitches. Whenever you are driving at a fast paced rate, the game will sometimes automatically stop you in your tracks while it is going on still. But this doesn't happen to often. There is also quick respawn glitch which doesn't happen often either. Getting stuck out of the map doesn't happen to often either so thank goodness but when you do you're forced to restart the game because what happens is (one situation) you're stuck, that's it. Then, you can move outside the map but the only way to get out is by *coughs x2* killing yourself if you know what I mean.

The cops in the game are aggressive and will do whatever they can to bust you if your on the opposite faction. The game also comes with a multiplier which increase as up are out in the open. Deviation. More points, more money. Speedpoints count as your currency and used to buy upgrades and such.

Easter eggs are also in the game as well.
  25. Jan 5, 2016
    I got this game (Xbox One) for Christmas and I loved playing it, I got to level 12 and I had the Ferrari 458 spider. For ONE DAY I didn't play the game and when I came back the next day my progress had been mostly lost and I was now on level 3 with the mustang! I was SOOOOOOO angry and I wanted my progress back! I checked the Internet to find a way to get my progress back, butI got this game (Xbox One) for Christmas and I loved playing it, I got to level 12 and I had the Ferrari 458 spider. For ONE DAY I didn't play the game and when I came back the next day my progress had been mostly lost and I was now on level 3 with the mustang! I was SOOOOOOO angry and I wanted my progress back! I checked the Internet to find a way to get my progress back, but unfortunately there wasn't. The only thing I found was that changing your number plate in a hideout or command post could force a save, since I did not want my progress to be lost again I did that halfway through playing and when I finished. I kept playing up to level 14 then we had some painting done in our house so I couldn't play it. When I started the game again I was shocked to see my level had been put back to 3, AGAIN!!! I'm so frustrated at this game that I don't think i am going to play it anymore!

The actual in game experience was great the game looked fabulous and it was really fun, but when It reset that was enough to make me not want to play it! I really hope that this is fixed in need for speed.
  26. Jan 12, 2016
    Routinely resets your progress, clipping issues that cause the game to fap around for a couple of seconds while in a race.
    It comes free with ea access for a reason, cause EA has the kind of support that would make Facebook go bankrupt
  27. Jul 7, 2019
    Uma pena. A franquia Need for Speed teve seu auge principalmente quando Need for Speed:Underground veio ao mercado, em 2003. Até 2006, com Need for Speed Carbon, a saga conquistava mais fãs a cada novo título. Porém, com a introdução extrema de perseguições policiais, câmeras de destruição e a queda da cultura do ''tuning'', os fãs foram ficando cada vez mais decepcionados com a franquia.Uma pena. A franquia Need for Speed teve seu auge principalmente quando Need for Speed:Underground veio ao mercado, em 2003. Até 2006, com Need for Speed Carbon, a saga conquistava mais fãs a cada novo título. Porém, com a introdução extrema de perseguições policiais, câmeras de destruição e a queda da cultura do ''tuning'', os fãs foram ficando cada vez mais decepcionados com a franquia. Rivals não é diferente, e provavelmente é o mais radical lançado até então, com duas ''carreiras'' distintas: uma policial e uma corredor. Provavelmente o que estragou foram as ''tasks'', que devem ser concluídas no mundo aberto belíssimo que o game traz. ''Tasks'' repetidas, sem graça e sem sentido, Rivals não vai animar nem um pouco seus fãs mais antigos, mas vai impressionar os que gostaram desta nova ''mudança'' que a franquia trouxe. Expand
  28. Dec 27, 2019
    To be honest, a game like this shouldn't be allowed. It seems like the developers had no time to actually create the game.

I don't think a game has more issues than this mess of a game. It's just Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010, but worse in every aspect.
  29. Mar 11, 2020
    [ ] Perfect
    [ ] Awesome
    [ ] Good
    [x] Good Bad
    [ ] Fail

Não vejo necessidade em escrever um longo texto analisando sobre uma arte, a nota é apenas um conselho para saber o quanto ela vale para sua vida.

I see no need to write a long text analyzing an art, the note is just a piece of advice to know how much it is worth in your life.
  30. Jun 30, 2020
    Consistently solid quality of arcade type racing game. Nothing surprising or epic, but still fun.
  31. Oct 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'ts a very bad game:
    1 There is no pause in game!
    2 Controls and steering are sucks, you can feel the car
    3 Duo the bad controls your car will be crushed and crushed (and crushed)
    4 Bad angle of camera. You can't see the traffic when you drive down or up the road
    5 Difficulty is ultra very hard
    6 The system of respawn of your car. If you will crush your car once again the game will respawn you towards the place where you have crushed but not towards the direction of the race
    7 The last race mission is impossible to be done. It's insane. It's hard as F**k!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 31, 2014
    The bottom line on Need for Speed Rivals for the Xbox One is that it's a gorgeous world that is pushing the hardware to its limit. Gameplay, however, is as close to the same as its Xbox 360 predecessor. For those who have the Xbox 360 version, it isn't a must buy.
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    Rivals has managed to slip neatly into the middle ground between hardcore and arcade, offering brilliant gameplay mechanics and shameless thrills.
  3. Dec 16, 2013
    Rivals does a great job of proving its worth when all the gears are turning, but with the rate its gears fall out of sync, it's tough to call it a solid step forward for NFS.