7.6

1. Nov 3, 2015
    I'm giving this game a two because it has only two things going for it: graphics and customization. The game looks fantastic and there is a huge roster of cars with loads of customization options. However, even though the game looks good, the open world itself sucks because it's always night time and for some reason its always raining. Another thing that really put me off were the liveI'm giving this game a two because it has only two things going for it: graphics and customization. The game looks fantastic and there is a huge roster of cars with loads of customization options. However, even though the game looks good, the open world itself sucks because it's always night time and for some reason its always raining. Another thing that really put me off were the live action cut scenes, they're just really boring and kill immersion. The characters are flat and missions are not as well designed as previous NFS games. The worst part is that this game is always online... that just sucks. Whoever decided to make this game always online needs to go f**k himself. This is a critical design flaw as online interactions are very rare. This game would be better if they just removed that. Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2015
    Cons
    >always online
    >atrocious (and frustrating) rubberbanding which is used to mask the AI >bad AI >unrealistic driving (some might love that though) >boring city/only night time >lame cutscenes >bad fps drops >lackluster car list (and some weird choices, there's a lot of the same car type, and where are most of the cars the other need for speed had?) >pick up your phone bro pick
    Cons
    >always online
    >atrocious (and frustrating) rubberbanding which is used to mask the AI
    >bad AI
    >unrealistic driving (some might love that though)
    >boring city/only night time
    >lame cutscenes
    >bad fps drops
    >pick up your phone bro pick up your phone bro pick up your phone bro (constant nagging from npcs)
    >can't pause

Pros
    >Lots to customize
    >the game can look stunning at times

I hope people don't fall for all the paid/bot reviews.
    There should be a ton of 0's to counter the 10's from those review bots.
    I wish I could give a more fair review score like a 5 or a 6, which I think the game deserves, but the 0 is for countering the 10 bots.
  3. Nov 3, 2015
    This game requires constant internet connection, Always-on DRM—that is, digital rights management—has been a contentious subject within the gaming world ever since it first arrived on the scene. For those of us not in the know, games that use DRM require people to remain linked to a server via Internet connection in order to actually experience them. While many game developers would assertThis game requires constant internet connection, Always-on DRM—that is, digital rights management—has been a contentious subject within the gaming world ever since it first arrived on the scene. For those of us not in the know, games that use DRM require people to remain linked to a server via Internet connection in order to actually experience them. While many game developers would assert that it’s an effective technique meant to prevent piracy of their software and is a convenient way to distribute updates, most fans would argue that it’s a hassle, especially if the DRM authentication network goes down and locks gamers out completely. Expand
  4. Nov 3, 2015
    the game has a great quality (it is very noticeable in the graphics,sound,etc...) but it is very boring and you need to be constantly connected to the internet.need for speed is far from what it once was
  5. Nov 4, 2015
    This is the worst Need for Speed I've ever played. The xbox version runs at 900p and is blurred without a level of detail. Curves are a bit hard to do, even making a drift you ends up on the wall, that helps you to make the turn. The map is very small and does not have many details and the AI is very bad. The whole game is very boring, and the protagonists are very annoying, they call youThis is the worst Need for Speed I've ever played. The xbox version runs at 900p and is blurred without a level of detail. Curves are a bit hard to do, even making a drift you ends up on the wall, that helps you to make the turn. The map is very small and does not have many details and the AI is very bad. The whole game is very boring, and the protagonists are very annoying, they call you every 10 seconds.

Pros

-Customization

Cons:

-There is no sense of speed
    -Unrealistic driving
    -The graphics are blurred and there's FPS drops.
    -Full of cutscenes
    -Bad AI.
    -Always online.
    -Can't pause

This reboot can be a new beginning for EA, but for us, Need for Speed died in the past, apparently, was not born again yet.
  6. Feb 7, 2017
    No steering wheel, imposed Film Grain, Imposed, Blur, Imposed kids stuff, imposed online and so on, just trash for 5 years olds, thx goodbye, and EA want to come more to pc just stay where you are with you're crap of games you fit there perfectly
  7. Mar 23, 2017
    Need For Speed 2015 is a disgrace to the Need For Speed name.

Need For Speed 2015 is a disgrace to the Need For Speed name.

The gameplay is just straight up horrible,with terrible physics,a counter-steer system which makes drifting near impossible,and considering that drifting makes up a significant portion of the game,this makes the game a chore to play,then you have the awful rubberband AI along with having to be always online to play the game.Then we come to the decent but extremely overrated customisation system,which is nice but with the awful gameplay it doesn't mean anything.

The graphics are great,but the framerate needs some serious work,like most of the game.

Then you have the cringeworthy,downright pathetic and the ''actors'' who perform these scenes are awful.

The sound design is good,but the soundtrack is awful.

Overall,Need For Speed 2015 is an awful game that has made an embarrassment of this franchise.
  8. May 8, 2016
    Worst Need For Sped Ever, and certainly my last EA purchase! They insist their "permanent online" requirement is meant to keeps kids away from playing, what a **** excuse for spreading their useless DRM. And the lack of wheel controller support in a racing title is simply unforgivable! Come one EA, this is 2016 ...hello???
  9. Nov 5, 2015
    I usually only log into metacritic for feedback on games that I love. Exception this time. I can't stand this game.

Rivals was a good game, cars felt reasonable for an arcade racer, nice variety of scenery, decent AI, no forced online. The online actually doesn't bother me at all, but it's unnecessary. The rubber banding AI at the end of the first race made me regret buying it. I

The rubber banding AI at the end of the first race made me regret buying it. I knew it was going to be in there, but I bought it anyway :(

The car has zero feel to it. It doesn't feel like you are in control. Braking does almost nothing, it doesn't feel like you are braking.

I dunno, just really disappointed. Played an hour of Forza 6 just to restore my faith in humanity. I know it's not apples and apples, but Horizon 2 would have served the same purpose, and surely that game is a competitor for this mess.

Don't buy this game. I cannot recommend it. The customization is nothing Forza doesn't have. The cars don't feel like cars. The rubber banding AI removes any feeling of achievement you might have for driving well.
  10. Nov 6, 2015
    A Need For Speed title that requires constant online connection yet lacks a proper multiplayer racing feature. I was prepared for many of the aspects of the game to be bad or lacking but... this? What a stupid blunder by the game developers. The game also loves to stutter on Xbone, civilian cars randomly disappear all the time, even fully tuned cars rev only till 7k rpm, using handbrakeA Need For Speed title that requires constant online connection yet lacks a proper multiplayer racing feature. I was prepared for many of the aspects of the game to be bad or lacking but... this? What a stupid blunder by the game developers. The game also loves to stutter on Xbone, civilian cars randomly disappear all the time, even fully tuned cars rev only till 7k rpm, using handbrake to throw your car sideways can reduce your speed from 200kmh to 0 in less than a second, soundtrack is small and not memorable in the least, rubberbanding AI is a real pain in the ass.. the list goes on and on, I probably forgot half of the problems the game has.

Worst of all, after 15 or so hours of playing I actually find myself enjoying the game, especially the touge area is really fun to drive. This game could've been so damn good but without actual multiplayer race lobbies the game has hardly any replay value and won't live long :|
  11. Nov 12, 2015
    For starters, the AI becomes almost unbeatable later in the game. Their precision is outrageous during races. Also their speed: holy cow!
    The outcome of a race is based on pure luck: hope the leader crashes into something so you can finish first. Be warned: this game will NOT test your skill, only your amount of luck...and patience!
  12. Nov 29, 2015
    My review of NFS Underground 3....I mean NFS for Xbox One. After Hot Pursuit 2? after NFS most wanted? after Rivals - they take TWO years to deliver......this???

I remember reading the previews and I remember groaning when I read that the game will be "nocturnal only" - IE - we are taking drastic shortcuts to hide frame rate drops and other fixable flaws. Sure enough - I was right - BORING SNOOZER of a game - Ive played this game since its release and have no desire to play for more than a race or two - I have since gone back to Forza Horizon 2 where you can race a manual transmission with an interior view on a beautiful sunny day. Ironic considering THAT scenario is what the original games soul is all about - not this underground racing neon retread. The person who decided that a racing game should be online 100% so you cannot pause a game should be fired. Same goes for the genius who said - hey - lets make this game nighttime only. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!
  13. Nov 22, 2015
    I suggest that anyone scoring this more than 6 either doesn't engage in the game completely, does not possess a competitive edge or worse still, has some alternative investment for doing so.
    My first review, after a few days, looks generous; but now, almost 3 weeks on and perhaps a little over 200 hours play [shared between xbox and ps4], I'm struggling to rate it any higher than 4/10
    So
    So lets get the source of these 4 points out of the way:
    It has a very acceptable choice of cars, modifications and handling dynamics [1point.] There is a good variety of events, from easy to very challenging, and in the main they are enjoyable [1 point] The vinyl editor is fiddly and limited but with patience plus creativity, you can just about achieve anything [1 point] There is the environment, themed as it is, a bit on the gloomy side, but large enough, varied enough and interesting enough [1 point]
    Now, the pointless;
    I will start with the glaringly obvious statement of 'This is a racing game' and, as the game and franchise reminds us, there is a 'Need For Speed.' For the casual player this is perhaps not an issue but for those of us who vigorously compete against all-comers, it is vital that the Speedwalls give us the information required and are geared up for competitive racing. This means event completion times need to, and must, go beyond minutes & seconds, we simply must have tenths & hundredths of seconds, maybe even thousandths. This level of accuracy is vital, these fractions are the difference between being first and being the first loser; the rivalry that exists in online racing is intense. The speedwall should also be available automatically & immediately after an event ends without having to wait around 10 seconds for the cinematic to return you to 'free-roam' and without having to perform 3 actions to view the updated information. The first thing a racer wants to know once they hit that finish line is 'how did I do & how does that affect my position' Perhaps every Speedwall should be 'topped' with the 'World Record' for that event?

I get so annoyed that games are released with so many flaws, bugs and glitches. When a blockbuster Movie is released it is finished and polished, it is the definitive article; not so with games it appears, and certainly not the last 2 instalments of 'Need For Speed'. If one player can find so many flaws in 2 weeks of playing you must ask yourself “how come the production teams never spotted them?” or did they? And if they did, why aren't they fixed before release? The lure of the Lira?, the must be out in time for Christmas sales? Or worst still, a two-fingers up to the customers and an acceptance of this is as good as it gets .. warts an all.
    We have 'route-tracks' to lead us through the events but many are very poorly placed, follow them at your peril. There are checkpoints in absurd places, some of which, if you drive a 'racing-line' you will miss completely and effectively your race is over. There are 'invisible hazards on race tracks that either stop you dead, make you crash or launch you like a missile into the air. The starts to events are awful, as you come out of the cinematic, you can be face to face with a truck or even facing in the wrong direction. The 'multiplayer' [again, just like in Rivals] is totally impractical and can only be achieved with careful planning and an absurd routine. It's sad that games such as GTA V can handle all of these issues flawlessly and yet, a much more dedicated racing franchise fails miserable on all points.
    A car racing game with no steering-wheel support, no manual gears and unbelievably, no car horn [which was about the only one sure way to attract the attention of your fellow lobby players]
    Off course I'm nit-picking, I paid plenty of money for an over-hyped average game with AI cars that attack you on every turn, trucks with 5-watt tail lights that are set like traps for you to impact into at 370km/h and cars suddenly spawning right in front of you as you hurtle down the freeway or canyon winds. 'Collectibles' that are lame, tame and pointless [literally], sweeping blue-light flashes that constantly blind you as you approach that right-hander at great speed [where one of them trucks will be waiting] off course this is all more noticeable once you have passed the cinematic story and the constant phone calls and messages and have entered the realm of racing against your peers.

How about a little more customisation on all cars, some offer very little indeed. In the vinyl editor, give us some manufacturers decals and badges, a few different fonts and a more precise control over placement. Those garages! Why cant we drive through them and have our damaged cars made good, like we did in Most Wanted or Rivals. Why is there no 'photo-mode', we love taking photos of our custom rides.

Finally, I ask myself this question “ are the developers, producers, EA Games, Ghost Games, all happy with the work they have done on this game. Are
  14. Dec 25, 2015
    It shocks me how anyone on earth could give this game anything more than a 1 or 2 out of 10. This game is a super disappointment. Let me go over the good and bad of this 'game':

Pros -good graphics Cons - Live-action cutscenes every four seconds that are un-skippable, and easily has the worst acting I've ever seen - Annoying phone calls from quest givers that ring off the hook

Pros
    -good graphics

Cons
    - Annoying phone calls from quest givers that ring off the hook constantly
    - almost no traffic on the streets or weather changes
    - The A.I gets a 3-mile head start of you for every race (no idea why)
    - Cops only go after YOU during races (meaning the A.I can easily win the race with no one chasing them)
    - Must be online to play (even though NO ONE interacts with each other online)
    - Controls that are horrible and cannot be remapped
    - Controller sensitivity cannot be remapped
    - cannot change camera angles (THIS IS A SIN FOR A RACING GAME)

Wow...Can you even call this a game? For $60?? It's like everything EA does these days turns to feces. Way to ruin one of my favorite racing franchises of all time. I think for me this is the straw that breaks the camels back. NEVER buying another EA related game in my life
  15. Nov 7, 2015
    STICK WITH HORIZON 2!!
    STICK WITH HORIZON 2!!
    Always online ruined this game for me, took it back the next day. Can't pause, can't restart race, and got bullied by other douche bag racers multiple times. As a big nfs underground fan, i was hoping for a similar type of game,with exploration, and a fun experience, that was just not the case.. The need for speed franchise is dead to me unless they truly ever go back to the roots like they promised. this game was just un-fun and annoying
  16. Nov 24, 2015
    Disgusting game. Permanent online. What happen after a few years, when all servers down? What we must do? I buy, to play game EVERYTIME. EVERYWHERE. What i must do when i dont have the internet?
    Where is sunny days? Where is dry weather? Where is another police car? AI? What'a hell is going on with AI? Сops is incredibly stupid. No. This game is not game of 2015. This game of 2000 or something. I love Need for Speed 1994-2006. And i hate EA from 2006 until now. And Ghost Games. You not game developers. You hate games. Money is your main thing.
  17. Jan 16, 2016
    EA...please dismiss ghost studio and let the Criterion handle the NFS...
    - always online
    - stupid tutorial (please read 200 words while you are 200mph)
    - harassment call, annoying af
    - rubber band AI
  18. Nov 5, 2015
    Well, its not as bad as THPS 5..

Well, its not as bad as THPS 5..

That being said, its not very good either. While i do like upgrading my cars piece by piece and the structure of the world itself is fairly nice thats about where the positive things end. Everything else about this game is either half-assed or terrible. Now i know ghost is NOT criterion, but you would think ea would make sure work was over a certain bar that i feel this game totally missed.

So onto the reasons i hate this game (and im not even one of the people who minds it being always online!):

1. The entire game is at night. Do you know what that means? Tired/bored players. I have seen it happen time and time again in various games in various genres, you simply cant play the game too long because it makes you groggy because of the darkness.

2. Gymkahna.. this filth does NOT belong in a need for speed game, or atleast not as events you HAVE to pass to unlock new parts. For one thing when you see it on youtube its obvious they have a closed course and the videos are shot in several takes, in NFS you have other cars in the "race" screwing up everything you do! On top of that aside from drifting theres no real clear explanation of what EXACTLY you are getting points for ("style".. could you be any more ambiguous?) and most of all this is NOT racing! Maybe in some other game it would make sense (DIRT showdown comes to mind), but not here!

3. Intermittent dropped frames. Even though the game is only at 900p theres are constant frame drops in high poly places, kind of like the texture cache is buffering. kotaku caught it in their review of the game and while it IS apparently an xbox one only issue its one that TOTALLY should have been fixed in testing. Few things in the world are worse than getting sudden spastic frame rates as you are drifting around a corner in traffic.

4. Awful textures, lighting, and fog. I dont know why it had to look so bad, some spots look good, and then others you would swear you were streaming the game to a smart phone. Again, this may very well be an xbox only issue, but it really does destroy immersion. It wasnt bad enough that they put the entire game at night to hide the flaws, but they cant even keep the game looking good because of it!

5. The soundtrack. While not a huge deal i usually have enjoyed the franchises soundtracks, this one however theres maybe 4 songs i found tolerable. The rest were essentially insulting to have to listen to (it was nice to atleast see a roni size remix in the game though).

6. The load screens/times.. I guess its kind of a necessary evil, but you go to do anything and you sit through a load screen. Like i leave the garage, load screen, in world, open map, teleport to race location, load screen, at race location, start race, load screen, stupid cut scene, race. To make matters worse alot of the races require you to re-tune your car.. so back to the garage to repeat the entire process all over again.

7. The plot.. a bunch of wankers doing inane stuff. I have to answer my phone so these knob jockeys can add new locations to the map for me to race at, then i have to go to "hideouts" to meet up with them and listen to their drivel, and i dont care in the least about any of them. I guess there HAD to be some degree of plot, but i feel most wanted 2012 got the plot to gameplay ratio right. This is just way too much of something i dont care about at all.

8. Voice chat disabled by default. I dont know why this is seeming to be the norm anymore, but you race in silence unless you turn it on (and most people dont know they have to go into the multiplayer settings to do that), im level 35 or something and have never heard another person speak in-game.

9. Rubberbanding AI. Nomatter how hard you push it, nomatter how flawless your run, if you mess up in the last 1/10 mile of the race you will lose. You just cant get any kind of lead on the AI that is meaningful. Granted this is really only a problem in actual races (not time trials or drift attacks) but i mean.. it IS A feckin' racing game!

10. Lack of variety. Possibly partly due to the game all taking place at night, but the vast majority of the game all feels the same. Yea the zones may have different names, but aside from the 1 where it is dawn (thus the sky is slightly lighter) every corner looks like every other corner, all the stretches of highway look the same, and all the exit ramps are just the same thing. Its the epitome of bad game design. The ONLy place where theres real diversity is when it comes to hitting things, some times telephone poles fly out of the ground, others you explode in a ball of fire.. and that goes for cars, guard rails, anything really.

If it wasnt a need for speed game it would be acceptable (particularly as a new midnight club game..) but this franchise is supposed to set the standard, and the standard on this one is garbage. This should be a wake-up call for EA! forza horizon 2 is a MUCH more enjoyable experience.
  19. Nov 17, 2015
    after 17 hours played this game is garbage. Cars handling is really bad. The graphics also **** You have to be connected to LIVE to be able to play.And as always EA savers are **** This game no more than 3.
  20. Jul 23, 2017
    This is actually my first Need for Speed game. I got it for the story, racing, and cop chases. I enjoyed the racing a lot, though it is realistic graphics wise, the racing is in the middle of the realistic scale. The story was awkward and didn't feel like a story. The cop chases are very easy to escape from the cops, but actually is still very fun.
  21. Jul 13, 2018
    Not as good as the prievious Need for speed games. For a reboot this is not a bad game. Its not a good game either and underneath this mess of a reboot nfs core gameplay is there. However previous nfs veterans will notice quirks with the handling / placement of obstacles that kill gameplay; even bits ripped directly from other nfs games that dont fit in with this reboot. Unlike the olderNot as good as the prievious Need for speed games. For a reboot this is not a bad game. Its not a good game either and underneath this mess of a reboot nfs core gameplay is there. However previous nfs veterans will notice quirks with the handling / placement of obstacles that kill gameplay; even bits ripped directly from other nfs games that dont fit in with this reboot. Unlike the older need for speed games, this one lacks creativity and originality, lots of nfs core components are missing.

As for the graphics, they look brilliant at first glance. Car custimation and skin unlocks are included. For custom cars, skins and more get an old laptop and install nfs underground. Customisation is heavally sensored on this reboot.
    Yet there is more, when you look closer at this reboot you will notice tings like bloom being overused, plus the fade to colour from bloom and other effects like streetlights, glare and other effects dosnt seam match up. The fmv clips that are ment to create storylines also dosnt work for this instance of nfs. I am only scratching the surface on mistakes made on visuals.....

One of the reasons why people liked the previous nfs games was the music and sound effects. Not sure what has happened with this reboot but the song selection is the worst in the series. Even some of the sound effects dont match up and feels a bit like a 80s out of sync soundstage from Japan, who may have done a better job at the films and sound if given the chance.

Avoid this, get an old laptop, tablet, or even a desktop pc and play one of the old Need for Speed games.
    The reboot is a polished turd thats oversensored. Voice chat isnt used by anyone. Nobody chats at all, getting players to do races is a problem, bots will always accept races though. Though Its like all the players are robots, strange indeed? You may also notice race challenges from invisable players also.
    Someone at EA keeps making mistakes though because at one point there was a nfs online that worked on a brouser web page that was shockingly better than this reboot.
  22. Oct 19, 2018
    wow it´s hard to believe how terrible this game actually is. imagine somebody actually thought this was a good idea? yeah lt them be always online even if they wanna play offline. yeah great idea. and how about not beeing able to pause the game even in offline mode so it feels just like beeing online what people obviously want when they choose to play single player. and how about puttingwow it´s hard to believe how terrible this game actually is. imagine somebody actually thought this was a good idea? yeah lt them be always online even if they wanna play offline. yeah great idea. and how about not beeing able to pause the game even in offline mode so it feels just like beeing online what people obviously want when they choose to play single player. and how about putting an ugly grain filter over everything people love a grainy image. and wouldn´t it be a great idea to hire the worst actors we can find and make them put on some redicoulous soap opera style overacting. on top of that let´s plaster everything with with hashtags yeah that´s so cool these days.
    everything about this game is unappealing and uninviting the world it creats is ugly and cheap and everything seems like it was cooked up in a board meeting vy executives of whom none had actually ever played a game. to be honest i played this pile of rubbish for about ten minutes in which i sat through the awful acting. i couldn´t even finish the first race i finished first and then the others parked there and nothing happened then a timer came up and the race restartet and the same happened again. i paid 5 dollars for this stinking pile of manure on ebay because i heard how terrible it was and wanted to check it for myself. but even that was way too much. just imagine paying full prive for this **** festival. this game is hust a very bad joke
  23. Sep 26, 2019
    Отвратительная игра, в которой плохо все: от графики и управления, заканчивая целями и заданиями. Очень жалко потраченных денег и времени!
  24. Mar 10, 2020
    [ ] Perfect
    [ ] Awesome
    [ ] Good
    [x] Good Bad
    [ ] Fail

Não vejo necessidade em escrever um longo texto analisando sobre uma arte, a nota é apenas um conselho para saber o quanto ela vale para sua vida.

I see no need to write a long text analyzing an art, the note is just a piece of advice to know how much it is worth in your life.
  25. Mar 15, 2021
    WASTE OF TIME. The directional arrows on the road are sooooo stupid. Many times I didn't see the directional arrows on the road (coz they suck) and went in a wrong road, many competitor racers followed me coz they didn't see those stupid arrows too! LITERALLY NO STORY! NO OFFLINE MODE. STUPID TYPICAL EA GAME.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 3, 2016
    Despite cringe-worthy storylines and curious decisions to require a constant internet connection, Need For Speed succeeds for several reasons. Most importantly, the racing is a blast. A wide variety of styles are available, and the ability to quickly adapt and win makes the adventure more than worthwhile. It’s beside the point that Need For Speed doesn’t compare with big-time simulation racers like Forza or Gran Turismo; instead of chasing half-second improvements based on real-world tracks, Need For Speed celebrates driving like a maniac in a big world with no reality to concern yourself with.
  2. Jan 8, 2016
    Long story short, Forza’s customization is more professional but harder to use, while Need For Speed’s customization lacks in areas and it more suitable for people with less knowledge on cars.
  3. Dec 19, 2015
    A good reboot for the series, with some very nice ideas but with a bit too many technical issues. It looks more like an unfinished job, something that could have used some more development time.