7.6

1. Nov 3, 2015
    WELCOME BACK ! KING OF RACING GAMES !!
    Ghosts game made it ! great graphics and control.
    The arcade gameplay is very, very fun.
    I am grateful that they have returned to their origins and bring a good car game
  2. Nov 7, 2015
    Need for Speed
    The Resurrection and Rebirth or Arcade Racing
    Need for Speed is the reboot of this arcade racer that has been around since 1994. I’ve enjoyed all of the modern need for speeds games, even the cinematic style The Run, but none of them really made my heart sing like Underground 2 did. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that This Need For Speed reboot pulled me back in
    Need for Speed
    The Resurrection and Rebirth or Arcade Racing
    I was pleasantly surprised to find out that This Need For Speed reboot pulled me back in again in the way that ps2 era classic did.
    The feel of this game is underground from the moment it starts.
    Like Underground 2, this game takes place in one giant city at night.
    You’re pulled into the underground scene by all of your hashtag hipster friends that say all of your favorite cringe worthy vocabulary that the kids are using today like bae and hand out tons of brofists like they’ve spent too much time watching pewdiepie instead of me.. which hurts my feelings a little bit, but whatever.
    Like in Underground 2, there are different style races and challenged spread out around the map that you can freely play in any order you choose. You have the choice to either drive to them or teleport to them which is a huge time saver.
    The challenges for the most part consist of time trials, racing, and drifting.
    There aren’t all too many circuit races which is kind of a bummer, but I’m torn, this is a street racing game, the races feel like street races more so than they did 9 years ago… but oddly enough I preferred the set tracks with invisible walls and actually miss that more arcardey style of racing..
    Need for Speed does do a great job with lighting up the road though to help you stay on track which is great and should honestly be implemented into all open world games… it was nice looking at the world more than staring at a map the for once.
    One race style that I’m a little sad to see missing is Drag Racing.. I’ve never been good with manual racing in games.. but they got my heart pumping more than any racing challenge has in the past… but I was horrible at them, so hated them just as much as I loved them.
    It would’ve been nice to see them return, but in this world I’m kind of glad they didn’t…
    I’m sad to say that the open world in need for speed is pretty bland…
    I couldn’t tell once section of the map from the other..
    Unlike in underground 2 where unlocking a new section felt like going into an entirely new map, everything is unlocked from the beginning here and it all looks and feels the same.
    No variety which means no urge to explore.
    There are cops running around that seem to never be there when you want to do an outlaw mission, but they are there for you to mess with, or they’ll occasionally interrupt your street racing..
    You can mess with them to build up your fine then escape if you can for a reward or just pull over and pay the small fine you start out with.
    The cops are very reasonable in this game, not too aggressive or over powered.
    Customization is back with much more freedom with decals and paint, but the variety of body and tire options are nowhere near the golden days of need for speed.
    Car Variety is also pretty iffy, and you can purchase the best car in the game about 6 hours in of this 12hour campaign.
    The story and cut scenes actually had me wanting more and I was surprised how well the live action scenes actually blended with the game.
    While this game isn’t on the level on Underground 2, they are definitely on the right track
    I loved my time with Need for Speed, but I have to say that I am mostly disappointed in the fact that this game is always online..
    7 other players can join your world at any time, you can set your privacy to invite only if you choose, and you can challenge these friends to races like you could with the ai drivers in underground 2
    But even if you won’t want to play with other people, you have to connect to a server for the game to even start.. and honestly I was the only person challenging other people, and only because I felt obligated to as a reviewer… It’s nice to see my friend’s high scores, and kind of cool to try and take on daily challenges, but this all could’ve been done without forcing an online connection…
    I also had problems logging in with my sub account on PlayStation 4 thanks to this always online game forcing you to have an origin account to do anything, so prepare to do some hoop jumping if you’re buying this game for your family.
    For what it is

Arcade Racer: 8.0/10
    Overall:
    8.0/10
  3. Apr 26, 2016
    All done right with enough space to improve. Obviously there was a lot of spending on the 'story', still it never felt like a story at all. Not talking about RPG like story, but something like in NFS Underground 2 or at least the original Most Wanted. However, those cutscenes and stuff is just good for the overall feeling. It's just pure arcade-fun. Police is a bit too decent and I wouldAll done right with enough space to improve. Obviously there was a lot of spending on the 'story', still it never felt like a story at all. Not talking about RPG like story, but something like in NFS Underground 2 or at least the original Most Wanted. However, those cutscenes and stuff is just good for the overall feeling. It's just pure arcade-fun. Police is a bit too decent and I would have loved some more neonlights with the tuning :) It happened to me twice that I had to stop playing due to issues with the internet, that sucks. So please change this always online. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2015
    This gane absolutely does NOT deserve the terrible reviews it's getting. I feel like maybe a couple people gave it bad ratings and the rest just followed suit. As a Need for Speed player since its birth, I know the game franchise inside and out. I've been through their ups and downs and multiple variations of the game.

First of all, what people are complaining about is what Need for

First of all, what people are complaining about is what Need for Speed has ALWAYS HAD!!!!!!

1. Rubber Band AI...um, I can't think of a need for speed without this one lol I think it makes the game fun. Why does everyone all of a sudden have a problem with this? I'll tell you why..Because One persone said it so now everyones on the bandwagon.

2. Sound track.. completely objective. I don't think it's bad at all.

3. Always at night... Does anyone remember Carbon? I do.. great game.

4. Arcade driving. This one blows my mind.. OF COURSE ITS ARCADE DRIVING YOU FOOLS!!! ITS NEED FOR SPEED. If you want realistic check out forza or its variation horizon. This is a game about arcade fun driving.

5. Other random complaints about drifting in the game? really? Underground, Carbon.. etc..

6. Cheesy Story.. Because NFS always had a great story lol I was like 10 years old and could still see through the cheesiness at times. They've always been cheesy!! give me a break people.

Now for what I think is actually wrong.

1. The game sometimes has a frame rate drop. I don't know if it has to do with the graphics or always being online, but it's an issue I'd really like fixed.

2. Always online is kind of annoying. I really loved how Burnout Paradise did it. You could choose to be offline or online. People seem to be moving away from always online games and that makes me happy.

3. Lack of police is a bummer. It takes a while to find the cops. When you do however, the chases can be exhilarating.

4. The city does in fact need a little more character. I do agree with people on this. So far, my favorite open world has been Most Wanted. Maybe it was the day time, maybe it was the actual city I don't know. I just loved the feel of that game. I would have really liked them to incorporate daytime into the game but it's not a killer in my opinion.

The good..

Awesome driving, fun cop chases, great audio effects, great graphics overall. This game is a Solid 8 and definitely a fun experience if you are an arcade racing fan.

Side note: I have yet to play with buddies online, I'll update this after I do.
  5. Nov 9, 2015
    I've read the other users reviews and think that most of them misjudge this game by comparing it to the old NFS's(HP,U,U2,MW,etc.) and depreciate it's value based on their past experience with the old ones.
    It is likely to judge ,,biased'' on past experience as some games cached us at an early age, an age when a few variety of good games to play existed, the online component of that games was at it's begging and the amount of players that went online at that time almost knew each other.The good ol' games how we say now, had a emotional impact on our person that in the present doesn't apply anymore, due to the multiple choices in playing titles, little time(the ones that have a job, fend for themselves and have a good gaming background so they can comment on a game with knowledge).I don't think that all opinions are wrong, some of them are pretty valid(obvious rubber banding, online justification and lack of customization), but from that to:
    - ,,the game is terrible and I shall grade it with 0 points cus' it let down me and my entire race ''
    - ,, ha-ha that will teach them to impose their thinking upon me ''
    I think it's a long/wrong way and it's mostly due to saturation troll-age.
    To make a long story short, for me it's a very good game, surprised on some levels with all that's brought to the pot and almost everybody missed in their comments, about the -car culture- throwing in there Ken Block(huge fan of his Gymkhanas), and Magnus Walker which any Porsche fan and petrol-head should know. Also that car list man, could've chosen it better , it's like all the cars I love and mean something for a car enthusiast are there.The game has a lot of good points, it's very in the present kinda game, does not make you a : ,, eat lead , drink gasoline and spit fiery bullets kinda hero'' which we are used with lately on mmorpg/online shooters. I's a racing game developed around car culture environment with pretty palpable and down to earth characters which have fast cars and like to race them for a hobby. I'm sure that in time they will fix up the weak points, because that happens in an online game.
  6. Nov 14, 2016
    Ghost games did impressive with the game. The visuals look almost realistic with the car models, cop chases are more reasonable, and customization is back in a big way. However there are minor fps drops which are really not as impactful and the game is indeed online but there is not much issues.

The game uses FMV (Full Motion Video) for the Cutscenes even though they are corny but they were never meant to be serious. You can sometimes understand what there intentions are. The FMV Cutscenes are also meant to be for mission expansion.

A.I. rubber banding is indeed involved with the game. The A.I. cars meant to keep up at your speed so if you want to play with a crappy Volvo, you may possibly win a race.

Missions are straight forward. Sprints, Circuits, Time Trials, Drift Trials, Drift Races, Gymkhanas.

The game is online and I am somewhat disappointed since sometimes my internet just can't handle it.

Eddie is in the game as well and you can earn his car for free if you beat him. Manual transmission is back and even though I dont use it, I'm pretty sure would love to use it.

Customization is outstanding. You can customize the front bumpers, back bumpers, body kits, side skirts, rims, tire treads, exhaust tips, bonnet hoods, splitters, trunk lids, diffusers, front fenders, back fenders, headlights, backlights, window tint, color, vinyls, preset wraps, and soon to come "neon lights".
    Customization is the most realistic kind, only with aftermarket brands. Some cars have lots of customization, some have little, and a little have not at all. There are 53 cars in the game but the objective of the cars is perfecting not collecting. The cars also are built inside the game. Your customized car can be in the cutscene.

The career is split into 5 ways to play. Speed, Style, Build, Crew, Outlaw. The main elements in Need For Speed. With real life icons and actors who look up to these people.

Police chases are not as aggressive as what was in NFS Rivals but more fairer, less buggy and more playable. Roadblocks, spike strips, and the actual cruisers feel more realistic and fun. Some roadblock slow you down but you still pass them, while roadblocks made with cement blocks and rhino units are impossible to pass unless you find an extra road. The pursuit levels come into 5 levels. You can simply pay a fine and get the pursuit over with but that's not as fun. You need to pester them enough in order to get on with the pursuit. While starting in a pursuit, you are chased by 1 cop, but overtime you will be chased by a few more. The largest amount I've seen was 7 and trust me cops aren't as easy to get ride of at a decently customized ride. Unlike other games where is easy to destroy some low level cars, trying to do that is almost impossible. Just don't try to take 'em out you may get busted.

Pros:
    Surreal Graphics
    Awesome racing
    Simple story line
    Easy to learn hard to master
    The ultimate return
    Amazing sounds

Cons:
    Internet Problems
  7. Jan 4, 2016
    Great graphics. Tune your car to perform to how you race! The menu, however is clunky when it comes to adding your own Crew members. Ghost and EA somehow determined that you'd rather race with computer controlled racers or random folks rather than your own friends. That decision makes absolutely no sense to me. The live acting cut scenes are so cheesy, but i like that approach. TheGreat graphics. Tune your car to perform to how you race! The menu, however is clunky when it comes to adding your own Crew members. Ghost and EA somehow determined that you'd rather race with computer controlled racers or random folks rather than your own friends. That decision makes absolutely no sense to me. The live acting cut scenes are so cheesy, but i like that approach. The constant barrage of phone calls when in the middle of a race is quite annoying. The last complaint would be the rubber band AI. You could have all racers way behind and then all off a sudden, ZOOM they all pass you up from out of no where. Fist bumps, rubber banding and cheese aside, this game is great. Great selection of cars and customization/tuning allow for hours of racing fun. Once you get your Drift car and Grip Car tuned to your liking, it's hard to put the controller down. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  8. Dec 21, 2015
    Always have been a fan of the NFS series since NFS: Hot Pursuit 2. This one has a great "classic arcade racer" feel to it. Great car selection, beautiful graphics, easy to get into hard to put down but that's when your actually racing. My gripes are that the music playlist is bad, I turned it off immediately but that's coming from someone who does not care for hip-hop or dubstep. Also theAlways have been a fan of the NFS series since NFS: Hot Pursuit 2. This one has a great "classic arcade racer" feel to it. Great car selection, beautiful graphics, easy to get into hard to put down but that's when your actually racing. My gripes are that the music playlist is bad, I turned it off immediately but that's coming from someone who does not care for hip-hop or dubstep. Also the "story" is not all that interesting...like a bad wannabe Fast and Furious. I didn't like ANY of the characters, one in particular I think his name was Spike. I wanted to gouge my eyes out when he would show up. Anyway, good game def worth picking up. You will waste some hours racing or in the garage fine tuning your car to your personal preference. Expand
  9. May 7, 2018
    After 168 hours into the game, I can certainly say, this is the best arcade racing game I have ever played. It has **** of customization, great soundtrack, and is indeed visually stunning. NEED FOR SPEED (2015) brings something new to the table: Atmosphere. Thing, that NFS game have been lacking for a long time. The grim dark Ventura Bay city is just a perfect setting for a game aboutAfter 168 hours into the game, I can certainly say, this is the best arcade racing game I have ever played. It has **** of customization, great soundtrack, and is indeed visually stunning. NEED FOR SPEED (2015) brings something new to the table: Atmosphere. Thing, that NFS game have been lacking for a long time. The grim dark Ventura Bay city is just a perfect setting for a game about street racing. And is also breathtaking, with lot of things to explore. Various URBEX spots, Vistas and much more! The story contains real people/racers (Ken Block, Magnus Walker, Akira Nakai), which pulls you into the story, as you conquer the local streets. It features one of the best paint editors I've seen in a long time in a videogame. There are three things to adress: Handling of the cars, which is clumsy at times, but overall fine, Cheesy cutscenes, which do not personally bother me, but I can see why it makes some people angry and the weird brutal rubber banding system. But still, i will rate this game a 10, EA fixed everything the community asked for. People asked for Manual? Boom it is here! Drag races? Boom! And a lot of FREE DLC's made me love this game. So if you ever happen to find yourself in Ventura Bay, drive towards the corner between Harbor View and Apollo heights, you will witness the most picturesque vista I've ever seen in any videogame whatsoever. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2019
    мне игра понравилось есть один недостаток физика но играть можно

Mixed or average reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 3, 2016
    Despite cringe-worthy storylines and curious decisions to require a constant internet connection, Need For Speed succeeds for several reasons. Most importantly, the racing is a blast. A wide variety of styles are available, and the ability to quickly adapt and win makes the adventure more than worthwhile. It’s beside the point that Need For Speed doesn’t compare with big-time simulation racers like Forza or Gran Turismo; instead of chasing half-second improvements based on real-world tracks, Need For Speed celebrates driving like a maniac in a big world with no reality to concern yourself with.
  2. Jan 8, 2016
    Long story short, Forza’s customization is more professional but harder to use, while Need For Speed’s customization lacks in areas and it more suitable for people with less knowledge on cars.
  3. Dec 19, 2015
    A good reboot for the series, with some very nice ideas but with a bit too many technical issues. It looks more like an unfinished job, something that could have used some more development time.