9.1

1. Jul 2, 2020
    Nier: Automata kept me hooked throughout its duration, but on reflection I kept playing waiting for something that never came. Although it touches on a number of philosophical themes and has a decent story, it's not as deep and it's nowhere near as mind-blowing as people make it out to be. There is an interesting narrative here, and there are emotional moments, but for some reason I wasNier: Automata kept me hooked throughout its duration, but on reflection I kept playing waiting for something that never came. Although it touches on a number of philosophical themes and has a decent story, it's not as deep and it's nowhere near as mind-blowing as people make it out to be. There is an interesting narrative here, and there are emotional moments, but for some reason I was expecting more, perhaps because of the near universal praise it gets.

On the other hand, I loved the soundtrack - it's amazing, and fits the game perfectly. It really adds to the atmosphere which is already great due to the design of the abandoned city and other parts of the deserted Earth.

The gameplay is pretty varied and changes between a few styles that are all quite fun. The hack and slash did wear a bit thin for me but there's enough customisation for you to keep it feeling fresh if you put the effort in.

Overall, it is a beautiful game, and after getting the 5 main endings I can say it's worth playing. It's a creative and different title. I did like Nier in the end, but I just wish it had story beats I could have truly been surprised by and been in awe of.
  2. Jan 17, 2021
    A lot of potentials and a lot of lost/wasted potentials too. On my 1st run, I really couldn't lay my controller down, I was really fascinated by the story and the characters. I'm at my 2nd run as I'm wiring this review, there just slight differences, it just feels like pain and struggle, the motivation and fascination fall almost down to zero! My good advice: Just leave it by 1 run andA lot of potentials and a lot of lost/wasted potentials too. On my 1st run, I really couldn't lay my controller down, I was really fascinated by the story and the characters. I'm at my 2nd run as I'm wiring this review, there just slight differences, it just feels like pain and struggle, the motivation and fascination fall almost down to zero! My good advice: Just leave it by 1 run and watch the other endings on YouTube. Side quests are boring and not really worth it. I hope that the next Nier game has some improvements. Expand
  3. May 18, 2020
    I just cannot accept a game without a save point for an hour into the game, forcing you to first replay the idiotic badly written initial story, and then play defensively (button mashing fire auto-locked on enemies) to preserve your lives until the first save point. Most people trying this through game pass will never get past this point.
    The camera view angle changes are gimmicky and
    The camera view angle changes are gimmicky and force you to some atrocious top down battles. Xbox One X is underused, with bad textures, bad colour palette (black character against brown enemies on brown flour in the top down is almost impossible to see).
    A for originality, D for everything else.
  4. Jan 25, 2022
    Overhyped game.
    Music and B2 are great.
    Everything else is average or low scale.
    Story just OK.
    Keyif = 6
    Atmosfer = 7
    Süre = 6
  6. Apr 30, 2020
    If the entire game would be anything like its first hour it would be a 10 from me. Unfortunately its not. Its an empty open-world with countless sidequests and grindy character progression, mixed in with a minimal amount of really great combat sequences with terrific camera work.
  7. Apr 10, 2020
    Correcto sin alardes.

Al comienzo promete pero luego me ha ido pareciendo bastante aburrido.

Le he dedicado unas 4 horas y han sido más que suficientes para eliminarlo de la consola.
  8. Apr 18, 2021
    I like the way the gameplay switches instantly from side scroller, to 3d hack n slash, to bullet hell shooter, etc. And the story is interesting, but... you have to play through the first half of the game twice before it lets you go to the 2nd half. A-hole design #1. Then for the 2nd half all the enemies are scaled as if you did all the side quests on BOTH playthroughs of the 1st half.I like the way the gameplay switches instantly from side scroller, to 3d hack n slash, to bullet hell shooter, etc. And the story is interesting, but... you have to play through the first half of the game twice before it lets you go to the 2nd half. A-hole design #1. Then for the 2nd half all the enemies are scaled as if you did all the side quests on BOTH playthroughs of the 1st half. A-hole design #2. I had already seen the first half so there was no reason for me to do the side quests again, then suddenly in the 2nd half I'm getting 1 shot by everything Expand
  9. Aug 23, 2020
    Lamentablemente este juego sufre de una dificultad muy inconsistente y termina arruinando la experiencia para mí. Primero no se puede guardar en el prólogo lo cuál en normal se lo puede lograr con un poco de persistencia (pero da una mala premonoción de lo que está por venir). Después el juego se hace muy fácil y las opciones para experimentar con el arsenal de armas pierden el sentido porLamentablemente este juego sufre de una dificultad muy inconsistente y termina arruinando la experiencia para mí. Primero no se puede guardar en el prólogo lo cuál en normal se lo puede lograr con un poco de persistencia (pero da una mala premonoción de lo que está por venir). Después el juego se hace muy fácil y las opciones para experimentar con el arsenal de armas pierden el sentido por la facilidad que presenta el juego. Finalmente lo que arruinó la experiencia a mi parecer es la recta final y el boss final. Una de las razones por las que el juego es sencillo es porque simplemente se puede comprar items de curación en cualquier momento y en cualquier cantidad. Pero para mi desagradable sorpresa al final la dificultad se eleva a niveles ridículos debido a este factor. El juego simplemente decide impedirte comprar más items de curación. Y me pregunto porqué? El juego es ridículamente fácil y de repente es modo locura o dios. Me sorprende bastante porque algún jugador debería haber encontrado este problema en la etapa de testing. Mi recomendación sería jugarlo en fácil pero me decepcionó este problema porque el juego es muy bueno. Expand
  10. Jul 5, 2020
    It looks and feels like an indie, everything is very basic and there is nothing special about the story.
  11. Mar 16, 2022
    I would like to start with some FAQs:
    1) How to save? -> After the tutorial, you can manually save almost all over the world, as long as the area is safe. For that you just have to unlock the checkpoints.
    I would like to start with some FAQs:
    2) Is there fasttravel? -> A fasttravel system is available after a few hours of gameplay. You can then travel back and forth between the unlocked checkpoints. But before that you have to walk everything.

+ The maps/worlds are beautiful and varied - no matter if industrial, desert or forest area. At the beginning the world is quite big, but after the 1st walkthrough I have to say that it could have been a bit more.
    + The story is good.
    + A lot of action - sometimes as a 2D twin-stick shooter, most of it in nice 3D graphics.
    + Cool bosses
    +/- The 2nd walkthrough I can only conditionally recommend. The 3rd walkthrough is then really annoying. The enemies are 10-20 levels higher and you can't buy any items at the beginning. Without health boost it became so annoying that I quit the game. Big minus.
    - The "tutorial" (a kind of introductory map) really ticked me off. It goes about 1h and if you die at the end, you have to start all over again. You can't save in the tutorial either. And the stupidest thing is that in the tutorial is not shown how to use the health items manually.

__

Ich möchte mit einigen FAQs beginnen:
    1) Wie kann man speichern? -> Nach dem Tutorial kann man fast in der ganzen Welt manuell speichern, sofern das Gebiet sicher ist. Dafür müsst ihr einfach die Checkpoints freischalten.
    2) Gib es Fasttravel? -> Ein Fasttravel-System gibt es nach ein paar Stunden Gameplay. Ihr könnt dann zwischen den freigeschalteten Checkpoints hin und herreisen. Vorher müsst ihr aber alles zu Fuss gehen.

+ Die Maps/Welten sind schön und abwechslungsreich - egal ob Industrie-, Wüsten-, oder Wald-Gebiet. Zu Beginn wirk die Welt ziemlich gross, aber nach dem 1. Walkthrough muss ich sagen, dass es noch etwas mehr hätte sein dürfen.
    + Die Story ist gut.
    + Viel Action - mal als 2D Twin-Stick-Shooter, der grösste Teil in hübscher 3D-Grafik.
    + Coole Bosse
    +/- Der 2. Walkthrough kann ich nur bedingt empfehlen. Es werden einige Aspekte der Geschichte von einer anderen Seite her beleuchtet, und mit dem Charakter 9S hat man etwas andere Kampfmöglichkeiten, aber unter dem Strich lohnen sich die zusätzlichen und sehr ähnlichen 10h nur bedingt. Der 3. Walkthrough ist dann richtig nervig. Die gegner sind 10 - 20 Level höher und man kann zu Beginn keine Items mehr kaufen. Ohne Health-Boost wurde es so annoying, dass ich das Spiel abgebrochen habe. Grosses Minus.
    - Das "Tutorial" (eine Art Einführungsmap) hat mich richtig angekackt. Es geht ca. 1h und wenn man am Ende stirbt, muss man alles von vorne Beginnen. Man kann im Tutorial auch nicht speichern. Und das dümmste ist, dass im Tutorial nicht gezeigt wird, wie man die Health-Items manuell benutzt.
  12. Sep 15, 2021
    NieR Automata es un buen juego capado, una historia que apesar de inspirar a algo mas se queda en un juego que sin ser una mierda queda bastante a deber, el combate es muy personalizable con los chips sin embargo tambien pueden ser confusos y/o poco intuitivos al igual que las misiones secundarias, el combate es muy bueno pero llego un momento en el que me sentí cansado y solo quería queNieR Automata es un buen juego capado, una historia que apesar de inspirar a algo mas se queda en un juego que sin ser una mierda queda bastante a deber, el combate es muy personalizable con los chips sin embargo tambien pueden ser confusos y/o poco intuitivos al igual que las misiones secundarias, el combate es muy bueno pero llego un momento en el que me sentí cansado y solo quería que acabara y presionaba el gatillo RT solo para pasarlo todo rápido, el juego es fácil de romper. 9S como personaje me gusta, sobre todo en la ultima parte del final pero tiene un combate deficiente no solo comparado con las otras personajes si no también como individual- Vale la pena jugarlo pero tampoco se puede ir con las expectativas de ver algo rompedor. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Aug 18, 2018
    Excellent combat executed with stylish flair. A must have for action game fans. [Sept 2018, p.90]
  2. Aug 17, 2018
    Nier: Automata Become As Gods Edition has a very deep and thoughtful story, but it requires a lot of time before you get down to it.
  3. Aug 1, 2018
    XBox One owners have no excuse to miss out on this game. It is one of the best examples of video games as a medium of entertainment and needs to be played by every person possible. I cannot stress enough how important this game is, or how good it is.