- Summary: Night In The Woods is a 2D story-focused adventure/exploration game with many extracurricular activities to enjoy, characters to meet, and secrets to discover. Run, jump and use astral projection to explore the many sides of town of Possum Springs and the surrounding environs. Waste timeNight In The Woods is a 2D story-focused adventure/exploration game with many extracurricular activities to enjoy, characters to meet, and secrets to discover. Run, jump and use astral projection to explore the many sides of town of Possum Springs and the surrounding environs. Waste time around town with your crew of loser friends. Gain abilities that grant passage to new areas. Discover the secrets of a large cast of characters and the town itself. Experience a big crazy world and the remarkable events unfolding there. Play bass. Break stuff.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Night In The Woods - Switch Announcement Trailer
Jan 17, 2018Night in the Woods is a refreshing take on the adventure genre. With unique visuals and an all too realistic setting, the game will appeal to anyone who enjoys storytelling on a level more human than the usual fare seen in the medium. The town of Possum Springs will be a depressingly familiar one for any who grew up in small American towns where complacency with hardship is in the water, and it's a credit to the game's writers that every single resident of the troubled town feels real. Even if you didn't live in such a setting, the game's subversion of coming of age tropes make for a special story. It does sell itself out a bit at the end to drive home its central theme, but the rest of it is visually, audibly, and narratively memorable.
Jul 24, 2018More interactive novel than game, Night in the Woods won’t be for everyone. However its appeal is still high thanks to a clever blend of light-hearted yet surprisingly mature storytelling and some of the best friends you’ll meet in a video game. It’s also one of the most painfully accurate depictions of working class life. With pressing financial troubles the cast of Night in the Woods don’t have the luxury of dream careers, gap years and discovery vacations. With a sense of melancholy, it’s time to leave childhood behind and grow up fast.
Official Xbox Magazine UKFeb 26, 2018Intentionally slow pacing is admirable, but it derails an otherwise enrapturing game. [March 2018, p.84]
Jan 3, 2018I first played Night In The Woods back in February this year on the PC and I fell in love with the game almost immediately, so to say I wasI first played Night In The Woods back in February this year on the PC and I fell in love with the game almost immediately, so to say I was looking forward to a release on the Xbox One was quite an understatement. I have played through the game multiple times now and the story still brings out a lot of emotions in me. They have handled key subjects ever so well and the story really is the biggest selling point of the game. The characters that participate in the story have without a doubt had a lot of thought and effort placed into them and this definitely makes the story even more enjoyable and interesting. As I said earlier this addition of Night In The Woods has more content for you to sink your teeth into and the new content gives you a reason to play it again, not that needed a reason to play it again because the game is that good. The gameplay has been implemented on to the Xbox One very well, and the most important thing is that the controls remain fluid and responsive throughout. There isn’t much in terms of variety in the gameplay so if you like doing a number of different things with a lot of different mechanics them you will find the gameplay here a little disappointing. The mini-games may also cause you a bit of disappointment, but thankfully these are minor problems and they don’t really bring the game down much when it’s all said and done. The presentation side of the game is something that I really enjoyed. Visually the game has a cartoony art style that can be really charming at times and the accompanying soundtrack also has a lot of charm, and the best thing is that they work together perfectly which in turn enhances the game even more. At the end of the day if you’ve never played Night In The Woods before then I fully recommend that you purchase the game immediately, especially if you’re a fan of wonderful point-and-click adventures. Without a doubt this is one of the best point-and-click adventures I’ve ever played and it was brilliant to play it again. If you’ve played the game before then you will be pleased to learn that there is more content for you to enjoy now and the new content definitely warrants another purchase.… Expand
Dec 12, 2018I played through the first section of the game. But Night in the Woods is an "interactive game" and not really a game you play. They needI played through the first section of the game. But Night in the Woods is an "interactive game" and not really a game you play. They need better warnings for these types of "games" or I need to do better research.
- Unique story that I did find interesting, but not interesting enough to "play" all the way through. I'd rather watch TV then have to push X throughout a story.
- Did a nice job touching on tough subjects through what I played
- This is an interactive story not really a game
- Wasn't a huge fan of the animals as people… Expand