5.9

1. Jun 5, 2016
    This game features a very inspired character and map design, great Gameplay and brilliant graphics.
    But that's about it.
    But that's about it.
    Few game modes and maps (only 3 per mode); lack of a grown up single player mode (who needs goals?); little story related content on disc (one eye on game, other on youtube); mandatory login even for bot matches / custom bot matches (really? do these guys never heard of Unreal Tournament?) and still priced AAA?

It's said that this game is gonna receive more content in the future, and that all of em are going to be free. Good.
    But for now, Overwatch requires a bit more of faith than what I'm ready to give.
  2. May 30, 2016
    This game is getting way more credit that it deserves in my opinion. It is a solid, well made first person shooter. The controls are spot on, the graphics are clean and sharp and it runs smooth. There are many Heroes to choose from, all unlocked and ready to go right from the start. There's a fair number of maps, all unique in their own way. Some cleverly designed, some not so much(chokeThis game is getting way more credit that it deserves in my opinion. It is a solid, well made first person shooter. The controls are spot on, the graphics are clean and sharp and it runs smooth. There are many Heroes to choose from, all unlocked and ready to go right from the start. There's a fair number of maps, all unique in their own way. Some cleverly designed, some not so much(choke points from hell).

This game is solely PvP only. There is no story mode. There is no campaign to complete or play when you get tired and need a break from the PvP. There are only 3 true PvP game modes: Attack & Defend, Escort and an Arcade game type that's just a juiced up version of the first 2 modes I mentioned, more health, shorter ability and Ult cool downs.

The game lacks any real depth. As I mentioned, the maps and modes are paper thin in my opinion. The games diversity comes from the characters really. The game modes and maps get very repetitive quickly and the only thing saving them is the roster of Heroes and their various roles and abilities, but even that keeps my attention for so long. The only real depth this game has is the character cosmetics like Heroes skin variations, voice and emotes and this game has a boatload of them.

It's a good quality made game. If you're looking for a quick time killer OW is it. If you're looking for a little more depth in your gaming experience like character progression and story or a campaign, look elsewhere.
  3. May 25, 2016
    The only thing that makes this game fun imho opinion is the variety of the characters. Each one is unique which helps spice up the the game. The game also looks pretty good. Other than that, I think this is a very weak game that feels unfinished. It ultimately feels more like a beta than a full game.

First of all the lack of content is astounding. After a few hours I felt like I had already finished the game and experienced everything it had to offer. There was literally no purpose for playing the game further. There is no ranking system, no competitive play, no clans, no campaign, no alternative game modes. Just one mode, 2 gametypes, that's it.

The aiming also feels very strange in this game. I am an experienced FPS player and I'm still struggling to get a handle on this games aiming. I am yet to find a sensitivity that seems to work for me.

The maps are pretty straight forward and inventive. Each one feels like the same map just with a different skin. They are all linear with a few offshooting pathways here and there.

You can tell there are some slight balance issues between the characters that needs to be addressed. A handful of them appear clearly stronger than the others, and vice versa there is a handful that seem underpowered compared to the rest. Most matches consist of the same 10 or so characters.

This game also forces you to play with a group of friends. Unlike other shooters, this game is heavily reliant on teamwork, communication, team composition. It's not a game where a collective of individual skilled players can easily dominate. If a coordinated team of mediocre players goes up against 6 isolated but good players, the coordinated team will probably win. This isn't necessarily a flaw, but something to be considered if you are mostly a solo gamer, like me.

Finally, it lacks conceptual innovation. It's feels like a complete rip off of TF2, even to the point that many of the characters play the same.

Overall what the game does have I think was done ok. Things work, it's solid, it more or less plays like you can tell it was intended to play. However, it just feels like a half finished game. It feels like the beta of a game that would be awesome if given another year to polish it up and add some content.
  4. May 24, 2016
    I must make it clear that the graphics and gameplay for this are top notch. FANTASTIC! A ton of unlocks to work towards also. But what I'm concerned on is that Overwatch doesn't feel like a complete package. It's very fun, but not complete. We're given a backstory and character lore but none of it is in the game. I hate to do this but it's doing what Destiny did. Great backstory and loreI must make it clear that the graphics and gameplay for this are top notch. FANTASTIC! A ton of unlocks to work towards also. But what I'm concerned on is that Overwatch doesn't feel like a complete package. It's very fun, but not complete. We're given a backstory and character lore but none of it is in the game. I hate to do this but it's doing what Destiny did. Great backstory and lore but none of it is right there in the game. Not even a "campaign" multiplayer mode. To run it down, here's the and cons.

Pros:
    -FANTASTIC gameplay
    -Diverse Characters, all feeling unique.
    -Excellent OST
    -Diverse settings

Cons:
    -Lack of Lore and Backstory In-Game
    -No single player or multiplayer Campaign
    -Characters play one way

I know I will get hate for this, but I love Overwatch. I do. But I will not be blinded by Blizzard and ignore what is missing in this game. This game could of been one of the greatest. It still can be if Blizzard adds in more for us who love the story and lore of what Blizzard has shown us.
  5. May 27, 2016
    Critics are giving Blizzard a free pass. For $60, gamers are only getting a third of a game, if that. Titanfall was hammered for its “lack” of content, but Overwatch’s dearth of content is overlooked? Halo 5 was hammered for a short campaign and missing local co-p, but Overwatch doesn’t even have a campaign! Yet it’s a 90 Metascore? Overwatch only has 2 game modes, no co-op, no campaign,Critics are giving Blizzard a free pass. For $60, gamers are only getting a third of a game, if that. Titanfall was hammered for its “lack” of content, but Overwatch’s dearth of content is overlooked? Halo 5 was hammered for a short campaign and missing local co-p, but Overwatch doesn’t even have a campaign! Yet it’s a 90 Metascore? Overwatch only has 2 game modes, no co-op, no campaign, no meaningful progression, a handful of maps—yet all this is overlooked. No other title has gotten away with such blatant exclusions. It all proves how critics are not only full of **** they play favorites too.

Overwatch suffers from some major problems. Foremost, the lag is horrendous. Servers operate at a tickrate of 20hz. This is slow. Comparatively, Battlefield 4 servers were around 10hz at launch, and anyone who played BF4 knows how bad the lag was at the beginning. Now BF4 servers run between 30-60hz. Basically, sub 30hz is just too damn slow and DICE realized it. Black Ops 3 servers operate at 32hz, and that’s barely passable. Overwatch features much faster gameplay than COD, and the slow tickrate equates to more missed shots. Some players are impossible to kill because the servers simply can’t keep up. There are some good videos online which discuss the problems with low tickrates.

Low tickrates equate to low overhead because fewer servers are needed. Since Overwatch isn’t based on a subscription model, it’s reasonable to assume Blizzard implemented a low tickrate to cut costs. Not wise.

Servers are unreliable too. Players are constantly disconnected from games. Stats aren’t saved when this happens. So if players are kicked out of a great match, they lose all their progress. Overwatch also penalizes them for dropping out early. How does losing 75% experience for the next 12 matches sound? That's what happens when Blizzard boots you from the server.

Crappy matchmaking is another problem. Random/solo players often get paired with premade teams and get crushed. I see the same problem with Battleborn. It’s absolutely game-breaking. Overwatch favors teams, so groups ought to play against other groups. Instead, Blizzard is pushing speedy matchmaking over quality matchmaking. Most matches are completely lopsided with one team getting early momentum and maintaining it throughout the entire match. If a lobby of random players wins too many matches, Overwatch breaks up the lobby and puts the players in different games. I’m serious. Penalizing random players for winning is bull**** especially since premade teams have the upper hand.

Blizzard and console makers need to team up and eliminate party chat from public matches. Forcing players to talk with each other will greatly improve match quality. I doubt that will happen. Gaming has become such an antisocial activity lately. Oh, the days of Halo 2 and Left 4 Dead... Sigh.

Overwatch doesn’t balance teams either. There’s no limit on the occurrences of each character. In other words, players on a team can use the same character and spam abilities. I recently left a match where all players on the enemy team choose Mei and spammed her ice wall. My team was locked in spawn. I’ve seen other teams spam D.Va because of her ridiculously OP ultimate.

And like all hero shooters, some characters are vastly superior to others. There’s a reason so many people run around as Tracer, D.Va, Reaper, Bastion, and Soldier 76. They’re fast, can self-heal, and are really hard to hit. Despite its composition, Overwatch plays more like COD than Team Fortress 2. The pacing is fast and games aren’t tactical.

Console players favor run-and-gun lone wolf play that isn’t conducive here. There’s little incentive to experiment. Bastion and D.Va can easily wipe out entire teams in seconds. Others like Symmetra are high cost, low reward characters. When getting steamrolled, teams can’t wait for Symmetra’s portal to charge up. And since console players tend to value K/D over win/loss, deadlier characters will be favored over supportive ones.

Lastly, map design is uninspired. Like Advanced Warfare, it’s hard to distinguish what can and can’t be accessed. Poor map design makes Pharah’s jetpack or Widowmaker’s grappling hook damn frustrating to use at times. Spaces are tight, so players are generally piled on top of each other in a claustrophobic nightmare.

The lack of content is mind-blowing. It’s shameful. Blizzard is clearly capitalizing on its name and marketing to bury the fact Overwatch is a half-baked product. The numerous missteps in game design, server set up, and matchmaking are enough to make me wanna quit. Anyone who gives this game a high score is foolish. I know people are enjoying it, but that doesn’t make Overwatch a great product. This trend of pushing half-finished games out the door has to stop. Now that Blizzard has done it to high critical acclaim, every developer who has hesitated will jump on the bandwagon. COD Infinite Warfare isn’t looking so bad now.
  6. May 27, 2016
    This game would have got more praise from the public if it was a little cheaper but quite rightly a lot of people are complaining that it's effectively a full price game without the full package, i.e a campaign.

However it is an absolutely epic shooter, it allows people to jump straight in and have fun without having to unlock this weapon/peak etc. It can be as simplistic or competitive as the community makes it, my only fear is the console generation will become bored of it very quickly, I suspect the PC community will truly embrace it for what it is.

Overall it runs fantastically well, looks good and most of all is fun!
  7. May 29, 2016
    I want to like this game, I really do. However, a lack of balance and depth make me hate it more than I like it. 21 characters, 4 game modes & 12 maps does not warrant a $60 price tag which is the biggest issue. The maps are way too linear causing too many choke points where Bastion and Torbjorn turrets can be as cheap as they want to be. Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries andI want to like this game, I really do. However, a lack of balance and depth make me hate it more than I like it. 21 characters, 4 game modes & 12 maps does not warrant a $60 price tag which is the biggest issue. The maps are way too linear causing too many choke points where Bastion and Torbjorn turrets can be as cheap as they want to be. Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries and Route 66 are arguably the worst of them. Each of those maps have an area where there is literally one way to get to an objective that cheap turret positions can cover too easily. If the game offered some type of a single player campaign, it'd be more worth it. I'd say to wait and pick it up when it goes on sale. Don't pay full price for it, it's just another Titanfall. Expand
  8. May 27, 2016
    Incomplete (No SP, no story), shallow (oversimplistic, the player does not affects the game, only reacts to it), repetitive (mindless and merciless pew pew, no reason and no goal why everyone fights everyone), unoriginal (both the gameplay and the characters are lent by other popular games, heroes and gameplay elements, everything has been done and seen before. Most overhyped trash sinceIncomplete (No SP, no story), shallow (oversimplistic, the player does not affects the game, only reacts to it), repetitive (mindless and merciless pew pew, no reason and no goal why everyone fights everyone), unoriginal (both the gameplay and the characters are lent by other popular games, heroes and gameplay elements, everything has been done and seen before. Most overhyped trash since Titanfall. The game is only endorsed by a part of PC community fanatics that think that Blizzard as their god. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2016
    This game looks and feels like a more refined version of those (mostly) Korean first person shooters which are free to download and play, as long as you do it online.
    In other words, it's a glorified free-to-play (which isn't free).
    In other words, it's a glorified free-to-play (which isn't free).

This game resembles those old Arena Shooter from early 2000's, but it doesn't offer enough content to live up to the premise of being an "Arena Shooter reviver". Hell, it doesn't offer enough even to be called a "full" game. It's more like "we're making a fool out of AAA pricetag and of console players" game.

And I don't want promises, Bliz. If the game isn't finished, you should have made it a holiday 2016 launch.
  10. Jun 7, 2016
    All I know is that I paid 250 BRL for less than minimum expected for a full priced console game (regardless the gender!) and that this always-online DRM is controversial and outdated as heck.

About it being a multiplayer game only, well it's not true at all. And I guess that everyone that actually played this piece of software knows that single player bot matches are even more enjoyable in the casual scene.

Thankfully Metacritics allow changing reviewing score and I'll change mine when the game gets more content and get rid of this redundant old fashioned DRM.
  11. May 26, 2016
    Wasn't going to buy this at first (looked too cartoony) but ended up getting convinced by the uber high review scores from the "trusted" review sites. I'm a huge fan of shooters (Halo, COD, Battlefield, Borderlands, etc) so figured any shooter getting 90+ score reviews by "trusted" reviewers would be a can't miss for me. WRONG. I really don't get the appeal to this. Just a clusterf--kWasn't going to buy this at first (looked too cartoony) but ended up getting convinced by the uber high review scores from the "trusted" review sites. I'm a huge fan of shooters (Halo, COD, Battlefield, Borderlands, etc) so figured any shooter getting 90+ score reviews by "trusted" reviewers would be a can't miss for me. WRONG. I really don't get the appeal to this. Just a clusterf--k around the objectives and I'm bored after like 4 hours. The variety of characters is decent but really none of them felt very fun to play for me: all very gimmicky. I guess I'm more into traditional shooters with a grittier vibe and higher twitch skill requirement than this cartoony clusterf--k of chaos. There is no immersiveness whatsoever just an arcade cartoony low skill shooter.

I'll give it a 6 just because it is a shooter and I appreciate what they tried to do with the variety of characters. But unless you are like a 13 year old girl who wants to try a shooter for the first time I'd just avoid this. And for the 13 year old girl I think plants vs zombies might actually be better...
  12. May 28, 2016
    I played a great deal of this game already and it's simply a unimaginative rip off of team fortress.

Besides the game's most obvious flaw (lack of content), the map's are so stupid, not in physical design so much as theme--bizarre futuristic utopian cliche's of nation states??? Not a fleck of trash or a spot of graffiti? It's like how totalitarian countries would perceive themselves. How are these maps a suitable or sensible backdrop for the range of characters in game? Where does a giant robot/gorilla or a vaporous gunslinger come in to play in this universe? There design is completely confused and contrived.

But the most infuriating aspect of the game is the massive imbalance in characters and total lack of of cooperation necessary in any of the of the game types. First, there are characters that are massively overpowered. Tracer's speed and abilities are SOOO beastly and all a team on defensive has to do is select a bunch of Bastions and post up in the right spots. This is not totally surprising coming from Blizzard (WOW's mages, Diablo III's demon hunters, etc). But worse still, the few game types available offer no incentive to coordinate as a team. If you are good enough, you can carry your team. There are ZERO mechanics beyond the hero abilities that matter. Where's the fun in that? It's boring and basic.

Speaking of abilities, the abilities like "sprint" or "dodge roll" pathetic and uninspired. Not to mention that most ultimate abilities are underpowered/not impactful enough.

This game is a lot of fun, no doubt--It plays fast and looks fantastic (which is all that seems to matter to IGN these days). But for $60, a pure PVP game with no campaign and no game types that require any type of thought beyond twitch reflexes will not engage me for longer than a month. Bottom line: overhyped, albeit beautiful, waste.
  13. May 24, 2016
    What a breathe of fresh air. This game is amazing. You can tell when a game is above average when trolls come and vote 1. Even the worst games arent a 1! This should show you that this game is here to stay. 10/10 and looking forward to all the free DLC! If you dont play this you are missing out big time. Balanced so well, maps are amazing and the design is just out of this world. SO GOOD!
  14. Oct 21, 2017
    thanks for encouraging loot boxes or loot crates.
    ever since Diablo 3's always online marketplace, I knew this company had such terrible ideas to rip their customers off.

The game is chopped into bits to sell more of this stuff.
    While their base games have quality art in them, ugh just rather support smaller or indie companies.
  15. Oct 10, 2018
    Introduction

Introduction

Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. It was released on May 24, 2016 but since then many improvements have been made. Comparable to TF2, it has made a big impact in the eSports scene and made shooters more kid-friendly, with blood and gore being minimal. Blizzard is known to be a great game maker and despite this being their first multiplayer shooter, it has been a success.
    I played six months after the game came out and as soon as you get the game, you realise that it is very PvP orientated with little PvE gameplay apart from rare events that happen every few months. It is a hero shooter, with a wide range of characters with very diverse power sets. This allows every game to be different and make each game feel fresh. Instead of the cliché, "how many people each team can kill", Overwatch is very team based which allows for a very teamwork focused element in the game. There are three main game modes, with a custom game feature which allows you to change how the game is played and adds variety.

Main body

The story in Overwatch is what brought many people over to it, with exciting cinematics being produced every so often and a very diverse set of characters that bring a lot of different cultures to the game. From assassins to cyborg ninjas to talking gorillas, the story has it all to bring a range of people over to the game. This game is very accessible, even for new FPS players. With skill based match-making putting you with people of your skill level, anybody can play this game and have fun as the game continues to make games harder as you get better. The mechanics in Overwatch are very good in my opinion. The controls are very accessible and easy to learn, which is very important for a game with 28 heroes to choose from. With the so called "meta" always changing, there is no wrong hero to pick which makes you feel freedom when playing. The graphics in Overwatch have a cartoony feel, which allows the game to be for all ages as the blood is very minimal. These kind of graphics are perfect for a game like Overwatch because you would not want perfectly realistic graphics for a very action packed game like this.
    As said before, there are a variety of game modes which means you will never run out of things to play and adds longevity, a very important feature for a game like a first person shooter.
    Sounds and music are very good in Overwatch. With its own soundtracks, and particular characters having conversations with other characters in game, this not only makes the game more immersing but also adds lore to the game while playing. Every few months, more and more voice lines and sound feature are added to the game so there is no shortage of voice lines for players to enjoy.
    Overwatch is not pay to win, which makes it a very good game to pick up if you do not spend money in games. There are microtransactions, such as buying loot boxes and aesthetics, but these are by no means necessary to help you play. Often skins that are brought out for heroes are good, but can be earned without buying skins too as you get a loot box every time you level up, which does not take very long (from experience).

Conclusion

This leads me to give the score of 9/10. I definitely think this game is worth picking up as it is not very expensive due to it being out for just more than 2 years now. The one thing that lets down this game is the community (so not anything in the game). The community can be extremely toxic but this is easily avoided by staying away from these players and muting anyone like this.
    10th October 2018
  16. Sep 1, 2017
    This game is very diverse. I will say that. However, I wish that this game would set its sights a bit higher. This game is amazing, don't get me wrong, but if it wants to succeed, it has to stop pivoting when it comes to features and start being a little more ambitious.
  17. Nov 30, 2017
    The lack of content and maps is a huge problem. How it won GOTY surprises me. I'm not gonna deny it's a great game and I think it can be a game even better than TF2 in the future. But it's stage right now,
    even after one year, is still lacking. Blizzard is still making these "Cinematics" which I really hate. Their effort for trying to make a story off of videos just has to stop.
  18. Jun 1, 2018
    So this was game of the year 2016... well we're doomed...
    So this was game of the year 2016... well we're doomed...
    Overwatch is a game featuring 20+ heroes from different backgrounds and countries. Set in the future, the world is recovering after the Omnic Crisis (A robot version of the world wars) which was stopped by the Overwatch Team. 30 Years later and the world has named the Overwatch Team as Criminals after many controversies caused by a splinter group known as Blackwatch are revealed and so on... Honestly, I'm wasting my time telling you the lore because you won't find it in the game. This game is solely multiplayer and has no campaign, which is unacceptable for the price you need to pay to play this game. Sure there are events regarding lore but this is once a year! If you into the lore of this game, wait until they release a campaign or permanent PVE mode because you might as well read the comics.
    This game gets repetitive very quickly and most of the heroes remain unbalanced, which can be unfair and annoying to play with as some heroes are stupidly overpowered and some are completely useless. This game is too overrated and didn't deserve any awards.
    Also Lootboxes...
    This game has positives however...
    The game looks really nice and the controls are really good. The Heroes are very unique and control differently. But that's it...
    If you want to play a multiplayer online game, play Team Fortress 2, you get more content, play styles, maps, balance, A PVE MODE!!!! and enjoyment... ALL FOR FREE might I add.
  19. Mar 5, 2019
    Overwatch has a terrible matchmaking system. Instead of games the teams are balanced and it is a good challenge. Matchmaking sets up one team to be stacked with good players and the other team to have 1 to 2 skilled players. This results in winning streaks of 3 to 5 games. But then you go on 10 game losing streaks. One game matched all silver borders plus on one team vs all 1 star ranks onOverwatch has a terrible matchmaking system. Instead of games the teams are balanced and it is a good challenge. Matchmaking sets up one team to be stacked with good players and the other team to have 1 to 2 skilled players. This results in winning streaks of 3 to 5 games. But then you go on 10 game losing streaks. One game matched all silver borders plus on one team vs all 1 star ranks on the other team. How is that fair. Please fix your match making Expand
  20. Aug 9, 2016
    I find this game really boring with unbalanced maps and uninspired game modes.
    The idea that you have to play certain characters just to counter certain characters your opponents use in order to have any success is ridiculous. I should be able to use any character I want and be able to have success.
    I find this game really boring with unbalanced maps and uninspired game modes.
    Another problem with this game is that everyone can choose the same character, unless in competitive mode which is a mess too, at the start which tends to cause pickup teams to lose and just wastes player's time.
    You also can't just play this game solo and join a random team with any sort of success which makes this game a waste of time and isn't fun.
    Lastly the constant nerfing of characters by Blizzard due to pressure from players with no skill is really annoying. The game hasn't been out long and so to nerf all the characters they have has either cause those characters or others to become unbalanced which is annoying.
  21. Jan 29, 2017
    overrated game without a lot of content cant believe people complain about games like battlefront about content when overwatch is equally guilty of lack of content game should only be bought if on sale. but saying that the core game is solid but feels like blizzard thought it was done without much thought if they could do something to make you care about characters as it is a characteroverrated game without a lot of content cant believe people complain about games like battlefront about content when overwatch is equally guilty of lack of content game should only be bought if on sale. but saying that the core game is solid but feels like blizzard thought it was done without much thought if they could do something to make you care about characters as it is a character driven game (the animated shorts dont count if i want to watch animation i would watch cartoon network) makes you wonder what couldve been Expand
  22. Sep 13, 2016
    "Overwatch" sets up a cliché and dull story, but it nonetheless does. After the initial introduction about saving the world, the player just engages in round after round of multiplayer combat. Why are the heroes fighting copies of each other? What about trying to save the world? Overwatch instead ignores this, and creates a multiplayer shooter at its finest. But the lack of story,"Overwatch" sets up a cliché and dull story, but it nonetheless does. After the initial introduction about saving the world, the player just engages in round after round of multiplayer combat. Why are the heroes fighting copies of each other? What about trying to save the world? Overwatch instead ignores this, and creates a multiplayer shooter at its finest. But the lack of story, additional modes, and unapologetically cartoonish graphics, make it an over-hyped, monotonous, dull, game, that gives the player no purpose. That's something even the disappointing "Star Wars Battlefront" could accomplish. Unless you want to spend hundreds of hours shooting cartoon superheroes over and over with no particular reason, ditch Overwatch. Expand
  23. Sep 18, 2016
    Here's a typical gaming session:
    - join a "quick" match
    - wait a few minutes - get dropped in to a game in progress - as you're running to the action, game ends - "DEFEATED" - wait for end game recap and stats to finish - start over waiting for a new match - match begins - nope, too many players have left - 30 seconds later, match dumps remaining players to "reinstance" - start
    Here's a typical gaming session:
    - join a "quick" match
    - wait a few minutes
    - get dropped in to a game in progress
    - as you're running to the action, game ends - "DEFEATED"
    - wait for end game recap and stats to finish
    - start over waiting for a new match
    - match begins
    - start over waiting for a new match
    - rinse, repeat

Honestly, this has to be the most boring, disappointing game I've played in recent memory. Even when a match does last long enough to finish, there's just nothing to it. A few maps, limited characters, nothing worth putting up with the ridiculously broken matchmaking system.
  24. Jan 10, 2020
    I’ve played this game since day one and it’s done nothing but go downhill. At the beginning it was a very fun game, matchmaking may have taken a while but matches felt balanced and fun, then came the “improvements”. Most people don’t remember when they talked about this but they said themselves that they were moving over to a 50/50 win loss ratio system, where matchmaking will always tryI’ve played this game since day one and it’s done nothing but go downhill. At the beginning it was a very fun game, matchmaking may have taken a while but matches felt balanced and fun, then came the “improvements”. Most people don’t remember when they talked about this but they said themselves that they were moving over to a 50/50 win loss ratio system, where matchmaking will always try to keep you at a 50/50 win loss ratio to improve matchmaking times. After this the game became just a headache to play in my opinion. You either get stomped on or do the stomping (9 times out of 10 you’re the one getting stomped) hero’s are unbalanced, there is no real “matchmaking” anywhere when you as a level 60 can be paired up with 200-300+ level players. Honestly if you played overwatch before, remember it for what it used to be, maybe come back from time to time to play a game or two but move on, if you’re thinking about buying this game I can’t suggest it, I loved and love overwatch but I just can’t recommend the headache it will give you getting into a game where most the time the balancing feels unfair. Expand
  25. Apr 11, 2020
    Technically the game is excellent, graphics, sound, controls...but that is where it ends the matchmaking is abysmal, the game is so over run with trolls and smurf accounts it takes the fun out 90% of the time...all the dillholes who want to say "git gud" make up the 10%-20% of the highest ranks of tge game...the same ones who are more than happy to make multiple accounts to boost theirTechnically the game is excellent, graphics, sound, controls...but that is where it ends the matchmaking is abysmal, the game is so over run with trolls and smurf accounts it takes the fun out 90% of the time...all the dillholes who want to say "git gud" make up the 10%-20% of the highest ranks of tge game...the same ones who are more than happy to make multiple accounts to boost their fragile little egos by bullying young kids and the rest of us normies who lack super human reflexes and just want to use our leisure time to try and have a bit of fun....blizzard's srance is to say "Oj, well...they will get moved out if your skill ranking pretty quickly"...ya well when it happens 8/ 10 matches handing your teams loss after loss and their is some bew jag off or the same ines on tgeir fifth acct doingbthe same crap...no they dont just "move up" our of your ranking/skill lvl...its been like thus for a good 3+ years and tgey are not going to do a damn thing to change it as the want to lick the boots if their top 10% of olayers while giving a giant middle finger to the rest of we lowly little normies who just looking for a bit of enjoyment outside the everyday grind...screw you overwatch dev team Expand
  26. Jul 18, 2016
    So it seems that the era of fully priced, online multiplayer only games are among us. Overwatch is another example of an extremely over hyped game that just does not deliver. What do we get for this fully priced game, a handful of characters, badly designed maps, extremely unbalanced gameplay and 3 GAME MODES (4 if you want to include the hybrid). The cost of the game is not justified inSo it seems that the era of fully priced, online multiplayer only games are among us. Overwatch is another example of an extremely over hyped game that just does not deliver. What do we get for this fully priced game, a handful of characters, badly designed maps, extremely unbalanced gameplay and 3 GAME MODES (4 if you want to include the hybrid). The cost of the game is not justified in any way with this game. To beat a dead horse, Team Fortress 2 delivers exactly the same but for free (minus the stupid character special abilities).
    So why is this game so popular? E-SPORTS... f**king e-sports. Get a bunch of youtubers and twitchers to demonstrate a game of this manor and their audiences go mental. I guess that's the way gaming has become now though right? developers don't have to put any effort to create a decent game anymore cause the current generation of gaming doesn't care. Blizzard could have released this game with 5 characters, 3 maps and 1 game mode and it would still be a top seller simple because of the way modern gaming has become.

For me, the game grew stale after about an hour or so. It was fun to play as a healer for a few games, then experimented with the other classes. After you try each character once, what else is there? Although the game boasts a 21 character library, your lucky if you see half of them in a good session. You are always playing against the same, overpowered characters again and again, making gameplay extremely frustrating.
    If blizzard stick to their word and release more content (a la Destiny), the game might become half decent and worth playing ..... for another hour until it becomes stale again. Ultimately, the game is not good. It is a poor attempt at a revival for a game style that only appeals to an extremely small crowd, and those who don't care about financial expenses.
  27. Oct 9, 2017
    Blizzard’s newest game, Overwatch, has won over 100 awards including Game of the Year 2016, leading us to believe it’s a one of a kind game for a wide audience. With a choice from 25 characters and a variety of gameplay to experience, Overwatch is definitely a game to try out.
    A crucial part of the game is the cartoon styled characters which are categorised into 4 different groups: Offence, Defence, Tank and Support. Within the groups, each character has their own unique abilities to ultimately win the match. My personal favourite characters from each category would be, Tracer, Mei, Zarya and Lucio. Each of these characters have very different gameplay; Tracer is agile and quick as she can teleport around the map and go back in time to regain health, while Mei is typically used for stealth as she can freeze enemies and kill them with a headshot afterwards.
    Not only are their skills diverse but their backgrounds are too, Blizzard really outdid themselves when it came to the characters, animated shorts have been released for certain characters further explaining how they came to be a member of Overwatch.
    When playing online they are three different game modes; Quick Play, Arcade and Competitive. You can choose which mode best suits you. However, the objective within matches in Quick Play or Competitive is to either push the payload as far through the map as you can or to capture an objective and hold it till the percentage equals 100%. Be warned, if you’re playing the same character on every map, attack and defence, you’re going to get bored eventually which is why the vast selection of heroes is so important. It keeps the game fresh.
    Competitive is my preferred game mode. Once a new season starts you participate in 10 placement matches and are placed into a tier based on your skill within games. Your skill rating changes depending on how many medals you achieved in game but mainly if you won or lost. At the end of the season, you win a collection of competitive points dependant on what tier you’re in, which can be used to buy golden guns for any character along with other rewards. The idea of a Competitive game mode is really fun, it can help you find how good of an Overwatch player you are, but in all honesty unless you are placed in a high tier there’s not much hope. Many other online players often cause havoc on teams as they aren’t picking the heroes that are potentially needed to win the game.
    Within the world of Overwatch sound plays a huge part in fully immersing yourself in the gameplay, each hero has their own voice actor based on the country the character originated from. Mei for example is Chinese, therefore so is her voice actor which is an amazing extra. They all have their own voice lines, in English and their native language. While in a game, if an enemy uses their ultimate ability the hero will say so in game using his/her unique voice line to alert every player that this is taking place. The use of sound is super fun and helpful in game.
    As the developers of this game is Blizzard, they are constantly working on how the game could be improved and listening to what the players themselves have to say. Videos are often published online from the Lead Developer of Overwatch, Jeff Kaplan, who explains what they are adding to the game and what that means for us. Characters are constantly being buffed or nerfed depending on players’ remarks of them and how popular each character is. Every 3 months, a new hero is added to the game which always seems to cause a wave of excitement as another animated short will be released to go along with the new addition. The updates are frequent and the majority of bugs are quickly found and corrected.
    Another huge part of Overwatch is the customisation of the characters as well as the events that are held. Each character has their original outfit along with other skins, maybe in a different colour or even following a specific theme; these can be obtained by opening loot boxes which can be bought with real money or receive one after levelling up, or using the in-game currency. After having a whole year of Overwatch, the following events are likely to take place every year now; Summer Games, Halloween Terror, Winter Wonderland, Lunar New Year, Uprising and Anniversary. When these events are active extra game modes are added keeping to the theme, now it may just be me but I find these events really fun and do nothing but add to the already wonderful game.
    Finally, the price of Overwatch constantly varies from £25-£50. Overall Overwatch is a fun game suitable for anyone, particularly those who are already fans of Blizzard. There is such a wide variety within the game and there's guaranteed to be a character that suits the gameplay you're looking for. In my opinion, it is more of a social game, to play with friends is better than by yourself but that doesn't mean you don't have a good time. To put it plain and simple, it's worth every penny.
  28. Jun 1, 2016
    the game overall is fun. the characters are unique and well developed. the are ONLY 3 game types, no campaign, 21 characters,12 maps,micro transactions, and no ranked play. BUT they will be adding more characters for free, more game types, and maps. all for free. but at launch it is not worth $40-60(America) OR $80 (Canada) id wait until its on sale to purchase it.
  29. Jun 1, 2016
    Overwatch is a fantastically fun game, probably one of the funnest, competitive FPS games I've played in a long time. With gorgeous graphics, wonderfully realized characters and gameplay that encourages variety and teamwork, it's a must buy, when it comes down in price.

Yes, I don't believe that the game is worth a full $40 on PC or even a full $60 on Xbox and PS4. There simply isn't enough content in the game at launch to warrant such high prices. I mean we're looking at a multiplayer only game, with 3 game modes and 5 -7 maps. That's all content you'll blow through in one sitting.

Lastly we have game balance, which isn't a big issue because it can be patched, but right now there is quite a bit that could be tweaked and adjusted in terms of character abilities, damage output and so on.
  30. Jul 25, 2016
    The problem with the game lies within the equation: Content x Price (this math never gets old).
    Had them put this game around $20, even with paid DLC; or released later (with more content on) they'd walk away with a free pass from users as well.
    Also, you don't simply deny offline play to console gamers, it's sort of a cultural clash!
  31. May 27, 2016
    Overwatch is Blizzard's new Multiplayer Shooter, Some compare it to games like Team Fortress 2 or maybe BattleBorn and other more MOBA related games. But it's basically a hero based arena shooter where each hero has something that makes it unique from the rest, This causes some heroes to be stronger against others or vice versa. Your success in Overwatch is directly related to your teamsOverwatch is Blizzard's new Multiplayer Shooter, Some compare it to games like Team Fortress 2 or maybe BattleBorn and other more MOBA related games. But it's basically a hero based arena shooter where each hero has something that makes it unique from the rest, This causes some heroes to be stronger against others or vice versa. Your success in Overwatch is directly related to your teams lineup and how well you work together. Playing solo may result in some very bad games if your team isn't wanting to work together. Playing with groups of friends will be much more enjoyable. Currently Overwatch only has Quick Matches and personal ranks but they plan to add a full ranked mode for people who want to take it seriously.
    The design behind Overwatch is done so perfectly, Everything from sound to characters it all just works so well together. Audio queues will let you know if someone is using a Ultimate or even the foots steps of a specific hero. Not much bad can be said when it comes to this aspect of Overwatch.
    One of the only things you can complain about with Overwatch is Matchmaking and team builds. Nothing is more discouraging then getting destroyed by a full grouped team over and over or getting paired up against people much higher level players. This will hopefully be fixed with the addition of competitive mode. Also having team stack one hero can make a game unplayable...some of the builds you can make up are nothing but torture.
    All in all if you enjoy multiplayer games like Team Fortress 2 and you are able to keep your cool give Overwatch a try.
  32. Apr 4, 2017
    This game is good.......but only with friends!
    If you play this with solo queue only it's not fun, people you meet don't talk, nor they cooperate. Everyone plays like alone; no teamplay.
    So play this game only if you have friends that also play this, otherwise don't try it!
  33. Jun 1, 2016
    Had lots of fun for the first week or so but the lack modes really does make it repetitive.
    All the classes are fun to learn but i found myself going back to 4-5 favorites.
    The game looks and sounds great, the servers are solid and it barely takes any time to find a match. Pros Easy to get into Addictive for a little while. Variety of classes. Cons Unlockable clothing and sprays
    Pros
    Easy to get into
    Addictive for a little while.
    Variety of classes.

Cons
    Unlockable clothing and sprays is a mess of rng.
    Only a few modes they really need to add more.
  34. Jun 8, 2016
    Ok so this game is really fun, gameplay is epic. But!... Content, wheres the content? And why doesn't the tutorial get across how much you need to cooperate!? And the loot system and it's way over priced micro transactions is just broken. My wife hasn't had a single legendary and she's level 30! You need to reward people and make the rewards want u to keep getting them. She's feelingOk so this game is really fun, gameplay is epic. But!... Content, wheres the content? And why doesn't the tutorial get across how much you need to cooperate!? And the loot system and it's way over priced micro transactions is just broken. My wife hasn't had a single legendary and she's level 30! You need to reward people and make the rewards want u to keep getting them. She's feeling really disheartened with the lack of drops which is making her play less! Easy fix, every 10 levels a roulette wheel. 1 legendary skin, 3 epics and 6 common. Spin to win, and at least come away with something of worth. God damn player icons.... Expand
  35. Jul 2, 2016
    Its so boring! Weak game-play. Frequently kicked out of multi-player due to lack of enough other players. Upgrades and loot boxes are items that would appeal to kindergartners intellect. Very disappointed. Makes me think twice about listening to professional reviewers.
  36. Jun 4, 2016
    Excessively expensive for the amount of content. I feel that this game got a sweet pass by the Critic reviews. Why should I spend 60$ in a game, and then need to spend a lot o money to buy skills, if the game doesn't even offers a campaign mode? Saver your money, and wait for a sales to buy it.
  37. Jun 8, 2016
    It isn't a bad game it's just over rated like 93 what kind rating is that it is good but not that good it doesn't have the most of content either I'm giving it a 6/10 not because it's bad it's just strongly overated
  38. May 27, 2016
    A very solid shooter. An abundance of characters to choose from with more to come from Blizzard, vibrant visuals, very well-designed maps, and deep mechanics. There is a slight lack of content at launch, but there are plenty of free updates coming, and the variety of characters there are to learn will keep everyone busy for awhile.
  39. May 25, 2016
    Overwatch is essential the updated version of Team Fortress 2, but in my mind is more polished and varied. Its also a great experience that is simply fun. Unfortunately it is online competitive multiplayer only and unless you get the PC version ($40 for the base game) you are stuck with the Origins edition for consoles with a $60 price tag - which is definitely $20 more than it should be!Overwatch is essential the updated version of Team Fortress 2, but in my mind is more polished and varied. Its also a great experience that is simply fun. Unfortunately it is online competitive multiplayer only and unless you get the PC version ($40 for the base game) you are stuck with the Origins edition for consoles with a $60 price tag - which is definitely $20 more than it should be!

With that aside, Overwatch is a great FPS competitive multiplayer game that is easy to pick up and play. Each character is very unique and fun to play.

GRAPHICS: Great detail and love in the maps and to the characters - its very upbeat and lighthearted and works very well with a smooth 60 FPS.

SOUND: Great sound design with good banter and indicators as well as source to reception variability.

SOUNDTRACK: Not amazing but fits with the game for sure.

VOICE: Well voice acted with small tidbits of sayings and emotes - not a big part of the game but is well done none the less and adds to the enjoyment.

GAME PLAY: Incredibly varied and fun but released with only 4 modes and 12 maps.

REPLAYABILITY: Very replayable and is is built for replay and hopefully free updates will expand the content, but this is Activision that is publishing it and microtransactions are already present - so one will most likely have to pay for every piece of additional content.

For me the game is worth $40 and I will get $40 worth of enjoyment out of it. If you are on the fence, see if you can try it on console or rent it for a console to see if it fits for you. If you like Team Fortress at all, then I think you will really enjoy this title.
  40. May 24, 2016
    The only reason I can't give Overwatch a perfect 10 is the price. For $60 I would expect more content. There are only 12 maps and a few game modes at launch. On the flip side, I haven't had this much fun with an arena shooter since my quake/unreal/cs lan party days. I have no idea how anyone could rate this game as a zero. The gunplay is fine and the maps are not confusing. Based on theThe only reason I can't give Overwatch a perfect 10 is the price. For $60 I would expect more content. There are only 12 maps and a few game modes at launch. On the flip side, I haven't had this much fun with an arena shooter since my quake/unreal/cs lan party days. I have no idea how anyone could rate this game as a zero. The gunplay is fine and the maps are not confusing. Based on the broken english of the reviewer I'm guessing it's some Chinese guy who would rather play the blatant Chinese rip off of Overwatch. Expand
  41. May 24, 2016
    This is the type of game I've been waiting for one the Xbox for a while. I was a fan of Team Fortress 2 but never had much interest at playing games like that at a computer desk. Some nights, digging into the TC's Division or Rainbow Six just sound a little daunting. This is the perfect game to jump in and do a few quick rounds and have a blast. The different characters provide a tonThis is the type of game I've been waiting for one the Xbox for a while. I was a fan of Team Fortress 2 but never had much interest at playing games like that at a computer desk. Some nights, digging into the TC's Division or Rainbow Six just sound a little daunting. This is the perfect game to jump in and do a few quick rounds and have a blast. The different characters provide a ton of gameplay variety and I've really been enjoying the layout of the maps.

Only cons with this game are the initial launch price for console seems a bit steep, and a few more game types would have been appreciated as well, but hopefully they'll come. The lack of local multiplayer is the biggest miss in my opinion and honestly one of the only reasons I considered Battleborn over this (really didn't like Battleborn though).

Overall, great game and would definitely recommend.
  42. Jun 8, 2016
    Es increíble ver gente que defiende este juego cuando a todas luces es un refrito de un juego de hace ya varios años y que además era !!!!!!GRATIS!!!!!!
    Si eres una persona cuerda evitarás comprar este título completamente roto y sin materia, un simple pretexto para robar dinero.
  43. Jun 12, 2016
    Juego sobrevalorado, por 60€ puedes comprar obras de arte ya sea The Witcher 3 o Dark Souls 3, debería ser un free-to-play com el Heroes of the Storm. Actualmente hay shooters y mobas mejores e infravalorados ya que no poseen el nombre Bli$ard.
  44. Nov 23, 2016
    Simplesmente impossível jogar é com certeza o pior mathmaking de um jogo que ja vi. 90% das partidas eu entro no final e perco. A cada 40 minutos procurando eu consigo entrar em uma partida jogavel. Fora o total desbalanceamento dos herois.
    Com certeza foi a maior decepção que ja tive em um jogo online. E também a pior gameplay que ja vi em um fps.
    Fora os servidores totalmente vazios,
    Fora os servidores totalmente vazios, se tu entrar em um time horrível é melhor fechar o jogo e ir jogar outra coisa porque tu vai ficar horas entrando sempre na mesma partida.
    Mais um jogo que a blizzard inventou um numero fantastico de players online sendo que é impossivel achar uma simples partida.
  45. Sep 1, 2016
    I loved Overwatch for the first couple weeks after it was released. The things that I really loved about it was the characters and how you have to play each one with a different play style based on how the character handles and their abilities. I realized that no matter how I was doing in a match I was still having fun.

There is a story online that goes with the game but it is only

There is a story online that goes with the game but it is only available in short films on youtube. I really don't mind this and I feel like its more than they really had to do, so we are lucky that we got anything at all.

I stopped playing the game because after a couple weeks I felt like things just got too repetitive and it was always the same thing and I would always just switch between 3 or 4 different character. I suppose that it would have retained more replay value if I was playing with friends but this is a game that I would mostly play by myself.
  46. Jun 29, 2016
    This game is completely generic. There is nothing that sets it apart from any number of FPS titles. Yes they tried to add some MOBA aspects to it by adding abilities and items. But they did not add leveling to it really. There is no damage scaling, very little to do after getting your ultimate, and even worse some of the worst balance in a game. Several characters are gods whileThis game is completely generic. There is nothing that sets it apart from any number of FPS titles. Yes they tried to add some MOBA aspects to it by adding abilities and items. But they did not add leveling to it really. There is no damage scaling, very little to do after getting your ultimate, and even worse some of the worst balance in a game. Several characters are gods while others are extremely under powered. I had high hopes for this title. Expand
  47. Jan 7, 2017
    Overhyped Disney style childish shooter. It is not bad but gets boring after few hours. Game have many different character but beside that game is limited as balcony.
  48. Jul 2, 2016
    Overwatch is a great breath of fresh air for the team-based FPS genre. With great graphics, game play, characters, and lore, Overwatch is the game for you if you like the team-based FPS genre. For anyone complaining about the lack of content for the price, please note that Blizzard has stated the all future DLC will be free for the time being. So eventually, the price will pay off.
  49. Jun 1, 2016
    This game has a lot of potential but it's kind of overpriced. It's very slow, if you die you'll sit and watch a respawn timer for 10 seconds and then walk, not run but walk back to the action. Super annoying. People say that it has depth, but that is a mis-characterization. What they mean is it is extremely well balanced, that's not the same as depth. It doesn't have much depth to it atThis game has a lot of potential but it's kind of overpriced. It's very slow, if you die you'll sit and watch a respawn timer for 10 seconds and then walk, not run but walk back to the action. Super annoying. People say that it has depth, but that is a mis-characterization. What they mean is it is extremely well balanced, that's not the same as depth. It doesn't have much depth to it at all. The RNG loot boxes are stupid and need to be fixed.

Save your money until the price comes down.
  50. May 26, 2016
    Played the beta and was worried i would not enjoy as i am very wary of games without campaign mode. However i was completely hooked. If you give this game a couple of days you can be sure you will be hooked for months to come! The only thing that is missing for me is a story mode, especially as blizzard has created amazing characters which you can really identify with. Get this game, itPlayed the beta and was worried i would not enjoy as i am very wary of games without campaign mode. However i was completely hooked. If you give this game a couple of days you can be sure you will be hooked for months to come! The only thing that is missing for me is a story mode, especially as blizzard has created amazing characters which you can really identify with. Get this game, it will not disappoint! Expand
  51. May 26, 2016
    This game is simplistic. This game has only a few maps. This game has a few modes. This game is the same crap over and over apart from the huge number of heroes. I got bored after two hours and returned it to the store. It's a shooter for both noobs and pros, but mainly noobs.

It is crappy.
  52. Sep 14, 2016
    One of the worst games I've ever played, here's why:

1. Utter lack of content for price. There is absolutely no reason to charge full retail price for 3 game modes. There is simply not. 2. There are only a few usable characters and they translate well from quick match to ranked play, so yes you can choose your favourite but you won't necessarily enjoy using them or do well. E.g,
    One of the worst games I've ever played, here's why:

2. There are only a few usable characters and they translate well from quick match to ranked play, so yes you can choose your favourite but you won't necessarily enjoy using them or do well. E.g, Bastion in quick match is extremely powerful. Competitively, he the worst character in the game.

3. It's the rock, paper, scissors the video game. Certain characters have an almost unwinnable handicap in certain areas, and it sucks to turn a corner and by no fault of your own, get hooked in by Roadhog, then immediately killed. Or, be in a building, get flashbanged by McRee, then immediately killed by his alternate fire, unless you have about 300+ health. In short; players are rewarded and punished essentially at random and can simply not respond to certain characters.

4. Ultimate's that are definitely not equal in power are all unlocked at seemingly the same rate. It is stupid that McRee's ultimate, which can potentially wipe out an entire team, is unlocked just at fast as Soldier 76's dramatically worse Tactical Vision.

5. Microtransactions. If I only play Reaper, please let me only buy stuff for Reaper. No player wants to drop $20 for the CHANCE to get gear for their favourite character.

Different does not mean good. Overwatch is bad.
  53. May 27, 2016
    Overwatch is a part of the "Hero Shooter" genre that is exploding on the scene. Its a simple shooter that combines elements from classic fps and mobas alike. The roster of characters this game contains are not only hugely diverse but it helps keep the games feeling fresh and unique. Not one character is like the other. The map design is genius that Blizzard expertly designed. Just when youOverwatch is a part of the "Hero Shooter" genre that is exploding on the scene. Its a simple shooter that combines elements from classic fps and mobas alike. The roster of characters this game contains are not only hugely diverse but it helps keep the games feeling fresh and unique. Not one character is like the other. The map design is genius that Blizzard expertly designed. Just when you thought that Blizzard may have missed something Overwatch shows you that not only did Blizzard think of everything, there are usually multiple ways to achieve or counter this aspect. Now as much as I applaud this game for being a blasty blast, there are a few shortcomings that stops Overwatch from being that rare perfect 10. Even though the maps are excellent, there are only a handful of maps. This can sometimes make matches feel tedious. The different game types aren't diverse enough for real longevity. And of course if you are a single player kind of gamer then this isn't going to be your romp in the woods. Then again this game never claims to be a single player experience. So I don't hold that against it like some others do. The game is at its best when you have a small group of 2-6 that can play together and understand that this is not a team death match game. The different objectives are definitely fun but I wouldn't be surprised to see new game types come sooner rather than later. Overwatch has one true test, as much as its cliche to say it, and that is will it stand the test of time? Whether that is via free dlc maps, characters or game play. This game already has a huge fan base and if Blizzard plays its cards right this could end up being huge. Combining this game with things like comics and amazing digital shorts that can make Pixar lick its chops. It doesn't require you to be an expert and is very easy and accessible but this game is definitely harder to master. I can see this game in 5 years being around and looking very different. Id be interested to see what this game is like with other maps and game types like capture the flag, king of the hill or something else.

I give it an 8.5 out of 10 but since I can't do halves on metacritic, I go 8 out of 10. Its not as bad as many of the reviews on here say it is but this definitely isn't revolutionary. It is however a load of fun and has more going for it than games that are pumped out annually.
  54. Jun 24, 2016
    Hola esta es una critica en español y mi opinión de OW es de que es un fiasco y un total intento fallido de hacer un juego como el TF2 solo que los de Blizzard le agregan los poderes secundarios tipo moba y ya con eso según ellos tiene un juego la pura verdad este juego va dirigido al publico masculino y a niños por el echo de que trata del típico escuadrón de HÉROES y en TF2 no solo son 9Hola esta es una critica en español y mi opinión de OW es de que es un fiasco y un total intento fallido de hacer un juego como el TF2 solo que los de Blizzard le agregan los poderes secundarios tipo moba y ya con eso según ellos tiene un juego la pura verdad este juego va dirigido al publico masculino y a niños por el echo de que trata del típico escuadrón de HÉROES y en TF2 no solo son 9 mercenarios con mucho carisma, la gente que consocio el OW conoció primero al personaje femenino Tracer y luego ala WindowMaker gracias a paginas de arte o vídeos para adultos si saben de los que dijo y para mi es la primera ves que veo mucho de ese contenido para adultos y así ha pasado con todas las Mujeres del OW y hasta ahora la única que les interesa es la D´va por su estilo como chica Otaku Gamer.

Y otro punto es de que el juego es puro OLINE y tiene los mismos modos de juego como captura la bandera, captura el punto de control, y la que mas me llamo la atención fue la de Carga explosiva como se dice en TF2 (que consiste de llevar por unas vías de tren un un carreta una bomba y llevarla su destino) pero a qui en ves de ser una bomba es una limusina blindada, la verdad es los mismos TF2 sin excepción solo con mujeres muy sexualizadas y el publico no ve las criticas reales que son las de los jugadores a mi en lo personal no me interesa una critica de un critico de Ahora por razones de corrupción, lo malo que el juego esta incompleto solo ONLINE en serio a pero eso si puedes comprar skins que para mi es como si el juego lo hubieran echo hace 6 meses no loan terminado por falta de dinero y como se lo gastaron mas en propaganda de todo tipo si hasta contenido para adultos por que esos artistas no cobran barato y debió ser un buen trato, pero volviendo al tema del Gaming es igualito al TF2 y el TF2 es gratis y la comunidad genial pero esto que esto no es un juego real esto es un juego reciclado y pagar como 999.00 pesos mexicanos no lo vale y creo que sera de esos juegos como TF2 que antes fue de paga y después Gratis y como deje antes ami se me hace un juego incompleto y que aparte sera terminada después de recaudar dinero con los skins .

Personajes:
    Los personajes de OW para mi y en verdad 2 o mas hacen a uno del TF2 como un ejemplo: WindoWmaker+Hanzo=Sniper del TF2 pero por que miren para los que no han jugado TF2 el sniper tiene varias arnas pero se dividen en 2 Sniper y arco y tiene la misma jugabilidad hasta las dos armas de Window que son el sniper y rifle de asalto eso los tiene el mismos Sniper pero del TFClassic y así con todos Tracer+Lúcio=Scout, Spy=Genji+Reaper+McCree(El spy tambien depende de los disparos ala cabeza), Ingeniero=Torbjörn+Symmetra, este he visto en el juego de OW 4 Heavy=Roadhog+BASTION+WINSTON+Zarya, Medic=MERCY+Zenyatta, Pyro=Mei, Saldado=Soldado: 76+Pharah, y al final mi perosnaje favorito del TF2 que es DEMOMAN que se comforma 2 uno repetido que son: Demoman:REINHARDT+PHARAH(de nuevo)+JUNKRAT ere fianl es el mas copiado por si lanza bombas lapa y su famoso sticky jump, mismas mecánicas en todos los personajes y por favor antes de critica mal o bien un juego comparen los 2 tanto como OW y el TF2 que tiene suerte de ser gratis y no pierden nada

Motivos por que su éxito:
    1.- Mucha publicidad de cual quier tipo sin perdonar.
    2.- Gaming reciclado de un FPS real que es el TF2 que lleva mas de 9 años apenas en este año.
    3.-Personajes femeninos muy sexualizadas tanto como en FanArt como en el Juego.
    4.-Mucha prensa Corrupta.
    5.-Una jugabilidad muy fácil como en PC y en consolas que la verdad lo puede jugar un niño que juega COD o Splatoon sin tanta experiencia.
    6.-El juego esta dirigido al publico masculino de 12 a 25 años.
    7.-Texturas muy infantiles y no tiene Gore.
    8.-Y personas que compran jugos pro moda.

Gracia por ver este comentario y piensa lo 2 veces por que como dicen en steam no hay devoluciones Saludos :D!

PD: Esté es un mensaje para todos los jugadores de OW o fanboys que dicen a los de TF2: juégalo antes de criticar al OW pues mira yo te dijo los mismo con TF2 juega primero TF2 compáralo con el OW y tu dime cuales mejor por que eso de decir que por que tu juegas al OW y muchos estén de acuerdo con eso argumento no se me hace una excusa ni aceptable por que el TF2 ya cumple en este 2016 sus 9 años desde su entrega y se me hace una tontería de decir eso pro que el OW es de paga y por que uno que no le gusta ese juego lo va comprar para hacer una critica buena pero en cambio los de OW puedes criticar al TF2 en total por que es un juego F2P y muchos jugadores le dan de User Score 9.1 t los críticos 9.2 en cambio el OW tiene miren que es raro decir esto un juego reciclado de un juego de VALVE que por los críticos: 9.1 en pc 9.1 en Xbox one y en Play Station 4 es de 9.0 he pero esperate esa son de los críticos pero la que en verdad importa es del consumidor osease el publico y mira que hay un cambio drástico: PC:7.0, y las mas fatales XboxOne:5.7 y Playe Station 4:6.2
  55. Jun 16, 2016
    Overwatch
    A Great feeling game with not much to do
    Overwatch is an online only multiplayer shooter.. there is no story here other than a quick introduction when the game starts up, and there is no single player campaign.. Its basically play the tutorial and then jump into the action… There are 21 unique feeling characters all separated into 4 different classes, offense, defense, tank
    Overwatch
    A Great feeling game with not much to do
    Overwatch is an online only multiplayer shooter..
    Its basically play the tutorial and then jump into the action…
    There are 21 unique feeling characters all separated into 4 different classes, offense, defense, tank and support.. so you can contribute to your team in any way you please whether that’s getting kills, being a shield, or healing
    Some classes do have more character variety than the other.. but every last character has its own weapon and special abilities with cool downs, so youre guaranteed to find one to match your playstyle, and hopefully youll find at least 1 in each class for whatever each situation calls for, as you can switch characters during the match much like a gun loadout in other competitive multiplayer shooters
    so if youre not feeling one, go down the list until you find your right fit..
    All of this is great,, every character feels useful in their own way..
    The only problem is theres not much here
    There are 12 maps here which is a decent amount of variety, but none stood out to me…
    I can easily name maps in other shooters that are fun to just run around and kill people in..
    But I couldn’t here.. they all really feel the same…
    And evry mission is just objective based…
    You have capture.. escort…and control…
    Basically youre either fighting or defending a section of the map at all times…
    I understand that these are really the only kind of missions that make sense in a game thats about character variety…
    But I’d like to see some innovation beyond just the characters…
    Maybe coming up with modes for each individual classes, such as a team death match for offense and tanks only
    a tower defense for the defense and support team…
    get creative
    Not just the same modes in every other shooter set inside pretty average maps…
    After you’ve put your hours into the game youll level up which unlocks a loot box…
    And inside of these loot boxes are garbage taunts, costumes, and sprays…
    You grind to looks different while you do the same thing for hours on end.
    Which honestly I wouldn’t mind all too much if there was more gameplay variety
    I can only capture and defend for so long
    Negatives aside, Overwatch is a decently fun multiplayer shooter that I feel fans of this genre will enjoy
    I give overwatch an 8.0/10
  56. May 27, 2016
    This is the most fun I have ever spent playing a game since Goldeneye on 64. No lie, this game feels designed for me. I can see it has some less the positive user reviews and I can understand this. If you want a rich story, like to level for ability customization or if you are a COD fanatic this is not the game for you. But don't shy away from it if you feel like you are not good enoughThis is the most fun I have ever spent playing a game since Goldeneye on 64. No lie, this game feels designed for me. I can see it has some less the positive user reviews and I can understand this. If you want a rich story, like to level for ability customization or if you are a COD fanatic this is not the game for you. But don't shy away from it if you feel like you are not good enough for competitive shooters. I am talking to the people who buy Battlefield for the single player mode and want to play multiplayer but feel like they will get creamed and it wont be fun. This is fun. There is a hero for you, believe me you do not have to have a positive KD to be good at this game, that's what makes it great! I hated Battleborn, but love Overwatch it is unique. Give it a try. Expand
  57. Jun 27, 2016
    WARNING! YOU BETTER READ THIS, I THINK IT'S PRETTY IMPORTANT: It has been confirmed that this game has rigged matchmaking, which works to keep every player at 50% winratio or slightly higher. After playing over 500 matches, i can confirm this is true first hand, my winratio HASN'T CHANGED AT ALL since i started playing. For further evidence check masteroverwatch site, virtually everyoneWARNING! YOU BETTER READ THIS, I THINK IT'S PRETTY IMPORTANT: It has been confirmed that this game has rigged matchmaking, which works to keep every player at 50% winratio or slightly higher. After playing over 500 matches, i can confirm this is true first hand, my winratio HASN'T CHANGED AT ALL since i started playing. For further evidence check masteroverwatch site, virtually everyone is at 49-55% winrate (except competetive players from premade teams, and even then there's less than 100 players per platform with 70%+ winrate). But how do they do it? Well, for starters, the most obvious, they put you in bad teams so you're predestined to lose, that happens alot, and makes the game very frustrating. But that's not even all, the matchmaking resorts to much more disgusting methods to keep your winrate in check. For example, you are in a good team that won 2 or 3 matches in a row. Ohh so sorry, we have to disband it, because "there are not enough players", and you're back to lobby looking for a new game, even though there were 11/12 players in that match. After that you're probably put into a losing match 1 minute before it ends. Because f*ck you, you'r W/L is way too high! Sometimes they just don't care and straight out disconnect you out of a match, even though your internet works perfectly (and don't worry, you will never disconnect from a losing game, its always when you're about to win, especially if you're the MVP). Just so we are clear, disconnect = instant lose and no way to return to that match. Of course i've quit the game when learned about this, and i would never buy it to begin with. Only if someone warned me...

Of course this is not a problem if you have 5 friends, who want to play the same game as you, at the same hours as you, and on the same platform... In other words, no. Stay away.
  58. May 24, 2016
    It's a fast team shooter through and through. I've connected very quickly for every match and all the characters compliment each other really well. Visuals are colorful and the map design is great, solid 60fps for me.

We're getting free modes, maps, and characters down the line too so this game will grow over time.

Yeah, I'm enjoying this one. Time to get back in to it
  59. May 24, 2016
    Very fun game. It is a very fun shoot. It is fast and most matches are under 10 min so it is perfect for a short game session. The heroes are all different and different heroes can counter a different hero. For example is Bastion is killing everyone get Road hog and use the hook and Bastion will go down quickly. Unlike Battle Born you are allowed and encouraged to switch heroes. DontVery fun game. It is a very fun shoot. It is fast and most matches are under 10 min so it is perfect for a short game session. The heroes are all different and different heroes can counter a different hero. For example is Bastion is killing everyone get Road hog and use the hook and Bastion will go down quickly. Unlike Battle Born you are allowed and encouraged to switch heroes. Dont forget there will be free maps and heroes that will be available for free. Like Halo 5 micros will be cosmetic only when it is implemented. I also see the trolls are out rating the game as low with no comments those are the morons who have not played or cant comprehend how to play this game. This will be a game that will be in rotation of games for a very long time. Well worth your dime. Expand
  60. Jun 8, 2016
    Blizzard still has allot to prove, the matchmaking is unbalanced, the lack of a sing player to express the story behind overwatch is disappointing, and no improvements was felt when the vouched that they properly balanced the 20 character after getting feedback from the fans.
  61. May 31, 2016
    Games amazing, players are **** retarded, I cant play this game until they come out with a ranked version, tired of getting put on teams that think this game is call of duty.
  62. Jun 9, 2016
    overwatch is a good game i have been playing a lot of it for a good long while. now i have never been a blizzard fan, this being the first real game that i have played of theirs so far i am impressed. the characters are unique and well diversified, if i just showed you a screen shot of any of them you'd know who i was talking about. the game play is easy to pick up and master,so causaloverwatch is a good game i have been playing a lot of it for a good long while. now i have never been a blizzard fan, this being the first real game that i have played of theirs so far i am impressed. the characters are unique and well diversified, if i just showed you a screen shot of any of them you'd know who i was talking about. the game play is easy to pick up and master,so causal player and hard core. never once did i feel like i was being carried or had to carry any member of my team. i can go all day about + so i guess i can hit the negatives there is no main campaign tacked on at the last second. the price maybe a little high for the lack content right now but all things considered i have no problem giving it an 8/10 Expand
  63. Jul 12, 2016
    Honestly, this game is fantastic. They did a good job honing the different characters and figuring out what they were going to create. The game has some drawbacks, but, knowing blizzard, that won't be a problem. This game has an incredible amount of potential and my friends and I have a blast playing it.
  64. Mar 6, 2018
    extremly overrated. This IS NOT a GOTY. It just a good game. The scoreds from the critic are a joke.
  65. May 27, 2016
    This is truly a great summer to be a shooter fan my friends.

This is truly a great summer to be a shooter fan my friends.

Overwatch is a very impressive game that shines in both polish and gameplay design. It really is designed to be about just 2 things: speed and the synergy between characters. It's really enjoyable to both play but also observe the interactions in each match. The game challenges players to constantly learn and become an effective team member that maximizes their contributions.

I agree that it does need more maps and modes however I always feel better about an IP when it has an absolute financial JUGGERNAUT like Blizzard behind it. They will expand and improve the game immensely over the next 12 months and I think players can take that to the bank. I do not like the microtransactions in the slightest however it doesn't approach the absurdity of Halo 5 req packs and it's definitely subtle and not in your face.

Also a little annoyed that I have to drop $60 on the console version and to some it may not be worth that much in it's current state. But right now I can say the Xbox live community is thriving and people are talking. For me, an active and passionate online community for a game adds at least $10 in value and Overwatch has that in spades already.

Finally, I do have Battleborn and absolutely love that game. The comparisons and bashing make me angry b/c they really are different games at their cores. The only area I will compare the 2 is in character design and I give Battleborn the slightest edge just b/c some of them are so out there. Also, I love customizing my character build in each match and that is the ONLY aspect I wish Overwatch had however I understand why they didn't do it.

Regardless, if you have the means get both right now because both games do what they should: BRING A BIG ASS SMILE TO MY FACE WHILE I BLAST SOMEONE AND THAT'S WHAT PLAYING A SHOOTER IS ALL ABOUT
  66. May 29, 2016
    Get a group of friends and have an amazing time. This is the next generation of FPS. The people are hating on this game are sad that their games will become irrelevant once Overwatch reigns king.
  67. May 28, 2016
    Marvellous fun. Loving the consistency of the gameplay and environment and aesthetic and humour, unified and polished. Looking forward to many hours with it. Think Brink but with all issues solved and 5 years of highest quality revamp.
  68. Jun 7, 2016
    I think I've finally come to the point where I am really, genuinely enjoying this game. What I've learned is that what this game lacks in multiplayer variation, it makes up for in excellent gameplay and a surprising amount of replay ability. One of the tricks to getting into Overwatch is learning how to use multiple character. This game isn't about getting kills; it's about playing theI think I've finally come to the point where I am really, genuinely enjoying this game. What I've learned is that what this game lacks in multiplayer variation, it makes up for in excellent gameplay and a surprising amount of replay ability. One of the tricks to getting into Overwatch is learning how to use multiple character. This game isn't about getting kills; it's about playing the objective, and learning how to us character's secret abilities to your advantage. Because of the focus on objective game types, I think the overall experience is much more friendly to people new to FPS's. Good job Blizzard. Expand
  69. May 27, 2016
    Best game so far to play with team mates. Perfectly balanced, fast, beautiful. Its gameplay is amazing and perfect and the team play dynamic requires organization and team work.
  70. May 27, 2016
    In my ten years of gaming (I'm twenty-five), this is the most polished and balanced game I've ever played on launch day. I've always been a fan of CoD and Battlefield, however, CoD has become boring to me, and I need something else to satiate my FPS needs. With a delightful mix of strategy and gun-play, Overwatch has given me a gameplay experience that I haven't felt since CoD 4.

No, this game does not have a campaign. Yes, it costs $60. However, all future DLC will be free for owners of the game. Let's do a comparison between what CoD provides versus Overwatch for someone who wants a fun, semi-competitive FPS. If you're like me and play CoD for the multiplayer only, you'll pay $60 bucks for the base game and have to pay an additional $60 for the season pass, totaling $120 for each CoD's one year life cycle--assuming that you want the new content so the game doesn't get stale. For Overwatch, the initial $60 investment yields the same multiplayer-based return as CoD, only half the price. Also, with Blizzard's commitment to this game, I wouldn't be suprised if I play this game for two years or more--which would cost me at least $240 in the CoD franchise ($120 x 2 years). In lumping Overwatch in with previous multiplayer-only titles, you're doing yourself a great disservice and are completely wrong. Most of these other titles were almost unplayable on launch day, due to bugs and atrocious server performance. Overwatch's release displays Blizzard's respect for its fans; they want their fans to know that they genuinely care about the player experience, unlike some other AAA companies who begin marketing DLC release before the game's online performance issues are even fixed.

Also, the recent two CoD developers (Sledgehammer & Treyarch) have gotten strong-armed by Activision to sell previously season pass included DLC content in supply drops. Blizzard has been a highly successful developer for the last 20 years (Starcraft & WoW) and has the backbone to stand up to Activision and refuse to have their micro DLC be anything other than cosmetic only. While Treyarch has done a fantastic job with BO3, they have been forced to create the contract system for supply drops and other filler content that only decrease the odds of getting the favored rare game content. Also, we have been promised an additional specialist for a while now. Where is it? It's almost time for the next CoD and there have been no additional specialists on the Xbox One, due to Activision forcing Vondy and the boys to include useless melee weapons and idiotic specialist taunts in the drops. I love BO3 and all of the CoD developers, but something has been lost for me over the past few years in the franchise, but I think Overwatch can fill this void for FPS gamers like myself.

Lastly, for the people who say this game is for kids, please remind yourself of what happens in the post-game lobby in BO3 and the rediculous content that was in AW. This game is inherently strategical--much like Team Fortress--and requires its players to constantly adapt to the game situation. For more hardcore gamers like myself, Overwatch has a high skill ceiling with each character and requires more than just fast reflexes. If you've become tired of the CoD franchise, and other tactical shooters have failed to garner your interests--do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Overwatch and re-live the initial euphoria that drew you to online gaming.
  71. Jun 5, 2016
    Extremely addicting game, easily the best of the year. The visuals are gorgeous with creative locations and an amazing art style. Each character is unique and exploding with charm and personality. All of the different play-styles make this game very accessible since you can jump in and find a character that you can gravitate towards. The universe is interesting and is basically a mashExtremely addicting game, easily the best of the year. The visuals are gorgeous with creative locations and an amazing art style. Each character is unique and exploding with charm and personality. All of the different play-styles make this game very accessible since you can jump in and find a character that you can gravitate towards. The universe is interesting and is basically a mash up of The Terminator, Planet of the Apes, Mad Max, The Incredibles, Metal Gear Rising and more.

The gameplay is the main draw, probably the smartest FPS in years. The reliance on teamwork is crucial which is refreshing. Filling in a role to contribute for your team feels a lot more meaningful than simply having a high kill count in other multiplayer games. The game is just extremely satisfying to play. And extremely addicting, you'll find yourself saying "1 more match!" for an hour straight.

Overall the game is extremely creative, has deep gameplay mechanics and is a great mix of shooting and tactical cooperation. Just a great game, plus with free updates on the way it'll only get better and better. GOTY 2016
  72. May 27, 2016
    Overwatch is a blast.Visual treat and a joy to play.I just love the artisic style and it rewards you in small, but pleasing ways (skins etc).I play it as a game that i can pick up,have a half hour moment of madness and move on.Its not the sort of game i feel,or need to grind out for hours on end. Enbrace the backstory vids online which are amazing and bolt it on to the game itself, youOverwatch is a blast.Visual treat and a joy to play.I just love the artisic style and it rewards you in small, but pleasing ways (skins etc).I play it as a game that i can pick up,have a half hour moment of madness and move on.Its not the sort of game i feel,or need to grind out for hours on end. Enbrace the backstory vids online which are amazing and bolt it on to the game itself, you soon enjoy a genuinely fun, just play, have a blast and connect with a collection of of diverce characters that are avalible. Expand
  73. Jun 9, 2016
    First off i'm gonna start by saying this game is AMAZING. Over watch was rated the best Xbox one game of 2016 the 4th most discussed and the 4th most shared on meta critic alone. I have so far put about 24 hours into the game (I've had it for a week) i'm level 23 and I have spent about $30 extra on the game so far (on loot boxes) i have 2 legendary skins (golden) and I am in love with theFirst off i'm gonna start by saying this game is AMAZING. Over watch was rated the best Xbox one game of 2016 the 4th most discussed and the 4th most shared on meta critic alone. I have so far put about 24 hours into the game (I've had it for a week) i'm level 23 and I have spent about $30 extra on the game so far (on loot boxes) i have 2 legendary skins (golden) and I am in love with the game. There is so much detail in this game that just can't go ignored. Every character is fun to play in all game modes. The game feels pretty balanced and really easy to just pick up and play even if you have never played a game like it before. I think that blizzard really did a wonderful job on there newest game and i can't wait to get more updates heroes and maps. Expand
  74. Sep 13, 2016
    While perhaps not as rich in content as other team-based, class oriented multiplayer shooters, Overwatch is still able to make a case for itself thanks to tight gameplay and a strong cast of characters. You have a nice selection to choose from and each of them have their own abilities that set them apart from one another. They do lack true personality, but their different roles on theWhile perhaps not as rich in content as other team-based, class oriented multiplayer shooters, Overwatch is still able to make a case for itself thanks to tight gameplay and a strong cast of characters. You have a nice selection to choose from and each of them have their own abilities that set them apart from one another. They do lack true personality, but their different roles on the battlefield allow you to pick the ones that suit your play style.

Even better is that you can change which character you're using either upon death or back at the spawn point. This ensures that you aren't locked into one character type for the entire match and allows you to change up your approach in order to combat whatever the other team is throwing at you. Each character is effective in their own way, with their own strengths and weaknesses to ensure that the entire thing is fairly balanced.

The depth definitely comes from the characters. Figuring how best to use them and what scenarios they can help you overcome is a blast. Utilizing their different powers makes for frantic, exciting combat. The overall package is missing the potential for true depth though. That is due to the lack of modes.

While what's here is fun and works, the lack of options in the mode department keep it from reaching the true depths of it's tactical potential. With a more diverse selection of match types, the sheer variety of potential situations mixed with the already diverse cast of characters and abilities on display, could have taken this to true heights of depth and strategy, on the fly, in cooperative multiplayer. As Overwatch expands, which is hopefully going to happen, the potential here could be reached and gamers could have another masterpiece on their hands. As of right now though, there are only two modes and an option for custom games. Something that may actually bore gamers after a while.

This is also a multiplayer-only shooter. There's no campaign or single-player content of any kind. That alone could lead gamers to feel like they just got ripped off. Especially since that as of right now the game is still pretty close to that $60 price tag it launched with.

Yet, even if it's a little bare bones in some areas, Overwatch can still provide hours of entertainment. Matches are fun and the characters are great. There's also a great system that lets players pat the person they think did the best in the match, be it on their team or the other, on the back. With a little fleshing out of the modes and personality, Overwatch has the potential to soar to the tops of multiplayer gameplay. As of right now, it's still a great game.
  75. Jul 4, 2016
    I'm not sure if Blizzard threw some money the "professional" critics' direction or they're just playing favorites but do NOT believe the hype. This game is half-baked at best.
  76. Jun 13, 2016
    If you're a fan of team-based, objective, FPS games then this is the one for you. After spending countless hours, days, weeks, and years playing semi-competitive Team Fortress Classic Clan matches I longed for a game that brought back that feeling.

Although TF2 was great, it wasn't what I essentially wanted at that point in time. Over the years I've warmed up to TF2 but Overwatch has hit that sweet spot for me when it comes to fast, competitive, and methodical team based action.

If you're looking for an FPS that isn't just another iteration of CoD with a large user base of children, then Overwatch can fulfill that need.

Right now the content is smaller than what one would expect from a 60$ game but for those who know and love Blizzard, more content will be on the way, and they'll listen to their fan base throughout the life span of the game.

Although, if you're a fan of this genre and style you would know it's not a game with a story per se, a mission, or progression. It's about team work, strategy, and understanding not only your surroundings but players, on both sides.

So strap in and hang tight as Overwatch is a fast and thrilling experience.
  77. May 26, 2016
    This game is certifiably awesome, welcoming to play, difficult to master, something for everyone. It's a must purchase for any shooter fan who likes team play. If you want mindless kill streaks stick with CoD.
  78. May 27, 2016
    This is what a game should be. It's fun and amazing looking. Game play is smooth.
    The move of the match is great compared to the final kill cam.
    I understand why there was so much hype behind this.
  79. May 27, 2016
    Really enjoying this. So many characters yet to try and its hard to call it a night. If your dismayed by people saying there are too few maps then don't worry. Not only are the current ones great but each game is fresh as tram play makes each battle different. Remember: Blizzard has confirmed that future maps and heroes for the game will be free content patches, not paid DLC releases.
  80. May 24, 2016
    All i can say is wow. The overall experience of this game wants me coming back for more. It just goes to show that just having fun in a video game can make the review process so easy! I had no problem hoping in and having a great time. I love each character as they play very uniquely, and have there own flow to them. The balances are very nice, and i see a lot of hate going on about theAll i can say is wow. The overall experience of this game wants me coming back for more. It just goes to show that just having fun in a video game can make the review process so easy! I had no problem hoping in and having a great time. I love each character as they play very uniquely, and have there own flow to them. The balances are very nice, and i see a lot of hate going on about the lack of content. You as the gamer makes the content. Each game has its own variable of different play types, and there is no meta as far as an OP character. Sure some may best to argue that fact, but i can play a character and choose what to do with the opposing enemy. All i can say is THANK YOU BLIZZARD! THANK YOU! Expand
  81. May 24, 2016
    Simply put, I love this game!

I just wanted to address the common complaints I hear about Overwatch, and add my two cents. 1. "There isn't enough content to justify the hefty price tag." This is a matter of personal opinion, it doesn't speak to the merits of the game itself. Personally, although games like Call of Duty have a fleshed out Campaign, I don't get any value out of the
    Simply put, I love this game!

1. "There isn't enough content to justify the hefty price tag."
    This is a matter of personal opinion, it doesn't speak to the merits of the game itself. Personally, although games like Call of Duty have a fleshed out Campaign, I don't get any value out of the single player. I buy xbox games to play online multiplayer -- and Overwatch has some seriously compelling multiplayer! When I read a review I want to hear about the game -- not about how it's too expensive, that's a personal problem!

2. "The netcode is crappy, only 20-tick!"
    I'm not sure if this is an issue on PC, but even on WiFi I enjoy very smooth gameplay with no "dying in cover" moments. The dedicated servers are responsive and from a technical perspective the game gets a 10/10 from me.

3. "Microtransactions are a cash grab."
    The microtransactions are purely cosmetic, who cares?

4. "This game will get boring fast, you just play the same 12 maps over and over again"
    The maps are incredibly well designed and intricate, playing on attack is a totally different experience than defense, which makes 12 maps feel more like 20. Also, it has been announced that new maps and heroes will be released for free.

5. "The game is completely imbalanced"
    This complaint is total hyperbole, the game is very tightly balanced. Sure, some heroes may be a little stronger than others in certain situations, but the balance is incredibly refined, not an easy feat given the degree of asymmetry in nearly every design aspect of the game. In other words, git gud.

Another reason I love this game on XBOX, sniping is much harder with a controller so less 1-shot-one-kill moments which aren't the most fun then when you're on the receiving end.

TL;DR Many of the negative comments are unjustified and should be taken with a grain of salt. If you like fast paced, arcade type shooters pick this game up. Who am I kidding? You probably already have.

82. May 24, 2016
    Blizzard have done it again!! The visuals and gameplay are silky smooth and all characters are fun to play!!
    This will be my 'goto' multiplayer game for a long time.....
    This will be my 'goto' multiplayer game for a long time.....
    A very good selection of maps and classes to play and added stuff like loot drops, skins etc and of course Blizzard will support this game like crazy with new updates and features. For me this is up there with multiplayer heavyweights like Team Fortress 2, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike, Halo, Quake etc
    If you are into class based multiplayer FPS games then look no further :D
  83. May 24, 2016
    This game is a master piece, I haven't had that joy by playing a shooter for sometime..
    We have a bunch of different characters, with different play styles that make you play in a very cooperative way to win as a team!
    The unique characters personality are also very good, as well as graphics, game play and sound effects.
    The only thing that I am missing is a single player mode.
  84. Aug 9, 2016
    Don't be fooled by the accounts here that only rate Blizzard products (all at 10s, naturally), this game is not worth your time. The match making is so random, with team work being so critical, that the odds of a satisfying experience approach zero.
  85. May 31, 2016
    I wanted to hate the game, and I did the beta and I felt put off by it in some areas. The game is straight up Team Fortress 2 2.0. Nothing here is innovative and this game is one in a recent trend for Blizzard of competing against other genres by standing on the shoulders of giants...and taking their ideas to perfection (See Magic: The Gathering/Hearthstone, LoL and Dota2/Heroes of theI wanted to hate the game, and I did the beta and I felt put off by it in some areas. The game is straight up Team Fortress 2 2.0. Nothing here is innovative and this game is one in a recent trend for Blizzard of competing against other genres by standing on the shoulders of giants...and taking their ideas to perfection (See Magic: The Gathering/Hearthstone, LoL and Dota2/Heroes of the Storm, Everquest/WoW). The game might not be innovative, but what they did was amazing, fun, and with TONS of personality.

What put me off at first was that the game "seemed" to lack depth, and being a 60$ multiplayer only title I was VERY reluctant to dive in. But lets look at the gameplay first: it is simple, and easy to jump into. Very easy...but what they did was take the simple Hero shooter formula and married to GREAT level design to allow the levels to be playground for counters and flanks while pushing objective based team play and then incorporated a HUGE cast of very fun Heroes to round things out. Each is very unique that range from Melee Ninjas, NASCAR Sponsored Mech pilots, to gliding medic Valkyrie's and Gunslinging cowboys. Each plays totally different and gives something for everyone stylistically.

Usually I have an issue with no progression, and there is very little progression in this game beyond new skins and emotes and character models (of which the later are pretty impressive in design), but rather the game stands on its STRONG gameplay. Though I said the game is simple, don't make the same mistake I did and assume that it also meant a lack of depth...the skill ceiling is high, very high and thus rewarding players who master a Heroes skill sets, and this point right here has made me fall in love with the game.

Now, the 60$ for Xbox One does suck compared to PC at 40$, in fact I would have rather Blizzard went 40$ on all systems and just make the game digital to avoid manufacturing costs and thus make the games price on par with PC. So, I stepped out on a limb based off of past Blizzard behavior. Blizzard has a GOOD habit supporting their product, so I dived in with the assumption that Blizzard will make good on what they said: free maps and free new heroes.

All in all, this is an amazingly strong shooter with GREAT mechanics and a fun cast. 60$ is pretty high though for the content.
  86. Jun 18, 2016
    One of the best multiplayer games to be released, ever. Some people compare this game to TF2 but I find there to be much more variety among classes and individual characters. Teamwork and class compatibility is necessary to win. If you try to play team deathmatch, you won't like this game nor will you win games. The more I play the game, the more I want to play it as I learn more aboutOne of the best multiplayer games to be released, ever. Some people compare this game to TF2 but I find there to be much more variety among classes and individual characters. Teamwork and class compatibility is necessary to win. If you try to play team deathmatch, you won't like this game nor will you win games. The more I play the game, the more I want to play it as I learn more about different characters. 90% of characters are OP which is a good thing, because they are OP if you know how to play them giving characters huge range. Expand
  87. Jun 5, 2016
    Overwatch suffers from some major problems. Foremost, the lag is horrendous. Servers operate at a tickrate of 20hz. This is slow. I want to like this game, I really do. but i cant...
  88. Jun 9, 2016
    Solid 9

Lots of fun
    Vast selection of fun characters, each with their own personalities
    Those play of the game kill cams are a nice touch

Repetitive maps, need more!!!
    Some guys spam one character which can be annoying
  89. May 25, 2016
    Amazing game. Sad to see all of the trolls giving this game a low score for literally no reason. The graphics are amazing, the characters are charming, and the game play is fun and addicting. and Blizzard will continue to support this game with free maps and characters in the future. And it works perfectly on the Xbox One, the controller handles well for the game. Definitely the funnestAmazing game. Sad to see all of the trolls giving this game a low score for literally no reason. The graphics are amazing, the characters are charming, and the game play is fun and addicting. and Blizzard will continue to support this game with free maps and characters in the future. And it works perfectly on the Xbox One, the controller handles well for the game. Definitely the funnest game I've played in a while. Expand
  90. May 28, 2016
    Lol why is this game getting such negative reviews?? It is actually an extremely fun game that I have enjoyed playing almost non-stop for the days since its release. I won't deny that the game does have a few issues. A few unbalanced characters and abilities such as the turret-builder on defense maps and the fact that if you don't play in a group you are almost certain to die can make theLol why is this game getting such negative reviews?? It is actually an extremely fun game that I have enjoyed playing almost non-stop for the days since its release. I won't deny that the game does have a few issues. A few unbalanced characters and abilities such as the turret-builder on defense maps and the fact that if you don't play in a group you are almost certain to die can make the game annoying at times, but these can be countered with future patches. Having a policy allowing only one of each specific character per team as well as providing an independent (non-group) search queue would go a long way to make this game more balanced. I feel these are the only major issues however as each character does have a lot of depth. Every character has their strengths as well as counters as well as positions in which they perform better. I have only played a handful of the characters and I have yet to understand any completely except for Mercy and Tracer. Whether or not this game will last beyond the first few months of existence is still a question left unanswered but I believe if the fans of this game continue to support it on top of Blizzard continuously working to improve and add content to this game, it can last well into the year and even years to come. The price is hit or miss for people but if you enjoyed the beta or want a unique FPS, it's well worth the $60 retail for what it offers. Expand
  91. Aug 8, 2016
    Story (0/10) - there is none
    Soundtrack (2/10) - voice acting is silly, and childish, while the music is nothing memorable
    Gameplay (1/10) - heroes are unbalanced, there is zero reward for being a skilled player and zero punishment for trolling
    Graphics (2/10) - there are Xbox360 games that look better ( let's say Alan Wake)
  92. May 27, 2016
    Ok to start with this game is not 10/10 I've just put that to counterbalance the morons who are giving it ones.
    It's a 9/10. It would be a ten but it has micro transactions and that always knocks a point off for me.

People saying it doesn't have a story, nope it dosent, but every match tells a story. it's got to be played to be understood, you can't just run around with a gun being Rambo that's not what this game is! If your doing that your missing the point!
    If you refuse to embrace the game you are playing and keep playing the one you were playing *cough cough* cod, then your not going to have a good time, it's not cod! It's overwatch, it's a bit like TF 2 but with much more depth and some amazing maps, they don't top TF 2s maps yet but I can see blizzard pumping one out that might!

Look this game is amazing, if you want to get told a deep story in an "interactive experience " you ain't going to get it here. But if you want the best VIDEO GAME for a generation, come get it!
  93. May 29, 2016
    What a stellar game. I haven't played this fun of a online shooter in many, many years. The User Scores on this site make absolutely NO SENSE, and it sort of ruins Metacritic's credibility.
  94. Jun 12, 2016
    I bought this game for my 13 year old because he was so excited after all the trailers, reviews and screenshots release before.
    Giving up on my self-imposed rule not to buy any game over $20, I paid the pre-order price.
    He got the game, sat down to play and after 2 days he went back to play Team Fortress 2 and agreed to sell it while still worth some money (got to be quick though). I
    I also wanted to give it a chance and spent a few hours to play with it, but it has no appeal to me even though I love FPS games.
    Got back to play CS instead...
    Buy only when it's on sale, but by the time you may find the servers deserted and no one's playing with it anymore.... :(
  95. Jun 18, 2016
    It's amazing how many users are comparing this as a failure to TF2 since it's paid or lacks content for $40, but fail to see the gaming world has change and micro transactions like LoL have stomped out most good PvP franchises.

They have a lot to improve but they also seem to be improving as I played through the beta, so I'm hopeful.
  96. Jun 1, 2016
    How can it be possible find Overwatch with a so low user score? Overwatch runs well in everithing it does! Is it so normal to find a multiplayer game that runs well from the day one? Don't you remember Ghost Recon, or Battlefield 4, where it was impossible to play? Blizzard gave us a game where everything runs well, everything they did is perfect, what is not perfect is not present in theHow can it be possible find Overwatch with a so low user score? Overwatch runs well in everithing it does! Is it so normal to find a multiplayer game that runs well from the day one? Don't you remember Ghost Recon, or Battlefield 4, where it was impossible to play? Blizzard gave us a game where everything runs well, everything they did is perfect, what is not perfect is not present in the game. The game is funny, well balanced, competitive while you play with your full team and user friendly. I can see scripted games (rocket league and so on...) having a higher user score than Overwatch! Are you crazy? If you only consider that the game "is "honest", runs well in everything it does, and that it is funny, well balanced, that each version has been developed from zero (considering the use of the gamepad), you can not give that game a score lower than "8" or "9" . I agree with the metascore, I'm so sad (embittered) looking at players that do not appreciate the great work (localizations, netcode, balance, reactivity (response) of the pad, 1080/60 and so on), that Blizzard did for Overwatch. Maybe tha same players gave a higher score to games where each result is decided by the cpu (somethimes you win , sometimes you lose...) so to maintain always happy the players without demoralizing them, so that thay can continue to play. It is the business in many videogames today. Blizzard knowing that (unfortunately) it is the right way, decided to find an alternative option: in Overwatch you don't have matches piloted by the cpu ( you can find them in many many games!! ), but you will not find the statistics about how many times one of your ally has been killed, or similar things. In each match you will only find "the best of the match", so that no one can make a bad impression to his allies by reading the results of the match. Sorry if my english is not so good, but I had to write , hoping I managed to explain what I wanted to say. Expand
  97. Dec 16, 2016
    Played like 500 hours this year. Paid 60$ one time fee. Received free content and balance updates all year at a pretty high quality. The heroes are each a lot of fun, and just when you feel a little bored with your current picks, you will begin to learn new ones.. this keeps the game going for awhile. Only complaint is the human factor, some matches are ruined by toxic behaviour, butPlayed like 500 hours this year. Paid 60$ one time fee. Received free content and balance updates all year at a pretty high quality. The heroes are each a lot of fun, and just when you feel a little bored with your current picks, you will begin to learn new ones.. this keeps the game going for awhile. Only complaint is the human factor, some matches are ruined by toxic behaviour, but that's not the games fault. Expand
  98. Jun 18, 2016
    Don't listen to the hate, I beg you. This is a game that you have to try in order to understand whether it's for you or not. What do you look for in a shooter? This game offers a wonderful character roster that is so diverse and well thought out, it never gets boring. At least, after about 75 hours of gameplay I'm still hooked.

There is a lack of content from a strictly maps/story

There is a lack of content from a strictly maps/story perspective, but Blizzard has opted for quality over quantity, and it shows. The game is so lovingly crafted to provide you with hours of entertainment with no strings attached. No season pass, no worrying about progression or cards or anything weird that gets in the way of playing. Microtransactions are limited to cosmetics, once you purchase the game that's it. You're done if that's what you want. Blizzard is going to support this game for a long time, you're purchase will still mean something in the coming years.

All in all, this is simply a delightful shooter that has brought me much enjoyment so far this summer and I'll continue to play until it gets old. Which isn't going to be anytime soon...you owe it to yourself to give this game a try and see what all the fuss is about. It truly saddens me that some people are unable to just let go and enjoy the fun that there is to be had, but it's only their loss.
  99. gup
    May 30, 2016
    i have over 24 hours logged on this game, and by far this is one of most fun games i played in a while. The game really shines when you have a couple of buddies playing together. So far, this game is worth the price.
  100. Sep 4, 2016
    THE BEST GAME IN THE UNIVERSE: A game gifted from the GODS of ROCK N ROLL ... It's a HIT!
    And here's why ...
    Blizzard has knocked one out of the park here ... What they may not know is how actually AWSOME this game really is ... or maybe they do? ... cos ... It's perfected to a shiny polish of excellence that illuminates and magnifies all ya top moves ... It has nigh on perfect physics
    And here's why ...
    It has nigh on perfect physics ...
    It makes you feel like a Jedi Master ...
    And if that was not enough ...
    It gives me Hanzo to play with ...
    And the games soars to another level of addiction ...
    Cos ...
    I AM Hanzo! ... only kidding ... but I'n pretty good ( I think )
    But to keep this review short n sweet .. This is what I think in a nutshell ...
    Overwatch is what ALL other games shall now have to strive to match ... Cos with Overwatch, YOU'RE THERE ... In the ZONE ... And it's the perfect balance of skill and fun. It can raise the hairs on yer back all the while spinning its magical world around you and pulling you in ... Overwatch should be main stream TV ... Get with it world ... Gaming is where it's at ... and Blizzard ... please make a Jousting game ... And you'll become the Gaming Gods of Rock n Roll ... Although ... I do believe may already have ...
    Right, enough babble ... I'm going in ... as Hanzo ... I must have the Golden Bow!

Universal acclaim - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jul 14, 2016
    Blizzard at its best, refining a formula until it sings. As good as team-based shooters get. [Aug 2016, p.83]
  2. Jul 13, 2016
    Despite a few drawbacks, which aren't deal breakers, Overwatch is one of the best games I've played this year. It's simplistic nature really allows you to just pick up a controller and shoot everything in sight. This is easily a game that will drain countless hours of your life away thanks to its quality, execution, and simplistic core.
  3. Jun 26, 2016
    The bottom line is that Overwatch is easy to pick up and understand, and amazingly fun to play.