7.0

1. Mar 15, 2018
    I have to be in the mood to play a farming game because it isn’t my favourite genre. Don’t get me wrong if the said farming game is enjoyable and holds my attention then I do thoroughly enjoy my time with that said game, and thankfully Pure Farming 2018 does exactly that. In order to make a successful farming game I feel like it should include a lot of realism when it comes to the gameplayI have to be in the mood to play a farming game because it isn’t my favourite genre. Don’t get me wrong if the said farming game is enjoyable and holds my attention then I do thoroughly enjoy my time with that said game, and thankfully Pure Farming 2018 does exactly that. In order to make a successful farming game I feel like it should include a lot of realism when it comes to the gameplay and Pure Farming 2018 has that in abundance. Every little detail matters here and that makes the immersion in the game very high indeed. Whilst the gameplay is brilliant I think it could have been even better if there was more equipment for you to use, but that really is only a small gripe. The main reason why I’m not a massive fan of these types of games is because I think they make doing certain things too complicated, but Pure Farming 2018 doesn’t do that and the simplicity with the controls also helps and makes it more enjoyable as well. Something that really impressed me about this game was the amount of customisation that’s present throughout. You can literally change anything you want and in my opinion this added freedom makes this game stand out from the other game’s in the genre somewhat. In terms of content the game has more than enough to keep you occupied and you will find yourself staying invested for quite a while, which is what you would expect from a game of this ilk. I was however a little disappointed that there were no multiplayer options present and in my opinion I think the developers have missed a trick here because it would have given the game even more replayability and it would have also made itself accessible to more gamers. The presentation side of the game definitely tickled my fancy right from the get go and that was mainly down to the amount of effort that’s been put in here. Visually the game looks great and is packed full of little details and when you combine that with the very good Sound design it does a fantastic job of making the farming life come alive. At the end of the day Pure Farming 2018 surprised me a great deal because I didn’t think I would enjoy the game as much as I did. They make doing things very accessible and by not over complicating things it meant that I never got frustrated doing certain jobs which often happened with the other games I’ve played like this before. If you’re a fan of these types of games then I thoroughly recommend that you give it a go and I would even recommend this game to people who aren’t massive fans as well. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 3, 2018
    Despite its numerous bugs, Pure Farming 2018 is a game made with love. It even shows many novelties we'd like to see in other games.
  2. Apr 27, 2018
    There’s nothing inherently fun about Pure Farming 2018, the fun comes from wherever you, the player, can obtain it. For me, like I said before, it was listening to country music and watching the days wind down one after the other. Despite that slow grind based enjoyment though, this title doesn’t offer a lot in the way of keeping me engaged. It’s a game that you’ll play and probably like for a time, but your enjoyment will slowly peter out until you want to play something that does more to keep your attention.
  3. Apr 26, 2018
    Farming is hard work and takes time, and it’s no different here. You’re going to have to put in the hours to have a large, successful and profitable farm, but if you’re willing to do so, you’ll enjoy all that there is to do in Pure Farming 2018 that the competition simply doesn’t offer. If mod support and multiplayer are included in the hopeful sequel, there will be some serious farm sim competition in the genre.