7.9

1. Nov 9, 2018
    The presentation side of the game is simply stunning and both the visuals and sound design create an immersive experience that stays with you throughout. I love a good story and Red Dead Redemption 2 delivers in all areas here keeping things interesting and exciting at all times. There’s a ton of content for you to get to grips with and you will definitely not be getting bored anytime soonThe presentation side of the game is simply stunning and both the visuals and sound design create an immersive experience that stays with you throughout. I love a good story and Red Dead Redemption 2 delivers in all areas here keeping things interesting and exciting at all times. There’s a ton of content for you to get to grips with and you will definitely not be getting bored anytime soon because the content has tons of variety as well. I really enjoyed the world in which the game takes place in because the detail is off the charts and traversing around the nooks and crannies always feels rewarding. Each different mechanic that’s present in the game has been done to perfection and the best thing is that they all feel important and combine together extremely well. There’s plenty of progression to be made in a number of key areas and the way you’re able to interact with NPC’s is very clever and creative to say the least. It does take a while for the game to get going at the start. Overall Red Dead Redemption was a masterpiece in my opinion and without a doubt it was my favorite game that Rockstar had ever done. The reason I say was is because Red Dead Redemption 2 is now my favourite Rockstar game of all time and to say it reached my huge expectations and then some would be a massive understatement. My excitement levels for this game were simply off the charts and after only a few hours with this game it became quite clear that a lot of love and effort has gone into all areas. Visually the game looks superb and when you combine that with the stunning and very immersive sound design you end up experiencing an adventure and story like no other. If that wasn’t enough then you also get mechanics and gameplay that are compelling at all times and you won’t be getting bored anytime soon either because there’s more than enough varied content here to keep you satisfied for a while. In terms of problems the game basically doesn’t have any and apart from a slow start you won’t find any issues within the fantastic world in which the game takes place in. At the end of the day then I can’t recommend Red Dead Redemption 2 enough because it’s took what was good from the first game and improved it while also adding its own unique features, and when it’s all said and done I can definitely see this game ending up being game of the year for 2018, with Tomb Raider coming in 2nd. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2018
    Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't a game that should be taken lightly. This is true in most of Rockstar's long list of games, which often overwhelm the player with their sheer size and mechanical depth. Red Dead Redemption 2, however, stands out as a pinnacle among masterpieces. You may, understandably, assume that I'm simply riding the "Red Dead hype wagon" but, unless the game drasticallyRed Dead Redemption 2 isn't a game that should be taken lightly. This is true in most of Rockstar's long list of games, which often overwhelm the player with their sheer size and mechanical depth. Red Dead Redemption 2, however, stands out as a pinnacle among masterpieces. You may, understandably, assume that I'm simply riding the "Red Dead hype wagon" but, unless the game drastically changes after the first 10 hours or so, this is certainly not the case.

From what I've experienced so far, Red Dead Redemption 2 offers the player an unprecedented amount of options in what to do and how to tackle the, both optional and integral parts of the game. Fortunately these options do not overwhelm the player, but are instead revealed progressively, allowing you to first master what is already there. After several hours spent with the game I was still constantly being surprised by a steady stream of new features and added complexity to pre-existing mechanics.

All this depth, however, wouldn't be worth 2 cents if it wasn't for the incredibly high degree of fine tuning and polishment that went into the game. The frame rate stays smooth and constant throughout the whole experience and, incredibly enough, so far I haven't encountered a single bug during my 14 hours of playing the game. Rockstar have certainly nailed the shooting mechanics, but there are also more discreet options for those who aren't completely certain that lead is the be-all end-all problem solver.

To summarize: Red Dead Redemption 2 is a must buy for anyone looking for a deep and fleshed out experience, that gradually unfolds during many hours of game time. It's not a game that you can rush through over the weekend (though, admittedly, I myself might in retrospect have been a bit too hasteful in order to experience as much as possible in a short time window). If you're willing to put in the time however, Red Dead Redemption 2 is guaranteed to offer you a complete and thrilling experience, brimming with possibilities for the player to discover. If I have one complaint regarding the game it's that it didn't come out sooner.
  3. Oct 26, 2018
    This game is so much. Looks fantastic on Xbox One X. Looking forward to online mode.
  4. Oct 28, 2018
    Without a doubt the best game ive ever played, a true Next Generation game. The visuals the sound and the attention to detail makes this the most immersive game ever. The characters and the story is also one of the best from rockstar. Also see the return of characters like Jon marsten make you even more connected to the game. The game is deserving of a 10. The best open ive played in aWithout a doubt the best game ive ever played, a true Next Generation game. The visuals the sound and the attention to detail makes this the most immersive game ever. The characters and the story is also one of the best from rockstar. Also see the return of characters like Jon marsten make you even more connected to the game. The game is deserving of a 10. The best open ive played in a very long time. Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2018
    I understand everyone has different tastes in games, but with that being said the people giving this game a 4 or lower are just being ridiculous. Regardless of how you feel about it personally there is no doubt that this is one of the most finely crafted video games ever made, there's no subjectivity about it.
  6. Oct 26, 2018
    Lamentablemente tengo que decir, que la comunidad gamer es sucia, embustera y mediocres. En la página de metacritics de Xbox y aquí de PS4 se llenaron de gamers de Pc. Ya niños ratas criticando algo que no jugaron. Las personas muchas veces como aquí queda reflejado son mediocres Aguante Rockstar Y #RedDeadRedemption2 #RDR2
  7. Oct 26, 2018
    Excelent performance, good graphics, good sound and gameplay, best game so far on the xbox one x
  8. Oct 26, 2018
    Amazing game, simply amazing! From the immersion, to the world building, to the writing, this game is fantastic!
  9. Oct 30, 2018
    Сосните х.йца пк-бояре, как же всё-таки бомбят ваши жопы от отсутствия игры на Intel core I9 и RTX 2080ti! муахахахахахаха

10 сморщенных яичек из 10!

P.s. Игра унылая...
  10. Oct 26, 2018
    Benchmark of console games for this generation. Not many negative things to say about the game when you are getting use to how things work in the game.
  11. Oct 26, 2018
    Excelente juego en Xbox one x 4k nativos impresionante, definitivamente el juego se disfruta muchísimo más en esta consola
  12. Oct 26, 2018
    Somebody is spamming the user's review with the same negative review. Played 10 hours of it and I am bored. Never gonna play it again. Played this already ten years ago, it's the same thing. Same game. Same game.
  13. Oct 26, 2018
    This game is amazing, the attention to detail is next level. Game of the year for sure. Do not listen to all the salty PC players. Hopefully they will dry their tears and move on shortly.
  14. Oct 26, 2018
    now yes here is the best version of the game because now if the gaming experience is the best and with real 4k not like the competition that lies
  15. Oct 26, 2018
    Its time to say thx for rockstar for the best expirience on xbox one x
    And this is the time wen burning negative points from pc users makes game more great 11/10
  16. Oct 26, 2018
    This game looks better on the xbox compared the ps4, why the user score difference? is the same game after all, besides the graphics.
  17. Oct 26, 2018
    A perfect experience game. Open world gameplay, story... Everything. And it's great on Xbox One X.
  18. Oct 26, 2018
    juego mde 10 lastimas que los haters vengan a crearse cuenta a darle negativos lamentable
  19. Feb 22, 2019
    The biggest problem with this game is that we won't have another one like that until at least 10 years.

Because there is only one studio in the world capable of giving 7 years of its time and ressources to create such a perfect work of art. And this studio will first release a new GTA in 2 or 3 years. And then they'll be able to offer us a more mature project like RDR2. The game

The game looks absolutely gorgeous on Xbox One X.
    The animations in this litteraly made me want to chop woods, drink coffee, ride horses, hunt etc etc...

Rockstar seems to be picking the best from every studio has to offer, you can see some of Ubisoft work, Kojima's work and many more and it's like they're giving a masterclass. They're saying through the game : "Hey students, look at how you should do things".

How many games, in every day and age, can offer you a Solo story of a 100 hours ?
    CD Projekt said they wanted to do Something like RDR2, well I really like CDPR and it's great that they want to learn from the best because we absolutely need more projects like that.
  20. Dec 10, 2018
    This is the highest achievement in art and games. While I gave it a rating of 10 it is not perfect but compared to other games Red Dead Redemption 2 stands head and shoulders above all else. I say this not only as a gamer but also as a game developer. There are some things that may seem rough around the edges but everything in this game is deliberate and indeed sets itself apart from allThis is the highest achievement in art and games. While I gave it a rating of 10 it is not perfect but compared to other games Red Dead Redemption 2 stands head and shoulders above all else. I say this not only as a gamer but also as a game developer. There are some things that may seem rough around the edges but everything in this game is deliberate and indeed sets itself apart from all other games ever released. Period. Does it cater to the lowest common denominator? Hardly. There are and will be detractors but those will be from those who are used to everything being laid out for them mindlessly in a wash of a saturated game market where fast and loose is rote. Red Dead 2 is a game to be savored with a map to be explored and missions to seek out without relying on map blips or text overlay directing which way to go. The story is immersive and easily the most cinematic of all games Rockstar has produced. All characters are deep and unique. The environments are lush and vistas unmatched by any other developer of open world games. While the main story takes anywhere from 50-60 to complete I easily surpassed those numbers to soak up every possible side mission and quest that I would stumble upon as well as using the companion app and strategy guide to seek out. The companion app itself is a great way to view the world map, shop for in-game items read the strategy guide or manual and/or track play progress while comparing with friend's progress as well. The online portion is still in Beta development but once ironed out will make Red Dead Online the future of online gaming as successor to GTA Online. There is so much to do, over 500 different animals to seek out and hunt and fish. Even portions of the map from Red Dead Redemption 1 are included as part of gameplay in both single and online play. This is a stunning achievement on many levels. The number and quality of systems designed for this game are well beyond and much more enjoyable than say things going on in the most recent Assassin's Creed games. The limitations on certain aspects make complete sense. However with such detailed systems in a console title there are controller input limitations causing some controller input schemes to be layered but once understood players can select items fairly quickly and get easier to use as one goes along. I am having such a great time playing both single and online in RDR2 that I will be playing this game for longer that I ever did GTA V/Online (played through single player at least 3 times on that one and was regularly playing Online until this was released). Once online is filled out with the types of content we expect I can only imagine playing this game for the foreseeable future indefinitely only to be interrupted by other releases along the way, only to return here. This is the only game that caused my to purchase a new 4K TV and Home Theater system to get the most out of this game. A decision I do not regret. All benchmarks for performance agree that the XBox One X is the system to play Red Dead 2 on and I cannot agree more. Get this game. It is a muts have for current generation consoles. Expand
  21. Dec 6, 2018
    i love this game! its so immersive and the side stories are well told. Sometimes i just ride through the world to see what happens!
  22. Nov 16, 2018
    This is the end. This is possibly the end of great games. With so many developers going mobile with P2W and buying in to the hype around multiplayer, RD2 takes you on a journey perhaps only the Witcher 2 can take you on XB1. Set aside your incessant need for what other games have. This is Rockstar and once again, they show its good to be King. For those willing to go full on method gamersThis is the end. This is possibly the end of great games. With so many developers going mobile with P2W and buying in to the hype around multiplayer, RD2 takes you on a journey perhaps only the Witcher 2 can take you on XB1. Set aside your incessant need for what other games have. This is Rockstar and once again, they show its good to be King. For those willing to go full on method gamers and immerse themselves in what Rockstar is wanting, the end result is nothing short of amazing. You will find yourself staring out your window while driving imagining stars on a squirrel pelts. You will laugh internally at the banter between characters while waiting in the Subway line. The fact that John Marston was so loved in the initial RD only to be trumped by Arthur Morgan is nothing short of miraculous. The level of detail in one square inch of the map is more than some games can muster in their whole package. Should you desire to race through the story, fine. Even that will have you searching 2019 western Halloween costumes. The substance of gaming has been immersion. It’s marveling at being James Bond in Goldeneye. It’s being ok as a male imagining the fear Lara Croft felt inside the tombs. This has been the secret to success in the gaming world and Rockstar takes that 88 mile an hour fastball and delivers squarely into the seats. This is however a game of patience and perspective. If you operate at the speed of light, this isn’t for you. If you have a collapsed A button because you RESPAWN RESPAWN RESPAWN, don’t do it. But if you ever wondered what it might be like living in the Wild West then there is absolutely nothing out there that will get you closer. Assassins Creed Odyssey was a marvel to look at sailing acoss the sea watching the sun rise. Red Dead makes ACO look last gen in some aspects. In today’s age with gamers getting younger and younger and the progression of gaming steering further and further from immersion, Red Dead 2 cures what ails you. Slick gunplay, astonishing visuals, a moral meter that not only changes gameplay but rewards your efforts for it. Customization beyond any expectations that do more than cosmetically change your character scratch the itch for those needing to change it up depending on the situation. Gun customization that again, does more than just create shine. But deeper than all of that lies a story etched in stone. Yet another cast of characters forever etched in video game lore. And yet another GOTY title lurking on the horizon. Whether this game appeals to your needs or not you owe it to yourself to play a 10/10 title. Don’t be the guy that read reviews about its pace and stayed away. I promise you one thing, spend some time with this game and allow it to consume you. Let it flow through your gaming cortex like you would a COD cash grab and marvel at what Rockstar has done. If not for Rockstar alone, then for the industry itself. You would pay to go see Michael Jordan play for the Bulls if they came to town. You would pay to see Lebron James play front and center near you. Then why would you not pay witness to this years greatest game? There are titles scattered all across the gaming universe that went seemingly untouched but by a few (looking at you Dragons Dogma). Don’t let this be one. The world is full of sheep. Reviewers that put down Fortnite and expect to be chugging Mountain Dew while guns are blazing are not going to be happy. But again, and I mean no disrespect in saying so; comparing something like Fortnite to RD2 would be like comparing a Cadillac to a Kia. This is something more. This is something great. How many times does greatness show itself in today’s age. How many times can you afford to let it pass. You owe it to yourself to be part of something happening now. Stop following the scalp in front of you and take the pass to the left. Sit down, saddle up and blaze hell, or slightly less hell if you choose to do so. I promise you this, if you do not, you will stumble across a review months from now and that feeling? Yeah that’s the one. THAT feeling you get when you know you should have played it but Bobby and Suzy and Mark were too busy building ramps while shooting fireworks at 10 year olds and you just couldn’t pull away because......

Anti Nike that. Don’t do it.

Don’t be the one to miss this game.

Nothing like a Rockstar,. Game, that is.
  23. Nov 16, 2018
    Probably the best game i've ever played. This game has everything, reality, great story, one of the best graphics that i've ever witness with my Xbox one X. I've played 75 hours with this game, and i haven't finished it. I had a lot of years since i enjoyed a game so much. Thanks Rockstar, thanks Arthur Morgan. The experience that this game has given me is beyond measure
  24. Nov 19, 2018
    It's simply the future of sandbox videogames. Game of the year 2018 for me, 10/10.
  25. Nov 15, 2018
    This game was a perfect 10. And then it got twice as good when started playing with headphones. All of those conversations... hunting by sound... map is superb. Scenery is damn pretty. Missions interesting. Animation... Justifies every one of those 70 euros. Cant wait pc release with higher framerate tho.
  26. Nov 14, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Red dead redemption 2 is a great game, being a prequel to the first Red Dead Redemption it had a lot to live up to, which it did. Red Dead Redemption 2 has one of the best story modes I have played in a long time, it introduces the new main character Arthur Morgan who is a member of the Dutch van der lin gang who wants to be an outlaw in a world growing more with civilization. This game introduces features that are great like cleaning your gun and being able to upgrade and customize your horses saddle. There are some features that feel like their there just be there, like how you have to shave every other day if you want to keep a clean face, and how you have to eat to keep your cores replenished. But that’s what rockstar wanted they wanted this game to feel as real as it could be, they make you feel like you are living in 1899, that’s why you have to eat, shave and pull down the hammer or the lever on the gun to shoot again and you have to wait for the your to get center mass again. Another great thing about this game is the acting, the voice acting and physical acting is life like and realistic. They characters have conversations ranging from their personal life’s how they are feeling about other characters and their distrust of Dutch and Micah. This game also in its cutscene uses elements that directors of films use. It uses a lot of non diegetic sound which sound the audience can hear but not the characters in the game. It also uses light in a perfect way, in the end of the game when Arthur sends John away to be with his family Arthur gets in a fight with Micah, Arthur loses this fight and as he is sitting on the ground as he dies he looks off into the distance, and sees the sun rise, it kinda acts of symbol of Arthur hopes for John raises as he dies, this let’s Arthur die happy because he feels like in all of his life he has done bad, he thinks this time he has done something good. The closing statement I have about this game is that is amazing but not perfect it offers new and fun features but also some ones that feel like they could’ve been left out. The game suffers from repetitive missions which usually end up in a shoot out, riding your horse long distances just to start missions that end up making you leave on your horse. I still think that this game has a potential to be one of the best games of 2018 if not the best. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2018
    Awesome game on XBox One X with great animations and outstanding attention to detail to everything . To turn the auto aim makes the game more challenging but with it on it can progress you through the generous main story quickly . The animations are superb with a great depth to each character with random NPCs that seem to have a life of their own . Animals decay and dead people are takenAwesome game on XBox One X with great animations and outstanding attention to detail to everything . To turn the auto aim makes the game more challenging but with it on it can progress you through the generous main story quickly . The animations are superb with a great depth to each character with random NPCs that seem to have a life of their own . Animals decay and dead people are taken away by NPCs that bring the vast map to life in ways that the tracking of each player events seems technically amazing for the complexity . I have not encountered any real bugs yet and seems flawless in most game activities . The music and sound are great with some great moments . So far this seems the best game I have seen this year and if it is available on PC , it would be amazing to see this at a high frame rate at 4K with rich HDR . The side activities are too numerous to list and doing novel activities can take up as much time as the main story . To conclude R* have created in my opinion a masterpiece . Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2018
    Good settings, good main characters, interesting missions most of the time, overall fun as a pass time so no complaints from me.
  29. Nov 18, 2018
    Easily the best game I have ever played- everything about it- the story, the world, the graphics, the mechanics, the animations, the dialogue, the characters, the progression- is perfect. This is a must buy, you are missing out if you have not played this.
  30. Nov 24, 2018
    This is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It is so fun and the fact that it's extremely open world is also amazing. The graphics are spectacular. Sometimes it can get annoying because you can't save in missions and some of those missions take so long. Sometimes the game is too 'hardcore' for me so I need a break but I truly believe its the best game ever created.
  31. Nov 14, 2018
    Absolutely stunned by the quality of this game. One of the best looking, sounding, feeling etc. game of the last 10 years.

PROS -Fantastic graphics (world looks stunning and detail is second to none) -Top notch story/writing (one of the best video game stories ever excluding the dreaded G****a) -Seemingly endless strangers to encounter, animals to hunt, easter eggs to find -All

PROS
    -Fantastic graphics (world looks stunning and detail is second to none)
    -Seemingly endless strangers to encounter, animals to hunt, easter eggs to find
    -All around great voice acting
    -Side activities are almost as fun as the main story
    -One of the best video game protagonists of all time

Cons
    -Slow, floaty controls
    -Minor story faltering in middle acts

This game is a must buy. The review bombing is evident here, this game is a masterpiece.
  32. Nov 14, 2018
    sin palabras, excelente, simplemente sin temor a equivocarme el mejor videojuego de la generación, si eres un jugador casual y quieres diversión rápida y sencilla este juego no es para ti, pero en cambio si te gusta adentrarte, explorar, investigar, vivir y sentir que eres tu el que vive la experiencia este es el juego indicado, 100% recomendado, lo jugué en xbox one x y es simplementesin palabras, excelente, simplemente sin temor a equivocarme el mejor videojuego de la generación, si eres un jugador casual y quieres diversión rápida y sencilla este juego no es para ti, pero en cambio si te gusta adentrarte, explorar, investigar, vivir y sentir que eres tu el que vive la experiencia este es el juego indicado, 100% recomendado, lo jugué en xbox one x y es simplemente impresionante, no creía que un juego fuera capaz de verse de tal manera... pd. no le hagan caso a los heaters que califican con un "0" o una calificación baja, la mayoria o tal vez todos son usuarios de pc que no pueden disfrutar el juego o en el peor de los casos de ps4 que no pueden disfrutar el juego a 4k nativos. Expand
  33. Nov 16, 2018
    Эта игра... Идеальна.
    Сюжет проработан до мелочей и точно не вдохновлялся Teltaleами.
    Геймплей разнообразный. Допустим, ты хочешь ограбить NPC, Вот варианты это сделать: 1)Ограбить мирно, не прибегая к убийству; 2)Грохнуть без лишних проблем4 (за исключением той детали, что другие жители могут подать заяву, если увидят труп рядом с тобой, так что либо ты играешь тихо, либо готовься
    Эта игра... Идеальна.
    Сюжет проработан до мелочей и точно не вдохновлялся Teltaleами.
    1)Ограбить мирно, не прибегая к убийству;
    2)Грохнуть без лишних проблем4 (за исключением той детали, что другие жители могут подать заяву, если увидят труп рядом с тобой, так что либо ты играешь тихо, либо готовься прятать трупики в детализированные кусты. Ну или уговаривай его как школьник своего тиммейта в непроивзойдёной CS:GO чтоб он не звонил твоей мамке и не рассказывал как ты материшься)
    3)Связать NPC, ограбить и дальше по ситуации.
    Графика: описывать не буду, это Rockstar, сами всё знаете.
    Музыка: отличная.

10 пк-бояр из 10
  34. Feb 23, 2019
    Red Dead Redemption 2 is a "once in a generation" game. In Red Dead Redemption 2, you assume the role of the outlaw-gunslinger Arthur Morgan. Throughout the game you will have to make choices that determine the man Arthur is. The game is spread out through 6 chapters. The intro mission in Chapter 1 combines strong visuals, voice acting, phenomenal music, and gameplay elements that you willRed Dead Redemption 2 is a "once in a generation" game. In Red Dead Redemption 2, you assume the role of the outlaw-gunslinger Arthur Morgan. Throughout the game you will have to make choices that determine the man Arthur is. The game is spread out through 6 chapters. The intro mission in Chapter 1 combines strong visuals, voice acting, phenomenal music, and gameplay elements that you will use throughout the game. Rockstar has set the bar for written narratives in not just video games, but in entertainment as a whole. Arthur is the trusted associate to the gang's leader Dutch Van Der Linde, whom we met in the first Red Dead Redemption game. You get to learn about all members in the gang, you talk to them, sit around campfires with them, and go out on missions with them. The game has some of the most memorable quotes from all of video games, and some amazing dialogue between Arthur and characters throughout the game. Rockstar has also set the bar for open world games. Many games have advertised their open world as a "fully breathing and living world", but they failed on that promise. Rockstar has completely nailed that aspect of delivering a true open world. You are able to interact with every single NPC in the game, with the option of "greet" or "antagonize". Every npc responds differently both initially, and after you interact with them. Rockstar has added such elements as, if you kill an npc their family members could come hunt you down, and if you kill someone an npc can respond to the blood on your clothes. You can go to the barber, go fishing, rob a man, save a man's life, go have a time at the saloon, and so much more. The game does have some gameplay issues though. Player movement can feel a little clunky at times, meaning you don't feel as comfortable moving around. The cover system can mess up at times, and really screw you over in a gunfight. The core system felt a little tedious at times, but never really never bothered me because provisions (which are needed to refill your 3 cores: health, stamina and dead eye) are really accessible. While riding your horse, to fall off and get yanked by trees, rocks, and other things in the environment. Many parts of the game would feel boring since you are just riding your horse around, but I really liked it when you were riding with fellow gang members because of the conversations you would have. Onto the positives about gameplay. Dead Eye returns from RDR, which is the ability to slow down time and mark enemies to fire all at once, and it is bad***. Gunfights are fun and some of the Arthur's sarcasm during the gunfights are hilarious. While riding your horse, you have the ability to press either square or x to jump on to someone else's horse. The way you can explore the environment, whom you come across, what you come across (such as a KKK meeting) is amazing. Rockstar has implemented thousands of secrets into the game, many will probably never be found until after RDR3 comes out. The elements of storytelling Rockstar implemented in the dialogue is astonishing, especially their use of foreshadowing and irony. Since this is a prequel to Red Dead Redemption, they set the bar for how a prequel should be done. Unlike the X Men movies or the Star Wars prequels, every single thing in Red Dead Redemption makes sense now. Rockstar connected these two perfectly. The way you play as Arthur Morgan, the you do everything with him, the way you decide who he is, the way you follow him through his journey, Roger Clark's performance as Arthur, easily makes him one of the greatest protagonists in all of gaming. Clark's acting in some of these cutscenes is amazing, and without going into spoilers, you won't forget this game. this review can't do justice to how amazing this game is, all I can say is, get the game (after watching or playing the first one), take your time, and you won't regret it. Despite some flaws in the gameplay, Red Dead Redemption 2 was an amazing ride from start to finish and one that I wish I could play for the first time again. Expand
  35. Dec 9, 2018
    This game is arguably one of the best games of all time.

If you like realism, this game is for you. There is nothing for me to hate about this game, it is dangerously immersive. The graphics are the best I have ever seen on the Xbox One X and they hold up to be way above average on the standard Xbox One. This game is like playing something from the future. It is based on
    This game is arguably one of the best games of all time.

If you like realism, this game is for you.

There is nothing for me to hate about this game, it is dangerously immersive. The graphics are the best I have ever seen on the Xbox One X and they hold up to be way above average on the standard Xbox One. This game is like playing something from the future. It is based on hyper-realism, meaning that it will take you a while to ride to your destination if it is miles away, that's the point. The tiny details in the game all mount up to making the world around you feel alive. I'll list a few: Horses and NPCs don't respawn, there are no repeated character models. If one dies, it never comes back into the game. NPCs all have separate daily lives and friendship groups. (Youtube: Following NPCs around RDR2). Your horses balls shrink when its cold (yes there is a weather system with temperature that is location and time dependant). Bodies of animals and humans decompose over days. You need to eat, drink and wash. Your facial and head hair actually grows over time and you can keep it trimmed if you want to. If your hat gets shot off, there will be a bullet hole where it hit it for the rest of the game unless you buy a new one. You need to clean and maintain your guns to keep them shooting accurately. You have to feed and bond with your horse for it to fully trust and listen to you like in real life. New horses have to be broken in to be ridable like in real life. You carry guns realistically, not hiding them up inside your ass like in GTA. There is so much in this, it would be difficult to list them all. What i love even more, I have completed the game after about 120 hours and there is STILL loads of content that I didn't know about.

Conversations feel real, the story and voice acting is fantastic, the characters leave you feeling like they are actually in your life. There are moments where you forget you are playing a game. Honestly, If this was based around first-person then this would be dangerously immersive and I love that.

If you take gaming a bit too seriously like I do and want to get immersed inside a new world, then this is the best money you will ever spend.
  36. Nov 23, 2018
    I absolutely love this game. Open world is amazing. AI is great. I love the story. There's lots of missions to take up your time and expand on the story of the west.
  37. Dec 8, 2018
    Red dead redmption II 100% masterpice best game of i don't understend peoples ho told game boring
  38. Nov 14, 2018
    It's a Rockstar single player game. You know the deal. Performance is unmatched, graphics and world feel both beautiful and alive and the story and characters take you on a journey you won't forget.
  39. Dec 2, 2018
    Pros:

1. Great story and characters. 2. Great dialogue. 3. Tons of content. Solid content too. Not much filler. 4. Great graphics. As good as Witcher 3 (if not better). Cons: 1. Bad input lag. 2. Overly complicated and convoluted control system. 3. Bad honor system. I've killed a lot of innocent folk but because I've also greeted a lot of folk I'm somehow this really
    Pros:

1. Great story and characters.
    2. Great dialogue.
    3. Tons of content. Solid content too. Not much filler.
    4. Great graphics. As good as Witcher 3 (if not better).

Cons:

1. Bad input lag.
    2. Overly complicated and convoluted control system.
    3. Bad honor system. I've killed a lot of innocent folk but because I've also greeted a lot of folk I'm somehow this really honorable cowboy.
    4. Everyone in the game rushes you to hurry up all the time and it's annoying.
  40. Dec 13, 2018
    Read Dead 2 is the great American Novel they told you about in English class. The nuanced story and well-developed characters tell a tale about America's violent and morally nebulous past and how that informs the power dynamics of today's society. There are plenty of open world games on the market, but every time Rockstar releases a new entry, they remind gamers how skilled they are atRead Dead 2 is the great American Novel they told you about in English class. The nuanced story and well-developed characters tell a tale about America's violent and morally nebulous past and how that informs the power dynamics of today's society. There are plenty of open world games on the market, but every time Rockstar releases a new entry, they remind gamers how skilled they are at creating detailed, immersive worlds that take us to places of quiet beauty and kinetic destruction. I challenge anyone to think of another artist or group of artists who deliver works of such consistent quality. The closest I can think of is Scorsese or Tarantino. There's a reason why they spend so much time on a single game whereas other AAA developers release a steady stream of schlock every year. There are glitches and annoyances here and there but overall this is the best open world title since GTA V and a worthy entry in the Rockstar canon. Expand
  41. Dec 16, 2018
    RDR2 is the most detailed game in history, plus contains the best "open world" character in a video game. Incredible!
  42. Jan 26, 2019
    This game is incredible. One of my favorite games of the generation. There's so much to see and do. The missions are almost all interesting and fun. The controls take a little getting used to but once I did get used to them I had no issue with them. The story it tells is easily one of the very best in gaming. And the open world visuals and details are pretty much the best I've ever seen inThis game is incredible. One of my favorite games of the generation. There's so much to see and do. The missions are almost all interesting and fun. The controls take a little getting used to but once I did get used to them I had no issue with them. The story it tells is easily one of the very best in gaming. And the open world visuals and details are pretty much the best I've ever seen in a game. I immensely enjoyed my time in the game. It's a landmark achievement. Expand
  43. Jan 23, 2019
    21st Century graphics. 20th Century gameplay.
    Visually stunning, yet frustrating in equal measure.
  44. Feb 9, 2019
    One of the greatest, most emotional single player expereinces I've felt in a long time. A perfect blend between action and story. Only downside is the rough experience with online that I'm just going to ignore didn't even happen.
  45. Sep 29, 2019
    Easily without question in my top 5 best games ever played. A masterpiece. Almost all of the points made by bad or moderate user reviews are ridiculous and are either flat out wrong, are personal preference issues or are nitpicks.
  46. Nov 19, 2018
    Masterpiece specially on the One x with true 4k . a video game standard for future games Rockstar always ahead of his time . very polish game I find my self just roaming and blown away with theses graphics all the Sony ponys here giving it a bad review I am a gamer and game on all plataforms.
  47. Nov 14, 2018
    Masterpiece. The care that went into this game is obvious. The quality of the graphics are probably what stun me most, because previous Rockstar games have always been a little bit behind the curve in my opinion. In this case though, the world is beautiful, the characters are solid, and the technical implementation (e.g., lighting) is nearly flawless. Rockstar has also never beenMasterpiece. The care that went into this game is obvious. The quality of the graphics are probably what stun me most, because previous Rockstar games have always been a little bit behind the curve in my opinion. In this case though, the world is beautiful, the characters are solid, and the technical implementation (e.g., lighting) is nearly flawless. Rockstar has also never been exceptional with fluid believable animations before, and they aren't perfect here either, but they are way way way better than I expected, and totally on par with other AAA games. I never hit any bugs. The story and character progression are thought provoking and heart wrenching at times. The music and sound design are second to none. While there are great big moments, like train heists, that's exactly what I'd expect of a modern video game. They are fun, but what really demonstrates the quality to me is the numerous subtler things: doing realistic chores in camp, surprisingly realistic conversation while playing poker, and careful consideration of what aspects of the game to turn into limited resources (e.g., cargo on your horse, time limit on fresh kills going rotten). Everything sums up to the most immersive game I've played to date. Expand
  48. Jan 13, 2019
    EDITED: After I played the full game and spent about 120 hours on it, I upgraded my score from an 8/10 to a 10/10, which I reserve for only legendary games, such as The Witcher 3 ("TW3"). Since TW3's release, I'd yearned for a game that would captivate me as that game did. After experiencing the entire game - and also upgrading from a first gen XBOX One to an XBOX One X, which was aEDITED: After I played the full game and spent about 120 hours on it, I upgraded my score from an 8/10 to a 10/10, which I reserve for only legendary games, such as The Witcher 3 ("TW3"). Since TW3's release, I'd yearned for a game that would captivate me as that game did. After experiencing the entire game - and also upgrading from a first gen XBOX One to an XBOX One X, which was a substantial improvement - I awarded RDR2 with the coveted 10/10. The flaws detailed below are still valid, but they're insignificant compared to the game's strengths.

It's a very good game, but it's not perfect, and is therefore not worthy of the coveted 10/10. I'll mostly focus on the parts of the game that either need improvement, or should have been excised from the final product altogether. This is because everyone already knows about the game's high points.

THE HONOR SYSTEM: This is a total mess. It's the same thing as the karma system in the Fallout series. If you do something honorable, you get "good cowboy" points, and the opposite is true if you do somethign dishonorable. The game very much wants you to be a "good cowboy." There are a number of perks awarded to you if your "honor" is high, which mostly consist of discounts in stores, and additional clothing available for purchase at said stores. Given that money is not all that easy to come by in the game (at least for the first half), this is no small perk. The problem with the honor system, however, is that it's extremely finicky, and after not too long it conditions you to avoid confrontation with NPCs (both man and beat) altogether. For example, you see some men arguing at the side of the road, and it looks like it might erupt into gunfire. You intervene by shooting the primary aggresors just as they brandish their firearms. In so doing, you shoot one of their horses, which the game considers dishonorable. You have now lost an entire level of honor. Whereas you once received a 25% discount in stores, you now enjoy merely a 10% discount. What's more, to regain honor is no small feat - it's very, very easy to become dishonorable, but quite tedious and time consuming to attain a high honor level. So when the game forces you to do some mission that requires you to kill dozens of innocent NPCs during the course of an armed robbery, it's a bit of a punch to the gut when the inevitable honor fallout ensues.

AGGRESIVE NPCs: This is somewhat related to my gripe with the "honor system." You go into a bar and some guy picks a fight with you because he's drunk, etc. You'd think that this would be a fun diversion, or maybe even increase your "melee" skillset, or something similiar. Not at all. If he throws the first punch and you beat him to death (or unconscious - it's not clear to me if these guys die or not following a beating), then while you may not have the law on your back, you absolutely will lose honor points. Why? You acted in self-defense, so what's the issue? Who knows. And if you plunder the corpse of valuables afterwards, forget about it...not only will you lose even more honor, but you'll be wanted for "looting." Bonus points if you inadvertenly punch one of the men people in the bar during your justified assault - you'll now be wanted for "unarmed assault," notwithstanding you lack of criminal intent. So you see how this game really only wants you to commit sanctioned acts of violence, i.e., those that are bundled with a mission? Seriously, Arthur Morgan is considerably more placid and peaceful than I am even in my day-to-day life. It's outright bizarre.

LOOTING CORPSES: In addition to what I referenced in the "AGGRESIVE NPCs" paragraph, this also needs some work. Most of the missions involve shooting hoards of NPCs to death. We're talking at least three dozen. Every single one of these corpses can be looted, which yields not insignificant amounts of money, ammo, and other valuables that can be fenced. The problem is, however, your fellow gang members discourage you from looting - they constantly complain and tell you to hurry-up and move over to the next cut-scene trigger mark. You can ignore them, but man...they complain A LOT. It's just annoying, and it makes you feel like there will be some consequence if you don't heed their commands. I don't think there are any consequences - that's just how it makes you feel.

There are a few things that are more minor, such as the fact that animals usually have poor quality pelts, even if you kill them properly. You can eyeball the animal from afar to see if they have a three-star quality - or "perfect" - pelt, but why didn't they just give all animals perfect pelts and leave it up to the player to degrade their quality by utilizing the wrong weapon during the hunt? Who knows. Anyway, it's a great game, but it has some really wonky systems, and it's not clear to me why the developers included these systems in teh final product
  49. Nov 18, 2018
    Keyif = 10
    Atmosfer = 10
    Süre = 10
  50. Nov 12, 2018
    RDR2 is literally the greatest game I have ever played in my sorry existence. Thank you Rockstar games for making me enjoy myself for the first time in a long time
  51. Nov 20, 2018
    Pros: First off people who haven't played the game don't make a review...

Game is phenomenal hands down best game of 2018...

This game is better than god of war

Controls are easy to remember

Extremely realistic (especially in 4kUHD)

Cons: When i'm in St.Denis with a horse people walk right in front of me and report me for "assault"

But who cares always nice for a shootout
  52. Nov 23, 2018
    It’s absolutely flawless.
    The story was amazing free roaming is amazing.
    Graphics get a 10/10 Story gets a 10/10 Free roaming 10/10 Soundtrack 10/10 I overall recommend this game it will leave you with days of fun. It’s definitely way better then the first rdr. The only downside is chapter 5 all you did was kill hoards of enemy’s again and again but that’s only a hour and thirty
    It’s absolutely flawless.
    The story was amazing free roaming is amazing.
    Graphics get a 10/10
    Story gets a 10/10
    Free roaming 10/10
    Soundtrack 10/10
    I overall recommend this game it will leave you with days of fun.
    It’s definitely way better then the first rdr.
    The only downside is chapter 5 all you did was kill hoards of enemy’s again and again but that’s only a hour and thirty minutes or 2 hours.
    This is only the main game and Online is coming out and I’m excited for online.
    The soundtrack was flawless every song fit every thin perfectly.
    If you own a Xbox or PS4 this is a must buy you need this.
  53. Nov 12, 2018
    Truly amazing game, excels not only in visuals and gameplay, but also in an amazing story-telling, being beautifully linked to what happened in the first game.
    The only complain is that the game seems to have quite a serious lag spike when entering populated areas, like Valentine or Saint Denis. Though, I'm playing on the Xbox One S, so it's understandable that it's better optimized on the One X, making it still a 10/10 game.
  54. Nov 14, 2018
    One of the absolutely greatest and best looking games I've ever had the privilege to play.
  55. Nov 7, 2019
    Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en toda mi vida. Arthur es un excelente personaje, incluso mejor q Marston en el primero juego. La narrativa, historia, ambientación, música. Todo es perfecto. El final es sublime.
  56. Jan 6, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is fantastic. Slow to start, but it has now thoroughly drawn me in. The graphics are top notch, the characters are well rounded and relatable and the missions are engaging. I thought one of the earlier missions which involves getting blind drunk and arrested in a saloon absolutely hilarious. (I’ve been there! Although fortunately not the waking up in a cell bit.) Expand
  57. Nov 14, 2018
    Today the atmosphere for mainstream games seems to be "rush, rush, rush, headshot boom, rush, rush, rush".

You can rush through RDR2 main story in a matter of 3 days. If you do, I guarantee you'll conclude that its boring, clunky, and overall not fun... R* has sold over a billion dollars worth of copies and made something truly special here. They made a game that they wanted to

R* has sold over a billion dollars worth of copies and made something truly special here. They made a game that they wanted to play and made design choices that not every gamer will agree with and even the most seasoned will question. Its just refreshing to see a large AAA company not pander to the lowest denominator (because marketing told them to) but instead made a game they want to play with the quality most expect from a R* title.

There is a lot of detail in this game. The NPC schedules for example are fascinating. You can literally follow an NPC around for an entire day cycle and they actually have a life instead of just roaming aimlessly tricking you into thinking they are busy doing stuff only to find out they only go from A to B and then B to A.

At first I felt some frustrations of many as well but it was sort of a fault to my own. The first chapter was amazing but extremely slow with very poor checkpoint placement. Also, getting used to the controls and tweaking them in settings takes time (i play the game with free aim only so its tough). I was excited after the tutorial chapter and got into this habit of rushing early on and it ruined the game for me until I took a step back and allowed myself to get lost in the details.

The amazing view distances and visuals are captivating and you start to get really enveloped. The story is subjectively interesting and the characters are deep. The voice acting and mocap are some of the best in the game industry if not the best.

The clunkiness has always existed in R* titles but since they went for more realism like they did in GTA IV, it definitely has its moments of frustration but you really start to feel that being careless has its consequences like it does in real life. I love it.

If you're more of a casual gamer. Read Dead Online is a free second portion of the game that might be better suited for you. I sure will be playing it with friends and family and can't wait.

Cheers!
  58. NBT
    Nov 24, 2018
    why not 10/10 ??? well its really allot of small gameplay thinks .. weapon unequipting when you get on your horse etc .. .lots of small thinks ... Dont get me wrong they need to fix those issuies and bugs the game has .. but beside that this game is a dam blast with a good story ...

just be aware there are anoying thinks you need to work around and bugs but the game would be a 10/ 10 without those issues ... so just shut up and go buy it !
  59. Nov 15, 2018
    This is the pinnacle of video game development. Compare the detail, passion, talent, skill, and effort poured into Red Dead Redemption 2 and compare it to other open world AAA games like Fallout 76 and you can see Rockstar is the top dog of open world game developent. A must own title.
  60. Nov 26, 2018
    I took away a point because of their terrible fast travel system. Besides that HUGE misstep its game of the year.
  61. Nov 15, 2018
    One of the very best games ever made, without a doubt. It’s on another level in terms of everything it does. World, story, characters, misssions. An absolute classic
  62. Jan 22, 2019
    The best game of the 2018, great story, great immersion, it's just a game beauty, and very well optimized on the Xbox fat .

ESP:
    el mejor juego del 2018, gran historia, gran inmersión, simplemente es una belleza de juego, y muy bien optimizado en el xbox fat
  63. Nov 29, 2018
    The writing and tone of this game are superb. If you are looking for a story that makes you feel the way the characters in the story feel this is the game for you. For one example, I hated Saint-Denis, in a good way if that makes sense. Not because of the story elements that take place there but because it was dirty, crowded, noisy, etc.. I wanted to be back out in the uncivilizedThe writing and tone of this game are superb. If you are looking for a story that makes you feel the way the characters in the story feel this is the game for you. For one example, I hated Saint-Denis, in a good way if that makes sense. Not because of the story elements that take place there but because it was dirty, crowded, noisy, etc.. I wanted to be back out in the uncivilized countryside camping, hunting, robbing. This game made me feel like the main character would in those regards. Care for the other members of the gang, increasing frustration with Dutch, sense of futility that the next big score would have us mango farming in Tahiti. Just excellent tone and pacing.

What it lacks in character progression (it is not a skill building or leveling power fantasy) it makes up for in character development. I believe some of the negative thoughts about this game miss the point that this is not a crescendo toward the climax but a story that kind of swirls around the central themes and the gang gets increasingly desperate and more fractured.

The way the game resolves and moves into the Epilogue is extremely well done.
  64. Nov 13, 2018
    RDR2 WOW para mi de lo mejor de este año, buena historia, buen ambiente con hermosos paisajes y detalles de muy geniales a muy tontos y gran variedad de cosas, llevo 103 horas jugadas y me falta por terminarlo al 100%. Este juego no es para todos, con esto me refiero a los que les gusta apuntar y disparar, todo rápido, en este juego hay que tomárselo con calma nooo es GTA y es el viejoRDR2 WOW para mi de lo mejor de este año, buena historia, buen ambiente con hermosos paisajes y detalles de muy geniales a muy tontos y gran variedad de cosas, llevo 103 horas jugadas y me falta por terminarlo al 100%. Este juego no es para todos, con esto me refiero a los que les gusta apuntar y disparar, todo rápido, en este juego hay que tomárselo con calma nooo es GTA y es el viejo oeste, es mas lento sobre todo al inicio y si eres de los que siguen la historia y no hacen nada mas que jugar las misiones principales, claramente sera aburrido, tienes muchas cosas secundarias por hacer, desafíos, cazar, encuentros con personas desconocidas etc. Claramente tiene fallos como todo juego, pero en un juego de este tamaño se perdona, por ejemplo los múltiples glitchs que hay, también el sistema de combate es un poco tonto pero se acepta y espero que el online sea igual de genial, sobre todo con tus amigos. Expand
  65. Jan 22, 2019
    Wow. It's the next generation's game on this generation's consoles. Absolutely mind-blowing. The meticulous graphics (One X rules in this department), the well defined world and the epic story make for a genre-redefining experience. Rockstar took a lot of risks, and it's not for little kids or people without any patience or time for this kind of western simulation, but it's the game of theWow. It's the next generation's game on this generation's consoles. Absolutely mind-blowing. The meticulous graphics (One X rules in this department), the well defined world and the epic story make for a genre-redefining experience. Rockstar took a lot of risks, and it's not for little kids or people without any patience or time for this kind of western simulation, but it's the game of the decade in its genre. Expand
  66. Dec 2, 2018
    One of the best games I've played in awhile, Renewed my faith in gaming as a whole. It might be too slow for younger players who are probably used to much more fast-paced condensed gaming experiences but I am glad that there are still some AAA gaming franchises left who takes characterization, plot and pacing seriously. A must play.
  67. Nov 25, 2018
    One of the best games ever made. Its 10 times better than GTA V(i liked that game too) and 20 times better than Skyrim( I played the living **** out of it).
    But there are some small flaws like the games gets kinda boring in the middle but it has a great comeback.
    Good game cant wait for online.
  68. Feb 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Red Dead Redemption 2 is not a game, it’s a masterpiece. I made a Metacritic account just to give it a 10 out of 10.

The world I saw giant, featuring a vast array of different landscapes and sceneries. There are big cities, desert town, farmlands, snowy mountains, jungles and many more for you to explore. The map of RDR2 also features the New Austin area of the first RDR, so you will be pleased to see your old, favorite places from the first game. The story is set all around the big map, so you will be able to explore the whole of it as you’re playing the story.

And the gameplay is also extremely fun. The guns feel better than ever. As you’re playing through the story, you unlock new guns, which you can then buy and customize however you want. But also, the more you shoot your guns, the better you get at shooting them, so you have many option of what you want to do, use new better guns or stick to older ones. And the shooting never gets repetitive, it’s actually otherwise. The more you shoot, the more you want to shoot, so you play each mission with a lot of excitement to shoot more bad guys.

And there are loads of story missions, side missions and other activities to do. As you travel around the world on your horse, you bump into many random encounters, which can be either hostile or friendly and there are so many of them, that I don’t think I’ve done the same random encounter more than twice, which means that the random encounters also don’t get repetitive. And many side missions have plots and plot twists, so many times you’re just expecting to help someone, but end up hating or even killing them.

And now I’ll get into spoilers about the story, so if you want to play the story, don’t read the next 2 paragraphs. Arthur Morgan is probably the best written character of any Rockstar game. When the story first starts, you’re playing as a hillbilly guy, who is very angry and insults everyone for no apparent reason. You don’t like him at first and want to play as John Marston, but as the story goes on, you can see Arthur change and become a good man. You get very close to him, as if he is your best friend and then boom (big spoiler) he gets diagnosed with tuberculosis. This was a big and tragic shock for all RDR2 players, as you can see millions of searches on google about tuberculosis and if you can cure it. Every RDR2 Player was devastated.

As the story continues Arthur gets better and worse in front of your eyes. You can see how now he is a very good man, but his health state is awful and you know that he will die, but you just hope that he won’t. And in the end, when you think that finally the bad times are over, Dutch betrays you, Micah is a rat and half of the Gang is gone. As you go to your camp, you feel such loneliness and sadness, thinking about all your dead friends and seeing how your gang went from being so big to so small. And then Arthur dies. I was unable to play the story for 3 weeks after that happened. It was as if my brother died, I couldn’t cope with it. And then playing as John was not as satisfying and I didn’t really want to play anymore, I just wanted Arthur back. This game drove me through so many emotions and made me cry so many tears of both joy and sadness, that I will remember this story for the rest of my life. It is the best story you will ever play.

Overall this game is a game of the century, with many things to do and see and an award winning story, this game is a must have for anyone who likes videogames.
  69. Nov 13, 2018
    Друзья, это шикарная игра! Даже на xbox one и xbox one s графика на хорошем уровне, я ожидал меньшего, чем увидел!
  70. Nov 13, 2018
    There is no other word that better describes this game than masterpiece. Rockstar Games' portrayal of the old American west is beautiful and packed with stuff to do. The story of the Van der Linde Gang is filled with surprises and lots of action. This game exceeded my expectations in every aspect. I have been waiting for this game since I completed Red Dead Redemption in 2010, which IThere is no other word that better describes this game than masterpiece. Rockstar Games' portrayal of the old American west is beautiful and packed with stuff to do. The story of the Van der Linde Gang is filled with surprises and lots of action. This game exceeded my expectations in every aspect. I have been waiting for this game since I completed Red Dead Redemption in 2010, which I still regard to be a masterpiece as well. This is one of the best open world games of all time, nonetheless one of the best of all games. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the defining game of this generation. Expand
  71. Nov 25, 2018
    Good solid game but there are some stuff that needs to be answered. For example: The evil man.
    The controls needs some cranking but it is a nearly perfect wild west era game. IMO this game needs MORE GUNS and even MORE GUNS some answers to the questions and BAM. Rockstar created the perfect game.
  72. Nov 26, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi
    I like how the game completes the puzzle in the first game, by that, i mean how everything all connects, why everything went from point A, to point B(ya feel me). The game is very interactive in more ways then one, even if your riding on a horse all day, there is something that could happen, like getting robbed, giving money to blind men, or saving someone from a life threatening occurrence , and repaying later on, its good and very interactive( if you know what i mean)
  73. Nov 27, 2018
    The game is so good it made me write a review about it.
    I've never bothered writing a single review before.
    The visuals are incredible, diverse and immersive. Gunfights are exhilarating and satisfying as expected. You can even drive trains if that's your thing. The sandbox elements and the customization are out of this world. The story starts off slow but it rapidly builds momentum and
    The game is so good it made me write a review about it.
    I've never bothered writing a single review before.
    The story starts off slow but it rapidly builds momentum and is an incredible experience to behold.
    If your a fan of Westerns, this game is a must buy.
    It certainly lived up to the hype, and is a true masterpiece like its predecessor.
  74. Nov 29, 2018
    Graphics are great, sticking to the Rockstar style and feel. Story line is good but feels like it is missing something that makes it standout. I am pleased with the purchase. I feel the critics are a little ridiculous in rating this game a 10. The full feature's (online) are not active yet. I wish there was more personalization as well. The main character lacks a purpose other than hisGraphics are great, sticking to the Rockstar style and feel. Story line is good but feels like it is missing something that makes it standout. I am pleased with the purchase. I feel the critics are a little ridiculous in rating this game a 10. The full feature's (online) are not active yet. I wish there was more personalization as well. The main character lacks a purpose other than his broken outlaw family. Expand
  75. Nov 30, 2018
    near perfect. after i got red dead redemption 2 i have not been able to stop playing it. the story is great even though it throws characters at you way too fast for you to learn who they are. i'm not going to spoil anything but the ending is one you'll remember. the gameplay is so well done that it puts gta 5 to shame. the guns are all unique and have their own advantages and disadvantagesnear perfect. after i got red dead redemption 2 i have not been able to stop playing it. the story is great even though it throws characters at you way too fast for you to learn who they are. i'm not going to spoil anything but the ending is one you'll remember. the gameplay is so well done that it puts gta 5 to shame. the guns are all unique and have their own advantages and disadvantages and don't get me started on the gun customization. and fist fights are done really well too. all of that combined with great graphics and lots of things to do will keep you playing for months if not years.

online however feels like a dulled down version of story mode that you can play with friends as of november 30th it's still in beta but it still feels lacking. a lot of missions are repetitive and boring (not to mention they don't pay well) and the only use of those missions is to get players to attack you. speaking of players attacking you brings me to the pvp of online. it is odd at best because in mission pvp sometimes after a player has already taken damage they might not from your next shot like one time i had a double barrel shotgun and hit a player directly in the chest and the damage stunned him so i shot again to get the kill and he took no damage but there was the blood effect. overall online could use work in the full release but right now it's kinda bad. my rating would be a 9/10 losing one point for the beta not quite working right
  76. Dec 1, 2018
    the visuals on this was simply stunning. the writing and soundtracks were good too
  77. Dec 3, 2018
    Wow... just wow. An outstanding game which I'm probably going to spend a lot more time on. I haven't had this fun in a video game since The Witcher 3. This game's only downside is the clunky movement but I really don't care when everything else is so good.
  78. Dec 11, 2018
    This game is amazing and trumps Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 5 any day of the week! It seems like GTA 4/EFLC all over again with great characters, great storylines, and just over-all greatness! It is just as good, if not better than the initial Read Dead Redemption! I am a major history fan and I LOVE the American Wild West atmosphere both here and in the original RDR! ThisThis game is amazing and trumps Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 5 any day of the week! It seems like GTA 4/EFLC all over again with great characters, great storylines, and just over-all greatness! It is just as good, if not better than the initial Read Dead Redemption! I am a major history fan and I LOVE the American Wild West atmosphere both here and in the original RDR! This might as well be my favorite Rockstar game, if not my favorite video game period, behind GTA 4/EFLC! Expand
  79. Dec 13, 2018
    This game is amazing probably the greatest story mode I have ever played. the online mode could get some fixes but it’s fun I can’t wait till they add more things to it, I only gave it a 9 cause the online mode like I said needs fixes
  80. Dec 19, 2018
    This game is a damn masterpiece. Sure, there are a few flaws, like the slow and clunky animations, but the story, gameplay, and horse mechanics are some of the best I’ve had ever experienced in a game ever. This game is seriously worth every penny of the $60 price.
  81. Jan 13, 2019
    Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game that has it's flaws, but has a great story none the less. If you liked the first game, you'll love the second game. It's great characters, story pacing, and endings is what this game amazing in my opinion. The only complaints I have about this game is that Chapter 5 was just god awful compared to the rest of the game, and it doesn't let you know what theRed Dead Redemption 2 is a game that has it's flaws, but has a great story none the less. If you liked the first game, you'll love the second game. It's great characters, story pacing, and endings is what this game amazing in my opinion. The only complaints I have about this game is that Chapter 5 was just god awful compared to the rest of the game, and it doesn't let you know what the last mission is so you can't get everything you wanted to do done.
    Overall, this game is a game that I will cherish forever. It's memorable characters, story, and stranger missions will always seem unique to me.
    9/10 get rid of Guarma and I'll replay 10 more times.
  82. Jan 19, 2019
    RDR2 is a gem. Although there are so many things to do on the side and a fully-developed multiplayer to dive into, I keep falling back to the main storyline because it's just so good. It is without a doubt the most fun I've had in a video game in years.
  83. Jan 20, 2019
    One of the Best games i have ever played in my Generation, Amazing story of an outlaw named Arthur Morgan who is part of an game who is fighting to stay alive in the vast open world of Red Dead, Rockstar has put in a lot of effort into this game and i am proud of them, not a lot of games like this come out very often, its an once in a lifetime if you want to experience this games story inOne of the Best games i have ever played in my Generation, Amazing story of an outlaw named Arthur Morgan who is part of an game who is fighting to stay alive in the vast open world of Red Dead, Rockstar has put in a lot of effort into this game and i am proud of them, not a lot of games like this come out very often, its an once in a lifetime if you want to experience this games story in the best way you can, because the amount of detail in the game really make the game look amazing, having the ability to make like this takes effort and that's why its so good looking because they put their time and effort into this game and I'm happy for that, another key factor into why this game is so Outstanding is the games Score, the Score is what makes the story powerful and emotional, having listening to it really hits you inside and lets you think about the characters and the world around you in the game, the controls where hard at first to get used to, took me a little bit but with a little of experience you wont have to worry about accidentally running someone over on your horse, but besides that, its a sensational game with a vast, beautiful and Extremely Detailed Open world of the wild west, 10/10, if your into Open World and Westerns, Its Worth It. Expand
  84. Jan 21, 2019
    Oh my god !
    This game is amazing
    Perfect Story +
    Very Good Grapichs +
    Gameplay very very very very gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd +
  85. Apr 13, 2019
    People who say this game is boring are just impatient and just play the story and don't explore.
  86. Nov 26, 2019
    It's a rockstar game so you expect perfection which in the solo campaine it certainly achieves new heights on graphics and gameplay. You know the story by now so no point telling you about it but if you haven't played this then you are certainly missing out. The online mode is just boring don't expect a gta v here, there is nothing to do apart from killing other people.
    Update nov 2019
    Update nov 2019 Online is much better now, but the worst thing about this game is it makes all your other games worse. I find my self playing other games thinking this looks pants, which before rdr2 came out I wouldn't have. So some new advice if you like other games dont play this game it will make them worse than they are but you will also miss out on the best game ever made
  87. Aug 25, 2019
    Master piece.
    There are not another words to describe this amazing videogame.
  88. Oct 3, 2019
    Greatest gaming experience I've ever had. Greatest story ever told in a video game. Best graphics, music, atmosphere, writing, animations and sound design. I mean the list goes on and on. I had never been more excited for a game in my life and yet it managed to deliver in every aspect. The general interest I had in the world and its characters, theGreatest gaming experience I've ever had. Greatest story ever told in a video game. Best graphics, music, atmosphere, writing, animations and sound design. I mean the list goes on and on. I had never been more excited for a game in my life and yet it managed to deliver in every aspect. The general interest I had in the world and its characters, the excitement which I had in going along this journey with the rest of the gang, unfolding the story at a gradual pace, is something I've never felt before in a video game. Now The Witcher 3 comes close as I love that game as well. But Red Dead Redemption 2 stands alone for me, as the greatest gaming experience of all time. It will most likely be a very long time before I get to connect with a game again the way I connected with Red Dead Redemption 2. Expand
  89. Oct 27, 2018
    Red Dead Redemption 2 might be first game I came across this generation where I can honestly give it a 10 and not come up with any reasons why it shouldn't be a 10. Know what I mean? For example when God of War released I gave it a 10 but there was a voice in the back of my head that would come up with reasons it doesn't deserve a 10, but it absolutely did. I did not get that at allRed Dead Redemption 2 might be first game I came across this generation where I can honestly give it a 10 and not come up with any reasons why it shouldn't be a 10. Know what I mean? For example when God of War released I gave it a 10 but there was a voice in the back of my head that would come up with reasons it doesn't deserve a 10, but it absolutely did. I did not get that at all with Red Dead. The giant and gorgeous open world is breath taking. That may sound cliche' but I honestly have NO IDEA how Rockstar made everything look SO damn good. The lighting, the shadows, the way the sun pierces the clouds, to the thunderstorms coming from a distance that you can literally see rolling over the hills. It should be illegal how good this game works, and that's an understatement. Some may feel like the world is a bit empty but it really needs to be in some cases. It makes you feel like you are roughing it out in the wilderness, with no one around for miles. Combat is super fun, and of course dead eye is back with a vengeance. This sounds super crazy I know but please before you completely disregard my review hear me out. RDR 2 reminds me so much of Metal Gear Solid 5 TPP, but with a much more coherent story. What I mean by that is like in MGS5 you have a base, or in RDR's case a camp which you can donate money to to upgrade it by adding additional supplies, lodging, ammunition, etc. Before each mission start you choose a load out by standing next to your horse and opening saddle bags to show your inventory. Since you can't carry everything on Arthur (the protagonist) you leave most of it for your horse to carry. A small piece of advice: Upgrade the camp as soon as possible so you can unlock fast travel. If you don't you will have a lot of long horse rides which honestly didn't bother me at all but I kept getting side tracked for hours, so if you are like me you probably want a good way to get about without being sucked into whatever instance out in the wilderness. The attention to detail here would give The Witcher 3 a run for it's money, its insane. You'll be able to figure that out for yourself just by looking up at the sky lol. Combat is super fun and can sometimes be incredibly intense, if not a little sluggish. You know, the normal GTA type character movement. The only gripe I could possibly come up with is the UI. The weapon/item wheel can be a bit confusing, especially while on the horse, but it just takes a bit getting used to. It's not completely un-wielding. Anyway, I don't want to give too much away so I will stop now. What I will say is that I can absolutely guarantee that if you see someone give this game a 1, they are completely and utterly garbage, and have no business writing reviews. I can understand people that just didn't like the game, but to give it a 1? I know no one takes those people seriously (at least anyone even slightly intelligent) but it's just sad to see. SSSSSOOOOOOO much work went into making this game and even though I don't always agree with the direction Rockstar goes sometimes, they always find a way to go above and beyond for every release. Expand
  90. Oct 26, 2018
    Red Dead Redemption 2 truly exceeded even the highest exspectations and proved that Rockstargames still holds the title of being #1 at creating immersive and innovative open-world games. Red Dead Redemption 2 is an experience like no other. This is the game of the generation.
  91. Oct 27, 2018
    Amazing game laughable that some pc gamers spend their time creating fake accounts just to give this game 0/10 scores I'm truly starting to hope it never comes to pc. Not the absolute best game ever made, but really really good.
  92. Oct 27, 2018
    Writing this review pretty much to try and balance out at least 1 of the fake reviews or PC users that are raging because it isn't out on PC.

Not fair whatsoever to this fantastic game or the devs.

So take this one trolls.
  93. Oct 28, 2018
    I cannot find the reasons to give this a 10 as so many others have, however, this is a good game. The storyline and attention to detail with characters and NPCs fully fleshed out in an open world is typical Rockstar and the improvements in this area are superior to their last outing in GTAV....It loses a couple of points from me in the gameplay area. The searching and looting is longI cannot find the reasons to give this a 10 as so many others have, however, this is a good game. The storyline and attention to detail with characters and NPCs fully fleshed out in an open world is typical Rockstar and the improvements in this area are superior to their last outing in GTAV....It loses a couple of points from me in the gameplay area. The searching and looting is long drawn out and clearing up the loot after a big showdown (Black Belle for example) takes way too long. Walking around inside buildings looking for things to loot and open up - again, takes too long. I get that the developers wanted things to move at a slower pace compared to their mainstay GTA, but this is way too slow...….. Getting from A to B is also laborious with POIs and quest markers miles apart. I've played around 8 hours and feel like I've achieved almost nothing.....Yes, I have likely only scratched the surface of the game but 8 hours into a storyline? I should be well embedded in it by now. Expand
  94. Oct 26, 2018
    If you are a fan of open world games,
    If you are a fan of open world games,
    Westerns or rockstar in general you will love this game. I am playing it on a Xbox one s and it’s a beautiful game with only small dips happening during the most hectic sequences it’s easily the most polished rockstar game yet. If I am going to complain about anything it would be the fact the controls are not streamlined and can be unnecessarily confusing in the heat of battle. An amazing experience so far definitely a must buy
  95. Oct 27, 2018
    It is the feeling of realism that makes RDR2 such a great game.

RDR2 goal is to show you the hard life of an outlaw in these days. It does this with the story missions but the real strengh of RDR2 is how it does this with the world Rockstar created. And what a world this is.

Masterpiece!!
  96. Oct 26, 2018
    Best Open World Game I ever played.... story is amazing...there are no MTX in single player also you can use cheat codes
  97. Oct 27, 2018
    La experiencia de juego de nueva generación es tan inmensa y llena de cosas por hacer que te adentraras mas en la historia que otros juegos, la relación de estos también es buena y disfrutaras de sus gráficos en la consola mas potente de la generación Xbox One X.
  98. Nov 14, 2018
    Playing on an XBOX 1X. Regular Xbox has some issues I have heard. Amazing game. Story, graphics and world building are heads above anything released this year. Like playing a Sam Peckinpah western. Highly recommended.
  99. Oct 26, 2018
    Que suerte tienen los de xbox one x es impresionante , que porquería de ps4 pro como se ve ,tengo que admitir que que a ganado la xbox one x por goleada .
  100. Oct 28, 2018
    It's quite a massive achievement and one of those rare gaming experiences and it's so gigantic it comes on 2 Bluray discs. Whether it be on the PS4 or XBOX One, you're in for a visual treat in this expansive game with great audio and a brilliant soundtrack. I also love how intricate the features are such as being careful when running downhill as a single trip and fall could seriouslyIt's quite a massive achievement and one of those rare gaming experiences and it's so gigantic it comes on 2 Bluray discs. Whether it be on the PS4 or XBOX One, you're in for a visual treat in this expansive game with great audio and a brilliant soundtrack. I also love how intricate the features are such as being careful when running downhill as a single trip and fall could seriously injure you or kill you and the game has you nurturing your bond with your horse as you carefully explore the huge landscape trying not to accidentally injure or kill it all the while keeping yourself, your camp and your horse clean, well fed and staying in good health.

It's all wonderfuly oldschool where it demands patience from you so you can really appreciate this wonderfully realized world, it's slow paced but held together with deep and well done mechanics where every action feels meaningful and weighty. The attention to detail in absolutely everything will astound you and the atmosphere in this game will stay with you forever.

My only negative so far is that we had to wait for so long for this kind of gaming experience, RDR2 is a whole new type of open world game which only very few devs can deliver. It will be very interesting to see how Cyberpunk 2077 holds up after experiencing RDR2.

Just imagine all the best westerns you've ever seen such as Once Upon a Time in the West, Tombstone, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Unforgiven, Appaloosa, Open Range, The Hateful Eight, Blackthorn, 3:10 to Yuma, True Grit, A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More etc and you've summed up what you're getting with RDR2.

Universal acclaim - based on 33 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 18, 2018
    Unquestionably 2018's best game, and an all-time open-world masterpiece. [Christmas 2018, p.89]
  2. Nov 2, 2018
    It doesn’t matter if you are gamer, a human being, or an alien from another planet; Red Dead Redemption 2 is a title that you just can’t miss. The bar set by RDR2 is so high that even Rockstar itself will probably have a hard time raising it. One of the best releases in the history of digital entertainment.
    While it has some notable but minor flaws, it's hard to argue that Red Dead Redemption 2 is not a masterpiece. The end result of the meticulous detail, wonderful writing and stunning looks is an open world that sets a new bar for believability, and a time and place I can't stop thinking about or wanting to be a part of.