7.2

1. Aug 21, 2019
    Remnant: From the Ashes is a Third-Person action shooter, survival game inspired by Dark Souls. In a post-apocalyptic future, overrun with deadly monstrosities, mankind has been nearly wiped out. You are one of the last remaining humans, set out to carve a foothold through the countless droves of enemies, and clear the way to rebuild. With randomly generated maps, and a random bossRemnant: From the Ashes is a Third-Person action shooter, survival game inspired by Dark Souls. In a post-apocalyptic future, overrun with deadly monstrosities, mankind has been nearly wiped out. You are one of the last remaining humans, set out to carve a foothold through the countless droves of enemies, and clear the way to rebuild. With randomly generated maps, and a random boss progression, every play-through is a new adventure. The games overall aesthetic is amazing, with rich detailed environments, and a soundtrack that holds you in the feeling. Remnant holds true to it's design concept of Dark Souls focused heavily on ranged combat. It's tough, enjoyably so, but tough, with randomly designated spawns, and random extra spawning designated as you progress. The game is wholly unpredictable, granting an new challenge around every corner or randomly cranking the fight up to 11 with a new wave of monsters in an already heated battle! The combat system is fantastically designed meticulous combat, with a near seamless ability to switch weapons or dodge, as your fighting off waves of tiny nuisances or towering abominations. The only place where the game seem to be lacking is in the story's drive and depth, but it accomplishes what it needs to. If you enjoy the feel of heavy precise combat, in an unforgiving setting, and nearly endless replay value from its randomized worlds and progression, then Remnant: From the Ashes is the game for you! Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2019
    Remnant From The Ashes could be making a cheeky statement about the current dumpster fire state of the video game industry based on title alone, but probably not. What you do have is a budget title easily worthy of AAA price and status. I won't sit here telling you it's perfect as it has its share of issues, much of which I hope will be fixed with a day one patch. One often game breakingRemnant From The Ashes could be making a cheeky statement about the current dumpster fire state of the video game industry based on title alone, but probably not. What you do have is a budget title easily worthy of AAA price and status. I won't sit here telling you it's perfect as it has its share of issues, much of which I hope will be fixed with a day one patch. One often game breaking issue is the 1-5 frames per second you get after playing for a few hours and using a fast firing weapon like smg. This may just be a Xbox issue though. This frame rate issue has caused my game to crash and my co op buddy's Xbox to crash. Again, this will be fixed as Gunfire acknowledged the problem during the VIP weekend (patched). They also know about an issue where quest items like keys are lost when the host is dead when the keys drop thus halting your progression in the game. One common complaint revolves around how the majority of boss fights rely heavily on spawning ads in order to increase difficulty (and drop ammo) instead of bosses with mechanics designed to make their demise difficult. It's rarely a huge issues on Normal with some co op partners but it does seem cheap and annoying at times.

Enough of the negativity, what does Remnant do right? Pretty much everything else. The graphics are pretty impressive, the world design is interesting, the enemies are varied in their appearance, the shooting is satisfying in both feel and sound, and the loot system is fair. Ever play a game like Anthem or Destiny with a couple friends, they keep getting good drops and you get squat for hours on end? You won't have that problem here. Whatever loot a co op partner picks up goes to the entire group. Your bad luck will not curse you here. Now this isn't your typical Division looter shooter. You won't be picking up incrementally better garbage left and right, spending half your time playing an inventory management game. You may find a few amulets, rings, or weapons while exploring your different realms but you are guaranteed something like a mod or weapon when you kill a boss for the first time. Kill him a second time in a different way and you might get something else. Speaking of which, once you beat the campaign you will want to re-roll your world and do everything over again as your realms will potentially be different layouts with different loot, dungeons, bosses etc. Perhaps you will want to ramp up the difficulty a notch or two. Definitely something to consider as you will have a substantial amount of gear score and upgraded traits on your subsequent play through. Depending on skill level and how you made your character, you probably won't feel OP ever and the game will try to punish you often. Happy hunting.
  3. Aug 20, 2019
    Do yourself a favor and don’t pass on this game! In a world where 90% of releases are targeting people’s wallets, and only care about monetization while making a serviceable game in the process with basically no heart and soul, this game is such a breath of fresh air. It has a crazy amount of content for only 40$ with no micro transactions in sight. It has a dark souls feel to it what withDo yourself a favor and don’t pass on this game! In a world where 90% of releases are targeting people’s wallets, and only care about monetization while making a serviceable game in the process with basically no heart and soul, this game is such a breath of fresh air. It has a crazy amount of content for only 40$ with no micro transactions in sight. It has a dark souls feel to it what with the check point system and respawning enemies, but calling it a souls like feels like under selling what it is. It’s truly unique with the ability to Reroll your world layout and have new bosses, side stories, weapons, and maps. Not to mention how much FUN the combat is. This is how replay-ability should be done and it’s just a really addicting and great time. We need more support for studios like this. Expand
  4. Aug 20, 2019
    Remnant: from the Ashes is a well executed game that doesn't break new ground but instead reformulates the best of souls like game play with a focus on ranged combat and competent melee combat. The story and lore in the game is well written with decent voice acting and a lot buried in files and diaries. Like From Software, you can choose to engage in the story and go deep or you can justRemnant: from the Ashes is a well executed game that doesn't break new ground but instead reformulates the best of souls like game play with a focus on ranged combat and competent melee combat. The story and lore in the game is well written with decent voice acting and a lot buried in files and diaries. Like From Software, you can choose to engage in the story and go deep or you can just float over the surface and get the general gist. The art sets a bleak tone which suits its post apocalyptic setting and the character models are decent with some character customization. Since it is third person over-the shoulder, the character customization is not all that meaningful.

The strongest part of Remnant is the game play in coop. It has the best of Gears (of War) and Dark Souls with tough situations. Some of the boss fights, in my opinion, need tuning, particularly for solo play. Playing solo requires one to be mostly perfect on normal, near perfect on hard and unerringly perfect on nightmare (on first play through) and the bar lowers significantly when playing in coop. It is obvious that the game is better tuned for two and three player groups than it is for solo play.

The random generation encourages additional playthroughs, especially since playing through once you will not have all the story elements or see all of the enemies, layouts, loot and bosses. Each players world is unique due to the variability of the game through a large amount of content and the use of random generation. It also encourages group play so one can see different zones and bosses and different layouts. The game also encourages and rewards exploration with hidden, meaningful secrets and loot.

For a $40 game with additional free content to be added in the future it is one of the best priced games available and well worth the price. Hopefully the gunplay used in Remnant will find its way into the upcoming Darksiders 4 with Strife's focus on guns - in my opinion it would be a perfect fit.
  5. Aug 20, 2019
    Great game. Highly recommended.
    It's a mix of Dark Souls + Darksiders with guns, as well as Division 2 and Diablo 3.
    Awesome gameplay and maps. Only expect it to bring you a tough challenge. It's more difficult than Dark Souls imo, except you coop. I find the coop Scaling interesting as well. Awesome. Buy it!
  6. Feb 8, 2020
    Torturous unless you schedule to play with out side sources, I don't have that ability so the game sucks for me. Too hard for single player.
  7. Dec 9, 2020
    If you like a challenge, this game will do that job really good. However, don't get it on xbox. Sluggish controls in a shooter on console, is never a great choice. This game feels much better on the pc, and the need for heavy aim assist easily shows this. Also the graphics are kind of lacking on the xbox one x. I had slow render times, average textures, and the game is locked to 30 fps. NoIf you like a challenge, this game will do that job really good. However, don't get it on xbox. Sluggish controls in a shooter on console, is never a great choice. This game feels much better on the pc, and the need for heavy aim assist easily shows this. Also the graphics are kind of lacking on the xbox one x. I had slow render times, average textures, and the game is locked to 30 fps. No perfomance/framerate mode is kinda dissapointing, even though the game never really has problems kepping the 30 framerate lock

In short: get this game on pc if possible, and you will enjoy this game much more
  8. Dec 17, 2019
    I've had more interesting turds.
    This game is what I would describe as complete boredom. Completely uninteresting story as well as repetitive gameplay which at points is confusing... Bad game.
  9. Aug 20, 2019
    How much more do I have to say it's dark souls with guns but it does need some work the multiplayer straight up did not work for me but still was able to beat the game in single player I enjoy the hell out of it
  10. Aug 20, 2019
    This is one of the best games I’ve found a couple of years. Been looking for a unique and challenging co-op for a while and Remnant hits all the marks and then some. I was excited when I saw the trailer but played all weekend with the preorder early access and could not be happier. It’s crazy and awesome.
  11. Apr 4, 2020
    Encore l'un de ces jeux triple K avec option TK d'office (Koop Kevin Kikoolol option Très Kon) pensé avant tout pour les modes coopératifs afin que les esprits un peu simples puissent se rassembler et s'emmerder ensemble (parce que vivre ensemble, jouer ensemble, chier ensemble etc, etc). Même si on peut aussi s'emmerder en solo dans ce truc, histoire (avantage non négligeable) de seEncore l'un de ces jeux triple K avec option TK d'office (Koop Kevin Kikoolol option Très Kon) pensé avant tout pour les modes coopératifs afin que les esprits un peu simples puissent se rassembler et s'emmerder ensemble (parce que vivre ensemble, jouer ensemble, chier ensemble etc, etc). Même si on peut aussi s'emmerder en solo dans ce truc, histoire (avantage non négligeable) de se rendre compte vite fait de l'étendue des dégâts...

Et les dégâts sont nombreux et irréparables... on ne peut même plus les contrôler (les dégâts) tellement il y en a... car ce jeu est un navet, un gros navet ! tout y est en effet très médiocre, les combats, les animations, l'espèce d'histoire (lol), les dialogues imbéciles, l'univers éculé et suranné qui mélange fantasy bas de gamme et sf de supermarché (en solde)...

La maniabilité est elle aussi médiocre, pas de parade, pas de contre ni d'esquive (seulement des roulades...) des armes sans relief, des sensations inexistantes... et pas de sauvegarde ? Graphiquement, c'est également très quelconque et tout cela, la somme de tout cela n'est que pur ennui à des doses très inquiétantes : le meilleur moment du jeu reste sans conteste la désinstallation !
  12. Jan 28, 2020
    Remnant: From the Ashes by Gunfire Games is a compelling, 3-Player co-op, Soulsborne title, but with a gunfight twist! A blend of some Division-esque shooting action, with Souls-like boss fights, set in a "root-en" universe, somewhat inspired by Destiny's world-building.
  13. Aug 22, 2019
    This game is amazing! Definitely worth the price point and one of the best games I’ve played this year!! And if you’re reading this the guy that gave a ZERO because of camera angle, it’s the same camera angle as every other third person shooting game! If your character was in the center then the reticle would be way off center! My aiming is perfect for me and I LOVE this game! I hope thereThis game is amazing! Definitely worth the price point and one of the best games I’ve played this year!! And if you’re reading this the guy that gave a ZERO because of camera angle, it’s the same camera angle as every other third person shooting game! If your character was in the center then the reticle would be way off center! My aiming is perfect for me and I LOVE this game! I hope there is plenty DLC and a sequel coming in the future! BUY THIS GAME!!!! Expand
  14. Aug 29, 2019
    This game is amazing. The shooting/melee mechanics are actually fun to use and playing with a party while not required is very fun. It would be nice if all player campaigns would progress together but multiple playthroughs are going to happen regardless so it is still beneficial. The frame rate on xbox one can tank sometimes but should be improved hopefully with optimization patches
  15. Nov 23, 2019
    It's a good game, but they should have their own personality, games that try to be a "souls like of something" lose the identity, you can be yourself, don't try to be "souls like" be yourself.
  16. Nov 17, 2019
    That game is awesome monsters are like similarly witcher 3 perfect we want tons update weapons more class and lvl and quest.
  17. Nov 25, 2019
    Esta genial este juego... Me recuerda a muchos juegos rpg y tiene buen grado de dificultad
  18. Aug 31, 2019
    While this game does bear some similarities to Souls games (bonfires, estus flasks, looping maps, etc.), it has a lot of issues. The main issue being the quantity over quality approach the developers took in its encounter design.

You enter a new area in the open world, it will trigger a horde of visually uninspired trash that will rush screaming at you from every angle. Virtually every boss encounter is a single large enemy running around the map spamming high damage attacks at the player while a group of endlessly (and often instantly) respawning adds swarms them. The end result is that it does increase difficulty, it's just not engaging, or fun, and completely and utterly circumvents everything that makes the boss encounters in Dark Souls enjoyable.

Level design has a samey, copy/paste feel to it, and illustrates most if not all of the issues with procedural generation. The in-game map is terribly designed, not even allowing the player to view multiple levels/floors. Performance, at least on the Xbox One X, is not great, with the game suffering occasional periods of significant stutter (sub-20fps).

I give it a 6 because I am assuming the developers had limited time and resources with which to bring this game to market, and I respect the fact that they did so with no micro-transactions or intrusive monetization tactics. The core game mechanics have potential, and I feel that given sufficient time and polish, this game could wind up being fairly good. It's just not there right now.
  19. Aug 30, 2019
    Although sometimes it's painfully clear why this game retails at $40 rather than $60, there's so much to love. After an underwhelming intro section, the game really takes off. Weapons feel weighty, the perk/trait system is cool, and the visual/audio design of enemies is awesome. Overall a super original and accessible fusion of Souls + Looter Shooter. Highly recommended.
  20. Sep 13, 2019
    Great game, usual shooter/melee mechanics but from a third person view with upgrades for weapons and player skills along with new weapons/skills available for pickup and crafted from boss drops and various other methods throughout the game and at vendors, it can be played solo or co op with one or two other players, one difference from normal shooters however is that the maps are allGreat game, usual shooter/melee mechanics but from a third person view with upgrades for weapons and player skills along with new weapons/skills available for pickup and crafted from boss drops and various other methods throughout the game and at vendors, it can be played solo or co op with one or two other players, one difference from normal shooters however is that the maps are all generated for your session. If you join someone elses game then theirs will be different to your current session. This means that all the bosses you might encounter won't necessarily be on your playthrough so you have to either reset yours and playthrough again to complete all the weapons/mods or play on other players sessions. This in my opinion is a great idea, my only criticism of the game however is the difficulty, it seems to scale up with your level but always seems just that bit too difficult on your own with some bosses being infuriatingly difficult sometimes! This is just on easy level I would hate to see how difficult the higher difficulty levels are at this stage :D still its a fantastic game and well worth buying, its kind of like a cross between rogue like games and Dark Souls. Only reason i gave it a 9/10 was because of the slightly annoying difficulty at times, I like a challenge but when i keep getting my arse kicked every time on easy difficulty it gets a little tedious!
    Buy it though, particularly if you like challenging games!!
  21. Sep 18, 2020
    Man I had so much fun playing this game. It is marketed as basically dark souls but with guns and I must say that it plays up to that title pretty darn well. The combat is super fun and pretty skillful. the enemies are tough and unforgiving but fair once you figure out a good strategy. The story is actually not too bad at all, granted the ending is extremely underwhelming. The grind toMan I had so much fun playing this game. It is marketed as basically dark souls but with guns and I must say that it plays up to that title pretty darn well. The combat is super fun and pretty skillful. the enemies are tough and unforgiving but fair once you figure out a good strategy. The story is actually not too bad at all, granted the ending is extremely underwhelming. The grind to improve your weapons and equipment is a bit repetitive but I can honestly say that I never found myself aggravated or bored of the repetition. I never once had to actively farm a location for resources or anything, I got everything I needed from just a thorough playthrough. Another cool thing about this game is it is a bit procedural, meaning that some things you will encounter every time you play through the game but there are a bunch of bosses and items that are completely unique to your run which is fantastic for replayability.
    I played this game first by myself and then again with friends. I can say that it was much more enjoyable for me playing by myself since I could explore at my own pace and really enjoy the world but your mileage may vary. The game is designed for more than one player so the bosses and enemies can get a bit frustrating if you are playing by yourself but not unmanageable. I can also say that playing with more people makes the game exponentially easier.
    The only downsides I came across while playing is the character customization is a bit lacking and your character is really boring throughout the game. Your basic silent protagonist type. The upgrade system is also a little annoying as you can upgrade weapons pretty significantly and completely change how powerful they are. While this is great for using your favorite weapon, it makes it inconvenient to use newer weapons as they are significantly under leveled compared to what you have been using and you will need to grind a bit just to get it to the same level as the rest of your stuff to see if it is even a viable weapon to use in the first place. The result is a lot of people basically just stick with what they like and invest everything they have in leveling that set up. As mentioned earlier, most of the bosses are clearly designed to be fought against with multiple people which can be really frustrating if you are playing by yourself. You get used to it but it will definitely stand out for the solo player.
    Aside from those minor gripes, this game is absolutely awesome. I had so much fun exploring and leveling up all my stuff and figuring out the best set up and strategies/abilities to use against certain enemies. If you are a fan of looter shooters or games like dark souls or even roguelikes to a certain extent, this game will probably fit the bill. It’s well made, smooth, and supremely enjoyable.
  22. May 30, 2020
    Me encanta, aunque no es un juego AAA, a muchos les gustaria estar a altura a este juego. Una maravilla en coop
  23. Oct 7, 2019
    Actually obsessed with this game! Its very fun and rewarding! The bosses are well thought out and the weapons are done very well! Hope dlc sizable dlc comes out for this!
  24. Aug 29, 2019
    Excellent game, and at $40 it’s a steal. I’ve payed $60 for a lot worse games (looking at you, Anthem). Surprisingly solid and responsive shooting mechanics tacked onto a challenging Souls-like experience with very well implemented Drop in Drop out Co-op. Randomly generated worlds encourage multiple playthroughs, I’m on my 4th and I’m still encountering new areas and enemies that I haven’tExcellent game, and at $40 it’s a steal. I’ve payed $60 for a lot worse games (looking at you, Anthem). Surprisingly solid and responsive shooting mechanics tacked onto a challenging Souls-like experience with very well implemented Drop in Drop out Co-op. Randomly generated worlds encourage multiple playthroughs, I’m on my 4th and I’m still encountering new areas and enemies that I haven’t seen before, lots of different enemy types with similar archetypes but enough variety to keep the combat feeling fresh. Boss battles are challenging, requiring you to learn the mechanics of the fight if you’re going to stand a chance of victory. The final boss in particular is one of my favorite boss battles in my gaming experience, with mechanics that would rival a Destiny raid boss and that ultra satisfaction when you finally walk away as the champion, it rivals Sword Saint Isshin from Sekiro. A lot of Souls fanboys are going to hate on the game just because their fragile egos can’t stand the thought of an accessible and fun game that is actually a blast to play with friends, I get it, muh prestige. Is it a Souls-like? Absolutely. Although I would put it at an entry level Souls-like experience, I could have used a little more punishment for death but for what it is it works. Post launch content will really be the biggest factor in this game’s longevity, with consistent updates and new content this game could be bigger and better than Destiny in the long run. I’m a huge Souls fan and I totally recommend this game to anyone who is looking for another challenging game to conquer or a great game to play with friends. Expand
  25. Apr 3, 2021
    it´s a mixed bag. i´m playing on hard and here the bosses have about the right amount of difficulty altough they tend to be very bullet spongey at times. still the boss fights are what´s fun about the game they can present a certain challenge but never feel unfair. where the game does get tedious is between the bosses. it´s a plain old snooze fest. the gameplay loop is very primitive andit´s a mixed bag. i´m playing on hard and here the bosses have about the right amount of difficulty altough they tend to be very bullet spongey at times. still the boss fights are what´s fun about the game they can present a certain challenge but never feel unfair. where the game does get tedious is between the bosses. it´s a plain old snooze fest. the gameplay loop is very primitive and absolutely repetetive. theres really no point at all in leveling up you get a trait point you can invest in largely useless traits. add 0,00001% here or there hardly makes a difference to the actual gameplay at all. you max out traits at 20 so you might raise a certain trait by alomst nothing in the end. not that you would notice a difference anyway since enemies scale with you so theres even less of a chance to see any kind of progress. almost the same goes for your equipment you can upgrade armor and weapons for more armor and damage but it´s the same again there´s basically no feeling of progression here. the whole game design seems incompetent. armor sets do bestow cetain passive skills that could finally make for some variety in this boring mess but once you start uprading a set your locked in. if you find a certain new set would make for a good boss strategy your basically **** since upgrading it to a not terrible level would mean hours upon hours of even more tedious grind. theres 0 incentive to experiment since any deviation form your starter set is brutally and pointlessly punished by the game. you can´t mix and match armor either since the bonuses are so minute that you need all 3 set pieces to notice them at all. all this could have been avoided if you would simply upgrade your damage potential or armor rating indipendent of the actual armor or weapon that way you could mix and match and experiment.
    another stupid decision is to spit in the face of decent game design and lavish TWO whole skills upon you. they might as well haven´t bothered at all. certainly 2 is better than none but you hardly get any kind of depth or strategic gameplay like that. the 2 active skills slotted to your weapons which you also only have two of. why any game designer in their right mind would do that is beyond me. there certainly would have been potential since some of the skills could have been used synergetically you could have actually have different builds if you had more than 2 active skills. there could have been tactical gameplay but it´s ruined by very poor game design
    there´s no reason to explore the bland and unispired levels either you almost never find anything useful. i´m about 15 hours in now and like the controls and the sound design in general combat could be fun if it had any variety at all. the hits do feel impactful but if your fighting the same enemies over and over the same way over and over it just becomes a chore. i like to see the rest of the bosses but the thought of slogging through another uninspired ugly level filled with boring grunts for hours upon hours just for a few minutes of a decent boss fight just puts me to sleep.
  26. Aug 29, 2019
    К моему удивлению отличная игра. Смесь жанров. Тут тебе и соулс и шутер, причем шутерная состовляющая реализована очень даже хорошо. Инпакт от попадания ощущается на вісоком уровне. После почти недели игры стрелять из огнестрела все так же приятно. Босы аля бладборн. Не думайте что сможете одолеть наскоком с 3 раза. Спасает кооп. В двоем и батька бить легче. Графика... не могу сказать чтоК моему удивлению отличная игра. Смесь жанров. Тут тебе и соулс и шутер, причем шутерная состовляющая реализована очень даже хорошо. Инпакт от попадания ощущается на вісоком уровне. После почти недели игры стрелять из огнестрела все так же приятно. Босы аля бладборн. Не думайте что сможете одолеть наскоком с 3 раза. Спасает кооп. В двоем и батька бить легче. Графика... не могу сказать что она выдающаяся но она смотриться очень интересно и необычно, это тот случай когда разрабы минусы смогли максимально трансформировать в плюсы. Оптимизация на Xboxe one X по моему наблюдению стабильные 30 ФПС. Каких либо лагов, фризов или просадок ФПС не замечал. В общем если говорить о игре то она она по когнретным игровым механикам уступает. Бойовка а соулс играх лучше. Шутерная состовляющая в той же колде или дестини 2 лучше. Сюжет посредственный. Графика также не тянет на похвально, но!!!! В целом эта игра хороша, даже очень. В нее хочется возвращаться. Она не казуальная но и не гиперхардкорная как Секиро. Expand
  27. Aug 26, 2019
    This game does a great job bringing a dark souls type of experience to a 3rd person shooter. Fun boss weapons and little side secrets are just a few things they have taken from dark souls. The games combat is fun and enemy types vary by region. Not the greatest graphics but good enough. Boss fights are fun but my only gripe is they are all spawned with adds.
  28. Aug 23, 2019
    Excelente juego mezcla entre bloodburne y residente evil 4 sueñes experiencia estadísticas habilidades y buenas armas las cuales también se pueden modificar los gráficos están decentes y buenos efectos de luz
  29. Aug 30, 2019
    It’s just great. Played the whole game solo beat dark souls my now second favorite game
  30. Jan 27, 2021
    Estou jogando este jogo em 2020/21
    Estou jogando este jogo em 2020/21
    E estou totalmente satisfeito com o jogo. O conheci no GamePass, e acabei comprando o jogo com as duas DLCs, e não me arrepende de forma alguma. É um jogo desafiador em muitos momentos, e a satisfação de matar um boss, de conseguir um belo item é muito satisfatória. Por mais dificil que seja em alguns momentos, vc se sente desafiado a continuar jogando e superar aquele obstáculo, te motiva a melhorar seu personagem e chegar mais forte no desafio que achava "impossível". Recomendo a todos esse jogo.
  31. Sep 7, 2019
    I love this game so much. The story, combat, progression, art, and roguelike elements blend perfectly. It's one of those few games that come along every now and then that I would say is a perfect value for the price being asked for. It sucks because I wanna give it a 10, but this game performs awfully on Xbox One, and from what I understand reading online it runs just as terribly on PS4I love this game so much. The story, combat, progression, art, and roguelike elements blend perfectly. It's one of those few games that come along every now and then that I would say is a perfect value for the price being asked for. It sucks because I wanna give it a 10, but this game performs awfully on Xbox One, and from what I understand reading online it runs just as terribly on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. My best friend can't even hit 60fps with a Ryzen 7, RX 570 combo. It's such a solid game but it has performance issues. Hopefully, they can get it running in a playable state on base consoles. Expand
  32. Oct 6, 2019
    A great indie game with a dark souls learning curve. The game flew under the radar but surprisingly caught the attention of gamers including myself. The gameplay is mimics dark souls type with guns adding common rpg elements (various gear with varying stats). Deciding which gear/weapons to use in different scenarios/areas gives good balancing, tactics, and strategy. Enemies & bossesA great indie game with a dark souls learning curve. The game flew under the radar but surprisingly caught the attention of gamers including myself. The gameplay is mimics dark souls type with guns adding common rpg elements (various gear with varying stats). Deciding which gear/weapons to use in different scenarios/areas gives good balancing, tactics, and strategy. Enemies & bosses look cool with unique features and characteristics to keep you on your toes. Leveling up is obtainable and doesn't feel like an endless meaningless grind. My only concern and flaw I feel the game has is being too short with not enough content upon release. There is replay value by re-rolling the game to spawn different bosses and obtaining different items but this is easily overcome by joining other players games with specific bosses and areas. An added plus, the developers are patching and updating with free dlc keeping the game thriving and I commend them for that. Expand
  33. Nov 1, 2019
    Increíble juego, te engancha de inicio a fin, gran jugabilidad, buenos enemigos, jefes, armas , tiene de todo en su lugar para una gran experiencia, no decepciona para nada, lo único malo es que no hay versión física y la poca publicidad que recibió, sin duda un juegazo.
  34. Dec 6, 2019
    História interessante, mecânicas simples, alguns bugs e acabamento do jogo razoável (sendo educado). Esquecível.
  35. Nov 17, 2019
    Nice coop game. Combination of Dark Souls and Diablo. Each campaign is different with different surroundings and NPC.
  36. Nov 25, 2019
    Absolutely love this game, has a nice arcade feel to it, especially the way character stagger as you shoot them. Playing it on coop nightmare and its a hell of a fun ride. Oh and bonus points for the fast loading times.
  37. Oct 8, 2020
    Remnant: From the Ashes Review Date 09.08.2020

We dug up the game again and ended it after a total of 10 hours. Technically the whole thing has improved but still has bugs and FPS problems, especially when looting. Graphically, most of the areas weren't very nice, but things got better towards the end. In terms of gameplay, this souls-like shooter game was actually a lot of
    Remnant: From the Ashes Review Date 09.08.2020

We dug up the game again and ended it after a total of 10 hours.

In terms of gameplay, this souls-like shooter game was actually a lot of fun. So very cool from the implementation. The boss fights were only challenging in places (Ixillis XV was crisper). The final boss, however, was incredibly lame.

Not interesting enough story-wise either. But they came up with a little something.

Conclusion just a little too unpolished and a little too short overall. 6/10 scrap metals.
  38. Apr 2, 2021
    Great game, probably the best from 2019. Gameplay feels fresh, it’s funny, maps are different and you’ll start getting bored by the “random generation” after 40 hours of gameplay.
  39. Feb 4, 2021
    This game has just one very big problem: the difficulty. I got further in Dark Souls than I did this game before I ragequit on the lowest difficulty level. What I hate is that it started out so good, the story is interesting, combat is fun for the most part, and it's the first game that hooked me quickly in a long time What it really needs is a narrative difficulty level, for those of usThis game has just one very big problem: the difficulty. I got further in Dark Souls than I did this game before I ragequit on the lowest difficulty level. What I hate is that it started out so good, the story is interesting, combat is fun for the most part, and it's the first game that hooked me quickly in a long time What it really needs is a narrative difficulty level, for those of us that want the story instead of the challenge. It didn't start out too hard either, but once you hit the first dungeon it gets absurd and outright unfair. Smoke or spore clouds cause your character to stop to cough, which is odd because my character was wearing a gas mask, and always seem to show up when it's least convenient. They also cause a status effect, that, while curable, quickly becomes incurable, as when you resume from dying, you don't go back to your last save, you go onward, minus the used curative. So you die and die and die in a cycle that is hard to break. Oh, and large enemies can sneak up on you from behind with zero warning or indication they're present and one-shot you The icing on the cake is that the game seems to have a fetish for it's difficulty, as you can buy equitable items to make the game even harder So as much as I was looking forward to playing through this game, I won't be. If you don't mind a serious challenge, go for it, otherwise, avoid. Expand
  40. Apr 1, 2020
    Game its amazing, on start had some bugs like most games on market but gunfire quickly fix them and hear the community on lots of points improving gameplay, changing mechanics to better fit on players wishes. Last boss lacks personality but entire game its a blast, im hyped for new content because gameplay its amazing
  41. Apr 28, 2020
    It might not be for everybody it sure is tough sometimes and it is definitely better when playing coop, that said the system isn't flawless and the game feels a little bit bland in my opinion, definitely a game worth checking out specially if you have game pass but I found it too repetitive too quickly
  42. Aug 20, 2020
    Remnant is a decent game that could have been a great game. Dark Souls inspired gameplay with gunplay and co-op. A fantastic concept. They succeeded in some regards but stumbled in others.

What they did right: -The gunplay feels good. Moving, shooting, dodging, etc. is satisfying, and that's one of the most important parts of a game. -Lots of stuff. There are a plethora of guns,

What they did right:
    -Lots of stuff. There are a plethora of guns, armor, and items to collect, so if you want to play constantly there is enough "carrot" to keep you moving forward.
    -Audio/Visual. The graphics and sound are good.

What was not so right:
    -The story is weak. I love good stories in games. This isn't one of those games. One or two custscenes plus a handful of journals randomly scattered around the game world. Yawn.
    -While co-op is always appreciated, it feels tacked on. The story is the exact same as in single player, right down to the other characters being inexplicably absent during the cutscenes. Also, there is almost zero interaction. You run around together, you might shoot at the same stuff, and if the other player gets downed, you go up to them and hit the X button to pick them up. That's it. Pretty boring.
    -Being able to upgrade weapons and armor is nice. Upgrades are one of my favorite gameplay elements. The upgrading in this game, however, is incredibly basic. You pay some money, your gun then does a point or two more damage. Do this until your gun is level 20. Why even bother with that as a system? How about letting us customize the gun's attachments, or modify it's fire rate, clip size, etc.? I'm not being revolutionary here; upgrades like this have been around forever, who dropped the ball here?
    -The boss fights SUCK. They **** SUCK. They are some of the most frustrating, unfun, boss fights I have ever dealt with in a game. The boss fights alone almost made me permanently quit the game multiple times, and brought my score down a point or two. Most of the bosses are just damage sponges with little strategy; shoot constantly, dodge a projectile, repeat. Occasionally there will be some minions too.

Despite some unbelievably crippling flaws, the core element of the game is fun. Running around and shooting feels good. Shooting with a buddy is nice even if it's completely uninspired. And collecting new weapons is fun. All this is fun for a while, but whenever I play I can't help but wonder how great this game could have been if they had tried a bit harder.
  43. Jun 30, 2020
    Very, very frustrating game. I was enjoying the game a lot until it was totally ruined at the first boss fight, which was IMPOSSIBLE. I don't know if my game was bugged but I seemed to do absolutely no damage whatsoever to the boss (who could kill me very easily) and after many, many tries I finally rage-quit and uninstalled it. I wanted so much to like this game that I reinstalled it andVery, very frustrating game. I was enjoying the game a lot until it was totally ruined at the first boss fight, which was IMPOSSIBLE. I don't know if my game was bugged but I seemed to do absolutely no damage whatsoever to the boss (who could kill me very easily) and after many, many tries I finally rage-quit and uninstalled it. I wanted so much to like this game that I reinstalled it and tried again, only to have the same experience over and over again and uninstall for the final time.
    Such a shame; there was a lot of enjoyment in this game but it came to an absolute road block of failure with the boss fight.
  44. Jan 2, 2021
    Pretty good game.

Pretty good game.

The absolute highlight to this game is the combat. This was the first game I’d played with souls-like combat (obviously a bit different here with focus on guns) and inspired me to check out more in the genre. Outside of the combat the wider gameplay was also well done with a nice choice to either upgrade the weapons/armour you have or change for different ones. The healing and item related mechanics also work pretty well. The gameplay in this game carried the experience for me and was what kept me entertained through the playthrough despite the story lacking.

The story really isn’t anything special but luckily stays out of the way for most of the game. Having now played Dark Souls I can say the two games are similar in this respect but Dark Souls does a much better job of this style of story by far.

The different worlds in this game aren’t very unique by any means but the fact there is more than one at least keeps things fresh for a little while longer.

The enemy and boss design in this game is excellent with the main issue being the level design for me. There was simply too many of the basic enemies between bosses, which had the combat been any worse would have meant the game suffered a lot more than it actually did.

Story 5/10
    Core Combat 9/10
    Enemy Design 9/10
    Level Design 7/10
    Overall Gameplay 9/10
    Visuals 6/10
  45. Jan 2, 2021
    Remnant has some fun parts scattered around, the combat is actually fairly tense, upgrading is simple, and its co-op is actually pretty well done. My issues with Remnant do outnumber the positives. The dialogue is awful, the characters are cringey tropes, levels are very linear with nothing much to add detail, the graphics are comparable to 2009 Brutal Legend and I cannot grip the story atRemnant has some fun parts scattered around, the combat is actually fairly tense, upgrading is simple, and its co-op is actually pretty well done. My issues with Remnant do outnumber the positives. The dialogue is awful, the characters are cringey tropes, levels are very linear with nothing much to add detail, the graphics are comparable to 2009 Brutal Legend and I cannot grip the story at all it's just not interesting. Some of it's small issues will feel bigger the more you play, general game feel things like movements you didn't intend and pointless long walks between checkpoints and boss doors with nothing in between feels like transparent padding. Another thing I personally disliked is that, for a "Souls Clone", I beat the game using nothing but my starting gear. Additional equipment and rewards are scarce and hardly rewarding, making it so everyone is playing the same character. Sekiro did this fairly well, but in a game with dedicated Co-op makes it feel much more bland.
    It is a decent shooter Souls Clone if that's what you're craving. It's got what other Souls Clones have, and when I use that word I don't just mean it's difficult. Honestly the games pretty easy. It's just got renamed, cut and pasted Dark Souls mechanics. You rest at bonfires/checkpoints, you refill your healing estus/dragon heart there, use your lifegems/bloodewarts if you need health past that, you have a homeward bone/liquid death to bring you back to a checkpoint You upgrade weapons and armor with iron/titanite shards to +5 then you have to scavenge for the forged irons/titanite chunks for further upgrades. Walk through the fog door. Utilize dodging I-frames. It's just not an even trade, Dark Souls is 8 years older and much more refined and it's hard for me to ignore that when this game is $10 more at the time of this review.
  46. Mar 20, 2021
    Played on Xbox Series X

Played on Xbox Series X

The idea behind Remnant: From the Ashes is brilliant - the Dark Souls style gameplay mechanics with guns was really encouraging for me when I first heard about this game. The initial 2-3 hours were satisfying but the more you get into it, the more dull it becomes. The story is being presented in a way similar to games produced by FromSoftware, but unlike the Dark Souls, the story in Remnant is just boring.
    tl;dr Great idea, poor realization
  47. Feb 20, 2021
    بازی خیلی خوبیه ولی پیشنهاد میشه حتما پویا سه نفره بایش کنید چون یه دارک سولزه شوتره و به سختی اونم خیلی سخت میتونید یه نفره از پسه باس فایتاش بربیاید

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 2, 2020
    Remnant: From the Ashes is one of the better ARPGs released in recent years so if you enjoy Souls-like campaigns or third-person shooters in general then I'm sure you'll have an enjoyable time mowing down the monsters that lurk in its post-apocalyptic world.
  2. Dec 9, 2019
    Remnant: From the Ashes is doing well at mixing Dark Souls-like gameplay and TPS action games. It also has a great universe, but the procedural features of the levels are a bit annoying.
  3. Sep 30, 2019
    If you take the time to learn its mechanics and grind for some gear, once it ‘clicks’, Remnant changes from a simple Souls-like game to a completely unique experience that I could hardly put down. It’s a shame that it released in the busy window that it did alongside some massive AAA games, as I’m sure it’ll get overlooked, but if you’re a Souldborne fan and want an entertaining co-op adventure with some friends, Remnant: From the Ashes should seriously be looked at. While I was almost ready to give up at one point, it’s a fantastic game once you learn its intricacies.