- Summary: Gameplay offers multiple ways to play, including arcade controls where the left stick is used to control power and accuracy, with the ability to add spin to the shot while the ball is in the air. In addition to the arcade controls, the return of 3-Click swings appeals to nostalgic gamers whoGameplay offers multiple ways to play, including arcade controls where the left stick is used to control power and accuracy, with the ability to add spin to the shot while the ball is in the air. In addition to the arcade controls, the return of 3-Click swings appeals to nostalgic gamers who prefer to set power and accuracy by tapping a button rather than moving a thumbstick. Those looking for an extra challenge can turn on Tour settings. When playing with Tour controls, the length of your backswing and speed of your follow through determine power, while the club path through the ball will be the most important factor in accounting for accuracy. Fans can also mix and match all three settings to create their own custom gameplay style. Courses themselves also affect how your shots are played, as firmer, links-style courses like St. Andrews provides more bounce and roll, while softer courses such as TPC Sawgrass have less bounce and be more receptive to spin. [EA Sports]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour - Announcement Trailer
Jul 14, 2015The in-game experience is excellent, with beautiful scenery, accurate courses, and the true feel of a broadcast. The overall product is hurt, however, by a lack of courses, big name golfers, and stripped down modes. Gamers expect to be wowed after two years of development, not left with an empty feeling.
Aug 30, 2015It should have been a cause for celebration that an EA Sports game review has forced us to abandon the well-worn ‘It’s like last year but slightly better!’ template, yet Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is like two years ago but significantly worse. Not nearly good enough, especially for a game whose slogan is ‘golf without limits’.
Jul 16, 2015This game is awesome. I'v had it since the launch date on the 14th and uv played about 5 hours. I don't under stand all the complaining aboutThis game is awesome. I'v had it since the launch date on the 14th and uv played about 5 hours. I don't under stand all the complaining about the courses I have 13 courses. 11 that came with the game, 1 that was a pre-order perk (Scottsdale) and 1 fantasy course (Battlefield 4 Paracelsus Storm, which is amazing). As for the number of golfers, I don't know how many there are but it's obviously enough to keep me occupied because I haven't found the need to count them. This game ROCKS. Don't listen to the haters!!! I love this game and look forward to spending the better part of my free time playing it.… Expand
Feb 10, 2016So this game just recently was dropped 67% on xbox live and of course, I had to pick it up. As a huge fan of the past Tiger Woods games, ISo this game just recently was dropped 67% on xbox live and of course, I had to pick it up. As a huge fan of the past Tiger Woods games, I have been yearning for a decent golf game.
I have read all of the reviews and they are mostly very bad. Yet, the reason they are bad is not because of gameplay but because of features. So, gameplay being solid, I pick it up.
Simply put, if you were a fan of Mario Golf for its precise 3-button gameplay and loved Tiger Woods games, this game is a great mix of the two.
Yes, features are missing. But a solid gameplay experience is there, especially if you are a traditional fan of 3-click golf. And you can mix 3-click with "in air spin" if you want. Awesome!
As far as golf gameplay goes, this is a great value if you can pick it up cheap.
Again, if you loved the way Mario Golf played, this is a no brainer.… Expand
Sep 4, 2015The game is enjoyable, but has quite a few problems.
Graphics: I haven't played a PGA game in a while, so I was happy with how the gameThe game is enjoyable, but has quite a few problems.
Graphics: I haven't played a PGA game in a while, so I was happy with how the game could look. Unfortunately the scenery glitches out somewhere at least once a hole which really brings you out of the moment, or rather never lets you actually enjoy it.
Gameplay: I think this is where it shines, it's pretty easy to just pick it up and play, plenty of options for play styles.
Other gripes: While I would never buy this game for online capability I played with a friend a few times. Online was super weird and glitchy. There was a neat "play at the same time as your opponent" feature, with what looked like some cool features like "see your opponent if he's not in your way" and "view the course if your opponent isn't done with the hold yet", however these features worked about 10% of the time, other times my opponent would be flickering in and out of existence, and the waiting camera angles are terrible, can't see anything. I would much rather have just watched my opponent's screen so I could tell what was happening at all, rather than watch some shrubbery also flicker in and out of existence from a mile away.
TLDR: I think the game had/has potential if you're just looking for some arcade golf fun, but the whole feel of the game is somewhere between rushed and beta. Good ideas poorly done.… Expand
Jul 14, 2015After playing this game for a couple hours, I had to check the calendar to make sure that it was not, in fact, April 1st. I honestly cannotAfter playing this game for a couple hours, I had to check the calendar to make sure that it was not, in fact, April 1st. I honestly cannot believe that a Video Golf franchise this old could release a game so lacking in features. Also, to say that this game is "lacking features" is a complete understatement. There are NO FEATURES. I will explain:
1. Horrible character creator. It's absurdly simplistic and there is no way of making a character look like 2. you. It's a total insult to the last few PGA Tour games.
2. Game modes: Stroke or Match (i miss skins play, it's my favorite mode. and best ball/scramble is the style you're most likely to play in real life tournies, if you are a golfer)
3. Cannot remove the fan gallery. Would you like to have a quiet and friendly round of golf with a friend? Hoping to enjoy nature and relax on the golf course? DENIED- You are surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of cheap looking gallery fans, who will NOT react when hit with the ball. Even if you 9.5 degree drive the ball into their face. It will bounce off them and they will cheer.
4. No EXP/Money for playing offline with friends. The only way to progress your character is through Single Player Pro play. It's become evident that EA does not want you to play this game in the same room with your friends. You are required to own your own xbox, xbox live subscription and internet. Are my friends and I the only people who still get together on the couch and play video games on the same TV?
5. Sluggish menus. I shouldn't have to list the specs of the XBOX ONE, but they should be enough to handle MENU BROWSING. Not in this game though.
6. The animations. It seems like the developers of this game have never actually watched golf. Hit a routine drive 300 yards on the fairway- nothing special: your golfer jumps and cheers like he just hit a hole-in-one. every time. Make a decent birdie- he's flipping out like he just won the Masters. Make a bad shot and he's practically freaking out and smashing his clubs. You would -never- see professional golfers, or even semi-professional, or even total amateur golfers acting like these characters do. Where is the class and quiet dignity of golfers? They will overact on EVERY-HIT. oh, and you cannot turn these animations off. They have even removed the "quick play" feature to auto-skip these ridiculous cutscenes.
7. No replay feature. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I'd like to replay some of my previous shots without recording it to the dang xbox.
In closing, EA has created a decent looking golf game, with average controls and physics. However it seems like they have never watched the PGA Tour, or played previous PGA Tour games. And they definitely did not have beta testers. This game is absolutely featureless. It's as bare-bones as a sports game has ever been. I don't even care about the lack of courses, the lack of golfers (no LPGA???), lack of former clubhouse and online features. Why is this game so dang simple when there are mobile golf games with more depth.
Total disappointment.… Expand
Jul 16, 2015I can't even give my career mode guy a beard! I don't mean to be harsh but this gives the golf club game a run for its money with shoddyI can't even give my career mode guy a beard! I don't mean to be harsh but this gives the golf club game a run for its money with shoddy graphics and the putting is atrocious, the animations are completely wrong and well....the game sucks balls....on the up side I'll get good value for a trade in… Expand
Jul 17, 2015The online multiplayer is awful. It's the worst it has been since '08 or before when nine was sparse. The shot limit is a double bogey. YouThe online multiplayer is awful. It's the worst it has been since '08 or before when nine was sparse. The shot limit is a double bogey. You hardly ever see your playing partners. You rarely, if ever, see them actually swing, and you do not see shot streaks for their balls. There is only a scorecard that shows your own score, none for your playing group. You might as well being playing alone. It's awful. EA forces online players to play career, as that is the only way to build up your character with Xp. You get no xp playing online or in tournaments. And, the career is terrible and boring. It's amazing and unbelievable how EA has ruined this game compared to TW'14.… Expand
Oct 14, 2015This game is a complete disappointment. If I wanted to play this game like I did 10 years ago with the original Xbox I would have bought anThis game is a complete disappointment. If I wanted to play this game like I did 10 years ago with the original Xbox I would have bought an original Xbox and the first tiger woods. Why develop the Kinect and then make the game work for it just to upgrade the game system and Kinect to make you use a joystick. Thank you Microsoft and EA sports for robbing your consumers and taking advantage of the name. Hope your owners are enjoying the second summer home we all paid for..… Expand