7.7

1. Aug 26, 2020
    Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time : For those who weren’t tuning into Cartoon Network in the early 2000s, Samurai Jack is about the titular warrior fighting to return to the past and slay the evil wizard Aku. Battle Through Time cleverly posits that Aku had one more trick up his sleeve: he interrupts Jack’s trip back through time and forces the samurai to relive his most exciting battles.Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time : For those who weren’t tuning into Cartoon Network in the early 2000s, Samurai Jack is about the titular warrior fighting to return to the past and slay the evil wizard Aku. Battle Through Time cleverly posits that Aku had one more trick up his sleeve: he interrupts Jack’s trip back through time and forces the samurai to relive his most exciting battles. This retro action style is fitting for a TV show that emerged during the same period as a deluge of licensed products imitating gaming’s greatest hits. If we look into the game mechanics Weak and strong attacks can be weaved together for light combos, along with a dash (which evolves into a roll), a block mechanic (which can be altered to parry and counter) and a double-jump. There's also multiple options for you to change between melee and ranged weapons but I need to say that weapons really break easy Well to be honest the game giving me the vibes of the old action-RPG games era it's really fun to play yet it's nothing more than a side kick for your game library. It might be really fun with a cup of coffee than you'd probably forget about it .
    But It's absolutely fun and worth a look for your Xbox One.
  2. Aug 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This the worst hack n slash Samurai Jack game ever. I don’t understand why they need another Samurai Jack game? Why? Because it sucks and boring that none people who wants to buy this game,so you must know there is nothing special at ALL. Nothing any good and fantastic,it just a generic licensed game that nobody care about terrible game anyway! I believe one off those developers called Soleil games (a Japanese games) are small company that they made the previous worst game called Naruto to Shinobi Striker. After was release in 2018,Adult Swim Games wants to make a new game: Samurai Jack Battle Through Time just for a new story before the season 5 ends and they probably no choice because it is a cash grab game that nothing is going to escape. which that’s not true that Soleil Games didn’t know the show which are big fans of because they problem didn’t watch the popular cartoon show and they must know what are they talking about. Anyway I can say it’s fell like the developers have truly bad ideas to bring back Samurai Jack in to the video game because licensed video games based of TV cartoon show are considered one off the worst 1990’s and 2000’s games of all time, but they can be at least good or decent games like BFBB or Asterix and Obelix XXL or Jaws Unleashed. Don’t buy this game is very horrible,tedious,boring and piece of garbage that nothing going to get best-selling of all time if the show is end and the movie was really cancelled for a years ago. Please don’t buy this. I repeat: DON’T BUY THIS GAME is AWFUL. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 23, 2020
    At $40 it has a lot to offer. I never found myself angry or bored revisiting previous levels. There’s a fair bit of content for that $40, it’s just that it isn’t perfect and one should know that going into Battle Through Time. Fans of Samurai Jack however will most likely love this game as it canonically takes place during the final season as Jack is trapped in time. I also think Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time is great for both adults and kids (whilemost action games nowadays definitely leans to a predominately adult audience). Definitely check it out in that downtime between big releases as there’s plenty here to be impressed by.
  2. Sep 17, 2020
    A great adaptation of the Samurai Jack cartoon, full of hack and slash action, cool weapons and a beautiful art style. Featuring an original story, even fans of the show never saw.
  3. Aug 28, 2020
    Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time definitely doesn't offer anything particularly groundbreaking but it does feature satisfying old-school hack and slash fun that's hard not to enjoy. Throw in some RPG elements and you're left with a solid albeit lackluster experience.