5.0

1. Mar 31, 2018
    This game has no meanigful content at all and its a joke of a 60$ game. I wouldnt even really recommend you buying it with game pass for 10$ because it is just that boring. No progression system at all. You only play for cosmetics and after like 2 hours you have seen pretty much everything this game has to offer. Dont wast your money on this early access No Many Sky like game!
  2. Mar 29, 2018
    Disappointed but not suppressed.
    Hype/Reallity
    old Rare/Actual Rare
    i will change plataform
  3. Jun 14, 2018
    Sea of ​​Thieves is a videogame with an interesting premise, but a very limited content. For the high price of 60 dollars, we can barely get a couple of hours without going into the repetitive.

The story they have created in Sea of ​​Thieves is pretty good, the game design is beautiful and the gameplay becomes quite realistic to a certain extent, but as I said before, it doesn't help much if there's no content or a variety of things to do. Sea of ​​Thieves seems to be an early access game with a lot of things to add, the problem is that it has been developing for many years.

Rare said that more content will be added in the future, but until then I will continue thinking that in this videogame the true thieves of this sea are not the players...
  4. Mar 27, 2018
    I have been following Sea of Thieves progression very closely. Thankfully Sea of Thieves delivers in most areas and it’s unlike any other game I’ve ever played before and ultimately it was worth the wait. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic in my opinion and the uniqueness of doing certain tasks shines through in all areas, which in turn makes the game an incredible amount of fun. WithoutI have been following Sea of Thieves progression very closely. Thankfully Sea of Thieves delivers in most areas and it’s unlike any other game I’ve ever played before and ultimately it was worth the wait. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic in my opinion and the uniqueness of doing certain tasks shines through in all areas, which in turn makes the game an incredible amount of fun. Without a doubt the best way to enjoy this game is with friends. The co-op offerings are absolutely flawless and I’ve been able to play with my friends who are on PC with no problems at all and each time we’ve played its remained fun and unique throughout our time with the game. Sea of Thieves also allows you to play on your own and whilst it does provide you with some enjoyable moments when alone it’s not as good as when you play with friends, but it’s still worth playing it this way at times. Something that really impressed me about this game was the world in which the game takes place. It’s very big and no island feels the same and visiting each island was a pleasure to do because there’s always something different to find when you explore deeply, which is great. Don’t get me wrong the game could do with more content but I’m prepared to wait because the content that is included is more than enough to keep you satisfied for quite a while and there is enough variety to stop things from becoming boring especially when played with friends. A big part of this game is obviously travelling on your ship and thankfully everything has been done to perfection here. Sailing feels great and adjusting the sails and doing certain things actually matter so there is some realism here. The controls also hold up really well and I didn’t experience any problems at all with them, which is a bonus. The presentation side of the game creates a wonderful experience for me and I couldn’t have asked for any more here. Visually the game looks beautiful from start to finish and I was especially impressed with the weather effects in the game. The sound design is also brilliant and it captures the pirate atmosphere really well, which is great. At the end of the day as a game Sea of Thieves excells in my opinion and whilst some people may moan about the lack of content I don’t see that as a major problem because you make your own fun and content when you play. I think Rare have done a fantastic job with this game and it’s a game unlike no other, and without a doubt I’m going to stay with the game for a long time because I’m looking forward to see how the game grows and develops. The only caution with this one is it will require continued updates to keep it fresh and worth playing. My advice check it out on Xbox Game Pass before making the purchase if you are undecided if it's right for you. Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2018
    Sea of Thieves is a fun game to play with your friends and goof a around for awhile. After playing the game for 30 hours and seeing what all it has to offer i am glad to say i bought the game on game pass it is not worth the 60 dollars at the moment. The Water on the game looks amazing it has to be the best water detail i have seen in any game. The quest you pick up from the outpost areSea of Thieves is a fun game to play with your friends and goof a around for awhile. After playing the game for 30 hours and seeing what all it has to offer i am glad to say i bought the game on game pass it is not worth the 60 dollars at the moment. The Water on the game looks amazing it has to be the best water detail i have seen in any game. The quest you pick up from the outpost are fun to do a few times but later on they get repetitive and boring. There is no progression in the game and everything you work for is cosmetics for your ship and your character. What i want from this game is more stuff to do. My favorite part of the game is doing the raids and slaying the skeletons to earn lots of treasure. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2018
    Dull, boring and tedious doesn't even begin to describe just how mind numbingly bad this 'game' is. I say game and use the term very loosely as it lacks even the most basic aspects of what constitutes an average game. After the first couple of hours or so, entertainment goes rapidly downhill. Lacking in content, boring quests, no character progression of any meaningful kind.

Looks nice

Looks nice enough but it's ultimately shallow and mediocre at best. Sea of Thieves is 2018's No Man's Sky...overhyped and not much of a game.
  7. Apr 30, 2018
    A criminally shallow game. The cartoony look will appeal to some but turn others off (it turned me off, but still gave it a chance). There is very little to do in this game and any thoughts of exploring will quickly give way to realisation that you need things to actually find if you are to explore. The islands are all bare and lifeless, the "quests" are all the same, very little animalsA criminally shallow game. The cartoony look will appeal to some but turn others off (it turned me off, but still gave it a chance). There is very little to do in this game and any thoughts of exploring will quickly give way to realisation that you need things to actually find if you are to explore. The islands are all bare and lifeless, the "quests" are all the same, very little animals etc. and boils down to doing one of 3 things, cage a chicken, kill a skeleton or dig a treasure chest all which is just turned in for gold.

The ONLY thing you receive in the game is cosmetic items for all that gold you haul, that combined with a 1st person perspective means you don't even see your character, not that you would want to, the character models are deliberately made grotesque (even the mermaids are hideous). I'm thinking there was a strong SJW influence over this game with the "no one loses" mentality and only fat chicks allowed, beauty is forbidden.

The only standout hope for the game is PvP ship battles, but the weaponry sucks. Ultimately this game feels like a $5 mobile game, and I don't see any reason to pay more for it. If you want a good game try building a boat in Ark Survival Evolved, it has incredible depth and freedom, a very underrated game.
  8. Mar 22, 2018
    Sea Of Thieves feels like Rare came in with a water physic tech demo and then added a simple item fetch quest system and called this a complete game. Calling this a Rare title feels horrible as I love classic Rare.. anything from Kameo and back to DK Country.

Simply put this game has a great sailing system, bare bones mechanics both in fighting, PVE, PVP, and customization. Take a look at the announce trailer 2 yrs ago and tell me if you see anything new or changed.. and should I even say things were removed such as ability to open a chest.

Pros:
    - Beautiful Water Physics
    - Concept
    - Art style
    - Team Gameplay regarding ship controls and ship combat.

CONS:
    - Quest System ( 3 Types of quests which are pretty much the same thing..just a new asset is used as the collect this and return concept.
    - Cosmetics ( Rare has literally only done cosmetics for the last like 15 yrs on the marketplace.. a couple small Kinect games don't count) .. why so few and why so generic?
    - No progression past a Rep system that is to this point completely meaningless past cosmetic unlocks.
    - No Leveling system
    - No Penalties for anything ( If grinding for cosmetic gold currency is boring .. all there is left is PVP.. problem is no bounties or anything to make one Pirate more fierce or a price on a head or anything to make people care.. the only thing to do is do everything you can in about 1 hour.. then just ruin the time of others without any thought on should or does it matter)
    - World has nothing to do.. no interaction with anything.. exploring feels pointless.
    - So few enemies and can we talk about how the animations (Snakes) are so freaking awful.
    - No Story, No nothing really..just a good team sailing game with nice water and weather effects on water.
    - So much missing.. only two types of boat.. No Canoes, No Harpoons, No loot, No Traps, Nothing interesting to collect.
    - Weapon Combat is bad, feels like what you see produced in college game design classes. Nothing slashing a horribly animated snake just to see if fall and disappear.

My overall opinion is this game was created by a totally changed and corporate Rare.. Microsoft knew this game had no features and didn't care.. they used this as a big name title with lots of hype to convince people to NOT PAY 60 BUCKS AND INSTEAD SUBSCRIBE TO XBOX GAMEPASS which is honestly whats going on seeing they actually had ads up saying play for FREE.. 14 day trial and only 10 bucks/month. They want people to pay 10 bucks a month that way they are slowing paying into a Early Access game that isn't called Early Access !
  9. Mar 20, 2018
    Sea of Thieves is a gorgeous game that is a blast when you enter and explore the game for the first time. However, after a few hours of playing you begin to wonder whether the game was originally a tech demo with content as an after thought. In comparison to all games that have come out by the beginning of 2018,Sea of Thieves doesn't seem to excel over any of them in any area other thanSea of Thieves is a gorgeous game that is a blast when you enter and explore the game for the first time. However, after a few hours of playing you begin to wonder whether the game was originally a tech demo with content as an after thought. In comparison to all games that have come out by the beginning of 2018,Sea of Thieves doesn't seem to excel over any of them in any area other than the beauty of sea travel. The developers claim it is "a game as a service" yet compared to other games of that nature like Minecraft and Fortnite, this game is a fully priced $60 and comes with significantly less customization and incentive to play. The core gameplay grows stale after a few voyages, and you begin to grow weary of the frequent encounter with other players camping at the outposts. The game could potentially be full of life in a year or two, but as of now it is simply a gorgeous game that leaves much to be desired. Expand
  10. Mar 21, 2018
    This game I feel like will be mostly positive just from people really wanting to have a good Microsoft exclusive, but long story short, this game is as large as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. It is just plain boring overall with very few fun moments with friends. Not much has changed from alpha, and seems like the appropriate price should be 30 dollars, not 60. Mediocre at best andThis game I feel like will be mostly positive just from people really wanting to have a good Microsoft exclusive, but long story short, this game is as large as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. It is just plain boring overall with very few fun moments with friends. Not much has changed from alpha, and seems like the appropriate price should be 30 dollars, not 60. Mediocre at best and suggest waiting a year to see if anything approves or even if it survives. I honestly would not be surprise if this game is talked about or played for a few weeks/1 month and then vanished. But hey, at least the graphics are pretty awesome. Expand
  11. Mar 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Your forced to play with other people. So of course as soon as I jump into any game, within 30 seconds I'm sent to the brig and can't play, over and over and over and over and over again. Thank you toxic gaming community. Expand
  12. Mar 21, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can i say? This game promised so much for the players and is so empty, i am so disappointed.

Pros:
    -Graphics are pretty cool
    -Best Water of all time in games
    -Can be fun (only about 3 or 4 hours)

Cons:
    -Repetitive
    -Boring
    -No sense of Progression
    -A lot of Bugs (Not receiving gold for delivering treasures etc.)
    -Battles on sea are just terrible and gives you a slow pace which upset you.
    -You can beat Boss Kraken in 2 minutes
  13. Mar 20, 2018
    This game deserves a fair review, as do all others. It isn't a 9 and it isn't a 1, it's a 5 and here is why. Generally video game reviews grade on a scale from 4 to 10, meaning that mediocre games often get 6s and 7s. I do not agree with this standard. A 5 to me, is a mediocre game that has only a few enjoyable/good things about it. Sea of Thieves embodies this. The games looks good forThis game deserves a fair review, as do all others. It isn't a 9 and it isn't a 1, it's a 5 and here is why. Generally video game reviews grade on a scale from 4 to 10, meaning that mediocre games often get 6s and 7s. I do not agree with this standard. A 5 to me, is a mediocre game that has only a few enjoyable/good things about it. Sea of Thieves embodies this. The games looks good for the cartoonish graphics it is going for. The sailing is realistic and enjoyable. A journey with friends is very enjoyable and brings a ton of laughs and crazy antics. But that is where the good aspects stop. The game is a grind-fest for cosmetic items. You do fetch-quest after fetch quest for measly amounts of gold that translate to cosmetic upgrades. There is no over-arching story, only fetch-quests. The gun-play is as bare-bones as it gets, and the sword-play is only slightly better than that. The game gets boring quickly, especially if you play alone. Enemies, fetch-quests, and limited player interactions leave this game a boring slog. It is not a game I recommend regardless of the Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, and PC 'war' mentality. It is too expensive at $60 for what little content is available, and it isn't promising enough to invest in with an early access mentality.

For those who enjoy it, good. You have every right to, but if you are one of the people discarding valid criticisms on here or other sites, know that it only hurts you and other consumers. Any game can be made fun with friends, that doesn't make the game good. Any game can be improved in the future, but it does not warrant $60 right now. If you really want to give this a try get a two week game pass trial from Xbox, that is the only way I can suggest for others to explore Sea of Thieves.
  14. Mar 20, 2018
    Five hours in and I cannot in good faith recommend anyone purchase this game unless A: you have plenty of money and consider $60 a fair price for a scant few hours of fun, B: are not concerned with a game that leaves you very little to do and almost no reason to do what little there is, and C: you don't mind the technical issues currently afflicting the game (of which there are only aFive hours in and I cannot in good faith recommend anyone purchase this game unless A: you have plenty of money and consider $60 a fair price for a scant few hours of fun, B: are not concerned with a game that leaves you very little to do and almost no reason to do what little there is, and C: you don't mind the technical issues currently afflicting the game (of which there are only a few). Sea of Thieves has no story, no competitive multiplayer, no character progression (barring cosmetics), and only very little in the way of compelling gameplay. If you read a review claiming you can do anything in this game, you have been lied to, and the same goes for the "different experience every time" BS. There are three quest vendors and about as many shops. The shops all sell cosmetics, and nothing more. The vendors offer one type of quest each, but each of those quests are essentially the exact same: sail to a small, uninteresting island, kill skeletons/capture chickens/dig, bring the thing this gives you back, get paid. Wash, rinse, repeat. That's the overwhelming bulk, and the occasional session-ending glitches, boring combat (4 weapons total), and relentless repetition, all make this one a pass at $60. I could go on--there's only one type of enemy you can fight per land/sea (sharks/skeletons), there's almost no point fighting other players on those rare occasions you do find them, etc., but I won't bore you. It's fun to sail the ships, but there are only two, and you can't upgrade them in meaningful ways, only the cosmetics. Drinking grog and firing yourself out of a canon and sailing across the sea are all honest to goodness fun, but it's not worth $60 dollars by any stretch of the imagination. I am not saying nobody can have fun on this game, just that for the majority of people this will wear off quickly as the limited nature of this game's weapons, enemies, quests, tasks, and upgrades all become harder and harder to ignore. A beautiful grind for no reason is still a grind for no reason--aesthetics aren't a strong enough pillar to make this last. Do not forget No Man's Sky, and resist the hype. Pass this one while it's at full retail price, it just isn't worth it. Pick it up at ~$30 and enjoy it for what it is. Expand
  15. Mar 20, 2018
    A game that sparks your imagination. Oh, the theme, landscapes, ship physics, sound effects. Sadly, that fantasy does not live beyond the first hours, since there is no content and long-term cycles that support it. I hope Xbox could find their right step in this late phase of current console generation.
  16. Mar 22, 2018
    They're asking $60 for this game. If it was free to play I'd give it a 6 or 7. As a $60 I give it 4/10

-This is a pirate fantasy roleplaying game where you can't create your own pirate (you choose from randomly generated appearances) and you can't name your pirate. -There is basically one type of enemy in the game: Skeletons (I'm not counting rattlesnakes since they have no real

-There is basically one type of enemy in the game: Skeletons (I'm not counting rattlesnakes since they have no real combat or counter play to them. they just sit there and poison you if you step on them)

-There are no new types of weapons or equipment to get or use. There are no upgrades. There are no levels. There are no skills or talents. There's nothing to acquire other than new skins for the things you start with.

-There are two types of boats in the game. Big boat and little boat. You don't earn or acquire either, you just start with whichever you choose in the menu. If it sinks it doesn't matter. It just respawns. If you die it doesn't matter. You just respawn and can be teleported back.

-There are no stakes in this game, no meaning to anything, and no sense of ownership over anything you have. It's a pirate themed chat room with nice water. It feels like an early prototype tech demo that belongs nowhere near store shelves.
  17. Mar 21, 2018
    I enjoyed Sea of Thieves for about the first hour before I realised nothing almost nothing had changed from early footage of the game. On the second to third hour, my enjoyment sank like a stone.

While the game is beautiful - and sailing around can be quite relaxing, it's also incredibly tedious. The world is empty. A litany of small, uninteresting islands exist where you might find chickens, pigs, snakes, or skeletons that present no real challenge when it comes to getting in the way of your 17th fetch quest.

Battling other real players is slightly more interesting, but even that feels dull and anticlimactic.

The only benefit here is the game is "free" on Xbox Game Pass. It may be worth a try or an occasional dip in if you want to casually drift around aimlessly for 90% of your gaming session. You certainly don't want to pay full retail price for this - a game which feels very much like a beautiful looking free-to-play title.
  18. Mar 20, 2018
    Please DO NOT buy this game full price, they've sold you on a game with pretty waves.Igave it a two because the waves are so pretty. The island has virtually nothing, the ocean floor has nothing, the sharks are glitchy, the things you kill just disappear into thin air. This could've been so much better, I am so disappointed, my wife and I didn't play the beta we decided to wait and are letPlease DO NOT buy this game full price, they've sold you on a game with pretty waves.Igave it a two because the waves are so pretty. The island has virtually nothing, the ocean floor has nothing, the sharks are glitchy, the things you kill just disappear into thin air. This could've been so much better, I am so disappointed, my wife and I didn't play the beta we decided to wait and are let down. I wish i had played the beta, i would've known that It is not finished, it is empty save for pigs chickens and skeletons. It is dead...I paid 120 for two copies and man do i feel stupid, The only thieves in this sea is Rare. Expand
  19. Mar 22, 2018
    [Update: This review is based off playing both betas and ~15 hours of the retail release via Xbox Game Pass playing predominantly as 3-4 man galleon crews and as a 2 man sloop.]

TL;DR: Sea of Thieves is ambitious but falls flat. The open world is lifeless and becomes boring fast. Quest design is tedious. PvP is a slog. All progression is cosmetic and death/destruction carries little risk or reward. Too shallow to be worth buying, too little content to justify staying subscribed to the Game Pass if this is the only game you were anticipating using the game pass for.

During the betas people making these observations were shouted down with the standard rallying cry of "it's a beta, not everything is available!". But now that the full game is here... well, it hasn't changed much from beta. You get quests and items more frequently - and yes, the kraken is there, albeit quite a disappointment once you realize he's a two trick pony - but the core gameplay loop remains unchanged. It will take an hour or two to acclimate to navigation and land combat but once you've done that you've pretty much hit the climax of the experience. All of the quests are the same, mostly revolving around fetch quests. The islands themselves are bland, feeling like drab copy/pastes just plopped into the ocean, with the same terrain and predictable enemies. Sailing the open seas becomes rote early on as the only threats you encounter are fellow pirates; there's no anti-pirate enemy AI (think the British Navy as the antagonists to the Pirates of the Caribbean). Fall off the ship and get too far away? No problem, a handy merman will just teleport you back. Ship destroyed? No problem, merman will send you to another. Losing treasure hurts until you realize the only thing you'd be doing with that gold is buying more cosmetics anyway.

Rare's idea that they wanted to create a game where anyone can jump in with friends regardless of level is novel but it ultimately means this coop action RPG lacks any carrot on a stick. It's all stick. Unless you're REALLY interested in playing dress up and exterior ship designer, there's little motivation to play long term. Given how one of the chief complaints about Destiny 2 right now is that it focuses too heavily on cosmetic items, I feel like leaning heavily on cosmetics as the primary 'progression' system in a 2018 coop 'mmo-lite' is going to blow up in Rare's face.

PVP is simply tedious. Some say it's tactical but I don't see the tactics in it. These fights almost always devolve into circling in and out of range endlessly until one side or the other tries to run - then you either chase or are chased and the whole thing repeats. But for what? If the ship you attack has no treasure, you get nothing. If it has loads of treasure - more gold for buying cosmetics so, yay, I guess? I suspect it will only be a matter of time before PvP in this game turns into a slower version of The Division's Dark Zone, where people do it more to grief others rather than for any reward or excitement.

I'm tired of hearing the "this game is for people with imagination" excuse because that logic holds no merit. Your imagination is limited to the tools you are given. Consider it this way: You can have the most ornate sandbox with the most expensive, finest sand in the world but if you only have a plastic bucket and a plastic shovel, what you can do with that sand is limited even if your imagination is as vast as Calvin and Hobbes'. Now add in the fact that a game like SoT is even more restrictive on those tools; In your in-game bucket you can literally do only two things, scoop water or vomit in it. You have buckets of wood planks but can't do anything with them except patch ship holes. Your shovel exists only to dig up treasure. If you read a review which uses the buzzphrase 'emergent gameplay', stop reading it immediately. There's no real emergent gameplay here after the first few hours. No ship building. No outpost building. No social hub a la Tortuga. No real risk in the world due to only 6 possible ships in the map at any given time. No bounty system. No player engagement outside of emotes and PVP.

One final note: You may read some people saying you can solo this game. You "can" in the sense of you can start the game and man a sloop by yourself. But you won't be able to do anything of significance without at least one other player.
  20. Mar 20, 2018
    At first i was really... really interested in this game, especially after 2015 E3 which MS show us a gameplay of a pirate game with cartoonish graphics. As a pirate fan i got excited the moment i saw it and started to hype, imagining how good this game is gonna be and what possibilities in terms of gameplay it may offer.

Then came the alphas with a taste of what we should expect, with

Then came the alphas with a taste of what we should expect, with simple but cool mechanincs, the ship handling, the beatiful sea, fetch quests and... thats it. With poor aesthetics and dull missions this game started to be a pain in the ass, losing my attetion couple hours after, even playing with a group of friends this is not a good experience much less a rewarding one. There's no solid progression, everything is cosmetic. The enemys are repetitive and stupid, the pvp laughable.

Gonna give this a chance with gamepass but i can't see a promising future for sea of thieves, unless they add more content and vary the voyages.
  21. Mar 20, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Um jogo todo quebrado, quero meu dinheiro de volta! não sei o que é pior o jogo não ter um modo história ou não ter outros mapas. Expand
  22. Mar 20, 2018
    Não consigo criar palavras para dizer o quanto esse jogo esta quebrado, sinto falta de um jogo bom para o xbox.
  23. Mar 20, 2018
    only 2 ships in a game based on sailing ships. only 3 mission types and they're all very similar: find treasure on a specific island and return it, find specific types of pig or chicken on any island and return them, or find skeleton pirate leader on specific island and kill him, then return his skull. pvp is only fun for griefers as there is no reward for doing it. there is no progressiononly 2 ships in a game based on sailing ships. only 3 mission types and they're all very similar: find treasure on a specific island and return it, find specific types of pig or chicken on any island and return them, or find skeleton pirate leader on specific island and kill him, then return his skull. pvp is only fun for griefers as there is no reward for doing it. there is no progression of any kind, only cosmetic "upgrades." very frustrating to play solo: if you're steering, you can't do anything else on your ship like changing speed or checking the map. if you let go of the steering wheel to do those things, the ship goes off course. Expand
  24. Mar 20, 2018
    + Great water and sailing physics.
    + Enjoyable music and shanties.
    - Boring gameplay loop. - Three factions, all give fetch quests. - Bottle riddles are also fetch quests. - PvP favors griefers, who are already out in force, spawn camping outposts. - Pointless if you aren't in a crew of at least 3; sloops are too easy targets for larger galleons. Not worth $60. Content just
    + Great water and sailing physics.
    + Enjoyable music and shanties.

- Boring gameplay loop.
    - Three factions, all give fetch quests.
    - Bottle riddles are also fetch quests.
    - PvP favors griefers, who are already out in force, spawn camping outposts.

Not worth $60. Content just isn't there to make this game worth playing more than a couple hours.
  25. Mar 24, 2018
    *Updated review in progress, I will try to post it soon. My feelings have become more positive with time*
  26. Mar 20, 2018
    After spending a few days with the beta and playing a day early using the New Zealand trick.... the game seems very very basic. After completing the first few dozen missions for a faction which are identical to each other. Most of which take place on the same island or islands you keep returning too with no enemy variations and about 95% of your time will be travel time. There are someAfter spending a few days with the beta and playing a day early using the New Zealand trick.... the game seems very very basic. After completing the first few dozen missions for a faction which are identical to each other. Most of which take place on the same island or islands you keep returning too with no enemy variations and about 95% of your time will be travel time. There are some hints that maybe things improve as you level up in the factions but i'm now doing missions on their 3rd level and the game didn't improve. It would probably improve with friends but you definitely shouldn't go into this by yourself. *wanted to add my thoughts on the progression which looks to be entirely cosmetic based... which would be nice but the game turned into just doing a bunch of boring repeatable fetch quests for hours to paint your weapon blue or put on a coat. Expand
  27. Mar 20, 2018
    Sailing feels great. Riding the waves and hearing the creaking wood of the ship really sets the mood. Its all downhill from there... The map is tiny and all there is to do is repeat the same three kinds of fetch quest. You can try everything there is to do in this game in five hours or less. After that, you're just grinding the same three quests over and over again for gold that lets youSailing feels great. Riding the waves and hearing the creaking wood of the ship really sets the mood. Its all downhill from there... The map is tiny and all there is to do is repeat the same three kinds of fetch quest. You can try everything there is to do in this game in five hours or less. After that, you're just grinding the same three quests over and over again for gold that lets you buy mostly useless cosmetic items and two guns. Pvp is pretty lackluster and boring. All ships are essentially the same save for cosmetic items, so pvp is just a tedious contest of who runs out of resources first. Having to upgrade to win10, use the nightmare that is the Microsoft store, and spend 60$ for this grind fest is simply not worth it in any way shape or form. This should have been dropped on steam for 20$ at most. Expand
  28. Mar 20, 2018
    For a game about sailing the deep blue seas on an adventure with purpose, Sea of Thieves prefers to stay on the shallow end of the pool. The game was seemingly shipped devoid of any useful content. Full of fetch quests and boring, repetitive environments, this games best moments are at the start of the game when you’re first learning how to sail properly with your friends, shooting eachFor a game about sailing the deep blue seas on an adventure with purpose, Sea of Thieves prefers to stay on the shallow end of the pool. The game was seemingly shipped devoid of any useful content. Full of fetch quests and boring, repetitive environments, this games best moments are at the start of the game when you’re first learning how to sail properly with your friends, shooting each other out of the cannons, winning your first PVP ship battle, or just simply drinking beer in the inn.

When the novelty of these “firsts” wears off though, you’re left $60-100 down with an empty shell of a game that has nothing for you to do but collect cosmetics, do chores, or fart around. You could easily call this game “No Mans Sky: Water Edition” and it would be almost entirely accurate. Both shipped incomplete at FULL retail price when they should have cost $30, both have absolutely nothing exciting to do, and the combat for both games (a noteworthy portion of them) is clunky and unfun.

It’s time to stop rewarding game developers for creating poor, unfinished experiences and time to start demanding more for our money. I had the luxury of playing Sea of Thieves through Xbox’s game pass, but many people spent their hard earned money on this, and that’s a tragedy in itself. No more pre-ordering, no more excuses, no more waiting 6-12 months for them to so “generously” add the rest of the game you paid for. Take a stand.
  29. Mar 21, 2018
    Great visuals, good base game, but that's were it stops. This game has enough content for 4-5 hours, and then u have to make the rest yourself. Sadly to do something awsome u kinda need more then 24 people(which u can't..). Meh mby with constant updates for 2-3 years, mby it has enough to do.
  30. Apr 19, 2018
    The game itself delivers a tecnhical masterpiece, but the lack of content and servers issues destroyed the overall experience. Just one map? Just 3 weapons? U kidding microsoft
  31. Mar 20, 2018
    If this game was a movie it would be a straight to DVD type of movie. Makes sense why it went straight to gamepass I guess. This game is easily forgettable and pretty repetitive. Feeling repetitive after 2 hours is not a good sign. I also don't like the art style or the clunky gameplay mechanics. Nothing AAA about this, and could easily pass as a free-to-play title.
  32. Mar 20, 2018
    Full price por um jogo q só entrega multiplayer com mecânicas enjoativas isso é um roubo, eu esperava mais de um jogo feito pela rare ainda mais pq ela não faz um jogo completo faz anos. RIP RARE
  33. Mar 20, 2018
    So i was really looking forward to this game... and after around 8-9 hours i realize it's the same thing.... all you do is gather chests and get loot, kill a little stronger skeleton then the normal once... There is no progression, only cosmetics. in my opinion this is what kills the game... When you can't really upgrade your ship with anything like longer ranger cannons or mortarSo i was really looking forward to this game... and after around 8-9 hours i realize it's the same thing.... all you do is gather chests and get loot, kill a little stronger skeleton then the normal once... There is no progression, only cosmetics. in my opinion this is what kills the game... When you can't really upgrade your ship with anything like longer ranger cannons or mortar cannons... THIS game is not worth 60 it got to little content and, the little content there is, is just the same three things.... Don't buy it biggest waste of money. Expand
  34. Mar 21, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jogo muito repetitivo e sem ação, passamos muitas horas no barco e as poucas horas em terras são apenas para matar umas caveirinhas. Expand
  35. Mar 20, 2018
    Bad game, bad mechanics, despite all of that the concept is a really good a idea and it has really nice graphics but...really bad execution of that idea into the videogame.
    -No content.
    -Repetitive and boring pve, when you do 3 or 4 quest from different type you have done all of them. -Combat (not with ships) is awful -Price, this can't be for 70€, this is far from be a AAA, it must
    -No content.
    -Combat (not with ships) is awful
    -Price, this can't be for 70€, this is far from be a AAA, it must cost a maximum of 15 or 20€, it seems more like a Indie game (despite the graphics)
  36. Mar 20, 2018
    Very shallow game. I played all betas and there was some fun at first when mechanics was new. Ships and map orienteering done well. But after you find out that there are very few types of quests (and all of them was in betas), no interesting character progression and mechanics (especially fighting) are shallow at best, you are getting tired from this game's routine very quickly. BiggestVery shallow game. I played all betas and there was some fun at first when mechanics was new. Ships and map orienteering done well. But after you find out that there are very few types of quests (and all of them was in betas), no interesting character progression and mechanics (especially fighting) are shallow at best, you are getting tired from this game's routine very quickly. Biggest disappointment of 2018 to date. Expand
  37. Mar 20, 2018
    I have to confess I was a bit skeptical before I played it, but once we set a crew and sailed away, I discovered the most fun I've had in some time; immersion and simplicity are damn near perfectly balanced, a it is deep enough to get you enthused, but not complicated so as to get you frustrated or overwhelmed. Of course it's better to play with friends, but then again, why not making newI have to confess I was a bit skeptical before I played it, but once we set a crew and sailed away, I discovered the most fun I've had in some time; immersion and simplicity are damn near perfectly balanced, a it is deep enough to get you enthused, but not complicated so as to get you frustrated or overwhelmed. Of course it's better to play with friends, but then again, why not making new ones over a mug of grog? Expand
  38. Mar 20, 2018
    I understand why Microsoft has made this game on Gamepass. This sea has no depth at all. It's a sad excuse of a game, and anyone like me that had the hopes of it reviving the name of Rare Games, can give it up. Not only the game has no campaign mode, it has only one mode. Too few items too few choices and a single map. If it wasn't for free on Gamepass, it would surely flop even harder,I understand why Microsoft has made this game on Gamepass. This sea has no depth at all. It's a sad excuse of a game, and anyone like me that had the hopes of it reviving the name of Rare Games, can give it up. Not only the game has no campaign mode, it has only one mode. Too few items too few choices and a single map. If it wasn't for free on Gamepass, it would surely flop even harder, but people won't consider this game's sales because it's on the damn live service... Expand
  39. Mar 20, 2018
    Yes the water looks nice and the game is a good fun laugh, but after several hours you start to realize that there are really only like 3 quests repeated in a different location Zzzzzzz. Like what was rare doing during the huge delay this game got? And why on earth did we need the world's most powerful console to run a game that would look just as nice on a Commodore 286. And how onYes the water looks nice and the game is a good fun laugh, but after several hours you start to realize that there are really only like 3 quests repeated in a different location Zzzzzzz. Like what was rare doing during the huge delay this game got? And why on earth did we need the world's most powerful console to run a game that would look just as nice on a Commodore 286. And how on earth is this a full price game, this should have been priced the same as Cuphead, then maybe I wouldn't have minded the fact that there is literally no content at launch. The player base is going to be 0 by the time State of Decay 2 launches Expand
  40. Mar 20, 2018
    Muito repetitivo,apenas 1 mapa,multiplayer enjoativo.

Muito hype pra pouca coisa ,infelizmente a rare morreu
  41. Mar 20, 2018
    Sea of thieves proves to be an exellent pirate coop adventure with incredible potential and gameplay, that is destined to deliver a lot of fun through mounth and mounth of unending joy. Just be shure to have a trusted mate with you.
  42. Mar 20, 2018
    I was really excited about this but damn it is shallow as a thimble., Lucky I got it on a free trail, asking $100 for this is ridiculous
  43. Mar 20, 2018
    Boring, repetitive game. bad graphics and no content. Rare really died. overrated game
  44. Mar 20, 2018
    Participei do beta e a versão final pouco se alterou. O jogo não é digno do hype que foi feito em torno dele ao longo dos últimos meses. Primeiro não há campanha, o game foi feito para jogar online. O multiplayer é divertido, no entanto, de certo modo, repetitivo. Os gráficos estão bonitos principalmente para quem gosta do estilo, porém não dá pra deixar de pensar que poderia ser um gameParticipei do beta e a versão final pouco se alterou. O jogo não é digno do hype que foi feito em torno dele ao longo dos últimos meses. Primeiro não há campanha, o game foi feito para jogar online. O multiplayer é divertido, no entanto, de certo modo, repetitivo. Os gráficos estão bonitos principalmente para quem gosta do estilo, porém não dá pra deixar de pensar que poderia ser um game da geração passada. O combate é esquisito, mas as batalhas de navios são divertidas. Para os donos de Xbox que muito esperavam, não foi dessa vez, guardem seu dinheiro para State of Decay 2. Expand
  45. Mar 20, 2018
    Game has a nice art style. That's about all I like. The guns and combat feel wonky, and were not the focus. Ships sail okay, but this isn't getting high marks for making it more difficult to control a ship - you'd be better off playing assassin's creed 4. There might have been some fun buried in this game that was probably easy to get to when you didn't have a bunch of 18 year oldsGame has a nice art style. That's about all I like. The guns and combat feel wonky, and were not the focus. Ships sail okay, but this isn't getting high marks for making it more difficult to control a ship - you'd be better off playing assassin's creed 4. There might have been some fun buried in this game that was probably easy to get to when you didn't have a bunch of 18 year olds running around griefing you in your ship for an hour after they took your loot, but that's pretty much the size of this. Avoid this at all costs. Expand
  46. Mar 20, 2018
    Use os 14 dias gratuitos da Game Pass pra testar o jogo, porque definitivamente não vale sua compra. O jogo lembra uma beta, com tão pouco conteúdo presente. O end-game? Destravar cosmeticos pro seu pirata. Senso de progressão? Nenhum. Sinceramente, nem perca seu tempo.
  47. Mar 20, 2018
    Uma droga, joguei algumas hrs no PC e logo em seguida desinstalei. Jogo chato, repetitivo, tedioso e mais uma vez REPETITIVO AO EXTREMO!!!! Mais uma porcaria lançada pela M$.
    Sabia que isso seria outro FLOP
  48. Mar 20, 2018
    Absolutely boring game in a good looking cover, there is no adventure, only chests, snakes and chickens.Concept is interesting, but realisation is awful with a weak of content.
  49. Mar 20, 2018
    Cara, joguei a beta e senti falta de conteúdo, o jogo final é a mesma coisa...
    A única graça é a batalha de navios, todo o resto é a mesma coisa seja, conteúdo 0 como minha nota.

Fiquem a vontade pra flopar esse jogo, e boa sorte pra quem pagou R$200,00 por isso.
    Já até me arrependi de gastar R$29,00 no gamepass.
  50. Mar 20, 2018
    Bad game with poor graphics and slow loadings.

I do not recommend anyone to buy this game.
  51. Mar 20, 2018
    Its great to see that good old Rare is back! I mean this game has Rare written all over it. From the beautiful landscapes, over the top seamless Multiplayer, True course navigation and plenty of plunder, fire and RUM with bananas top top over it. Absolutely must have. Specially if you already have Xbox Game Pass!
  52. Mar 20, 2018
    The game is great with a FUN open world and player interaction. Good for casual gamers and"professionals" alike. I can recommend it also for a very good art style and thrill of the very danger pirate life. Watch out for the sharks!
  53. Mar 20, 2018
    I love the way to control a ship.I love the way to control a ship.I love the way to control a ship.
  54. Mar 20, 2018
    Xbox one exclusive with strong gameplay, multiplayer and crazy things to do, Rare you are back !!! Buy it if you can play with firends. Set sails it's never been so much funny!!
  55. Mar 20, 2018
    When I first arrived in Sea of thieves, the atmosphere brought back memories of Breath of the Wild.. but on the Sea. The exploration is the best you will get in a video game and its fun factor is on another level, and lets not talk about how good those water effects. This game isn't for the boring people. Its a social game similar to games like World of Warcraft. It requires team work or aWhen I first arrived in Sea of thieves, the atmosphere brought back memories of Breath of the Wild.. but on the Sea. The exploration is the best you will get in a video game and its fun factor is on another level, and lets not talk about how good those water effects. This game isn't for the boring people. Its a social game similar to games like World of Warcraft. It requires team work or a lot of skill. I recommend playing this with a friend or in a group. Playing Solo is still a fun experience if you know how to manage yourself and the thrill of being chased or hunted by other players is adrenaline boosting. Well done Rare, they took a risk and found a hidden gem under the sand. Expand
  56. Mar 20, 2018
    Awesome game. Rare team make this game so funny and exciting. Can't stop playing
  57. Mar 20, 2018
    Awesome game. Rare team make this game so funny and exciting., I highly recommend
  58. Mar 20, 2018
    Another awesome xbox one exclusive with strong gameplay and beatuful world :)
  59. Mar 20, 2018
    The best multiplayer experience I ever had. The great sandbox game. Very funny and excited playing with friends. Beautiful graphic and very good optimization. I hope this project will get more new features and content for many years. Strongly recomended for good evenigs with yours friends!
  60. Mar 20, 2018
    It's a fun coop game for sure. Great artstyle and amazing water. My only issue is the 30fps. It's hard to go back after playing Fortnite, Halo, Gears etc in 60fps.
    Would probably be a 10 if it was 60fps.
  61. Mar 30, 2018
    While this game has a fantastic concept and a gorgeous world, there is absolutely no content. Everything from the beta is basically the same as the final game. There is no progression, every quest feels the same, and your only reward is gold which you can use to buy stuff that looks different. What Makes this worse is the fact that it seems the developers purposely made it like this. InWhile this game has a fantastic concept and a gorgeous world, there is absolutely no content. Everything from the beta is basically the same as the final game. There is no progression, every quest feels the same, and your only reward is gold which you can use to buy stuff that looks different. What Makes this worse is the fact that it seems the developers purposely made it like this. In their videos they talk about how they chose to have no upgrades, so that it's fair for all players. What? Ever heard of matchmaking? Ever heard of scaling weapon damage (like in Destiny PVP)? The game is great for the first 2 hours, but then there is literally nothing to do. The only other thing is to fight other people, but the combat feels like it was made for the N64. It's slow, imprecise, and janky as hell. It's an early access game that was priced as a full game. Not worth more than 20 dollars. And even then I'd say your still getting ripped off. Expand
  62. Mar 27, 2018
    Sea of Thieves is a really fun game. However, because of the lack of rules, it's really abusable. In my first 20 hours of gameplay, this is what I've noticed.

Camping Camping outposts is really common and really popular. As a sloop player for the first 10 hours if I saw a 4 man camping the outpost it became "time to visit another outpost". That kind of gameplay isn't fun. As a 4 man, I

Camping
    Camping outposts is really common and really popular. As a sloop player for the first 10 hours if I saw a 4 man camping the outpost it became "time to visit another outpost". That kind of gameplay isn't fun. As a 4 man, I found that while unloading we'd just get barraged by other groups and have some but a very small portion stolen. This also isn't fun. Its the equivalent of dying while turning in a quest to only realize you have to do the quest again entirely. In WOW they have guards that punish players for killing in certain areas but still allowing it. Not every outpost should be a safe zone but there should be at least 1 area where you can safely turn in quests. A lot like a pirates haven.

Spawn Abuse
    In my last 5 hours of playing I was with a fairly well coordinated 4 man. We were taking a stronghold and halfway through someone tried to sink our ship. No big deal we take them on and enjoy the action. We sink their ship after landing 15 shots to the submerged part of the ship. So we go back to the stronghold and keep on fighting it while a few of our guys repair then meet back up. The guys who we just sunk respawn and come over. We sink them again. We continue the stronghold. They come over again they finally sink us and the stronghold was at the boss. We lost once but because spawning is abusable we lost a lot of work. To me, there should be some kind of New Life Rule or NLR. The fact that we sunk them in a completely fair matchup should have been the end of that quarrel. Extremely lame that you can win and those who lost get to abuse respawning until they win if their spawns are lucky enough. To me, this feels like I'm wasting my time playing. I enjoyed taking the stronghold I enjoyed fighting the enemies. I did not enjoy getting cheesed and the game permits it. Which pretty much negates any fun I was having.

Quests
    Quests are highly repetitive. Maybe scale difficulty quicker. A lot of the level 15 quests feels no harder than the level 1. You have skeletons you have bosses use them. Too many quests demand the same thing without variation in difficulty. Every now and then you do get a good hard one but it's not often. Also for merchant quests, it would be nice to turn it in anywhere since outpost camping is a thing and its hard enough doing the merchant quests for fun anyways.

NonQuest Items
    Nonquest items contribute jack all to your rank in that guild. It really should contribute just as much since getting items from quests is actually easier since it screams "THE LOOT IS RIGHT HERE".

Price
    For 60$ you won't get much for variety here. Realistically the game should cost 20$ or 30$ the 60$ is a cash grab and a joke until the price is brought down I do not recommend playing this game.

Conclusion
    It's not bad but if you already have gamepass do not pay the 60$ on this game it will leave you with regret. I would actually recommend buying gamepass for a week and you'll experience all this game has to offer for 10$.

Cheers and happy Sailing!
  63. Mar 28, 2018
    tentei jogar ,eu insisti muito mais infelizmente o jogo é muito chato, cara e frustante e muito parado o jogo as batalhas são fracas a nivel de criança , tem um grafico legal mais n tem emoção nehuma n tem nada pra fazer e muito puro, detestei, prefiro jogar chuaphead mesmo do que isto ai.
  64. Jun 17, 2018
    After around 4 hours of playing, I feel like I've done everything. This is one of the most boring games I have ever played. Repetitive, clunky, and way too easy. All of this could have been solved if the combat wasn't so awful, the game wasn't insultingly repetitive, and the game had content. So pretty much the whole game. On the plus side the game looks amazing, sounds amazing, and thereAfter around 4 hours of playing, I feel like I've done everything. This is one of the most boring games I have ever played. Repetitive, clunky, and way too easy. All of this could have been solved if the combat wasn't so awful, the game wasn't insultingly repetitive, and the game had content. So pretty much the whole game. On the plus side the game looks amazing, sounds amazing, and there are some short lived fun moments. But at $60, this game is a complete and utter rip-off. Don't buy it. Expand
  65. May 2, 2018
    A idéia de multiplayer do jogo é interessante, porem é um jogo sem conteúdo , poucos tipo de missões e bem pouco variedade de inimigo ! é o famoso jogo de 1 mês só !!
  66. Oct 25, 2018
    I started playing Sea of Thieves when I all of my friends got the game and said that it was a fun game. I was welcomed by bright colors and a beautiful open world. What caught me off guard was the constant grind to get that new hat or that new coat you really wanted for your character. You had to complete several long, tedious missions just for a small bit of gold. Another problem withI started playing Sea of Thieves when I all of my friends got the game and said that it was a fun game. I was welcomed by bright colors and a beautiful open world. What caught me off guard was the constant grind to get that new hat or that new coat you really wanted for your character. You had to complete several long, tedious missions just for a small bit of gold. Another problem with this game is catering to single players who do not have friends to play it with. The missions you are tasked with are very difficult and you die often when you play alone. The final thing I will pick on is the very slow, dull sword fighting mechanics. This is definitely the most boring and tedious part of the entire game Expand
  67. May 30, 2018
    Shame this comes from a previously great studio, has nothing going for it it seems that business as usual Rare started developing and funds stopped half way through so had to push it out in its current state, feel sorry for Rare. The game is boring beyond imagination and worse yet we're asked 60 USD/EUR for it.
  68. Aug 14, 2018
    Parabéns Microsoft! Sea of Thieves certamente estará na minha lista dos piores jogos que ja joguei. vaiphil
  69. Aug 15, 2018
    Sea of Thieves is everything you would want from a pirate game. For the first few hours it is amazing! the cooperative play with my buddies was amazing! how ever it all ends after that first 3 hours of fun, Sea of Thieves fails to hit that 3 hours of fun again. It's as wide as an ocean, but has the depth of a puddle. There's no reason to turn my Xbox on and play this game, I feel like iSea of Thieves is everything you would want from a pirate game. For the first few hours it is amazing! the cooperative play with my buddies was amazing! how ever it all ends after that first 3 hours of fun, Sea of Thieves fails to hit that 3 hours of fun again. It's as wide as an ocean, but has the depth of a puddle. There's no reason to turn my Xbox on and play this game, I feel like i have seen everything this game has to offer, which is really upsetting because I wanted to love this game. Expand
  70. Nov 20, 2018
    No mans sky is more interesting than this even when no mans sky was just released as it was. "Sea of Thieves water" if that the only highlight of this game what does that tell you about it. No story,pointless grinding for cosmetics,i am even more surprised that they didn't add the micro transactions to buy the gear in the game, i am pretty sure people would have forked over some money soNo mans sky is more interesting than this even when no mans sky was just released as it was. "Sea of Thieves water" if that the only highlight of this game what does that tell you about it. No story,pointless grinding for cosmetics,i am even more surprised that they didn't add the micro transactions to buy the gear in the game, i am pretty sure people would have forked over some money so they wouldn't have to travel to a island and keep finding a chicken just to eventually buy a hat or a top.

I have no idea what Rare was thinking when they released this game, i would rather play fallout 76 rather than this, what does that tell you.

Comparing this to No Mans Sky is a insult, to No Mans Sky.

This is ok with friends, playing solo on the other hand. Expect to be really bored, really quick.
  71. Nov 2, 2018
    BAD GAME
    A Xbox nunca le han importado los videojuegos y esta es solo una muestra de varias, el dinero es lo que manda con estos empresarios gringos.
    BAD GAME
    Un insulto total a los jugadores, y también al nicho de jugadores menores de 10 años, ya recordarán que compró a RARE y lo que hizo solo fue mandar a la basura muchos buenos proyectos, solo porque eran muy políticamente correctos, así es amigos, Microsoft solo quiere publicar ni desarrollar juegos que contengan morbo o americanismo por doquier, por eso es que Sony y Nintendo van a ser siempre superiores, vamos las empresas japonesas.
  72. Nov 25, 2018
    Very little content, looks like a polished indie game. If there was content, and it was $9.99, could be a great game. Playing alone this game is abysmal, with friends you might laugh because your friends are funny people. The most regretful game purchase I have ever made.
  73. Sep 5, 2018
    The game is buggy at best. But the real crime is that this game cost just as much as other big AAA titles. Take The Witcher 3 - A game with 100+ hours of content, with great voice acting and i could go one. Then there is Sea of Thieves. With not much to do at all. Sure, you will have fun during the first 10 hours. Then you see the cracks. The same missions over and over. Fetch this. KillThe game is buggy at best. But the real crime is that this game cost just as much as other big AAA titles. Take The Witcher 3 - A game with 100+ hours of content, with great voice acting and i could go one. Then there is Sea of Thieves. With not much to do at all. Sure, you will have fun during the first 10 hours. Then you see the cracks. The same missions over and over. Fetch this. Kill this. Over and over.
    Drop the price at least to half - Then you will have a quite good game. No way near worth the asking price!! It's a gloryfied demo. Do not listen to the scores from "Official Xbox Magazine" - It's a microsoft game. No doubt they will rate it high no matter what.
  74. Jun 13, 2018
    Fun for a while but later...non existing progression if you don't count skins. Same repeating quests, small map and swimming/sailing will lost it's charm rather quickly. You better spend your money elsewhere.almost 5 years in development and this is the result?
  75. Aug 12, 2018
    Stupid, boring, and online sucks! This game is basically The Divisions' Dark Zone in the sea. I did like the Fable style art they used, but other than that, the game was a total let down.
  76. Dec 21, 2018
    DO NOT BUY. Play for free with the game pass free 14 day trial. You will be tired of it in 3 days. The community is worse than rust, the controls are clunky, and there is very little real content. You will be attacked without a single word by every person you come across. If you were wanting to have a fun time being a pirate on the high seas, you WILL be disappointed because there is noDO NOT BUY. Play for free with the game pass free 14 day trial. You will be tired of it in 3 days. The community is worse than rust, the controls are clunky, and there is very little real content. You will be attacked without a single word by every person you come across. If you were wanting to have a fun time being a pirate on the high seas, you WILL be disappointed because there is no honor among thieves and the developers want it that way. The outposts are places there COULD be meaningful player interaction but instead its just battleground that leaves you unsatisfied.

Great water physics though, its obvious ALL of the work went into the water physics
  77. Dec 20, 2018
    Very bad, microsoft ruins everything

hope they fix the game, actually it sucks
  78. Sep 8, 2018
    It's beautiful. It can be fun, but unless you're playing with your friends it doesn't have very much charm. Even so, after a few hours the charm it does have wears off very quickly. I want to like it more, but its the kind of game I'd rather watch on youtube. I'm sure if it were at least half of it's price tag more people would be on board. Rating - 66%
  79. Apr 20, 2018
    This game IS fun to play, but like most users already said, content wise it's just so god damn barebones.
    Sea of Thieves could've been really huge, but sadly they didn't take the opportunity.
  80. May 19, 2018
    Expensive, boring (alone) , incomplete, and the world is empty.

The game doesn't have a main menu, Character selection is **** and the game is not funny after 3 hours. I am not stingy but $70 is to much for this, the game must be free to play or have a cost of $30 maximum. As I said, the game is boring after a few hours, the game need special events, real missions, more enemies,
    Expensive, boring (alone) , incomplete, and the world is empty.

As I said, the game is boring after a few hours, the game need special events, real missions, more enemies, and at least a exclusive PVP mode, and a basic main menu please. I will be happy with a PVP mode at least.

This game its incomplete and they are selling this as a GOTY.

Please maximum $30, a PVP mode and special events, that's all I want.

This game is good and have potential, but due his expensive and stingy price, his empty world, and for been a incomplete game, this good game is now a piece of **** that don't deserve your money and your time.

3/5.
  81. May 29, 2018
    Sea of Thieves is pretty much the No Man's Sky of the Xbox One. It's a vast, beautiful world full of potential. The game just doesn't deliver upon that potential. Everything from the character "creation" to the poor/limited customization options, to the same 3 repetitive quest types that will provide a couple of hours of fun before getting tiresome. The first few hours will have you in aweSea of Thieves is pretty much the No Man's Sky of the Xbox One. It's a vast, beautiful world full of potential. The game just doesn't deliver upon that potential. Everything from the character "creation" to the poor/limited customization options, to the same 3 repetitive quest types that will provide a couple of hours of fun before getting tiresome. The first few hours will have you in awe solely because of the unique visuals and that's where the initial awe ends. For the price tag, Sea of Thieves is most definitely not worth it. Wait for a sale or for added content. For as big as Sea of Thieves is, it lacks in content and that can make the difference between a good game and a bad game. In it's current state, Sea of Thieves isnt a good game, but it is a good looking game. That's about all that is currently going for Sea of Thieves. Expand
  82. Mar 28, 2018
    When No Mans Sky launched with more content than your game, you know you Microsoft/Rare has been lying to buyers.
  83. Mar 27, 2018
    A great tech demo, but this is not a game yet. In another two years this could be one, but right now it is just a good looking empty box. It is not even a sandbox, as you cannot carry out your own missions. There are three npcs that hand out missions, and they are always the same. Either hunt animals, skeletons, or treasure. No variation, no ability to do these things on your own, noA great tech demo, but this is not a game yet. In another two years this could be one, but right now it is just a good looking empty box. It is not even a sandbox, as you cannot carry out your own missions. There are three npcs that hand out missions, and they are always the same. Either hunt animals, skeletons, or treasure. No variation, no ability to do these things on your own, no character progression, no reason to play more than a few hours.

This is not a game, for everyone. Those claiming it is an 8-10 are clearly self-delusional, trying to shill, or are M$/Rare employees. My guess is that they are hoping that if enough people are fooled into purchasing, then Rare will eventually add enough content to turn this into a compelling multiplayer game. Gambling like that is what Kickstarter is for. Not a *supposedly* AAA game company backed by M$.
  84. Mar 28, 2018
    Like all ms games this gen its trash with microtransactions, selling my xbox and getting a ps4
  85. Mar 27, 2018
    This game sucks!! is the great failure of xbox the tomb of microsoft!!! Deserves a total fair review, as do all others. It isn't a 4 and it isn't a 1, it's a 3 and here is why. Generally video game reviews grade on a scale from 4 to 10, meaning that mediocre games often get 3s and 5s. I do not agree with this standard. A 2 to me, is a mediocre game that has only a few enjoyable/good thingsThis game sucks!! is the great failure of xbox the tomb of microsoft!!! Deserves a total fair review, as do all others. It isn't a 4 and it isn't a 1, it's a 3 and here is why. Generally video game reviews grade on a scale from 4 to 10, meaning that mediocre games often get 3s and 5s. I do not agree with this standard. A 2 to me, is a mediocre game that has only a few enjoyable/good things about it. Sea of Thieves embodies this **** Expand
  86. Mar 27, 2018
    This game is worth like 10$, there's nothing to do after 1h of game play. Graphic is ok, but above that, no story, no amazing quest, you'll be better with AC 4: black flag if u want pirat experience xD
  87. Mar 26, 2018
    What happened to the economy in the Sea Of Thieves world? Was there hyper-inflation in the years since the chests of gold were buried by the previous generation of treasure-obsessed pirates?

How else do you explain that it takes two days of adventuring, maybe some 20-30 chests of gold to buy one ... freaking ... jacket - not a tier-3 uber OP jacket - the first jacket upgrade in the game?!

After two days of repetitive grind my increasingly desperate pirate calculated he would have to play for 60 solid days, collecting something approaching 2000 chests from INCREDIBLY repetitive missions to get the outfit he wanted and a few ship upgrades. What the heck, Rare, we have lives - and a huge array of other ways to entertain ourselves!

This is the most grindy game I have ever played, coupled with problems like (literally) one type of enemy, snakes with more health than sharks, physics engine bugs that have sunken ships leaving the water and flying overhead(!), a tiny game world, repetitive under-populated islands, just 3 basically identical quest types and horribly poor balance between small and large crews when it comes to the much-touted skeleton forts, this game officially stinks worse than a bilge-rat boot.

What a rush-job - a great graphics engine and a satisfying sailing mechanic do not a game make - virtually every mobile game has greater depth and variety. Do NOT waste your money - give it 18 months and check back in - or just go play Monkey Island, Sid Meier's Pirates or Ron Gilbert's underrated mobile game Scallywags to get your piratey-fix.

No wonder Guybrush was so willing to sell "fine leather jackets" - he must have been the richest pirate in the whole Caribbean...
  88. Mar 27, 2018
    Fun game play at first in beta but after few days doesn't feel like there's anything new to do. Called Microsoft and they gave me FULL REFUND for the game as long as haven't requested any refunds in last 6 months. If not good game should call Microsoft and get refund and let developer know games has lack of content.
  89. Mar 28, 2018
    I made an account just now, because you might like to know...IGN actually gave this barebones $60 game a higher score than Alien Isolation (They gave Alien less than a 6). You know... A game that actually has CONTENT, a STORY, as well as this so called "Good Foundation". OH AND THERES NO MICROSTRANSACTIONS IN ALIEN ISOLATION BUT THERE IS GONNA BE FOR SoT!

**** off, seriously just ****

**** off, seriously just **** off IGN. Rare had many years, and the support of a several BILLION dollar company... to at least animate a body for the Kraken, or actually put more missions. Maybe even adding more than literally, LITERALLY, 2 enemy NPCs on ALL the islands. Skeletons, and snakes. Would it kill them to add even just a spider? Microsoft exclusive budget couldn't handle it? And they call this a pirate game, wheres the british army trying to stop us from getting rich? Getting loot is WAAAY too ez, and it makes me feel more like I'm doing chores tha being an actual pirate. It was harder to steal a chocolate bar as a little kid, than it was to get loot from the skull island, which literally just has the same skeletons over and over and over again.

There's only 2 melee animations in the ENTIRE sword fighting "pirate" game. I wish I was exaggerating. I am not. Forget about having a decent ship to ship battle because of the wonky controls and the extremely, and I really mean EXTREMELY limited arsenal. If you've done it once, you've done all there is to do with that. I don't even know what the point of looting is, because literally everything you can buy in the game is cosmetic only. Once you got all the gun types (which you could probably get in under 20 minutes) it doesn't help you do any better at anything. So why even bother? Don't let me start with the overpriced sail paintjobs. They don't make your boat any faster. There is nothing to do, and there is no reason to do anything once you played the first time. There is only TWO kinds of ships in a PIRATE game! WHY? At least put a ****ing row boat in the game we're not all that picky! You can't even fish or sell sharks and whales for money like in AC4. You can't even rob merchant ships because they do not exist in this game. How did Ubisoft make a better pirate game with actual looting, when the pirating was just a small part of the story? They really **** the bed with this game I'm sorry to say.

But yeah sure, give Rare a pass because apparently all we need to sell a full priced game and get a decent review, is a "GOOD FOUNDATION!"

And people wonder why more and more games keep coming out like this. Hyped up, unfinished, full priced, but it's ok because at least it had a concept...and now they have your money too...(like it's really that hard to imagine a pirate game ffs) Seriously being a gamer sucks sometimes these days.

Oh and no! I'm not happy at all that this game did bad. I wanted it the second I heard about it, because I loved the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies and Assassin's Creed Black Flag.I preordered full price right after it was announced because Rare was good. I had faith they could do this. I actually got really sad once I started playing the game and saw that all that hype was wasted... and there isn't a new first party pirate game coming anytime soon. That's messed up. It's fun with friends, but I've done a lot of regrettable stupid things with friends and still had fun. If you're actually dumb enough to give Alien Isolation a lower score than SoT, you would most likely be the type to have fun with friends watching paint dry, in the rain...

On some other site some idiot removed my comments because I called out the games shortcomings. I hope he gets punched in the nuts every time he falls asleep for the rest of his life. People like that, and everyone of those "critics" who gave this game a positive review, is your ****ing enemy if you're a gamer. They would have every game go to ruin just like this one, when it was supposed to be good
  90. Mar 27, 2018
    This is a glorified demo or No Mans Sky water edition.

There are 3 voyages that you do and no matter what voyage you pick you end up doing the same things over and over. Go to island X kill some skeletons or go to island Y and dig up a chest. Maybe you like to collect chickens then go to island W and collect some chickens. The game is shallow and has very little stuff to keep players
    This is a glorified demo or No Mans Sky water edition.

The game is shallow and has very little stuff to keep players coming back for more. Right now the only thing your working for is gold so you can buy some skins to look cool the problem here is the skins are over priced because they dont have enough skins to sell.For example there are several coats that all look almost identical the only difference is the color there is no variety in the gear you can buy.

PVP can be fun at times having epic ship battles but those only happen 10 percent of the time. If you do try to level up fast then do a raid that takes 2-3 hours because you have to not only fight through waves of skeletons but you also have to deal with people that troll you. I can not count how many times my group has done a raid only to have some sloop show up steal the key then hide it so we cant find it. This is aggravating because you just wasted 3 hours not really enjoying the content because its so much rinse and repeat and you have nothing to show for your wasted time.

There is also the issue with the fact that all the islands are identical sure they have different placement of assets but none of them have a unique character that makes me reorganize them as soon as I step foot on them. The servers right now only support 7 ships so the world feels like a empty place. If you want a ship simulator where you spend most of your time on a boat doing nothing then this is the game for you. I would say take advantage of the game pass and try the game for 14 days and then sign up for a month of the game pass. This game IMO is only worth $15-$20 not the full fledged 60 or more that Microsoft wants.
  91. Mar 25, 2018
    well made game engine, but nothing to do in game, same monster with different color, same quests over and over, only two events
  92. Mar 27, 2018
    The game looks amazing, the graphics and animations are beautiful, but the game lacks so much content, I got bored after playing the game for about 5-6 hours. There is no character creation, you can't upgrade your ship, you don't have any kind of progression aside from some cosmetics even though you pretty much never see your character. It is disappointing and boring, I asked for a refund.The game looks amazing, the graphics and animations are beautiful, but the game lacks so much content, I got bored after playing the game for about 5-6 hours. There is no character creation, you can't upgrade your ship, you don't have any kind of progression aside from some cosmetics even though you pretty much never see your character. It is disappointing and boring, I asked for a refund. If you really want to play this game then my tip is this: Wait for a couple of months and see if it got any more content. If not: Don't buy the game. Expand
  93. Mar 27, 2018
    Game has a lot of potential but I think they will make the necessary changes. Game is very repetitive with no real reason to play
  94. Mar 27, 2018
    Such a beautiful game. The art is clearly very well-done.

However, for $60 there is no real game. The only three missions you really get are so pathetically repetitive. You could play for a single hour and finish every single mission type possible.
  95. Apr 1, 2018
    1 type of enemy in the game, wait 2 if you count Kraken. 3 types of fetch missions. No progression, pvp stats, ranks, guilds etc. You name it, this game wont have it. Oh and i guess there was more ships than 2 back in the pirate day?
  96. Apr 19, 2018
    This is just 10 % of a game, everything that should be in it will only be available for microtransactions, how can you have microtransactions, when there is otherwise NOTHING to do?
  97. Mar 28, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Queria mais conteúdo no jogo tá muito repetitivo e isso enjoa rápido,minha nota é essa pq esperava mais do jogo. Expand
  98. Sep 21, 2018
    This is Exibit A of why you never preorder. Microsoft ant Rare got your money back in 2017 and immediately hit the money they needed to not go over budget. Stopped working on the game immediately i would imagine. Literally gave everyone a bare empty world and nothing to do within it. Rare and Microsoft should be ashamed of this rip of a product. Bad business. Watch everyone shift rightThis is Exibit A of why you never preorder. Microsoft ant Rare got your money back in 2017 and immediately hit the money they needed to not go over budget. Stopped working on the game immediately i would imagine. Literally gave everyone a bare empty world and nothing to do within it. Rare and Microsoft should be ashamed of this rip of a product. Bad business. Watch everyone shift right over to Sony now. This game actually made me buy a PS4 it was so bad. Expand
  99. Apr 7, 2018
    What a waste of time this game is... 30 hours doing the same **** to buy cosmetics... Better luck next time Rare because i'm done with this boring game.
  100. Apr 21, 2018
    One enemy type (not including the bodyless kraken. A dismal amount of weapons. Finding treasure chests, only to realise you need to take it to some guy to open it who gives you gold every single time. Yuck..... We have the most powerful console and this is what we get, sad time to be a Xbox owner.

1. Jun 6, 2018
    Sea of Thieves provides all the necessary tools to the players willing to dive together in great naval adventures, full of smaller quests and epic sea battles.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    May 1, 2018
    An amazing world full of promise, but currently rather empty. More updates will be key. [May 2018, p.74]
  3. games(TM)
    Apr 20, 2018
    We have nothing but respect for Rare's vision with Sea of Thieves, but it is a game as likely to chew you up and spit you out, as it is to embrace you. If the wind is in your favour then it can be a delight, but a storm is never far off if you lose momentum. The real test of the quality and efficacy of Rare's plan will be in how it manages to evolve and grow in the weeks and months to come. [Issue#199, p.67]