7.9

1. Mar 22, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a stylish stealth/action adventure that, emphasizes precision and skill based combat. It doesn’t require full on stealth while still allowing it, and includes break-neck melee combat against threats of massive proportions with a heightened excitement of a new IP. It’s sincerely imaginative and supports a focused experience that down sizes some of FromSekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a stylish stealth/action adventure that, emphasizes precision and skill based combat. It doesn’t require full on stealth while still allowing it, and includes break-neck melee combat against threats of massive proportions with a heightened excitement of a new IP. It’s sincerely imaginative and supports a focused experience that down sizes some of From Software’s previous senses without losing its new feel and mystery. Sekiro is an amazing new twist on a familiar set of ideas that can stand on its own alongside its predecessors. From the moment I began the game I knew I was in for a AAA giant game that was definitely in the running for Game Of The Year. Sekiro is a truly new expression of the designs philosophy that FromSoftware has spent years refining. Mega-Fans will rejoice in every second of tense combat, rich environments, challenging and puzzle based boss battling, and stealth-killing enemies to glory. This is a boss-battle focused game with a target lock-on and is pretty much ninja gaming perfection. If you’re into 50-60 hours of intense story telling and over the top balanced gaming, then you have found it. If you haven’t bought this game yet. Why? It’s going to be GOTY, and the year is still young... Expand
  2. May 1, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an action adventure game that has a strong focus on precision timing combat. In the game you play as a shinobi who must sneak, kill, and run through areas filled with a pretty good variety of enemies and lands that are all beautiful in design and enjoyable in combat. However, calling your character a ninja is kind of a bit of a misnomer, because the game reallySekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an action adventure game that has a strong focus on precision timing combat. In the game you play as a shinobi who must sneak, kill, and run through areas filled with a pretty good variety of enemies and lands that are all beautiful in design and enjoyable in combat. However, calling your character a ninja is kind of a bit of a misnomer, because the game really encourages you to fight head on head and engage in duels, and often disregards its own stealth and tool mechanics for the sake of it. This is because that for many of the stronger enemies and all of the bosses, the best and most efficient way to fight is by fighting them directly and focus on parrying. The entire game revolves around the parry mechanic, and while that is fine and dandy, it does quickly create a dissonance between story and game. This dissonance is pervasive, as the story and mechanics never feel connected, as you are told one thing and proceed in a completely different fashion, which really mars what would otherwise be an absolutely excellent game. in addition, a lot of the characters, plot, and the world have a similar dissonance.

(MINOR SPOILER AHEAD) One important side character you meet, (not saying her name so to avoid spoiling too much) one that really you are expected to feel connected to due to how useful she is in the game, will tell you, if you do what is necessary, that she has an affinity for monkeys and has a strong connection to them due to an experience she had when young. Yet if you fight her in one of the endings she fights pretty much like a standard samurai, not like her character would suggest, in a wild monkey like fashion, or through any way that reflects her character. Many figures in the game have this issue, while not all, those that do bother me, and yet again create a dissonance just continues to pervade the game's world.

Regardless of how the story and characters don't connect with the game play I find the game to be very enjoyable for anyone looking for a challenging plot driven game that focuses on raw skill and precision over all else, and while the world and story are not as strong as Bloodborne, another fromsoft title, it is definitely a quality piece of entertainment. If you want a new challenge then pick up this unique title today.
  3. Apr 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Took me a bit longer to learn the mechanics and deflect system, longest learning curve i have ever taken in a fromSoft title, in my opinion still not as amazing as bloodborne but still a very impressive game. Beautiful graphics and amazing combat once you learn to master it, hope for dlc in future. 2 complaints are frame rate stutters on the xbox one s, and sometimes the camera messing up, and in my struggles with guardian ape i got stuck in the wall a few times. None the less amaing game. 9/10 Expand
  4. Jun 5, 2019
    FromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad itsFromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad its pretty damn good!

Verdict: In the end Sekiro is an amazing challenging game from the awesome Japanese devs FromSoftware. If your into challenging games with glorious gameplay, boss fights and an intriguing story than you should definitely buy sekiro!
  5. Apr 13, 2019
    Fromsoftware no decepciona, muy buen sistema de combate que tienes que acostumbrarte a el, la historia muy buena y los lugares hermosos y los enemigos igual, solo que la música no es tan buena y épica como la saga souls. La dificultad no es tan difícil como dicen, solo al principio ya que te tienes que acostumbrar y no tienes nada, es obvio, pero con el tiempo se va poniendo mas fácil yaFromsoftware no decepciona, muy buen sistema de combate que tienes que acostumbrarte a el, la historia muy buena y los lugares hermosos y los enemigos igual, solo que la música no es tan buena y épica como la saga souls. La dificultad no es tan difícil como dicen, solo al principio ya que te tienes que acostumbrar y no tienes nada, es obvio, pero con el tiempo se va poniendo mas fácil ya que claro te has mejorado. Este juego se baso mucho en la skill que tengas, si tienes muy pocos reflejos sufrirás. Yo si lo recomiendo si has jugado la saga souls y si no también solo que tienes que tener mucha paciencia y habilidad. Expand
  6. Apr 24, 2019
    Really nice and innovative game in this type of genre, with the posture and fighting style. Only complaint is the camera will sometimes screw up the fight scene by moving around and getting stuck on a corner.
  7. Mar 23, 2019
    First of all, let's get this out of the way: Sekiro does a terrible job of teaching you its new skills and complex inventory. You will need to backtrack to the very small and questionable hub often to upgrade prosthetics without really being told so. If you get past the milestone of understanding how the game works, everything starts to get much less frustrating and starts to feel fair.First of all, let's get this out of the way: Sekiro does a terrible job of teaching you its new skills and complex inventory. You will need to backtrack to the very small and questionable hub often to upgrade prosthetics without really being told so. If you get past the milestone of understanding how the game works, everything starts to get much less frustrating and starts to feel fair. I spent over an hour becoming infuriated with every enemy with bows until I realized my shuriken melted their health; then I felt even more strongly against shields until I found a prosthetic skill that practically one-shots these enemies. I see a lot of soulsborne fanatics like myself hating on the game and I have to assume they were where I was. If you play this game without walkthroughs as I insisted, you are going to have your time cut out for you. However, I strongly recommend you don't do this if you aren't a FromSoft fanboy with masochistic tendencies like I am. Also, be warned that a gung ho approach like I did in DS3 and Bloodborne is not really as viable here. It simply feels much harder than other entries and not like the typical getting used to a game. There are more enemies, they kill you very fast, and the combat is incredibly complex when you aren't thrown into one build. Another great new mechanic is the emphasis on stealth. Although this felt very exploitable because you can stealth kill an enemy and run away, then just come back and do it again (even on "mini-bosses," however, you cannot finish them off this way).

Combat is very tactical and deflecting (parrying) and guarding are at least as necessary as striking as dodging is not made available at the start (cannot confirm if available at all). Enemies are nearly impossible to single out; like Bloodborne, but much worse. My biggest gripe is that traversal doesn't feel as good as it could. Jumping up ledges is clunky and some ledges are impossible to vault up simply because the ledge wasn't designed that way even though it's the same height as similar cliffs.

I demoed this on PC, but plan on supporting it through Xbox One X when I have the money. The game defaults Japanese on you and while I love playing Japanese games like this, like Yakuza, I found it to be too fast for my reading skills. The English dub sounds great as it stands, but not in comparison to the Japanese. This is a visually striking game and without the old overused engine, becomes very impressive and refreshing. I wouldn't recommend waiting on a sale if you are on the fence about it; just get it and expect it to be different in a good way.
  8. Mar 27, 2019
    Game of the year!!
    A perfect accompaniment to the SoulsBorne series, with plenty of unique ideas of its own and some of the best combat of the generation.
  9. Mar 23, 2019
    The game feels like a souls game from the very beginning however there are many differences although people who are familiar with the soul series can jump in relatively easily . While most people would see The fact that you play as a preset character and only have one weapon throughout the game as a negative however this is a positive such as you would want to master a specific weaponThe game feels like a souls game from the very beginning however there are many differences although people who are familiar with the soul series can jump in relatively easily . While most people would see The fact that you play as a preset character and only have one weapon throughout the game as a negative however this is a positive such as you would want to master a specific weapon instead of switching out on the fly. The combat is fast paced and that seems a lot more simpler than the previous outings from from software And the fact that there's an actual story this time is appreciated and the environmental storytelling is still there from the soul series which is greatly appreciated that they can do both. Boss fights are difficult as usual and you will die a lot of course as you would expect. As a person who would want to start in the series of souls born games I Think Sekiro Is an amazing point to start and is amazing game to boot. The graphics look great especially on the xbox 1X however there are some muddy textures here and there and on the 1080P television it looks great So it doesn't really matter what you play on its going to look great. I definitely commend fromsoftware for this great achievement in design and combat in video games. Expand
  10. Mar 24, 2019
    FromSoftware have grown into one of those studios whose game releases are big events. And I'm really glad as they are one of the few companies out there devoted to strong singleplayer games and the Soulsbourne games are one of the reasons I got into gaming.

That being said, Sekiro is a masterpiece. Its a natural evolution on the soulsbourne games and is different in all the right ways. I bestow my highest praises on FromSoftware, they are true masters of the art of making videogames, and while I play Sekiro, I eagerly await their next game no matter how long it takes.
  11. Mar 25, 2019
    What an incredible game, I haven't found that need to go back to a game when I'm not playing it since DS1.
    Combat feels so satisfying, it takes a while to get into, but once it clicks you are a master shinobi.
    The graphics aren't incredible, but the art style definitely is, the environments and enemy design is pure from software genius. In soulsborne you're always forced to get good

In soulsborne you're always forced to get good at the game, your stats and equipment won't carry you through. In this game that's truer than ever, you can grind out the skill tree, but the application of those skills is all you, the stat updates and equipment upgrades are contingent on your accomplishments. So you have to earn getting stronger by beating strong mini-bosses.

I love it
  12. Mar 22, 2019
    Where have I been? I was sad they had no plans for another Dark Souls, but this is pretty much another spiritual sequel that look pretty cool
    The way i see it. This game can go far and the way you play... ok
  13. Mar 25, 2019
    Imagine Dark Souls meets Shadows of Mordor. That's essentially what you have here. There is a HUGE emphasis on one-shot kills in Sekiro. Whether it be stealth based or just out smarting your opponents to get those satisfactory kills. Everything about this game makes me appreciate older itterations of the SoulsBourne series more. Unlike the previous titles, this game will KILL you.

In

In Souls I always thought starting with 5 flasks wasnt enough for healing. Boy, do I wish I had 5 damn flasks this time around. You start with 1. This game teaches you to play smarter more or less and how to time attacks.

The boss design is among the best in the series (personally Bloodborne has the best design imo). Especially with the new "death mark" in any fight, it makes any encounter truly terrifying. You now know when a boss will one shot you and it adds for an all new level of infuriating gameplay.

We all know these games are hard, they're not for the lighthearted. But goddamn, the feeling you get for finally overcoming a boss you've been stuck on for hours is the best feeling in the world. You push on to the next area (get immediately destroyed) and keep pushing on.

FromSoft will forever remain one of the top dogs in the gaming industry for consistently putting out good games. ez 10/10 across the board from me.
  14. Mar 26, 2019
    From Software lo ha vuelto a hacer.
    Juego dificil pero a la vez justo.
    Excelentes jefes
  15. Mar 30, 2019
    perfect game!!! does not need an easy mode casuals need to play an easier game like lego or minecraft.
  16. Mar 25, 2019
    This game for me is a huge dissapointment:
    And not because its not a souls game, but because it lacks what would make this game more fun.
    If this was a remake or an old game in general it would be a 8/10 cause back then we did not know any better. But in 2019 this is not good enough. The Combat get so repetetive and boring, and even as a souls fan and From Software is my all time
    This game for me is a huge dissapointment:
    But in 2019 this is not good enough.
    The Combat get so repetetive and boring, and even as a souls fan and From Software is my all time favorite developer, i appreciate a difficult game and a rewarding game.
    This in my opinion lacks the rewarding part.
    I struggled hard with 2 bosses, and becuase i grew tierd of the mechanics, and that you have alternate paths (wich i normally love) i feel that sometimes you need items to complete a fight, (like the axe for breaking a normal enemy shield) wich i missed.
    So when i saw the strat video i was so dissapointed on how you kill them, there is only 2 strats for every boss. either defence them tierd or offence the tierd and done! its still hard. but not fun.

No stat system, no lvl system, no gear, no primary weapons, no customization, no outfits. same katana in the hole game. shinobi has some new stuff and upgrade ability. but that system is not fun when you only use them for small things. changing a primary weapon will change the whole playstyle of the game, wich would make this game sooo much better. cause then you have vierity.
    I am so sick of seeing the deathblow.

Story i feel actually is kinda good, its a little bit back and forth but i like it.
    I dont like the graphics in the game, the colors and everything does not look 2019.
    I get they are going for that old feeling, and back to their roots. But im not impressed.

What bugs me the most is the good feedback they are getting.
    cause normal people have alot of bad to say about this game. and its still a 9/10 all over the board!
    and i never saw people complaining this way about god of war. and it has better score. but god of war should have 18/10 compared to this game! (im not comparing them, im just saying)
    From software does NOT have a huge fanbase cause their game is soo different and hard, But they have their best and most dedicated fan base. and i think they should listen to us.

They did not have to do alot to make this game a 9/10 for me. its just those things that i feel is missing, breaks the entire game into something thats repetetive, boring after 5 hours and what i feel is not rewarding! even though i get new stuff, i just feel thats a progress i need to complete the game. its not a holy **** this is cool factor!

anyway i hope people like it in a way cause from needs support to make their next games. but i dont wanna encourage this game making behavior that happend with sekiro!
  17. Mar 22, 2019
    TENCHU Z MEETS DARK SOULS 1, what the **** else do you need? go and play it.
  18. Mar 22, 2019
    From software created Another masterpiece! Highly recommended! Miyazaki is a genius
  19. Mar 22, 2019
    Game of the year!!
  20. Apr 8, 2019
    This review is a personal opinion and not necessarily a reflection of the game quality, if you enjoy the souls based games you may like this game, however I wouldn't suggest this is a guarantee, the souls games present you with more options where as this game is fairly linear and bar path choices makes most of the decisions for you, start with a katana, finish with a katana.

I found the

I found the difficulty annoying in this game, certain enemies very frustrating, and overall this is a serious case of get annoyed or get gud. I was of the latter camp and therefore have personally wasted my money, I gave the game 11 hours and reached madam butterfly before deciding I just wasn't really having fun and if I'm not enjoying an experience it's an experience best ignored. If you enjoy the Git Gud challenge you'll likely enjoy this but I'm a little long in the tooth for that kind of game these days. Well made, never encountered any issues or bugs (besides weird carp physics) and a decent game, but not a game for everyone.
  21. Mar 27, 2019
    very good game, the atmosphere is very successful, it made me want to go back to Japan, but the difficulty can spoil this immersion
  22. Mar 24, 2019
    Personagens: 10/10
    Bosses: 10/10

Game of the year: Gears 5
  23. Apr 9, 2019
    The second boss in the game about 3 hours in is boasting a gamer completion rate of 30%. Are the people hyping and writing rave reviews playing past the first area?

Most people have spent $60 for less than a few hours of play before it gets unbearably hard and repetitive as you attempt the same boss over and over and over again. EDIT - On the XBOX one X - there is a approximately a

EDIT - On the XBOX one X - there is a approximately a .1ms delay between pressing a button on the controller and the action happening in Sekiro. This is far too slow to even have a fair crack at some bosses such as the Ashina elite. If you simply stare at him for the QUE to press, too slow every time. It's totally broken and a huge oversight. Piece of **** game.

It's sad really. I'm at the 5th boss and it's boring doing the same fight 30 times. Hard does not mean well designed at all... it's a lazy way to squeeze more out of a game.

The others who have written rave reviews haven't played it much and are complete idiots...

Save your $60
  24. Mar 23, 2019
    Si eres un amante de la saga Souls este juego es un soplo de aire fresco con sus muchas nuevas mecánicas ya que es muy diferente a los anteriores títulos y tendrás que aprender a jugar de cero. Querrás perderte en su mundo como cuando jugaste los primeros títulos por primera vez.
    Si no eres fan de la saga pero te llama la atención dale una oportunidad porque puede que encuentres tu tipo de juego perfecto.
  25. Apr 8, 2019
    This game is hard, but not in a fun way (for me at least). I am not a Dark Souls veteran but I have beaten Bloodborne and Nioh is one of the few games I have bothered to Platinum. I also put a lot of time in with games like Monster Hunter World and I exclusively play the Witcher 3 on Death March. I don’t mind a challenge and I was not expecting this game to be easy or like other FromThis game is hard, but not in a fun way (for me at least). I am not a Dark Souls veteran but I have beaten Bloodborne and Nioh is one of the few games I have bothered to Platinum. I also put a lot of time in with games like Monster Hunter World and I exclusively play the Witcher 3 on Death March. I don’t mind a challenge and I was not expecting this game to be easy or like other From Software games; I knew that going in. I did not expect the game to feel so tedious though…so damn tedious.

I got past the second main boss of the game (and beat a handful of mini-bosses) and simply wasn’t having fun and no longer wished to play it. I didn’t “rage quit” – I simply wasn’t having fun and stopped. Even after making some headway there was more a feeling of “thank god I don’t have to do that again” as opposed to one of accomplishment.

A big issue I have with this game is that many of the bosses have a pack of enemies that need to be picked off first – and every time you die (and you die a lot) they respawn making the process of re-engaging the boss very tedious and repetitive. As well, this game has player no levels, no customization – nothing like that. (I only played Nioh and BB offline so I never used summons anyway.) So if you come against a challenging boss then there is no rethinking a build, maybe a little level grinding – you just need to keep hitting that wall over and over and over until you beat it exactly the way the game wants you to beat it. I also felt the camera was unfair for some of the bosses and you would lose your “lock on” way too easily on the more mobile bosses. It was very frustrating.

This game made me feel “stuck”, and I hate that feeling in a game. Even in Bloodborne and Nioh or MHW if you came across a hard boss there things you could do to make you feel like you were still progressing. Such as gain some levels, improve your gear or invest in different stats. I never felt like I was standing still. Sure there were bosses that frustrated me, but I knew I could leave do some other stuff and come back. In this game that feels pointless because not much is going to change by leaving and coming back later. That is how I felt anyway.

I thought this would be a tough, but fun way to be a ninja. Stealth isn’t as big as a part of the game as I was hoping and while you do feel like a bad ass from time to time most of the time is spent dying, killing the same minions over and over and dying again.

I also found traversal very annoying. Grabbing ledges, hitting grapple points never clicked for me. The game looks nice, but isn’t a graphical powerhouse and the enemy variety is lacking.

Some people may love this game, I think I would have enjoyed it if the bosses and even some of the regular enemies where a little more forgiving. Also if traversal was a little tighter and the process of getting back to a boss wasn’t so repetitive.

I wrote this review because I read a couple of reviews saying that this game was easier than other From Software games. Maybe some had that experience but that definitely was not mine.
  26. Apr 9, 2019
    The most annoying game, I have ever played. And the controls are most uncomfortable.
    And at the same time, it's good.
    But return my nerves.
  27. Apr 5, 2019
    It's nice that FromSoftware has new engine but overall this game is too simplified.
    I don't give a damn about vertical movement and swimming (it's not revolutionary in 2019 - ough - for FS it is).
    Sekiro is nowhere near as good as SoulsBorne franchise. Just ONE weapon with ONE light attack, no stats, no armors, prosthetic arm with so-so "tools" and non-imaginative skill trees. Skills
    Sekiro is nowhere near as good as SoulsBorne franchise.
    Skills are described via pictures (lol - you don't know what you exactly get and you cannot respec - it's 2019 FromS! Look at Nioh/GOW/DMC 5 approach!) and you have ONE gameplay option - parry, parry, parry - no diversity, no options and no other/different path - replay value 3/10.

It's not a proper RPG and not a solid action game.
    At this downgrade rate I bet that next FromSoftware game will be released without items system - Soul Calibur style...

HESUS - you give me this after Bloodborne?
  28. Mar 22, 2019
    El mejor juego de Fromsoftware y en la One X a 1800p Nativos porque en este juego la resolucion hace que todo se vea mas nitido y con mi monitor de 120hz lo disfruto cantidad
  29. Mar 24, 2019
    Parliamo seriamente per una volta e siamo oggettivi,nessuno dopo una giornata di lavoro o scuola vuole tornare a casa accendere la console e stressarsi ancor di piu di quello che è già. Sekiro non è divertente è una tortura spicologica dove imparare a diventare migliori nel combattimento non aiuta a dimenticare tutte le lacune che vedi e diventa estremamente noioso dopo poche ore,neiParliamo seriamente per una volta e siamo oggettivi,nessuno dopo una giornata di lavoro o scuola vuole tornare a casa accendere la console e stressarsi ancor di piu di quello che è già. Sekiro non è divertente è una tortura spicologica dove imparare a diventare migliori nel combattimento non aiuta a dimenticare tutte le lacune che vedi e diventa estremamente noioso dopo poche ore,nei precedenti Soul like game potevi costumizzare il tuo personaggio con armature e armi di diverso tipo cosi da poter cambiare anche stile di combattimento per non annoiarsi cosa che in Sekiro Shadow Die Twice non è possibile fare.Personalmente i videogiochi sono una passione per me perchè mi divertono ma in questo gioco lunica cosa divertente è il menu di pausa che finalmete fa fermare il mondo di gioco.La storia e basilare e praticamente inesistente,come già detto combattimento ripetitivo come pochi,danni degli NPC sbilaciato al massimo,camere da puntamento nemico orribile roba da fare venire la nausea.Sconsiglio vivamente a chi vuole divertirsi con un videogioco che merita Expand
  30. Mar 29, 2019
    Say goodbye to armor, primary weapons, varied and complex builds, emotes and any other roleplaying elements, coop, and pvp. This is not a soulsborne game and fans of the soulsborne franchises should not be misled into believing that the gameplay is similar. Virtually every system has been overhauled, for better or worse.
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than previous ones because you'll never have to look at wall of stats that you'd have to dig around online to make sense of and you won't have the training scars from playing earlier titles. But in another way, it's much more hostile to new players because the difficulty scaling is unprecedented even for a From Software game.
    Grinding is mostly ineffectual as the only reward you get for grinding is Sen (the primary currency, which can be used to purchase consumables and in some cases prosthetic attachments) and Skill Points, which are used to purchase new acrobatic abilities for your character (only one of which can be slotted at a time). You cannot increase your HP pool or Posture by grinding and you cannot summon friendly NPCs to assist you in boss fights, meaning that when you get stuck on a boss your only option is to continue slamming your head against that wall until you win or quit the game.
    Many returning FromSoft fans that are hostile to new players, casuals, and the notion of accessibility in game design will see these changes as improvements, however I generally see them as a step backwards. I don't think it's good game design for the basic narrative elements to be inaccessible to many players (even some who are willing to spend countless hours trying to 'git gud').
    My single biggest complaint with the game is the reductive nature of the new combat system. Many players seem to feel that the combat system is more complex than ever, but I disagree and I will enumerate my reasons why: Poise has been all but removed from the game, weapon arts have been replaced by acrobatic skills, stamina management was replaced by posture, spirit emblems effectively replaced FP, the prosthetic replaced spell attunement, and the jump mechanic replaced the kick. The vast array of sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies (96 total in dark souls 3) have been replaced by 11 prosthetic attachments. In Dark Souls or Bloodborne there are a wide variety of different play styles and approaches that are equally viable for completing the PVE content. You can be a strong dude with heavy armor, a giant, slow weapon, and tons of poise that just knocks bosses on their asses and manages damage trades. You can use spellcasting as your primary strategy for virtually every boss in the game. You can use a dex character with high mobility and fast weapons that inflict status effects like bleed on enemies. They all do the job, and this fantastic variety makes for excellent replay value (even for the players that aren't interested in challenge runs).
    That's just not the case in Sekiro. You have one weapon, one basic play style, and bosses only have one or sometimes two different basic strategies that are viable to beat them. To make things worse, many of the acrobatic skills that can be acquired that are supposed to make the player feel like they're making progress and getting deeper gameplay are completely nullified by certain bosses. For example, unblockable thrust weapon attacks and some kicks can be countered with a skill called the mikiri counter and unblockable sweep attacks can be jumped over, followed by a swift kick to the face that deals a lot of posture damage. Certain bosses, like Genichiro Ashina (a required boss for story progression), for example, can completely nullify these abilities and punish the player for trying to take advantage of them. This removes depth from the combat and this tactic the developers use to increase the difficulty of the game is equally artificial as tactics like making a boss' attacks deal so much damage they're all one-shot kills or tripling the HP pool of the boss to make it harder.
    It certainly feels like the central principal of this game's design was to make it extremely difficult without regard for making the gameplay feel fair, varied, or balanced.
    These drawbacks are such an intrusive impediment to enjoying the game that they overshadow many pleasant qualities in the game. I like that they tried to challenge returning hardcore players by removing I-frames from dodges. I like the new grappling mechanic and how this frees up the artists who designed the maps to add an entirely new dimension to the areas you play in. The visuals and voice acting are superb, and there appears to be just as much effort put into developing the lore of this game universe as previous titles. There are tons of different boss fights to be had in this game with 15 bosses and 29 Mini-bosses, although some of them are effectively just re-skins. I love FromSoft and their games, but I think this one was simply a step in the wrong direction. 6/10
  31. Apr 10, 2019
    low-budget degradation of the series, from the middle is very complex, monotonous ....
  32. Mar 22, 2019
    I really wanted to love this game but- Controls are sloppy- frame rate is low - so wish i could get a refund
  33. May 22, 2019
    By removing most tactical options concerning armament and character build, the main focus is on the attack-and-deflect combat.

The stealth element similar to From Software's previous Tenchuu series makes a weak comeback, and the action/sword combat doesn't have much room for personal expression. Level artwork and setting is atmospheric, storytelling interesting. Overall, a lot of

Level artwork and setting is atmospheric, storytelling interesting. Overall, a lot of impact is sacrificed at the cost of high replay and practice demand.
  34. Mar 26, 2019
    If you can't get past a boss for several nights - this is not a game - this is torture. And the most important thing is that there are no additional opportunities to do this. You can not call a friend, you can not increase the amount of life or armor. Just play the gamepad and suffer. Thank you, but I do not want that.
  35. Mar 24, 2019
    This game is simply unplayable. It is not exactly hard, just require a lot of skill form player. Such design are very poor, and lame.
  36. Mar 23, 2019
    Uno de los mejores juegos de from software, un sistema de pelea bastante comodo, unas graficas y cinematicas hermosas, y como siempre, los juegos de from, tan difíciles como sus antecesores dark souls III, me va encantando el juego, y mas porque el juego pesa alrededor de 12 gb!, es simplemente wow, pensé que el juego pesaria lo promedio, alrededor de 20gb, o 60gb, pero no!, me lleve laUno de los mejores juegos de from software, un sistema de pelea bastante comodo, unas graficas y cinematicas hermosas, y como siempre, los juegos de from, tan difíciles como sus antecesores dark souls III, me va encantando el juego, y mas porque el juego pesa alrededor de 12 gb!, es simplemente wow, pensé que el juego pesaria lo promedio, alrededor de 20gb, o 60gb, pero no!, me lleve la sorpresa de ser de solo como 8gb mas 5 de un parche, actualización o algo asi, lo cual no lo veo nada mal!, me hubiera gustado multijugador en este juego, pero pues tristemente, no tiene, espero que algún dia añadan multijugador, o algo, seria bastante divertido, una de las cosas que me desagrada del juego, son que los controles no son nada responsivos en ocasciones, me quiero cubrir, y no se cubre esquivo, y como quiera me golpean Expand
  37. Apr 12, 2019
    This game is the anti-souls game for sure. Holding block is encouraged and oh no iframes forcing you to deflect every hit with perfect timing if you want to win. Previous Fromsoft games had multiple ways you could win. Not this one. Have to have perfect block timing or you lose big which might be achieved if the controls weren’t so laggy as you have to hit the button before they swingThis game is the anti-souls game for sure. Holding block is encouraged and oh no iframes forcing you to deflect every hit with perfect timing if you want to win. Previous Fromsoft games had multiple ways you could win. Not this one. Have to have perfect block timing or you lose big which might be achieved if the controls weren’t so laggy as you have to hit the button before they swing basically (am I supposed to have esp?). This game has lost the magical nature of previous games leaving a dry boring crap fest that just craps all over you. Three life bars for Genichiro? Difficulty spike from hell from a dev who loves difficulty spikes but usually not unfair ones. Story sucks, world sucks, combat sucks, I suck. Hate you fromsoft. Want my money back for this ode to dung. Expand
  38. Jun 13, 2019
    Git gud. This game is not designed very well. Enemies are overpowered. Your weapons are massively underpowered. The level design is blocky garbage. Seen enough Japanese pagodas yet? Take everything good about other From Software games and strip it out. It's like a really bad version of a reskinned Bloodborne. The parry often doesn't work. You earn a reward like a few gourdGit gud. This game is not designed very well. Enemies are overpowered. Your weapons are massively underpowered. The level design is blocky garbage. Seen enough Japanese pagodas yet? Take everything good about other From Software games and strip it out. It's like a really bad version of a reskinned Bloodborne. The parry often doesn't work. You earn a reward like a few gourd seeds, and they just start throwing more enemies at you and block you from progressing more. If you love to bang your head against a wall, I bet you will really love this game. As for me, I will play something fun. Expand
  39. Apr 7, 2019
    This is like the radiohead of games. Thousands will claim to love it while they play it once a year. The truth is this game is sloppy, super sloppy. Hipsters will say they like a game with sloppy combat and low frame rate and poor sound. This game is for them and making money is of no interest to the tiny studio that made Dark Souls.
  40. May 17, 2019
    First of all game is good studio sadly is published by Activision. Perhaps this is clear sign that it did not make cut to be released by From Software. If you compare this to dark Souls series you will be let down it has sloppy graphics visually game is not impressive, story is little bit too meh that is because lack of character development or ways to play.
    Combat system is boring as
    Combat system is boring as hell same button smashing and with perfect timing you can insta kill opponent Game is just too linear offering really no other way to advance in plot. Bosses are those blockers every one has least 2 stages because you need to either chip away stance or chip away health. You just button smash basic attack any special attacks seem to be useless. Stealth is also option but only for trash mobs bosses you need chip away other health bar/stance. You could say this is just once time experience after playing while it just gathers dust in your game library.
    Then question it is hard yea i would say but then you could also say if you got extra time to spend playing and do not mind practicing everything is possible. Only question i could say could you use that time better games that actually reward your progress and have multiple ways to finish game.
    Character stats are just useless most of bosses just 1 shot you anyway so get good or die trying. Game is action game with steep learning curve, challenging, once a life experience.and time sink.
    I would recommend buying from discount bin at current state not worth it's price.
  41. May 1, 2019
    The difficulty is what makes this a grand adventure. I'm sure ill enjoy it much more once I get to be any good.
  42. May 3, 2019
    They have hit it out of the park yet again!!! Stellar game and insanely good combat.
  43. Apr 2, 2019
    WOW, this is an awesome game... It's more action then Souls, but it's fantastic and more tactic.
    Stealth system it's great. This is a must have, fantastic.
    GOTY WILL BE GREAT!!!
  44. Apr 21, 2019
    I don't get why people are complaining. They say there's no customization or alternate play styles, that's bullcrap, with in the first 2 hours of my play through, i found several play styles (ie hack n' slash, hit and run, stealth, and distraction), and you get to CHOOSE what ninja tools you use, and what attacks you use.

Fighting the same boss over, and over? Welcome to From Software.

Fighting the same boss over, and over? Welcome to From Software.

No armor? YOU'RE A NINJA!

Not as fun as Dark Souls? F**k off, It's not Dark Souls.

From Software was trying to tell a nonRPG style game for once, while still retaining the rage levels of difficulty, and i appreciate that. This game, while i miss roleplaying as an undead warrior in dark souls, Is way better at story telling and it's mix of stealth and hack n' slash gameplay is far better than DS3, and i love DS3.
  45. Apr 23, 2019
    Absolute MASTERPIECE! One of the best games I've ever played in my life! Amazing combat, amazing exploration, amazing aesthetics, amazing boss fights, perfect difficulty and overall a fantastic product! All true gamers should buy and play this amazing game!
  46. Apr 25, 2019
    best game ever, great parry system, the bosses are fun, the graphic and environment is so much fun to explore, more game should learn from Sekiro
  47. Apr 29, 2019
    Jogo excelente, forte candidato a game do ano, a dificuldade como de costume dos jogos da FromSoftware é o ponto alto do game, é muito legal a gente conseguir passar um chefão que tentamos diversas vezes até finalmente aprendermos a mata-lo e nos superarmos, dá até orgulho ver como com muito treino, paciência e dedicação é possível superar qualquer desafio e melhorar cada vez mais nossasJogo excelente, forte candidato a game do ano, a dificuldade como de costume dos jogos da FromSoftware é o ponto alto do game, é muito legal a gente conseguir passar um chefão que tentamos diversas vezes até finalmente aprendermos a mata-lo e nos superarmos, dá até orgulho ver como com muito treino, paciência e dedicação é possível superar qualquer desafio e melhorar cada vez mais nossas habilidades. 10/10 :D Expand
  48. May 14, 2019
    Ultra Boring, I am a big fan of Japanese culture, samurais and I was not happy with this game, I was expecting much more from AAA game, not FUN at all, and I like hard games, that is not the problem. This is not a game you will play twice, so newgame + is just a waste of time... Dont expect much from these game, marketing is strong here, deliver not so good... There are much better gamesUltra Boring, I am a big fan of Japanese culture, samurais and I was not happy with this game, I was expecting much more from AAA game, not FUN at all, and I like hard games, that is not the problem. This is not a game you will play twice, so newgame + is just a waste of time... Dont expect much from these game, marketing is strong here, deliver not so good... There are much better games at this price... Expand
  49. Jun 16, 2019
    Its a injustice game. The gameplay is ridiculous with a difficult beyond Dark Souls e Bloodborn
  50. Aug 3, 2019
    Fromsoftware ... really creative. But there is no bone in my body that can give an activision releasse anything more than a 0...
  51. Apr 26, 2019
    First and foremost, this is not a game for everyone. This is a game that, more so than other FromSoftware titles, requires you to learn. There are multiple approaches to everything but assuming that the tactics of old will work here will frustrate you.

With that said Sekiro is a visual wonder. The environments, mobs, player character and NPCs are amazing works of art. The sense of

The sense of exploration is very palpable and strongly rewarded.

The story is much more straight forward with huge amounts of depth hidden in subtle ways. This is a different way of story telling for this developer and I believe that it is still very effective, with plenty to research and get out of nuances, yet everyone who plays will understand the surface of the story which has not been true for other games with the exception of the exceptional VR game Derracine.

Sound is very well done - great music appropriately fit to the games moment to moment action. The Japanese voice acting is impeccable but the English voice over work is, frankly, awful. If you can handle reading subtitles I would strongly suggest it. The English voice work is so bad as to be totally breaking of any immersion you may have in the game. Sound effects and source to reception is very well done.

Combat gameplay is unique and very well implemented. It requires the player to develop some baseline skills and once you have it down it becomes thrilling and rewarding to enter combat. Stealth is enjoyable but a bit wonky in places, yet there is no requirement to use stealth, but the game becomes much more difficult if you don't use it. Stealth can change the game significantly as charging head first into areas usually ends up with your death in short order.

Sekiro is an unforgiving game. There is a certain baseline of skill acquisition that is expected of the player. If you don't enjoy precision requiring games and prefer button mashing, this will not be the game for you. If you love what FromSoft does, then this is a game you absolutely should play.
  52. Apr 25, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game from FromSoftware. Anyone familiar with “soulsbourne” games will know exactly what to expect, brutality difficult combat, cryptic story, unique art design which isn’t technically groundbreaking, but still looks fantastic, and obscure mechanics.
    So what’s different? One of the biggest differences is that there isn’t much in the way of customization, no weapon types, only a katana, but you will have access to additional sub weapons known as prosthetics that range from projectiles to a defensive umbrella! All prosthetics have a purpose, although at first some of them might seem ineffective but you’ll soon discover their potential, usually by eavesdropping and reading scrolls for information.

The story is more streamlined, simple and not as cryptic as other “soulsbourne” games, but this not a bad thing, the emphasis in this game is combat! And it’s so satisfying once you get used to it, and the boss fights are some of the most epic I’ve ever experienced in a game. And if you can persevere without the aid of the internet then you’ll likely experience the most rewarding victories a game can offer!

I personally score this game a 9 out of 10, reason being is I wasn’t particularly keen on the dying mechanic, in “soulsbourne” games the player has one chance to reclaim their “souls” or EXP after death, if you die while trying to backtrack to your corpse you’ll lose all EXP. In Sekiro, you’ll have 1 life per run, that is if you die you can immediately resurrect, however if you die a second time you’ll likely lose a large amount of EXP and money, there is a 30% that you won’t but this percentage does lower the more you die, also NPC will get sick, closing potentially side quests, this penalty can be remedied with an item though. The problem, I found at least, is that this system encourages too much grinding, mini bosses and bosses will certainly kill you, many times, and I found myself on many occasions in areas where there were mini bosses or clearly a boss, and in most cases it is foolish to tackle a boss while possessing a large amount of EXP and money so the most logical thing to do is to spend EXP and money before taking on bosses, but, you might not always have enough EXP to buy skills so it’s best to go and grind until you have enough EXP to buy something. The 30% chance of not losing anything upon death means nothing when considering the amount of times you will die tackling bosses.
    Apart from that complaint this game is near flawless! Difficult though, so if you don’t particularly like hard games then Sekiro might not be for you, but if you enjoy a challenge then I totally recommend this game!
  53. May 3, 2019
    This was my first entry into the Soulborne series as I am fascinated with samurai and ninja and have heard from friends such good things about the soulborne series but I never tried any of them due to opinions of other friends calling them "only for masochists". Boy, were they ever so wrong. This game gave me a completely different understanding to the phrase "Git GuD". I found myselfThis was my first entry into the Soulborne series as I am fascinated with samurai and ninja and have heard from friends such good things about the soulborne series but I never tried any of them due to opinions of other friends calling them "only for masochists". Boy, were they ever so wrong. This game gave me a completely different understanding to the phrase "Git GuD". I found myself grinding for an hour on one boss only to have it finally "click" in my head and earn a very satisfying shinobi execution. There was no denying. I earned this.

This game thoroughly rewards players that stick with it and learn the controls with shinobi arts and prosthetic arts, flashy skills to use mid-combat. These DO NOT make the enemies easier to kill however. Your skill as a player is the only thing that tips the scales in combat. The story is also excellent. It "really makes you feel" like a samurai that is slowly turning into shinobi.

In conclusion, think about Sekiro as art. Wolf is your paintbrush, the skills are your colors, and the enemies are your canvas.
  54. Jun 3, 2019
    Shinobi, Ninjas, Jutsus, japanische Tempelanlagen… geht’s noch besser?

„Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ macht vieles richtig richtig gut. Das Game sieht klasse aus (ich spiele es auf der Xbox One X), hat ein schnelles und knackiges Gameplay, bockschwere Bosse – aber auch ein Belohnungssystem, was mich befriedigt. Doch nicht ganz so schnell… KÄMPFEN WIE EIN NINJA Unser einarmiger Held
    Shinobi, Ninjas, Jutsus, japanische Tempelanlagen… geht’s noch besser?

KÄMPFEN WIE EIN NINJA

Unser einarmiger Held startet nicht ganz so einarmig und verliert in einer Keilerei mit einem Samurai seinen Arm. Fortan ist es ihm jedoch möglich, Shinobi-Prothesen zu nutzen, die nützliche Gadgets mit sich bringen. Zu Beginn kann man Wurfsterne werfen, kleine Feuerwerke zünden oder eine Axt gegen feindliche Schilde schwingen. Es gibt eine ganze Reihe dieser Prothesen, die man im Laufe des Spiels findet. Für viele Bosse sind die richtigen Prothesen essenziell, um sie zu besiegen (geht auch ohne – ist aber ekelhaft schwer).

Anders als in den Dark Souls Teilen, versucht man in „Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ die Haltung des Gegners soweit zu bearbeiten, dass man ihn mit Finisher-Moves richtig eins über die Rübe geben kann. Meine gute alte Taktik (in Dark Souls) es mit Riesenschild und Streitkolben erstmal ruhig angehen zu lassen, ist in „Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ völlig fehl am Platze bzw. nicht möglich. Angriff ist hier die beste Verteidigung und das Gameplay möchte perfektioniert werden. Wer die unterschiedlichen Kontermöglichkeiten drauf hat, braucht sich vor keinem Gegner mehr zu fürchten.

Einen Punkt, den ich in „Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ jedoch schmerzlich vermisse, ist das Gearfarming bzw. die Ausrüstung an sich. In den Souls-Teilen fand ich genau das total genial, für jeden Gegnertypen eine andere Waffe nutzen zu können, oder aber meine Ausrüstung abändern zu können (schwere Rüstung – leichte Rüstung, usw.). Das gibt es schlicht in „Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ nicht. Auch ein Charakter-Level-System, wie in den Souls-Teilen, ist nicht vorhanden. Man sammelt sehr wohl eine Art “Erfahrungspunkte” und kann dann verschiedenste Fähigkeiten freischalten, aber man levelt nicht direkt den Charakter um stärker zu werden. Gameplay ist hier einfach alles! In den Dark-Souls-Teilen kann man sich wunderbar hinter gutem Equip verstecken, wohingegen der einarmige Wolf perfekte Konter- oder Parieraktionen benötigt.

DAS FAZIT – GELUNGEN?
    Unabhängig der fehlenden Ausrüstung und der veränderten Charakterentwicklung ist „Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ ein überragendes Spiel. In Sachen Level- und Bossdesign (mittelalterliches Japan, berittene Samurai, Riesenschlangen usw.), Atmosphäre (düstere Stimmung und MEGA Soundtrack) und Gameplay (schnell, aggressiv und reaktionsgeladen) legt „From Software“ nochmal einen dicken Batzen zu und setzt neue Maßstäbe.

Für Casual-Gamer, die ein Game á la „Assassins Creed“ erwarten, wird „Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice“ definitiv viel zu schwer sein. Man sollte sich bewusst sein, dass es eine hohe Frustationsgrenze braucht, um nicht den ein oder anderen Controller gegen die Wand zu schmettern. Doch wenn der Boss nach dem Xten-Mal dann doch down geht – das Gefühl ist einfach klasse!

KAUFEN!!!
  55. Apr 21, 2019
    This game is simply put an amazing game. It is very hard, but the feeling when you do finally overcome obstacles are second to none. After beating some of the bosses you really start to crack the code of the game and your confidence comes with it.
    Give the game a chance, and don't give up easily. I was stuck on an early boss for too long, but when I finally overcome it, my skill was so much higher than before it.
  56. May 3, 2019
    Otra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por laOtra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por la exagerada dificultad, es cierto que es de los juegos mas difíciles que he jugado, por no decir el mas dificil la verdad, pero justamente esa es la gracia de este titulo, es lo que buscaban para diferenciarse, no es como para votarlo negativo por eso, practicamente todos los juegos del mercado son un paseo, asi que la gente que se queja de la dificultad simplemente que busquen otra cosa, pero que no voten negativo a tal obra maestra, con tanto trabajo detrás, el único pero que le puedo poner respecto a los DS, es que es un juego que tienes que estar siempre al 100%, no hay momento de descanso, incluso con los enemigos mas básicos, no te vale solo aporrear el botón de ataque, pero vamos que eso no quita la obra de arte que es, gracias de nuevo FS. Expand
  57. May 2, 2019
    Jogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi aJogo muito bom, mantendo a dificuldade e boss fights de costume, e muitos cenários para exploração, como qualquer Dark Souls ou até mesmo Bloodborne. O que peca é a história, que como de costume, não é o foco nesse estilo de jogo da From Software, mas mesmo assim é super divertido (pra quem é fâ desse gênero de jogo, e está ciente da dificuldade). Uma coisa que senti falta, foi a envolvência das quests secundárias no game, achei meio fraco comparado ao Dark Souls e BloodBorne.

Game design: 10/10
    Level design: 10/10
    Dificuldade: 9/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    História: 8/10
    Personagens: 9/10
    Boss Fights: 10/10
  58. May 18, 2019
    amazing game story action and gameplay it doesnt deserve hate from salty dark souls bloodborne fans just enjoy it its fun and has cool skills and upgrades that you can use
  59. May 14, 2019
    This is a very good game and a fresh addition to the list of titles from From Software. It is difficult but for me significantly easier than any of the Dark Souls games ever were. It requires a lot of thinking on your feet and lateral thinking as it does not hold your hand at all, especially with the game progression, as crucial items and sections can be easily missed. I would give it an 8This is a very good game and a fresh addition to the list of titles from From Software. It is difficult but for me significantly easier than any of the Dark Souls games ever were. It requires a lot of thinking on your feet and lateral thinking as it does not hold your hand at all, especially with the game progression, as crucial items and sections can be easily missed. I would give it an 8 out of 10 but my score will sit at a 10 to weigh out the low scores. Just because you are bad at the game doesn't mean that it is a bad game itself. Git Gud Expand
  60. Jun 10, 2019
    I love the interface and environment around the character. The combat is great but I hop e the story should be more clearer
  61. Jun 10, 2019
    Чертовски обожаю эту игру, незабываемые ощущения от последнего босса,ака, турбо деда
  62. Jul 8, 2019
    All the **** are disappointed at the difficulty of the game, I get that. This is not a simple game, it is not a casual experience. This is a demanding, challenging, intense experience. Do you want to go easy? Buy another game. Do you want to test your reflexes and carefully mull over your tactics for the next enemy? Go for it. I personally love the game, the environment, the combat system.All the **** are disappointed at the difficulty of the game, I get that. This is not a simple game, it is not a casual experience. This is a demanding, challenging, intense experience. Do you want to go easy? Buy another game. Do you want to test your reflexes and carefully mull over your tactics for the next enemy? Go for it. I personally love the game, the environment, the combat system. I wanted to smash my controller some times, but this is part of its magic. Remarkable experience. Tough combats. Satisfaction when you win. The feeling of "I can do it better" when you lose. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    May 22, 2019
    The corollary of its obsessive refusal to countenance even a hint of compromise is the vast amount of satisfaction it provides when you do finally make those breakthroughs and progress to a new area. If you fancy yourself as a hardcore gamer, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the embodiment of what games are all about. [Issue#177, p.77]
  2. May 3, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the breath of fresh air the "Soulsborne" sub-genre needed. It proves that stats, levelling-up, and equipment, is not what makes this kind of games. Instead, what matters is how death is treated, what sort of consequences there are for choices the player makes, and really big doors that open dramatically slow. The verticality of the level design, grappling hook, jumping and almost Zelda-style progression makes this one stand out in an ever increasing sea of imitators. Ultimately, this is more than just a sum of its parts; it's full of mystery, jaw-dropping spectacle and intense satisfaction.
  3. May 2, 2019
    Sekiro is the fabulous culmination of From Software’s modus operandi, honed relentlessly since 2009. While it plays like its predecessors, it also feels different and fresh.