7.5

1. Oct 31, 2018
    The game runs smooth but the image looks like 16 bit aliased characters. Don't believe the reviews that speak glowingly about the beauty of the game. On current televisions and consoles, this game is completely unacceptable. I am sorry that I wasted my money on it. Should have given it a 1 but thought I might find something in the gameplay further in.
    If graphics are important to you,
    If graphics are important to you, then look elsewhere for a good game. For Information, I am playing the game on Xbox one x and a 2018 model 4k sony television

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Oct 21, 2017
    A simple hit of pure nostalgia, pulled off with aplomb. Welcome back, hedgehog. [Nov 2017, p.83]
  2. Oct 16, 2017
    Creating a remix of old levels with a new story and level design tweaks proved to be a really brilliant idea, making Sonic Mania both a new and a classic game. Sonic fans will definitely love it.
  3. Aug 29, 2017
    This is how you do a Sonic game.