- Publisher: MWM Interactive
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2021
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox Series X
- Summary: Harness the wind and soar through the wilderness of Stonefly, a chill and tranquil action-adventure game about self-discovery, legacy, and belonging. Glide your mech strategically among beautiful flora and dangerous fauna, confronting hungry bugs, adventures, and memorable characters.
- Developer: Flight School Studio
- Genre(s): Action Adventure, General
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 3 out of 4
Mixed: 1 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Jun 7, 2021A unique take on a popular genre, which I suppose is mechs. I don’t know if it’s a genre of its own but there are games entirely based on using them. The fighting is awesome and the story is calm and simple. The biggest issue was actually navigating the areas. With slim branches and a camera that is way too close, you’ll be respawning quite often and feel stuck sometimes. The invisible walls need to be shortened, because you can glide for an extreme amount of time going nowhere important before you realize you can’t land on anything. I spent around 10 hours playing with another few sitting idle while I multi-tasked. It’s a really pleasant experience and will eventually grow on you.
Jun 1, 2021Stonefly is a strong indie featuring tiny humans in tiny mechs vying with the bugs of the forest canopy for resources. Its tale is enough to drive you through a 10-hour campaign with little embellishment, and its mech-customisation and mineral-gathering systems are satisfying, intuitive, and purposeful. Pacifist bug combat is fast and frenetic, but also plagued with fiddly controls and a few too many abilities to be comfortable.
Jun 7, 2021Flight School Studio’s Stonefly is a lovely game that features a creative story, a gorgeous art style, and gameplay that is more relaxing than it is intense and frustrating. The only knock is some finicky controls, but that isn’t an obstacle that is going to get in the way of your enjoyment of the game.
Jun 15, 2021If Stonefly was an insect, it would be a stinkbug: beautiful to look at, but lets off an unpleasant odour when you start grappling with it.