6.3

1. Nov 5, 2019
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD show's Sega's real effort to revive their huge collection of classic titles. Although Super Monkey Ball started off as an arcade game which I personally own, that originated in Japan. Super Monkey Ball is best remembered as a GameCube launch title by many. The first one was a clever spin on normal platform gameplay and made excellent use of the GameCube’sSuper Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD show's Sega's real effort to revive their huge collection of classic titles. Although Super Monkey Ball started off as an arcade game which I personally own, that originated in Japan. Super Monkey Ball is best remembered as a GameCube launch title by many. The first one was a clever spin on normal platform gameplay and made excellent use of the GameCube’s analog controller, which had little notches around the analogue sticks that made going in a straight line simplistic. The game was also popular for range of multiplayer mini-games, many of which were nothing special, but included my favorite Monkey Bowling. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is an update of a 2006 Wii game. The aim of the main mode is simply to guide your spherically enclosed monkey across a collection of mazes; most of which can be over in just seconds, whether you fall off the edge or actually complete the stage. To say that it’s a retro franchise absolutely deserved to be brought back, even if it’s never been a huge franchise with multiple sequels. Banana Blitz did introduce a jump move though, as well having longer and generally more linear levels, some of which contain enemies – as well as the occasional boss battle. Banana Blitz its more difficult than the previous Gamecube renditions and follows much more closely to the curve of the arcade original. I'd love to see Sega continue to bring us more of this fantastic franchise to the Xbox One library. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2019
    Great monkey ball levels however some cannot be defeated with certain monkeys. I think that's a problem. If you can over look a small amount of glitches and some poor boss battles (however I did like some). However I would say this is a grab as it is the best monkey ball experience since deluxe on the Xbox. The one stage I'm on is terrible and probably one of the hardest stages in monkeyGreat monkey ball levels however some cannot be defeated with certain monkeys. I think that's a problem. If you can over look a small amount of glitches and some poor boss battles (however I did like some). However I would say this is a grab as it is the best monkey ball experience since deluxe on the Xbox. The one stage I'm on is terrible and probably one of the hardest stages in monkey ball history in the last world. It is completely unfair and I know I'm good at this game. Despite that I love doing speedruns, recording them and trying to beat my times. I had a lot of fun with mild yet definite frustration Expand

1. Nov 12, 2019
    Perhaps if SEGA chose to remaster and re-release the first two GameCube titles, which defined and perfected the core Super Monkey Ball formula - before it’s slow dive into obscurity thanks to Banana Blitz and other titles - we’d be hailing this as a minor masterpiece. Instead what we’ve got here is a HD misfire of a motion-control misfire from over a decade ago.
  2. Oct 31, 2019
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is a good remaster of the 2006 version. With a very well adapted control we will have to face 100 quite demanding levels. We will also have 10 mini-games to share with up to 3 friends and two modes with online rankings.
  3. Oct 30, 2019
    As fun as its original release, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD could have included more extras to justify its remastered relaunch, because Sonic, no matter how cool it is, is not enough.