8.7

1. Sep 24, 2020
    There's some potential but overall it's a mess... again.

- Shots frequently still don't match the input. You'll get a slice shot when you've press for top spin or a flat shot when you want a slice etc. and this happens even when you've supposedly timed the shot as "good" or "perfect". - Pro players seemingly have no identity or specific animations other than Nadal. Even Federer has a
    There's some potential but overall it's a mess... again.

- Pro players seemingly have no identity or specific animations other than Nadal. Even Federer has a generic serve and swings, and NO ONE has realistic or personalised celebrations. For a game that wants to present itself as a tennis "sim" this is simply unforgivable. You want to feel like you are these players and the character model just looking (a bit) like them isn't enough. Federer with a massive, cheesy (and terrifying) smile after winning a point just looks so, so wrong.

- Net play is completely broken. If you go to the net you will be passed, regardless of the difficulty level or who you're playing against, because the game simply does not respond to input at the net whatsoever. I've played just under 4 hours and haven't been able hit one volley at the net, nor has an animation even been initiated to lunge for the ball as it passes.

- Similar to above, all too often your player will simply refuse to respond to a ball when moving side to side at the baseline that falls close enough that you realistically should be able to at least lunge for it and make some sort of play. Completely unresponsive.

- The AI seems incapable of getting above 40% first serves in, regardless of who you're playing against or what difficulty the game is on. Fault after fault.

- Impossible to hit aces even using the best players. I haven't yet managed a single one on my time with the game.

- Single handed backhand animations are honestly beyond abysmal. Similar to my first point, you'll try and play a top spin backhand and it'll hit some bizarre looking, dodgy slice that looks completely unnatural and unrealistic.

- Ball physics at times are completely nonsensical in terms of trajectory and velocity. One minute you'll hit a top spin forehand that looks great, the next you're playing a strange, lunging volley that somehow goes into super speed with heavy top spin despite the animation not matching this at all.

- They may have "doubled" the animations, but it's still nowhere near enough and the game still completely lacks any real fluidity. You'll see the same animations over and over again (as well as ones that make literally no sense considering the button you've pressed, as above) and players will awkwardly transition from one shot/position to the next in an unrealistic way.

- The sound is still sub-par. Crowds don't react to some winners and generally are still underwhelming and, seriously, how hard/expensive could it be to just pay some decent, professional umpires and line judges to record for the game? Because they still sound AWFUL. Again, it ruins the immersion of it all.

- Zero customisation. It's 2020 and yet we can't create and share courts/arenas/tournaments/players and we can't edit pro players stats and overall ratings to our liking. AO Tennis manages it, so why can't Tennis World Tour? It completely takes away from the realism and how replayable the game is, especially considering the base game without DLC has ZERO official tournaments and a number of huge omissions in the roster such as Djokovic, Serena Williams, Naomi Osaka etc.

Overall I'd give the game 4/10 so far, at a push. Unless there's huge improvements to the responsiveness, animations and content via patches (here we go again) then it's yet another failed tennis game.
  2. Sep 25, 2020
    Tennis World Tour 2 is a tennis video game developed by Breakpoint Studio and published by Bigben Interactive and Maximum Games. Tennis World Tour 2 is now the best tennis game of the generation; a large improvement over the embarrassment of its predecessor that still had many issues after its launch patch. The best tennis video games offer addictive gameplay, and solid control andTennis World Tour 2 is a tennis video game developed by Breakpoint Studio and published by Bigben Interactive and Maximum Games. Tennis World Tour 2 is now the best tennis game of the generation; a large improvement over the embarrassment of its predecessor that still had many issues after its launch patch. The best tennis video games offer addictive gameplay, and solid control and brilliant graphics.
    At the genre’s best, there’s something about executing the shots that excites you and encourages you to play this time around. Tennis World Tour 2 doesn’t quite have that quality, but it’s not the worst gameplay experience your encounter either. I have many fond memories of my time with my arcade version of Sega's Virtua Tennis 2 so I am a bit of a tough critic on Tennis titles as a fan of the game and genre. The good section is a bit sparse, but there are some aspects of the game that pop because of good lighting. These bright spots are more prevalent for night matches. Those who have played AO Tennis 2 will find this system familiar. For the most part it is, although there is one crucial difference and it’s a change that almost ruins the experience for rookie players. This time around, there is no indicator to tell the player when to release the button and little consistency in regards to hitting a perfect shot. At the end of the day, I could go through all of the modes and talk about some of the other areas the game struggles but the core gameplay of Tennis World Tour 2 is just up to par with where it needs to be to be a solid Tennis title for your Xbox One. The mechanics and the animation feel a bit dated and somewhat bland but if your a seasoned player of the genre there is something here for you. If you aren't a traditional player of Tennis titles you may want to approach with a bit of caution from the changes made to the new version while improvements are apparent it can be a bit cumbersome for newer players in the end. As a fan I recommend it for your Xbox One library if you are a fan of the genre.
  3. Sep 23, 2020
    My believe is that the game feels a bit off to me. For the gameplay, I like the skill based improved gameplay and and the online play is a positive. But career mode is boring, the animations seem inconsistent and the physics look awkward. However, the main positive is that the game is an improvement to Tennis World Tour 1. Even with it's shortcomings, Tennis World Tour 2 may compete withMy believe is that the game feels a bit off to me. For the gameplay, I like the skill based improved gameplay and and the online play is a positive. But career mode is boring, the animations seem inconsistent and the physics look awkward. However, the main positive is that the game is an improvement to Tennis World Tour 1. Even with it's shortcomings, Tennis World Tour 2 may compete with AO Tennis 2. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2020
    This game is so bad every mechanic is messed up except the serves. If you charge a shot at all ypure highly likely to hit it into the stands and even when hitying an accurate shot the ball has a mind of its own. Dont pay the 40$ for this game get the original one its still boring but at least it works

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 30, 2020
    Tennis World Tour 2 improves many of the aspects of the first release and adds new playable features. Perhaps the best game of tennis today but it is far from being the simulator that tennis lovers want. It has a lot of work ahead of it.
  2. Sep 30, 2020
    The old glory days of TopSpin offered some of the best tennis we’ve ever had the joy of trying. Many have attempted to emulate its success but none have succeeded. Whilst the original Tennis World Tour had some good points and focused on some nice areas, it fell flat instantly with janky controls and just a general carelessness. Its follow-up, Tennis World Tour 2, attempts to fix this, but fails in many of the same areas.
  3. Sep 27, 2020
    Tennis World Tour 2 shows huge improvements over the original game, with satisfying gameplay and game modes. Some features, like the card system, might be debatable and it could have had better graphics, but this is definitely the right (re)start for a series aiming to become the new Top Spin.