8.1

1. Nov 17, 2019
    The Outer worlds : The question is The Outer Worlds the "Fallout: New Vegas" sequel? For me they have done an impressive job of creating the unique atmosphere that we all love from the developer Obsidian Entertainment. The story begins with the scientist Phineas Wells that rescues your character from 70 years of "cryosleep" on your colony's ship, and wants your help to revive the thousandsThe Outer worlds : The question is The Outer Worlds the "Fallout: New Vegas" sequel? For me they have done an impressive job of creating the unique atmosphere that we all love from the developer Obsidian Entertainment. The story begins with the scientist Phineas Wells that rescues your character from 70 years of "cryosleep" on your colony's ship, and wants your help to revive the thousands of others in hibernation. The Outer Worlds is a story-driven action role-playing game, complete with branching paths, companions, perks, the lot .The game teases a ridiculous number of options and strategies to proceed but what’s really impressive about the writing is how it balances humor, emotions, and creative character designs as it introduces a world that you're going to often fall in love with, even when it's showing you its darkest sides. The game provides a memorable time without overstaying its welcome. Its fantastic ,funny and an effective critique of corporate culture. For info The Outer Worlds is Obsidian’s Entertainment's final game as they aren now part of Microsoft Studios. The outer Worlds is an amazing new environment that runs great on the Xbox from obsidian studios A must have for fans of the genre and newcomers as well. Expand
  2. Nov 4, 2019
    On the surface this game appears to be a very cool mix of Fallout/Mass Effect with a dash of Bioshock.

It takes a lot of good ideas and mechanics from these games but still manages to fall short on all counts. I felt like I was just getting everything figured out at hour 20 and was wonder how people were finishing it so quickly; then by hour 25 It was done; it seems like there is a

I felt like I was just getting everything figured out at hour 20 and was wonder how people were finishing it so quickly; then by hour 25 It was done; it seems like there is a huge solar system full of worlds to explore, but most of them are just decoration of very linear/small maps.

I enjoyed this game, but it's all front loaded and very much feels like they ran out of money and wrapped up what they had.

The loading screens are pretty brutal towards the end of the game when you are just doing a lot of travel to wrap up finished quests and there is no more exploration it feels like 1/3 of the time you are in a loading screen.

There is a great experience here, but it's incomplete.
  3. Nov 7, 2019
    The outer worlds and a fantastic RPG with its characters and interactions taking center stage, with your loveable crew and great roleplaying opportunities being by and large the highlights of the game.

Unfortunately, the rest of the game's features range from mediocre to just plain bad. The worlds themselves are startling bland and not fun to explore. The art style seems like an

The worlds themselves are startling bland and not fun to explore. The art style seems like an attempt to combine retrofuturist 1920s wood and brass with the sci-fi of something like Firefly, but it all ends up just being a muddled mess. The products and weapons seem retro-inspired while the buildings and ships just seem like generic sci-fi, and its all very boring to look at.

Even the PVE environments are incredibly generic. You fight your typical slew of giant lizards, giant mantis', marauders wearing mismatched gear, etc. Even the wildlands you fight them in is just your generic wasteland of giant mushrooms and acid pools. None of it looks BAD, It's just incredibly boring and feels like it was just slapped together as a backdrop for the RPG gameplay.

Speaking of fighting monsters and marauders, combat is by far the worst part of the outer worlds. Much like the Fallout series, the combat in this game is clunky, awkward, and unsatisfying. You have a bullet-time feature that helps combat with increased damage and better aiming, but much like VATS, it just feels like its there to make up for the terrible combat, like a band-aid. When the enemies are even a bit more powerful than you, the combat is just miserable with every enemy being a bullet sponge. I just don't think the game needed to be an FPS.

Overall, while the game nails its RPG gameplay, it stumbles just enough with the art style and combat to make it go from great to just good.
  4. Nov 3, 2019
    Its about time we got an RPG! Not a generic open world game with some surface-level RPG elements, but a proper, choice driven RPG.

The dialogue options, built using solid writing, the gameplay options, whether its gunning or sneaking your way through areas, all come together to create a personalised experience. These gameplay mechanics are enjoyable and well considered. The main story is interesting, with numerous branching side quests and characters that are unique, including companions that each include their own backstory worth exploring. Choices had outcomes and consequences, as you would hope, and were often difficult to make. The world is colourful and includes both a fun and cynical look at the corporate dominance found in our own world, with intelligent commentary through recognisable ideological ideas. Obsidian's charm shines throughout.

The game, although far smoother than anything a certain other Western "RPG" developer has ever put out, still had frame-rate issues at various points, and textures popping in and out. Side quests, although often unique and interesting, would frequently involve jumping to different worlds, resulting in laborious loading screens taking up much of my time. Exploration was not rewarded as well as i would have hoped, with it being difficult, so long as you converse with the characters you encounter, to come across locations or something interesting by accident. There was far more consumable variety than weapon or armour variety, which i found to be somewhat bizarre. Especially when the game does not pose enough difficulty in its gameplay for these consumables to be necessary. The skill tree was functional, but i was honestly disappointed with the perks available, that were generic and always stat based.

Fallout: New Vegas is my favourite game of all time, and i thoroughly enjoyed this, but both have their disappointing elements that detract from the game's quality as a whole. Even so, as an RPG, it functions far better than anything AAA seen in years.
  5. Oct 30, 2019
    It's a good, fun game. But, I am a little bit disappointed. When I heard a single player RPG was being made by the same people who made Fallout New Vegas, I was VERY excited. Unfortunately, this game did not quite live up to my expectations. I still think,it js a fun game and definitely worth playing but it is more shallow than I was expecting and isn't as open as I hoped. In FNV you leaveIt's a good, fun game. But, I am a little bit disappointed. When I heard a single player RPG was being made by the same people who made Fallout New Vegas, I was VERY excited. Unfortunately, this game did not quite live up to my expectations. I still think,it js a fun game and definitely worth playing but it is more shallow than I was expecting and isn't as open as I hoped. In FNV you leave someone's home who just nursed you back to health and you're free to go do whatever you want. That's what I was hoping for this game. Instead you have to do a bunch of quests to unlock new worlds and each station isn't big enough to give you the feeling of going out and exploring. Also, there is a lack of surprise encounters. You find enemies in the wild mulling around, but very few NPCs you can talk to. One of my favorite aspects of Fallout and Elder Scrolls games are the random people you encounter in the middle,of nowhere who are in some whacky predicament.. I have yet to see any of that in this game. Another part that feels shallow is the lack of items to interact with and use. In FNV you can pick up almost everything and all of those items have a purpose. That does not happen in this game. You can pick up weapons, armor, consumables and "junk" to be sold to merchants. There's no crafting, just adding mods that you find or purchase.
    A couple of things I do appreciate is the amusing dialogue and I have yet to be asked to spend money on anything outside of initially purchasing the game. Even though I have enjoyed the dialogue, another thing lacking is building relationships with NPCs. In FNV I cared about my companions,but in this game, nothing has made me care about any of them. I don't choose my party based on who I want to be around,just their abilities.
    Ultimately I would say this game is more like KOTR or Mass Effect, which is alright, but I was really hoping for something more like a new and improved Fallout.
  6. Nov 6, 2019
    The start of the game was fantastic. But for an open-world game, it was very restrictive of what you can and can't do. once it did let you out into the world there were numerous frame drops that were almost game-breaking for an Xbox. the campaign was also very good with how they displayed all the cutscenes and dialogue. and clever with how they played out the game to keep you playing, youThe start of the game was fantastic. But for an open-world game, it was very restrictive of what you can and can't do. once it did let you out into the world there were numerous frame drops that were almost game-breaking for an Xbox. the campaign was also very good with how they displayed all the cutscenes and dialogue. and clever with how they played out the game to keep you playing, you could try to kill and destroy a gang but end up going on a shopping trip for an old woman who needs to complete her recipe. Expand
  7. Nov 25, 2019
    Graphics are horrible, honestly. Just played Uncharted 4 on my PS4; it's possibly the best looking game I've played on a console, and now I have to face THIS on an XBox One X, the most powerful console of the current generation???
    The game is a Fallout knockoff, from the 50s-themed atmosphere to the combat mechanics, to perks and weapon/armor customization. Not necessarily a bad thing, but at best it looks like an uglier, simplified, Fallout 4. With several small, cramped mini-areas where exploration is pretty limited.
    I kinda like the tongue in cheek approach, the game doesn't take itself too seriously and often makes me laugh, or at least smile. Although "evil heartless corporation" jokes you unearth from locked terminals are already beginning to stretch thin. Ok, I get it, corporations don't give a damn about the lives of their employees, but after a while, the jokes begin to become stale.
    And finally, male bashing. In the first city you visit: the male leader is essentially a heartless slave driver who is not very gifted in the smarts department. A dissident encampment nearby is led by a compassionate and kind female leader, and guarded by a tough as nails female sheriff. My follower Parvati explained that her father was a grease monkey while her mother was a brilliant scientist, so it only made sense that the father would raise her, he was just a menial drone. We travel to a space station and the ruler is a super strong lesbian woman, selfless, honest to a fault and infinitely courageous, descending from a matrilinear lineage of equally powerful leaders. The security chief leading the mardets (marine detachment) is a super strong and competent woman who takes her job very seriously. If you try to talk to the guy next to her, he'll tell you he isn't allowed to respond to inquiries because he always makes mistakes when writing down people's name and surname. On the same station, we also find a white male ambassador, who, surprise surprise, is a slimy idiot. A secret lab on the Terra 2 planet: the chief is a white male scientist who is despised by all of his peers and only cares for himself and his life in the Capital, while also being utterly incapable of managing the station. A gangster city, on another planet: led by a super strong woman who may be a gangster but is exceedingly capable and is feared by all her minions - and her superior is in turn another super strong and efficient woman, residing on the space station. I meet one of her underlings, a male idiot, and there's a joke involving repeatedly punching him in the eye to put him in his place. See a trend so far?
    I find it funny how "diversity" has come to mean "bash white males like there's no tomorrow".

I hope it gets better going forward. It's not bad so far, but it's certainly not original and doesn't measure up with recent games technically. Also, the nazifem approach certainly wins no points with me, although I reckon some may appreciate it.
  8. Nov 8, 2019
    Small, "open-ish" world and nice visuals, but the game itself is kept alive only by the fallout/rpg nostalgia. However, the acerbic humor and corporate criticism almost makes you feel that time wasn't wasted. Clunky mechanics (please, add some deadzone/smoothness settings to the xbox controller, it's harder to aim than in any FPS) and outdated facial animation is a bad mix.
  9. Nov 2, 2019
    First of all gotta get this out of the way, I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, I'm not a bethesda fanboy who thinks the fallout games are perfect. I don't worship Pete Hines and I'm not secretly Todd Howard under a pseudonym with a fake moustache. On the flip side I'm also not an obsidian or new vegas cultist, I've never played Kotor and I thought new vegas was ok but really nothingFirst of all gotta get this out of the way, I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, I'm not a bethesda fanboy who thinks the fallout games are perfect. I don't worship Pete Hines and I'm not secretly Todd Howard under a pseudonym with a fake moustache. On the flip side I'm also not an obsidian or new vegas cultist, I've never played Kotor and I thought new vegas was ok but really nothing special, pretty much the same with their south park games. I'm kinda neutral on obsisdian. I enjoyed new vegas but I didn't think it was the second coming of videogame jesus like their cultists do. I mean it's a pretty decent game considering it was made in a year but it never really blew my sock off.
    I also had zero expectations for this game, it was sort of just a blip on my radar, I didn't get super hyped and raise my expectations in the slightest like I did for almost every fallout game haha. So this isn't an angry reactionary flame out because my expectations were too high, I had literally zero expectations of this game other than it being a fun rpg. I went into this game totally free of bias or hype to colour my verdict. I'm also not being paid by anyone to talk about retractable horse balls haha.

Ok so now that's out of the way you know that I'm coming at this from the most objective position you can get and all this hate is coming purely from a person that has never known true love and does not have a life.

Jesus where to start, ok so Outer Worlds starts where not Rick Sanchez/Doc Brown basically kidnaps your character from a giant colony spaceship that was 'lost' seventy or so years ago. Which is a pretty cool way to pick your character because you're basically not Rick Sanchez choosing from a list of colonists and once you've created your character and their stats and stuff you're ejected from his ship in an escape pod onto this alien world, where you first get to experience the **** combat and stealth, yeah.

First thing you'll notice apart from the interesting colour palette is that the weapons and combat are kinda bleh. All the guns look, sound and feel like they had a little orange cap on the end of the barrel before they were modelled haha. They look like toys and there isn't a lot of feedback. I tend to measure a game by the standard of it's shotgun and the first shotgun you get looks and sounds like you're firing squeaky potatoes at people. It's one of those rpgs where you can shoot someone five times in their bare face at point blank range and they just give you a stern look of disapproval and maybe say 'ow'. But it's pretty forgiving in the other direction, you can stand on a landmine and be mildly annoyed for about a minute. You don't really need to use cover, the combat is quite forgiving in general, I played it on normal and I breezed through most encounters I couldn't talk my way out of. It's casual af haha.
    Funny thing is you can't lay those mines though, I of course thinking of Fallout and having high engineering skill because I was role playing as Amos from the Expanse I expected to be able to disarm them and pocket them, I expected wrong. It just blew up in my face, you can't pick up or deploy mines in Outer worlds, there are also no grenades, there are grenade launchers but no grenades, not that I'm complaining, I don't usually use grenades in most games but it's weird them not being there, did they just forget?
    Come to think of it there were no grenades in bioshock either, just a grenade launcher, funny since I was just reviewing Prey 2017, a game that literally has more grenades than guns... and is ****

So the first part of the game I found really tedious because you 'inherit' lets say, a nice nearly new ship called 'The Unreliable' but to get it off the ground you need a maguffin to make the engine work. So the first part of the game you're making a choice to help either of these two factions to get the maguffin so you can make the ship work. So you're dropped onto this first planet but it's not a free roam game, it's like a hub game, so there are multiple planets and each planet has a tight little map to explore and exploit which is good and bad honestly.
    The two standards for rpg worlds spectrum for me are Fallout and Deus Ex, in Fallout you have a vast open world that's a mile wide and an inch deep. So big open space but it's not amazingly detailed and there's lots of reused as
  10. Nov 26, 2019
    I was incredibly hyped for this game leading up to launch, mostly because of the Obsidian name: after all, Obsidian is a fantastic studio with a pretty stellar track record of handling other companies' IPs, I was excited to see them get the chance to flex their creative muscles and develop a completely original game. After sinking about 15 hours into it, however, I'm pretty disappointedI was incredibly hyped for this game leading up to launch, mostly because of the Obsidian name: after all, Obsidian is a fantastic studio with a pretty stellar track record of handling other companies' IPs, I was excited to see them get the chance to flex their creative muscles and develop a completely original game. After sinking about 15 hours into it, however, I'm pretty disappointed with the end result. To be fair, there's a lot to like about this game: it's gorgeous to look at, and the core shooting mechanics are really fun and satisfying. In spite of all this, I find the overall experience to be incredibly shallow. While it's clear that Obsidian put their experience working on Knights of the Old Republic II to good use here, in a lot of ways KotOR II is a much more ambitious game than the Outer Worlds, and KotOR II came out 15 years ago: For example, in KotOR II, there was an influence system for companions, wherein your companions questlines would only revealed if you said or did things that they liked. Even after all my playthroughs of that game, I still haven't fully explored every companion's questline. Here though, the companions just kind of offer their quests to you without you having to put in any effort, and the quests themselves have such a frustratingly low payoff, you'd be just as well off not doing them in the first place. Furthermore, the Outer Worlds gives you the option to kick your companions out of your crew. When I saw that there were only 6 companion slots available, I was excited: I was going to have to make some decisions, kick some people out in order to make room for better crewmembers down the road. But then I learned that there are only 6 companions in the whole game, and I started to wonder what was even the point of including that game mechanic: why give me the option of kicking people out of my crew if I have no one to replace them with? That's not choice, that's the illusion of choice. And while we're on the subject of things KotOR II did better than the Outer Worlds, why did the Ebon Hawk get pre-rendered cutscenes every time it entered and left a planet, while the Unreliable only gets still images and loading screens? The Outer Worlds is not a huge game, you'd think they'd be able to fit in a few lousy flying animations.

Another point of criticism I have is the writing (and the world-building in general, for that matter). The writing is, in a word, mediocre. It's *almost* really good, but it feels forced, like the devs were trying *really* hard to emulate the success of quirky, humorous first person games like Portal or Borderlands, and therein lies the fatal flaw of this game: it's all about emulation. Everything about the Outer Worlds is just a cheap imitation of other, better games. It's overly safe and it adds nothing new to the genre. It's big, it's shiny, and it's empty. What a letdown.
  11. Dec 3, 2019
    I put about 10 hours into the Outer Worlds before my enjoyment wore out.

Game(s) like: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas Pros: - The slow motion mechanic was a lot of fun - The story kept me engaged at the beginning Cons: - Felt like a lot of "fetch" quests - Combat never really seems too difficult - Lots of loading times as is common in these type of games - I just didn't find
    I put about 10 hours into the Outer Worlds before my enjoyment wore out.

Game(s) like: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas

Pros:
    - The slow motion mechanic was a lot of fun
    - The story kept me engaged at the beginning

Cons:
    - Felt like a lot of "fetch" quests
    - Combat never really seems too difficult
    - Lots of loading times as is common in these type of games - I just didn't find the world/gameplay interesting enough to keep waiting
  12. Nov 11, 2019
    A blooming blast until you get to the late game... No variety after the missions are complete which makes me sad as the story and gameplay is great.
  13. Nov 26, 2019
    The game is a great RPG. The best thing about this game is the conversations and choices you make. You can kill every NPC in the game, even the quest-givers if you want. That feels your choices really matter. However, I can’t say good things for the rest. The game mechanics are so old. You feel like you are playing a ten-year-old game. Although it is not a real open-world game, there areThe game is a great RPG. The best thing about this game is the conversations and choices you make. You can kill every NPC in the game, even the quest-givers if you want. That feels your choices really matter. However, I can’t say good things for the rest. The game mechanics are so old. You feel like you are playing a ten-year-old game. Although it is not a real open-world game, there are too many and long loading screens. I mean the game requires loading even when you enter a small house. It was acceptable in the years of Fallout NV or Skyrim, but not in 2019. Animations are old. Perks are not creative like in Fallouts. There is no point to wear light or medium armor. They have no advantage against heavy armor. The weakest part of this game is the low variety of enemies. When you travel to other planets, you don’t notice changes in flora and fauna. The game is not really developed for consoles. The text size is too small to play the game on TV. I don’t remember any music from the game. The game has great potential. I hope the developers will work on these negative sides on the second game. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2019
    aburrido, un fallout mal hecho, un engendro entre no mans sky y fallout 3, mundos pequeños y vacíos, misiones aburridas, obvias y sosas, este juego no inventa nada, las armas son pocas y la munición se comparte de manera tonta, no hay explosivos, terminas las misiones de un mapa y no hay motivos de regresar, en las misiones los dialogos llegan a ser aburridos al gardo de querer ignorarlosaburrido, un fallout mal hecho, un engendro entre no mans sky y fallout 3, mundos pequeños y vacíos, misiones aburridas, obvias y sosas, este juego no inventa nada, las armas son pocas y la munición se comparte de manera tonta, no hay explosivos, terminas las misiones de un mapa y no hay motivos de regresar, en las misiones los dialogos llegan a ser aburridos al gardo de querer ignorarlos para poder jugar, las armaduras parecen copias de fallout 4, apenas y hay modificaciones en armas y armaduras, no hay armaduras o trajes de personalisación, muy corto, buen intento que solo queda en un wanabe de fallout Expand
  15. Oct 30, 2019
    muy buen juego de los creadores de fallout new vegas mejor vercion en la X, juego indispensable para todo fan de juego de accion y rol de la mano de obsidian ambientacion futurisa y apartado tecnico para ser un doble aa muy bonito visualmente
  16. Nov 8, 2019
    Ótimo game, espírito de fallout com mass effect, só dei 4 por causa dos textos que são muito pequenos.
  17. Nov 30, 2019
    Una declaracion de amor a los que nos gustan los juegos de rol
    Gran historia, grandes personajes, muchas posibilidades, gran entretencion y muy buen sentido del humor
  18. Jan 30, 2020
    I tried with this game. I really did. I love new vegas and when I saw obsidian made an original IP I was super excited. But this game is just boring. I felt like I was just doing fetch quests all the time. And also the inventory management system is absolutely terrible. I’m glad I got this for free with game pass. Otherwise that would’ve been 60 dollars down the drain
  19. Apr 5, 2020
    The Outer Worlds offers players a fun and overall enjoyable RPG experience with thoroughly fleshed out lore, beautiful scenery, lack of bugs, strong voice acting, enjoyable combat, and believable dialogue options.

The sheer beauty of the world around you is striking. These graphics are immaculate and it is clear the designers put immense effort into making the game near perfect visually. I never experienced any major bugs or crashes while playing. The game is incredibly polished, an obvious plus over the inevitable comparison to Bethesda (and even Bioware) games. In contrast to the rest of the videogame world, there are no microtransactions or pay-to-win content. The game you got on launch day is complete and ready for the consumer.

The sheer number of options for resolving each quest line is commendable, as well as the ability to shape the world around you with the ability to attack or even kill nearly every NPC in the game (with consequences). The backstory for the world itself is unique and interesting, while the use of turn of the century visuals and terminology was a great nod to that era in US history. While the resolution to the game is not perfect, your decisions have real impact on the game's later quests as well as the variety of character/faction endings. In addition, the stakes of your storyline feel real and dire compared to the more personal main quests of Bethesda's Fallout games.

The combat was very enjoyable. Compared to similar first and third person RPGs, the Outer Worlds combat felt less tacked on and more of an important aspect of the story.

Weapons and armor level editing, modifying, and scrapping were also a strong positive. As well as the limiting of the amount of junk/interactable items compared to the Fallout series.

While the side characters are not perfect or incredibly memorable, they all feel believable and were portrayed by solid voice actors. Your options to interact with them are diverse, but more impressive is their ability to interact with each other. No matter which two companions you bring with you, they will interact with the NPCs and one another in unique ways that add to the story and impact your experience.

However, the game had some shortcomings. Primarily, the limited amount of content. This could be a plus to some who desire a more streamlined story. Personally, I felt the game lacked more meaningful side quests and begged for some additional storylines.

The physical worlds of the Outer Worlds feel small and limited after only a few hours. Planets and regions needed more diverse fauna, enemies, buildings and NPCs to round out each region as having a unique experience. Several areas on the map were littered with fake doors of fake buildings that progressively made the worlds feel smaller and smaller.

Skills did not feel significant other then for a few speech checks while special abilities/perks do not feel robust or very important. In addition, the Attributes, Skills, method of healing, use of consumables, weapon types, time slow down, humor and general spirit of the game all feels unoriginal and borrowed from the creators' previous experience in Fallout.

The general story is a bit on the overly simplistic side, with the comically evil corporation seeming too forced. For narrative purposes I would have preferred a more realistic, pragmatic, profit-driven company and the alternative "good" faction to have a larger downside or more moral ambiguity.

Generally, the Outer Worlds feels like a fun, far more polished and launch ready Fallout game (specifically New Vegas) with pieces of Mass Effect, the Firefly TV series and Bioshock for good measure. I enjoyed the hours I put into the game, but did not feel it innovates or takes many substantial risks.
  20. Oct 29, 2019
    I have just finished the game, and I must say that I'm impressed. I've been glued to my gaming chair, enthralled by quest after quest and doing them with no hesitation. And what you do in the simulated world does actually matter, whether it be helping a faction to gain their support or one of your companions hating your guts because you've been treating them poorly. Also, there is a realI have just finished the game, and I must say that I'm impressed. I've been glued to my gaming chair, enthralled by quest after quest and doing them with no hesitation. And what you do in the simulated world does actually matter, whether it be helping a faction to gain their support or one of your companions hating your guts because you've been treating them poorly. Also, there is a real sense of gravity in the important decisions that you have to make to continue the story. Combat feels good, in the sense that the enemies try to run when intimidated or when your teammates take cover to avoid the oncoming hail of bullets; essentially, your companions aren't bullet sponges. Onto the facial animations, they are absolutely wonderful when compared to games such as Mass Effect: Andromeda or the Fallout games. I wouldn't say that their the best, but it's pretty close.

Now that I've talked a lot about the positives, it's time to move on to the negatives. First of all, when exploring the multiple planets (and ships), it can get pretty dull, with the land barren, nothing to discover except for the occasional Marauder camp that are dotted around the planets. Although there are many weapon mods, there are not many weapons to choose from. Once you've gotten to a high-enough level, the enemies you encounter start to feel like enemies from the beginning of the game; not worth a challenge. And finally, there are too many loading screens in the game for the year of 2019.

This is purely my opinion.
  21. Oct 29, 2019
    When I started playing this game, I was deeply enthralled. Yet the longer I played, the more that feeling dulled. The game isn't very long when you compare it to similar titles and the number of things you can do outside the quests is sorely lacking.

I found the companions pretty dull and felt that any interaction I had with them was utterly pointless. You have nothing to help you gauge just how well your relationship with them is and I'm unsure if you can even romance anyone. On a positive note, they do seem to carry their weight in fights; as well as you equip them well.

Gear is too straight forward. Quality of gear is based on the corporations selling them and pickings are slim and they have one low-level variant and one higher-level variant. There are some unique variants, but you can't mod them and the cost to "tweak" them doubles for each level you raise the weapon. Weapons always drop or are purchasable at the same level no matter what. This sucks with the unique items, because you can only tweak them so much before you make it so expensive that it'll make it impossible to level any further. Then the mods, there are only a hand ful of options, may be 3 to 4 options on each modable slot. I found myself running the same weapon in all four of my slots, the only difference being the element damage I modded onto it. They also have some science weapons which you can earn in a side mission, but there are like only 5 or 6 of them and they are all low to mid level with gimmicky effects and low damage and seem to serve more of a utility role than that of providing offense. Example, one pistol shrinks enemies making them weaker and another mind controls an enemy to attack other enemies as long as you are constantly hitting them with the beam of the gun. At least with those weapons, if you get a skill high enough you can cap the amount they charge you tweaking them to 200 bits per level.

Combat is clunky. Without the time dilation mechanic, shooting would be insufferable and you'd have to go pure melee. Time dilation works almost like how VATS worked in Fallout 4, except you have full control over aiming.

The game isn't open world. The set up is similar to the KOTOR games. You travel to place to place and each world will have a small area that you can operate in. Some world may have multiple maps, but you'd have to be able to dock your ship there to explore there.

I feel like this game is getting a buff to its review scores because of how Bethesda and Fallout (Specifically Fallout 76) left a sour taste in its fans mouth and this game was announced after the poor release of Fallout 76 and released after Bethesda broke its promise on additional charges for gameplay improvements and released a broken subscription service. On a functional level, this game is way better than Fallout, on a content level it's sorely lacking. After you beat the game, there's really nothing else to do. You could play its version of hardcore survival mode, but there is really nothing outside of the quests; which you can complete with 48 hours. There aren't many different outcomes to the quests, the difference is how you get there and how it affects your reputation with the other factions. Which, from at least my playthrough, only effected NPC disposition and market prices.

I do recommend playing the game, but I don't think I could recommend this game at full retail price to someone sitting on the fence on whether they should buy it. It's worth it on game pass or as a week-long rental, but that's it.
  22. Oct 28, 2019
    Well, the game is indeed beautiful, although it can get very empty at the same time. You can go back and forth and try different approaches, however there seems to be a VERY narrow limit to what you can really do. Yes, you could kill everyone. But it does not "do" anything. Meaning that unless you follow the one main quest, you can do... Nothing?

I like the fact that this is a game that

I like the fact that this is a game that tries to get away from the Fallout/Skyrim formula, though it pulls so much from these two, without exactly giving the same amount of freedom. No crafting system (even though the modding options are interesting). No building options. And the fact that in Supernova difficulty you can only rest at your own spaceship makes it really inconvenient. There are plenty of beds in the world, however yours seem to be magic somehow.

The fighting system is very neat and clear, and it does not complicate matters more than it should.

Companions are interesting and add insight and variation to a somehow sterile world. Most NPCs just have one line of dialogue, and cannot be interacted with.

Items seem to be plenty, though I found somehow frustrating to learn how to use them, given the amount.

One last thing, I understand the fact that there is no romance in the game, and that it sometimes gets overrated. However, why would it include an NPC romance option? In any case, only 10 hours in on the game, let us see if things change a bit in pace/direction, or of it will continue to be a sort of an errand boy/girl kind of game, such as Dragon Age Inquisition.
  23. Nov 6, 2019
    Meh. I am sad to say, this is no successor to New Vegas...this is just Fallout in space but without the fun of Fallout...or the fun of traveling in space...I played launch day and was thoroughly disappointed. I could give an extensive review...but after about 3-4 hours of boring lifeless gameplay, I was done....the moment I shot a bottle on a table and it didnt so much as display a bulletMeh. I am sad to say, this is no successor to New Vegas...this is just Fallout in space but without the fun of Fallout...or the fun of traveling in space...I played launch day and was thoroughly disappointed. I could give an extensive review...but after about 3-4 hours of boring lifeless gameplay, I was done....the moment I shot a bottle on a table and it didnt so much as display a bullet mark..I was done. Lack of immersion in an open world game in 2019....come on...you guys are better than this. Static objects, static characters, recycled missions, recycled story line, decisions dont really matter at the end of the day.. Expand
  24. Nov 3, 2019
    Good game albeit not very memorable. The humor gets old fast but without it the story is just ok. There's a good amount of dialogue and decision making, and the gameplay is generally fun which is why I'm giving it an 8.
  25. Oct 30, 2019
    To keep things brief: this game very much feels like a cobbling together of other sci-fi themed RPG games, but an enjoyable one at that.

It's relatively short for the genre and isn't too difficult on normal settings.

Won't change your life, but it's a fun detour that you can probably finish in a weekend.
  26. Nov 6, 2019
    Very good game overall, but with some major flaws:

- Atrocious level design for an FPS. While Obsidian clearly knows how to design an RPG, their skill in designing FPS levels is lacking. You get bullets flying from literally everywhere, the game is designed around the cover/reload mechanics, but there are no covers you can use. Too much open-space shooting, does not feel like an FPS.
    Very good game overall, but with some major flaws:

- Lifting too much from Fallout. I can understand the parody/tribute thing, but come on, this is too much. Sometimes the game feels like a cheap clone of Fallout.

- RPG elements are severely lacking, very linear "unlock this skill" system. Was not expecting this from the same developer of Pillars Of Eternity...

- Weapons are not very good, was expecting much more. Science weapons are trash, nice reference to Duke Nukem though.

- Insanely long load times. Takes forever to open the map screen on the xbox one x, come on...

I'd say is much better than the average FPS we get today, but it's not as good as a pure FPS (i.e. Doom) and it's not good as an hybrid FPS/RPG (System Shock 2, Prey, Deus Ex). So I really don't understand where they want to go with this franchise.

The game is funny anyway, so it's definitely worth checking it out.
  27. Nov 1, 2019
    After one and half hour, game draws you into such a prosperous world, or you have thought like that. It is hard to say that the Outer Worlds shows a different experiment while contrasting other samples of this genre whereas it is not a strong instance for define RPG. Last but not least, after 5 or 6 hours, game starting to repeat itself, and the most horrible thing, profoundness of theAfter one and half hour, game draws you into such a prosperous world, or you have thought like that. It is hard to say that the Outer Worlds shows a different experiment while contrasting other samples of this genre whereas it is not a strong instance for define RPG. Last but not least, after 5 or 6 hours, game starting to repeat itself, and the most horrible thing, profoundness of the quests have slightly declined throughout game time, and what remains after that is that long boring conversations. Expand
  28. Nov 4, 2019
    Good story, Fantastic banter, however lazy gunplay & laden with the same wannabe "subtle" political suffocation that plagues modern gaming: every white man is a villain, everyone is gay, on and on... So disappointing
  29. Nov 8, 2019
    The only reason why this is getting rave reviews is because "Bethesda bad." That's literally it. Outer Worlds is definitively the weakest entry in Obsidian's collection of narrative RPGs, and it shows from beginning to end. No doubt they "outdid themselves" in making a 3D world that looks vaguely like something Bethesda's B-team would drop. People saying this is the bug-free Fallout seemedThe only reason why this is getting rave reviews is because "Bethesda bad." That's literally it. Outer Worlds is definitively the weakest entry in Obsidian's collection of narrative RPGs, and it shows from beginning to end. No doubt they "outdid themselves" in making a 3D world that looks vaguely like something Bethesda's B-team would drop. People saying this is the bug-free Fallout seemed to have been playing a very different game from mine, where it only took a few minutes before I got stuck in the terrain or events in a quest chain refused to trigger, forcing me to kill the quest NPCs I was trying to work for.

In any case, regardless of who made it, Outer Worlds is a mediocre game with mediocre writing, a cheap cash-in on other IPs like Firefly and Bioshock. The world is lifeless, with "failing corporations" standing around waiting for you to destroy them. Companions just decide to pop on your ship, and are so inconsequential to your journey that you can just immediately ask them to leave your ship, your party, and your life, where they'll no-doubt sit and sulk where you first found them until you decide to take them on the most bland, sunset tone adventure media has ever seen.

This game just makes me want to read a book. At least in a book, something happens within the first eight hours. In Outer Worlds, I'm CRAWLING along, doing the most inane sidequests that have already been in other Obsidian games. The last one I stopped on was "investigating" a murder. I went to the dead person's house, the game told me who to talk to, I talked to them, and then they told me who the murderer was. I went and beat up the murders. Wow. Are these really the people who made KOTOR2? Pillars of Eternity? I'm expecting a shred of Narrative complexity here. Just a shred. Please.

Right now I'm playing it a few minutes or an hour at a two at a time. It's like a train wreck in very slow motion which I'm mildly in engaged to glance back at every now and again. Maybe it'll get better, but looking at the fact that I've completed most of the scanty, miserable skill tree and am impervious to enemy attacks on normal difficult, I'm pretty sure the game is about to wind to a sudden conclusion. If the game gets better at some point from here, I'll leave an edit.
  30. Oct 31, 2019
    The game is good, it's pretty addicting, and I imagine it's way funner on other platforms like PC or the Xbox one x or s,but I have the original Xbone and this game chugs pretty hard. Very static and choppy frames. Still fun and everything else is great, but it actually winds up hurting your eyes because of how weird the textures and clframes get all wonky
  31. Nov 18, 2019
    Every aspect of this game quite frankly sucks. Story, character and dialogue all are written very poorly, it is clear that it was cobbled together with little care or thought, Dialogue for side quests especially simply does not make sense, the worst offender being the MSI and Iconoclast storyline with the control pod or whatever. it just simply does not make sense, some goon wants toEvery aspect of this game quite frankly sucks. Story, character and dialogue all are written very poorly, it is clear that it was cobbled together with little care or thought, Dialogue for side quests especially simply does not make sense, the worst offender being the MSI and Iconoclast storyline with the control pod or whatever. it just simply does not make sense, some goon wants to dethrone some other goon for reasons combined with some poorly explained plot twist (for it to make any sense you need to read a terminal or something, terminals are for extras and secrets not crucial plot info.) Combat sucks, exploration sucks (literally non existent), enemies suck (there are like 6), loot sucks, dialogue options suck, character creation sucks and is also redundant in a fps, characters are like robots apart from companions and Phineas, and the game just ends in an anti-climax, as if they said **** what do we do now?" Fallout 4 is leagues better as a Bethesda rpg and that had a voiced character and limited dialogue options due to it, but at least that benefitted somewhat story wise. This game doesn't benefit at all from any design choices, its just a plain generic bore. Expand
  32. Oct 25, 2019
    it is a great game overall. The dialogue for the characters you encounter are very well done, funny and fun, and with all of the options which you decide for yourself how to carry out the conversations- this game will be repeatable numerous times and just as enjoyable.

The world itself is beautifully made- I wish there was a camera mode for players but aside from that wish honestly I expected the world to be less open and more along the lines of having paths that you basically follow along for the story but to my surprise it’s very open and the game encourages / rewards exploration.

The combat mechanics feel good, and I like the diversity of weapons / builds you can make.

I feel they nailed the character customization and stats build, along with allowing you to respec your character it leaves flexibility for you to test out different things and build towards your personal preferences. All in all, a very fun, very well put together game, which I see myself playing numerous times and taking different routes with my characters.
  33. Oct 25, 2019
    The best RPG I've played in years. The dialogue and its options are great and very funny. Combat is good and somewhat fun. So far almost no bugs. The writing is excellent.
  34. Nov 18, 2019
    a painful 7/10.

I really want to give it a larger score, however there is a major gripe I have with it that I haven't really seen talked about. First off, I want to say the game is great. The story is awesome, the gun play is fun, progression is great, and the writing is very scifi-tropey and funny. Its a very fun game. However, the largest gripe I have is the amount of content.
    a painful 7/10.

However, the largest gripe I have is the amount of content. This has many planets, however the lack of side content is surprising. There ARE many side quests, however I put in about 30 hours and have literally nothing else to do and have fully completed the game. In my opinion, 30 hours for a $60 RPG just shouldn't happen. If they had more content (or if they release free DLC) it would be more worth the money.
    Loved the game, but the lack of content was saddening.
  35. Oct 25, 2019
    A wonderful authentic Rpg: Nice story, great characterization, amazing immersive gameplay. in one word: Great.
  36. Oct 29, 2019
    The game is beautiful and well crafted. You can tell how much time was put into the game.
  37. Oct 25, 2019
    A few hours in and I felt I had to give this game some love. I thought the days where long gone for the golden age of gaming in which we got to play fallout 3 and new Vegas but this has game me hope that it can still happen. This is what fallout 4 should have been, Bethesda take note this is how you make an amazing action RPG and if you left fallout with obsidian maybe fallout 76 my haveA few hours in and I felt I had to give this game some love. I thought the days where long gone for the golden age of gaming in which we got to play fallout 3 and new Vegas but this has game me hope that it can still happen. This is what fallout 4 should have been, Bethesda take note this is how you make an amazing action RPG and if you left fallout with obsidian maybe fallout 76 my have never happened. WELL DONE OBSIDIAN!!!! Expand
  38. Oct 25, 2019
    This game remind me of whats is the best fallout in my opinion, Fallout New Vegas, it has incredible mechanic, story and game-play. Easily one strong competitor for Game Of The Year
  39. Oct 25, 2019
    One of Obsidians Best works! The worlds are abit smaller but still very good made, the art design is beautifull and the comedy of the game is on top! The gameplay is very smooth and very polished even the meele combat was very refined and well done, it dosn't feel out of place at all.
  40. Oct 29, 2019
    This game is a pure treat. For those of us who loved RPG's from the 1990's and 2000's, this incorporates the best of some old school mechanics and blends it with a modern approach. The futuristic setting, the new universe to play around in, the likeable and unlikeable characters, and the gameplay will drain the time right out of a day. There are some quirks, and some performanceThis game is a pure treat. For those of us who loved RPG's from the 1990's and 2000's, this incorporates the best of some old school mechanics and blends it with a modern approach. The futuristic setting, the new universe to play around in, the likeable and unlikeable characters, and the gameplay will drain the time right out of a day. There are some quirks, and some performance oddities here and there, but nothing that reduces the fun factor of the game. I'm all in for any sequels Obsidian works on with this IP. Expand
  41. Oct 30, 2019
    Best rpg of the year, obsidian is a monster in doing games like this... hope to see more games like that as xbox exclusives
  42. Nov 21, 2019
    Everyone sucks obsidian's d but they make the worst stories and have terrible writers compared to bioware and Bethesda imo. Boring story, boring choices and boring gameplay with no pay offs. This is an rpg made for fortnight kids who enjoy political correctness, bright colours and think tiktok memes are funny. Please don't waste your life on this piece of **** even if you get if for free.
  43. Oct 25, 2019
    Yes, as an intermediate snack a good role-playing game which goes easily off the hand and also looks good. I get it via the XBox Gamepass and that's another plus.
    Therefore, any Fallout fan can access without being disappointed, as with Fallout 76.
  44. Oct 25, 2019
    Absolutely amazing game, well done Obsidian. Nice to see some companies still care about us players who prefer single player games. No online required, no micro transactions, just pure fun, great visuals and so far a very good story.
  45. Oct 25, 2019
    Only a few hours in but so far I'm loving this game. I find it a little more polished that Fallout 4. It has the same quirky humor and outrages comebacks and one-liners you'd come to expect from Obsidian. The gun play is great and melee weapons have some weight to them
  46. Oct 25, 2019
    Excelente RPG. Além da semelhança aos bons tempos de Fallout, percebi influência de Dishonored também. A complexidade do RGP não dificulta a experiência. Pelo contrário, causa imersão e abre várias possibilidades para a história.
  47. Oct 25, 2019
    Que jogo foda. Já no início ali vc faz uma simples missão secundária q se transforma em uma mega trama muito boa q da vontade de saber o que vai acontecer. As histórias são interligadas, achei muito legal isso também. Vale a pena jogar não apenas pela história mas o gameplay e fluido e muito bom.
  48. Oct 27, 2019
    Where the game really excels is the role playing element. Great dialogue and attention to detail. Your actions have real implications on the story and your reputation with others. It's good to see a developer not cutting corners in this respect.

However the game struggles in other departments. The visuals are artificial and over-saturated, like it's been put through a filter. Definitely not as pretty as Mass Effect: Andromeda. Nor does it play as well as Borderlands 3. The A.I is dumb during combat. Enemies run in random directions, face the wrong way, get stuck behind rocks or stand still in their positions during gun fights. The stealth element is just as clunky. There's noticeable lag and stuttering whenever you change direction on certain parts of the map. Because of this, I'm finding the missions to be a chore. I'm doing them to progress the story, not because I actually enjoy doing them.

Overall, it's not a bad game, especially if you're getting it on Game Pass. If you've watched Youtube reviews and your main attraction to this game is the story and role playing element - building a character, levelling up skills, aquiring and modifying weapons, etc - you might love it. But if you're buying the game expecting first and foremost a good first person shooter, with great gunplay and game mechanics, then it will disappoint. Go for Borderlands.

I was going to give it a lower score but I appreciate the developers at least attempting to make a great single player game with no battle royale or in-game transactions. Kudos.
  49. Oct 25, 2019
    The last dev to make a good Bethesda RPG. Obsidian does it again. Simply amazing.
  50. Oct 25, 2019
    It’s an amazing game, the rpg elements feel fresh and the execution of everything is perfect. GOTY!
  51. Oct 25, 2019
    This is GOTY for me. Obsidian never fails to deliver and this game is not exception. Is really impressive with the limited budget and all, and really got me hyped for what they can do with Microsoft money. Really recommend this game if you’re looking to scratch that BioWare/Fallout series itch!
  52. Oct 25, 2019
    Why is this literally what we wanted from fallout 76 but obsidian delivered a well made and bug free ( at least for me) game! This is what happens when you take your time and make a game that fans actually care, and not something to just make money out of! The best part of the game is the funny commentary that is happening in the background. Just adds a depth of level design in my opinion!
  53. Oct 25, 2019
    This is how its done. It's not a high budget, state of the art graphics AAA game but it has been made with love and care. This is the game I have been waiting for Bethesda to make. The universe, atheistic and worlds are so well crafted. Its a love letter to fallout fans who miss the good old days. No bs microtransactions or lootboxes or **** like that. Just a good game. Hope to see dlc orThis is how its done. It's not a high budget, state of the art graphics AAA game but it has been made with love and care. This is the game I have been waiting for Bethesda to make. The universe, atheistic and worlds are so well crafted. Its a love letter to fallout fans who miss the good old days. No bs microtransactions or lootboxes or **** like that. Just a good game. Hope to see dlc or a sequel. Expand
  54. Oct 25, 2019
    Game is great, great graphics looks amazing on my Ultra Wide screen, easy controls, very fun.
  55. Oct 25, 2019
    Amazing game!!! Not a single bug yet!!! Did you hear that Bethesda?! I haven't had this much fun in a game like this since New Vegas. Quality start to finish. Love this game!!!
  56. Oct 25, 2019
    A masterpiece. Way better than Fallout series and other RPGs. Skill system is awesome and so is the combat.
  57. Oct 25, 2019
    Классическая RPG, без мультиплеера, очень напоминает Fallout.
    На Xbox One X картинка в 4К очень хорошая.
  58. Nov 2, 2019
    What an absolute piece of crap. How on Earth did this get over 8??? It started off with great potential but then it was finished in a heartbeat and incredibly anti-climatic. I also got the impression that the Social Justice Warriors had been involved as most of the main characters seemed to be women with blue and purple spikey hair. What an absolute waste of my time and money! I can'tWhat an absolute piece of crap. How on Earth did this get over 8??? It started off with great potential but then it was finished in a heartbeat and incredibly anti-climatic. I also got the impression that the Social Justice Warriors had been involved as most of the main characters seemed to be women with blue and purple spikey hair. What an absolute waste of my time and money! I can't believe this cost the same as games like Fallout 4 and any of the Mass Effect franchises, those were games with real scope and imagination. They had all these quirkey characters but your interactions with them are absolutely minimal, you don't even get the chance to build any kind of relationship or connection with them. What happened to Obsidian??? So disappointed. The game that promised so much yet delivered so little. Expand
  59. Oct 27, 2019
    I gotta say I did not expect to like this game as much as I did, but it is one of the very few titles I find myself thinking a lot about whenever I am not playing, and to be on xbox game pass I got to play it right away. If Outer Worlds was the only game on game pass it would still be well worth the ten bucks a month on it's own. The art style is awesome, the only complaint being that II gotta say I did not expect to like this game as much as I did, but it is one of the very few titles I find myself thinking a lot about whenever I am not playing, and to be on xbox game pass I got to play it right away. If Outer Worlds was the only game on game pass it would still be well worth the ten bucks a month on it's own. The art style is awesome, the only complaint being that I wasn't crazy about the armor design, but all the guns look and feel really good. Some of the worlds feel kind of samey but there are those that stand out quite a bit. The sound design is fantastic, the weapons being the shining example imo. Graphics are just fine but the art style helps lift it up a bit. Of course being a somewhat spiritual successor to Fallout New Vegas you can expect a lot of dialogue and different dialogue options. You can pretty much build your character around anything. My only piece of advice would be to not go for a jack of all trades build, it can make the game kind of boring in parts. Depending on how much you do on the first world it can be a slow start but I promise you it ramps up pretty quick after. After finishing I can honestly say that so far this would be my personal game of the year. It does everything I want out of a RPG and a lot more. If you are a fan of good Fallout games then this one is a must buy. I went ahead and purchased a copy because I can tell that this is a game I will keep coming back to and don't want to take the chance of it leaving game pass and not owning it. Expand
  60. Oct 25, 2019
    Obra maestra. Gran trabajo una vez mas por parte de Obsidian.
    Esto deberia haber sido el fallout 76.
  61. Oct 25, 2019
    Seems like there are developers out there who DO understand their audience. Good job, Obsidian.
  62. Oct 25, 2019
    Amazing worlds, meaningful dialogue and branching arch’s. Truly a RPG worth playing.
  63. Oct 25, 2019
    Awesome rpg. Not a "open world," more like hub worlds. Still great classic.
  64. Oct 26, 2019
    Games great! Fun story lines and quests, musics very atmospheric, you actually care for the characters!
    The colours are nice, makes the game very dystopian. If you were looking for a game similar to Fallout New Vegas, this is it!
    Gunplay is smooth, easy to get used to, I very rarely use a controller and had no problem. Heaps of customisation to armor and gear! Graphics are beautiful,
    Heaps of customisation to armor and gear!
    Graphics are beautiful, vibrant colours and good textures.

Story 9/10
    Gameplay 9/10
    Graphics 9/10
    Music 9/10
  65. Oct 26, 2019
    Absolute a fantastic game, mixes the best RPG games off the last 5 years. Mass effect, fall out even a glimpse of kotor. And the shooting action from borderlands in combination with a fantastic grown up story makes this proberly my game off the year.
  66. Oct 27, 2019
    You can tell this game was made with some love. If you like story driven RPGs then please support them. With Bioware under EA and Bethesda becoming really bad, there really isn't many choices here. I hope this is really successful and they can take the torch in this area. I would be curious to see what they can do with a bigger budget.
  67. Oct 31, 2019
    Best game Ive played in years. No BS, just a good story, interesting characters, and lots of hard choices
  68. Nov 19, 2019
    I have learned that I cannot trust professional game reviewers. Get a game for free, get paid to play it, and finish the whole thing in the 20 hours you budgeted for it before you have to play something else? 10/10, the return of proper Fallout!

This is not proper Fallout. Fallout 4, for all its faults, is a much better Fallout game, and Fallout 4 is a pretty bad Fallout game. But even on its own, Outer Worlds is pretty lackluster. The adventure is on rails, stats and consumables don't particularly matter, and the environments are small. There is no point in exploring because you will get a green blip leading you to literally everything in the area eventually.

The game only scores as high as it does with me because it fooled me into thinking there was going to be more for a decent amount of time. There is not more. I paid for a month of Game Pass for this and I am thankful that's all I spent.

That said, leave that anti-SJW nonsense at home. Yes, there is a lesbian, and yes, sometimes a woman will be in charge. If this is a threat to your fragile masculinity, please feel free to recede from modern society and leave the rest of us alone.
  69. Oct 29, 2019
    Playing this on the xbox one acts in 4K is absolutely stunning. Played over 20 hours and I don't even think I'm 20% into the game yet. The game is very well done
  70. Oct 29, 2019
    Amazing game. Great characters, great story and great world. This game is what Fallout games should be. If you like a good RPG and was a fan of Fallout games prior to Fallout 04 and ugh, Fallout 76 this is the game for you. Do yourself a favor and play this game, you won't regret it!
  71. Oct 30, 2019
    A worthy successor to Fallout: New Vegas. While it is short on content (in one playthrough; making different choices can lead to vastly different outcomes) , this is Obsidian's first attempt at a proper first-person RPG in a long time and does not have a huge budget. Any criticisms I have are nitpicks, and it is almost entirely bug-free.
  72. Oct 26, 2019
    Un juego excelente, tiene un sistema de costumizacion de personajes, inceibles, tiene un sistema de RPG estilo fallout, tambien fantasitico, tienes mucho que explorar, una hostoria que te tiene enganchado, decisiones sobre que decir , estilo fallout, tambien, tiene la opcion de robar, de crackeo de cosas (aunque diferente a fallout) muchas cosas increibles. ahora lo malo, la renderizacionUn juego excelente, tiene un sistema de costumizacion de personajes, inceibles, tiene un sistema de RPG estilo fallout, tambien fantasitico, tienes mucho que explorar, una hostoria que te tiene enganchado, decisiones sobre que decir , estilo fallout, tambien, tiene la opcion de robar, de crackeo de cosas (aunque diferente a fallout) muchas cosas increibles. ahora lo malo, la renderizacion de texturas en la one, es una basura, el frame rate es de 30-24 fps, la sensibilidad es pesima, y es poco modificable y no hay una ayuda de apunte por parte del juego tampoco, las graficas no me parecieron la gran cosa, me parece que y apenas le llega a bioshock infinite, no veo un gran salto inter-generacional en cuestion de graficas realmente, y creo que seria todo de parte de mi critica, un buen juego, lo recomiendo jugarlo, y si eres usuario de xbox o pc, te recomiendo mucho descargarlo por gamepass, o si no quieres depender de los servicios de renta mensual, te recomiendo comprarlo en fisico, o digital, aprovechen ahora que esta a 900 pesos en digitial (47 dolares) Expand
  73. Nov 1, 2019
    Amazing, simply amazing, Obsidian knows how to do a RPG with a good storytelling with many criticism and humor about capitalism, space and provoking Bethesda (fallout sucks ok)
  74. Oct 30, 2019
    Loved it! Plan on going through it several more times now that I know what to expect. Some parts felt repetitive and would have loved to see more planets or cruise around in the beautiful vacuum of space, but for a game with a lesser budget than most, it was fantastic! With Microsoft getting Obsidian this can only mean one thing-- BIGGER budget! Which means their games have nowhere to go but up!
  75. Oct 29, 2019
    Fatastic game thank you obsidian, the fallout game we never got
    After the disaster of Bethesda and EA its a fresh start
  76. Nov 1, 2019
    If you l love Fallout:New Vegas you'll definitely enjoy playing this game. This game may not have the open world map scale compared to Fallout 4 but it is incredibly dense in content
  77. Feb 9, 2020
    Nowhere near as fun as the Fallouts. Story boring. End cutscene long and boring. Too much loading and bland dialog.
  78. Oct 26, 2019
    Czuć ducha Fallouta, graficznie nie ma rewelacji, ale cała reszta w tym dialogi i fabuła nadrabiają niedoróbki graficzne. Gra posiada humor, który był obecny w starych odsłonach Fallouta. StarboardWing jakim trzeba być zjebem genetycznym, żeby pisać, że gra zasługuje na max 7 i wystawiać 0 ??? Niektórym powinno się dożywotnio odbierać dostęp do internetu.
  79. Nov 8, 2019
    Après une période de kickstarters et productions louchant un peu trop vers l'indé, Obsidian revient au triple... non plutôt au double A, ce qui n'est déjà pas si mal et on s'en réjouit tout-à-fait : à partir de l'Unreal 4, le studio renommé s'est assez bien débrouillé et propose un jeu agréable graphiquement parlant (en 4K sur la X) et qui tourne quasiment sans à-coups...

Le dégré de

Le dégré de finition est d'ailleurs assez étonnant de leur part... et à part un ou deux détails, aucun gros bug à signaler... sauf à la fin justement avec un gros plantage des familles : une porte s'ouvre, le "personnage non-joueur" est là avec ses gardes et... un beau, un magnifique CTD (crash to desk ou dashboard) ! heureusement, au lieu d'avancer et de déclencher le script foireux, il suffit d'ouvrir le feu et de zigouiller tout le monde et on peut continuer sans problèmes !

Je me disais aussi, Obsidian reste Obsidian après tout... mais on constate de gros progrès néanmoins depuis... un certain New Vegas à cet égard. Quoi qu'il en soit, s'il ne s'agit pas d'un monde ouvert, les diverses zones sont fort sympathiques et une certaine liberté d'action demeure, notamment au niveau des choix, lesquels sont encore augmentés si vous avez la langue bien pendue, via les compétences adéquates.

Le combat n'est pas extraordinaire mais fait à peu près le boulot ; l'interface se révèle plutôt efficace, la musique est agréable mais les voix sont restées en anglais uniquement. L'infiltration est un peu à la masse par contre... En vérité, le souci majeur de ce petit jeu de rôle (une trentaine d'heures grosso merdo) réside dans son univers lui-même : c'est en effet très conventionnel et souvent assez mal écrit...

C'est que sous son humour sans nuances, pour ne pas dire un brin stupide, sous ses airs de dénonciation des corporations omnipotentes et cyniques, se cache un agenda de justice sociale aussi limité que simplet et le fait qu'on puisse se comporter comme un salaud ne change pas vraiment la donne : le jeu n'est de toute façon pas assez sérieux pour se montrer crédible sur quelque sujet que ce soit.

Il n'est pas assez mordant non plus et fait penser à des blagues de collégiens rebelles et faussement désabusés : une caricature de leur travail sur Fallout New Vegas en somme.Voilà qui est décevant de leur part et décidément peu inspiré : les compagnons dans le jeu peuvent en témoigner, eux qui sont des baudruches bourrées de poncifs, génériques et façonnées selon les les lois de la diversité et de l'inclusivité.

Par ailleurs, la trame principale est un peu faiblarde et insuffisamment développée... et malgré tout, le petit monde d'Halcyon a son charme mais ça reste léger et ça manque singulièrement de maturité.
  80. Oct 30, 2019
    A really good game in general. The Outer Worlds is the proof that old style RPGS are still possible in 2019. (You hear that Bethesda?) I've been playing for some hours so far, and I absolutely loved the mood of this game. The story while a little bit cliché and Linear is great, but what really pleased me was the number of side quests that I would encounter just in the first town. GameplayA really good game in general. The Outer Worlds is the proof that old style RPGS are still possible in 2019. (You hear that Bethesda?) I've been playing for some hours so far, and I absolutely loved the mood of this game. The story while a little bit cliché and Linear is great, but what really pleased me was the number of side quests that I would encounter just in the first town. Gameplay is kinda standard, nothing out of the ordinary. However, I do feel like melee combat is a mess. Maybe I'm just bad at the game, but the melee is not fluid at all and the camera is glitchy a little. Other problem that prevents me from giving this game a 10 is the lack of FPS. I play on XBOX ONE (No money to have a master class pc ya know?) But still, the FPS drops are sometimes annoying. Lastly and this one is purely personal, but I would've loved to have have some romance options with the companions. There was so much potential for a romance feature in this game. I know that it's not game breaker, but after games like, Skyrim (Alright not the best for romance, but still), Mass Effect series, The Witcher and hell even Fallout (at times) I feel like having romance in this game would've been great.

In summary, this game could've been more, and could've been better optimized, but in general is a really well made RPG and brought back good memories of when I was playing the **** out of New Vegas. Would recommend!
  81. Nov 9, 2019
    Es una copia absurda de fallout, pero bastante mas simple, tanto en armas como en todos los demás sentidos
  82. Oct 26, 2019
    Very good my Goty this year. a masterful work of Obsidian, I can not wait for what the studio can do with Microsoft money.
  83. Oct 30, 2019
    Fantastic game, short and simple. Not 10/10 cause performance on Xbox S on some points, unfortunately.
  84. Nov 8, 2019
    En el apartado técnico es bastante malo aunque se ve bonito carga tarde las texturas y en algunos momentos se ve bastante mal.
    Empieza siendo divertido porque te da esa sensación de fallout pero esa sensación desaparece a las dos tres horas que lo llevas jugando y se torna aburrido.
    Es corto la historia poco interesante solo te gustara porque recuerda otros juegos.
  85. Oct 25, 2019
    A truly masterpiece from Xbox Game Studios. One of the best games of the year, I happy to see a new AAA Studio launching such great exclusive.
  86. Oct 25, 2019
    This is the game every RPG lover was looking to play. Make no mistake, Outer Worlds can stand on its own legs, which are pillars for an amazing RPG that is based on choice and consequences.
  87. Oct 29, 2019
    The Outer Worlds is a game with some short comings but still rises to greatness. The story is an engaging work of art in both visuals and content with roughly 40 hours of play and enjoyable combat. TOW dose not really break any new ground in the genre however it does what it does well enough to make it great fun to play.

Despite how good it is it still gets a few things wrong.TOW plays

Despite how good it is it still gets a few things wrong.TOW plays it safe and at times lean in many respects The maps were usually large enough with enough density and content to get by but in general fit into the "just enough" or close too it category. Some of the story was a little disjointed like unexpected and not even hinted too faction help at one point or some dialog that seemed out of place with NPCs that have more than one quest chain attached to them. Another case of the just enoughs was with the companions random dialog and engorgement on the ship and things with in the ship. Yet another case is the impact of dialog/quest decisions which was, just enough. The constant upholstering of your weapon when interacting with some things was a bit immersion breaking and gear customization seemed a little lacking. While there are games of this type in the past that had more robust mechanics and story and it's not really ground breaking in any way besides art style, nothing this good has come out in this RPG sub genre in a while making this game stand out amoungst its peers.

I ran into two large bugs during my play through. One bug needed a work around that effected the main quest and left me unable to recruit one of the companions unless I abandoned hours of game play and reloaded a much earlier save. Another bug was near the end with a notable NPC in the story and was only necessary for part of the ending I wanted but I found a work around for that too. Hopefully since both of these issues are prominent in the story they will be fixed soon.
  88. Oct 29, 2019
    So Im about 14 hours in. Its have been some-what entertaining so far. Altough Im unable to tell anything good that would be special to this game. I am however able to tell what is not:

- Itemization: Its just horrible. Lots of grab filling your inventory and most of the stuff that drops is worthless. Also the color-pallet is horrible on most of the items. Also lots of different items that mess your inventory, but do exactly the same thing.

- Worlds feel too small. You dezert a company and go hiding and build a new community 400m from your old one? Ok. The settlements are interesting, but the spaces between those are uninteresting.

- Every position of Power has so far been occupied by a woman and all the males are either whimpering soyboys or idiotic grunts. If I dont find a lore-reason for this Im going to go with SJW-pandering and this alone gets -3 points.

- Also some people are getting a "anti-capitalist" wipe from this game? Anyone with a brain notices that if you replace "board/company" with "The State" its a full on communism. Again political indoctrination without even being right -1 points.
  89. Nov 3, 2019
    I love obsidian so it brings me no pleasure to say this but I really hate almost everything about the outer worlds, I like the colour pallette but the game just did not gel with me in the slightest.
  90. Oct 31, 2019
    From the people that brought you fallout new Vegas, this is a very well polished game, the reviews I've read and watched have nothing but praise for this game and you can see why from the characters to the different worlds you visit. The game world actually feels lived in compared to other rpgs of the same type.. If you have game pass I'd advise to give this game a try, you won't beFrom the people that brought you fallout new Vegas, this is a very well polished game, the reviews I've read and watched have nothing but praise for this game and you can see why from the characters to the different worlds you visit. The game world actually feels lived in compared to other rpgs of the same type.. If you have game pass I'd advise to give this game a try, you won't be disappointed if you like fallout 4 or new Vegas. Expand
  91. Nov 21, 2019
    I've tried to play this game a couple of times now, but I just can't get into it. It seems like run of the mill bullet sponge shooter, with boring fetch quest missions, mediocre voice acting, boring worlds, and boring npc's that you can't interact with. I really don't understand why people love this game so much, though I suspect it might have something to do with fo76 being such anI've tried to play this game a couple of times now, but I just can't get into it. It seems like run of the mill bullet sponge shooter, with boring fetch quest missions, mediocre voice acting, boring worlds, and boring npc's that you can't interact with. I really don't understand why people love this game so much, though I suspect it might have something to do with fo76 being such an abysmal failure, and people just need to stick it to Bethesda.

I loved New Vegas. The way that game made you feel like you had an impact on the game world right from the first mission was amazingly well done.

This game has none of that. Everything feels like a chore with no consequences of your actions other than a little notice that you treated one faction badly and I guess they don't like you now? I wish I could understand what ppl are so stocked about, I just don't get it...
  92. Oct 27, 2019
    It has everything but Bethesda's money. It's ours fault that the game isn't as good as it could be. Support Obsidian, not Zenimax. It's clear for me, who has a passion and who has greediness. Best 3d Fallout ever.
  93. Oct 25, 2019
    excelente juego, el fallout espacial que necesitabamos, la verdad me siento muy feliz el tener este juegazo dia 1, recomendado al 100% ademas esta en gamepass, que estas esperando, ve y descargalo
  94. Oct 25, 2019
    Graficamente no te dira nada, pero jugablemente es lo maximo en el genero de los RPG, una maravilla que te atrapara de tal forma que no podras parar de jugar
  95. Oct 31, 2019
    Very disappointing game and frankly a waste of money and time. The gunplay is worse than previous Fallout games, how do you even manage to do that? The RPG elements are extremely shallow, there is no depth, evry choice feels the same, the game is just boring. It is clear that Obsidian is not the same developer they used to be in the past, they have gotten rid of all their talentedVery disappointing game and frankly a waste of money and time. The gunplay is worse than previous Fallout games, how do you even manage to do that? The RPG elements are extremely shallow, there is no depth, evry choice feels the same, the game is just boring. It is clear that Obsidian is not the same developer they used to be in the past, they have gotten rid of all their talented developers and replaced them with unqualified people, sad but true. Expand
  96. Oct 26, 2019
    Better than Fallout 4 but worse than Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

This game is one of those games that starts strong then the layers peel off once you start to get into the game. I can't recall a single characters name because they were so boring. Inventory is clunky. Leveling kinda sucks. Perks kinda suck. Options kinda suck. Weapon and armor modding kinda suck. No grenades. Look I'm
    Better than Fallout 4 but worse than Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Look I'm impressed with the lack of budget they were able to make something this solid. But I found myself playing this more like it was doom or something since I didn't really care. I eventually gave up all together once I hit the third world because I was just so bored.

The weird SJW motives forced into the mix on top of this just gross me out. For instance the default character is a black lesbian woman, which I'm sure is the majority or gamers playing their game obviously so it just makes sense for them to try to appeal to that large portion of the market. Not only that but there's this awkward forced in side quest where for 30 minutes you have to assist a lesbian in pursuing her sexual interest.
  97. Oct 25, 2019
    Well done Obsidian, this is an absolute master piece. Now that you have been bought by Microsoft, it's has me very excited for your future
  98. Oct 31, 2019
    Introduce politics in a video game, less than 60 hours of gameplay, lots of bugs plus a copy paste gameplay from another franchise
  99. Oct 25, 2019
    GOTY, best rpg since Witcher 3, New vegas and Divinity Original Sin 2.
    Simply amazing!

- Wonderful writing
    - Great stoundtrack
    - amazing game world
    - Its a blast to play
    - Great roleplaying and builds

This is is how you do a roleplaying game, 6 hours in and I am BLOWN AWAY! This is Obsidians masterpiece!!!!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

The Outer Worlds is a well-written, novel, gorgeous roleplaying game, made for today using some of yesterday's best tricks. If you fall into the trap of using fast travel it can feel like ticking off to-do list items instead of adventuring. But if you force yourself to slow down and let the sharp dialogue, otherworldly vistas, and intriguing characters work their magic, it's one of the best roleplaying experiences of the last few years.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Nov 18, 2019
    It’s a familiar template that The Outer Worlds builds itself around, but the depth and wit within its universe invites you ever-deeper. There’s social commentary and late-stage capitalism gallows humour all over the place, but it’s the richness of its imagined future that really holds the attention. [Issue#184, p.84]
  3. Nov 6, 2019
    As a recent addition to the Microsoft Game Studios family, Obsidian have put their best foot forward with The Outer Worlds. Solid gun play, an engaging story with great, likeable characters and a world that is fun to explore and interact with. Some missions let the side down a little and the game could be bigger but with so many nods to the great RPG predecessors and taking the best elements from them this is a great game to pick up.