4.1

Story : 5/10
    Technical aspects : 7/10
    Repeatability: 6/10
  2. Oct 27, 2020
    Torchlight III is an action role-playing game and the third game in the Torchlight series. It is developed by American studio Echtra Games and published by Perfect World Entertainment. Before we start reviewing this piece I need to say that I'm actually surprised by Torchlight fans didn't like the game at all
    and some of the fans become hater instead. At the end of the first of three acts in Torchlight III, there’s a boss character who repeats two of the same barks over and over. Torchlight III feels an awful lot like what it is: a free-to-play multiplayer game that thought better of itself, and decided to become a proper full-price microtransaction-free primarily solo release. If I didn’t already know the path it had taken, I’d have spent my entire time playing the game being gnawed at by wondering just what it was that made it all feel so off. This is all executed adeptly. Torchlight III is nothing if not mechanically sound. But in 2020, there is a prosaic quality to its priorities that feels bland compared to the other options. More directly, it was about the 12th time in a row that I found myself delving into a cookie-cutter dungeon in order to finish yet another uninspired quest that I began to notice what was missing more than what was there. I don't know how they made a game that was great in early 2000's then in 2020 they released the 3th game but unbelievably worse than that but nobody is happy with that. Well seems like there's no hope from now but we might see couple changes in the future who knows. At the end of the first of three acts in Torchlight III, there’s a boss character who repeats two of the same barks over and over. Torchlight III feels an awful lot like what it is: a free-to-play multiplayer game that thought better of itself, and decided to become a proper full-price microtransaction-free primarily solo release. If I didn’t already know the path it had taken, I’d have spent my entire time playing the game being gnawed at by wondering just what it was that made it all feel so off. This is all executed adeptly. Torchlight 3 is nothing if not mechanically sound. But in 2020, there is a prosaic quality to its priorities that feels bland compared to the other options. More directly, it was about the 12th time in a row that I found myself delving into a cookie-cutter dungeon in order to finish yet another uninspired quest that I began to notice what was missing more than what was there. I don't know how they made a game that was great in early 2000's than in 2020 they released the 3th game but unbelievably worse than that but nobody is happy with that . Well seems like there's no hope from now but we might see couple changes in the future who knows.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 8, 2020
    Torchlight 3 suffers from the decisions made in its development. It is a good ARPG but does not stand out at all.
  2. Nov 5, 2020
    The combat is sound, the loot is there, and playing with friends is a great time, but it does absolutely nothing to stand out in the crowded genre. It also does very little to stand out from its own predecessors. That is the biggest crime this game commits. There is simply nothing here that screams bigger and better than the last game. Still even with these shortcomings Torchlight III is a solid ARPG that will please anyone who decides to take the plunge. I enjoyed the hours I got from it, and loved playing with friends online. I had a hard time coming back to it regularly like other titles such as Diablo III and Path of Exile, which is not good considering how old those games are.
  3. Nov 4, 2020
    Torchlight III started life as a free-to-play title, and by all accounts it shows. It won’t bore you, but it’s just not engaging enough to become your next gaming obsession.