7.0

1. Apr 19, 2014
    RedLynx proves that, once again, once the speed dies down and bunnny hopping perfectly becomes a requirement for every jump 2/3 into the game, the fun factor falls flat on it's face and I end up dashboarding to another game.

That, and the FMX trick system feels completely unnecessary, and at times nearly broken. At times it takes entirely too long to go into a trick. RoosterTeeth and

RoosterTeeth and user content are the lifeblood of this game, and rightfully so, because RedLynx turns it into a controller-throwing hardcore skillfest in the final hours of the career.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    I am a huge fan of the 2 previous Trials games, so I was very excited to pop this into my Xbox One when I got home last night.
    There was always cheesy intro music to Trials games but the intro to Fusion is just terrible. It was not a good first impression to the game.
    I felt right at home with the gameplay as it is very similar to the other games. The issue I have is the performance of the game itself. First off it doesn't look very good at all, with a ton of jaggies and texture pop in everywhere. These are nothing compared to the screen tearing which drives me insane personally. There is no excuse for this. Normally I don't let these things bother me, but the PS4 and XB1 are supposed to be next generation machines. This game appears to be very much a relic of the last generation, ported up to the new systems.
    Overall it just seems the game is missing something. It's not a bad game but it isn't very good either. Oh the first thing you should do is turn the announcers off, they are horrible.
  3. Apr 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. -Intro:
    I've always liked Trials games for the music, the gameplay and that it was simple yet efficient. This one however is not just not as good.

-Music:
    This is the first thing you will want to turn off in the settings, unfortunately that's not the end of it. Your AI Cindy in game is going to talk and when you are on a retry streak it gets annoying so go ahead back into settings and turn too.

-Performance:
    The game was originally set to release at 800p for a reason but was bumped to 900p with a day one update. You are going to feel this, texture that are not loading fast enough, frame rate drops and the image having hard times. The X1 is a powerful machine and Trials Fusion is NOT beautiful enough to make it suffer.

-Tracks:
    The tracks are Ok, no breath taking drops or jaw dropping action and appart from a few original concepts their pretty basic stuff. There is a Track Central where users can upload home made tracks in a user friendly UI so I have high hopes for this.
    Every tracks have 3 medals and 3 challenges, medals are based on your time and retries and challenges are objectives (eg. Don't release throttle and never brake etc...). Trying to get all challenges WILL be painful.
    Each event has a skill game, overall they are fun but not super fun like the Cage ball in Trials HD. One of them consist on replicating tricks which to me feels really broken, even though I have managed to get a Gold.

-Controls:
    If you have played Trials before, basic controls are the same and that is GOOD, Go, Break, Lean. You can do tricks with the right thumb sticks, It's not awesome. Some tricks will register a flip when you just leaned forward too much while other flips won't be counted at all. I suggest you stick with basic tricks and you're not going to have any problem getting those gold medals.
    They have implemented impulse triggers but they just activate on accelerate and break, not thought out like in Forza where it's actually giving the user important feedback.

-Extras:
    There is a bit of customization.
    There are collectable squirrels hidden in some tracks.
    You can unlock a special outfit by getting gold medals on 3 tracks of Trials Fusions and 3 tracks of Trials Frontier.
    There is local multiplayer.

-Conclusion:
    If you leave music ON, there is going to be a dude yelling "Welcome to the Future" but I assure you this is not the future of Trials gaming yet.
    I will continue to play the game for challenges and achievements, I'm just worried it's not going to be as fun as it should.
  4. Jun 7, 2014
    Was fun. The older generations of trails were very fun. This game is very easy and boring. When I was 16, I would invite my friends over and we would have a blast with the original trials. Even my girlfriend at the time enjoyed playing that game, even though she hated video games. But now I regret the day of me ever spending $20.00 USD on this horrible excuse of a strategy game. Do not buyWas fun. The older generations of trails were very fun. This game is very easy and boring. When I was 16, I would invite my friends over and we would have a blast with the original trials. Even my girlfriend at the time enjoyed playing that game, even though she hated video games. But now I regret the day of me ever spending $20.00 USD on this horrible excuse of a strategy game. Do not buy this unless you want to think about suicide after you play, Expand
  5. Jul 4, 2014
    Trials Fusion is a well put together game with great graphics and awesome online tracks to try out. Putting that aside, it is extremely frustrating to the average Joe gamer. After completing the easy and medium levels, the game take an extremely difficult turn for the worst in which only the compulsive and obsessive players can finish. This is a game where either you have "it" or you dont.Trials Fusion is a well put together game with great graphics and awesome online tracks to try out. Putting that aside, it is extremely frustrating to the average Joe gamer. After completing the easy and medium levels, the game take an extremely difficult turn for the worst in which only the compulsive and obsessive players can finish. This is a game where either you have "it" or you dont.

Overall this is a good game, but it really belongs in the Free games with gold price range
  6. Sep 8, 2014
    I review games based on the following: Story, Multi-Player/ Cooperative, Creativity, Entertainment Value, and Replay Value. I give a rating of +1, 0, or -1 in each category and every game starts at a 5 out of 10. Trials Fusion is a motocross racing/ platformer that knows exactly what it is. The Story element in this game is pretty much nonexistent however it does come with a lengthyI review games based on the following: Story, Multi-Player/ Cooperative, Creativity, Entertainment Value, and Replay Value. I give a rating of +1, 0, or -1 in each category and every game starts at a 5 out of 10. Trials Fusion is a motocross racing/ platformer that knows exactly what it is. The Story element in this game is pretty much nonexistent however it does come with a lengthy "campaign" which is basically a set of tracks with increasing difficulty as you go. In the beginning, Trials Fusion is basically a series of racetracks where flips and tricks are your greatest challenge. In the end however you may find yourself ripping your hair out as you hit the 500 fault limit and fail a track for the 8th time in a row. Because of the variety of tracks that you must overcome in the single player with a lack of any story element, I give Trials Fusion a 0 for Story. Multi-Player is pretty much the same exact game as the single player except with 2-4 riders all riding at the same time on the same screen. The system of faults, bailout finishes, and scoring that they use is pretty clever for this type of game. I think that Trials Fusion knows exactly how to do Multi-Player however there is one HUGE problem with it... there are only 10 tracks each lasting anywhere from 1-3 minutes. This means that every time you play it you will do the exact same thing for about 15-20 minutes and the only variation in the game play is the 6 bikes you have to choose from. This is unless of course you make your own maps or download custom content that is made for multiple riders. Due to the lack of variety and the factors above I give Multi-Player a -1. Trials Fusion provides a variety of maps in the single player for you to play through however a lot of them end up feeling alike. The Trials series has created many unique tracks for its players and provide them with the tools to build your own amazing tracks. Because of the immense options you may choose from in making your own map and the diverse range of tracks to choose from, I give Creativity a +1. This games entertainment value is really all about its replay value. Is it fun to take on all the challenges the game has to offer? Yes. Can you replay each track and still have fun? Yes and no depending on if you are a completionist or not. If you are then you will spend endless hours on the game if not then you will spend about 5 hours on the game to just complete the tracks. I give Trials Fusion a +1 on Entertainment Value and a +1 on Replay Value. Because of all the above ratings I give Trials an overall 7. I personally recommend this game it is a lot of fun and can be worth the $20 it costs on Xbox One. I would wait for it to go on sale or price drop because its one of those games that you done need right away. Expand
  7. Sep 7, 2015

Trails Fusion is a good racer but at the some time and mainly a great puzzle game

+ Great levels
    + Challenging
    + Customization options
    + Online Mode

- Single Player
    - Controls are a little bit slippery
  8. Jun 20, 2015
    The prequels were better. The graphics, sounds and maps are fairly good. The animations are poorly made and the career mode can be completed very quickly even for a new player.
  9. Sep 10, 2017
    Ubisoft tomó una mecánica divertida y con enganche sobre la cual construyó un juego divertido pero poco variado y mal desarrollado en cuanto a dificultad. Su principal problema es que no tiene una progresión equilibrada, si no que mas bien te enseña las bases para en su ultima etapa tornarse en un juego demasiado desafiante. Aún así lo poco variado de sus escenarios sumado a los cortos queUbisoft tomó una mecánica divertida y con enganche sobre la cual construyó un juego divertido pero poco variado y mal desarrollado en cuanto a dificultad. Su principal problema es que no tiene una progresión equilibrada, si no que mas bien te enseña las bases para en su ultima etapa tornarse en un juego demasiado desafiante. Aún así lo poco variado de sus escenarios sumado a los cortos que son genera una sensación agridulce: el juego es divertido en sus bases mecánicas pero todo lo demás salvo el diseño artístico está mal. Salvo que sea un regalo del Gold no lo puedo recomendar y no lo repruebo sólo por solida que es su mecánica de juego. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 24, 2014
    Offering up new challenges and features keeps us entertained, and the unlimited supply of tracks via Track Central ensures that the game will never die. Trials Fusions downfall is that of the new FMX trials. It is an unnecessary addition to a game still provides the player with the same fun factor as its predecessors without it.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 5, 2014
    Nicely looking sequel that was obviously rushed and now it’s up to the community to bring it to completion. [Issue#242]
  3. Jun 3, 2014
    RedLynx certainly hasn't lost any of the ideas that make the Trials series so much fun to play and has escalated the track design in a way that makes this game feel fresh and new, despite being the 13th entry in a decade-old series.