- Summary: Jutlands elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself - the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unitJutlands elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself - the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutlands own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzis tyranny. However, Amleth Gronkjaer, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Valkyria Revolution - The Battlefield is Calling Trailer
Official Xbox Magazine UKAug 24, 2017Turgid storytelling, poorly explained mechanics and abysmally unoptimised code. [Sept 2017, p.86]
Jul 10, 2017This is a spin off that simply shouldn't be. It tries to take on too many ideas without forming an interesting and engaging core. With boring characters and a story that requires more cutscenes than gameplay, this game really exemplifies why show, don't tell is still true.
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 1 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Feb 25, 2020I had high hopes for Valkyria Revolution..
The developer decided to take the Valkyria series into a new action RPG system (similar toI had high hopes for Valkyria Revolution..
The developer decided to take the Valkyria series into a new action RPG system (similar to Dynasty Warriors), which left gamers a little bit skeptic.
After achieving 100% on this game (all story missions, all free missions, all circle events, all upgrades, all achievements), I can finally voice my opinion.
First off let me name the good points:
- New combat style is quite fun with the ragnite element
- Can play as all characters in the game
- Consistent upgrades throughout progression in game.
and now for some bad points
- Whilst the story is somewhat ok, this is overlooked by the sheer amount of cutscenes that you will have to sit through! The cutscenes and the storytelling feel forced and are more frequent than actually playing the game!
- Story is predictable, no cliffhangers, twists or anything noteworthy - it isn't a story I will remember for years to come.
- Repetitive gameplay - All missions are seemingly the same, hack, slack and run through levels. I would have preferred to have a little more diversity throughout the game (the boss battles are a nice additional though).
- The RP system - when you command an attack, you will use what they call "RP" which then takes a few seconds to build back up before you can strike again. Whilst I understand why the developer introduced this, it really does have a big effect on the momentum of the gameplay.
Overall I would give this game a 5/10. If this game had a better story narrative and more gameplay than cutscenes, then I could have quite easily given this game a 7/10.… Expand
- By user score