6.8

1. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is quite enjoyable free game if you like a game that you have to put time and effort into it.

I have seen comments saying you have to pay real money just to get the good items. Yeah if you want them quickly you do but if you don't mind the grind you can get access to any item in the game with time and effort. So far on the Xbox one This has been one of the only 3 games that i have kept coming back to play so far.
    At first it took me a little while to get into the game but after a few hours i started to enjoy the game.

My Pros and Cons

Pro's
    The game is Free
    I can play the game for hours without being bored.
    You Don't need to buy the good weapons and can obtain every item in the game.
    Loads of weapons and warframes to obtain throughout the game
    You can trade for items you need to build weapons, mods or warframes
    Missions change starting positions and finishing points so it is not the same level over and over again if you replay it (Unless its a Interception or Defence mission).

Con's
    Building Items can take a while e.g. New warframes take 3 days once you have built each item which take 12 hours each.
    Too many Alert missions that give away rare items and can leave you feeling angry when you have grinded to get said item and then becomes pretty much worthless on the trading market.
    You cant trade materials
    It can become repetitive from time to time
  2. Sep 10, 2014
    To start, I have been following and playing Warframe since its early days on PC. I was delighted to see it pop up on my Xbox as a free-to-play game and jumped straight in. I have played several hours of this game (around 30-40+) between PC and Xbox so this review will be thorough. As always, I will do a Pro/Con list below:

Pros: 1) Combat. Fighting in this game feels, exciting. Unlike

Pros:
    1) Combat. Fighting in this game feels, exciting. Unlike other 3rd person shooters where you run from cover to cover, Warframe throws you face first into the fray with ninja flips and swords.
    2) Ship. The new system of having crafting stations and other assorted things on your own personal ship is something you wont get from most F2P games out there. Hell, SWTOR just recently got player homes/ships and that was a massive budget AAA game!
    3) Clans and Dojos. Having different tiers of clan gives the game balance, and having the ability to ally yourself with other clans to challenge large clans makes it a balanced game. In addition to the ship each player has, you may also invest in a clan dojo. This can be as large or small, empty or full, as you can make it. There are dozens of options to choose from and the art in every room is actually quite good. Wanting to make my clans dojo larger and more grandiose is what will keep me coming back to Warframe for a long time. This Pro alone brought my score from a 6 to a 7.
    4) In-game chat. It works! Players can drop in and help you (if your settings allow) and talking occurs smoothly through the game and with no hassle of party chat from Xbox. This is a great feature, since even the $500-million Destiny can't manage it currently.
    5) Universe and Enemies. While the story is a little loose and rough around the edges, the general universe is a fantastic one. With multiple enemy races and factions it does a good job at making the universe come alive. The enemies are also interesting and come in several different forms, from basic melee grunts to officers with armor and large weapons. They provide a modest challenge and can keep even an experienced veteran like myself entertained for hours.

Cons:
    1) The AI. The AI isn't all that intelligent when it comes to battle strategy, but then again, it has come a LONG way from the earliest days of Warframe. Enemies will wonder about confused sometimes and sometimes get stuck on walls and steps, but that is just a reality of the gaming world today. Otherwise, they aren't as bad as some games on the current market.
    2) Level design. This one has been a pet peeve of mine for awhile now, but I'll mention it here anyways. Levels seem regurgitated and copied so often that you have to disengage yourself from them to enjoy game play. Alright, so they aren't THAT bad, but you will notice how many levels look alike and find yourself thinking "Haven't I been here before?"
    3) Plot and Campaign. This is the major weak spot for Warframe in my humble opinion. While the universe is rich and ready to be put to the test, the storytelling always seems to fall flat on its face. The introduction levels give you a decent story line, but after that it all sort of evaporates. Without a good campaign or maybe even a single player only mission campaign Warframe will never rise to the next level. While it is a great 3rd person shooter and lots of fun with unique features, it lacks where it counts here. This single Con is what keeps this score down.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it. I would for sure recommend Warframe if you have an Xbox One or PC. Not only is it FREE, but it will give you several hours of entertainment, and it is an ever-expanding game. Enjoy!

-Monkiman300
  3. Oct 10, 2018
    This game is one of the most diverse free to play games I have ever seen on the Xbox, this game isn't valued enough by other critics. This game you can easily but in hours of game time into. I definitely recommend this game.
  4. Aug 30, 2015
    This is written to counterbalance one of the most idiotic and misinformed "reviews" I have ever seen. @OysterWhisperer , which does not have a single correct statement.
    The game is not "pay to win" since you can literally earn everything in the entire game without paying. You don't have to shed real money for premium currency. You don't get a mission failed right after dying , you get a mission failed when you die after losing all your lives OR when you fail the OBJECTIVE. And the game DOES let you pause, when you play in "Solo" mode.
  5. Oct 4, 2014
    Love this game but as a solo player the going is really tough in places. What I cannot understand is how I seem to be killed and returned to the office so quickly. What has happened to respawn in this game? When I do go as a team member I dont do anything but run round and collect goodies that they have left for me,then its game done collect the prize and back to the office. I admit I amLove this game but as a solo player the going is really tough in places. What I cannot understand is how I seem to be killed and returned to the office so quickly. What has happened to respawn in this game? When I do go as a team member I dont do anything but run round and collect goodies that they have left for me,then its game done collect the prize and back to the office. I admit I am not too hot on the instructions. I think this game is as good if not better than Destiny. The makers of Warframe have a created a fantastic game but there are so many flaws. There is a method in the way one has to buy Platinum to get the best weapons and such,yes the game was free..was it?I am playing on xbox 1 Expand
  6. May 21, 2015
    I've had 143 fun hours to play this game. In those hours i learned not to judge a game by it's rough beginning but by it's smooth and excellent middle. What i'm trying to say is that when i first played this game i hated it. It was a bore. It lagged and stuttered all the time. I then quit for some time and came back about a month ago. It has improved so much the lag is only there whenI've had 143 fun hours to play this game. In those hours i learned not to judge a game by it's rough beginning but by it's smooth and excellent middle. What i'm trying to say is that when i first played this game i hated it. It was a bore. It lagged and stuttered all the time. I then quit for some time and came back about a month ago. It has improved so much the lag is only there when there is multiple enemies firing explosives on the screen and it's not even noticeable. The amount of fun and sociability to be had is tremendous. I've made friend and a clan of over fifty people and we all get along and help each other when possible. The community is great and the game is fun. That is all a game needs to get a great rating out of me but this game did much more. It gave me reasons to keep playing to play the same maps and missions over and over again. It was able to suck me into it's diverse and original world without some gag or gaming cliche. It truly deserves this rating and i hope you agree. Expand
  7. Sep 2, 2014
    The game is not fun, the controls are sluggish, framerate dropped to about 5FPS in one mission. Even though it is free, I see no reason to play more that the two hours I have just played.
  8. Apr 14, 2017
    Okay, Most of the negative reviews here contain false information. The actual grade I would give is an 8 but since there is so much misinformation on here I give a 10.

First of all I started playing this game on the PC. I played actively for about a year and then stopped because the game got boring (did too many TIII content, orokin vaults etc.). After half a year it started itching again to pick up this game. To my surprised there was a lot of new content and the game was fun to play again. Then I got bored again after half a year (which is now combined already more time than I spent in most games). At some point the game released on Xbox and I decided to try again. Again a lot was added (including archwing) and I noticed how well the game played on Xbox compared to most shooters.

Now for some more indepth (now you know how much I have played this game). Everything you can buy in the store can also be bought by grinding so the game is NOT pay to win. Most of the stuff is easy to grind for and does not require you to spend any money. This is not a game where you need to have a mandatory setup of certain weapons/warframes. 90% off all content can be finished with all weapons in game. The last 10 % you maybe need slightly better weapons (obviously the starter Braton MK1 is not going to cut it in end game) but you can still just use the weapons you have fun with. The devs are very active compared to most games. New content is added regularly and there is always something to do. The amount of players is also suprisingly high for a game that has been around this long.

One thing that always keeps me coming back to this game is the combat. It is just feels so right. I've played many shooters on both PC and Console but in the end I always keep coming back to PC because the controls are just so much more accurate. Whereas a lot of shooters feel clunky and the weapons mostly seem boring there are some exceptions (I hate COD, but the weapons always feel right in that game) like Warframe. Aiming works very well (no overexaggerated autoaim like in some games). The guns are extremely customizable, the weapon sounds are just amazing. You can also use the environment to jump around and use it to your advantage. Each warframe is unique and has it's own abilities. Want to play stealthy assasin? You can. Want to play Rambo? You can? Want to play a phsychic mind controlling killer? You can? Want to play with fire? Yes... you can.

The missions vary from exterminate (where you just have to kill everything), spy(where you have to play stealthily and capture an objective), flying missions where you fly around in space and do any neccisary objective, endless wave missions and so on. When you are done clearing all the planets you can continue on to end game material where you can get so called prime warframes and weapons.

There is a lot to do in this game (in contrary to what some people might say here) and if you like it it will probably keep you entertained for a long time. Some of the negative reviews are ofcourse legit complaints, but some just contain lots of misinformation or very old information (which is not relevant anymore since a lot of content has been added since).
  9. Sep 7, 2014
    Micro transaction glitch fest. On the upside; it is free. I really don't care for the game. It isn't a fun game from my perspective. Honestly the gameplay is rather terrible. The game creates no purpose or intrigue, there is no reason to continue playing.

If you're a hardcore space geek that will play any piece of crap that is SciFi then this game is for you.
  10. May 25, 2015
    I believe this game is amazing. I admit that this game requires much grinding and ability to play for long periods of time without distractions or else face losing hours of game time. The graphics, combat, and classes are all great. The story is decent.
  11. Oct 9, 2014
    Warframe on the Xbox is about as good as it gets for Free-to-Play games. Most importantly, the addition of native controller support, obvious since this is a console port, greatly improves the ease of maneuverability for players without the manual dexterity to simultaneously hit all of the keys required for advanced maneuvers in the PC version, which makes the game much more approachable.Warframe on the Xbox is about as good as it gets for Free-to-Play games. Most importantly, the addition of native controller support, obvious since this is a console port, greatly improves the ease of maneuverability for players without the manual dexterity to simultaneously hit all of the keys required for advanced maneuvers in the PC version, which makes the game much more approachable. This game can be intimidating to new and/or solo players, as cooperation makes the missions much easier and aside from the basic control functions, much of the more advanced maneuvering abilities are left to the player to figure out. The repetition of environmental tilesets, though semi-randomized, makes missions seem repetitive at times, which is really apparent when grinding the same levels for materials or equipment blueprints. You can circumvent grinding by buying items with Platinum, Warframe's premium currency, though this can be quite expensive. For example, a single weapon can be priced at 200 Platinum, while the $10 Platinum package only provides you 175 Platinum. With that in mind, every item that affects gameplay (Warframes, weapons, etc.) can be obtained without platinum unlike a majority of other games using the Free-to-Play model. Overall, the originality, flow of action, and customization options that can literally make this game range between a stealthy assassination game and an action packed run-and-gunner, all lend towards drawing players in. I'd highly recommend this game to anyone who has the time and patience to grind for gear, or does not feel bad about spending money on premium currency. Expand
  12. Oct 11, 2014
    I love this game due to it's replay-ability. Some people won't like this game because of the micro transactions but it isn't based on you buying to win. The satisfaction is from earning the parts and making a new weapon or warframe. Sure it can be tedious at times but just getting to your goal feels so good in this game and over that it is for free. You can even get alternative heads forI love this game due to it's replay-ability. Some people won't like this game because of the micro transactions but it isn't based on you buying to win. The satisfaction is from earning the parts and making a new weapon or warframe. Sure it can be tedious at times but just getting to your goal feels so good in this game and over that it is for free. You can even get alternative heads for free in alert missions which is better than paying for a game. The mechanics feel fresh and new and don't seem to ever get old and boring. Killing a Corpus soldier to the Lephantis boss is always fun no matter how many times you do it. The clan system works perfectly. Get blueprints from trading or buying in the market or even getting a clan of 1000 members all working together to get the parts. It is all worth wile. The only thing required for this game is patience and a lot of it. Building a warframe takes 3 days without rushing but it sounds long but goes by so fast in this game. If you love working together or even going solo, a game with lots of replay-ability then this game is worth a download. It's free so just try it for a day. I would recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  13. Sep 21, 2014
    I'd rate this game much lower if it costed any money, but it's free so I'll give it something.
    ...
    Good: -Very cool to be able to walk around your spaceship when in orbit. -Kinda fun to hack through space-bad-guys with katanas, staffs and space-guns. Bad: -Space guns and katanas get boring pretty quick. -So unbelievably lame, I couldn't even tell if this game was supposed to be
    ...

Good:
    -Very cool to be able to walk around your spaceship when in orbit.
    -Kinda fun to hack through space-bad-guys with katanas, staffs and space-guns.

Bad:
    -Space guns and katanas get boring pretty quick.
    -So unbelievably lame, I couldn't even tell if this game was supposed to be funny or serious
  14. Sep 16, 2014
    I think for free game on the Xbox one it deserves even higher than an 8..BUT reading the fourms and noticing my self the game is EXTREMLY difficult. Playing 10 levels above the mission requirment level ive seen high players still getting smahed. From what I read from the forums they are making the game harder every update. (clearly trying to get you to die more to buy platinum) Thats not aI think for free game on the Xbox one it deserves even higher than an 8..BUT reading the fourms and noticing my self the game is EXTREMLY difficult. Playing 10 levels above the mission requirment level ive seen high players still getting smahed. From what I read from the forums they are making the game harder every update. (clearly trying to get you to die more to buy platinum) Thats not a good thing at all. I believe this game has a ton of potential and honestly because of it im holding off on destiny..... But so far the game is pretty fun and I love all the customizations Expand
  15. Jun 1, 2016
    I want to get this game but I am not sure how good it is. It takes up alot of space. Is the gameplay good. What does this game offer and how is the replay value on this game.
  16. Jul 13, 2017
    Hey everyone it's your boy Captain here, to give my review for Warframe, a 3rd person, sci-fi action game, with light rpg elements, plenty of content, crafting, gathering and upgrading, and perhaps the worst case of "missed leg day at the gym syndrome" in gaming.

You play as a Tenno, an "operator" of Warframes, awoken for some "mysterious reason" and brought back to kill, slice and blast your way through all things "spacey an evil" in the galaxy.

The good: The game looks good, has really fun, and intuitive movement and combat, doesn't require you to buy anything that can actually kill other things to have fun, offers tons of content for a free game, and is a true blasty-blast with your friends once you know what the heck you're doing. Oh yeah....it's also free.

The bad: This thing will drop in frames worse than an EDM dj dropping bass when the action gets crazy on screen (which happens often), there are a lot of systems within the game to learn, and figure out, which was a plus for me, but I can see why others would be turned off by this, mission can be a bit repetitive, and most (but not all) enemies are basically dumb fleshy piƱatas you can mow through by the dozens with no sense of self value. The crafting is a bit of a grind but once you get the hang of it, is not so bad once you understand it.

If you like swords, guns, john-woo movies, holy crap I have a space dog, shotgun, and a 2 handed great hammer in space. This game is AWESOME, but far from perfect. Give it a try. You wont regret the smile that comes across your face when your nunchucks beat down 30 enemies in about 5 seconds.
  17. Sep 6, 2014
    A fun game if you get past the first few hours, once you've adapted to the game and how it works you will probably find yourself having a lot of fun. Of course this game is better with friends, but it works well enough with random players found through matchmaking. I wouldn't recommend playing this solo as the difficulty spike is all over the place depending on the mission types andA fun game if you get past the first few hours, once you've adapted to the game and how it works you will probably find yourself having a lot of fun. Of course this game is better with friends, but it works well enough with random players found through matchmaking. I wouldn't recommend playing this solo as the difficulty spike is all over the place depending on the mission types and enemies you're going up against in that mission. Expand
  18. Jul 13, 2018
    Don't be fooled by the fanboys (I used to be one). This game is Free-To-Grind, not Free-to-Play. It is a well disguised money pit. Every aspect of this game is designed to irritate players and drive them into MTX purchases, although there's nothing small about Warframes "Micro-transactions".

Let me say first, that Warframe just as a game was phenomenal. An outstanding game. Warframe as a business model to make money is disgustingly greedy. I played this game from 2014 - 2017. The first 2 years were amazing. Then DE was bought by the Chinese and its gone downhill ever since.

Literally every update since they sold out, every step, every iteration has only increased the grind and the cheap tactics DE uses to empty your wallet. You must have Platinum (the games premium currency bought with real $) to play this game, anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.

More Warframes = more slots needed = $$$
    Weapons need Orokin Catalysts to be fully maxed = $$$ ($1.50 per weapon- 3 weapons per loadout)
    Warframes need Orokin Reactors to be maxed out = $$$ ($1.50 per warframe)
    Change your Warframes color? $$$ ($5 per color palette)
    Add cosmetics/armor? $$$ (can range between $10-$30 real money!)
    Decorate your ship? $$$
    Customize the operator? $$$
    Want a rug for your animal companion? $$$
    Change animal companion colors? $$$
    Companion armor? $$$
    Sentinel (robot companion) customization? $$$
    (Admittedly cool looking) "Delux" character skins? $10-$20
    Weapon skins? $$$
    Affinity (xp) Boosters = $$$
    Credit Boosters = $$$ LOL! Get more in game money by draining your real wallet xD

Virtually NONE of what is listed above is available through gameplay (they offer cosmetic helmets from time to time and THATS IT).

That's assuming you're willing to grind your butt off for weapons and warframes. Want to skip that grind?

Prime Access = $80
    Prime Accessories = $60
    Warframes (characters/classes) = $5-$15
    Weapons? $5-$10

Moderators, on both the chat channel and on their forums are abusive beyond belief. Often politically motivated when they ban people, they have no problem slinging accusations/libel AT THEIR OWN FANS, while banning people they claim are doing that very thing.

They're also locking forum threads that are even slightly critical of Warframe. Bungie has thicker skin than these guys. Also, if your game glitches during trading, they may lock your account and KEEP the Platinum you've purchased. It happens to people so beware (the devs are snakes).

Devs also like to wine and dine Youtubers for free marketing. Just FYI (ever notice all the glowing praise for Warframe lately? Yeah, there's a reason for that...)

This game isn't just a monumental time sink. It isn't just the grindiest game on the market. It is the most shockingly greedy money pit disguised as a game I have ever seen. EA/Activision/Bungie aren't allowed to get away with this; why is Warframe any different?

Time and money are better spent elsewhere. I wish I could get both back from this greedy dev.
  19. Feb 7, 2015
    I understand this is a free to play game, but there has never, in the history of video games, been a clearer example of "Pay to win". You can literally do NOTHING unless you pay an absolute fortune or real money, so much so that it would be far cheaper just to buy a normal game. also, mission failure for one death when there is no pause function accompanied with no pause function is worthyI understand this is a free to play game, but there has never, in the history of video games, been a clearer example of "Pay to win". You can literally do NOTHING unless you pay an absolute fortune or real money, so much so that it would be far cheaper just to buy a normal game. also, mission failure for one death when there is no pause function accompanied with no pause function is worthy enough for no one to ever play this game unless you, quite literally live in an environment in which there is absolutely nothing in any possible fathom that could ever interrupt you, EVER; Including batteries dying. IF you are unlucky enough to live on Earth, then be prepared to lose countless hours or progress because you spilled a drink, or are sitting funny or absolutely anything that requires you to take your eyes off this game for more than 2 seconds. Expand
  20. Sep 3, 2014
    Lets be honest its free and you don't ever have to pay because you can access all the stuff you want if you spend enough time playing it.

If I paid 60 bucks I would be disappointed, but I didn't so I am having fun shooting endless hordes of aliens until Destiny comes out. IF YOU PLAY IT: Choose characters wisely and try out all the weapons on the tables because once you choose, it

IF YOU PLAY IT:
    Choose characters wisely and try out all the weapons on the tables because once you choose, it will be a while until you can buy other stuff.

btw you buy blueprints and then build everything with components. This was not made clear to me...
  21. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is a representation we need to see more of....free games! Now if this game wasn't so..free, It'd probably be a 4.5/10 at best but thanks to it being so...free, I've bumped it up to a 6/10.
  22. Jul 14, 2018
    Came back after walking away for about 6 months. I think they're making the game harder to push MTX's. Either that or they genuinely have no clue how to balance this absurdly complicated game. Can't tell any more. The same problems from release are still problems today. Damage, armor scaling, worst rng on the planet, greedy MTX's, power creep, releasing new content and abandoning/refusingCame back after walking away for about 6 months. I think they're making the game harder to push MTX's. Either that or they genuinely have no clue how to balance this absurdly complicated game. Can't tell any more. The same problems from release are still problems today. Damage, armor scaling, worst rng on the planet, greedy MTX's, power creep, releasing new content and abandoning/refusing to fix old content, non-existent balance, non-existent end game.

If this game were a car, it would have the exterior of a Ferrari and the interior of an abused Gremlin with duct tape everywhere and dirty clothes sticking to the roof. Youtubers recently posted video of being wined, dined and receiving free gifts from DE in exchange for all the "Warframe is amazing!" videos. Mystery solved ;)

Sneaky snakes, these devs at Digital Extremes. Moderators are bridge trolls, I won't even go into the damage they're doing to their own brand right now.

New quest sucks. Takes place in common levels/tile sets that players have already seen a million times. Once again, they force players to use that wonderful (re: awful) Operator combat. Pew pew pew with your crappy wrist laser (better fight that stupid- er I mean amazing Eidolon boss... that barely 1% of players even have the achievement for). And be careful, don't get stagger locked! Just kidding, you will absolutely get stagger locked. Because enemy encounters and overall game design was, is and continues to be absolute trash.

What do I know? Those YouTubers, their opinions aren't compromised by free gifts or anything...

0 out of 10 because I cannot give it an F-

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Nov 8, 2014
    An utterly inoffensive third-person shooter. [Issue#117, p.83]
  2. Oct 21, 2014
    Our time with the game has in no way been brief, yet so much remains to be explored. Community events, an evolving storyline, clans, and the sheer number of missions and locations will keep us returning to this space opera on a regular basis for months, maybe even years to come.
  3. A bit broken, quite derivative and short on narrative appeal - but rich with customisation possibilities and enjoyable at the level of the firefight.