2.1

1. Jul 26, 2019
    Thank you Bethesda. I love microtransactions in games. 2500 gold bars = 20 real dollars. For 20$ you can buy Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, A Plague Tale. Thank you for breaking the game stupid RPG items.
  2. Jul 26, 2019
    WTF? They turned a FPS game into some RPG hybrid abomination with predatory micro transactions...???!!!! What the HELL were they thinking? There are also a lot of glitches and bugs... avoid this trash game like the plague.
  3. Jul 30, 2019
    This is NOT New Order, Old Blood, or New Colossus. It feels like an entirely different game with Wolfenstein skin. The weapons arent impact-ful, dont feel heavy when they fire. Its like Im shooting a rock or wall when I hit enemies. When the gun play was one of the best parts of the other games. The combat just feels hollow. Like I might as well knife every enemy.

Also...where the hell

Also...where the hell is the pause button. I gotta get my coffee, take a poo, feed my cats. I gotta hope that I run back through the level, far enough, that I dont get killed. For god sake, what kind of game doesnt have a pause button!?

The story, within the first 15 minutes felt disjointed and scattered and kinda cookie cutter. I get into game and I feel like Im racing to get currency to unlock things. It didnt feel like I was trying to find out what was happening to the characters...at all. I've been waiting for this game for nearly a year now, I suppose my expectations were too high. This is not Wolfenstein. As other reviews stated, its a looter shooter. A big, shallow ocean...the most hours of game play but everything else is 1 inch deep.
  4. Aug 3, 2019
    Negatives: Single player is unplayable - just one big mission to keep your AI partner alive. Boss fights are almost impossible in Single player mode. Lack of checkpoints are frustrating as hell to say the least - just running through everything at this point. Can't pause the game. Enemies are bullet sponges. Bullet/shield switching system is frustrating and unintuitive. Matchmaking isNegatives: Single player is unplayable - just one big mission to keep your AI partner alive. Boss fights are almost impossible in Single player mode. Lack of checkpoints are frustrating as hell to say the least - just running through everything at this point. Can't pause the game. Enemies are bullet sponges. Bullet/shield switching system is frustrating and unintuitive. Matchmaking is horrible.

Positive. Game looks good. Character feels good to play.
  5. Aug 1, 2019
    I hate to say this but what a terrible game. I've been buying Wolfenstein games for 25+ years and this is the first I've completely regretted purchasing (though I also didn't love New Colossus). One thing I'll say upfront is that I didn't mind the sisters that much. I know a lot of people hate their characterizations and dialog. I really don't care about that, as I was simply happy to seeI hate to say this but what a terrible game. I've been buying Wolfenstein games for 25+ years and this is the first I've completely regretted purchasing (though I also didn't love New Colossus). One thing I'll say upfront is that I didn't mind the sisters that much. I know a lot of people hate their characterizations and dialog. I really don't care about that, as I was simply happy to see that this game included more gameplay than the cut-scene-fest that was New Colossus. I also never really ran into any situations where I felt a need to even look at the available micro-transactions, though it's very clear that the game limits ammo, checkpoints, etc. in such a way that purchasing gold bars could be beneficial for players who get in a bind (which is a huge negative despite me not personally running into it).

EDIT (08/01/2019): Micro-transactions associated with in-game boosters (ammo, armor, etc.) seem to have been removed at some point, which I did not realize. I'm fairly certain they were present at launch and patched out shortly after.

For me, rather, the big negatives for this game include the insanely repetitive mission design (which attempts to gloss over the smallness of the hub levels), the spongy enemies, and far and away my biggest complaint - the wildly incompetent AI that the non-played sister displays if you don't have a real co-op partner. Combined with lack of checkpoints, I more than once lost 20+ minutes of gameplay because the AI sister would simply stand in the middle (or corner) of a boss arena and take maximum punishment. Most of the bosses I could handle easily enough myself but a couple of times on initially trying a boss (and not knowing the pattern the boss would follow) I did bite the dust. Very infuriating to have to completely restart a level. Would be less so if the game wasn't so repetitive, I suppose.

EDIT (08/01/2019): I wanted to clarify that I have no problem with a game not having checkpoints. I recognize the argument that I simply need to get good at the game. What I DO have a problem with is when I die (with no checkpoints) primarily because the AI implemented by the development team is not properly functional.

Additionally to all that, I disliked that when hosting a public match players who were nowhere near the same level as me could jump into the game. The loading screen tips like to say that your co-op partners level / combat experience is specific to them but I have no idea how that's supposed to work. It didn't seem to carry over into level-specific missions, as I more than once had to kick a Level 1 player out of a 20+ level mission because they had no idea what was going on and/or just got wiped immediately. Additionally, the Buddy Pass (on XBOX) is a total joke. In order to invite someone, you have to invite them in-game and then they have to download the free trial version of the game. There is no mention of 'buddy pass' anywhere, which is very confusing when you are a) trying to verify you are using a buddy pass and b) explain that the free trial IS the buddy pass version (when explaining it to your buddy who is also confused about what's going on).

In all, this game is a total cluster. Avoid this trash and hope (like I am) that Wolfenstein gets handed off to a new developer for future games, assuming this abortion didn't just completely tank the franchise as a whole.
  6. Aug 4, 2019
    I love the Wolfenstein Games. So this was especially heartbreaking for me when I started to play. They ripped out everything that was great about there predecessors. The game barley has a story and cut scenes, the main antagonists are really bad and not like able. I could go on and on. The only good thing about the game is I enjoyed all the weapons and customizations you can do. Other thanI love the Wolfenstein Games. So this was especially heartbreaking for me when I started to play. They ripped out everything that was great about there predecessors. The game barley has a story and cut scenes, the main antagonists are really bad and not like able. I could go on and on. The only good thing about the game is I enjoyed all the weapons and customizations you can do. Other than that I hope the series goes back to its single player story driven experience. The game has No heart. Expand
  7. Aug 2, 2019
    It just a looter shooter cash grab. I just wanted a continuation of the last story. I feel kinda betrayed
  8. Jan 4, 2020
    I can't believe it that i ended this game. This game is a rubbish, don't waste your time, everything is wrong.
    The level system, come on lads we just want to give some shots and have fun, you may struggle in some missions because the level system, but the game is easy.
    The SJW **** yes lads you play with two feminist girls that I'm almost certainly that are lesbians. The game is
    The game is extremely repetitive, kill X enemy, kil Y enemy in the stronghold, take the underground.
    The locations are EXTREMELY repetitive too, you cross the same paths a million of times and this makes you bored.
    The only positive thing of this game is the final boss battle that is kinda good.
    This game needs a reboot, again.
  9. Jan 10, 2020
    Simply destroys franchise, great FPS turning to RPG, if I wanted RPG I would buy Fallout, stupid story... Just awful, big stain on Wolfenstein name, and so great franchise has been destroyed...
  10. Feb 10, 2020
    Um dos piores jogos que ja joguei na minha vida inteira, parabéns pelo fracasso
  11. Jul 28, 2019
    The final boss is completely broken on single player. Bethesda, you retards, we didn’t want a co-op shooter. The morons who made this and New Colossus need to be fired.
  12. Jul 29, 2019
    Filled to the brim with microtransactions no story and shallow gameplay i used to love this series now i hate it
  13. Jul 29, 2019
    You can't access the Deluxe Pack, Classic Pack, or online co-op without creating a secondary account. The only account I should need on Xbox is the Xbox account I bought the bloody game with. Last Bethesda game I buy until this stops.

Second, the idiot AI that can't be disabled ruins the game. It's even worse than RE5. The stupid whore will just stand there and watch you die sometimes when there isn't even anything shooting her. It's ridiculously bad.

Plus, the game has glitched achievements, and it appears a couple of the tutorials can be permanently missed because you can't get back to the area. The enemies are also bullet sponges even on normal, and there's entirely too many worthless collectibles, too much repeating the same areas, etc. It's a lousy entry overall.
  14. Aug 2, 2019
    Tedious and annoying gameplay, cringe-worthy dialog, and extremely poor design choices make this game unbearable. I got it free with a video card purchase and I still want a refund. Refund all the time I spent playing this pile of garbage. Don't even play it if it's free.
  15. Jul 31, 2019
    Mcrotransactions, poorly written story, bad characters and sjw pandering.

I used to like the series but now I hate it.
  16. Aug 3, 2019
    This game is a failure! A first person shooter is not a 2 person shooter! Previous versoins gave me the possibliity to sneak up on the enemy with my sniper and finish them off wihout them seeing me! And I could take all the time I need! Now my sister asks me whether I will play on or not, because she is bored! When I look too much at my tab info: the same! I don't like the concept of 2This game is a failure! A first person shooter is not a 2 person shooter! Previous versoins gave me the possibliity to sneak up on the enemy with my sniper and finish them off wihout them seeing me! And I could take all the time I need! Now my sister asks me whether I will play on or not, because she is bored! When I look too much at my tab info: the same! I don't like the concept of 2 persons of which one is a digital version that runs in your way, runs into the enemy, runs in your sight, actually simply exisis! Also to be obliged to play as a girl is stupid! I am a man and I want to play like a man! I miss Blascowicz! It might have been fun if you could choose for a boy alone or in the Deluxe version for a male twin. That would solve it a lot, but no! An amateur game programmer had the luminous idea to start playing girly! The story is simply boring and the same of what it was and the enemy is almost immune to your bullets while the magazine of your guns is too small! At least it feels that way! A nice headshot that finishes the enemy off (even a normal soldier) is rare, even in Easy Mode. i hope next version will give the possibilities back. I don't mind if it's gonna be the son of Blasco, but please, let a man be a man (certainly when using guns) and let me play alone again! Expand
  17. Aug 2, 2019
    The gameplay is bad enough, but I couldn't stand any of the characters. Especially the two sisters because the cringe is worse than anything I've ever experienced. I have a brother and a sister, and playing wolfen-cringe was too much for me. The only explanation is that both sisters are brain damaged from when their mom was six months pregnant fighting on the front lines.
  18. Jul 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game itself is somewhat enjoyable, but has thinly veiled political jabs including insinuating anyone who doesn't believe in man made climate change or anyone who agrees with President Trump is a nazi, and in this game nazis are shot. Expand
  19. Jul 28, 2019
    You have 0 because of that sh|t
  20. Aug 27, 2019
    Save you money and don't get this, bugs bugs and more bugs, and talk about frustrating to play with no check points or saves unless you complete the mission. I have waited my time with this game and can truly say this is the worst game that i have ever bought or played, stay away from this so called game!
  21. Aug 14, 2019
    God awful piece of trash that by far does not deserve the word Wolfenstein in its name...

I don't know why on God God green Earth Bethesda put microtransactions in this game
  22. Sep 18, 2019
    Continuing the terrible story, characters and game design from New Colossus, it looks like a franchise the publisher knows is dead but is trying to milk one last cash grab from before the fumes they've been coasting on since the first two games of the reboot dry up.
    Everyone should just walk away from this dumpster fire, the publisher already has. Way to go Bethesda, you took one of the greatest surprise resurrections of a proud old franchise (New Order/Old Blood) and within two iterations buried it for good with your preachy, poorly designed, boring, money grab.
  23. Jan 24, 2020
    Dans le fond et avec un peu d'indulgence, ce nouveau Wolfenstein avec les deux fifilles à leur papounet est tout-à-fait présentable et plus "léger" dans son approche, moins sérieux, presque une sorte... de comédie. D'ailleurs, peut-être auraient-ils dû forcer davantage dans cette direction ; on voit bien qu'ils ont hésité plus ou moins regulièrement (il suffit de voir les séquences dansDans le fond et avec un peu d'indulgence, ce nouveau Wolfenstein avec les deux fifilles à leur papounet est tout-à-fait présentable et plus "léger" dans son approche, moins sérieux, presque une sorte... de comédie. D'ailleurs, peut-être auraient-ils dû forcer davantage dans cette direction ; on voit bien qu'ils ont hésité plus ou moins regulièrement (il suffit de voir les séquences dans les ascenseurs !).

Immatures et plutôt bêbêtes les jumelles en tout cas, carrément bourrines et ultra-violentes : elles tiennent de leur père, assurément ! alors comme dans les deux précédents mais surtout le précédent (Wolf II Colossus truc) on sent encore la propagande SJW de gauche, ici fortement haineuse dans les actes et les discours, d'autant plus irascible qu'elle ne veut pas vivre ensemble avec les Nazis !

ça manque donc de tolérance, de dignité, de pupitre-hommage, de fleurs et de bougies comme on fait chez nous en France... et cette haine rageuse haineuse est tout au premier degré et en met partout, montrant les crocs dans les cinématiques (bien plus rares qu'avant, heureusement) et quelques dialogues imbéciles.

Mais ce n'est le plus gros souci de ce Wolf pensé pour le coop kikoolol mais qu'on peut faire en solo (avec l'IA). Non, son plus gros souci tient dans un gros sac de soucis plus ou moins merdiques comme la disaprition de la sauvegarde manuelle par exemple ! en outre, les sauvegardes automatiques sont très espacées et très mal placées...

L'approche furtive qui était assez praticable dans le Wolf précédent, on peut l'oublier ici : elle est loupée, complètement loupée et même les niveaux eux-mêmes sont baucoup moins propices à toute tentative d'infiltration. Il paraît qu'à cet effet, Arkane Studios s'y est collé pour le "level design"... mais on se demande ce qu'ils ont foutu. En fait, rien...!

Les ennemis sont des éponges à bastos comme on en a rarement vu et ça ne fait qu'empirer jusqu'à la fin, une "fin" qui en fait et rajoute encore des tonnes... dans les boss relous à 36 couches de blindage. Deutsche qualität d'accord mais quand même ! tu nous les casses à mort, là. Sans parler des compétences à débloquer... pfff !

Enfin et défaut non négligeable, la confusion des combats (enragés) est particulièrement merdique et bordélique comme c'est pas permis de l'être : trop d'effets, de particules et de flammes pour faire le beau, dans tous les sens, ce qui entraîne des chutes de framerate assez regrettables, qui surajoutent encore au foutoir ambiant.

Ce sang neuf est donc daubé jusqu'au trognon, dommage pour nos petites pétasses qui voulaient en découdre ! et avaient rangé la boîte à couture.
  24. Jan 16, 2020
    why this game is "wolfenstein" disrespect for WOLFENSTEIN games just say everything is terrible but cutscene not bad
  25. Mar 24, 2020
    Where the new order, old blood, and new colossus tell a captivating story with interesting characters, diverse environments, and the ability to kill nazis with impunity, Youngblood tells a very different story, the story of please give us more money, please, just a little, I know you bought the enhanced edition but please just a little bit more. In what is likely another attempt byWhere the new order, old blood, and new colossus tell a captivating story with interesting characters, diverse environments, and the ability to kill nazis with impunity, Youngblood tells a very different story, the story of please give us more money, please, just a little, I know you bought the enhanced edition but please just a little bit more. In what is likely another attempt by Bethesda to reap maximum reward with minimum effort a bland story with uninspired and frankly annoying characters takes center stage while everything else suffers, just don't buy it unless you're willing to spend money to play the classic wolfenstein emulated in an in game arcade machine, though it is arguably a better experience than the main game. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Oct 13, 2019
    As a budget, somewhat unambitious retooling of the Wolfenstein engine, Youngblood offers impactful shootouts that showcase some truly brilliant guns. Yet by aiming for co-op grind, this offshoot loses the charm of BJ’s blasters. A slight misfire, then, but the sisterly slaughter on display still has its moments. [Issue#181, p.75]
  2. Aug 23, 2019
    The story brings a satisfying conclusion, and there are plenty of Nazis to kill once more, which in turn makes for another enjoyable Wolfenstein experience.
  3. Aug 13, 2019
    In the end, Youngblood is a budget priced spinoff that works in the gameplay department just like the previous games, but lacks in a lot of other areas. I would suggest it to players that have a co-op partner to play with and with the Deluxe Edition, a co-op pass code is available. Even then, players may find themselves burned out on this one much faster than the mainline games that came before it.