5.5

1. Apr 21, 2019
    World War Z has an amazing presentation of creating terror in the visual and sound design. Zombies galore and action to the max create a very immersive experience. It feels very much like the Left 4 Dead for those that have played that franchise. It's different than that but my days playing that series definitely came back from time to time which definitely isn't a bad memory to have, butWorld War Z has an amazing presentation of creating terror in the visual and sound design. Zombies galore and action to the max create a very immersive experience. It feels very much like the Left 4 Dead for those that have played that franchise. It's different than that but my days playing that series definitely came back from time to time which definitely isn't a bad memory to have, but there's far more going on here than in that series. I was satisfied and excited immediately because it really makes you feel "present" in the world of World War Z. The weapons are very satisfying destroying the hordes and even that much greater playing with 4 players because it makes it an all out satisfying zombie fest. The enemies are varied as well as many, along with best practices to use to defeat the different enemies and hordes. In terms of the campaign it's not as long as I hoped as I had so much fun, but if you’re playing with friends then this won’t pose much of a problem for you because each level is a rush and will satisfy any zombie hunters thirst for victory. There were a few glitches here and there, however the technical accomplishments quickly diminished any of my concerns with what they were able to accomplish technically with World War Z. If you’re a fan of zombie games or the genre in general then World War Z is an absolute must buy because it puts you in a position where teamwork is critical and tactical while retaining the fun in that formula. I'm quite excited for updates or DLCs to come to the game and can't wait to see what the developers have up their sleeve next. So with that said even if you aren't a huge Zombie fan, you just might be surprised by the technical feat that World War Z has to offer. Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2019
    World war z is a wild game in a good sense of the word.Board a good coop game,I did not play.Everything is here for a good time.Multiplayer top guns a lot.The graphics and music of course harcout,but it's not peshay enjoy the game.In General I advise everyone!
  3. May 31, 2019
    It doesn’t have the spark that Left 4 Dead had or the customization Killing Floor 2 had, but that didn’t stop me from having fun with the game. At a budget price, it’s a fine game that Left 4 Dead fans can have some good fun in, and seeing the hoard mechanics in play is something to behold. If you have three friends that are looking for a co-op game to plow through, you’ll find a fun onIt doesn’t have the spark that Left 4 Dead had or the customization Killing Floor 2 had, but that didn’t stop me from having fun with the game. At a budget price, it’s a fine game that Left 4 Dead fans can have some good fun in, and seeing the hoard mechanics in play is something to behold. If you have three friends that are looking for a co-op game to plow through, you’ll find a fun on here even with the issues that it presents currently 4K is amazing . Expand
  4. Apr 20, 2019
    If you grew up or were playing games during the era of the 6th console generation & had a console or PC, you played Left 4 Dead 1 and/or 2. If you actively played, you remember many nights spent chilling with friends, whether they were online or within punching distance, shooting zombies, freaking out, stealing medkits from one another, and making that one jump off the roof in No Mercy toIf you grew up or were playing games during the era of the 6th console generation & had a console or PC, you played Left 4 Dead 1 and/or 2. If you actively played, you remember many nights spent chilling with friends, whether they were online or within punching distance, shooting zombies, freaking out, stealing medkits from one another, and making that one jump off the roof in No Mercy to skip that entire part. Left 4 Dead was a game that, even though you were playing through literally the same levels every time, felt fun & new. This is exactly how World War Z played & felt. The entire time I was playing this game, I felt as though I was back on the couch with my friends just screwing around and shooting hordes of zombies. World War Z gives you that same tension as you're low on health, everyone's out of medkits and your next down is your final one. You get that exact feeling when you get to a checkpoint & find all the supplies you'll ever need all bunched up together and just a few moments to breathe just before another horde comes & attacks you. It's been 10 years since we've had a new Left 4 Dead game, and I think Saber Interactive perfectly formed this game & dropped it into the void of Left 4 Dead 3 perfectly. Pick this game up, regardless if it's on sale. With or without your best mates, you'll surely make some new friends & new memories playing this game. Expand
  5. Apr 16, 2019
    The game looks and feels great! Hordes of zombies are amaizing. Playing coop with friends is really fun!!!
  6. Apr 16, 2019
    Great game, definitely potential for being even better than L4D. More guns, better graphics, MORE zombies!, levels are designed well, XP progression system, and 5 difficulties. Probably can sink hundreds of hours in this game.
  7. Apr 16, 2019
    The L4D2 spiritual successor I'd long forgotten I was dying for!
    I took a chance on a developer I hadn't heard of after watching plenty of gameplay and I am very impressed. WWZ has interesting characters and classes, beautiful visuals and level design and a great deal of content. It handles beautifully well, perhaps the smoothest gameplay in the genre.
    I will now be hooked to this game
    The L4D2 spiritual successor I'd long forgotten I was dying for!
    I will now be hooked to this game for the foreseeable future - goodbye normal world!
  8. Apr 17, 2019
    This is Left 4 Dead but on steroids, immediately people will compare this game to L4D and wonder if its a knock off? No, not only is WWZ a great game it is better than L4D in almost every catagory. If you want zombies you get them with hundreds of the dead swarming you. There is a feeling of excitement when you see 500 zombies rushing you at once, then climbing over each other to get toThis is Left 4 Dead but on steroids, immediately people will compare this game to L4D and wonder if its a knock off? No, not only is WWZ a great game it is better than L4D in almost every catagory. If you want zombies you get them with hundreds of the dead swarming you. There is a feeling of excitement when you see 500 zombies rushing you at once, then climbing over each other to get to you. WWZ also gives you character backstories for i believe 16 characters. As well as player and weapon progression. Thats just the campaign, WWZ also offers 5 pvpve multiplayer modes that also has a progression system separate from the campaign. For a AA release i would say this game has launched in a better state then most AAA games and has just enough content to keep you coming back for more until they release more content. Expand
  9. Apr 16, 2019
    Great game. Killing zombies is a very rewarding feeling, and the dismemberment system is great!
  10. Apr 16, 2019
    Awesome game, it’s the successor of left 4 dead 2, maybe there’s a lot that they copied, but valve it’s not currently working on a new left 4 dead so we have this awesome game
  11. Apr 17, 2019
    This is the best coop game since LFD!!! Play with your friends on at least 4 stars difficulty for true experience! huge maps, great challenge (on 4 stars), supportive narrative, beautiful characters, deep and useful progression and upgrades system, massive replayability, best gunfire experience ever, millions of zombies
  12. Apr 18, 2019
    This is Left 4 Dead 3 as far as I'm concerned. There are a total of 11 levels. I played the first 2 levels and thought it was ok. However, the more I played through the campaign, the more impressive this game becomes. The level design is amazing and the the numerous zombies on screen really make this game stand out. There are literally thousands of zombies on screen coming after youThis is Left 4 Dead 3 as far as I'm concerned. There are a total of 11 levels. I played the first 2 levels and thought it was ok. However, the more I played through the campaign, the more impressive this game becomes. The level design is amazing and the the numerous zombies on screen really make this game stand out. There are literally thousands of zombies on screen coming after you and it really is quite fun to mow them all down. I can see myself playing this game on all 5 difficulties. The only negative is 30 FPS on consoles. If it was 60 FPS, this game would have received a 10 from me. Expand
  13. Apr 22, 2019
    This game is INCOMPLETE. This game frustrates the **** out of me. I WASTE MY TIME ON THIS GAME DUE TO CRASHES AND ISSUES. I waste 45m game sessions for the following:

-Crashing at any point of the game and receive NO EXP from your gameplay. Waste 30m-1h -Getting stuck at a place where you can’t get out Further issues that needs attention -NPC is stuck and doesn’t let you fulfill

-Getting stuck at a place where you can’t get out

Further issues that needs attention
    -NPC is stuck and doesn’t let you fulfill mission
    -Music loops in the lobby
    -Victory ending overlaps with dialogue
    -Need details to explain equipments such as masking gas and frag grenade (Radius? Damage? Effect??)
    -Needs to make stim pistol easier to aim at players
    -Needs to make med kit easier to aim at players
    -Unable to join a game (I would have to troubleshoot)
    -And other glitches out there too many to name...

This game is a ****ing copy and paste of L4D2. They did not audit this game enough. I have only played for about 12 hours game total and this is what I find?? Fix these frustrating issues and I will reconsider giving it a rating of 6+.
  14. Apr 24, 2019
    Boring, buggy and glitchy... what a waste of money! This is one of the worst games I've ever played in my life, avoid it or you will regret your purchase. The game is just not fun at all.
  15. Apr 3, 2020
    Un jeu davantage triple Z que triple A puisqu'il est inspiré du film très nazzze du même nom, un nanarzzz épouvantable avec Brad Pitre d'ailleurs, l'acteur étant en général fort peu regardant sur les conneries et sous-conneries qu'il peut tourner, du moment qu'on le paye !

Cela dit, ce serait sans doute aller un peu vite en besogne, car ce jeu opportuniste de dégommage de zzzombis bénéficie d'une jolie réalisation qui n'est pas sans évoquer une Division (par zéro) ou l'autre, toutes proportions gardées bien entendu et toutes choses restant égales par ailleurs...

Comparé aux MMO d'Ubisoft, les usines bien connues à crever-farmer la gueule ouverte des gros crevards de sacs à points de vie, ce WWZZZ se cantonne à un grind plus mesuré en petit comité et en mode triple K (Koop Kevin Kikoolol) plus décontracté via des "scénarios" bien scriptés de partout et forcément bien cons. On peut d'ailleurs faire ces merdes en solo avec les 3 autres clampins contrôlés par l'IA...

On se rend compte que c'est rapidement aussi nazzze que ça en a l'air, car tout manque ici cruellement d'envergure : les effets sonores sont carrément minables, les armes sont molles, les sensations sont absentes... Les zombis sont certes très nombreux mais trop rapides pour des zombis... et les "objectifs" se révèlent très vite aussi barbants que répétitifs !

Trop limité, trop opportuniste, trop occupé et préoccupé par l'audience, la cible des kévins potentiels en quête de kévineries à jouer ensemble entre golmons kévineux, trop obsédé par le fric potentiel, le jeu en a oublié l'essentiel et a loupé définitivement le coche !
  16. Aug 14, 2019
    Eh. What can I really say about this game? A lot of the environments are really cool and mowing down hordes of zombies is a blast. It feels kind of like a third person Left 4 Dead. And it’ll scratch that L4D itch from time to time, but as I kept playing I realized how dated that style of game felt to me. Much like L4D, this game is best when you play with friends, but that’s the ONLY timeEh. What can I really say about this game? A lot of the environments are really cool and mowing down hordes of zombies is a blast. It feels kind of like a third person Left 4 Dead. And it’ll scratch that L4D itch from time to time, but as I kept playing I realized how dated that style of game felt to me. Much like L4D, this game is best when you play with friends, but that’s the ONLY time it’s really all that fun. Playing on your own is such a hollow experience. The characters are bland. The gun play feels choppy and the animations are cartoonish. There’s also a half assed multiplayer component to this game. It’s just a simple team death match where about twice in each game a horde of zombies with run a train through the map. It feels so odd and out of place. Expand
  17. Oct 7, 2019
    I bought this game because I heard it was similar to Left for Dead. This is game is just a generic zombie game that is using the World War Z title to grab more people to buy it. Something else that surprised me was that there was barely anything to do in the game. Just shoot zombies and that’s it. This game was extremely disappointing, don’t support this game. 2/10
  18. Nov 6, 2019
    Excellent co-op experience - challenging and rewarding. On higher difficulties the game is intense and demands coordination. Lots of weapons, upgrades, and skills to unlock.
  19. Jan 26, 2020
    Boring cheap Left4Dead ripoff. On Xbox you also get bad aiming and clunky controls.
  20. JPK
    Jul 8, 2019
    Pretty Good
    World War Z is about on par with the 2013 movie in the amount I enjoyed it.
  21. Jun 23, 2020
    Keyif = 8
    Atmosfer = 8
    Süre = 8
  22. May 28, 2019
    What turned out to be a great throwback turned into a VERY repetitive, annoying game.
    Firstly, I'll start with the matchmaking. Not all my friends can be on at the same time which means sometimes there'd just be two of us online watching to shoot the s*** killing zombies. But what this turned into would be getting match with two idiots running through the mission gun blazing, getting downed every second. Not all matches were like this but I would say a good 3/4 were. Annoying that I couldn't just play with friends and AI.

Although the MASSIVE hordes of Zombies was great, the same thing came abit of a bore. At least L4D had a bit of variety.
  23. Apr 20, 2020
    World War Z is a 4 player co-op shooter that feels extremely like a sequel to Left 4 Dead u can even call it L4D3. just like L4D the game is much more fun if u play with friends.currently there are 4 maps available in co-op mode and i hope developers keep updating game and add more maps to it. sadly servers are **** and most times cant connect to online services and when i do it disconnects.
  24. May 27, 2020
    This game is really bad. Zombies bruhh, omg so many zombues!!! Tacticool pay2win bro

Mixed or average reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jun 5, 2019
    Despite the largely one-note action, noticeably low budget, as well as the lack of imagination on show, there’s at least a scrappy charm displayed here that makes this zombie romp just about worthwhile. If you have a few Xbox Live chums who have an undead-annihilating itch to scratch, you could do worse than waging this brain-biting battle [Issue#178, p.78]
  2. May 16, 2019
    While it’s unfortunate you don’t get to play as Brad Pitt, or have much of an overarching narrative tying all the mini campaigns together, World War Z scratches that Left 4 Dead itch that I’ve been craving for a few years now. While it does eventually turn into a grind, facing off against swarms of hundreds of rushing zombies, it never ceases to impress with its technical prowess and core fun of shooting a mass of zombies.
  3. May 10, 2019
    World War Z is lots of fun and easy to pick up and play, despite being a little on the expensive side. It may not have loads of new ideas, but it delivers a solid online PvP experience that doesn’t disappoint, especially on the zombie front. If you’re looking for your first foray into the online shooter genre, this is as good a place as any to start.