5.9

1. Dec 5, 2013
    Pretty happy with it so far. Disappointed by somewhat of a lack of content at the start of the program, but I'm looking forward to see what they release in the future updates.
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    A modern marvel of the fitness genre. A definite must have for someone looking to get fit and have fun. A Game Of The Year contender that will be not be forgotten easily. Looking forward to Xbox Fitness 2.
  3. Apr 6, 2014
    I created an account for this. This "game" is amazing. For a hardcore trainer it is probably not worth your time, but if you were to want to work out with one?

You get a huge variety for free (so long as you have XBLGold) and you can use it as much or little as you want, there are no restrictions. My wife has been using this for months, while I may like to go for jogs she much

My wife has been using this for months, while I may like to go for jogs she much prefers this. That is not to say that this is strictly a "girls thing". She is getting great results and looks forward to taking a break from life and using it. There is just enough challenge matched with encouragement to make a person *Want* to use it. You get your achievements and badges to let you know your good, but you also get to lose weight and get healthy.

The menus aren't perfect, but they are easy to use. Finding any kind of working is done with ease. Everything is ready from the start, from motion tracking to voice commands.

The only failure is that the heart rate monitor is closer to a guess than a monitor. It sometimes glitches out and basically pronounces you dead. This really has no effect on anything, so I really see it is a void issue.
  4. Feb 2, 2014
    It has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the software is so frustratingly bad at determining proper form, you'll often find yourself having to do the motion absolutely incorrectly in order to get credit.

Use it as a guide, but don't rely on it to be accurate.
  5. Dec 13, 2013
    WOW, Xbox Fitness is AWESOME. This is what it means to be 'next gen'. Microsoft really made a great investment putting money into combining the Kinect Technology with DVD workouts like Beachbody. This is everything I was hoping it would be and more! I just finished an Insanity workout and it worked flawlessly. No connection problems, etc. I already do the Insanity dvds as my workoutWOW, Xbox Fitness is AWESOME. This is what it means to be 'next gen'. Microsoft really made a great investment putting money into combining the Kinect Technology with DVD workouts like Beachbody. This is everything I was hoping it would be and more! I just finished an Insanity workout and it worked flawlessly. No connection problems, etc. I already do the Insanity dvds as my workout routine, but this xbox one kinect really adds to my workouts. I didn't realize how focused I would become on trying to improve my Xbox Fitness gamer score, that a few times I actually forgot I was exercising. Now that is the kind of exercise I like. Xbox Fitness really keeps you engaged the whole time. You are constantly in tune with your posture and form because of the instant feedback. Also, because I am trying to keep my combo going, I push through parts I would usually slow down without the Kinect. On top of that, all the stats, challenges, Fitness points, fitness profile, fitness log etc. give you a ton of incentive and motivation to keep coming back and improving your fitness. I also love the user interface. I'm really impressed with what Microsoft has done. It has a very clean and friendly look to it. And most importantly it's easy to use. I give Xbox Fitness a 10/10! If they add more features and content, it can only get better! If you are looking for a great way to keep yourself motivated and accountable, I would definitely recommend checking out Xbox Fitness! I actually bought the xbox one just for this service, and it doesn't disappoint! I'm very satisfied! Expand
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    If it isn't a 10/10 app, it will be soon enough. There are up to 30 free workouts which target probably all the muscle groups. Most importantly there's a lot of cardio workouts which are very different from eachother so variety keeps you interested longer while the calories melt off.
  7. Jun 10, 2014
    I thought this game was GREAT, it is good to have feedback and see your silhouette so you can get an idea if you are doing it right without having to see yourself in a mirror... and having achievements to aim for makes it amazing, and lets you compare against your and others scores!
    This is all UNTIL you are working your butt off and the game says you are doing nothing. You can even see your silhouette working its butt off, but your not getting any points. That is when it sucks. It happens I estimate, for about 10% of the exercises.
    But if you don't care about achievements or getting ranked and just want some exercise vids, there are some great, and really intense ones!
    IMO, for this game to get a 10 from me, THE KINECT SENSOR NEEDS UPDATES. If it can tell when a person is winking surely it has the ability to at least roughly accurately see if you are moving in a similar way to the people on screen
  8. Jan 14, 2014
    I use this app daily and am grateful for the free workouts. Fit achievement hunters will be satisfied with the challenges.

My main gripes come with the Kinect sensor. Most of the workout scores are either verify generous or unrepresentative of my work. I exercise at a distance of about 8-10 feet from my Kinect, so I am playing within a reasonable distance. During a Cardio Kickboxing workout, my legs and punches are undoubtedly active, but the star ratings for those drills never seem to go above 2 or 3, and messages like "Work your arms!" display when you're practically punching them out of your sockets.

On other workouts, like Cardio Max, you can get away with walking back and forth and achieve a full five-star rating during certain drills. I believe the Kinect is working fine, as I can see myself and highlighted parts of my body during the most active moments, but I think the Programmers need to invest more in determining what makes movements right or wrong. You can follow the trainer to a T in some of these workouts and get nowhere in your score, or practically ignore them and ace the routine.

Another frustration is the maximum heart beats per minute statistic. At the end of workouts, you will often be shown your maximum BPM. Any normal meter on my wrist will accurately show me in the 150-160 range, but the Kinect will sometimes say "62" or something way off. Definitely not true, and not worth having if it can't share reasonable data.

But during these wintry months, it certainly is nice to have a free selection of content to exercise indoors, and for that I'm glad I downloaded the app!
  9. Nov 29, 2013
    I think this is an excellent workout alternative to dvds. I tried the Mossa fight workout and was fully engaged and challenged and very sore the next day. I am looking forward to trying more of these workouts as there is tremendous variety and the games give you lots of motivation and encouragement to work your hardest. The kinnect works very well and I had no issues except a slight lagI think this is an excellent workout alternative to dvds. I tried the Mossa fight workout and was fully engaged and challenged and very sore the next day. I am looking forward to trying more of these workouts as there is tremendous variety and the games give you lots of motivation and encouragement to work your hardest. The kinnect works very well and I had no issues except a slight lag at times but not enough to hamper the flow of the workout or the challenge. I paid nothing for this so far so it is no risk to try and I can see myself paying for some workouts that interest me in the future. I am very pleased with Xbox Fitness as it adds another dimension to this new gaming system which I am already falling in love with. So far my Xbox One is not letting me down in any way. Try it, you'll have fun and you'll probably be challenged as well. Expand
  10. Jan 31, 2014
    I really sucks that if you like Insanity, there is no way to access the whole program through Xbox Fitness. You are referred to the web to order the DVD, which is $120 and lacks the performance tracking of the Xbox Fitness version of the initial Plyometric Circuit episode. It's basically a series of trial versions for at home fitness programs, so don't get too attached to the gamificationI really sucks that if you like Insanity, there is no way to access the whole program through Xbox Fitness. You are referred to the web to order the DVD, which is $120 and lacks the performance tracking of the Xbox Fitness version of the initial Plyometric Circuit episode. It's basically a series of trial versions for at home fitness programs, so don't get too attached to the gamification features. Expand
  11. May 8, 2014
    There are a few issues I noticed right away with this app. Overall, it's buggy and really no different than popping in a DVD.
    First of all, there isn't a way to sort by intensity and the Kinect doesn't seem to adjust to follow the player, so when you're doing floor exercises, it loses track of you, not counting the poses your doing. I tried two different routines - power yoga and cardio. While the routines do well to work the body, the Kinect didn't move to track the ground poses during the power yoga and while standing almost perfectly still, to drink water during the cardio, it gave me the highest rating of the routine along with a score multiplier. This was the most ridiculous part of the ordeal, as when I brought my knees to my chest in this same routine, it was in the red, reading, "Work your legs!" However, doing nothing, gave me the highest score of the session? Ah, the sweet inconsistency...
    This, by the way, was after struggling to get it to connect to the internet. While all the other apps were able to successfully connect, this one just wouldn't for some reason. While troubleshooting the issue, it even came to the point where it just simply wouldn't start the app at all. At another point, videos would start to load and stop, claiming again that it couldn't connect to the internet while everything else was working smoothly. I didn't even try the voice commands, but I think it's safe to assume the same level of consistency would apply.
    After all the bugs and issues with the connection, I've decided to just reconnect the 360 and go back to using Your Shape by Ubisoft. The exercises in that game were customizable, the Kinect followed the player, and it was easy to pick intensities that suited how you were feeling.
    XBox Fitness fails to provide a customizable experience and is really just a library of infomercial workouts that the Kinect can't seem to read properly. Yes, the workouts are intense, but it's silly to have the Kinect attached to this app when it reads inaction as successful and action as unsuccessful - or just not at all. For now, I'll just go back to Your Shape and wait on a version for the XBox One.
  12. Jun 29, 2014
    Xbox fitness could be a nice app. if the connect sensor worked properly. Too bad it doesn't so makes this application sub par. You can't do workouts unless you use sensor. The sensor is poor at best. Shame on Microsoft for introducing a connect sensor that bottom line doesn't live up to expectations. Feel like I wasted my money buying a system $200 more than systems without sensor.Xbox fitness could be a nice app. if the connect sensor worked properly. Too bad it doesn't so makes this application sub par. You can't do workouts unless you use sensor. The sensor is poor at best. Shame on Microsoft for introducing a connect sensor that bottom line doesn't live up to expectations. Feel like I wasted my money buying a system $200 more than systems without sensor. What a waste!! Expand
  13. Feb 19, 2014
    This app has so much potential. I played once to see what it was all about and luckily chose the Mossa fight workout. Great fun despite nearly killing me and incentivised to do it again and check out the other workouts. I'm now regularly playing some three months later.
    The bad. Some of the workouts are poorly scripted so you dont know what you are supposed to do until you are supposed to be doing it. This can be frustrating trying to play catch up, until you have done them a couple of times. The menus and library are poorly laid out and lack of information about your previous performance is missing. You cant see where you need to improve. Also inconsistent UI elements - some workouts let you skip the intro and warning while others make you stand through them every time.
    The terrible. Kinect. While clearly very clever tech it or the xbox fitness software has some way to go. Sometimes it refuses to acknowledge my workout even though I can see myself doing the actions, other times you have to over exaggerate your moves to keep the score up. You find yourself criticised and congratulated during the same exercise while repeating the same actions. Most frustrating is kinect not tracking properly and ruining your workout score, which also lowers your hard earned average. Not so bad in the first or second round because you can start again, further on and you have to decide to keep your bad score or quit the workout in frustration.
  14. Mar 3, 2014
    I'm really disappointed that more of the Fitness programs don't use the Heart Rate feature and that there is NO Yoga workouts at all. Also the workouts are not clearly sorted by difficulty or fitness level. The interface is also frustratingly difficult to navigate. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to turn on voice commands for Fitness and then, of course, they only work 50% of theI'm really disappointed that more of the Fitness programs don't use the Heart Rate feature and that there is NO Yoga workouts at all. Also the workouts are not clearly sorted by difficulty or fitness level. The interface is also frustratingly difficult to navigate. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to turn on voice commands for Fitness and then, of course, they only work 50% of the time, at best. This was the #1 reason I purchased an Xbox One and if it doesn't improve quickly I'm putting mine on Craigslist. Expand
  15. Jan 14, 2014
    The middling Xbox Fitness is a decent first step in getting gamers and media owners more active. However, the somewhat lacking variety of content will likely keep many from really digging into this would-be-excellent service. Also, the Kinect seems to track very well most of the time and sometimes not at all if the user is too far on the edge of the Kinects range or there's not enoughThe middling Xbox Fitness is a decent first step in getting gamers and media owners more active. However, the somewhat lacking variety of content will likely keep many from really digging into this would-be-excellent service. Also, the Kinect seems to track very well most of the time and sometimes not at all if the user is too far on the edge of the Kinects range or there's not enough lighting in the room. Nothing to get too hung up on since it does work a good majority of the time, but if you like to keep score you may not always get full credit for your legitimate efforts. If Microsoft can push more content for those early on in their exercise endeavors this service will be fantastic. But if all that it is going to offer is P90X and other higher intensity programs, perhaps Microsoft shouldn't have bothered. Expand
  16. Jan 2, 2018
    Atmosfer = 7
    Süre = 6

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 29, 2014
    A range of free workouts, respected trainers and the instant feedback from the Kinect makes this an impressive all-round fitness programme.
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    A fantastic app for anyone who wants get a bit more active.
  3. Dec 14, 2013
    It might not be perfect but this is probably the most underrated “next-gen” feature I’ve seen on the new consoles. Xbox Fitness succeeds in “gamifying” its workouts like no fitness game before it.