8.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 14, 2021
    This may indeed be a great game. I wouldn't know. Two hours in and it's just been cutscene after cutscene. Not sure at what point there's an actual game to be played, but if it takes more than two hours, it should probably go back to the cutting board. I can only imagine at what point you get to actually play this game. 3 hours? 4 hours?
  2. Jun 17, 2021
    Really wanted to play this game as the combat seemed fun but unfortunately after 4 hours of playing I had managed a grand total of about 10 minutes of actual gameplay. If you want to watch a jaoenese soap opera this is for you, if you want to play a video game chose something else.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 28, 2021
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon takes the risky option of including RPG elements in its core, but it does this absolutely brilliantly. It's a new approach that may make those fans of action in previous games a little apprehensive, but it does deserve a chance. It's a fantastic gateway to the series and not to be missed by fans of Japanese RPGs. It maintains the series' spirit, refreshing it with Ichiban Kaguya, heroes who risk becoming the new icon of Yakuza.
  2. Nov 25, 2020
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon is surprisingly one of the best JRPGs that I’ve played since I beat Dragon Quest XI over three years ago. It’s especially impressive coming from Ryu ga Gotoku studios which has never made a turn-based RPG before. However, there are some glaring issues that take away from the overall experience; most notably the lack of a weakness indicator and wonky AoE moves during battles. If only the battle system was perfected, then Like a Dragon would be a top-tier JRPG. Regardless, I would recommend to any RPG fans that Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a must-play title.
  3. Nov 11, 2020
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon is ultimately a masterclass in pacing and storytelling with an fabulously gorgeous backdrop, welcome combat shake-up, and a cast of extremely affable characters, especially the newcomer Ichiban Kasuga.