- Publisher: THQ Nordic
- Release Date: Jun 9, 2022
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox One
Biomutant is an open-word, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague isBiomutant is an open-word, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down...
Although you are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, it's your actions and choices that'll decide how your story of survival ends.… Expand
- Genre(s): Role-Playing, Action RPG
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Biomutant – Release Trailer
Positive: 3 out of 5
Mixed: 2 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Sep 22, 2022Biomutant for Xbox Series X is what the game should have been a year ago. The game itself is quite entertaining and has some new good ideas. This version features a huge graphical improvement and fixes many previous bugs. If you haven't played the game since it was released, now is a good time.
Oct 21, 2022Biomutant is a fantastic open-world RPG. What's more, the environment, creatures, crafting, abilities, and plot will blow you away. I loved it, and I'm glad I waited until the next-gen update.
Oct 11, 2022The next generation edition of Biomutant may not have been necessary, but it doesn’t hurt anything either. Overall, the game is very smooth, never dropping a frame no matter how crowded it may become, and the world is as beautiful and colorful as ever. My biggest gripe with the game is pretty universally mentioned: there was a lot more going on in the game than could be given proper attention, such as the upgrade and crafting systems, but it makes up for it in my opinion with a story and a world that is fun to explore.
Sep 27, 2022Biomutant is an entertaining game that has a wide and alive world to explore, being the most attractive part of it. Wait, its undeniable flaws end up burying that magic that we feel when we advance in the story.
Sep 26, 2022Biomutant receives a great next-gen update but it doesn’t fix their failed initial ambitions plans.
Positive: 1 out of 2
Mixed: 1 out of 2
Negative: 0 out of 2
Jan 21, 2023This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was very fortunate while playing this game at launch and experiencing nearly zero glitches and hiccups. This is one of the most fun, goofy, over the top looter shooters I have ever played. A faction system that gives you so much agency on who you want to side with or annihilate. The enemy factions will surrender before you take them all down; giving you the option to accept or wipe them all out. An actually satisfying loot system that makes me feel powerful. It wasn't until I had nearly 100% the game that my loot depended on god rolls to improve my loadout. I can be as silly or serious with the character creator as I want. Huge open world with plenty of interesting things to do. Fun abilities and powers. A host of crazy vehicles and mounts with different abilites. Some were animals others boats and a litteral giant hand that can shoot. A mech suit that feels devastating. The only downside to the mech was that you could only use in certain areas, though I felt the areas of usage were fair. Being able to use it everywhere would have been so much more fun. Every type of collectable has its own unique puzzle to solve. Npcs have fun personalities. Narrative/narration/dialog is the only thing that might be hit or miss. I had no issue, I expected it to be silly and it delivers. Give this game a chance, I have not enjoyed a game like this in forever. I put this title up with the borderland series.… Expand
Jun 2, 2023This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I truly enjoyed this game; put in 60+ hours. Biomutant doesn't deserve the hate it's getting. This game does not deserve a 0 or a 10. I applaud Experiment 101 for taking a chance on a game that is different. Most companies stick with bread and butter lp's but this reminded me of the 90's and early 2000's when game companies weren't afraid to take risk with different game styles or develop a different lp all together. Let's start with the cons since I believe there were fewer cons than pros.
- Melee combat seems clunky and slow which turned me off from using melee weapons. Once you get a few hours in you learn what is called wung fu and super wung fu that help with the clunkiness of melee combat
- Game difficulty is nonexistent. I usually always look up top 10 tips list online before I play a game and one of the tips was to play on hard off the bat. Hard was even too easy and had to switch difficulty to extreme. I rarely died in combat even when switching to extreme difficulty.
- I found the diologue outside the main story wasn't engaging and caught my self pressing the "A" button just to get on with the quest.
- Graphics I thought were great for the theme of the game. I see reviews of people complaining about being on par with ps3 or Xbox 360 era graphics which I did not agree with. The game needs some more polish but the graphics and art style matched the goofiness of the game. The side characters are designed to look goofy plus the game takes place after the events of sludge spill from a company called toxinal which mutated characters and animals. I find that criticism is not fair from other reviews and they fail to understand the theme of the game.
- The music matched the Kung fu feel of the game. It was really relaxing listen to the background music.
- Plenty of quest to do in multiple areas. Each biom; they call it, has a unique feel to it. For instance one biom allows you to basically pilot a mech suit and another has you driving a jet ski to get from point A to B. I did not get bored because every area offered something different.
- Crafting system was easy to use and didn't require a lot of grinding to get materials to make what you needed. Every game these days have a crafting system and they either over do it or haphazardly add crafting into the game because it's the "standard". I felt this game got it right. You only have 5 materials needed to upgrade or craft things with no fancy impossible to find material that requires hours of grinding to get. Making odd combination with weapons was really fun. Refreshing to see a game these days take this approach with crafting. Crafting is also essential to keeping your character on par with the enemies of the world.
- Boss combat was unique. Each boss required some sort of special means to defeat them. Truly the only fights in this game that had any difficulty at all came from bosses. One boss required you to defeat him while on a jet ski another boss you had to defeat while piloting a submarine.
- Price point is sitting around 30 to 40 dollars which is worth it for a game like this.
Overall I give this game a 7 out of 10. I couldn't get over the clunkiness of melee combat which should be smooth if you are trying to be Kung fu like and the diologue on side quest was not engaging. What I did enjoy was basically turning this game into a looter shooter. The guns in this game really add a different level of gameplay. Best of all the game did not add any agenda to it; no woke stuff, no LGBT stuff or political anything. Refreshing to see Experiment 101 just make a game for the sake of making a game and not for ideology like has become the norm these days. I would love to see more original ideas like this come from more game companies. Looking forward to what the developers have in store in the future.… Expand
- (0 views)