8.3

1. Dec 11, 2022
    Gorgeous pixel graphics, fun and thought-provoking turn-based battles, and amazing sound/music!
  2. Dec 21, 2022
    Great story, great fighting system, great oldschool jrpg! Better than every modern Action-Adventure rpg.
  3. Dec 14, 2022
    Its an amazing jrpg like Final fantasy 6 times. Old school jrpg with great story and amazing characters. Every character has a great story.
  4. Dec 13, 2022
    FFVI-2 in alternative timeline and better.

Does the most favourite things from all FFs and puts them together in an elegant way. I am only 4h in though, but it became already my main game.
  5. Dec 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautiful game with a nice story . The combat is simple and effective with amazing gameplay . Expand
  6. Jan 4, 2023
    It’s becoming increasingly hard to find a turn-based game made with love and care. In an age where even final fantasy games are focused on action, fans of the genre typically (with some exceptions) have to rely on derivative thrown together garbage or games dominated by story with little to no action and adventure.
    Chained Echoes eschews the stereotype and delivers a game both high in
    Chained Echoes eschews the stereotype and delivers a game both high in production values, with a fun yet thought out battle system, and a gripping story that doesn’t take up 90% of the game (like some triangle based games recently). The world is surprisingly large, in depth, and well thought out. This isn’t a cobbled together landscape of tropes - there is care, thought, and love ingrained within the lore in this world building. Is it 100% novel? Well, no - but it’s fresh enough that you can appreciate the nods but still be genuinely intrigued about this rich world. The battle system is rich, with enough complexity to sate RPG fans without being incredibly overwhelming.
    The maps are where this game stands out. So beautifully and lovingly created, with lots of exploration and rewards for the completionist.
    This is definitely one for fans of the old school JRPG, but with enough modern updates and a streamlined story that it could easily appeal to newcomers.
    If this came out at the same time as final fantasy 6, it would go down in gaming history as the biggest rivalry.
  7. Dec 9, 2022
    Very fun JRPG that is reminiscent of the SNES era without being too much a rip off.
  8. Dec 20, 2022
    Missing spanish translation, hope you add it in a near future. Lots of people will aprecciate it and will buy it.
  9. Jan 6, 2023
    I'm not the biggest fan of JRPG's but this is one of the best rpg's I've played in the last few years. It really is amazing. Great cast of characters, awesome combat system that is reminiscent of classic jrpg's but innovative on it's own and a really good story. Highly recommended.
  10. Jan 27, 2023
    A true tribute to the great JRPG'S of the past. Chained Echos is one of the best JRPG's of recent years.
  11. Jan 7, 2023
    I enjoyed every minute of my hours playing this game, thank you so much Matthias Linda!!!
  12. Jan 8, 2023
    Skimmed past this at first as I though it was another poor effort. When it hit game pass I thought I’d try it and currently 40+ hours in and loving it.
  13. Jan 24, 2023
    This is one of the best 16bit style modern JRPG's I have played for a long time. As a fan of the old school JRPG's such as Final Fantasy VI, Breath of Fire and more, this scratched that nostalgia itch with something brand new for the modern age.

Chained Echoes has a beautiful art style with a soundtrack that is simply divine. The combat, story and world are absolutely fantastic.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 1, 2023
    It is amazing how much passion was put into this project by its sole developer Matthias Linda and the artists involved. And you can see it permeate through the games gorgeous 16-bit visuals, accompanied by Eddie Marianukroh’s phenomenal score consisting of tempered orchestra and pleasing synthetic melodies. Despite my frustrations with the combat system, there’s a lot of good you’ll find in Chained Echoes. I can easily recommend this game for any Super Nintendo era role-playing game. A beautiful rose with a very sharp thorn.
  2. Jan 19, 2023
    Chained Echoes is a fantastic JRPG that captures everything we love about turn-based RPGs on the SNES but improves on everything we didn't love. With a new battle system, no random enemies to encounter, and the ability to have eight characters on your team and switch without using a turn, Chained Echoes is a must-play.
  3. Jan 3, 2023
    Chained Echoes is a very accomplished JRPG that is well worth playing, mostly thanks to a great story and some classic retro feels.