8.6

1. Sep 18, 2022
    I really liked this game, but it's not perfect.

I really liked this game, but it's not perfect.

I wish the boss fights throughout were better. All of them underwhelmed outside of the final boss. I also wish the weapon varieties and rhythm patterns were more varied. The entire game seems to play at the exact same 'rhythm' no matter which weapon you use, and all weapons are made to work within that seemingly constant rhythm. More variety would've made the game more challenging and fun, IMO. The music, while very good, was a bit lacking in the first half of the game. The metal songs sound really generic, but it definitely picks up in the latter levels. Especially the final level, but again, I wish more of the game was like that final stage. It's worth playing, and overall it about met & maybe exceeded my expectations, but there is clear room for growth in a potential sequel.
  2. Sep 17, 2022
    Could not find a good satisfying play rhythm and the rest is just bland and boring as F. Also seriously dislike games "meant" to be played with stupid distorted fisheye-lense FOVs (default) and mouse and WASD.

Thank good for GamePass, I gave it an hour and then quickly uninstalled it. I'll probably check out the list of songs to see if I can make a playlist for workout or something.
  3. Sep 20, 2022
    AWESOME game, music is fantastic, gameplay is fun. Highly recommended, try it!!
  4. Sep 20, 2022
    An excellent FPS that would mostly interest those who enjoyed Doom and Doom Eternal. The story itself is short yet it works but I often forget why I’m even doing it at times but it’s still a blast. The main character is like a female counterpart to Doomguy, silent but deadly.

It has a couple of good maps but they all sort of feel the same, just with a different coat of paint, but they’re still great and fun to navigate. The enemies are fun and challenging at times, but not hard enough to make you want to quit, just enough so that when you respawn you’re still ready to kill.

The few problems stem from the rather underwhelming bosses, they’re just too easy and don’t require much skill (I played on medium difficulty) and it was just, Shoot, Dash, Shoot till I won, if the bosses had more variation it would’ve been more fun.

An overall solid title and considering it was from an Indie title, it outdoes some of the other recent FPS titles made by AAA Studios. If you have Gamepass, give this a try.
  5. Sep 27, 2022
    i am not a huge fan of metal and rhythm games but this game is the exception. i love how the game combine action with rhythm and all songs especially "no tomorrow" are amazing. i finished the game and each time i listen the soundtracks in youtube, i want to play it again. i don't give a 10/10 because i think all the bosses are similar in appearance with a little change. i think that maybei am not a huge fan of metal and rhythm games but this game is the exception. i love how the game combine action with rhythm and all songs especially "no tomorrow" are amazing. i finished the game and each time i listen the soundtracks in youtube, i want to play it again. i don't give a 10/10 because i think all the bosses are similar in appearance with a little change. i think that maybe the needed to add different bosses with different styles. i recommend this game to everyone. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 29, 2022
    Metal: Hellsinger is relatively short, and while there are additional challenges you can complete if you fell in love with it, that’s mostly a good thing. While its core mechanics are strong, and I love its soundtrack, it’s a one-dimensional game where you’ll have seen most everything it has to offer quickly. At that point, it’s just a matter of how much you enjoy the feel of it. While it won’t be for everyone, it’s absolutely a game those with Game Pass should give a chance.
  2. Sep 22, 2022
    A hardcore heavy-metal shooter boasting a side order of rhythm with its brutal ultra-violence, Metal: Hellsinger is good fun, but you'll probably get a lot more out of it if you actually enjoy the music.
  3. Sep 16, 2022
    I really found myself engrossed with Metal: Hellsinger, and the solid FPS gunplay paired with a challenging rhythm mechanic keeps you pretty engaged throughout. It’s a neat concept that certainly hasn’t worn out its welcome so far, and I’d certainly like to see it expanded upon in the future, so hopefully a sequel or DLC won’t be out of the question. Definitely check it out Metal: Hellsinger if any of this sounds intriguing, you won’t be disappointed.