- Publisher: Ghost Pattern
- Release Date: Sep 15, 2022
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox One
- Summary: Welcome to the Hospital - It’s the summer of 1978, and Casey Beaumaris is trying to make the most of her holidays, when her mum asks her to spend a long weekend helping out at the airborne hospital where she works. Casey prefers the company of books to people, but she agrees, secretlyWelcome to the Hospital - It’s the summer of 1978, and Casey Beaumaris is trying to make the most of her holidays, when her mum asks her to spend a long weekend helping out at the airborne hospital where she works. Casey prefers the company of books to people, but she agrees, secretly planning to write an article about her visit for the school newspaper. With her trusty notebook at the ready, Casey arrives on board the airship. The staff are overworked as they prepare for the visit of an important official, while the patients react to grief, or deal with active trauma. In the midst of these and many other interlocking and overlapping stories, Casey spends time with the patients, learning about their lives, and, as the stories unfold, discovering what she can do to help.… Expand
- Developer: Ghost Pattern
- Genre(s): Adventure, General
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 3 out of 4
Mixed: 1 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Oct 17, 2022Wayward Strand is a slow-burning but story-rich adventure. Control the inquisitive Casey as you explore a floating hospital for 3 days in the summer. Speak to the residents, observe their actions, and unfold a wonderfully intertwined experience.
Sep 29, 2022Wayward Strand provides a poignant reminder that life is fragile, but within its delicate boundaries, we have a gift unlike anything else. The residents are all interesting thanks to great writing and a solid cast, and when you're done, you'll be left feeling a deep sense of respect for the elderly.
Sep 15, 2022If you are vehemently opposed to narrative experiences with very light gameplay elements, Wayward Strand may not be something you will gravitate towards. For fans of the genre, it would be hard not to recommend. I – who usually prefer the third-person, open world flavours of the month – found myself thoroughly entertained by its charming cast of characters and its uniquely compelling storytelling style.
Sep 15, 2022Wayward Strand has you on the outside, looking in, and we found our attention wavering as we were shaking the bars that held us back.