• Publisher: Sega

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Maxx
    Feb 3, 2004
    This is probably my favorite game of all time. It's original, beautiful, sonically unique and just plain fun. Unlike anything you'll play ever again.
  2. Karb
    Apr 4, 2002
    Awesome cel rendered graphics which makes the gameplay like playing in a cartoon truly and the draw distance is great showcase of the new hardware.
  3. Z
    Aug 31, 2002
    I love jsrf.
  4. CoryF.
    May 20, 2003
    I love the game!!!
  5. Brian B.
    Jun 22, 2003
    It has a really good storyline.
  6. JohnG.
    Jun 27, 2003
    I'm Speech less it Rocks.
  7. KyleH.
    May 31, 2005
    This game is the most longest game i have ever played i giv it a tem:)
  8. LuckyDog
    Oct 15, 2002
    The only problem about JSRF is the street challenge doesn't give anuff info. other than that the story's great the graphics are cool and the musics fantasic.
  9. PatrickW.
    Nov 27, 2004
    I like this game !!!!! but i don't know how to get yoyo from the mummy freaks. it gets annoying.
  10. Josh
    Feb 24, 2004
    This game rox! its so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! this is definitley my favorite game out of every platform!
  11. bamwanabefox
    Mar 13, 2004
    Josh maxx im with you guys this game kick ass and the audio is tight.
  12. DevinP.
    Jun 15, 2004
    This game is cool!! The dances are sweet!!!I am a good skater too but this game made me look bad. I hope they put this on PS2.yeah!!!!!!
  13. Feb 2, 2012
    It's quite telling when reviews are spread out so much- either extremely positive or extremely negative. Something to note though, is that the people who voted it low mostly didn't give the game more than a few minutes. Out of the critics, eg people who actually have (or at least, are expected to), there's not a single negative review.
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique achievements of all time. It wont be for everybody, and is flawed in some aspects. Fortunately the outstanding parts overshadow the shortcomings parts in a big way- and for a game that took outrageous risks (the soundtrack brings together some of the weirdest and unappealing tracks ever and makes them into something absolutely incredible) pretty much all of it pays off.
    Sure, the level design can be detrimental to the fun factor, by trying to inject difficulty, and it gets a little lengthy if you don't take a decent break between sessions. But playing this through for the second time (third if you count the DC version) now, and it still holds up fantastically. Graphics, characters, style, gameplay... 10 years after release, and it still feels fresher than fresh.
  14. Jun 6, 2013
    This game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but oneThis game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but one character, aptly named DJ Professor K deserves special mention, he basically serves as a hilarious narrator, I laughed out loud several times at his awesome one liners. This game is more open worldy than it's predecessor, and it works well. It's got a lot of challenge later on especially if you want to unlock the secret characters. All in all a fantastic experience. Expand
  15. Sep 14, 2015
    This game is so awesome. Many areas and not repetitive at all, you never get tired of it. Love the sound track too, it was away ahead of it's time. Wishing for a remake from SEGA.
  16. Jul 20, 2016
    Hey. My 14 year old Xbox steamed up and died on me about a week ago while playing this so I came here to reminiscence about how I'm going to miss it. Nah I'm just kidding. This game was something else, and way ahead of it's time! There was just really only one thing I had trouble with, and it'd been the controls. I literally couldn't stop dying in the Skyscraper District, Sky DinosaurianHey. My 14 year old Xbox steamed up and died on me about a week ago while playing this so I came here to reminiscence about how I'm going to miss it. Nah I'm just kidding. This game was something else, and way ahead of it's time! There was just really only one thing I had trouble with, and it'd been the controls. I literally couldn't stop dying in the Skyscraper District, Sky Dinosaurian Square, and Dogenzaka Hill with how frustrating getting off of rails and trying to turn away from edges. But it was still fun though you know? To hear DJ Professor K laugh in my face a million times? Oh yeah. Anyway, time to get an Xbox 360 because I'm ready to go get ALL of my 100 graffiti souls back from those street challenges... Expand
  17. Feb 16, 2019
    The definition of a hidden gem. The game's art style is great. The controls are a bit dated, but it still works very well. And the soundtrack...

*STARTS HUMMING CONCEPT OF LOVE*
  18. Dec 31, 2017
    This is game is amazing if you just want to have some fun and chill for a bit.
  19. Feb 19, 2020
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  20. Sep 16, 2019
    It's soon coming up to 20 years since this game was released (well, in 3 years, which in the scheme of things is pretty soon). There hasn't been a year where I haven't done at least one playthrough of this game.

The style, the fluid skating (days of my life spent trying to replicate this myself to no avail), the music, the characters, the level design; all phenomenal. This game would

This game would be my bucket island game, I could never tire of this. Emulation of the game is progressing, but I'd love an official port of this to PC and modern consoles (or at least just PC).
  21. Jun 22, 2020
    Jet set radio future is one of the best games to play on the original XBOX. The fun game play and incredible music from Hideki Naganuma is something you should experience yourself.
  22. Jun 8, 2021
    A true classic that will never be forgotten. It is a futuristic retelling of the original Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast, with major differences in the graffiti system, graphics, and even characters. If you liked the first game, open world games, futuristic games, or any other kind of game in general, you will love this one.
  23. DavidH.
    Sep 6, 2002
    Jet Set Radio Future is a magnificently styled game, which puts the emphasis on exhiliration and exploration rather than on the precision of the Tony Hawk franchise. The unique style of the game makes it worth a look for just about anyone - the music and graphic style is unequalled at the moment on any system. It's not all perfect - the camera can be annoying, there is no easy way to Jet Set Radio Future is a magnificently styled game, which puts the emphasis on exhiliration and exploration rather than on the precision of the Tony Hawk franchise. The unique style of the game makes it worth a look for just about anyone - the music and graphic style is unequalled at the moment on any system. It's not all perfect - the camera can be annoying, there is no easy way to 'quit' the game to use a different profile (unless you die), and there seems to be no way to get around the limit of three save slots. These criticisms don't exactly spoil the game, but are worth noting. If you could use the memory card, download graffiti images from your PC, and the game was a little longer and more challenging, I'd give it a 10. It won't be the best or longest game you play this year, but I guarantee you won't play anything like it. For that reason alone, along with the fact that it's simply enormous fun, you'd be mad to miss it. Expand
  24. TravisD.
    Jul 7, 2003
    This is one of those games that should not be rated in a one sentance review. The graphics are a nice step up from it's prior game. While the cartoon cel-shading game look is now not very original, It still looks great in this game. the story line in this game is too much the same to the first...same evil man with the same grop trying to do the same thing....but i dont care too much This is one of those games that should not be rated in a one sentance review. The graphics are a nice step up from it's prior game. While the cartoon cel-shading game look is now not very original, It still looks great in this game. the story line in this game is too much the same to the first...same evil man with the same grop trying to do the same thing....but i dont care too much cause the gameplay is too good to pass up. Its great wallriding to a jump and then spraypainting something mid-air....it is very awsome....check this game OUT!!! Expand
  25. JeffK.
    Mar 5, 2002
    This game is highly addictive. It?s just a lot of fun. My only tiny gripe is the occasional wrong camera angles. A must have.
  26. TerryC.
    Jun 16, 2003
    This game is insanely fun and addicting. The camera totally blows, which can also make controlling the character a little wonky. Occasionally, they try to put too many things on the screen, which can cause stuttering. It may not be insanely difficult, but it's FUN.
  27. MadsC.
    Aug 20, 2007
    A great game that still holds it own 5 years after its release. The tight and very stylized cel-shaded graphics looks amazing. It is a great game of exploration. Eventhough it can get frustrating on the later levels, it makes the game that much sweeter once you know your way around.
  28. SteveC.
    Mar 22, 2002
    I love this game. The music's as good as everyone says. I do wish it were easier to go back and replay stages from the story, especially the insanely trippy final showdown.
  29. TaVonneW.
    Nov 28, 2004
    People dont kno how nice this game is.it talks about graffiti,has a realy big storyline environment.this game has everything that I ever wanted out of an adventure game,not all those crappy games like Timesplitters, and enter the matrix(which I both finished in less than 3 days with no cheats) that shows a crappy game.I give it 9 cause its on xbox,which has greater controls than the People dont kno how nice this game is.it talks about graffiti,has a realy big storyline environment.this game has everything that I ever wanted out of an adventure game,not all those crappy games like Timesplitters, and enter the matrix(which I both finished in less than 3 days with no cheats) that shows a crappy game.I give it 9 cause its on xbox,which has greater controls than the PS2(if they came out with it.) and the art of spray paint brings back history when cops were after people. Expand
  30. Jul 24, 2017
    Fun, Unique, & Colorful. One of the most original and unique games ive played on the OG Xbox. The music is just as good and helps make the game what it is in my opinion.

#2 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#31 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

Generally favorable reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. A solid, entertaining game that delivers a high sense of speed and adrenaline.
  2. A game caught in confusion, in one aspect Smilebit have tried to speed up the gameplay and streamline it, yet in removing the time limit and cops that said immediacy is completely lost, what’s the point in whizzing around all of the levels if you have all the time in the world.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    A beautiful game...The problem, though, is that Smilebit is guilty of design overkill, and it negatively affects the overall experience. [Apr 2002, p.142]