• Publisher: Midway
  • Release Date: Apr 18, 2005
8.3

1. Sam
    May 8, 2005
    This is a horrible betrayal to the first game. It has a lot of options, but still is a betrayal to the computer game in that its an extremely easy play. The monstrous aim assist really does it in for player skill, on and off live. This isnt an Unreal game, if you want to play one of those get a pc. The only reason i give this a 5 is because of the sharp graphics and audio.
  2. Spacey
    Apr 28, 2005
    After loving the first game, especially on Live, I had very high hopes for this sequel. Unfortunately it falls short. The first game had a large selection of weapons at your disposal within the game arenas but this second version only has you selecting 2 of your favourite weapons before the match begins.. Why I've no idea!!!! Secondly, the new hand to hand mode view is really a After loving the first game, especially on Live, I had very high hopes for this sequel. Unfortunately it falls short. The first game had a large selection of weapons at your disposal within the game arenas but this second version only has you selecting 2 of your favourite weapons before the match begins.. Why I've no idea!!!! Secondly, the new hand to hand mode view is really a failed idea in this type of game. It should never have been implemented in my opinion. The levels all seem to be too dark and with not much variation in levels too. The game plays much better on Live but the single player matches are really, REALLY boring and much too easy to play. Graphics on the whole are pretty good, the frame rate certainly isn't as good as UC but on the whole doesn't spoil the game. I can imagine why people would love this game but for me, it doesn't do it. My advice would be to rent it out for a couple of nights first. Expand
  3. KarlM.
    Jun 26, 2005
    GamesTM got it right with this one. Only for you 10% of Xbox owners with live i'm afraid.

#46 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#17 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

This isn't merely an evolution of the franchise -- this is Unreal with the dial turned up to 11.
  2. Edge Magazine
    An ambitious and largely successful attempt to meld the accuracy of traditional firstperson battling with the extra spatial agility and awareness afforded by thirdperson movement. It does feel slightly overdone, but not to the point of obscuring its offering of intensity and flighty action. [May 2005, p.90]
  3. AceGamez
    If you want something fresh, with almost endless replay value (so long as you have Live or some friends nearby) then I can do nothing but strongly recommend this title.