Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: August 16, 2019
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 42 Ratings
Watch Now
fsdgfdAug 19, 2019
Not good, barely with any plot, terrible acting and not scary at all. Don't waste your money
EdeltraudAug 28, 2019
I love shark movies, love adventure stories & have very low standard for this type of entertainment -- I had to leave this movie about 2/3 through as I refused to watch a screen that was nothing but swirling brown mud for minutes on endI love shark movies, love adventure stories & have very low standard for this type of entertainment -- I had to leave this movie about 2/3 through as I refused to watch a screen that was nothing but swirling brown mud for minutes on end (don't think that qualifies as a spoiler), not once, not twice, but at least three times. The inane dialogue, boring characters with no personality but most of all NO SHARKS for an hour. Tons of idiotic build up, back story (lame) and milling around in the dark. So dumb & I love Sharknado. Worst shark movie of all times. The SNL "special delivery" shark is 1000x scarier & entertaining than this turkey. Expand
GinaKAug 19, 2019
A movie that’s a pleasant enough way to spend a lazy summer afternoon. Actors (and sharks) were both generic. And even though the claustrophobic action picked up at the end, the outcome was never in doubt. The movie would have been far moreA movie that’s a pleasant enough way to spend a lazy summer afternoon. Actors (and sharks) were both generic. And even though the claustrophobic action picked up at the end, the outcome was never in doubt. The movie would have been far more interesting — and original — if the sharks had triumphed. Sad. Expand
flametail23Aug 18, 2019
A dumb movie about divers vs blind sharks. It's more entertaining than the first but that's honestly not saying much.
LamontRaymondAug 27, 2019
It's just embarrassingly inert. Somebody mailed this film in, and I was the one and only person in my theater watching it. Somebody (me) didn't get the message. Even beyond the special effects, it could have nailed the human drama MUCHIt's just embarrassingly inert. Somebody mailed this film in, and I was the one and only person in my theater watching it. Somebody (me) didn't get the message. Even beyond the special effects, it could have nailed the human drama MUCH more effectively had they employed (or just paid) a writer. Expand
TryASummersaultAug 18, 2019
The first film; 47 meters down was a simplistic well executed shark survival film that had enough going for it to be a solid entry into the depths of shark films albeit cliche.
This adds more intensity with a faster pace and some more
This adds more intensity with a faster pace and some more action/scares throughout. Director Johannes Roberts clearly had a bigger budget as he was able to have much better set pieces and expanded settings in the underwater cave ruins and it works very well for the overall story and atmosphere. The actors may not be upper echelon, but they serve their purpose for the story. The colors and visuals are phenomenal and the cgi sharks look a lot better this time around. There are even some unexpected moments you won't see coming that i commend them for attempting. Overall a pretty enjoyable shark film with a terrific original setting concept that amplifies the intensity.
Hugi09Aug 16, 2019
C’est un très bon film de requins !!!! Mais je préfère quand même 47 meters down qui est le meilleur de requins pour moi !
SteveeyAug 17, 2019
Didn’t have high expectations for the movie but left slightly satisfied. Definitely not a great movie but not a bad movie either. It had its moments of cheap scares and suspense.
MarshallCavalliAug 16, 2019
A dismal sequel of the original that fails to capture what made the first one works. Even though the first one had several flaws that were prevalent. For me the only redeeming quality is that the acting is improved.
MediaLiesAug 17, 2019
This has been done before...and been done better however the actors preformed their craft with ease and skill. Unfortunately it was more of the screeenwiters dilemma.New Ideas with sharks are desperately needed in this era of entertainment. IThis has been done before...and been done better however the actors preformed their craft with ease and skill. Unfortunately it was more of the screeenwiters dilemma.New Ideas with sharks are desperately needed in this era of entertainment. I fear Jaws with forever be the shark go-to on what to do in a movie. How sad where are the inventive storylines? Expand
TheQuietGamerNov 24, 2019
Much more of a B-movie than I was expecting. If it were any more ridiculous it would have released as a Syfy original. There's even the straight-to-DVD quality CGI sharks and everything. Luckily, Johannes Roberts is great at deliveringMuch more of a B-movie than I was expecting. If it were any more ridiculous it would have released as a Syfy original. There's even the straight-to-DVD quality CGI sharks and everything. Luckily, Johannes Roberts is great at delivering thrills. Otherwise this would have been straight trash. There are some genuinely tense moments and the kills are satisfyingly brutal. Plus the premise and setting are awesome.

The submerged Mayan ruins are gorgeous and a cool location for the action to take place. They make for a more expansive hunting ground than what we got in the first film, but still manage to come off just as tight and claustrophobic. Of course, sharks are once again not the only danger the characters face. Their ever-draining oxygen supply and inability to reach surface level are just as big of threats, adding a little more suspense to the mix. It all requires a lot of suspension of disbelief however, and the movie is going to be dead in the water for a lot of people because of that.

Uncaged in no way cares about reality. Roberts' only concern is making sure we have a good time and he isn't going to let a little thing like logic get in the way of that. As a result there are moments so absurd they serve to take even a schlock appreciator like me out of the experience. Yet even at its dumbest I was still having a blast. The expanded cast naturally leads to a higher body count, and the deaths themselves often pop out of nowhere catching you completely off guard. If there's ever going to be a third movie I definitely want Roberts to do something more grounded and thoughtful like the first 47 Meters Down, but this was still a fun bloodbath worth diving into if you're a fan of shark flicks. Just check your brain at the docks.
cylackAug 18, 2019
Was not expecting much going in. I saw the first film and thought it was ok. This film has nothing to do with the first film other than sharks are involved. Surprisingly, this film was very good for its genre and a lot better than the firstWas not expecting much going in. I saw the first film and thought it was ok. This film has nothing to do with the first film other than sharks are involved. Surprisingly, this film was very good for its genre and a lot better than the first film. I found it very enjoyable and there were several shocking moments. It's a good summer shark film, nothing more nothing less. Expand
Meth-dudeNov 14, 2019
While technically speaking it's a worse movie than it's predecessor, overall, it's a much more enjoyable and entertaining movie. With bad acting performances, average at best CGI effects, the overuse of slow motion and a truly bafflingWhile technically speaking it's a worse movie than it's predecessor, overall, it's a much more enjoyable and entertaining movie. With bad acting performances, average at best CGI effects, the overuse of slow motion and a truly baffling ending, it can definitely be enjoyed as a guilty pleasure. Expand
PanchogulOct 11, 2019
Debo confesar que no le tenía fe alguna, ya que la primera se me hizo aburrida y con un final patético y sin tacto alguno.

Es entretenida, supera ampliamente a su antecesora, el clímax es enervante pero satisfactorio, no es una maravilla pero tampoco una pesadilla, cumple con entretener pero el ritmo es algo incoherente y llega a estancarse sin rumbo alguno, sin embargo, el tercer acto lo compensa todo.

Lo que sí no me gustó fue el diseño de los tiburones y criaturas marinas en general, parecían sacadas de un videojuego, el grupo de chicas es bastante simpático pero nada del otro mundo, la típica chica que empieza siendo la más débil y termina siendo la mas asertiva, elocuente y superviviente.
Davrosdaleks1Aug 18, 2019
This sequel to the original 47 Meters Down has a group of teenage girls scuba diving in a series of Mayan caves when they become trapped with sharks. Not the greatest shark movie ever, but it has it's moments.

The first film was a relatively

The first film was a relatively grounded, by shark movie standards, horror thriller with more emphasis on the thriller part. I give director Johannes Roberts credit for his choicemaking. Rather than risk retreading water (pardon the pun), which isn't too hard giving the basic nature of shark movies. The movie goes into a completely different tonal direction becoming a more teen-friendly, over-the-top horror thriller with emphasis on the horror.

On more than one occasion when a sequel goes broader, it can be bad news. But, it works here. There are some pretty strong moments of violence and other creative ideas. The final act really dials it up to 11.

The Mayan caves make for a far more interesting setting than the cage surrounded by darkness in the first film. Thoug, some of the earlier scenes can also be a little too murky for their own good. It can also be hard to tell which diver is which half the time; I thought that one person who had died was an entirely different person at first. Still overall, Roberts again demonstrates a pretty good handle on underwater filming.

It's only in the second half that things really get going. The movie strangely grows in quality as it goes on.

Though the movie takes place in Central America, you barely see any Central Americans. Everyone interacting, especially the students at the conveniently existing local international high school, just happen to be American. The character set up is as basic as it gets. Acting is also basic, though Brianne Tju does a brilliant job of selling her fear.

Overall, I like this one better than the first one. The original is definitely the more polished piece, but this one is more entertaining.
JLuis_001Oct 30, 2019
If you like this type of thrills you may enjoy it, otherwise you will get bored quickly with its monotonous and predictable story.
qbaseOct 29, 2019
H ταινία μας μεταφέρει στις μαγευτικές ακτές της Βραζιλίας. Εκεί συναντούμε 4 νεαρές κοπέλες που μοιράζονται την αγάπη τους για τον βυθό. Αυτή τους όμως η ενασχόληση γρήγορα θα γίνει ένας αγώνας επιβιώσεις, με τους καρχαρίες να αναλαμβάνουνH ταινία μας μεταφέρει στις μαγευτικές ακτές της Βραζιλίας. Εκεί συναντούμε 4 νεαρές κοπέλες που μοιράζονται την αγάπη τους για τον βυθό. Αυτή τους όμως η ενασχόληση γρήγορα θα γίνει ένας αγώνας επιβιώσεις, με τους καρχαρίες να αναλαμβάνουν τον πρωταγωνιστικό ρόλο. Expand
HhpjaredAug 21, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was iight............................................................... Expand
TheWhitefireAug 31, 2019
I think a lot of jaded movie critics would have you believe this is a terrible movie. Is it the best? No. But, I think there's a lot of great potential here. By taking a number of twists, by killing characters that in a typical shark filmI think a lot of jaded movie critics would have you believe this is a terrible movie. Is it the best? No. But, I think there's a lot of great potential here. By taking a number of twists, by killing characters that in a typical shark film would be the great saviours, some genius uses of lighting later in the film, and once the film gets going, it doesn't let up. Some hacky acting, unearned jump-scares, and thinness in the script do drag the film down a bit, but overall I found it to be an enjoyable popcorn movie and well worth seeing in the cheap-theatres. Expand
ajzeg01Jan 10, 2020
I guess I’ll start this review off with my thoughts on the first 47 Meters Down. While it had a stupid story with dumb characters, I actually enjoyed it a lot. The whole Gravity meets Jaws with some elements taken from 127 Hours or Gerald’sI guess I’ll start this review off with my thoughts on the first 47 Meters Down. While it had a stupid story with dumb characters, I actually enjoyed it a lot. The whole Gravity meets Jaws with some elements taken from 127 Hours or Gerald’s Game was a great concept that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time! It wasn’t nearly as good as any of the before mentioned films, but as far as schlocky horror movies go you could do a lot worse. That being said, I did not enjoy the sequel very much at all. First of all, it has NOTHING to do with the first movie! No returning characters and no continuing plot threads are to be found. It may as well be a remake with how much it rehashes the plot of the first movie, only much dumber. The first movie, for the most part, kept itself grounded in reality. You could see something like it happening in real life. In Uncaged, it leans a little too hard into sci-fi territory for me to take it seriously. While the first movie had genuine suspense and thrills, this movie just throws a bunch of jumpscares at you, which don’t really make any sense. While the first movie actually looked pretty good, this movie looks like crap. It’s so dark you can’t see anything and the CGI mutant sharks look terrible. Also, despite taking place in an enclosed environment, I didn’t feel any tension or claustrophobia. The first movie felt way more tense and claustrophobic even though it took place in the open ocean. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but something just felt off in Uncaged. There were some cool moments, but overall it was inferior to the first movie in every way. Do not watch this movie! It’s a waste of time. Just watch the first one or, better yet, Gravity or Jaws. Expand
Lee89Sep 22, 2019
Bad storyline with really no story at all. Bad special effects. No built up. Just bad.
Hellhound80Nov 18, 2019
First movie was good this one didnt do it for me personally it has the jump scares there but i found myself looking around for things to do which isn't good if watching a movie.