Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: August 16, 2019
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 57 Ratings
Watch Now
TryASummersaultAug 18, 2019
The first film; 47 meters down was a simplistic well executed shark survival film that had enough going for it to be a solid entry into the depths of shark films albeit cliche.
This adds more intensity with a faster pace and some more
This adds more intensity with a faster pace and some more action/scares throughout. Director Johannes Roberts clearly had a bigger budget as he was able to have much better set pieces and expanded settings in the underwater cave ruins and it works very well for the overall story and atmosphere. The actors may not be upper echelon, but they serve their purpose for the story. The colors and visuals are phenomenal and the cgi sharks look a lot better this time around. There are even some unexpected moments you won't see coming that i commend them for attempting. Overall a pretty enjoyable shark film with a terrific original setting concept that amplifies the intensity.
Hugi09Aug 16, 2019
C’est un très bon film de requins !!!! Mais je préfère quand même 47 meters down qui est le meilleur de requins pour moi !
TheQuietGamerNov 24, 2019
Much more of a B-movie than I was expecting. If it were any more ridiculous it would have released as a Syfy original. There's even the straight-to-DVD quality CGI sharks and everything. Luckily, Johannes Roberts is great at deliveringMuch more of a B-movie than I was expecting. If it were any more ridiculous it would have released as a Syfy original. There's even the straight-to-DVD quality CGI sharks and everything. Luckily, Johannes Roberts is great at delivering thrills. Otherwise this would have been straight trash. There are some genuinely tense moments and the kills are satisfyingly brutal. Plus the premise and setting are awesome.

The submerged Mayan ruins are gorgeous and a cool location for the action to take place. They make for a more expansive hunting ground than what we got in the first film, but still manage to come off just as tight and claustrophobic. Of course, sharks are once again not the only danger the characters face. Their ever-draining oxygen supply and inability to reach surface level are just as big of threats, adding a little more suspense to the mix. It all requires a lot of suspension of disbelief however, and the movie is going to be dead in the water for a lot of people because of that.

Uncaged in no way cares about reality. Roberts' only concern is making sure we have a good time and he isn't going to let a little thing like logic get in the way of that. As a result there are moments so absurd they serve to take even a schlock appreciator like me out of the experience. Yet even at its dumbest I was still having a blast. The expanded cast naturally leads to a higher body count, and the deaths themselves often pop out of nowhere catching you completely off guard. If there's ever going to be a third movie I definitely want Roberts to do something more grounded and thoughtful like the first 47 Meters Down, but this was still a fun bloodbath worth diving into if you're a fan of shark flicks. Just check your brain at the docks.
cylackAug 18, 2019
Was not expecting much going in. I saw the first film and thought it was ok. This film has nothing to do with the first film other than sharks are involved. Surprisingly, this film was very good for its genre and a lot better than the firstWas not expecting much going in. I saw the first film and thought it was ok. This film has nothing to do with the first film other than sharks are involved. Surprisingly, this film was very good for its genre and a lot better than the first film. I found it very enjoyable and there were several shocking moments. It's a good summer shark film, nothing more nothing less. Expand
eagleeyevikingMar 18, 2020
"47 Meters Down: Uncaged" is an entertaining and appropriately claustrophobic shark chompfest even if many scenes and decisions taken don't make logical sense.
PanchogulOct 11, 2019
Debo confesar que no le tenía fe alguna, ya que la primera se me hizo aburrida y con un final patético y sin tacto alguno.

Es entretenida, supera ampliamente a su antecesora, el clímax es enervante pero satisfactorio, no es una maravilla pero tampoco una pesadilla, cumple con entretener pero el ritmo es algo incoherente y llega a estancarse sin rumbo alguno, sin embargo, el tercer acto lo compensa todo.

Lo que sí no me gustó fue el diseño de los tiburones y criaturas marinas en general, parecían sacadas de un videojuego, el grupo de chicas es bastante simpático pero nada del otro mundo, la típica chica que empieza siendo la más débil y termina siendo la mas asertiva, elocuente y superviviente.
Davrosdaleks1Aug 18, 2019
This sequel to the original 47 Meters Down has a group of teenage girls scuba diving in a series of Mayan caves when they become trapped with sharks. Not the greatest shark movie ever, but it has it's moments.

The first film was a relatively

The first film was a relatively grounded, by shark movie standards, horror thriller with more emphasis on the thriller part. I give director Johannes Roberts credit for his choicemaking. Rather than risk retreading water (pardon the pun), which isn't too hard giving the basic nature of shark movies. The movie goes into a completely different tonal direction becoming a more teen-friendly, over-the-top horror thriller with emphasis on the horror.

On more than one occasion when a sequel goes broader, it can be bad news. But, it works here. There are some pretty strong moments of violence and other creative ideas. The final act really dials it up to 11.

The Mayan caves make for a far more interesting setting than the cage surrounded by darkness in the first film. Thoug, some of the earlier scenes can also be a little too murky for their own good. It can also be hard to tell which diver is which half the time; I thought that one person who had died was an entirely different person at first. Still overall, Roberts again demonstrates a pretty good handle on underwater filming.

It's only in the second half that things really get going. The movie strangely grows in quality as it goes on.

Though the movie takes place in Central America, you barely see any Central Americans. Everyone interacting, especially the students at the conveniently existing local international high school, just happen to be American. The character set up is as basic as it gets. Acting is also basic, though Brianne Tju does a brilliant job of selling her fear.

Overall, I like this one better than the first one. The original is definitely the more polished piece, but this one is more entertaining.
Rcavey92212Apr 2, 2020
I enjoyed this while in theaters but I found it a touch lackluster compared to the criminally underrated original. Upon watching it again I have to say I enjoyed it much more. Whereas the original film was a clever slow burn with a twistI enjoyed this while in theaters but I found it a touch lackluster compared to the criminally underrated original. Upon watching it again I have to say I enjoyed it much more. Whereas the original film was a clever slow burn with a twist ending , this one is a full fledged roller coaster ride. It's all about the jumps and screams and stylish atmosphere. And the film is really fun and entertaining. The film centers on a group of girls who decide to explore an underwater city. While there, they become entrapped and are attacked by blind sharks. They quickly have to try and race to the surface before their air runs out. It's a silly movie but like I said it's very entertaining and delivers on the things that people want to see in a movie like this. Pure carnage.

Budget: $12m
Domestic Box Office: $22m
Worldwide Box Office: $47m

3.5/5
qbaseOct 29, 2019
H ταινία μας μεταφέρει στις μαγευτικές ακτές της Βραζιλίας. Εκεί συναντούμε 4 νεαρές κοπέλες που μοιράζονται την αγάπη τους για τον βυθό. Αυτή τους όμως η ενασχόληση γρήγορα θα γίνει ένας αγώνας επιβιώσεις, με τους καρχαρίες να αναλαμβάνουνH ταινία μας μεταφέρει στις μαγευτικές ακτές της Βραζιλίας. Εκεί συναντούμε 4 νεαρές κοπέλες που μοιράζονται την αγάπη τους για τον βυθό. Αυτή τους όμως η ενασχόληση γρήγορα θα γίνει ένας αγώνας επιβιώσεις, με τους καρχαρίες να αναλαμβάνουν τον πρωταγωνιστικό ρόλο. Expand
HhpjaredAug 21, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was iight............................................................... Expand
TheWhitefireAug 31, 2019
I think a lot of jaded movie critics would have you believe this is a terrible movie. Is it the best? No. But, I think there's a lot of great potential here. By taking a number of twists, by killing characters that in a typical shark filmI think a lot of jaded movie critics would have you believe this is a terrible movie. Is it the best? No. But, I think there's a lot of great potential here. By taking a number of twists, by killing characters that in a typical shark film would be the great saviours, some genius uses of lighting later in the film, and once the film gets going, it doesn't let up. Some hacky acting, unearned jump-scares, and thinness in the script do drag the film down a bit, but overall I found it to be an enjoyable popcorn movie and well worth seeing in the cheap-theatres. Expand