Wolfe Releasing | Release Date: August 14, 2019
0.0
Overwhelming dislike based on 8 Ratings
Watch Now
AwoonSep 25, 2019
The movie brands itself as being LGBT friendly, but in reality is just the insanity of a single woman's mind and lack of understanding. Don't waste your time watching it.
EnvyDivineFeb 11, 2020
This is an out-of-touch movie about queer and trans culture that makes it seem like you can be cured of being a lesbian by being raped by a man. Not worth the watch.
Peachpark13Feb 13, 2020
The worst movie of 2019, maybe the decade! This movie was a mess of transphobic and homophobic tropes which made me, as a trans man, extremely uncomfortable. For a more in-depth examination of why it missed the mark so much, there are plentyThe worst movie of 2019, maybe the decade! This movie was a mess of transphobic and homophobic tropes which made me, as a trans man, extremely uncomfortable. For a more in-depth examination of why it missed the mark so much, there are plenty of other reviews out there that explain it much better than I could, but basically, equating trans men to Butch lesbians & implying that a cis man in disguise was out to manipulate a lesbian woman into "turning straight", really all plays into actual harmful stereotypes of the trans-masculine community. It's not funny, it's not representative of any part of the community I know, and is a pretty disgusting way to treat the community the director is part of. Even the trans actors in it have said they didn't know what they were signing up for with this movie, and would have never been a part of it had they known.
Despite what critics may say, it's not "art" or "edgy", it's just bigotry in disguise (and not a good one.) They aren't trans, and they don't have to deal with transphobes and homophobes on the daily, so I'm sure it's a lot easier for them to give it a better score for it's attempt, but honestly if I could give it negative stars I would. There's plenty of non-harmful queer media out there now, I recommend any of it over this.
jaydenbluesFeb 14, 2020
disgusting. do not watch. its incredibly harmful to the lgbt community. the fact it is listed as lgbt friendly is a joke