Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: May 22, 1992
6.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 277 Ratings
Watch Now
imthenoobMay 11, 2020
Aliens 3 is what happens when you have a painfully bad production, including but not limited to shooting without a script. They stripped away everything built up in Aliens for no reason and it ended up being this total mess of a film. It'sAliens 3 is what happens when you have a painfully bad production, including but not limited to shooting without a script. They stripped away everything built up in Aliens for no reason and it ended up being this total mess of a film. It's painfully boring, slow paced and fails to excite you like the previous films. Expand
GarethBOct 9, 2018
What a step down that wastes the end of the last film and replaces it with a rather dull story with bad effects.
FuturedirectorJun 25, 2017
Taking excessive unnecessary risks on the franchise and an unsatisfying mound of flawed-scares, Alien 3 is just an unremarkable sequel for Scott's Alien saga.
RickyReviewsJun 24, 2016
After Alien, the series went downhill a bit, starting with the action movie Aliens, which received higher scores for some unknown reason. Alien 3 is a gore fest, with guts and blood, and at least 80% of the sentences spoken say the f word.After Alien, the series went downhill a bit, starting with the action movie Aliens, which received higher scores for some unknown reason. Alien 3 is a gore fest, with guts and blood, and at least 80% of the sentences spoken say the f word. Effects are bad. James Cameron couldn't do justice to the series, and neither can whoever directed this. Expand
lukechristianscDec 6, 2014
i love the first alien and the sequel but i did not like Alien3 that much , yes it was entertaining of course but who thought that killing Sigourney Weaver's Character Ellen Ripley was a good idea? that is what i like to know thanks a loti love the first alien and the sequel but i did not like Alien3 that much , yes it was entertaining of course but who thought that killing Sigourney Weaver's Character Ellen Ripley was a good idea? that is what i like to know thanks a lot Larry Ferguson, David Giler, Walter Hill you destroyed the alien franchise by killing characters from "Aliens" who survived they killed Newt thats what sucks. The cinematography was good in Alien 3 , by the way i love the direction from David Fincher the only problem with this is movie is the script. Grade C+ Expand
Incubus96Oct 8, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Worst movie of the Alien franchise the film starts of with a massive plot hole with how did the eggs get aboard the Sulaco which is never explained and doesn't really make sense since the queen essentially attacked Ripley as soon as she got off the drop ship.Plus by the third films own logic the Sulaco should of been able to detect the egg for example when Ripley and the remains of Bishop access the escape modules recorder it managed to detect an unknown life form. Not too mention the treatment of Hicks and Newt characters people really liked by killing them off which is a slap in the face to fans of the previous film.
Besides Ripley none of the characters were really memorable they all kind of blended together and the way Andrews described them the sought of people you'd like to see a xenomorph tear apart.
The production problems this film had shows especially when you compare the original release to the Assembly cut the poor editing with the original version shows.
The ending of the film was pretty well executed with Ripley sacrifices herself to prevent the company from getting the creature and the films music was nicely done but other then that a real let down.
LepstrungJan 10, 2016
First alien movie was good, second was ok but this seems like it has been made only to make alien a trilogy. People seem like idiot and alien looks so fake and runs like idiot. First two were clearlly better.
akshatmahajanSep 27, 2020
Alien 3 is the worst movie you will see in Alien franchise. I was expecting a lot after I came to know that it is directed by David Fincher film but all my expectations dropped with every minute of this movie.

Not a single moment of this

Not a single moment of this film is frightening. We see all the "scares" coming, when they should be unexpected. The death scenes were bad. Newt was unnessarily shown killed in starting. All the new characters did bad acting and didn't had any character development. They only seem to be there so they can get killed by the alien. I am shocked that how this movie got Oscars for Best Visual Effects. They were so bad. This movie has nothing good in it. It caused me headache. Overall, I will not recommend this movie to anyone; not even my enemy.
DobianJun 12, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is no need for me to give a long review of this film because it commits an unforgivable sin at the very start. We learn that both Newt and Bishop were killed in transit by a stowaway alien after the events of Aliens. This effectively and completely renders ALL of what transpired in Aliens pointless. Ripley's heroic rescue of Newt and the defeat of the alien queen were all for nothing. Not to mention, the relating of this outcome in Alien 3 made both Ripley and Bishop out to be complete idiots for not doing a thorough check of the ship after dispatching the egg-laying queen. Unbelievable butchering of the story simply to set up the third film. Alien 3's singular achievement was to destroy Aliens. For that reason I don't even consider the third film as canon, and as far as I'm concerned the story ended after the second film. I only give Alien 3 a 2 for the performances of Sigourney Weaver and Charles Dutton. Otherwise it's a 0. Expand
Kai82Nov 9, 2020
Ruined by development hell and a massive disappointment. After some thought over the years I think there is maybe a great movie underneath with concepts and psychological themes that I cant appreciate. However lets start with the developmentRuined by development hell and a massive disappointment. After some thought over the years I think there is maybe a great movie underneath with concepts and psychological themes that I cant appreciate. However lets start with the development (hell): Many ideas and scripts were made. There was the idea of a wooden artificial planet or moon with monks, Hicks (Michael Biehn) as main actor, Earth as setting (this information came to public attention and harmed the movie) or the Alien home-world as setting to name a view. As you see there were some ideas with potential. Sadly they made this mess. One unforgiving mistake was negating the outcome of Alien 2. Wont spoil this but you will immediately note that they negate something important and this harms the movie and viewers expectations. Back to the story. After the events of the last movie Ellen Ripley played by Sigourney Weaver stranded on Fury 161 which is a prison colony. She is rescued but something survived too. Sounds promising and I can retell the story in a way that you will be hyped. Sadly the movie cant keep up. It has not the fear suspense and intensity of the first movie nor the action, emotions and immersion of the second movie. I am hesitating to call it boring and it is maybe uninteresting for me. Many other share however this opinion. It lacks to much we liked from the prequels. Like I said before maybe the psychological and sociological themes are great but this has no appeal for me and the mainstream. The special effects are a mixed bag and I later read that they rejected most of H. R. Gigers ideas for this movies which explains a lot. The ending however is great and a good conclusion except everyone knows that a successful franchise will always be continued. I think that the sets look fine and the atmosphere looks like the thing they want to archive. I cant rate the acting properly. On one hand I think everyone did a great job but on the other hand I dislike what they archived or aimed for. Would explain it with an excellent opera when you dislike opera in general and have no idea what they want to tell. Overall this was a disappointment for nearly everyone but financially successful enough to continue the franchise. Like most fans I will ignore that this movie exists and cant recommend it. Expand
DaveOakenshieldJan 12, 2021
No spoilers here, I just simply want to say - **** THIS FILM!!! That's it, that's the review.