Netflix | Release Date: May 31, 2019
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 59 Ratings
Watch Now
jusbeinrealJun 14, 2019
Super well done light romantic comedy with lots of heart. Wong and Park have great chemistry and I hope they work together again. Highly recommend.
angellieproduceJun 11, 2019
This film has all the elements of a classic rom-com. Ali Wong is strong, fearless, truthful, and hilarious. It's sexy but not explicit, funny but not vulgar. There's nothing extra special about the filmmaking techniques, but the music andThis film has all the elements of a classic rom-com. Ali Wong is strong, fearless, truthful, and hilarious. It's sexy but not explicit, funny but not vulgar. There's nothing extra special about the filmmaking techniques, but the music and score will bring back all your fun memories from 15-20 years ago. This film is a family story, an American story and its a PERFECT netflix and chill with artisan pizza type of movie. Expand
Jessica0228Jun 19, 2019
This is better and funnier than crazy rich Asians. Also love the gender equality angle.
AllanbaxterJun 6, 2019
I was totally surprised by how entertaining this film was. I found the writing to be spot on, and I laughed at many of their jokes. I would recommend watching it, you won't regret it.
dharmaJun 2, 2019
Yes folks. This is the sort of thing that Netflix was made for: a middle budgeted romantic comedy that will probably struggles on theatrical release. But here, it flourishes. There is obviously the elephant in the room: its casts are allYes folks. This is the sort of thing that Netflix was made for: a middle budgeted romantic comedy that will probably struggles on theatrical release. But here, it flourishes. There is obviously the elephant in the room: its casts are all Asian Americans, providing a unique perspective to the whole thing. But other than that, it is an extremely well made, yet predictable Rom Com that is so well suited to a streaming service. Expand
BigdavidoJun 1, 2019
Very funny rom com that also tugs at your heart strings. The team behind this is the Asian American A team! Ali Wong and Randall Park show great chemistry (being great lifelong friends IRL) and the rest of the crew rocks. Keanu Reeves andVery funny rom com that also tugs at your heart strings. The team behind this is the Asian American A team! Ali Wong and Randall Park show great chemistry (being great lifelong friends IRL) and the rest of the crew rocks. Keanu Reeves and Daniel Dae Kim are hilarious as caricatures of the worst boyfriends possible. This is like the modern day When Harry Met Sally. There's a ton in this movie. A rom com first but also a movie about women empowerment and independence. A loving glimpse into Asian American culture without the over explaining bc it's more fun to just dive in. The dim sum with the aunties giving Marcus (Randall) extra shumais I was hilarious! I almost fell of my chair. I can't say enough good things. I am definitely one of the fans that was waiting a bated breath and high expectoration a when this dropped. It did not disappoint! Go watch it w your significant other - it's good for your relationship! Expand
SmirkJun 1, 2019
I can see that they were trying to cash in on the whole "Crazy Rich Asians" thing with two Asian leads and somewhat of an Asian theme, they missed the whole Asian culture and backdrop. Overall, it bumbles along as a very predictableI can see that they were trying to cash in on the whole "Crazy Rich Asians" thing with two Asian leads and somewhat of an Asian theme, they missed the whole Asian culture and backdrop. Overall, it bumbles along as a very predictable nothingness: nothing too great, just a few small touching moments, and nothing to write home about. My problem with this is that Marcus has absolutely no redeeming qualities except the boy who made her laugh and who's family looked after her. That's not enough for me, even with the "power of love". I won't be watching this again, not even if there's nothing else on. Expand
JLuis_001Jun 4, 2019
Predictable by all means. But Keanu Reeves appearance was pretty good and when that's the best part of your film you kinda know the limits of its reach and quality.
DaddypancakesJun 16, 2019
Another boring uninspired **** comedy, But hey now it has Asian people, wohoo diversity. Seriously if this movie didn’t have Ali-Wong nobody would give a **** about this. Why do people like this movie. Have our standards for what makes a goodAnother boring uninspired **** comedy, But hey now it has Asian people, wohoo diversity. Seriously if this movie didn’t have Ali-Wong nobody would give a **** about this. Why do people like this movie. Have our standards for what makes a good comedy become this low. What happened to the great creative comedy’s Dr Strangelove, Ferris Bueller, Scott Pilgrim. Is this the **** that we should expect from now on. cinematography and directing is flat. The acting is average, it wasn’t funny or romantic, and it was just boring. Expand
KeanuReevesJun 6, 2019
Im awesome in this film Money doesn't mean anything to me. I've made a lot of money, but i want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels.
happychappJun 8, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Strange movie that had potential but then quickly disintegrates once the two lead characters "find love" and then you have a series of poor "romantic" scenes where they show their love for each other. Poor direction, and an utter waste of time. Also rips off Notting Hill towards the end. This is what i would expect film students to produce as their end of year project. Expand
ThisisanameJun 9, 2019
This movie is truly a great, funny, feel-good movie that is a must see. It contains amazing character relationship development and truly makes the viewer happy.
Mokka_CupcakeJun 15, 2019
After seing the trailer I wanted to see the movie but I felt disappointed, it starts strong but soon goes down hill.
The Keanu Reeves drama resolves pretty early and quickly and from there is the most generic romcom it can be but at least the ending credits song is good.
MercantilismJun 21, 2019
Mediocre at best.
Mediocre at best.
A series of pointless scenes with no actual consequence, one after another acting only as plot device. The story is unorganized and I felt meh throughout the entire movie. Jokes are bad and immature. Ali Wong is not a good comedian either.
mstiversJun 9, 2019
This is a rom-com that hits a lot of the familiar plot points. And the two principals, playing old friends who rekindle their spark, generate way more laughs than erotic heat. But I can recommend the Asian/San Francisco setting, send-up ofThis is a rom-com that hits a lot of the familiar plot points. And the two principals, playing old friends who rekindle their spark, generate way more laughs than erotic heat. But I can recommend the Asian/San Francisco setting, send-up of high-end food culture and especially a standout cameo by Keanu Reeves, playing a hilariously toxic version of himself. Expand
Meth-dudeJun 5, 2019
Despite all the clichés and the predictableness of the plot, it's still a more than decent romantic comedy. It was actually emotional and funny, the characters were likable, the acting was good and the soundtrack was fun. Always Be My MaybeDespite all the clichés and the predictableness of the plot, it's still a more than decent romantic comedy. It was actually emotional and funny, the characters were likable, the acting was good and the soundtrack was fun. Always Be My Maybe is a surprisingly good movie that any romcom fans will like. Expand
mohamad91hkJun 14, 2019
One of the best rom-com movies I have ever seen, I didn't watch an amazing rom-com movie since long time, because most of them have the same cliche, but the comedy part is what makes the movie different from another.

''Always Be My Maybe''

''Always Be My Maybe'' has a nice comedian that makes you laugh a lot, performed by an amazing couple: Ali Wong & Randall Park, beside the star Keanu Reeves who participates in a few scenes, but it gave the movie more popularity.

If you like these types of movie, you must watch this one, don't listen to the negative reviews.
swelleanorJun 15, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been disappointed by most of the Netflix original movies I've watched, but this was thoroughly enjoyable. I laughed a lot and enjoyed the emotional arc. I noticed that a lot of the reviews complain that this movie is predictable, but I don't think romantic comedies really are supposed to have a twist ending. It's satisfying to see the lead characters you've been rooting for be happy together in the end, and I think this movie did a good job with the character growth, and selling the chemistry between the leads. Really, this movie is shockingly good. Expand
ARGzelderJun 9, 2019
Una de las grandes sorpresas de Netflix es sin dudas "Always be my maybe" una comedia romántica que puede tener una trama obvia pero el viaje hasta el final es muy satisfactorio.
La historia se centra en Sasha Tran, quien creció junto a
La historia se centra en Sasha Tran, quien creció junto a Marcus Kim y el tiempo compartido llevó a que tuvieran algo sin resolver. Años más Sasha como una famosa Chef vuelve a encontrarse con Marcus justo tras una separación previo a su casamiento.
La historia es muy obvia, ambos terminarán juntos, pero la travesía esta llena de humor y momentos emocionales. El desempeño de Randall Park es extraordinaria, él es quien aporta mucha gracia con sus canciones y su actuación. Sin mencionar su gran química con Ali Wong.
Si hay un por menor con esta película son los personajes secundarios, quienes apenas suman a la historia más que para alguna broma.
En general es una película recomendable, el desarrollo de personajes hace que esta comedia romántica sea muy entretenida y satisfactoria.
thefakepierreJun 2, 2019
I don't about some cringe lines, but it is still a fun rom-com. Keanu Reeves is one of the in this movie. A must see for simple fun movie night.
KarincurtisJun 4, 2019
Smart and entertaining romantic comedy. Ali Wong was amazing. I also really loved the Keanu Reeves cameo. Highly recommend
SethuelsJun 7, 2019
People on this site seem very upset by the idea that there can be a movie whose characters happen to be Asian. But this is a fantastic RomCom, with the characters’ and actors’ background as incidental to the plot as any movie about ItaliansPeople on this site seem very upset by the idea that there can be a movie whose characters happen to be Asian. But this is a fantastic RomCom, with the characters’ and actors’ background as incidental to the plot as any movie about Italians in Brooklyn or Irish kids from Boston. If all you’re seeing is a movie about Asians, you’re completely missing the point.

The simple fact is that Ali Wong and Randall Park wrote themselves a hilarious showcase for their immense talents. Park in particular breaks out a number of skills I didn’t know he had. Beyond that, while it does echo several common RomCom tropes, it does so in ways that don’t feel forced. The movie doesn’t break much new ground beyond its portrayal of a culture that otherwise gets very little screen time, but it doesn’t need to. It’s a RomCom, and it’s one that is funny, charming, and hits you in all the feels. I was sad when it was over, and that’s not something I often say about movies in this genre.
ddmartinJun 8, 2019
Above average rom-com, despite its predictability. Funny, but nothing special.