Focus Features | Release Date: July 28, 2017
6.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 350 Ratings
Watch Now
EvilgeniusnzJan 3, 2018
I really wanted to like this movie. There are moments where it lives up to it's promise but overall the characters are weak and poorly developed, there is no chemistry between the actors/actresses, the pacing is slow and I found myselfI really wanted to like this movie. There are moments where it lives up to it's promise but overall the characters are weak and poorly developed, there is no chemistry between the actors/actresses, the pacing is slow and I found myself struggling to buy into the movie. It felt like it was missing the snappy script or direction of say 'lock, stock and two smoking barrels' which it could have done well to emulate. It just wasn't a fun experience. Expand
IttiacesAug 14, 2017
In spite of a strong cast and an established narrative this endeavour by director David Leitch just seemed to fall flat. I was very much looking forward to a female driven action movie with Theron in the staring role. Going by the trailer itIn spite of a strong cast and an established narrative this endeavour by director David Leitch just seemed to fall flat. I was very much looking forward to a female driven action movie with Theron in the staring role. Going by the trailer it seemed to have all the elements of something incredibly memorable.

I was bored during a large section of this film which is a real shame. It’s not fast paced and could have done with a few more action scenes. Theron has great physicality and I wanted to see more of that. James McAvoy looked a bit too pretty for his somewhat gritty role and, for me, made the character less intimidating than he should have been. Theron, although an excellent actress, played a very one dimensional character which didn’t encourage any real emotional investment from the audience. There are positives, the sets are great and I very much liked the neon stylised look that captured a fun but exaggerated setting for 80s Berlin. The retro soundtrack was enjoyable and definitely added to the overall ambience. The film stands outside the usual hollywood formula for action movies which I admired and Theron was not portrayed as a superhero but rather a skilled individual with real vulnerability. Overall, it’s not amazing but worth a look if you’re up for something different.
LamontRaymondJul 28, 2017
Unlike John Wick or even Jack Reacher, this film is totally devoid of pacing and even the slightest bit of humor. As a result, it feels staid, and, at times, boring. Which is a shame because the action sequences are amazing, the songs areUnlike John Wick or even Jack Reacher, this film is totally devoid of pacing and even the slightest bit of humor. As a result, it feels staid, and, at times, boring. Which is a shame because the action sequences are amazing, the songs are perfect, and the visuals are perfect. Simply no connective tissue, and no real reason to empathize with the characters. Expand
Rebecca31Aug 12, 2017
It’s Charlize Theron beating absolutely everyone to a bloody pulp to a brilliant movie soundtrack. What more do you want in an action movie? Seriously don’t expect much more than that because you won’t get it. Don’t expect a riveting spyIt’s Charlize Theron beating absolutely everyone to a bloody pulp to a brilliant movie soundtrack. What more do you want in an action movie? Seriously don’t expect much more than that because you won’t get it. Don’t expect a riveting spy story set during the fall of the Berlin Wall. It moves from scene to scene in a series of brilliant cinematography and colours. A painfully generic and predictable story with no surprises in store for you, nothing that stands out. The only positive outcome of this is there is nothing to distract you from the gritty fight scenes of which there are many. And where the story fails you the stunts certainly make up for it and then some. Charlize is performing most of her own stunts and it really shows. Perfect casting, she is the female action hero we not only deserve but need right now.
I really enjoyed Atomic Blonde but I couldn’t help thinking that it should have been that little bit better, and although there’s nothing in the story that will stick in your mind there are some truly unforgettable fight scenes so if you love a good action flick don’t miss Atomic Blonde. Recommended.
nedykenAug 2, 2017
Two hours of Charlize Theron smoking cigarettes to a banging soundtrack of 80s pop hits. This movie is the epitome of "style over substance". There's a couple decent action scenes and some interesting John Wick-esque lighting (dimly litTwo hours of Charlize Theron smoking cigarettes to a banging soundtrack of 80s pop hits. This movie is the epitome of "style over substance". There's a couple decent action scenes and some interesting John Wick-esque lighting (dimly lit neon hues). There's an interesting vibe there, but it's mostly from the soundtrack. It uses music as a crutch. Without the pop songs, this movie would be insufferably dull. Expand
PopcornNMoviesJul 28, 2017
Leitch does a fantastic job choreographing the action sequences, but misses the mark in every other instance. Atomic Blonde is filled with a fairly basic plot that gets so muddled and confusing by the constant misdirection that the story andLeitch does a fantastic job choreographing the action sequences, but misses the mark in every other instance. Atomic Blonde is filled with a fairly basic plot that gets so muddled and confusing by the constant misdirection that the story and characters lose meaning and motivation. A highly stylized film with one of the worst use of a soundtrack I've ever heard. The music cues take over scenes. For a movie with lively characters, there not a lot of life in them. Expand
BrianMcCriticNov 16, 2017
A film that had a lot going for it, but lacked the story to fully deliver. You can find yourself swept up in the dynamic action scenes but still realize you don't care about very much that's going on. B-
shpostalAug 5, 2017
Talk about a dud where no spoiler alerts are necessary. "Atomic Blonde" is exactly what you would expect: a James Bond style shallow character in the form of Charlize Theron, who predictably goes to East Berlin just immediatelyTalk about a dud where no spoiler alerts are necessary. "Atomic Blonde" is exactly what you would expect: a James Bond style shallow character in the form of Charlize Theron, who predictably goes to East Berlin just immediately before the wall comes down to track down "The List", a dossier the Soviet Union, Britain and the U.S. agents would all love to get their greedy little mitts on before the wall falls. The movie has its moments as far as setting, and the potential for a fairly gripping spy drama, but it's never approached. Not even the usually great James McAvoy can save this dog. Besides the ridiculous notion that one blonde superspy can literally kick the asses of every bad guy behind the Iron Curtain, dodge every bullet, and generally wreak havoc all over Hell, Theron is about as exciting to watch as toadstools growing in my yard after a good rain. Her delivery is deadpan, and absolutely unconvincing as well, anything. It's just cheesecake with nothing going for it except a few sex scenes, and McAvoy's attempts to at least act compelling. Bang, blow up, run, show off your butt, rinse and repeat. Theron is a dud and this movie makes you yearn for something more believable, like one of the "Fast and Furious" movies. It's that low. Expand
someone132Aug 12, 2017
Atomic Blonde is stylish and very well-shot, but gets increasingly dumb as it keeps on going. Same is true of many action films, of course: the problem here is that it's more of a spy drama, and latter half simply doesn't have enough actionAtomic Blonde is stylish and very well-shot, but gets increasingly dumb as it keeps on going. Same is true of many action films, of course: the problem here is that it's more of a spy drama, and latter half simply doesn't have enough action to distract you from how transparent and perfunctory the plot beats become.

As it is, the film has several cool action scenes at first, but literally peaks midway through, at a 10-minute long fight scene inside an empty apartment block, which is torturous in a good way: neither Theron's character nor her assailants have the weapons to end it quickly, and so they end up wearing each other down with bloody,yet inconclusive wounds. At certain points, they are both forced to stop and catch their breath for a while, before slowly continuing to fight. It's a little reminiscent of the final showdown in The Revenant, now that I think about it.

Afterwards, though, there's literally nothing special. Most characters either predictably die or end up irrelevant, someone suspected of being a traitor an hour ago lives up to it, and the final twist exposes a myriad of plotholes, and makes the behaviour of several characters largely inexplicable. There's not much thematic weight either: lesbian romantic line is just there, and while you are regularly reminded of Berlin Wall's impending fall through the incessant TV broadcasts, the main plotline and characters are completely independent of it, with not much actual reflection, or accompanying existential dread on GDR side.
saintdeckyAug 19, 2017
Atomic Blonde? More like Atomic Bland!!!! hahahaha. Anyways, Atomic Blonde is a slow-moving, borderline boring movie with okay action for the most part (besides the staircase fight) and dull plot.

Characters: The characters aren't too bad:

Characters: The characters aren't too bad: their motives are sort of there, but I don't really feel connected to any of the main characters besides Lorraine, as Theron portrayed her well and I actually felt like she was more of a real person. One problem I have with the movie is that Theron and McAvoy's characters don't really spend enough time together, and the time they do spend together they spend not liking each other. They didn't have chemistry whatsoever, so when the twists and turns at the end rolled out, I didn't feel satisfied.

Acting: As I said, Theron was pretty good, but everyone else was okay. I really like James McAvoy, as he was very good in Split, and he was fine in this I guess. I wasn't too interested in his character throughout, though.

Plot: The story was not particularly interesting to me, and somewhat boring. The worst scenes were the ones in the interrogation room, simply because they seemed neverending and were only there to describe the sometimes confusing plot. It was pretty predictable throughout, and the twists weren't particularly great. Twists like this movie pulled off should have the audience like "woooah!! (blank) was actually (blank) all along! I can't believe it!" but this movie just made me feel like "oh. Cool." The plot is a typical spy thriller movie, and it would have an excuse if it had good action, but it doesn't enough of that either.

Action: Considering the director, David Leitch, was one of the two directors of both John Wick movies, and I consider the first one to be one of the most realistic if not one of the best action movies, this movie didn't quite capture the same action. It's not even that the action was different; the action remains relatively similar to the action in John Wick. Longer takes with little cutting for the most part, realistic gun mechanics and fighting. The action is still a bit similar, but doesn't capture the same feel as it did in John Wick. There also wasn't enough to me. The movie is only 1 hour and 54 minutes, but still didn't have enough to interest me in the story and movie. Don't get me wrong, most of the action was shot and choreographed very well, and is much better than a lot of modern action movies, but I wished there was more of it. I also didn't really feel attached to the characters and plot anyways, taking away from the experience. I didn't even know who I was rooting for in a few scenes. In John Wick, you know his motivations, and you sympathize for him, making you cheer for him when he takes down multiple men. But when a character you don't really know or care for fights, it takes away from some, not all, the experience. Some action movies can pull this off, but this one didn't. But I especially want to talk about the staircase fight scene, which was all one take and was nearly perfect. It was choreographed so well and immersed me into the fighting, something the rest of the action lacked, I felt. It was realistic and violent, and all I really wanted out of this movie: awesome fighting and action, without need of much of a story. John Wick's story is basically some guys killed his dog and destroyed his car that his wife, who died, gave to him. He gets mad and seeks revenge, killing hundreds of men, making for great action. But this movie paid more attention to the plot, with a few action scenes. Of course, just because John Wick didn't have much of a plot and was still good, it doesn't mean this movie had to, but since this movie focused so much on the plot that wasn't interesting, it takes away from the experience. Also, there is one really good scene with umbrellas halfway through before the staircase fight, which also resembled the cool action movie that probably would have been better.

Music: The music is very techno-electronic and loud. I didn't really have a problem with it, except for the scenes where the music is forced in. For example, there are scenes where Theron is just walking down the street, and techno music is blaring. Baby Driver got away with playing music over mundane tasks, but it worked because it was choreographed and the music still went with the tone of the scene and movie, and was played constantly throughout. When the only time this music is played is pretty much when someone is walking or not doing much, it doesn't really fit.

Atomic Blonde was a relatively boring movie with pretty good action, though not too much of it. Also, just because a movie is an action movie, I know that doesn't mean it has to have constant action and no story, but countless times a year, action movies are released, some with good, some with bad action, that have bad or boring stories. This movie, is one of those, with good action. All I'm going to say is, you should probably James McAvoid this movie. hehehehe
GinaKAug 7, 2017
I really wanted to like this movie, and was excited to see it, but I can’t recommend it. I can just catalog all the things that went wrong. First of all, the whole film was murky and the look (for me, at least) simply did not work. I was notI really wanted to like this movie, and was excited to see it, but I can’t recommend it. I can just catalog all the things that went wrong. First of all, the whole film was murky and the look (for me, at least) simply did not work. I was not convinced that this was East Berlin at any time in its history. The direction was chaotic and the violence gratuitous, over-the-top, and sometimes actually silly. In what new spot could someone be stabbed, shot, or slashed? The plot was unnecessarily convoluted, and the final twist simply stupid and unconvincing. Both Charlize Theron’s and James McAlvoy’s talents were completely wasted. Yes, Charlize Theron could be a convincing Bond, but please, not with this cloddish director. You need elegance and style to direct a Bond film. Expand
marcmyworksAug 4, 2017
Although there are some terrific fight sequences and a top notch soundtrack, the story is not compelling or cohesive enough to follow. The surprises are not all that surprising and the editing really dumbs down the script.
JLuis_001Oct 15, 2017
To be honest I expected a lot more, it's fun and entertaining but it also takes itself too seriously even though the film is more about the style than substance, there are also a lot of slow passages that mess with the flow and it couldTo be honest I expected a lot more, it's fun and entertaining but it also takes itself too seriously even though the film is more about the style than substance, there are also a lot of slow passages that mess with the flow and it could easily lost a good 20 minutes to make it more compact.

I mean it was good, Charlize Theron is actually pretty good as an action badass, a hundred times better than what she did in Aeon Flux and McAvoy is in the spot as always but I really wanted a more.
ChrisSkyJul 28, 2017
what happens when you get a 40 year old ballet dancer, pretending to be a fighter in a movie, that wants to be a spy thriller? Some of the most "memorable" (in a bad way) "fight scenes" you have ever seen, and "Action" slathered onto a subwhat happens when you get a 40 year old ballet dancer, pretending to be a fighter in a movie, that wants to be a spy thriller? Some of the most "memorable" (in a bad way) "fight scenes" you have ever seen, and "Action" slathered onto a sub par story. Expand
RighterJul 31, 2017
Fantastically boring. Not much to recommend about this movie, except for great sound design (you can hear everything, and the bullets and the punches practically hurt) and one really good fight scene. Everything else is disposable and wouldFantastically boring. Not much to recommend about this movie, except for great sound design (you can hear everything, and the bullets and the punches practically hurt) and one really good fight scene. Everything else is disposable and would have gone straight to video (if such a thing still existed) were it not for the presence of Theron and McAvoy. It's surprising that they wasted their time on a movie like this, and you should avoid doing the same. If you're really curious wait till it's out on some streaming service. Also, annoyingly, it piles on a few unnecessary twists at the end, as though desperate to show you just how smart it thinks it is. Painful. Expand
GreatMartinJul 31, 2017
In the 1940s and 1950s, in my teens, I thought Ava Gardner and Rita Hayworth were two of the most beautiful women in the world and in the 1990s Charlize Theron took over that title. She also added one of the best actresses in “Monster”, atIn the 1940s and 1950s, in my teens, I thought Ava Gardner and Rita Hayworth were two of the most beautiful women in the world and in the 1990s Charlize Theron took over that title. She also added one of the best actresses in “Monster”, at which time I swore if she didn’t win the Oscar I would never go to movies again (Whew! She did!), along with “Mad Max: Fury Road”. In her television ad for Christian Dior’s J’Adore perfume there is no one in the history of movies who walked, walks, as sexy as she does.
As much as I dislike violence the only reason I went to see “Atomic Blonde” was because she was in it and, yes. From first to last frame she is the center of violence. From kicking, hitting, kneeing, punching men in the crouch (OUCH!) to using keys, lamps, heaters, guns, knives, her hands and bodies she disperses her enemies like very few if any actions can or do.
Along with that she can look magnificent stepping out of an ice bath with bruises all over her body, a busted lip, a black eye and just take your breath away. Look at her walking in red stilettos, which she also uses as a weapon, or stepping out of a car with her long legs encased in leather high heel boots or her body wrapped in a sweater dress and you forget all the mayhem, murder and you know she is not only any man’s equal but, in most cases, their superior!
Obviously from her biceps, back muscles, firm, strong body you know she did most, if not all, of the stunts. She also could teach 007 how to make love to men and women!
No one walks like Theron does on screen and could have taught Monroe a few things!
Oh yes, there is a story in “Atomic Blonde”, written by Kurt Johnstad, which like in many action movies doesn’t really make sense and the director, David Leitch, puts his actors through the fights, car chases, interestingly, along with director of photographer, Jonathan Sela adding to the film as does composer Tyler Bates with his soundtrack and the addition of songs that fit each scene, sometimes with a laugh.
There is one long fight sequences with Theron battling one enemy after another, at times 4-5 of them in one shot that certainly will rank among the best on film.
There is a good supporting cast with James McAvoy as her partner standing out, James Goodman and Toby Jones, wasted, Sofia Boutella as a French spy who seduces or is seduced by Theron along with Eddie Marsan, Til Schweiger among others but it is Charlize Theron in every scene that owns the movie.
This is a film, first off, for Charlize Theron admirers, also for those not familiar with her, then action fans, masochists and sadists. Yes there is a lot of violence but I forgot most of it watching Theron hand ling herself and her enemies like she does it every day.
By the way some people left when the screen went black and missed the added on scene explaining what happened near the end.
Lambo442Aug 26, 2017
I thought this looked bad in the trailer but the reality is much worse. You'd think the Director of John Wick would deliver something exciting but instead it's just formulaic nonsense, full of archetypal characters with no depth, nothing atI thought this looked bad in the trailer but the reality is much worse. You'd think the Director of John Wick would deliver something exciting but instead it's just formulaic nonsense, full of archetypal characters with no depth, nothing at all is taken seriously (I know it's fun, but come on?) so it doesn't have the same grittiness as John Wick, which still managed to be humorous. Brutal violence against innocent civilians is glamorised with pumping music, all in an attempt to make the bad guys seem as merciless as possible - I wonder why - to make us want bad things to happen to them. The dialogue is a joke too, with Theron uttering obscenities like (co!ksucker) in a dodgy English accent. I mean, what's wrong with sucking co!ks, even if You're a man? This is 2017 and a homophobic lead, great. The actors also have to drop the F bomb at least twice in every sentence too as the writers are too dumb to create full sentences and it cuts down the amount of dialogue you need in general. Plus we're only here to watch this stunning blonde woman commit acts of violence and look sexy doing it. Oh and she kisses a girl. Very progressive. Not aimed at horny men at all. I had to leave the cinema half an hour in. Please somebody utilize Charlize Theron more productively than this because she has lots of talent. Don't turn her into some shallow fantasy for teenagers and horny, sexually frustrated men. Expand
Meth-dudeAug 1, 2017
The soundtrack was amazing, the acting was excellent, the visuals were impressive and the fight sequences impressive. Atomic Blonde definitely succeeded at being entertaining, interesting and at having good character development. While theThe soundtrack was amazing, the acting was excellent, the visuals were impressive and the fight sequences impressive. Atomic Blonde definitely succeeded at being entertaining, interesting and at having good character development. While the twists in the end weren't very necessary and a little bit predictable, it's still a solid movie. Expand
TVJerryAug 1, 2017
David Leitch also directed "John Wick" and his skill with action, especially hand-to-hand fights, is ramped up here. An alluring Charlize Theron plays a cool, beautiful, tough MI6 agent who's sent to recover a sensitive document in BerlinDavid Leitch also directed "John Wick" and his skill with action, especially hand-to-hand fights, is ramped up here. An alluring Charlize Theron plays a cool, beautiful, tough MI6 agent who's sent to recover a sensitive document in Berlin around the time of the wall's collapse. She teams up with James McAvoy, but more importantly, takes on dozens of men with painful blows and whatever object she can use as a weapon. The fight sequences are brutally forceful and even better, there's no blurry camerawork and flashy editing to hide the hard stunt work. It's all staggeringly evident. Meanwhile, the film enjoys a colorful 80s neon noir look and the period tunes provide a jammin' soundtrack. The rather conventional plot keeps turning on itself (as spies often do) and that becomes a bit much. This film is all about the well-staged chases and fierce fights. Expand
EludiumQ36Nov 25, 2017
Over-posing vanity project of Charlize Theron, a producer here as well as its star. David Leitch is not an experienced director and it shows in his paint-by-the-numbers approach with this film that comes across as a second-rate filler filmOver-posing vanity project of Charlize Theron, a producer here as well as its star. David Leitch is not an experienced director and it shows in his paint-by-the-numbers approach with this film that comes across as a second-rate filler film from the 80s. And yes, it's set in the late 80s and you're constantly reminded by its pop soundtrack. I called time of death 20-mins in, during the BS scene where she subdues her ally in her apt, crap that is just so cliché. Expand
SwarleyStinsonNov 16, 2017
There are some good action scenes but they are spread too thin and probably most of them were in the trailer. This is a standard boring cold war spy movie about meeting contacts and looking for paperwork. It's the kind of movie that callsThere are some good action scenes but they are spread too thin and probably most of them were in the trailer. This is a standard boring cold war spy movie about meeting contacts and looking for paperwork. It's the kind of movie that calls itself 'stylish' meaning it has no real narrative structure and is more like bunch of random events cut together. It also uses a typical boring interview framing device which doesn't really serve much purpose. I gave up half way though to avoid falling asleep but gave it a middle score for the action and sex scenes. Expand
GerNFeb 3, 2018
Is there anything Charlize Theron can't do? This movie is much better than I expected from the trailers and the title: it is drenched in atmosphere and period tunes, and all the actors do very well, generating gravitas the plot doesn'tIs there anything Charlize Theron can't do? This movie is much better than I expected from the trailers and the title: it is drenched in atmosphere and period tunes, and all the actors do very well, generating gravitas the plot doesn't quite deserve. Nothing we haven't seen many times before but still a fun watch. Expand
SwiftReviewsAug 30, 2017
The problem with this movie was the pacing, the movie got interesting when the music kicked in and your like this is going to be awesome than 2 secs later the actions over and it's back to talking. I found it extremely boring when compared toThe problem with this movie was the pacing, the movie got interesting when the music kicked in and your like this is going to be awesome than 2 secs later the actions over and it's back to talking. I found it extremely boring when compared to john wick 1 & 2 and James Bond. It had potential but wasted it, first movie i have ever almost fell asleep watching in the cinema, i was waiting for it end. Expand
badgerryan19Aug 4, 2017
It's fine. The performances by Charlize Theron, James McAvoy and Sofia Boutella all do great jobs. The action scenes were very fun and exciting. The plot on the other hand is messy and confusing. There are so many plot holes and twists andIt's fine. The performances by Charlize Theron, James McAvoy and Sofia Boutella all do great jobs. The action scenes were very fun and exciting. The plot on the other hand is messy and confusing. There are so many plot holes and twists and turns, and ultimately predictable. The music in the movie is a little odd, and at some points distracts you and not in a good way. David Leitch first film John Wick is definitely a better movie, but this one is still serviceable. Most people will enjoy it. 70/100 Expand
rmaynardjrAug 14, 2017
Stylish to the max and featuring a great performance by Theron, Atomic Blonde is an enjoyable action flick, but the story and script leave a lot to be desired.
NairbjcAug 18, 2017
This movie was exciting. Theron was fantastic. The fight scenes were new and very well made. The car chase, the umbrellas, the music, the sex appeal, and the flow. A solid B grade. I also purchased the soundtrack on double LP from Mondo
EpicLadySpongeJul 28, 2017
If you are familiar with what they seem to give you that seems to be related to this, then Atomic Blonde is predictable with its similarities, but not with its plot at least. If you are not, then it can give you surprising moments of eyeIf you are familiar with what they seem to give you that seems to be related to this, then Atomic Blonde is predictable with its similarities, but not with its plot at least. If you are not, then it can give you surprising moments of eye candy madness that it will cause you to not even pay attention to what is definitely going on. Definitely worth the shot if you are looking for something to see. Expand
FlexedacornAug 2, 2017
Atomic Blonde is an engaging action movie that is serviced well by its script. This is David Leitch’s directorial debut, and though not a perfect film I am hopefully for him helming Deadpool 2. Atomic Blonde was also an interesting film forAtomic Blonde is an engaging action movie that is serviced well by its script. This is David Leitch’s directorial debut, and though not a perfect film I am hopefully for him helming Deadpool 2. Atomic Blonde was also an interesting film for me as whereas most action films lose steam towards the end, this film seemed to speed up. There is a particular action scene towards the end of the film that will probably go down as one of the best choreographed fight scenes on camera. The sound track is great, Charlize Theron and James McAvoy are enjoyable, and the story solid. The only thing that felt a little off was the pacing, as some scenes seemed a little rushed trying to get to the next arc.

If you are a fan of action films or cold war spy thrillers, I would defiantly keep this film on your radar.
aeroplasmaAug 1, 2017
I love 'talky' movies (i.e The Counselor) when they are interesting. This movie became too 'talky' way too quickly with a clear lack of direction. The action was good but far in between sandwiched by 20 minutess of talk talk talk. I nearlyI love 'talky' movies (i.e The Counselor) when they are interesting. This movie became too 'talky' way too quickly with a clear lack of direction. The action was good but far in between sandwiched by 20 minutess of talk talk talk. I nearly fell asleep - last time this happened was when watching Ghost in the Shell. This was an average movie that struggles to keep interest in the latter half. Expand
luckystrike_bhJul 28, 2017
I had a lot of fun in this movie and the rest of the audience seemed engaged as well. There is a lot of depth and curveballs in the script all the way to the end. And they are appropriate twists in the script that keep you on your toes andI had a lot of fun in this movie and the rest of the audience seemed engaged as well. There is a lot of depth and curveballs in the script all the way to the end. And they are appropriate twists in the script that keep you on your toes and fit in the movie. The protagnist Lorraine makes a believable undercover agent and uses realistic fight moves for someone that is fighting higher weight class opponents. I recommend you limit your bathroom breaks as you may find yourself falling behind on the movie. Expand
moviemitch96Jul 29, 2017
A crazy, fun, if over-the-top romp. After her strong showcase as an action star in Mad Max: Fury Road, Charlize Theron once again proves that she's got what it takes to be tough as nails, and make it quite entertaining throughout! Like I saidA crazy, fun, if over-the-top romp. After her strong showcase as an action star in Mad Max: Fury Road, Charlize Theron once again proves that she's got what it takes to be tough as nails, and make it quite entertaining throughout! Like I said before, the action is fun and entertaining as hell often enough, but it's over-the-top energy left me having to suspend my disbelief more than a couple times, especially with characters that I felt should've died much easier than they did (seriously though, Charlize mercilessly beats a handful of men well over a dozen times with her fists, objects, etc. during an impressive stairwell fight sequence, yet that STILL wasn't enough to kill them often times!) Aside from her, James McAvoy makes an often times worthwhile and humorous supporting turn. Overall, if insane mindless action that requires you to flip the off switch in your brain is your thing, then this is well worth checking out! Just don't go in expecting anything too mindblowing in terms of story or something too original. Here, it's all about the expertly choreographed action, and it delivers! Expand
abm0Aug 4, 2017
OK, I went in expecting better fight scenes than in Wonder Woman and I was not disappointed (for the most part). Particularly impressive was the realism of how 1. someone of lower general body weight has to focus almost entirely on directOK, I went in expecting better fight scenes than in Wonder Woman and I was not disappointed (for the most part). Particularly impressive was the realism of how 1. someone of lower general body weight has to focus almost entirely on direct weak spot attacks (throat, groin, joints, eyes) like in Krav Maga or jujutsu, or else if the fight goes on too long against someone too much heavier our hero can expect to get severely **** up, and 2. she actually checks if she has a round in the chamber by partially pulling back the slide, before she goes into a gunfight. Nobody **** does that. :) Everyone in action movies just fully racks the slide without a second thought, even if they've racked it before when they were gearing up (which means the second time around they should be throwing out a perfectly good unused round like a dumb ass).

But what I was also expecting was the fast pace that makes sense in - and is typical of - assassin/secret agent movies, where there's a mission to complete under time pressure and there are lives at stake. Here the feeling of urgency is interrupted by chillout/dialogue scenes so much that you just lose the excitement and it stops feeling the way a secret agent action movie should feel. Big let-down there.

Minus 2 points for turning it into a CIA glorification piece, sadly, though as we know by now the writers don't really get a choice when trying to portray such institutions.
Brent_MarchantJul 30, 2017
A fun, kick-ass story of intrigue full of plot twists and turns that will keep viewers guessing right up to the end. Its mixture of action, adventure, '80s nostalgia (especially its excellent retro soundtrack) and often-campy humor make for aA fun, kick-ass story of intrigue full of plot twists and turns that will keep viewers guessing right up to the end. Its mixture of action, adventure, '80s nostalgia (especially its excellent retro soundtrack) and often-campy humor make for a thoroughly entertaining mix (think "Kingsmen" with a touch of peroxide). While the film has some occasional issues with pacing and tone, it nevertheless manages to serve up an enjoyable few hours at the show, with excellent performances by James McAvoy and Charlize Theron. Fasten your seatbelts. Expand
diegodigsJul 28, 2017
Supremely stylish and well-choreographed with an iconic performance from Theron, the film coasts largely in part to the above mentioned merits despite its overly convoluted and needlessly dense narrative.
gmonster320Jul 30, 2017
The highly choreographed fight scenes, the 1980s soundtrack and Theron's magnetic presence combine to make "Atomic Blonde" a must see action flick. I especially enjoyed her scenes with Boutella's French agent Delphine Lasalle. Those ladiesThe highly choreographed fight scenes, the 1980s soundtrack and Theron's magnetic presence combine to make "Atomic Blonde" a must see action flick. I especially enjoyed her scenes with Boutella's French agent Delphine Lasalle. Those ladies are smokin' hot individually and explosive together. I only have two complaints about the movie: 1. The plot is kinda bland; and 2: The flashback structure assures the audience that Broughton will live to fight another day. But we already know Charlize isn't going to die anyway. She's the star for Christ's sake. Neither of these are deal breakers. "Atomic Blonde" completely delivered on what I expected. It's ultra violent, ultra sexy, and ultra fun to watch. Will there be an "Atomic Blonde 2"? If so, I'll all in. Some have suggested Charlize as the next James Bond. That's an even better idea. Theron has proven she can do anything Bond does but in stiletto heels. No small feat. Expand
Jess_HillAug 7, 2017
A glorious spy movie that revels in expertly choreographed action sequences, sumptuous eighties styling, and costuming that is a delight to watch. Theron is superb, McEvoy is excellent, and the storyline is both compelling and every bit asA glorious spy movie that revels in expertly choreographed action sequences, sumptuous eighties styling, and costuming that is a delight to watch. Theron is superb, McEvoy is excellent, and the storyline is both compelling and every bit as twisted as you would expect from this genre. The cinematography has moments of brilliance, with the fight sequences notable for the refreshing clarity of the visuals, and the soundtrack is an unexpected joy. Violent, sexy, and intriguing, this is a brilliant addition to the genre that is a thoroughly entertaining experience. 8.89/10 Expand
Megajohn85Jul 28, 2017
Move over McClane,Wick, and Bond...the Action world has a new star and it's Lorraine Broughton. "Atomic Blonde" is a solid action spy thriller. Theron hands down is more of a Believable fighter than Gadot due to the fact that TheronMove over McClane,Wick, and Bond...the Action world has a new star and it's Lorraine Broughton. "Atomic Blonde" is a solid action spy thriller. Theron hands down is more of a Believable fighter than Gadot due to the fact that Theron performed 98% of her own stunts in this film unlike Gadot in Wonder Woman which by that revelation makes Theron the real Wonder Woman and Gadot nothing more than a cheap dollar store imitation. Cracking your teeth and taking punches to the face shows real toughness versus whatever Gadot was doing Expand
DirigiblePulpSep 26, 2017
Propulsive and energetic color rushed action fantasia. The action scenes come quick and brutal, including the one near the end that's meant to look like one take that's part of a new trend of showing the physical wear and tear a fight takesPropulsive and energetic color rushed action fantasia. The action scenes come quick and brutal, including the one near the end that's meant to look like one take that's part of a new trend of showing the physical wear and tear a fight takes on these so-called action hero(in)es. It's a beaut and a definite keeper.

The problem is that good chunks of this film are taken up with a story clearly meant to be confusing and obfuscating but Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy this isn't. It just doesn't hold the interest for long enough periods of time, twists are revealed like big deals but land with a thud. Theron and McAvoy deliver absolute dimes but it's still not quite great.
ChowdahAug 7, 2017
Atomic Blond is good film that is worth a watch in a pretty disappointing summer of cookie cutter movies. It's an action orientated spy flick that won't disappoint you if you are less concerned with a "cerebral" story and instead preferAtomic Blond is good film that is worth a watch in a pretty disappointing summer of cookie cutter movies. It's an action orientated spy flick that won't disappoint you if you are less concerned with a "cerebral" story and instead prefer great visuals and fights. The plot is pretty straightforward and isn't anything impressive. It's pretty easy to figure out what will happen next. This isn't a negative point of the movie, just don't expect some "mindf*ck" that will leave you with your jaw open. It's paced well enough, with no spots that leave you bored.

That being said, the action sequences are top caliber. The shots are down to earth, focusing on the brutality of the fighting and not absurd or overtly flashy. Another positive is how the shots are typically one long extended scene without any of those Resident Evil style, 40+ cuts to show a single kick, garbage. You know exactly what is going on at all times and can almost feel how painful it is.

Another strong pro for this movie is the atmosphere. It really gives you the sense of 1980s Berlin. It might have a little to do with how obnoxiously they cram 80s music in every scene, but it works more than it doesn't. The strongest part of the entire movie are the beautiful scenes after beautiful scenes. The visuals are top notch.
JoeCoolAug 18, 2017
Not a really bad movie, I absolutely loved the soundtrack (the sole reason I'm keeping the score in the green) the fight scenes are well executed, even if more brutal than you'd expect from this Atomic blonde. The story is quite predictableNot a really bad movie, I absolutely loved the soundtrack (the sole reason I'm keeping the score in the green) the fight scenes are well executed, even if more brutal than you'd expect from this Atomic blonde. The story is quite predictable though and the surprises and twists are quite "Meh". If you like watching Charlize in over the top violence then you'll get plenty of that. When you start thinking about the whole story, you'll probably be left wanting a bit more substance. Expand
bfoore90Aug 12, 2017
Terrific soundtrack, action sequences and cinematography Atomic Blonde is a sleek, hard hitting action flick that while its not anywhere close to John Wick, it is still a very solid and enjoyable film
temptershellSep 17, 2017
Great movie without a meaningful storyline for this well-made show. Without this one-line story Atomic Blond has the same advantages. We have perfectly synchronized sound effects here, and great stunts. Choreography, like the two parts ofGreat movie without a meaningful storyline for this well-made show. Without this one-line story Atomic Blond has the same advantages. We have perfectly synchronized sound effects here, and great stunts. Choreography, like the two parts of John Wick, is on a high level, and the montage is a masterpiece. Also worthy of praise is the great atmosphere built by the appropriate colors / lighting scenography and characters. I recommend! Expand
CineAutoctonoAug 7, 2017
"Atomic Blonde" was a movie charged of action, and sensuality, Charlize Theron, has interpreted a bad-ass woman of prime qualitythe phtography and the soundtrack are very good, and the performances and the story are good, this movie is"Atomic Blonde" was a movie charged of action, and sensuality, Charlize Theron, has interpreted a bad-ass woman of prime qualitythe phtography and the soundtrack are very good, and the performances and the story are good, this movie is "bad-ass" 100%. Expand
DavidWasHereAug 21, 2017
While the crisp cinematography, fantastic lighting and color palette, and strong action scenes and performances from Theron and McAvoy, it is weaken by a by-the-numbers spy thriller with an underdeveloped and boring lead character (even withWhile the crisp cinematography, fantastic lighting and color palette, and strong action scenes and performances from Theron and McAvoy, it is weaken by a by-the-numbers spy thriller with an underdeveloped and boring lead character (even with Theron doing a good job as the lead) and a soundtrack that distracts far more than it adds to the film's style (the use of George Michael's Father Figure is the biggest offender here). There is some merit to this movie but it's style cannot save it's substance from a step above mediocre. Expand
2morovianNov 21, 2017
This is easily the best film of this genre made in the 21st century, and quite possibly of all time. It's got great story, complexity, cinematography, action, humor, sexiness galore and just enough confusion to make you to really payThis is easily the best film of this genre made in the 21st century, and quite possibly of all time. It's got great story, complexity, cinematography, action, humor, sexiness galore and just enough confusion to make you to really pay attention so that you don't miss a trick. They usually don't give Oscars for films like this, but Atomic Blonde deserves several. Never mind that the ultra-gorgeous Charlize Theron is about as believable as a ninja-spy-model can get. She did all her own stunt work, for God's sake! The idiot reviewers who are suggesting that there isn't enough action, blah, blah, blah, have obviously been dumbed-down by decades of shallow, white-sugar action productions that even a monkey could follow. They've lost their ability to concentrate and get involved with an action film that actually has a complex plot line, action that rises & falls (and then rises again) and not be perpetually on the edge of non-stop, hyper-stimulating, visually assaulting cinematic tricks that are so sliced & diced that you can't actually see anyone complete a single movement. Bloody Well Done, with the operative word being 'bloody'. I watched this last night and I'm ready to watch this one again, this time with my robe open. Expand
Creeper3455Aug 17, 2017
David Leitch,from making incredible small-budget movies like John Wick,makes an impressive directorial debut with Atomic Blonde (AKA his first big-budget movie. Step aside,Deadpool 2). Let's start with the story. It's about someone trying toDavid Leitch,from making incredible small-budget movies like John Wick,makes an impressive directorial debut with Atomic Blonde (AKA his first big-budget movie. Step aside,Deadpool 2). Let's start with the story. It's about someone trying to stop some plans that could prevent World War III. Basically something we already saw a million times that gets organized in a weird way possible,because it feels like the director wanted to focus more on the action set pieces (which are crafted beautifully) than setting up the story. Other than that,not only is the action great,but there are also some scenes that would make 50 Shades look like if it was nothing (wait...IT IS!). Both the imagery and the music (composed by Guardians Of The Galaxy's Tyler Bates) are probably the only things that wanted to give this movie an '40/'50-esque look,since the book it's based on is set in the '40s. As always,Charlize Theron kicks a lot of asses this time (not like last time,when she had to walk everywhere in Fast 8),and makes those months of hard work on the stunts remarkable (95% of the movie was Theron making impressive stunts),and the rest of the acting is good. There's a scene in this movie (that i won't spoil) where i thought:"This is the Split Vs. The Mummy we never asked for,but that it's done in the most remarkable way possible. In the end,Atomic Blonde may suffer from a lazily weird story,but manages to save itself with some good acting and magnificent action. Expand
KaptenVideoAug 14, 2017
Film industry really loves spy action these days. They have produced tens and tens of them since 2002’s „Jason Bourne“ kickstarted the current wave.
These kind of movies appear in seemingly every possible genre from superserious John le Carré adaptations to mainstream comedies a la „Spy“ starring Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham.
„Atomic Blonde“ is one of those ass-kicking ones, direct descendants to Jason Bourne series, where there’s a lot of Eastern European locales, moody lightning, serious important people discussing serious stuff which will remain largely mysterious to the viewer, bone-crushing fighting which still never knocks the main character out for good, shooting, hurting countless evil henchmen and so on. You know the drill.
The selling argument here is that there’s never too much female heroes in movies, especially action movies, so you get one in the form of Charlize Theron who has proved her fittingness for the genre many times already.
For a famous and beautiful actress, her screen career has been surprisingly varied, and she doesn’t disappoint in ass-kicking department also. IMDB says she had eight personal trainers to make her ready for the role, and she managed to crack two teeth while filming.
So, „Atomic Blonde“. It is yet another comic book – OK, graphic novel – that needed to be adapted to the big screen.
If you can bear with the pretty generic story full of usual spy action cliches from everybody being hardass and drinking and smoking too much to series of twists in the end that are the substitute to real character and story-building, you won’t go away disappointed.
For one, the movie looks amazing. It takes place in 1989 in East-Berlin just before the wall separating two parts of the city was taken down, and people behind the camera have used this exciting place to the maximum effect.
It has enough of tasty 1980’s and Soviet nostalgia but also enough sense of place to woo us to just enjoy how everything looks. Cinematography is so artistic and striking here that it deserves an Oscar nomination: all the shadows, lighting, and dark and ominous atmosphere…
Spy action fans have seen lots of exciting hand-to-hand fighting since „Bourne“ raised it to new level in movies, but „Atomic Blonde“ excels here also.
Especially the long brutal seamless battle near the finale where the heroine tries to keep both herself and the colleague alive, is so inventive, exceptional, and downright brutal that justifies seeing the movie alone. (It was actually made seemless with the help of CGI, but who cares.)
David Leitch has done a lot of work as stuntman, stunt coordinator and second unit director – used to make action look good in movies -, so it does not come as a surprise that his first solo directing gig would turn out to be so adrenaline-pumping. He was the uncredited co-director of „John Wick“, too.
The surprising part is that the budget was only 30 million US dollars, which seems way to little for action movie this awesome. Next up, he’s directing „Deadpool 2“.
The cool cast of actors is doing their best to enliven the story and dialogue, including John Goodman, James MacAvoy, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan and Sofia Boutella. But it’s not really an actors’ movie – their first and main order is to keep it cool. Which they can and will.
„Atomic Blonde“ looks great and is only let down by ho-hum story which is just an amalgam of genre cliches.
For 115 minutes, it overstays its welcome a bit, at least for anybody who’s not madly into the particular genre. But it’s every bit watchworthy for bloody action lovers.
DubeauOct 15, 2017
The story of Atomic was kind of interesting. Located in the 80's, they put a good setting for the story. But overall, I wasn't that exited by the dialogues in general. The fighting scenes were very well done, very accurate and well framed.The story of Atomic was kind of interesting. Located in the 80's, they put a good setting for the story. But overall, I wasn't that exited by the dialogues in general. The fighting scenes were very well done, very accurate and well framed. The music was from the 80's soundtrack. Even if it fits the time period, I got extremely annoyed to hear only that in the movie. It became tiresome and didn't fit the actions. The excessive smoking just remove any sexiness that went into some scenes, and seemed more of a shameful plug in the end. The ending twist was closed very fast. I give it a 65%, not the best movie but the action was fair. Expand
Michael_Stars_5Aug 11, 2017
Set in a violent but colorful setting, Atomic Blonde excels at being a fun action flick which I will see again soon. From beginning to end, this film uses a stellar but out of place soundtrack, and cool places for action scenes but after all,Set in a violent but colorful setting, Atomic Blonde excels at being a fun action flick which I will see again soon. From beginning to end, this film uses a stellar but out of place soundtrack, and cool places for action scenes but after all, it suffers storytelling problems, and writing issues. A fun summer film with few noticeable flaws. Expand
jb1296Jun 22, 2018
Atomic Blonde doesn't give the same emotional investment as John Wick, and I think the narrative can be quite difficult to follow sometimes, but there is the style to it like John Wick and the action scenes are decent and much better thanAtomic Blonde doesn't give the same emotional investment as John Wick, and I think the narrative can be quite difficult to follow sometimes, but there is the style to it like John Wick and the action scenes are decent and much better than most other action films. This film is good, but there are flaws to it. Expand
ImOnFireNov 26, 2017
It gets a 5 because of the style and the strong acting by Charlize Theron, but I was bored throughout - such a shame, such wasted potential, it could have been a cold war female led John Wick.
sanyrubDec 31, 2017
Good music, good cinematograpahy and style, great and brutal fighting scenes and a lead actress that nails it. Charlize Theron fits these type of roles like a glove. Since Prometheus and Fury Road it is clear the girl has been born to doGood music, good cinematograpahy and style, great and brutal fighting scenes and a lead actress that nails it. Charlize Theron fits these type of roles like a glove. Since Prometheus and Fury Road it is clear the girl has been born to do these other type of bad-ass roles. She delivers on all fronts. Still stunning for her age by the way. Really spectacular. The plot is a little bit confusing although it keeps you interested and you end understanding everything in the end. Nothing groundbreaking story wise but very enjoyable. Expand
wagnerbeethovenJan 1, 2018
It was down unexpected in so good way. Lorraine kind of super hero. Charlize is perfect
ozymandias79Oct 28, 2017
Charlize Theron is good and appears to do many of the action scenes herself. The long shots of fight scenes were great but this movie lacks a soul....
MaxPayneIsGodFeb 18, 2018
Cliche riddled, predictable wanna be edgy action thriller. Some OK fight scenes and stylish cinematography but over all its a mish-mash inbred little step-sister of John Wick.
KaioCesar329Nov 11, 2017
Charlize Theron in her best performance, yes, maybe not, because this woman creates limits and surpasses them, she takes her characters seriously and her performance is brilliant, surely she is the best thing in the movie.
Q8MarrongGlaceOct 25, 2017
I should rate this 5 but I'll give it a 6 only because Charlize Theron in ti ..
For me it was disappointing the plot in my point of view goes like this :
A heavy smoker hot bad-ass women searching for a list ! . To be fare the best parts in
I should rate this 5 but I'll give it a 6 only because Charlize Theron in ti ..
For me it was disappointing the plot in my point of view goes like this :
A heavy smoker hot bad-ass women searching for a list ! .
To be fare the best parts in the movie was the fighting & car chasing I guess Charlize Theron stunt double Monique Ganderton did the half of the job :) Bottom Line if you're Charlize Theron fan or an action movie lover you might enjoy it but for me I didn't as I said I was disappointed
akino3Aug 31, 2018
this was as if tarantino made a spy movie. it was fun and rough. enjoyed every minute of it.
RalfbergsMar 4, 2018
By the trailer I watched and by the beginning of the movie I thought this will be more thrilling and with more action and suspense - while it still is there, there are so many filler moments and moments where the action just sorta slows downBy the trailer I watched and by the beginning of the movie I thought this will be more thrilling and with more action and suspense - while it still is there, there are so many filler moments and moments where the action just sorta slows down and it gets boring. Of course, it might have been good if those moments without action would be interesting, but mostly they were just boring and didn't do anything really. This could have been a much better movie, given it's great cast Expand
andre27Dec 15, 2017
Um filme realmente bom. Charlize Teron representa como ninguem e faz com que o filme fique ainda melhor. No entanto o filme é confuso e tem de se tar bem atento para não perder o fio á meada.
BitashJul 4, 2018
I have it a one cuz I like Charlize, but boy was this movie bad. I just can’t believe the characters and even Charlize is not believable, the English accent just kille dome, she can’t do it right, don’t get it and don’t believe her...and theI have it a one cuz I like Charlize, but boy was this movie bad. I just can’t believe the characters and even Charlize is not believable, the English accent just kille dome, she can’t do it right, don’t get it and don’t believe her...and the accent .....like Angelina Jolie in Tombrader, its just bad. Just lots of scenes of Charlize kicking everyone’s ass while 80s music is playing. Have zero expectations and you may find it amusing. Expand
AproxxAug 13, 2018
There are three kind of scenes in this movie: 1) Action set piece

2) A character "looking cool, reflecting on something" 3) A character "looking cool" throwing one liners at another character that either "looks cool" or "badass" or "shows
There are three kind of scenes in this movie: 1) Action set piece

2) A character "looking cool, reflecting on something"

3) A character "looking cool" throwing one liners at another character that either "looks cool" or "badass" or "shows how much power it has"

This movie is TRASH. Plot is trash. The action scenes are trash (good choreography, but NOPE, I don't believe Charlize Theron can do any of that. Not ONE realistic action scene for her... Well maybe one of two.. it might be just bad casting). But... if you like 100000000000 millon crossing of "cool characters" (smoking, most of the time), then you might like this trash piece of "art".
ajgseriesDec 14, 2017
Salt 2.0 (I’m just kidding). One of Charlize Theron’s greatest performances, she definitely looks badass. I loved the soundtrack during some of the action sequences. In my opinion, Charlize needs to work in her fight skills but she stillSalt 2.0 (I’m just kidding). One of Charlize Theron’s greatest performances, she definitely looks badass. I loved the soundtrack during some of the action sequences. In my opinion, Charlize needs to work in her fight skills but she still looks badass. The range of colors is wonderful, that blue tone with gray transmits like a mystery to the movie. There is a scene filmed in a single shot that starts on some stairs and ends with a car chase. It was wonderful. First, I was like “expected plot-twist”, and then there’s a second plot-twist, AND A THIRD PLOT-TWIST… It was mind-blowing.
The screenplay was alright. The sequences of action complemented the fact that the film was kind of slow in the beginning. I found great how the movie is being told, showing scenes of the questioning and then going back to the flashbacks.
jiminyjazzAug 23, 2017
Atomic Blonde summarized in one sentence is a film, where you either love it for what it has to offer, like it for certain aspects or hate it for its flaws. I am on the median type of audience for this film, as i enjoyed the film for certainAtomic Blonde summarized in one sentence is a film, where you either love it for what it has to offer, like it for certain aspects or hate it for its flaws. I am on the median type of audience for this film, as i enjoyed the film for certain parts such as its John Wick-style action (by the same director of John Wick), its stylistic neon aesthetics (however underutilized it may be or trying to hard to be something it is not), acting and performances, soundtrack and its marketing strategy. However, i found numerous aspects of the film disappointing, poor or unacceptable such as the cliched and boring narrative, the dull and dragged pacing, the amount of inconsistent plot holes and the lack of emphasis on the characters, aesthetics and cinematography. It felt like such a disappointment from the advertisements and trailers shown as the marketing strategy which depicted an intriguing and beautiful MI6 agent who was sent to Berlin to be with another rebellious British agent in the calmer and revolutionary but ironically, the most tense and alert final days of the cold war where the deterrence for ideology was settling and people were shifting toward the seductive side of capitalism filled with revolutionary and dramatic neon, products and perspectives revolutionizing both Russian and American culture. This honestly excited and intrigued me and made me want to find out more. But instead we got a boring film with only good action and music with a dull spy movie plot that i guarantee you have seen a million times before and with (minor spoilers) an extremely inaccurate plot twist that just settled with me and i just moved on with my life. This is such a disappointment and there is probably more aesthetically pleasing imagery in the trailers, wallpapers and fan art alone.

But however there are certain plot irrelevant moments which are unfortunately more intriguing than the story line. There are occasionally (once in a blue moon) shots which reference pop culture classic films, good scenes that give us more story on the character even by saying nothing and sequences with good songs. Overall , if you like pretty good soundtracks, good hand to hand action, good acting and average (albeit brief) neon aesthetics then this film is for you. However if you decide of considering to see it then you must be aware of its flaws before deciding.
BroyaxAug 12, 2018
Charlize Theron ne fait pas que des pubs pour Dior, elle fait des films aussi... et une blonde atomique en l'occurrence, tellement atomique que ceux qui l'approchent trépassent aussi sec. Elle est ici en très grande forme dans le rôle d'unCharlize Theron ne fait pas que des pubs pour Dior, elle fait des films aussi... et une blonde atomique en l'occurrence, tellement atomique que ceux qui l'approchent trépassent aussi sec. Elle est ici en très grande forme dans le rôle d'un super agent qui fait passer les Bond ou les Bourne pour de **** amateurs...

Et son personnage de femme très fatale a des goûts très particuliers, histoire de mélanger le plaisir et les affaires : on aime sans modération, y compris ses bains remplis de glaçons... la glace-nost en quelque sorte. En tout cas, ce n'est pas l'histoire dans ce Berlin de la chute du mur qui récoltera l'Oscar : ce miroir aux espions doubles, triples et quadruples est trop délirant pour être crédible... c'est hélas trop souvent le lot du genre.

Non, c'est plutôt l'ambiance et l'action frénétique qui remporte l'adhésion : une violence stylée, inventive et ultra efficace, magnifiquement filmée avec plans-séquences inclus, y compris et surtout au corps-à-corps brutal et sans pitié... Je prends bonne note de ce réalisateur David Leitch et l'inscris sur les tablettes des cinéastes les plus doués : quel brio et quelle démonstration ! la moindre baston n'en est que plus délectable.

On a donc compris que Charlize crève l'écran à tous les niveaux. Ce n'est pas le cas pour McAvoy qui s'enlise dans sa propre caricature, ni pour la petite Boutella à la fois pièce rapportée et petit cul impromptu jetable : dire qu'elle incarne un "agent" français, c'est dire qu'on passe (encore) pour des cons... Mais le reste de la distribution est à la hauteur avec un Goodman impeccable et des molosses du KGB increvables ou presque...

Finalement, Atomic Blonde a tout d'une grosse bande dessinée très bien mise en images, au rythme trépidant, à l'action millimétrée stupéfiante et aux dialogues incisifs. On apprécie son côté furieux mais élégant ; on met de côté son histoire trop rebondissante de fin de guerre froide, simple prétexte à un collectathon inarrêtable de macabés. Dior, j'adore !
Mitya64Jan 28, 2018
Хороший экшн. Шикарная музыка. Атмосфера 89 года в ГДР понравилась. Затянуто. Прикольная шпионский боевик
rak_ibNov 19, 2017
Average story,good climax,rough violence. Charlize Theron James McAvoy & Sofia Boutella's acting was exciting enough.Overall mid level entertainment.If you like action spy thriller film you may consider it.
nikolas749sNov 24, 2017
Overall, the movie is quite watchable with a good mix of action, mystery and some steamy scenes that will certainly get your attention. Charlize Theron's performance is good, was far from perfect. In saying that, the screenwriters did notOverall, the movie is quite watchable with a good mix of action, mystery and some steamy scenes that will certainly get your attention. Charlize Theron's performance is good, was far from perfect. In saying that, the screenwriters did not give her much opportunity to explore or even hint at the cause of a myriad of conflicts within the protagonist. As such I feel we the viewers were robbed of connecting on a deeper level with what may have been the female version of James Bond. That aside, I loved the retro soundtrack and authentic 80's feel of the movie, and James McEvoy flawless as always. Expand
Mihael_Prislin0Nov 30, 2017
One of the best movies of 2017! It had a lot of potential to be even better, but still... Very entertaining! Charlize Theron had the best female performance in the year! Her portrayel of duble agent was mind-blowing at the end of the movie! IOne of the best movies of 2017! It had a lot of potential to be even better, but still... Very entertaining! Charlize Theron had the best female performance in the year! Her portrayel of duble agent was mind-blowing at the end of the movie! I want to see a sequel of this movie! Expand
Mark_SwanDec 10, 2017
"When watching a film directed by a stuntman, the action sequences can't help but look a bit too choreographed and unnatural." - Mark Swan Movie Reviews (4.9/10)
seanfriend23Dec 12, 2017
Much much better than I was expecting. Great action with a surprisingly good story and plot. Very enjoyable with many twists to keep you thinking. Highly recommended
amheretojudgeJan 16, 2018
i'm my own **** now..

Atomic Blonde

This is no mere action movie with a one man army stereo type natured script; it's strong on character that broods vulnerability, passion and anger at its best.
CoKronakanJul 1, 2018
An amazing action packed movie to the ears, and a really great one at that. The plot is a leaves to be desired, but the fact that it's based on a comic book, lifts that weight. Great directing style, absolute genius, with those amazing uncutAn amazing action packed movie to the ears, and a really great one at that. The plot is a leaves to be desired, but the fact that it's based on a comic book, lifts that weight. Great directing style, absolute genius, with those amazing uncut action scenes. Great performance by the actors, also hats off to James McAvoy, for his immersion in the role, which made the movie more immersive overall. No pacing problems, because the movie is filled with events and thing that happen in the same time, even though it's in chronological order it's hard to keep up with the action. Great visuals and absolutely love the 90's styled music that plays over and over, which is so great in movies and intensifies the action. Also the amazing style of the whole movie adds to it's environment, fits exactly the arcady 80's early 90's stylishness. The story is full with plot twists which always make the movie more fun to watch. And because of this stylish brilliant action scene packed cold war themed movie is so fun to watch and amazingly entertaining. Don't know why this movie is so underrated, because overall this a very good movie, and few of these titles manages to do what this movie did in the industry today. Expand
WorldofLuckyFeb 3, 2018
The good parts overall are the actors. Charlize Theron is great in it. I think she makes a great action star. I think it is far past the time that they put women in those same roles. She outdoes the last several James Bond movies. TheThe good parts overall are the actors. Charlize Theron is great in it. I think she makes a great action star. I think it is far past the time that they put women in those same roles. She outdoes the last several James Bond movies. The supporting actors are great too, even Mcavoy, whom isn't my favorite actor. The story itself is a good one. However, it is a lot more "spy" movie then John Wick type action movie the trailer lets people see. I was happy to see Sofia Boutella in the movie as well, I liked her playing the Mummy in the Mummy earlier this year and it is good to see that movie won't be an albatross around her neck.

The action itself is good. It is gritty, dirty fighting. Ms. Theron is beaten, and in turn beats people back. I felt the slow exhaustion as a fight wears on seems about right. As the movie progressed her bruises didn't go away, her aches didn't stop and even makeup couldn't cover it all up. Also, her and the use of keys is pretty awesome and gross at the same time.

It feels weird to see a "period piece" movie that involves the same year I graduated high school. I guess that just shows me how old I am getting. However, the period piece may be the problem a lot of people have. The setting was East and West Berlin in 1989, the Soviets and the Allies are in constant struggle in the shadows. The problem I see for others (I didn't have it myself) is connecting with the time period, the wall, and just the overall ambience. Like I said, I liked it. I just suspect the period might not be everyone's style.

The pacing however was the part I didn't like. This could be once again because the trailer was cut in a way that this was a John Wick style fight movie, when it was paced differently. I couldn't even say the pacing was good for the story it was trying to tell. There were times that the movie felt way too long and slow. That is the part of the movie I think dragged everything else down. Maybe the most recent spat of movies has made it harder for me to enjoy this, but I think it was probably just not pacing well for itself. It would have lulls in weird spots, then bits of action, then back to a slow period.

The good: The acting was great, finally time to see another kick ass female main character.

The bad: The pacing dragged everything else back. Reduced it for me from great, to merely good.

I would see a sequel, but hopefully they would learn from that pacing.
merijnjFeb 21, 2018
(80/100)
Great soundtrack and fighting sequences. Loved the ending and setting of the story.
DaddioMaxMar 3, 2018
Enjoyable, if somewhat self-important, "popcorn" movie. Stylish action with a decent performance by Charlize Theron and James McAvoy was great, as always. Good fight choreography with a story-line that was fairly easy to follow. The one placeEnjoyable, if somewhat self-important, "popcorn" movie. Stylish action with a decent performance by Charlize Theron and James McAvoy was great, as always. Good fight choreography with a story-line that was fairly easy to follow. The one place where this film really shone was in the outstanding soundtrack of some of the finest music of the 1980s. The tunes were used exceptionally well. Over-all; it was a fun "B-movie". Expand
ConLeeApr 6, 2018
The directing and camerawork in this movie, especially any action scenes, is fantastic. The music fits everywhere.
McAvoy is great as always. Theron. Wow. Nothing held back.
Great plot and twists. Worthy of her own franchise. I don't get-it
McAvoy is great as always. Theron. Wow. Nothing held back.
Great plot and twists.
Worthy of her own franchise.
I don't get-it of the reviews that say staid or boring. Really?
Check it out for yourself.
AlextheamazingRJul 15, 2018
Charlize is **** BadAss, i love this movie. Excellent Music , action and cinematography.
dmax2018Jul 29, 2018
Positively the best action movie I have seen in several years. Charlize Theron pulls off "real" action and notably performed 98% of her stunts. Awesome!!! Charlize rocks...and so does this movie.