Warner Bros. | Release Date: March 25, 2016
1,158
1,080
Watch Now
RedeadhoodMar 28, 2016
The hate for this movie is really unjustified. Is it flawed? Sure. But what movie isn't. We should be glad that we were given the chance to watch a superhero movie that doesn't follow the same old formula, which in my opinion is gettingThe hate for this movie is really unjustified. Is it flawed? Sure. But what movie isn't. We should be glad that we were given the chance to watch a superhero movie that doesn't follow the same old formula, which in my opinion is getting quite repetitive, and is something different both in tone and story. The fact that the movie reminded me of Batman TAS and Superman TAS is definitely a plus.

Let's start with the performances, everyone from the main cast to the supporting worked well, the stand out being Ben Affleck. Not only did he prove the haters wrong, but he brought something new to the role. For once you actually fear the Batman. Cavill was good as well, and you could really feel his pain of being an outsider (which is continued from Man of Steel). Amy Adams was much better this time around in her role as Lois Lane, and she again reminded me of Superman TAS. Jeremy Irons was obviously great as Alfred. Gadot in my opinion was alright as Wonder Woman, I guess we need to see more from her. Now let's come to Lex Luthor... instead of feeling like a man of grace and one that you should fear, Lex feels like a wannabe Joker, it felt like Jesse was playing a cartoon cartoon and it is quite clear that he needed a paycheck. But if you ignore the character's roots, he is a decent enough villain even if you would like to punch him every time he's on screen.

The pacing although not great, was not terrible either. It was quite noticeable that a few scenes were cut in between and maybe the R-rated cut should help with the movie's flow. There were also quite a few choices made by the filmmaker that would anger quite a few fans. But this is something to be expected from Zack Snyder.

Overall the movie was quite enjoyable, it had some really amazing parts and some that you would outright hate. But these parts really didn't ruin the experience for me, because at the end of the day it is someone else's interpretation of these heroes. I'm just glad that we were able to watch these two iconic heroes on the screen together.

This is my own opinion and you should make your own. Watch the movie if you are interested but don't let the critics have an effect on your viewing experience because it definitely isn't the abomination that some would like you to believe. Although far from a perfect superhero experience, it is in my opinion better than quite a few thing that we have seen before. Maybe in the next couple of years, people might appreciate it more.
incubusMar 25, 2016
Great start for DC Extended Universe. If you like the visual style of Zack Snyder and dark atmosphere of DC comics (especially Batman: The Dark Knight Returns), then you will like this movie.
jackcomerfordMar 25, 2016
Batman V Superman is a great superhero movie. It isn't anything like the tried-and-tested Marvel formula, but it isn't, as I've read elsewhere, "completely devoid of all amusement". Don't get me wrong, the tone of the movie is certainly dour,Batman V Superman is a great superhero movie. It isn't anything like the tried-and-tested Marvel formula, but it isn't, as I've read elsewhere, "completely devoid of all amusement". Don't get me wrong, the tone of the movie is certainly dour, and if you're a fan of that (like me) you'll probably enjoy the movie, but it's not as joyless as Man of Steel was at times, another movie I enjoyed greatly. This movie is a spectacle, it's grand and loud, and by the final action sequence I truly felt like these characters were closer to Gods than most other big name superheros; the scale, while not massive in actuality, seemed immense befitting the characters involved.
It's not without its issues, and the common complaint of off-pacing is something I agree with. It's obvious that there's so much to deal with here that some plot-lines get axed, to be restored in the Director's Cut, but almost to the detriment of the subsequent scenes, which seem to come from nowhere. These segments are few and far between, and they certainly didn't greatly impact my experience watching the movie, but they were noticeable.

Overall I feel like Snyder (who's not a director I can claim to have a great love for) did a pretty great job with fitting all the numerous pieces of this movie together into an action packed, enjoyable story with a solid cast, great visuals, and a reverence for the icons it sports. These are not the same Batman and Superman we've seen over the years, and I'm O.K. with that. Variety is the spice of life after all.
micahmannMar 25, 2016
The pacing in the beginning of the movie was a bit rapid in an attempt to set up the players in the multiple storylines, as you would see in a comic book. The final act was a bit too CGI, but still tremendous. Overall the movie was INCREDIBLEThe pacing in the beginning of the movie was a bit rapid in an attempt to set up the players in the multiple storylines, as you would see in a comic book. The final act was a bit too CGI, but still tremendous. Overall the movie was INCREDIBLE FUN! Ben Affleck played a terrific Bruce Wayne/Batman. Henry Cavill is a beautiful, noble, and this time suffering Superman. And Gal Gadot as Diana/Wonder Woman is a star-making performance. Her involvement in the plot and entrance in the final act really set the stage for what is to come in her solo movie and in Justice League. Expand
AL-ALKMar 25, 2016
This movie is bold and visually amazing! If you are interested, go see it, you owe to yourself. Don't depend on my review or anyone else's, trust your own taste and make up your own mind. The action scenes and the characters won't let youThis movie is bold and visually amazing! If you are interested, go see it, you owe to yourself. Don't depend on my review or anyone else's, trust your own taste and make up your own mind. The action scenes and the characters won't let you indifferent.

If you are familiar with comics, it is very consistent with DC Comics and DC animated, you just have to view it as a new story line. It's nothing like a Marvel CU movie(which are usually good popcorn flicks for all the family). In fact, this film is unlike any movie I have ever seen before. Though different, it's a marvel to behold(pun intended).

The theatrical studio cut is a downer but knowing there will be director's cut blue-ray makes up for it.
Gabriells98Mar 25, 2016
This movie was made for super hero fans. If you don't like super-heroes probably you will not like this movie.

"People hate what they don´t understand" - Martha Kent
QpalzmxnskMar 25, 2016
Simply mind blowing...dont go by the words of the critics and skip this movie coz its a must watch for all the DC fans and regular people alike. This is not a marvel action-comedy treat but a dark world in which the heroes struggle bothSimply mind blowing...dont go by the words of the critics and skip this movie coz its a must watch for all the DC fans and regular people alike. This is not a marvel action-comedy treat but a dark world in which the heroes struggle both emotionally and physically. Awesome performance by ben affleck. Zack snyder is the man when it comes to directing movies of this genre Expand
Wolfhound_GDMar 25, 2016
I don't understand why so many people treat this movie like something it is not!
It is not a Nolan movie, it is a solid Snyder movie and it is not a bad thing!
This director had a specific vision for this movie and I enjoyed it! And as I
It is not a Nolan movie, it is a solid Snyder movie and it is not a bad thing!
This director had a specific vision for this movie and I enjoyed it!
And as I like to say to my friends - YOU don't have to listen to anyone, go see the movie and form your OWN opinion! ;)
SethGreyMar 25, 2016
Spoiler free mini review:

THE GOOD: Ben Affleck is quite easily the best live-action Batman. So is Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Gal Gadot did wonders with what little screen time she had. Great fight scenes. Excellent cinematography.
Spoiler free mini review:

THE GOOD:
Ben Affleck is quite easily the best live-action Batman.
So is Jeremy Irons as Alfred.
Gal Gadot did wonders with what little screen time she had.
Great fight scenes.
Excellent cinematography. Simply put it's visually spectacular.
Excellent beginning.
Unpredictable ending.
Hans Zimmer's score.

THE BAD:
It's a rushed setup film for the Justice League, so it's crammed with too many plots/sub-plots.
Bad editing, disjointed scenes (once again due to too many plots)
Main antagonist's motives are unclear.
Some minor plot holes.
Slow middle.
Unnecessary cameo from one particular superhero (could have been a simple end credit scene).

THE UGLY:
Doomsday...he's just a really ugly cgi monster.

In short: It's no masterpiece and there are certainly much better superhero films out there but it isn't a terrible film by any means.

Rating: 7/10
suthnaraMar 25, 2016
Was it good? Yes and no. Firstly casting Ben Affleck as batman was great. To me he is the first actor to fit the persona of Batman and Bruce Wayne. Loved every action scene that he was in. Wonder Woman didnt say much and Superman well same asWas it good? Yes and no. Firstly casting Ben Affleck as batman was great. To me he is the first actor to fit the persona of Batman and Bruce Wayne. Loved every action scene that he was in. Wonder Woman didnt say much and Superman well same as the first. The let down though is the directing. Why so many dream sequences!!?? There where so many long boring scenes that kids in the audience got bored and started chatting among themselves. As for the overall story? I didn't mind the darker view of Batman. Overall it is a good watch although you are going to wish for a remote to fast forward some scenes. Expand
mxxv09Mar 25, 2016
A epic almost grand opera, this film is a visual spectacle and if your a fan of DC or any comic book films you will love it and get very hyped for the DC universe. I will say there are some randoms cuts in the film that kinda mess up the flowA epic almost grand opera, this film is a visual spectacle and if your a fan of DC or any comic book films you will love it and get very hyped for the DC universe. I will say there are some randoms cuts in the film that kinda mess up the flow but it almost feels like a literal comic book brought to life.

Just go watch it for yourself, personally the critics are way too harsh on this film and both fans and audiences are loving it so far. It's easily as good as Age of Ultron if not better. Setting up a whole universe in 1 film was no easy task, but i think Snyder & DC have done it albeit not perfectly but I'm very excited for the future.
LisetteCMar 25, 2016
If you are a comic book fan, have read Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and know the other darker stories of these characters, then you will like this film. I am one of the people who likes Superman lighter, but in this DC universeIf you are a comic book fan, have read Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and know the other darker stories of these characters, then you will like this film. I am one of the people who likes Superman lighter, but in this DC universe version, it fits. So I enjoyed it.

Zack Snyder has a style of film that not all critics appreciate and that sometimes does not allow them to review his films fairly. So my advice to anyone who wants to see it, then go and make up your own mind about it.
VeryShwayMar 25, 2016
Batman Vs Superman was something I was not looking forward to seeing after reading so many negative reviews but how wrong I was. This has to be one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen. The acting, the effects, and the overall toneBatman Vs Superman was something I was not looking forward to seeing after reading so many negative reviews but how wrong I was. This has to be one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen. The acting, the effects, and the overall tone was simply beautiful.

I know many feel differently so I have come to the conclusion we live in a time people have the attention span of goldfish and if its not a quip every 5 seconds for an hour and a half they will not like it. Deadpool is a perfect example of this. Marvel appeals to the masses because people today want a simple funny movie they don't have to feel nor think about too deeply. Sad this is what movies have come to.
adrenilinmattMar 25, 2016
This movie is amazing. The critics love to hate zack snyder. His movies ALWAYS get bad reviews, which is unfair, because man of steel and watchmen are fantastic. And so is dawn of the dead.

See this for yourself, do not listen to the

See this for yourself, do not listen to the critics. Its made for fans. Not for those 50 opinions destroying it right now. I don't love Zack snyder for polarising the critics, i almost wish he could create something in spite of himself so that it gets high praise and everyone will shut up.
jdolan74Mar 31, 2016
This pretty much sums up everyone's conversation / opinion of Batman v Superman:

1: Hey what did you think of BvS DOJ? 2: Hated it! It was the worst. 1: What about Affleck's Batman? 2: Oh that... best Batman ever. Better than Bale and

1: Hey what did you think of BvS DOJ?
2: Hated it! It was the worst.
1: What about Affleck's Batman?
2: Oh that... best Batman ever. Better than Bale and Keaton.
1: How about Wonder Woman?
2: She was phenomenal. Every moment on screen was pure joy.
1: How about Superman and Lois?
2: I really believed their relationship. They did a good job there.
1: Lex Luthor and Doomsday?
2: Eisenberg was such a departure but that Doomsday fight was balls awesome. I have to admit that.
1: Are you excited for more DC movies?
2: Oh absolutely. This movie definitely has me excited for more.
gberryvcuMar 25, 2016
I'm literally baffled as to how anyone can call this mess an "authentic adaptation" or "true to the source material." Most comic books I have read when they make huge plot points actually show the damn work to explain what they are doing.I'm literally baffled as to how anyone can call this mess an "authentic adaptation" or "true to the source material." Most comic books I have read when they make huge plot points actually show the damn work to explain what they are doing. The film still has its moments, and the casting of "Batfleck" turned out far better than the internet assumed it would, but the writing is poor, the editing is worse, and there are parts I still don't know what the hell I was seeing. The movie was about 45 minutes too long, and hopefully DC either boots or leashes Zack Snyder going forward. Expand
beto102Mar 27, 2016
Only fanboys would like this. Slow and short fights, the ending was just a giant mess. I had a great amount of expectations for this movie but I ended up really disappointed.
shazam98Mar 25, 2016
I dont understand why critics hate this movie so much. As someone who was very against the idea of this movie and against batfleck..... I loved the movie. I thought Affleck did great. i LOVED gal gadot as wonder woman. the way they introducedI dont understand why critics hate this movie so much. As someone who was very against the idea of this movie and against batfleck..... I loved the movie. I thought Affleck did great. i LOVED gal gadot as wonder woman. the way they introduced the other members of the justice league I thought was really well done. It was ALMOST too many things in one movie but it ended up just balancing that line and then fortunately the movie ended. But I think for me the idea of this super jaded 20 year old vet of a Batman was just great. The take they did with him I thought was brilliant. I know alot of people probably wont like the take on Lex Luthor either but I really enjoyed this version of a Brilliant nutjob Billionaire scientist over the calm and collected usual Lex. I am a diehard Marvel guy but this movie I think beat Age of Ultron (which is heartbreaking for me cause im in love with Iron Man/RDJ) and I think will be better than Civil War as well unfortunately. Yes the movie had some issues but it isnt life shattering issues like people are making it out to be. People are just hating on it because it didnt follow exact comic books or "batman was too mean" or whatever you want to say. I liked the takes on the film alot. And i wanted to stand up and APPLAUD the freaking movie in the first 10 mins when one of the BIGGEST issues I had with Man of Steel was basically addressed right in the beginning of the film and was something that was vocalized and analyzed throughout the film which I thought was great. Expand
cerealslayerMar 25, 2016
I get the criticism this move is getting but i didnt mind it that much. The cast was great exept lex who was just ok , the fight choreography was great the story was a little messy at times overall me and my friend both had a very good time
juanchuchoMar 25, 2016
The movie is really cool, is the best adaptation of a comic book and seen, Ben Affleck is the best Batman story and the film exceeded my expectations 10
OddThoughtsMar 25, 2016
Not sure how this movie is scoring so low. It's EXACTLY what I was hoping for. It has a slow burn start but then gets going at a lightning pace. It can hard to keep track of all the subplots and the characters psychologies are looked at byNot sure how this movie is scoring so low. It's EXACTLY what I was hoping for. It has a slow burn start but then gets going at a lightning pace. It can hard to keep track of all the subplots and the characters psychologies are looked at by dream analysis. That is an interesting way to look at who they are deep down. However it may be too subtle for some. That shouldn't take away from the overall experience.
All in all it's another work of art from Snyder.
eNchantedHamMar 25, 2016
Definitely a movie for the comic fans. Hits the right comic book notes. Others will probably feel inattentive until the fights. Eissenberg could've been better.
ProsmoothApr 1, 2016
Good news. If you like Batman and Superman--they are both in this movie. Bad news. You're not going to recognize either one of them--unless you already saw Batman as a psychotic Donald Trump, and Superman as a whiny emo loser.
QuietGiantMar 25, 2016
I've been a fan of the genre and the director for quite a while, even the polarizing Man of Steel. With that I can say: what a mess...Jumbled, incoherent, illogical, poorly written and directed. I removed as much expectation as possible goingI've been a fan of the genre and the director for quite a while, even the polarizing Man of Steel. With that I can say: what a mess...Jumbled, incoherent, illogical, poorly written and directed. I removed as much expectation as possible going in and was ready to absorb each creative decision with an open mind and still I could barely find a single facet to approve of by the end. Even the cameos of (hopefully) better things to come were poorly handled. I am so curious as to what the hell happened for everything to go so wrong. Altogether a colossal disappointment for me.

P.S.: No after credits sequence, if you were wondering.
BertoflyingfoxMar 25, 2016
What a mess of a movie. Fans can swear up and down that this is a "serious" superhero flick....but it isnt. All the plotholes and illogical pacing make this the funniest superhero movie I have ever seen. Cavill is once again human cardboardWhat a mess of a movie. Fans can swear up and down that this is a "serious" superhero flick....but it isnt. All the plotholes and illogical pacing make this the funniest superhero movie I have ever seen. Cavill is once again human cardboard in a suit, Batfleck is all style while betraying source material, and I'm pretty sure Lex Luthor is really The Riddler from Batman Forever. The redundancies fly high, from stopping an alien who destroyed a city....by destroying a city; to Luthor knowing way too much because he apparently traveled to normal Earth and stole the BvS script.

Despite the runtime being too long, it still isnt enough for Znyder to make a coherent set-up for the Justice League. Oh yeah, Wonder Woman was there for a bit and it was about as good as a quick cameo can get. There is no quick cameo on Earth thats good enough to save a 150-minute mess though....

Also, I can't imagine any kid going to see this and not being bored to tears...if it was made for comic fans, then they should've dropped the PG-13 rating.
davoid15Mar 25, 2016
Batman and Lex stole the show away from a once again bored looking Henry Cavill. Despite some stumbles at the beginning and end, you'll walk away entertained, if only for the fight scenes that Batman actually gets to take part in.
UrbanlistenerMar 25, 2016
Prepare for the epic and biggest boxing match of history, featuring America's two greatest heroes now turned foes, who will clash against each other, for 6 minutes and then become best friends. I've waited 3 full years for this film toPrepare for the epic and biggest boxing match of history, featuring America's two greatest heroes now turned foes, who will clash against each other, for 6 minutes and then become best friends. I've waited 3 full years for this film to arrive, I was so excited, so hyped for this film and when it ended, well It's very sad for me to say, I was kinda disappointed... But let's start with the positive here : first, Batffleck is the best batman ever. He is raw, dark, violent, gritty and he seriously doesn't give a sh** anymore. Everything about him in the movie is A+++. Superman for his part is pretty good, Cavill did a good job, a better one than in MoS in my opinion, he delivers as you can expect and the fight between him and the bat (the only one) is incredible, it literally is fanboy fap material. Alfred is also very good and badass, as well as Perry and Lois Lane is also decent. Now for the negative part : it is not Batman v Superman, let's be honest its a trailer for Justice League. There is no actual plot or mission or quest in the movie, its pretty much random scenes involving short fragment of stories that would deserve a whole 2 hours film for themselves. The movie is very incoherent and discombobulated, it doesn't feel like a whole story in which you get involved. Its just random clips that doesn't really tie in together. For the character of Lex Luthor, he is not very good, he is exactly what you saw in the trailer but for nearly 3 hours... And the ending is... okay I guess? I mean it's a big CGI action fest with a big CGI thing that doesn't look and act anything like the real Doomsday... To conclude, the movie is the second trailer. What you saw in there and you thought would represent the film, you were 100% right. It's not necessarily bad, Batman did look phenomenal in it, as well as superman, the fight between them was incredible and I like me some good ol' CGI epic action from time to time. Expand
GreykingMar 25, 2016
This movie is not for families, not for children, not even for true fans of comic books. While being a cinematic beauty, the story and motivations of the characters were straight trash. I can't even count the ways. But let me expound a fewThis movie is not for families, not for children, not even for true fans of comic books. While being a cinematic beauty, the story and motivations of the characters were straight trash. I can't even count the ways. But let me expound a few non spoilers. Batman is a murderer. Superman is a depressed mopey guy who needs a therapist and possibly Xanax. Wonder Woman is a pretty woman with an Israeli accent. Lex Luthor is the worst nonsensical version of Lex Luthor ever depicted on screen. The movie is long, dark, and joyless. Unlike the Heroes of the Marvel Universe who are having fun even when everything is going haywire the Heroes of the DC cinematic universe act like someone is forcing them to save the world. If you are really looking for a great Superman/Batman team up go dig up the animated film Superman & Batman: World's Finest. Expand
pnathan_28Mar 25, 2016
so I just watched the movie and it's a 6/10 at best, which is really disappointing because by now WB/DC should know better. all the narrative problems and bizarre characterizations from the Man of Steel are still problematic to the narrative.so I just watched the movie and it's a 6/10 at best, which is really disappointing because by now WB/DC should know better. all the narrative problems and bizarre characterizations from the Man of Steel are still problematic to the narrative. the editing is confusing and Jesse Isenberg's Luthor is appalling! I had such high hopes for the movie and the DCU especially since I really like Cavill and Affleck in this, but I fear as long as Snyder and that hack Goyer are still involved in the Universe it's going to be perpetually mediocre. That is a true shame because there was so much potential for these movies to have been great. Expand
EpicLadySpongeMar 25, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (as in its title) is so misleading even changing the v to and makes it even more misleading. How misleading is it? Well, you got the fact that the trailers spoiled the entire movie before the movie even gets released to theaters. Four new DC characters entered the fight in the DC Extended Universe... and they are: Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash, and Cyborg. Why even call it Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice when you have so many DC characters and we all know another threat's going to interrupt the fight of a lifetime? If anything, I'd call it Dawn of Justice because it makes a better title than the actual title itself. Please save your money. We don't want you to end up knowing its goofs before giving it either a negative or a mixed. Everyone loves two main characters fighting each other... (Remember Freddy vs. Jason?)... and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice pretty much have its fans roaring back when the critics and I have already found out its mistakes before its theatrical release.

SPOILERS: No one wins.
SEOJesseMar 25, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very Mild Spoilers. I clicked the box just to be sure.

I was so happy I got to see this film. As a fan of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman ever since I was a 8 years old, I was hooked in immediately. This film was made for us DC comic geeks. There were more Easter Eggs than I could count. The characters were well cast, and the action was solid. The shots and cinematography was absolutely stunning. Was it perfect? No. No move is. Even films like The Wrath of Khan have issues. It happens. It was very complex, but I didn't feel it was to the point of being bloated. It was fun, but still dark. It had a sad tone, which I feel may have put people off who are used to lighter, more family-friendly comic book movies.

The cameos to the other Justice League members were brief, but handled well. The Flash appearing through the Speed Force was brilliant. Wonder Woman was powerful. Ben Affleck is THE Batman of a generation, and Henry Cavil was great. The movie tried to balance the personal lives of the heroes with the suited lives, and for the most part, it succeeded. A hyper ambitious film made for adults who love adult themed comic stories.

Most of all, I loved how both Batman and Superman showed forgiveness and mercy towards one another in their fight. There was a moment when they could have easily killed each other, and something stopped them. That's what we all as fans wanted to see.

Thanks so much to Snyder & Co. You pleased this fan greatly! Going to see it again soon!
20 of 40 users found this helpful2020
Silver556Mar 25, 2016
Great movie, great acting, great visuals and "good" story. Don't mind the negative reviews and watch the movie for yourself and decide. It's 10x better than MoS. Highly recommend watching it. i know i'll watch it 3 more times.
Penny_DCMar 25, 2016
Amazing superheros movie. Do not listen critics, because... "People hate what they don't understand."
this movie is 10 times better from SW:TFA, Deadpool, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Amazing Spider-man 1 &2, Thor 1&2, Ironman 2&3, Ant man...
Vulture333Mar 25, 2016
This film is gorgeous. The Acting, The Special Effects, The Plot. All at the highest level. Who has not watched, must see this is worth the money spent.
mariowbpMar 25, 2016
Isn't the movie we deserve, that is what we need. It is the best adaptation of Batman and Wonder Woman that has been the most faithful to the comics, without detracting from the previous movies.
vishalgoradia27Mar 25, 2016
Alright...I will try and keep the review as non biased as possible.
Alright...I will try and keep the review as non biased as possible.
First off, the movie is not perfect in any way possible. This was a SIX hour movie compressed into 2.5 hours and the final scene was completely shoehorned (doomsday Thing). That being said, the first part of the movie was pretty much perfect.

Things I loved about the movie.
1. All things to do with batman.
2. Wonder Woman was pretty kickass.
3. I actually enjoyed the lex luthor take of the movie.
4. The visuals are freaking awesome.
5. The flash coming in was really fun too.
6. The superman doing good montage was really awesome.

Things that I wish they had done differently
1. should have made the movie longer. although the movie juggled too many plot lines, none of them were seen to fruition.
2. The movie made the dangerous assumption of thinking that all the moviegoers will understand all the subplots which are dropped in the movie. Now I had no problem since i am familiar with the comic book lore; but on the other hand, I had to constantly explain these things to my clueless friends.

Things that I did not like about the movie at all
1. The editing and cutting is not good. (Hoping to god that the extended version will do some good) .
2. Anything related to the metro news plot.
3. Doomsday.

All in all..... if you are a casual movie goer, you will have a decent time; If you are going in just to pass your time, you might end up not liking the movie; But if you are a fan and actually know the comic lore, you will love it.

Hope this review Helps.
FrenchdukeMar 25, 2016
I've never reviewed a film on this site before but felt that I needed to in response to the overwhelming negative reviews I read online. This is a great film. It's not an amazing film by any stretch of the imagination but it is nowhere nearI've never reviewed a film on this site before but felt that I needed to in response to the overwhelming negative reviews I read online. This is a great film. It's not an amazing film by any stretch of the imagination but it is nowhere near as bad as the critics are making out.

This is a great DC Universe film and the cast are, for the most part, excellent. The only character that didn't work was Lex but apart from that everyone was great. Sure the pacing stuttered in places, the dialogue was poor in others and the end section dragged (for me) but generally I was entertained and enjoyed the film.

Ben Affleck is the definitive screen Batman for me. His size, tone and approach were spot on.

I'm looking forward to the next one.
assasasMar 25, 2016
This is a very good rappresentation of what is Dc universe. I finally saw Batman in a movie. The real Batman, the dark Batman of Miller. You have to see this movie. At the moment, for me, it's the best cinecomic. Now I wait for Justice League.
MoviebuffreviewMar 25, 2016
I wanted to love Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. So badly. Although my expectations were low, I hoped for the best, and all I wanted to do was to have fun.

I underestimated this movie. I underestimated how bad it would really be.

I underestimated this movie. I underestimated how bad it would really be.

Batman v Superman introduces a semi-interesting Batman, presents a few cool visuals, and the story itself has some ideas in it that have potential. However, the script itself is a mess, being one of the worst screenplays in terms of structure that I have seen in recent memory. The movie has about seven storylines going on all at once, none of which tie together in any cohesive way, and none of which get enough screen time to be developed or interesting. Here, characters feel empty and shallow. Ideas are silenced by explosions. Potential future storylines are wasted.

After enjoying Man of Steel, and being a fan of the genre, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is one of the biggest letdowns in cinematic history. It's messy, tonally confused, often times unintentionally funny, and every bit as much boring.

When the film was first announced at Comic-Con a few years ago, the sheer epic nature of the announcement had me in giddy tears. Now, I am practically in tears once again. But not for the reasons that I had hoped.
tdk1988Mar 25, 2016
Act 1 : 9/10 This was good despite some pacing issues.
Act 2 : 9/10 I wanted a good batman superman battle and i got it
Act 3 : 4/10 The Action was messy and i didn't like the Doomsday CGI So an overall 7.3 The ending final act should
Act 1 : 9/10 This was good despite some pacing issues.
Act 2 : 9/10 I wanted a good batman superman battle and i got it
Act 3 : 4/10 The Action was messy and i didn't like the Doomsday CGI
So an overall 7.3 The ending final act should have been way much better a big letdown
KKaneIRLMar 25, 2016
I've read people say things like Wonder Woman was under developed and should have had more screen time whilst also saying the film was too crowded, make up your mind cause I don't think you know what you want. This was exactly as the theI've read people say things like Wonder Woman was under developed and should have had more screen time whilst also saying the film was too crowded, make up your mind cause I don't think you know what you want. This was exactly as the the title describes... Batman v Superman (DAWN of justice) as in the very beginning of the JL and bats and super really do go at it. Amazing action scenes, bats is an older version that is clearly on the edge after fighting crime for 20years. I don't get what more you could ask for in this film, there were some poor editing of scenes near the end and Jessie Esienberg was a bit dung but everyone else nailed it, Wonder Woman is a bad ass. Expand
BeauFullerMar 25, 2016
I must say this up front, I read the comics and enjoy them very much.

I must say this up front, I read the comics and enjoy them very much.

Onto the movie. I does have a little bit of hollowness to it at times, and I would say this might come in part because we haven't seen Ben Affleck just be Batman yet, so it's hard to come around to that fact. Once you get past that, the movie kinda forces some scenes.

Then once you look past all of that and just watch to have fun, it's a great movie, period.
KimomarudotcomMar 25, 2016
Loved this movie! Zack Snyder's comic book movies feel like they make fidelity to the source material a priority and that they're made by people who read and appreciate the material from which they're based. I would describe BvS in thisLoved this movie! Zack Snyder's comic book movies feel like they make fidelity to the source material a priority and that they're made by people who read and appreciate the material from which they're based. I would describe BvS in this way; imagine if someone made a movie of Superman and the Legion of Superheroes (Action Comics #858-863) and tried to stay as close to the material as possible. That movie, I think, would kind of move and feel the same way BvS does. There are moments when the movie moves fast, others when it slows down, but they all build on each other and in the end we're left with human characters and their frailties. There's a Batman on a crusade who must face his own demons at a really tense moment in the film. A Wonder Woman who has been fighting the good fight for a long time and has her own back story and raison d'etre. And a Superman who struggles to do the right thing and sometimes can't manage to. They come together in the final battle and it's pretty awesome. I don't usually enjoy comic book movies, but I find Snyder's films enjoyable. I can't wait to get it on Blu Ray. Expand
eagleeyevikingMar 25, 2016
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice boasts impressive visuals and well orchestrated action sequences, but disappoints with a couple of poor villains and a plot that is incoherent and illogical.
BleezyDMar 25, 2016
This movie was good and entertaining. If you're a fan of Man of Steel, you will very much enjoy this movie. Ben Affleck was great as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Gal was an awesome Wonder Woman, even if we didnt get to see her in action veryThis movie was good and entertaining. If you're a fan of Man of Steel, you will very much enjoy this movie. Ben Affleck was great as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Gal was an awesome Wonder Woman, even if we didnt get to see her in action very much. Overall though, the movie was well done. It's not perfect but it is definitely entertaining. Expand
XenonQMar 25, 2016
I will do what professors do -- start off by giving the movie the full score of 10/10, and then deduct points mistake by mistake.

- First of all, it's not true that the movie is overcrowded. It has just the right amount of players. But it IS disjointed. There are quite a few scenes that have no business with the story, and they are painfully obvious. All those flashbacks, flashforwards, and such -- the movie would have been better without them. It grabs you by the ears, pulls you up, and screams in your face, "I AM A SET UP." So I deduct 1 point for that.

- Batman. While Afleck's performance is great, and he looks great, they didn't get the character of Batman right. He is a murderer and a moron. He has no problem mowing people down like grass from the Batwing's machine guns, and he allows Luthor to lead him on like a dog. He is supposed to be one of the smartest people in the world. This is a big problem, so I deduct 2 points.

- I was debating whether I should deduct any for Cavill's Superman. I said long ago, that he better be inspiring hope in this one. And....well he kinda does. While he looks great and we see him go out of his way to save people, he still has that angry/frowny face on when he is in the suit. And it's a shame because we know that Cavill is very charming. I'm convinced that Snyder told him not to smile whenever he is in the suit. However, I can somewhat understand -- after all, the faith and hate of the entire world are on his shoulders. That gotta bring even the most cheerful guy down. So I'm not deducting.

- Eisenberg's Luthor...I honestly can't speak for him. Yes, he definitely plays himself here. And I know that for many, that will be a huge miscast. But personally, I don't know if Eisenberg's quirky Luthor is not the right kind of Luthor. So, I'll leave it up in the air.

- All other actors did a great job at their respectful roles.

Those are my main impressions of BvS. It's a mess of a movie, but it's a glorious spectacle. 7/10
VonDrewski94Mar 25, 2016
Dark, Gritty, and Spectacular.

Dark, Gritty, and Spectacular.

If you are going into this movie to see some brightly dressed action heroes fight together and crack some comedic lines to ease the tension, you'll be disappointed. THIS IS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE FOR ADULTS. The stakes in this story are overwhelming massive compared to any other superhero films that have come before it. Serious plot devices are incorporated and the violence of combat is NOT glorified or glossed over. Actions have consequences.

The fight scenes, alone, are worth going to see this film on the big screen. The choreography is fluid, hypnotizing, and brutal. The way each action scene is filmed and cut together also propels them into being draw dropping experiences. However, each of the fights have massive amounts of motivation behind them, so you'll never feel like characters are fighting just for the sake of it. The intensity of the world is established along with the costs of violence are established early on.

The story is brilliant and takes unexpected twists and turns. I will not spoil anything here, but it implements certain plot points from glorified comic books as well as new and exciting plot points to make the movie unique and unpredictable in its own right.

Cinematography and music are exceptional. If director Zack Snyder is known for one thing, it is his amazing talent of organizing and framing shots in order to tell a truly visual and breath-taking story. He succeeds in this once again with flying colors. Music by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL also offer very memorable tunes that will allow you to feel the energy or emotional of any scene.

Finally, Ben Affleck is the most intense, brutal, and emotionally tormented batman ever put to screen. Gal Gadot offers an interesting look into Wonder Woman, although, thankfully, she is only used when she is needed to the story. Henry Cavill offers a similar performance for Superman as we saw of him in Man of Steel, however this particular film offers a far greater deal of emotional struggles for him to really sink his teeth into and impress. The other supporting characters give solid performances, however one might be shocked or disappointed if they are expecting "copied and pasted" versions of the characters from the comic books to be in the film. For example Lex Luthor has been completely reinvented as the villain, but is used very effectively in the story. You'll love to hate him, which is good.

My final thoughts for anyone who is thinking about seeing the film...GO SEE IT AND FORM YOUR OWN OPINION. Most critic's criticisms spawn from the dark and "boring" nature of the story told. It is not boring. It is a dark story, but critics should know that a dark story doesn't mean the film can't be enjoyed. It's unique and still a spectacle of cinema that doesn't come around very often. You've never seen a comic book movie like this, trust me. Go see it if you're interested!!!
X-21Mar 25, 2016
PeterParkerMar 25, 2016
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the best DC movie ever. For the first time we can see DC super heroes together at the cinema. This is the beginning of a great DC Cinematic Universe.
DeathSladeMar 25, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the Good:
Great casting
Great action
Great references
Great setup for future installments
Interesting plot
the Bad:
Batman kills
Superman kills
Too many characters
Too much special effects at the end
Superman dies too soon
BackflashMar 25, 2016
I think the best part of the movie is the new movie characters of Dc universe...Batman Wonderwoman and etc.
But ithink lex luthor wasnt that good...
But ithink lex luthor wasnt that good...
And i think the problem that most haters of this movie have is that they expected much more by watching trailers...but i myself loved the movie...and maybe some people werent comfortable with the movies ending
thehmcMar 25, 2016
Just watched this flop. This isn't a superhero movie. This is a sub-mediocre action movie with superheroes thrown in to make it seem interesting and milk the trend. Great for 13 year old edge lords. Go see if you're a latent Juggalo.
akhilsureshMar 25, 2016
Batman v Superman review: screw the critics and rotten tomatoes ....this movie is hands down the best DC movie experience ever ....I'm a comic book fan an i think the movie stuck to it that way...
ChesterCheetoMar 25, 2016
I saw it and was surprised how good it was. I thought Eissenberg was going to be annoying and Gadot terrible. They were great. I expected a 8 but got a 9.8. Soo much content without drowning the audience.
Lennon-SMar 25, 2016
What a god awful mess! If people are that hungry to see Batman and Superman together in the same film I feel very sorry for the public at large! How on earth could anyone other than the most extreme of fans enjoy this? I often hear of othersWhat a god awful mess! If people are that hungry to see Batman and Superman together in the same film I feel very sorry for the public at large! How on earth could anyone other than the most extreme of fans enjoy this? I often hear of others saying that they walked out on a film and this one was near close for me! The South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew" was all I could think about afterwords as I also want my money back! This was not fun and it was not or entertaining at all! Expand
OdorisforpusiesMar 25, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok so I just got finished watching the flick, and honestly unless you're a winny critic and an actual superhero fan you'll be pleased to know that this movie follows in a great way the comic characters IN WHICH THEY'RE BASED, I read that most "professional reviewers" wouldn't enjoy the the flick because it "was a setup for what's to come" and honestly I felt completely different, yes don't get me wrong they introduce characters like Aquaman, Flash(by the way both of his cameos was amazingly well managed), Cyborg, but as I just mentioned THEY'RE ONLY CAMEOS so yeah that covers my rant about how some people are not fairly criticising the film ,now into the REAL MOVIE, I loved how they managed the whole "Batman Origins in 5 quick minutes" and how they went straight into the action showing how 20 years changed Batman into a more "Break your whole body if you commit crimes" plus the whole "if your were bad I'm going to brand you with a bat symbol so that you get killed in prison system" so you know he's a more different take(in one point you could say collateral damage caused by him got bad guys killed) so yeah I liked this new incarnation of Batman, even thought he sometimes killed... Now Superman... Well I liked how now he's managing the whole Clark Kent and Superman and the same time plus LEX LUTHOR JR. who Jesse Eissenberg did a great job at handling the whole psycho/not psycho situation, now into the fight of fights, well they did a great job(Batman won in a very cheap kryptonite way in my opinion) but at least THERE WAS A WINNER and well at least for me Doomsday looked amazing! Oh and Gal Gadot as WW WAS SIMPLY AWESOME, so yeah if you like comics(DC specially) I highly recommend go seeing this movie and don't worry Superman's just in a coma a kryptonian one *wink* *wink* I give this flick a solid 9/10 Expand
DarrenlikemovieMar 25, 2016
Zack gave us a masterpiece years of wait and here is a amazing film packed with action I got to agree there are some flaws like setting up to much other films and npt enough batman fighting superman but you have to know this is AWESOME!! OneZack gave us a masterpiece years of wait and here is a amazing film packed with action I got to agree there are some flaws like setting up to much other films and npt enough batman fighting superman but you have to know this is AWESOME!! One other reason is batfleck and Wonder Woman Expand
TheApplegnomeMar 25, 2016
BvS is a fine example of Zach Snyder’s awful storytelling, but it’s an enjoyable (& messy) ride with many ups, downs but mostly: “meh-s”.

It’s a great ethical ride into the DC Universe with more perspective on the events that transpired in ‘Man of Steel’, and it does succeed to bring more development of the plot. It got a clever way to mislead our two main heroes, and the audience, to think that they are each others enemies. But the way the movie was crafted wasn’t that much of a clever move. It’s one overly long flick with way too many introductions of characters & their corresponding backgrounds. Ben Affleck shines, meanwhile the motivations of Batman himself and his doings is very questionable. It’s the same with some of the other characters; bad writing? The romance however is surprisingly adorable, but vaguely developed nor a better inside to their love is ever seen. The development of the characters is not to be undermined though; very genuine understanding of why and how events transpire is a constant trait.

Did Zach Snyder improve? Yes, but not nearly enough. BvS might lack severe plot holes as what MoS had, but instead it presented new problems of his direction. His never ending love for vague CGI and destruction is never going to go away. BvS started in a very mature, figurative & overall great way with even some political & “morality vs emotions”- moments. But then reality checked in, and Snyder delivered a stunning visual mess with an unnecessary third baddie and a meh-and-predictable ending. Still; it’s a superhero flick and for the fans I hope it’ll please with its groovy action. But how long can DC continue to fail so many of the existing audience, while only please a “small” majority? It might actually be Zach Snyder’s last, even though it does show promise to many out there, even for me to some degree.

Personal rating: 70/100
Critical rating: 50/100
TheDude-Mar 26, 2016
Batman Vs Superman Dawn Of Justice is one of the most perplexing films I have seen in my life there is a lot to enjoy here such as the brilliant performances From all of the cast as they all bring their own personal touch to their roleBatman Vs Superman Dawn Of Justice is one of the most perplexing films I have seen in my life there is a lot to enjoy here such as the brilliant performances From all of the cast as they all bring their own personal touch to their role especially Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, The movie also boasts an interesting storyline bringing up such question's as "Is superman a saviour or only causing as much destruction as those he is trying to protect us from" the film also has some of the most creative visuals and action sequences seen on the big screen in quite some time but unfortunately the film suffers from severe pacing issues scrambling through a multitude of character arcs, plot points and set up for sequels that the film had great trouble balancing which in turn made the film clustered and didn't leave much room for the characters to develop over the course of the film because of how many things it was trying to focus on at once.
Overall I had some fun with the film but has much room for improvement
20 of 47 users found this helpful2027
GameAnalyzerMar 25, 2016
One of the prime requisite for movie to connect to audience is not jumping into explosive CGI actions. There is time and pacing involved heavily with it. BvS adopts a unique style to pit the iconic characters against each other. The premiseOne of the prime requisite for movie to connect to audience is not jumping into explosive CGI actions. There is time and pacing involved heavily with it. BvS adopts a unique style to pit the iconic characters against each other. The premise comes to its senses when the action unfolds. This is where Snyder has accomplished his feat. The same reason why the movie works for me as the title. The first hour that complements to this development is one of the USP followed by the last act. It's looks unconventional when we see the characters getting involved in the climactic act. But what mattered is how Snyder brought on the aesthetic appeal for comic book fans with the intense action. Wonderwoman should have have add more segments but she does a real good job and becomes the 2nd USP in this movie. If there would be a positive word of mouth, it'd certainly be Wonderwoman centric. Eisenberg deserves a little praise for his skills on Lex Luthor portrayal. Lois Lane should have been used more effectively as a character. The only issue I felt was her timing in the action sequences that kept appearing as a distraction because I demanded immediate action. Overall as a comic book fan, I've been satisfied. I believe if DCEU needs to stand apart, they need to just improvise on this unique style. This could well be the trump card and a reason to stay on a different league than mainstream superhero movies. Expand
olvlvlMar 25, 2016
Except for Alexander Luthor, that was more of a joker with obscure motivations than anything else, and Lois Lane that felt lacking in emotions, I loved everything about the movie, and it's the first time I actually liked Superman. To bad weExcept for Alexander Luthor, that was more of a joker with obscure motivations than anything else, and Lois Lane that felt lacking in emotions, I loved everything about the movie, and it's the first time I actually liked Superman. To bad we didn't see more of Wonder Woman. The movie looks very good, like it's actually a movie, shot by a movie director, and not a glorified TV show (I'm looking at you Avengers). The movie is dark, gritty, exhaled. Some of Batman visions are breath taking. Also the music is awesome, some of the violins really make your teeth cringe. Loved it! Expand
TurboRage90Mar 25, 2016
All i will say is that Ben Affleck is the best batman so far, fantastic acting and plenty of amazing action, this movie is nothing short of a masterpiece. GO SEE IT NOW!!!
clarkestarMar 25, 2016
Batman V Superman is a cinematic tour de force.

Batman V Superman is a cinematic tour de force.

The diegesis is grounded in an elegant flurry of dirty aesthetic and cinematic realism, with thematic and philosophical elements handled with the best ideation montage I have seen outside of the more experimental though less accessible niche art house film scene.

Though my opinion seems at odds with many critics, I think Zack Snyder has done a terrific job realising the world of Batman and Superman for the silver screen; an outstanding achievement by an accomplished and incredibly talented director. Thank you Snyder for your contribution to the DC Universe.

I look forward to the next instalment.
TheRicktatorMar 25, 2016
Just got back from seeing ‪#‎BatmanvSuperman‬. What an emotional and exhilarating ride. Ignore those critics. It was close to perfection.

Ben Affleck is the best Batman yet.

9.7 / 10

Downside, some scenes felt choppy.
mrrameshmechMar 25, 2016
"Awesome" movie. very good visual effects. my fav best movie ever. I'm the big fan of batman and the batman character in the movie was very good. the batman fight scenes are very good like the arkham knight video games.
Alcard9Mar 25, 2016
Epic and very good rappresentation of the DC Universe. The first step of DCCU. Ben Affleck is awsome, Gal Gadot is simply beatifoul. Don't listen the critics and run to see this special movie.
thebat23Mar 25, 2016
i can get this hating of the community...this movie was awesome, let me repeat we got 2 and half hours of batman and superman i which the movie went 3 hours !!!

now let be objectif : Ben afleck was Great as Batman the new Alfred is

now let be objectif :
Ben afleck was Great as Batman
the new Alfred is amazing
we got a sneak peek of the Flash, aquaman even what is gonna happen in the future
we got to see batman alone in Action, superman to and then this battle and for everyone who read the comics , he couldn´t be happier...zack zynder did a good work and i hope his gonna get the chance to do more of the DC movies !!

well we can speak about the end...but everyone who now the story, he gonna understand, why they choose this path !!
Eduardo05Mar 25, 2016
The movie doesn't deserve the bad reviews has gotten. BvS isn't the masterpiece many waited for, however isn't as bad as critics say. There are some other movies worst than this one, and they got higher scores such as Iron man 3 or Thor 2. IThe movie doesn't deserve the bad reviews has gotten. BvS isn't the masterpiece many waited for, however isn't as bad as critics say. There are some other movies worst than this one, and they got higher scores such as Iron man 3 or Thor 2. I just scored it 10 to help the movie out with the critics, nevertheless the movie is a solid 8, you will have a great time watching it. The second trailer only had one minor spoiler, otherwise there will be some good unexpected moments, Ben affleck was good as batman, some would argue is the best batman so far; alfred was nice also; wonder woman and lex luthor played their roles outstandingly; although henry cavill could improve for his next movies. Expand
Stoyan78Mar 25, 2016
Great movie!

I support this comment : " Good casting, gal gadot was the best, the plot was awsome, lex was awsome, batmobile scene was cool, so many refrence if u look close enough. justice league cameo was spot on great "
FdgunMar 25, 2016
i like it. i bring my wife and my friend to see it. and overall like it. 7/10. one of my friend even gave it 8.5/10 and he kind a man who like oldies and classic film.
BvS is a very much DC story. It is an ambitious project --> bring live
BvS is a very much DC story. It is an ambitious project --> bring live action superheroes with grounded feeling/story, taking our world issues/problems/views about superheroes to the film, merge it with many many comics/story, making them felt as real as possible... but without leaving how cartoonish superheroes concept really are. For that i gave WB/DC, especially Zack a thumb up.
but this movie also has problems. the main problem are probably bcoz this movies actually are 2 main story. As its felt that the highlight of this story is coming from TDK frank miller and Doomsday related story by Dan Jurgens (i won't say the name of the title). there are too many element here that drag audience's focus from here to there and to another place and etc...etc... I meant Zack present the background story material in the movie but it seem to be failed to be delivered to the audience very well.

so bottom line... yeah, the movie is not perfect. the story is too ambitious. the style is probably not too popular. but it surely fun to watch. You have to see it to experience it.
ctn1187Mar 25, 2016
The best way I describe Batman v Superman is, it's a congested beautiful mess. There are several problems with editing and with the direction of the overall movie.......
However, the third act of the movie was one of the most entertaining
However, the third act of the movie was one of the most entertaining things I've seen in the last 10 years.
Ben Affleck was terrific. Literally. His Bruce Wayne/Batman was the best thing bout this movie by far. I literally clapped after one scene in particular. I thought to myself "That's **** Batman". And the way that Alfred is used is tremendous. I am all about having this version of Batman get his own movie/movies.
Other things I liked: Jesse Eisenberg. This Lex Luthor will be either liked or hated, but his performance was tremendous. He went for it and I believed him. The transition of his character was very good. However,
I thought Cavil was great as Superman. Amy Adams was great as usual as well.
There are some major flaws. Some of the subplots were either not needed or just bad. The editing was bad. I don't know how a movie with this budget gets that badly edited. Some of the scenes drag and some of the scenes are very random. The story itself though was good but just needed a better director and editor.
Overall, I recommend experience this. It's not a great movie by any means, but it's a really cool experience. The Batman stuff is worth it alone.
MoneyMaker101Mar 25, 2016
Zack Snyder has to go! That being said I think this movie is very good.To start with Ben Affleck,I was obviously very skeptical about his role as Batman because he is a good actor but I didn't think he could have pulled it off,I mean it's aZack Snyder has to go! That being said I think this movie is very good.To start with Ben Affleck,I was obviously very skeptical about his role as Batman because he is a good actor but I didn't think he could have pulled it off,I mean it's a Batman role it's not some silly character like I don't know Hawkeye (shots fired).You have to play Batman great because he has a HUGE fanbase! It was a very difficult task for Ben especially after AMAZING Christian Bale performance in a classic Batman trilogy that saved the character(THANK YOU CHRISTOPHER NOLAN).In my opinion,I think Ben is comfortably FOR NOW,the second best Batman on screen OF ALL TIME (slightly behind Bale),he did an amazing job,the acting,emotions he was a great Bruce also and I am very very pleased with his performance.His fighting in this movie is freaking FABOULOUS,AMAZING,FANTASTIC etc.etc.You can see how they have taken fighting styles from Batman Arkham games and put it in the movie,WAY BETTER FIGHTING THAN IN NOLAN MOVIES! Henry Cavill...he was good,but I think the NEW DIRECTOR of upcoming Superman,or Justice League movies should really show more vulnerable Superman,IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE HIM WAY VULNERABLE ,he is not a perfect man,I think they should put some kind of dream sequences where Superman is struggling to bear with his destructed homeland and give us something about Superman to make us feel really sorry for him,to humiliate him in huge way possible and to probably make him feel like a dirt that he can't find a way to continue living.Gal Gadot is beautiful and she did a good job on Wonder Woman,she is a perfect pick IMO.It was probably kinda awkward seeing her fighting with Doomsday at the end of the movie I think she was slightly out of place but maybe it's just me.Anyways she got a decent amount of screen time I guess.Jesse Eisenberg did a good job too.I guess it was maybe awkward of seeing him portrait Lex who is a deranged mastermind but it maybe felt like a Lex Luthor in a puberty crisis.Maybe they should have went with a mature actor but I guess they went on some direction we see Lex as a younger guy which is ok.Amy Addams was nice as always she is a great actress! Overall if I had to give some kind of realistic rating for this movie I would give it 7/10 but here I will give it a higher rating because of Marvel fanboys who will blast this movie.It's a very nice movie,it's not something that will blow your minds off and like OMG THIS IS BEST MOVIE EVER but it's definitely NOT some piece of trash these so called "professional" movie critics say it is.Saying it's a dull movie is false,saying it's not FUN,yes they said it's NOT FUN is even more false.I guess nowadays movies must have so many jokes and funny moments to get "approved" mark! You know,not every single movie has to be fun ,a movie that you can watch with your family all smiling and eating lunch while watching it.There are movies that are quality but with darker theme.I have never watched a movie more than once in cinema but I think I will see this one more time or twice just to flip the finger to movie critics. Expand
CesarSkywalkerMar 25, 2016
Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot are a great Batman and Wonder Woman that deserved a better movie. I really liked Man of Steel and have been pumped for nearly three years and put a lot of faith into this movie only to have it let me down. A waste anBen Affleck and Gal Gadot are a great Batman and Wonder Woman that deserved a better movie. I really liked Man of Steel and have been pumped for nearly three years and put a lot of faith into this movie only to have it let me down. A waste an operatic scope, good ideas and decent action; instead we have fractured storytelling, a dull first half and nearly half of Superman's legacy crammed into one movie. This is nearly everything that naysayers said it was going to be, but as Superman and Batman are my favorite heroes I was too excited to listen or see the warning. Never thought I'd say this, but I want Snyder off Justice League. He knows how to hype up a crowd, but also failing to deliver. Did I hate it? No. But neither is it good. This honestly ranks up with The Phantom Menace and Prometheus as one of the biggest cinematic let downs. Just wait for Suicide Squad.

Probably best if we all just pretend this never happened.
andre27May 26, 2017
Um excelente filme que tem de ser visto com calma para se perceber. Gostei. Bons actores, a cena de luta entre o Batman e o Superhomen foi muito fixe e o aparecimento da WonderWoman top.
jc12Sep 15, 2018
This is easily the lousiest movie on the planet. The plot is horrible, there is no buildup of tensions between Superman and Batman before they fight. And Superman doesn't seem to know how to use his super hearing and super vision to saveThis is easily the lousiest movie on the planet. The plot is horrible, there is no buildup of tensions between Superman and Batman before they fight. And Superman doesn't seem to know how to use his super hearing and super vision to save people in this film. Expand
CauangtvNov 22, 2017
It is a dark and very good film, unlike the Justice League, this film has a real action and intense moments. Ben Affleck was an excellent Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, it was sensational.
superman88mbNov 17, 2017
I watched the film in theaters and the extended version on Blu ray. the Exttra scenes really make a difference. Its story makes more sense and shows luthor was as a deep thinker and planner. You can see clearly how he set up batman andI watched the film in theaters and the extended version on Blu ray. the Exttra scenes really make a difference. Its story makes more sense and shows luthor was as a deep thinker and planner. You can see clearly how he set up batman and superman to fight. Expand
raulachoFeb 19, 2018
I liked the extended version a lot more, is better paced even if its 3 hours long, but i like the serious tone.
gzayas91Jun 13, 2017
Batman v Superman works as adult film as Man of Steel. It's a lot better than Superman 2, and that film was boring as Donner's first one. I'm a fan of DC movies, not so much of Marvel movies. I like Deadpool and Logan, they're the only twoBatman v Superman works as adult film as Man of Steel. It's a lot better than Superman 2, and that film was boring as Donner's first one. I'm a fan of DC movies, not so much of Marvel movies. I like Deadpool and Logan, they're the only two films I like as now. Expand
Voodoo123May 21, 2017
This is a film far more enjoyable than it should to be on paper! Especially as a classic DC tv/ movie fan. The characters are well portrayed given the many limitations throughout the production of a huge budget film like this.... Superior toThis is a film far more enjoyable than it should to be on paper! Especially as a classic DC tv/ movie fan. The characters are well portrayed given the many limitations throughout the production of a huge budget film like this.... Superior to the film reviewers led me to believe this would be. Please watch extended version BTW Expand
ZAKARIA-PCJun 9, 2017
سلام
من خیلی از این فیلم لذت بردم و از دیدنش خسته نمیشم این در حالیه که این فیلم از اولین فاز های فیلمای دی سی هستش
واقعا برای من خسته کننده نبود . از فضای تاریک خوشم میومد از اینکه رنگای شاد بچگانه نداش خوشم اومد ....و i love this
سلام
واقعا برای من خسته کننده نبود .
از فضای تاریک خوشم میومد
از اینکه رنگای شاد بچگانه نداش خوشم اومد ....و

i love this movie.very goooooooooooooooooood
Nits9Apr 2, 2017
There are two ways to criticize this movie. 1. Compare it with Disney's Marvel and complaint that this movie lacks the colors, quips and fun tone of the MCU. 2. Actually review the movie by itself and the universe its set in.

I am going to

I am going to go with number 2 way of reviewing it since all the "critics" from clickbait article websites chose to review this movie using method 1. Batman v Superman couldve been a perfect sequel to a perfect Superman movie(Man of Steel). It still is except for few minor imperfections and crazy casting of Jesse Eisenberg and Gal Gadot. Likes:

* Casting: Ben Affleck as Batman and that warehouse fight scene.
* Best Batman ever and those who say Nolan's Batman, just pick a Batman comic fromm your nearest comicbook store
* Superman's unconventional but true to comics portrayal
* Philosophical take on Superheroes
* Hans Zimmers score (I personally believe he shouldve won oscars for this movie)
* Atmosphere of the movie.
* Cinematography
* Zacks understanding of both Batman and Superman characters and the mythos. ( Pseudo fans might disagree just because they read a couple of Batman comics or read somewhere that Batman doesnt kill or Superman doesnt brood. He explores these characters very well and portrayed it fantastically in the movie).
* Lex Luthor's perspective on Superman.
* Every scene is shot like a beautiful painting by itself.
* The opening and ending scenes.
* Importance of human characters and their perspective on Superman.

Dislikes:

* Jesse as Lex Luthor.
* 3rd act seemed rushed. The titular fight scene shouldve taken place during the second act.
* Doomsday couldve looked better.
* Cameos of Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg couldve been avoided.
* Wonder Woman casting.

These are some of my genuine opinions on this movie. I do not understand how this movie is called mysogynistic or panned for having too much masculinity, too much destruction count as reviews by "professional critics". This is a serious movie and when people blame Zack for riding on the success of Nolan's The Dark Knight, guess what Nolan literally pitched the realistic, emotional Superman (Man of Steel movie) to Zack Snyder. Nolan trusted Zack Snyder would be the only director to translate the true mythos of DC universe to screen after watching Watchmen and 300.
TheGamerKnightAug 14, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Being a mega-fan of Batman, a big fan of Superman, and a big fan of DC Comics in general, I went into this movie really excited. I'd been waiting for this movie for three years when I watched it. After watching it, I was satisfied. I'd been a little disappointed at the plot, but overall, it was a satisfying experience. Does it deserve all the hate it's getting? No. Are people who watched the movies just fanboys and brand loyalists if they tell you that you probably didn't understand the "Martha" scene if you didn't like it? Well, probably not actually. If you really think that Batman and Superman stopped fighting because their mothers have the same name, you're mistaken, but that's an argument for another day. "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is a pretty enjoyable movie, especially for fans of the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel, however, the movie has a few significant flaws. One of the biggest is Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I liked the character and Eisenberg's performance, but the problem is...the character is supposed to be Lex Luthor. Really, he feels more like a blend of the Joker and the Riddler. Other than his genius-level intellect, his name, and getting his head shaved at the end, he bears no similarity to Lex Luthor whatsoever. Moreover, I thought the actual titular "Batman v Superman" fight was a bit short. It was only eight minutes long (possibly a reference to the source material, "The Dark Knight Returns"), and a lot of it was spent talking or just standing. There wasn't really enough actual fighting. I thought that the character of Wonder Woman wasn't given enough meaning to the plot and this movie spent too much time adapting panels from the comics to please comic book readers. Other than that, the editing was all over the place. Some things didn't make sense, and when the Ultimate Edition was released and I watched it, I was truly baffled as to why key plot points were completely taken out of the film as opposed to other scenes. Now, the film uses its time very well, but the problem is that it doesn't have ENOUGH time. Rather than use several films to build up an epic battle between the two greatest, most iconic heroes of all time, Zack Snyder makes an attempt to stuff a great deal of content in a 2.5 hour film. It feels really rushed and at times, even pointless. However, with great performances from Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, the introduction of the most iconic female character in comic books into cinema, stellar fight sequences, and the teasing of the coming of Darkseid and his Apokoliptian army, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is a pretty solid film, though a bit lackluster at times. This is, however, not deserving of a critic score of 44 on Metacritic and a Tomatometer rating of 27% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not at all. This isn't a bad movie at all. It's pretty solid, albeit disappointing at times. Expand
thelastofus2Mar 3, 2018
This was for sure my favorite movie i loved the dark tone this had and it was a great sequel to man of steel...
JP32Jun 17, 2017
The action scenes are beautifully shot, playing out like a series of full page splashes in motion. The titular battle in particular is absolutely jaw-dropping and worth the price of admission alone
MonkiReviewsMay 27, 2017
I wouldn't trust the critic reviews. The story is actually entertaining with only some dull parts. Batman and Superman have great actors and prove they were the best choices. The only downside is Wonder Woman didn't have a huge role.
kwameMar 19, 2018
Watch the ultimate edition. It really is a lot better with adding scenes that weren`t there before witch expplains. The movie still isen`t great but good i would say atleast.
connor34May 18, 2017
A masterpiece of film that is ruined by stupidity and subplots. Although there is a lot going on and plenty of cringe if you can look past all that and appreciate it for the amazing film it is you will find yourself in love with this movie.A masterpiece of film that is ruined by stupidity and subplots. Although there is a lot going on and plenty of cringe if you can look past all that and appreciate it for the amazing film it is you will find yourself in love with this movie. Am I saying it's a 9 or 10? no. But it's definitely worth watching and gets me extremely excited for upcoming DCEU movies. Expand
wee3200Oct 23, 2017
Everytime we talked about this film, will be a lot of haters jump up and judge a lot.
I never watch any DC movies before of BVS. (Yes i didn't watch the Dark Knight series too)
And i never watch any of the comics. But BVS did bring me in to
And i never watch any of the comics.
But BVS did bring me in to become a DC fans.

I really loved this film spending so much times in this film to let you understand why peoples hate superman, and Batman give me a feel more like a human, not just a super hero doing good thing for nothing, no, even Batman have a selfish part.

Other films will try to get the bad side of every super hero too but... didn't have much convincing, it sounds like :"Hey this superhero have his weakness in his heart too, and then he will still save the world", other film didn't want to spend more time on explaining the weakness, or explaining how the normal peoples fears.

BVS did that, and this is the film that more of you watching, the more taste you will get.
This is a very great film that didn't deserve so many haters
SonicHD7May 31, 2017
It's been nearly two years since Superman's (Henry Cavill) colossal battle with Zod (Michael Shannon) devastated the city of Metropolis. The loss of life and collateral damage left many feeling angry and helpless, including crime-fightingIt's been nearly two years since Superman's (Henry Cavill) colossal battle with Zod (Michael Shannon) devastated the city of Metropolis. The loss of life and collateral damage left many feeling angry and helpless, including crime-fighting billionaire Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck). Convinced that Superman is now a threat to humanity, Batman embarks on a personal vendetta to end his reign on Earth, while the conniving Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) launches his own crusade against the Man of Steel. Expand
007FilmReviewerJun 4, 2017
lol ok, zack Snyder is a god zack Snyder is a god zack Snyder is a god zack Snyder is a god zack Snyder is a god zack Snyder is a god zack Snyder is a god
rubsomebacononiJun 6, 2017
Without the extended footage, this movie is average. The CGI is well done, Ben Affleck did extremely well as Batman, Gal Gadot knocked Wonder Woman out of the park (despite her small cameo), Henry Cavill was the same world-weary Superman,Without the extended footage, this movie is average. The CGI is well done, Ben Affleck did extremely well as Batman, Gal Gadot knocked Wonder Woman out of the park (despite her small cameo), Henry Cavill was the same world-weary Superman, and Jesse Eisenberg was Jesse Eisenberg. Personally I enjoyed Lex the most, his interactions being my favorite parts of the movie when I re-watched it. I enjoy a very complicated movie, one that takes focus to understand, and this movie was the perfect one for me. Expand
Jey37Jun 10, 2017
This is the best superhero movie in the history and generally one of the best films that I've seen in my life. It can be reviewed many times, revealing something new, noticing details and not losing impressions. It's the amazing movie.
kbender24Jun 23, 2017
I am rating this 9/10 based on the Directors (or Ultimate) cut of the film, which is the one that should have been released in theaters in the first place. It's far more epic, fleshed out, and overall enjoyable. I love Affleck's take onI am rating this 9/10 based on the Directors (or Ultimate) cut of the film, which is the one that should have been released in theaters in the first place. It's far more epic, fleshed out, and overall enjoyable. I love Affleck's take on Batman and I can't wait to see more of him Expand
ph4se5HIFTMay 19, 2018
Batman v Superman is a revenge tragedy where where the titular heroes are pitted against each other by the eccentric billionaire villain Lex Luthor Junior. The film explores various themes most notably how the feeling of powerlessness can beBatman v Superman is a revenge tragedy where where the titular heroes are pitted against each other by the eccentric billionaire villain Lex Luthor Junior. The film explores various themes most notably how the feeling of powerlessness can be a corrupting force. I'm sure you are familiar with the phrase "Power corrupts" however in this film we see how the feeling of powerlessness can blind one, lead one down a dark path and leave one open to manipulation.

As with all modern Zack Snyder films BvS is filled with symbolism as well as artistic and interesting visual storytelling. For the fans of the source material there are also tons of Easter eggs to be discovered throughout the film. There are fascinating details in every scene.

The film does not spoon-feed the audience. If you pay attention to the dialogue, audio, props, shot composition and symbolism of objects then you can come to appreciate the majestic achievement that this film is.

84.2/100
JokerDaegoAug 2, 2017
Very good movie and the ultimate edition is much better.
Batman is the better of the movie, Wonder Woman is amazing and Superman is so humble, the history is so good, I wait for JL, other film that will cover my expectatives.
BatmaulAug 17, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story in this movie is pretty good, there are great visual effects, and this movie would be nothing without with the fight scene where wonder woman cut off Doomsday's leg. Expand
vivenishereAug 22, 2017
Theatrical cut has a rather confusing plot nothing seems to tie in with the story. Though the Ultimate Edition is able to fix some of these issues with the extra 30 minutes. I suggest watching the UE instead of the theatrical one.
ShamaninFILMSSep 29, 2017
I liked the theatrical version and I was always excited with the question "why did not some people like the film?" Yes, the film was very severely circumcised and some actions of the characters were incomprehensible, but after the release ofI liked the theatrical version and I was always excited with the question "why did not some people like the film?" Yes, the film was very severely circumcised and some actions of the characters were incomprehensible, but after the release of the ultimate edition everything fell into place and I just fell in love with this film. I can not forget the film, I absolutely think about it every day. The director's version answered all the questions, patched all the plot holes and laziness, the motives of the characters are clear. The plot of the film is very deep and interesting, but it's difficult to understand from the first time, but if you review and reflect, you can understand that the plot is genius, which has a very powerful social message, a hidden, deep meaning and a lot of allergies on the biblical themes.A great game of actors, and everyone perfectly wins their roles (especially Ben Affleck and Jazy Eisenberg), the music is amazing (thanks to Hans Zimmer and Janki Xl), Visual and camerawork are godlike.
Result: Batman vs. Superman (ultimate edition) The finest film, an absolute masterpiece and the most under-criticized film that critics took and for no reason were brutally mixed with filth.
My ratings 10/10
LUKEOPERCOUPOct 4, 2017
We can agree it is no the best movie of all time but it gives what everyone wants: action, entertaining, fight, mysterious and surprises. While i love Superman i have to agree, the point in the fight is rightful and makes sense, but maybe asWe can agree it is no the best movie of all time but it gives what everyone wants: action, entertaining, fight, mysterious and surprises. While i love Superman i have to agree, the point in the fight is rightful and makes sense, but maybe as they wanted to have a lot of things happening it turned overwhelming. Still being a fantastic beginning despite wrong choices. Expand