Columbia Pictures | Release Date: March 13, 2020
5.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 79 Ratings
Watch Now
tropicAcesMar 13, 2020
Fine, just genetic. For every guilty pleasure or creative moment there is a cringy or bland one. Feels and looks like it was made in 2004, for better or worse...
Tung1501Mar 14, 2020
IMO it's not a good start of VCU but kind of entertaining i guess! 5,5 but there's no 5,5
Tony1984Mar 14, 2020
God, Vin Diesel is a really bad actor. Up there with Steven Seagal but worse. This movie would have been half-decent without him. The very irritating humourous light relief ( Awful, worse than Diesel) or the weakness of the scriptwritersGod, Vin Diesel is a really bad actor. Up there with Steven Seagal but worse. This movie would have been half-decent without him. The very irritating humourous light relief ( Awful, worse than Diesel) or the weakness of the scriptwriters didn't help either. But the concept was still good and overall a not terrible if you can pretend Diesel isn't in it. Expand
Davrosdaleks1Mar 13, 2020
I found Bloodshot, a film adaptation of the Valiant comic book superhero, to be a so-so film. The sad thing about this movie is that it is one of those movies that are so close to be being a good film but can't quite reach.

There are several

There are several positivie parts in this. There are some clever or funny lines of dialogue. Undone's Siddharth Dhananjay is the standout in this as a comic relief coder.

I give first time director Dave Wilson, who is a video game cinematics guy, does a pretty competent job cinematography/visuals-wise for his first live-action work. The whole thing looks great, except maybe for some CG effects that stand out too much. The villains' technology is well designed and thought out. Fight scenes work well; the first one in particular is really impressive.

However, the plot never grabs you. I didn't feel involved in Bloodshot's journey or in anticipation for what happens. The script just wasn't interesting enough. For every line that works there is one that doesn't. The villain's plans feel undercooked. The most frustrating part is that Outlander's Sam Heughan's character's animosity toward Bloodshot feels so painfully forced and unnatural.

I could see many people liking this more than me. Like I said, there are some good parts. Just have lowered expectations when going into this. I don't think this is bad, per se. It just doesn't leave a mark. I have no plans to revisit this in the future.
marshallonfilm_Mar 18, 2020
“Now, tell me, do you remember anything?”

“Now, tell me, do you remember anything?”

Sadly, audiences won’t remember much from this dull, run-of-the-mill superhero flick. Squandering an intriguing premise for a drab 108 minute runtime, the cliché-ridden screenplay is less self-aware and much dumber than it believes itself to be, resulting in little substance and an inconsistent tone that reeks of another box-office bomb, John McTiernan’s ‘Last Action Hero’. Attempting to send up revenge tropes with some inspired genre subversions, first-time feature filmmaker Dave Wilson introduces several grandiose themes, yet, like our generic protagonist, has very little to say about any of them. Despite the best efforts of a committed cast alongside our brooding star, including solid performances from the talented Eiza González and a perfectly cast Guy Pearce (what was the name of that Nolan film again?), and some gorgeous visual effects work, moviegoers and comic book fans deserve much better and will be left wondering why this wasn’t adapted as a video game.

4/10 techno babble dumps.
russian_owlmanMar 27, 2020
The whole film is a tribute to the films of the 90's. But the film looks cheerful and very high quality. I speak only for myself. The film is worth a look, at least once.
KillerViperMar 15, 2020
This is a very fun popcorn movie with many transhumanist elements and with a badass character.
KeithDowMar 13, 2020
One must assume that while the world is at the mercy of a global pandemic and every other high profile film release on record is being delayed, the producers behind Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ simply decided to say “ahh the heck with it, justOne must assume that while the world is at the mercy of a global pandemic and every other high profile film release on record is being delayed, the producers behind Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ simply decided to say “ahh the heck with it, just put the movie out and maybe we’ll get a bump in market share.”

What’s the worst that can happen? The film opens poorly, just as everyone already suspected it would?

The problem with ‘Bloodshot’ is that there’s nothing we haven’t seen plenty of times before. Vin Diesel in a white tank top? Check. Man gets killed, brought back to life using cutting-edge technology making him stronger, faster, and more resilient? Check. Man uses newfound abilities to go on a revenge spree and avenge the murder of his wife? Check.

Perhaps we should be lauding Vin Diesel for getting paid millions of dollars to play the same character for twenty years. The only problem is that him doing so forces film critics like me to watch his movies. Ray, his character in ‘Bloodshot,’ isn’t interesting at all—either before or after his transformation. It’s just Vin with a different three letter name, like a dozen other characters he’s played recently, featuring the same brooding look and tough-guy mannerisms.

Instead of going to the movie theater and potentially catching coronavirus—or worse, having to sit through ‘Bloodshot’—stream some other similar (and better) flicks instead, such as ‘Hardcore Henry’ or ‘Upgrade.’
Nobilis1984Mar 13, 2020
Another flat and unimaginative adaptation of a comic with a bad and too old action star. Vin Diesel should consider changing the genre. No one needs these cheap-looking action movies.
KlebartMar 13, 2020
This is a cash grab. Either the comic book or the studio decided to sell out. The movie was a generic movie that you could have seen anytime. In today's day and age a blah movie like this should be made fun of. I only watched it because myThis is a cash grab. Either the comic book or the studio decided to sell out. The movie was a generic movie that you could have seen anytime. In today's day and age a blah movie like this should be made fun of. I only watched it because my plans for the evening were cancelled last minute. The casting as Vin Diesel as the lead did not do the comic justice. I kept trying to match him to the comic but couldn't. Almost any other actor could have starred in this film. Overall this movie was a pass. Expand
The3AcademySinsMar 13, 2020
This is the Slender Man of superhero movies. No joke. It's that bad. Luckily, its also hilarious.
KimBakerMar 15, 2020
What's not to love!! Vin Diesel, Valliant Comics!!
Epic Combination!!!!
The First movie of the Valliant Comics Universe. This is what Fans have been waiting for, for many Years!! The Movie is really Great Fun!!
7277hwhMar 13, 2020
Bloodshot wasn’t what I expected. Not only did the trailers give way too much away it wasn’t worth watching in theaters. Save your money and wait til it comes out on dvd.
BBossMelMar 29, 2020
Honesty was not expecting much but this is a really fun movie to watch. It’s your typical Vin Diesel movie. It’s like Fast and The Furious but with superpowers. Worth the watch
moviemitch96Mar 14, 2020
It's a dumb and loud Vin Diesel flick, so I wasn't expecting much beyond a good laugh with some ridiculous and over-the-top action scenes and dialogue. Diesel plays a deceased soldier brought back to life, in true RoboCop fashion, throughIt's a dumb and loud Vin Diesel flick, so I wasn't expecting much beyond a good laugh with some ridiculous and over-the-top action scenes and dialogue. Diesel plays a deceased soldier brought back to life, in true RoboCop fashion, through nanotechnology that instantly can heal any wounds he sustains. He then sets out for revenge on the man who killed both him and his wife, but finds that the company responsible for bringing him back to life is altering and manipulating his memories, and he must uncover the truth. I honestly found myself more underwhelmed than expected by this one. The story's a mess and it took itself far too seriously compared to most of Diesel's other films, it didn't have a whole lot of heart or fun to it, and Diesel's just playing himself like he always does. Granted, there are some cool ideas thrown around throughout, but none of them really make up for an uninspired and lackluster script. Overall, one of Diesel's more disposable and forgettable films, which is disappointing to me, cause usually most of his films are at least stupid enough to be funny and mildly entertaining. This one was just too serious for its own good that it drained it of any potential fun. Expand
JLuis_001Mar 17, 2020
This is Vin Diesel trying to be a superhero or is he an antihero? Frankly I don't really care but the film is basically what it sounds like: Vin Diesel venturing into the genre that has dominated Hollywood since the last decade.

Bloodshot is

Bloodshot is simple adaptation from the recognized Valiant comic book that meddles with a mediocre script focused on action with its obvious charge of science fiction.
It's not a surprise nor defies expectations but it's far from getting compliments.

Evidently his fans and fans of the genres will find it more rewarding, if their tastes goes down that way.
For my part I must say that if this was an attempt to build something similar to what Marvel has achieved and what DC is been trying to, they've stayed far away from that goal.

There are good things here but they need more talented people to exploit them and that comes from the top not just the actors.
SoulWarfareApr 4, 2020
Bloodshot is the latest attempt by a studio to potentially start another cinematic universe and in this case, the Valiant Comics cinematic universe. The film stars Vin Diesel as the titular character, Ray Garrison (didn't even remember hisBloodshot is the latest attempt by a studio to potentially start another cinematic universe and in this case, the Valiant Comics cinematic universe. The film stars Vin Diesel as the titular character, Ray Garrison (didn't even remember his actual name), who is brought to life by an advanced technology that gives him the ability of superhuman strength and fast healing and with these abilities, he will go avenge his wife. However, He soon comes to learn that not everything he learns can be trusted.

One positive thing I can say about this movie is that the concept itself is really interesting. The main character's ability is cool and the premise itself is intriguing enough even though the trailer spoils it. Anyway, that is it. I love Vin Diesel because he sounds like an amazing person in real life but my god he sucks in this movie. His delivery for what is meant to be an emotional scene is so laughably bad. For example, his wife dies in front of him and he shows little to no emotion and its just so hilarious. Most of his scenes are either him being quiet or just yelling all the time and it is just so bad. The plot is also dumb and butchers the premise by making it become a generic sci-fi action movie. The bad guys are obvious and the good guys are also obvious right from the get-go which makes any twist feel dull. Apart from the titular character, none of the character motivation seems to make any sense. Good guys helping the main character just because they are good guys and bad guys doing bad things just because. You never really understand why any of these characters are doing things. Additionally, there are just so many scenes of endless exposition that dragged and feel like info dumps just because they want to treat us, the audience, as if they are stupid or something. The action scenes are also edited with rapid cuts that are just annoying. There is also so much CGI in all these very noticeable action scenes. To be fair the action scenes are so dumb that they are kind of fun to watch. There is an action scene where a CGI Vin diesel, yes you heard that right, is punching someone in an elevator while they are falling is kinda amazing. For David S. F. Wilson directorial debut, he did a terrible job. One nitpick of a terrible film, there was a scene in London where it was clearly not London and that baffled me so much because why did they have to call it London? There was no reason for it...

Overall, this movie is the dumbest movie I watched in ages. This is a movie that feels like it came out 20 years ago and honestly probably should have never been made. However, this movie is so bad that it is kind of entertaining. My recommendation is to watch it drunk or with friends/family just to tear into the movie because you want a bad movie. However, if you're looking for an interesting superhero movie then I can safely say this isn't it.
Daniel_EndureMar 13, 2020
Bloodshot is just a bloody disappointment. Despite looking promising in its promotional material, not only does it feel like a made-for-TV flick at times, but all the side-characters are cliché nuisances and it feels like twenty pages of theBloodshot is just a bloody disappointment. Despite looking promising in its promotional material, not only does it feel like a made-for-TV flick at times, but all the side-characters are cliché nuisances and it feels like twenty pages of the script were taken out to acquaint for time and/or budget. The movie stars Vin Diesel as a soldier brought back to life and manipulated by a company to exact revenge on targets of their choosing and whom they seem as threats. With the way its all structured, it felt like two acts are present total - in the first, Diesel eliminates just two of these targets on-screen, yes, just two, while the second act has him hunting his makers. There's no real build-up to any of what's going on and it just feels like potential put to waste. You can safely skip this one. Expand
YaseenMar 28, 2020
I mean , it's got a story and potential to build up like Valiant Cinematic Universe or whatever , Vin didn't really seem like Bloodshot for first half of the movie , ( i'd prefer Jason David Frank for Bloodshot , but here we are ) , But can'tI mean , it's got a story and potential to build up like Valiant Cinematic Universe or whatever , Vin didn't really seem like Bloodshot for first half of the movie , ( i'd prefer Jason David Frank for Bloodshot , but here we are ) , But can't blame it on vin too much. It's an OK start for valiant comics' Cinematic Universe , so it's understandable they wanted a recognizable name , i'd say like a 6.8/6.9 (rounding it up to 7) . would've given a 5 , but i liked the intensity of the film towards the end ( best part of the film). some parts of the film didn't feel as polished ( or upto the mark ) at the beginning of the movie , but i really liked the effort by the VFX team towards the end. Expand
Stream2BigScreeMar 21, 2020
I'd like to start with... YOU ALL BETTER APPRECIATE ME RISKING LIFE AND LIMB TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! The CoVid-19 is upon us and we should all wish we had nanotech inside of us to get rid of the virus. Needless to say, you're here for a reviewI'd like to start with... YOU ALL BETTER APPRECIATE ME RISKING LIFE AND LIMB TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! The CoVid-19 is upon us and we should all wish we had nanotech inside of us to get rid of the virus. Needless to say, you're here for a review of Bloodshot and not more coronavirus warnings. Bloodshot features, the one, Vin Diesel as a top secret ops solider that was slain and re-animated by a company for their long awaited super soldier tech experiment. Sounds all too familiar in the world of comics. Vin stars alongside Eiza Gonzalez, as K.T., Guy Pearce, as Dr. Harting, and Lamorne Morris, as Wigans.

Let's get this out of the way. No, the story isn't creative, profound or that interesting. BUT if you were going to the movie because of that, you must be sick with the Rona anyway. I think, however, should this movie make money through the pandemic, we definitely could see a sequel. The important and worth-seeing part of this movie is the technology and the action. First, this movie looks very good. The changing of scenes, brightness etc are so crisp. The nano-tech at times looks basic and almost too similar to another movie's bots. Second, the action sequences, even though I wanted a few more or longer sections in the first half of the movie, are all very cool. Vin, Eiza and others all have at least one awe-inspiring fight sequence worth watching. If anything towards the end of the movie, the CGI begins to fall apart and look too much like a video game compared to the previous scenes. On top of that, the final action scene is way more anti-climatic and underwhelming than built up to be.

Speaking of Eiza, she really jumps off the screen. She presents a great mix of beauty and beast throughout the movie. In fact, her action sequences, to me, overshadowed Vin's best action sequences. In fact, Lamorne also steals the show from Vin. Lamorne's character, while a bit annoying and stereotypical hacker, was quite entertaining. Now that I think about it, every other character and actor displayed either more interesting, more authentic, or more dynamic acting ability than Vin. Vin is good at giving us Dom but he gave us robo-Dom in this movie and that's just not enough.

Ultimately, Bloodshot is a dud of a movie but solid entertainment. As an introduction to a "hero", I'd honestly give the second movie a better shot at being much better than the first. For those of you that only care about the action, check this out in a matinee and you'll be fulfilled. Everyone else, this is one of those single popped popcorn kernel movies that you may enjoy on FX on a boring Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
fiftywordreviewMar 17, 2020
If nothing else, Bloodshot is DEFINITELY a Vin Diesel movie. The premise is intriguing, but the plot ultimately falls into a run-of-the-mill action flick cliche. Nothing here is new, but satisfying fight sequences and classic DieselIf nothing else, Bloodshot is DEFINITELY a Vin Diesel movie. The premise is intriguing, but the plot ultimately falls into a run-of-the-mill action flick cliche. Nothing here is new, but satisfying fight sequences and classic Diesel ass-kicking will do enough to satisfy fans of the genre. Expand
ArmontgoMar 27, 2020
The twist alone is worth the 10. Vin Diesel brings action and other things. The villains do enough for you to want the good guys to win. The CGI is extremely pleasing. Not a marvel level film (although better than some of their bad films) butThe twist alone is worth the 10. Vin Diesel brings action and other things. The villains do enough for you to want the good guys to win. The CGI is extremely pleasing. Not a marvel level film (although better than some of their bad films) but definitely on par or above most DC movies (except Batman and Wonder Woman ones.) All in all car chases, shootouts, tensions, drama, explosions, cybernetics like amazing Spider-Man 2 but done better and a great action movie overall. Expand
JalavataMar 30, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BloodShot traz um filme de ação clichê com muita ação e efeitos incríveis, trazendo temas atuais como nanotecnologia e controle da mente. BloodShot entrega algo relativamente bom e que com certeza agrada. Com inspirações dos anos 80 e 90 e futurismo o filme é uma experiência cinematográfica incrível com muita arma de fogo e lutas braçais, mas ao mesmo tempo muita tecnologia futura e equipamentos realmente avançados. Vale a pena conferir. Expand
CiekawePoPolskuMar 31, 2020
Film mi się naprawdę podobał, świetne efekty, sceny walki. Aktorzy też świetnie sobie poradzili
carla19Apr 1, 2020
it's a fantastic movie. The plot is very interesting and the characters are very realistic.
Louw_BurgerApr 1, 2020
Bloodshot gives Vin Diesel a solid opportunity to indulge in old-school action that should satisfy fans, even if the end result is disappointingly mediocre.
QCJohnsonApr 2, 2020
I enjoyed Bloodshot. There, I said it. I understand people are critical of Vin Diesels performance, citing that he's just too angry or whatnot. Well, his character is grappling with a tremendous loss and who wouldn't be? Not every movie hasI enjoyed Bloodshot. There, I said it. I understand people are critical of Vin Diesels performance, citing that he's just too angry or whatnot. Well, his character is grappling with a tremendous loss and who wouldn't be? Not every movie has to be "thought provoking" or saturated with identity politics. Just take it at face value and stop expecting The Great Gatsby when it comes to an action film. Expand