Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: February 12, 2016
Universal acclaim based on 3252 Ratings
2,750
Watch Now
JonnieZMar 7, 2016
I mostly enjoyed this movie. It's a stupid vulgar and over the top flick that's good for a few laughs but the story acting and dialog aren't that good. It's good for a single viewing if you go in with low expectations. Overall a lotI mostly enjoyed this movie. It's a stupid vulgar and over the top flick that's good for a few laughs but the story acting and dialog aren't that good. It's good for a single viewing if you go in with low expectations. Overall a lot better than both Wolverine films. Expand
zombiefanaticMar 13, 2016
Trying to think back on the film after watching it leaves you with only memories of action sequences and a story plot already done 100 times in previous superhero movies. On the bright side, deadpool's eyes are entertaining to watch.
Mike-MessiahFeb 19, 2016
Pretty over-rated movie. The jokes are quiet lame and old. You can guess the punchline from the first word they say. It is an origin movie, so one cant really expect a lot to happen. It has a lame ass "doctor" bad guy with boring superpowersPretty over-rated movie. The jokes are quiet lame and old. You can guess the punchline from the first word they say. It is an origin movie, so one cant really expect a lot to happen. It has a lame ass "doctor" bad guy with boring superpowers (pain resistance/very strong) with a side kick bad gal (also very strong) The two X-Men characters are pretty useless and have no reason to be in this movie. As for the breaking the 4th wall, we have seen it in movies so many times (recently in Wolf of WS and The Big Short) its like talking to audience is normal thing now.
I watched the trailer and was so hyped. Well, if you watched the trailer, you have watched it all since the funniest and only interesting action sequence happens in the trailers.

People are simply praising and hyping this movie becuz of the back story behind it, like how Ryan Reynolds fought for this movie to be made blah blah...Add to that "its the first superhero movie for Mature audience" so extra fan support there (apparently those retards forgot about Punisher and Blade).
People are supporting and praising this movie just because they want to get rid of the kid-friendly superhero movie" trend, and this movie getting 10/10 scores from users (wtf seriously) is not becuz of the movie's own merit.
PlayrPROFeb 17, 2016
Fairly average movie to be honest. It was almost like the guys at Marvel thought "audiences quite like the one-liners, let's make an entire movie out of them."

Boring and uninspired, this is certainly the most overhyped movie of the year.
MikeMenkesFeb 15, 2016
If you are a comic book fan, have the emotional age of a teenager, and smoke grass, this is a classic example of a movie where smoking up will make it funny. If you're outside that demographic remotely, no amount of weed in the world wouldIf you are a comic book fan, have the emotional age of a teenager, and smoke grass, this is a classic example of a movie where smoking up will make it funny. If you're outside that demographic remotely, no amount of weed in the world would keep you in your seat for 90 minutes. A polarizing movie. If you loved the video game, the movie is better. Its going to repulse everyone else. Expand
ClariseSamuelsMar 23, 2016
Understandably, this is a comic book movie, and therefore the cartoonish quality is to be expected, and is perhaps even required. Nevertheless, it is not a very entertaining or enjoyable comic book. Ryan Reynolds plays Wade Wilson, anUnderstandably, this is a comic book movie, and therefore the cartoonish quality is to be expected, and is perhaps even required. Nevertheless, it is not a very entertaining or enjoyable comic book. Ryan Reynolds plays Wade Wilson, an ex-military sniper who enjoyed shooting down the enemy and brags about his score card. In civilian life, he is a bit of a dud, until he finds his true love, Vanessa (Morena Baccarin), in a bar populated by gun-toting lowlifes. Vanessa is a former prostitute, and like Wade, she had a traumatic childhood. True love for these two means living in a dark apartment in a dark universe, where romance is focused on insatiable sexual needs—the only genuinely romantic part is that they are actually faithful to each other.

The movie had potential to create an artistic universe where good is in its eternal struggle with evil, where the villains are a monstrous threat to humanity, and where the heroes are both strong and vulnerable, vicious and tender-hearted at the same time—such is the stuff that action-hero comic books are made of. All of these elements are present; yet, Deadpool is a bit of a cesspool—the script is a running monologue of relentless banter for Reynolds’ character, and only occasionally are the jokes humorous enough to make you smile. Profane language is persistent, and vulgarity is proudly displayed like a fashion statement. The violence is the main feature of the film, and the violence is of a somewhat perverse quality that drowns out the attempt at humor. Nobody laughs at this movie.

There is presently a cultural phenomenon known as the “hipster,” which seems to be invading Hollywood films. Hipsters are an under-40 crowd of petty intellectuals, who are crassly superficial, wildly materialistic, and surprisingly hostile. Their motor-mouth banter is the branding of their style, and Hollywood scripts are starting to reflect this vapid culture. Deadpool wearies the viewer with its verbal tedium, in spite of the fact that Reynolds’ performance is a tour de force, Baccarin is in fine form, and the two characters who are vintage Marvel heroes, Stefan Kapicic and Brianna Hildebrand, do a great job. Unfortunately, Marvel Comics never intended for superheroes to act like hipsters. But there’s hope for the future—the hipsters are approaching their 40’s, and by strict definition, they will be too old to keep witlessly joking their way through life.
saucyninja007Feb 13, 2016
Despite all of its zaniness, style, violence, profanity, and crassness, Deadpool is nowhere near as shocking, clever, or revolutionary as it thinks it is, not only squandering a golden opportunity to satirize the superhero film but fallingDespite all of its zaniness, style, violence, profanity, and crassness, Deadpool is nowhere near as shocking, clever, or revolutionary as it thinks it is, not only squandering a golden opportunity to satirize the superhero film but falling into its tropes as well. Expand
LamontRaymondFeb 12, 2016
Compared to most superhero movies of late, this one is fresh and fun, for the most part, but it still falls into the same traps so endemic to this others - the prolonged fight sequences between opponents who can't really get hurt unless youCompared to most superhero movies of late, this one is fresh and fun, for the most part, but it still falls into the same traps so endemic to this others - the prolonged fight sequences between opponents who can't really get hurt unless you literally decapitate. Those moments truly drag on and get boring. Which is why I feel the future of comic book stories lies on Netflix, where you can do long-form stories that don't need to be punctuated by endless fight sequences. I enjoyed the snark of both Deadpool and Jessica Jones MUCH more than I did Deadpool. If you really want a biting Ryan Reynolds, go back and check out his vastly superior "Waiting". Hilarious. Expand
yogesh487Feb 15, 2016
A very mediocre superhero movie.
pros:
-ryan reynolds(his performance was the only thing that kept me from leaving the movie theater) -and that steel man Colossus Cons: -everything shown in the trailers(everything that was funny). -not
A very mediocre superhero movie.
pros:
-and that steel man Colossus
Cons:
-everything shown in the trailers(everything that was funny).
-not enough content.
-only one or two good action scenes.
-over-hyped

my rating 5-6
ThilusMar 30, 2016
Not as good as I thought it would be after all the hype from my friends, and frankly not as funny as advertised. There were some moments when I chuckled, but for most of the time the laughs were mostly forced. On the plus side, MorenaNot as good as I thought it would be after all the hype from my friends, and frankly not as funny as advertised. There were some moments when I chuckled, but for most of the time the laughs were mostly forced. On the plus side, Morena Baccarin was there and she's still as pleasant to watch as when she was doing Firefly some ten years ago. All-in-all it's a six. Expand
bURNINGpHOENIXFeb 12, 2016
+ a lot of good jokes
+ self irony is always pretty entertaining
+ acceptable camera work and score + creative ways of killing people - way too many bad jokes - below average acting and CGI - too short - can't be a standalone movie
+ a lot of good jokes
+ self irony is always pretty entertaining
+ acceptable camera work and score
+ creative ways of killing people

- way too many bad jokes
- below average acting and CGI
- too short
- can't be a standalone movie since almost nothing happened (half of the movie was about Wade before he became Deadpool)

Conclusion: Deadpool is an acceptable comedy movie thanks to either the good jokes and the self irony. It's pretty obvious that Marvel primarily focused upon that. They actually surprised me. Marvel movies tend to be very bad yet over hyped, but this one was pretty cool. Good movie for watching with a few friends, but I would recommend you to wait until it's released on DVD/Blu-Ray. At a few jokes, you won't be hearing anything but laughter in the cinema.
GreatMartinFeb 12, 2016
Not being into comic books or films made from them I haven’t seen too many Marvel films but I do remember “Ant Man” this year mainly for the humor, especially the laugh out loud one liners and sight gags plus the special effects. “Deadpool”Not being into comic books or films made from them I haven’t seen too many Marvel films but I do remember “Ant Man” this year mainly for the humor, especially the laugh out loud one liners and sight gags plus the special effects. “Deadpool” tries to be funny with many homoerotic jokes and also sight gags, most of which aren’t funny though many in the audience were laughing.

The main thing that will be remembered about the movie will be many horrendous shots of gratuitous violence. Yes we know the actors got up and went to the food table after the scenes but hands and heads being chopped off, men being kneed, punched in the crouch, women being brutalized will last longer than the movie being remembered.

The most positive aspects of the movie is the energetic performance of Ryan Reynolds giving his all, not only in making fun of his real image but in showing most of all his body! He has a sweet romance with Morena Baccarin who is as sexy looking, acting and talking as Reynolds. He is also responsible for the breaking of the 4th wall and talking to the audience consistently which sometimes works but most times doesn’t.

The opening credits are one of the best parts of the movie and the drawings, and written comments, at the end is another while sadly the rest of the movie doesn’t reach the height of either. With its raunchy, dirty, teenage humor, along with sex scenes and very visual violence, “Deadpool” earns an R rating but there were many teens in the auditorium.

Why with compliments for Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, and the entire supporting cast giving fine performances in a comic book way, the opening and closing credits, a sweet, sexy love story, am I not putting this on the same level as “Ant Man”? The answer is too much of the screenplay is made of clichés, often told jokes and repeated action/violence scenes from similar made Marvel movies.

Should you decide to see it you have to see it on a movie screen or otherwise you will miss out on the never ending special effects which are the cornerstone of Marvel movies. Oh yes, and buff bodies both male and female!
sandbornJun 4, 2016
First off, it's overrated. There's a lot to like but a lot not to like either. I like the action and the characters, but I don't like the arrangement of sequences, and the love story just falls flat for me.
will2econdFeb 12, 2016
Keeps you entertained in segments due to the comedy, however, the excitement dies down at a certain point. Good realistic interpretation of Deadpool, not bad, but don't expect excellence.
csw12Mar 29, 2016
Deadpool brings something different to the superhero movies and the action is pretty good but the constant jokes are what drag the film down. There is a fine line between not taking yourself seriously and going overboard
bigjon1958Jun 9, 2016
I was expecting a lot due to the high user reviews, but was disappointed. The violence, blood, and gore was extreme. It made Pulp Fiction look like a G-rated movie, but I guess times have changed over the past twenty years. The first hourI was expecting a lot due to the high user reviews, but was disappointed. The violence, blood, and gore was extreme. It made Pulp Fiction look like a G-rated movie, but I guess times have changed over the past twenty years. The first hour of the movie was pretty disjointed – violence, love scenes, and a bit of history of who Dead Pool was. The humor really was what carried the movie as the story was not that interesting – including the explanation of how he became Dead Pool (kind of far-fetched). The last hour picked up a bit as far as a story-line beyond the graphic violence. In the end, can’t rate this more than just an average movie – credit for the humor and take away for the unnecessary level of blood and gore and also lack of an interesting story or villain. I am fine if they never come up with a sequel to this movie. Expand
SpangleFeb 22, 2016
Deadpool was a truly mixed bag. It is a film that thinks it is the smartest guy in the room and takes every opportunity to show witty and smart he is. While Deadpool can be very, very funny at times and had me in stitches a few times, someDeadpool was a truly mixed bag. It is a film that thinks it is the smartest guy in the room and takes every opportunity to show witty and smart he is. While Deadpool can be very, very funny at times and had me in stitches a few times, some jokes were just incredibly forced or not funny. I would say the film hit on maybe just shy of 50% of its jokes. The film also thought that by mocking supehero formula and casting stereotypes, it could get away with doing the same things, but it would be fine because they made jokes about it. Tragically, this is not the case as Deadpool is incredibly generic and, no, swearing and violence does not make it unique. In that regard, Deadpool is like a horny teenager who just discovered swearing and plays Call of Duty all day. After a while, his shtick becomes annoying and you want it to just end, but do not worry, he is still going 100 MPH. The backstory is handled awfully and slows the movie down too much, plus the villain is poorly constructed and the conflict in the film is just not interesting. Finally, the action is poorly choreographed and directed. Overall, Deadpool may be middling entertainment, but it is nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is. Expand
SEROJFeb 18, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good jokes and combat, but overall "Deadpool" is a character who tries to be original hero, but ends up being an vulgar comedian. And the plot.. holy sh1t! So he's trying to kill the people who saved his life, just because he is no longer pretty enough so he can date with his girlfriend? Mothafu5ker you would be dead otherwise! And i believe the high ratings over this movie are because it was very anticipated! Overall Deadpool is a poor combination between Michelangelo (from TMNT) and Spider-Man. Expand
joyalexandreApr 15, 2016
I would have loved a scenario with a better purpose than saving the girlfriend and a not origin story that was pretty much an origin story.

The juvenile humor was also too frequent. Why does funny humor has to be penis joke every 5 minutes?
I doubt we can have a great sequel the style of the movie will not be as new next time and there is nothing more.
JakeZielsdorfFeb 20, 2016
Less than 10% of the jokes are funny and there are a lot of jokes. The action is entertaining and humorous at times. The movie wasnt boring, but it tried too hard.
AliceofXFeb 16, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As always it's what you don't see in the trailer that kills a film. In Deadpool's case it's the sappy moments that drag it down. You know the ones where the music gets all sad and you're supposed to feel that this is important and dramatic as if you had some Pavlovian response. Much time is wasted on unnecessary long origin story. Instead of spending time with Deadpool we are stuck with Wade and you just wish it would return to the action again.

But what's the weirdest part about this film is how basic the plot is. What would typically be a half, or even a third, of a typical superhero plot is the entire story in this film. And when you learn how small the budget was you kind of have to wonder did they simply not have enough money for a big scale action film?

And of course your enjoyment of the film will depend on your tolerance for crude, juvenile profanity that becomes old really fast. The problem is that it's so overused in this film that it looses its punch towards the end.

That's about what's bad about the film, but it has plenty of good to make up for it. The humour for one thing as this film seems more like a parody than a legitimate superhero film. Ryan Reynolds plays it perfectly, so much that you can forgive him for a certain other superhero film. The first 20 minutes or so are made of pure awesome as it's the type of action that should have been the entire film. And there's an Adventure Time watch (yes I'm including this).

Overall I ended up liking Deadpool because its good parts shine over the flaws, but after a film like Mad Max: Fury Road last year I can't say I'm not a little disappointed.
thecman_25Feb 18, 2016
The movie wasnt bad. The jokes were good even though they already said most of them on Tv. The actor is great, it really brings the character to life. The origin story got in the way of the story which really was a big turndown for me becauseThe movie wasnt bad. The jokes were good even though they already said most of them on Tv. The actor is great, it really brings the character to life. The origin story got in the way of the story which really was a big turndown for me because it would go from action to OS then back to action then back to OS, it was just horrible. ALSO 913 DOESNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, HE LOVES MARVEL AND HATES DC SO HE IS DELUSIONAL!!!! Watchman is still the best rated R superhero movie to date Expand
jlittle1404Mar 30, 2016
Not a very good movie and parents it is rated R for a reason. I understand what deadpool is supposed to be in comics and all but it gets to the point (after the first 15 mins) where the nasty jokes and language take away from the movie. ThisNot a very good movie and parents it is rated R for a reason. I understand what deadpool is supposed to be in comics and all but it gets to the point (after the first 15 mins) where the nasty jokes and language take away from the movie. This is not your typical marvel movie. If your an adult wait for it to come out at redbox to watch it. Expand
arislafFeb 24, 2016
Story is the classical marvel **** (love story, save the girl from bad guy), violence is awesome, humor is ok, missed the 2 voices inside deadpools head, acting is great.

Although I hated that the story goes fwd and back a lot of times

Although I hated that the story goes fwd and back a lot of times (guys it is deadpool, not 21 grams), and the plot was... non existed (?) I enjoy watching it.
YellowKirbyJul 12, 2016
The merc with a mouth finally stars in his own movie, with gruesome fights, lots of language and a script riddled with sex jokes. However, aside from these characteristics, 'Deadpool' is an over-the-top, vulgar and disappointing superheroThe merc with a mouth finally stars in his own movie, with gruesome fights, lots of language and a script riddled with sex jokes. However, aside from these characteristics, 'Deadpool' is an over-the-top, vulgar and disappointing superhero movie. It loses momentum after the first act, and has an inconsistent tone. Aside from Deadpool (portrayed well by Ryan Reynolds) and Weasel (T.J. Miller), all the characters are one dimensional and forgettable. At the movie's start, the cast credits the characters as, 'A Hot Chick', 'A British Villain' and 'A CGI Character'. These are the only traits these characters exhibit, and parody or not, we want to at least root for the characters and relate to them, not forget about them immediately after watching. The movie forces in some overly vulgar moments, including an entire montage devoted to sex scenes. The movie also becomes what it is meant to parody in the final act, which is an over the top fight scene on a Helicarrier.

In short, 'Deadpool' is a messy, bloated and disappointing comic book adaptation.
Shadiac1985Jun 16, 2016
I can't exactly say that I hated Deadpool, but I just can't say I liked this movie either. The thing is, it has pretty neat visuals and fighting scene effects, but at the same time the whole story is hackneyed, the way it's being told is asI can't exactly say that I hated Deadpool, but I just can't say I liked this movie either. The thing is, it has pretty neat visuals and fighting scene effects, but at the same time the whole story is hackneyed, the way it's being told is as if the main character was 10 years old or something, and bringing up comic book humor into film was a really bad idea. Why would you CGI Deadpool's face? Wasn't him wearing a mask enough? I dunno, all of this feels too overreacted, as if the movie itself was a big fan service for some Marvel audience or something. Expand
CriviewerMar 2, 2016
A movie for teenagers. The script was awfully awkward, the jokes rudimentary funny. Paradoxically, the target audience (kids) can't watch the movie because it's R rated, and those who can watch it, have long grown up from that type of humor.A movie for teenagers. The script was awfully awkward, the jokes rudimentary funny. Paradoxically, the target audience (kids) can't watch the movie because it's R rated, and those who can watch it, have long grown up from that type of humor. What could be initially seen as captivating, its self irony, ends up in failure. It's a silly kind of self irony that can only appeal to the simple minded.

Sadly, it was a scarcely funny, often awkward, movie.
hraM7Mar 25, 2016
Apart from some just OK jokes the rest was just straight awful. I mean... all this hype about the film, crazy killer, funny jokes. Where was that? Those vulgar words about butts and sex are NOT jokes, and not funny for ppl older than 18 years.
MistaCornyLibFeb 20, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i liked the plot but i wanted more from it.

if you found the movie funny you still read 101 joke books before bed.

i laughed at the people in the theatre who legitimately found the movie funny.

very corny i killed myself.
JuanyMar 3, 2016
Una pelicula con la que no vas a parar de reir desde el minuto 1. La fluidez que hay en las escenas de pelea es excelente. El personaje Ryan Reynolds es un poco tonto pero supongo que esa es la idea.
prasanth_pspMar 8, 2016
extreme violence and sex...!!!
apart from these two the script is build with 100% comedy
those audience impressed by the trailer may sometime get disappointed ...other than slow motion actions and comedy dialogues....there is no grip with
extreme violence and sex...!!!
apart from these two the script is build with 100% comedy
those audience impressed by the trailer may sometime get disappointed
...other than slow motion actions and comedy dialogues....there is no grip with the script..
FernofarchMar 9, 2016
I was quite disappointed. This movie is nothing more than a bloody action movie with better jokes and no taste. I was hoping for something more witty, but without all the reference jokes and some dark humor, Deadpool he nothing more to offer.I was quite disappointed. This movie is nothing more than a bloody action movie with better jokes and no taste. I was hoping for something more witty, but without all the reference jokes and some dark humor, Deadpool he nothing more to offer. They put a lot of effort in writing the script. Some turns out successfully funny, but some just seems like trying too hard. I don't regret watching it but I wished I have spent my time and money on better things. Expand
UzakiMar 9, 2016
Demasiado hype para una pelicula que es floja para un publico que le gusta entretenerse en el cine, que para eso se paga, mucha publicidad y poco contenido
mattmurdocMar 25, 2016
Green Lantern was way better than this. Critics are being paid to make some crappy reviews lately. This is in no way better than Dawn of Justice. Dead pool was good, but not great.
c_avdoMar 27, 2016
Deadpool is an amazing character and I just expected much more. Movie cam make you smile but it doesn't change the fact, its boring. It's not the bad movie, actually it's very good, and has a high score from me, but I expected more from firstDeadpool is an amazing character and I just expected much more. Movie cam make you smile but it doesn't change the fact, its boring. It's not the bad movie, actually it's very good, and has a high score from me, but I expected more from first movie of Deadpool. Especially because Marvel is making best super-hero movies in last years. In the next part, I want to see totally different movie. Expand
juliamacielMay 12, 2016
Deadpool is a film that presented a new way of making films "super heroes " who bet on many jokes ( some good , while others not so much) and a totally different character from what we are used to seeing, but the film is not only good thingsDeadpool is a film that presented a new way of making films "super heroes " who bet on many jokes ( some good , while others not so much) and a totally different character from what we are used to seeing, but the film is not only good things , has a limited and basic script with a fairly predictable story , always get the impression that something is missing . Deadpool is not a great movie, or of the comedy genre or "super heroes " Expand
Antgiog1202Apr 28, 2016
Deadpool was a film that I was anticipating all of 2015. I had expectations that did exceed and some did not -- but got something better instead. The thing that I loved about Deadpool is that it is a great adaptation of the comic books. ThatDeadpool was a film that I was anticipating all of 2015. I had expectations that did exceed and some did not -- but got something better instead. The thing that I loved about Deadpool is that it is a great adaptation of the comic books. That funny, invincible mutant that we rooted for in the comics is in this film as well. Ryan Reynolds is not the greatest actor in the world; but he did give a mediocre performance here and went beyond the X-Men Origins: Wolverine like Ben Affleck overcoming Daredevil with Batman.

This film does have a ton of problems and as a result; it drastically crumbles. First, Deadpool's inappropriate jokes go way over the top. I'd suggest them swipe away anything that has to do with "sex" or "today's social media sensations." Second, I feel as if the entire subplots were rushed. Including the romance between Deadpool and Copycat. One moment they're having intimate conversations; than the next moment their having sex which is incredibly uncomfortable. Third, the film seems entirely small as it looks as if it is in that same highway location throughout the entire film -- or at least in the fight sequences. Mainly because of the film's low budget.

Should Deadpool be considered as one of the greatest superhero films of all time? I dont think so!

Rating: 4/10

D = 1.5
D- = 1
F = 0
liam_byrneApr 29, 2016
Deadpool was a bit of a disappointment to me. I was a huge fan of the Deadpool character when I was younger but I feel I sort of grown out of the character. "Random" humor doesn't really land with me anymore. While I enjoyed a lot of DeadpoolDeadpool was a bit of a disappointment to me. I was a huge fan of the Deadpool character when I was younger but I feel I sort of grown out of the character. "Random" humor doesn't really land with me anymore. While I enjoyed a lot of Deadpool a lot of it I wasn't exactly fond of. Ill start with the positives Ryan Reynolds was amazing as Deadpool, his timing and actions totally fit the character, I also felt the action scenes were very well choreographed. Of course while there was a lot I liked there was also a lot I didn't liked, first of all the origin story was dumb. The origin story wasn't a bad story it just took away time from Deadpool being Deadpool, which is what I watched the movie for, also a lot of the jokes didn't land with me which I think was a personal thing rather then the movie's fault, finally the movie really didn't have a solid villain which the movie really could of used. Expand
SnidelyWhiplashMay 19, 2016
Does a great job as an action movie, but became far to predictable and did not really do anything different then exactly what I expected, if you are looking for a distraction from life this is for you, if you want a good story try something else
jacoobi456Jun 13, 2017
I went in with high expectations, as I had heard incredible things about it, but I walked out feeling disappointed. It focused way too much on the humour, which I know is the point of Deadpool, but it really went OTT, as there was humourI went in with high expectations, as I had heard incredible things about it, but I walked out feeling disappointed. It focused way too much on the humour, which I know is the point of Deadpool, but it really went OTT, as there was humour thrown into a scene where it really wasn't needed. At all. The amount of times he broke the fourth wall were way too many, and the scene that he acknowledged the fact he was breaking it was really cringey and frankly pointless, as it didn't add to the humour, it only took away precious time that could've been invested in more action sequences, which were relatively good. About the humour: when profanity was used, it did have the desired effect, and the whole gag with the taxi driver Dopinder was hilarious. Also, the bartender Weasel (played by T.J Miller) was hilarious, his IDGAF attitude really fitting in with the atmosphere of the film. Even Blind Al had a few funny one-liners, Ed Skrien (Ajax) put in a great performance as the antagonist, a good casting choice in picking a British guy to play the villain, as he sticks in your head mainly thanks to his accent and general British bad-assery. Meanwhile, Ryan Reynolds played Deadpool very well, another great casting choice, as his natural humour made Deadpool even funnier than the script was meant to make him. All in all, Deadpool was a decent film with decent action sequences, a good cast, bad dialogue and a way too commercially-friendly vibe, instead of the desired super(or in this case anti)hero vibe. Expand
TyranianApr 14, 2019
Deadpool has a couple of strong scenes and decent jokes but it is mostly a self-aware pile of garbage.
sanyrubAug 30, 2016
I was a little bit underwhelmed. After the great response from a PART of the public I thought it was going to be better. It was different from the others comic book movies as expected. And I understand why fans got what they wanted and areI was a little bit underwhelmed. After the great response from a PART of the public I thought it was going to be better. It was different from the others comic book movies as expected. And I understand why fans got what they wanted and are happy. But as a FILM it is nothing to scream about on its own. This genre started to be seriously overrated years ago. The great response from critics and public for The Dark Knight was justified. But Avengers was already over the top success, as if it was something above average blockbuster status, which is what all or most of these films are. Ryan Reynolds is great in the film. I´m happy for him because I like him and is a better actor than many out there. But just that, entertainment that I forget once the film is over. Expand
ViolettJul 10, 2017
TBH I hate the direction Superhero movies are going today. In the 90th and early 2000th superheroes had very high motives to do their job - to protect people, to keep peace. And now we are slowly being brought to this - clown of a hero. HisTBH I hate the direction Superhero movies are going today. In the 90th and early 2000th superheroes had very high motives to do their job - to protect people, to keep peace. And now we are slowly being brought to this - clown of a hero. His every 5th word is "balls". Very "funny" indeed. I really hope this movie and other superheroes movies, like "X-man" and "Avengers" will never cross. Expand
MaxPayneIsGodJun 4, 2018
Ryan Reynolds is perfect. The rest is just average. Everything is just OTT, the violence, the jokes, the language, its like reading a toilet stall wall in High School. The story is utter garbage, the supporting cast is irrelevant and DeadpoolRyan Reynolds is perfect. The rest is just average. Everything is just OTT, the violence, the jokes, the language, its like reading a toilet stall wall in High School. The story is utter garbage, the supporting cast is irrelevant and Deadpool is possibly the most one dimensional comic book character ever created. It is a bit of a laugh at times, not suprised there is a sequel, but I can't see DP going more than 2 or 3 movies Expand
McgillacuddyJun 29, 2016
I was very satisfied with Deadpool's character and the comedy of the film. It's really a breath of fresh air for the superhero genre. I was expecting a better storyline though. It was a classic revenge plot, but it was overflowed withI was very satisfied with Deadpool's character and the comedy of the film. It's really a breath of fresh air for the superhero genre. I was expecting a better storyline though. It was a classic revenge plot, but it was overflowed with well-thought-out comedy that mostly made up for it, but not exactly enough for me to give it more than a 6. I was also expecting more than just 2 major action scenes and a movie longer than 1 hour and 45 minutes, well, for a Marvel movie that is. Other than those problems, I was still very entertained, but I just had to take some time to think of how I would judge this film. I'm very plot-based on my criticism instead of laugh-based since I don't really watch that many comedy films, but I am really looking forward to the future devolopment of the Merc with the Mouth and I look forward to his appearance in X-Force. Expand
REAPER007Apr 23, 2016
Fun fun fun. All the time. The creators really know something about humor. Sometimes it gets a bit sick but that is just a part of a Cap. Deadpool character. Everything in a movie is on a high level. Ryan R did a hell of a reincarnation soFun fun fun. All the time. The creators really know something about humor. Sometimes it gets a bit sick but that is just a part of a Cap. Deadpool character. Everything in a movie is on a high level. Ryan R did a hell of a reincarnation so the character could be as close to the insanity-badassity state as possible. Expand
PanchogulMay 14, 2020
Es buena y divertida, pero su Deadpool 2 es inmensamente mejor de principio a fin.
slickrick83Aug 18, 2016
This movie greatly underachieved. I loved so many aspects of it but left dissapionted. The story was awful. The acting and dialogue were great but completely wasted with a stagnangt plot. I loved the neglect of the 4th wall that is theThis movie greatly underachieved. I loved so many aspects of it but left dissapionted. The story was awful. The acting and dialogue were great but completely wasted with a stagnangt plot. I loved the neglect of the 4th wall that is the Deadpool franchise. In the end it became a dissapointing gimmick that got way too much focus. This movie was made by total **** and that of course includes Ryan Reynolds Another hollywood letdown that treats the audience like it's stupid. When in actuality they reside in LA. Expand
KingPeixeNov 26, 2016
It´s pretty mediocre. There are some fun jokes here and there, but it´s mostly just high school level penis jokes. Also, it´s very incosistent in tone, repetitive, the cinematography is very flat (the movie is mostly grey and black, despiteIt´s pretty mediocre. There are some fun jokes here and there, but it´s mostly just high school level penis jokes. Also, it´s very incosistent in tone, repetitive, the cinematography is very flat (the movie is mostly grey and black, despite it not being a heavy drama) , the action scenes are dull and the only interesting character is Deadpool, mostly because of Ryan Reynolds´s performance, and not because of the writing. I can understeand why fans of the character liked it, but judging it as movie, it´s just passable, at best. Far from the "best X-men movie", as some people are saying, there´s still enjoyiment to be had. Expand
BroyaxNov 7, 2017
Marvel se dévergonde, on dirait... et si je n'avais pas vu le fameux logo, je n'y aurais d'ailleurs pas cru ! Après toute la panoplie de ses super-héros plus ou moins dangereusement cons, Marvel se détend quelque peu avec ce "Deadpool", unMarvel se dévergonde, on dirait... et si je n'avais pas vu le fameux logo, je n'y aurais d'ailleurs pas cru ! Après toute la panoplie de ses super-héros plus ou moins dangereusement cons, Marvel se détend quelque peu avec ce "Deadpool", un sacré courant d'air frais dans une salle viciée de premier degré, de scénarios mongolos et autres produits macgerbales jetables qui sont le fond de commerce du rouleau compresseur Marvel.

Déjanté, irrévérencieux, grossier, vulgaire... ce Monsieur Deadpool a décidément toutes les qualités... certaines scènes sont hilarantes et quelques bons mots font mouche. L'hémoglobine est d'humeur généreuse, ça coupe et ça flingue et ça explose... en dépit d'un filmage correct dans l'ensemble mais parfois limite.

Le souci, c'est que lorsqu'on gratte un peu, on se rend bien compte que cela reste un pur produit Marvel, bien formaté comme il faut, sous une fausse allure de film voyou. L'histoire avec sa meuf est tarte, son histoire à lui est carrément grotesque et pitoyable : ça ne porterait pas à conséquence si le film savait rester dans le ton hystéro-bouffon à l'humour de collégien, s'il savait l'assumer quoi qu'il advienne, mais la guimauve sous-jacente est palpable.

Ainsi que la morale à deux balles et la naïveté qui vont avec. Comme dans les navrants Kick-Ass auxquels Deadpool ressemble beaucoup. Au moins, on rigole beaucoup plus avec Deadpool même si on s'en lasse vite. Il n'arrive décidément pas à maintenir son rythme pop-corn et parasite ses propres effets en s'adressant de façon récurrente à la caméra, comme un gars qui brandit une pancarte "mort de rire" avant chaque calembour. Et après aussi.

A force de vouloir mélanger l'eau de rose à l'acide caustique et de ménager en vérité une "bonne conduite" pour son cancre des super-héros, le film abuse de sa fausse complicité avec le public : ses clins d'oeil répétés lourdingues en font alors un gentil animateur du Club Med.

Bien que maladroite, cette tentative de déconstiper les marveleries ambiantes est pourtant encourageante. Mais pas vraiment concluante.
Titanic21Mar 18, 2018
I am not quite a fan of Super Hero movies, but this one one for me was quite interesting. While I didn't care much about the story, the general idea and ingenious and pretty well executed. Overall, this movie is a mixture between violentI am not quite a fan of Super Hero movies, but this one one for me was quite interesting. While I didn't care much about the story, the general idea and ingenious and pretty well executed. Overall, this movie is a mixture between violent action, "I-don't-give-a-sh*t"-Coming of age and some partially explicit comedy, while the last aspect is the thing I liked about it. The protagonist did a very good job and the breaking of the so called "fourth wall" provides the charme of something strange, supernatural power, like the "errors in the matrix" was going on all the time while watching. All in all, this movie is not overwhelmingly great, but it surely is an interesting change to the else rather momotonous action genre. The reason for me deciding to give 7 points is the amount of porn, which is surely a part of Deadpools humour, but for the story it's irrelevant, so I wish they would have left out the suggestive scenes. It's probably my personal view on it, but they kind of destroyed the movie's seriousness from certain point. Expand
mixoticOct 29, 2019
It's definitely more adult and raunchy than other super hero movies, but other than that it's pretty much the same od stuff.