Netflix | Release Date (Streaming): June 26, 2020
7.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 318 Ratings
Watch Now
HfkcdsfJun 28, 2020
Really bad, sh*ttiest movie ever, I haven't seen anything worse in my life.
ESCFINNJun 26, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As Eurofans thought, this is gonna be a bad parody of the Song Contest, by the americans.
The movie is not for 12-year-olds especially when it comes to sexual and horrorfying scenes. Exploding artists of the Söngvakeppnin, NO just NO!
Jayballz69Jun 26, 2020
Was watchable till the songalong cringey atrocity. Couldnt keep watching. Why does every movie or show these days feel like they have to tick a sjw checklist.
Usernameuser1Jun 27, 2020
I honestly can't believe how IMBD and even Metacritic users can give this movie a 10/10. This movie I really tried to get into but it had some weird vibes and was funny sometimes but just seems like it was a quick cash grab. It's reallyI honestly can't believe how IMBD and even Metacritic users can give this movie a 10/10. This movie I really tried to get into but it had some weird vibes and was funny sometimes but just seems like it was a quick cash grab. It's really bad... I have no idea why these celebrities would ever consider doing this movie. It gave me a laugh or two but come on, this movie had way more potential. I would give this movie a 4/10 however people give it 10/10 so to balance that ridiculous score I must give it a 0. I don't feel bad for giving it 0 Expand
TheWolf11Jun 30, 2020
Personally I hated the movie, I thought that it was really stupid and I didn’t laugh and I wasn’t amused at any part of it.
knufJun 26, 2020
This film is just horrifyingly stupid, pointless, unfunny and so incorrect in Icelandic national selection (Söngvakeppnin) and Eurovision Song Contest.
crankyermaJun 26, 2020
Well, we found something less entertaining than the Eurovision contest. This is a deeply,unforgivingly punishing attack on anyone who loves comedy. This film is a hate crime against laughter. Avoid at all costs.
lordaeron1Jun 27, 2020
One of the few movies that should have never be made.
It's a typical Netflix movie, Soulless, boring, empty, and so on.
wanted to give Netflix one more chance but alas. Horrible movie, wish I could go back in time and meet my younger self...
One of the few movies that should have never be made.
It's a typical Netflix movie, Soulless, boring, empty, and so on.

wanted to give Netflix one more chance but alas.
Horrible movie, wish I could go back in time and meet my younger self... Slap myself silly and say MOVE ALONG, Just Don't Do it.

Save your time on something else.
muldjordJun 27, 2020
The amount of incompetence and stupidity injected into all characters in this movie is mind-boggling and makes it hard to watch for so many reasons.
I fully identify with Lars' father, who is clearly in the right when he discourages his oblivious, possessive, manipulative, reality-rejecting son. The character of Lars is a world-class jerk who should walk into the sea.
kirkenderJul 2, 2020
Horrendously boring. It's a film that is homogenized to support a garbage patriarchical status quo. It attempts to be feel good and uplifting, but fails unless you happen to be mostly brain dead. Will Ferrell is not a good actor or performer,Horrendously boring. It's a film that is homogenized to support a garbage patriarchical status quo. It attempts to be feel good and uplifting, but fails unless you happen to be mostly brain dead. Will Ferrell is not a good actor or performer, he was okay back in the 90's, but today its just unacceptable. Rachel McAdams gives a solid performance even though her character has zero agency. The song performances aren't fun or cringey, just snooze-worthy. Don't waste any time on this. Expand
LukanwJun 27, 2020
It’s full of great moments that are washed away by a poor storyline and it’s factual errors. It’s over the top and headache inducing tries at comedy leave you with a cringe feeling and regret for having spent two hours for nothing.
GareethJun 30, 2020
I thought the movie had very poor acting and usually what was going on made no sense. It was all way too contrived and overdone. Worse movie I have seen in years.
JLuis_001Jul 7, 2020
I have never cared for Eurovision to begin with.
Hardly an issue to watch this film but still, facing that music was a problem and I like pop music but when it has this level of manufacturing, I can't stand it.
Eurovision Song Contest: The
I have never cared for Eurovision to begin with.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga is pretty much the joyless parody I was expecting. And no, there's no surprises along the way to make it more functional or funny for that matter.

If you watch the trailer, which it basically tells you the whole damn story, you will get no rewards watching the whole thing. Unless of course, this is your kind of gig.

Will Ferrell shows once again he's not funny anymore and his career since Anchorman 2 has taken a turn for the worse. And that was 7 years ago.

Rachel McAdams was in for the check but at least she tries to make the thing more believable.
She knows it's a foolish parody but her performance feels way more organic than Ferrell's who's always trying too hard to force the laughs.

And that's pretty much the biggest flaw of this poor attempt. It's just not funny.
I can see that the people involved had fun doing it, but I think they forgot they had an audience that they also had to amuse.

The Netflix movie of the weekend as a novelty for its subscribers. They will get rid of it as soon as the finish it. And that's if they actually finish it.
PalomoNeroJul 3, 2020
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Bad humor, bad plot, bad everything.
anilpak35Jul 1, 2020
Waste of time. Really sorry to see Rachel Mcadams in this movie. Watching Will Farrell is torturing me!
Louisa980Jun 30, 2020
Will Ferrell just looks to old to play the character he does. Predictable storyline, humour is just not there unfortunately.
sutobeJul 3, 2020
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge lover of the actual Eurovision but this film does not do it justice. I thought the movie was about to finish but then I realised there was an hour left. Unfunny with some terrible sound mixing (you'll know itDon't get me wrong, I'm a huge lover of the actual Eurovision but this film does not do it justice. I thought the movie was about to finish but then I realised there was an hour left. Unfunny with some terrible sound mixing (you'll know it when you hear it). 2 hours of my life wasted. Expand
JamesElKJul 9, 2020
2 hours of absolute trash and they end up having a baby. Very overrated rubbish. Very disappointed considering some of the actors in this film have been in great movies. Yuk yuk yuk