Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: October 25, 2002

1. failed to give us scares
2. doesn't make sense
3. bad ending
VikingOct 31, 2010
I saw this movie yesterday with a bunch of friends. The plot was so interesting, that instead we chose to chat about Random stuff such as Halo. At some points acting like the "Unskippable" guys for The Escapist. The plot failed to captivateI saw this movie yesterday with a bunch of friends. The plot was so interesting, that instead we chose to chat about Random stuff such as Halo. At some points acting like the "Unskippable" guys for The Escapist. The plot failed to captivate us, and all the coolest people die first. Fails to be scary, however the ending is quite amazing. Expand
RikiegeDec 23, 2012
It is a very bad movie .. but the idea is good.
MattBrady99May 10, 2020
More like Sea No Evil.

Anywhere... It's not quite the sinking ship that some people have made it out to be, as there were some interesting and entertaining aspects in the movie that made the overall experience watchable. I mean the
More like Sea No Evil.

Anywhere...

It's not quite the sinking ship that some people have made it out to be, as there were some interesting and entertaining aspects in the movie that made the overall experience watchable. I mean the flashback scene that shows the passengers on the ship and how they died was so over the top that I'm still amazed just thinking about it. Also it was a lovely surprise to see a young Emily Browning.

However, the movie itself is filled with problems. The visual effects are outdated, some of the acting is a bit iffy, and I feel like the director who previously made 'Thir13en Ghosts' the year before, just made the same movie but this time it's on a ship.

I find it really annoying how early 2000's horror movie, for whatever reason, has a heavy metal soundtrack to it. I'm glad that died out.
russiangamerMay 9, 2017
Неинтересный и нестрашный фильм, картонные персонажи, шаблонные пугалки. Но, признаться, есть капля интересного в этом море, которое называется посредственность.Неинтересный и нестрашный фильм, картонные персонажи, шаблонные пугалки. Но, признаться, есть капля интересного в этом море, которое называется посредственность.
kyle20ellisMar 26, 2022
Ghost Ship is not a terrible movie, far from it. It opens very strongly with a brutal and scary opening sequence. It does look good, with a good and atmospheric vessel setting and the effects are much better than the cheap and over-used onesGhost Ship is not a terrible movie, far from it. It opens very strongly with a brutal and scary opening sequence. It does look good, with a good and atmospheric vessel setting and the effects are much better than the cheap and over-used ones I was actually expecting. The ghost is sexy yet quite frightening as well, there are definitely some nice jumpy and suspenseful moments. As well as some good photography, decent direction and a spooky but not obvious music score. The acting overall is better than average, Julianna Margoyles has the most interesting character and she is very good here. The support cast support her solidly, especially Karl Urban, Issiah Washington and Alex Dimitriades. Ron Eldard is also good though he does have some of Ghost Ship's worst lines, while Desmond Harrington has a brooding presence if occasionally a too obvious.

Gabriel Byrne is somewhat of a disappointment though, he seems to be aware that his character isn't in a lot of the movie and he doesn't seem to be making of an effort as a result. The script does have poor moments, coming across as stilted and clichéd, while apart from Margoyles the characters are never realised fully. The story gave me a mixed reaction, it does have a great tense atmosphere and some nice creepy moments, plus it does deserve plaudits for not being completely predictable, but it is sluggishly paced a little too often and while creepy apart from the opening sequence there is never anything particularly scary. The last 30 minutes are underwhelmingly silly and the only scene really that I'd consider predictable.

Ghost Ship does have its faults, but overall it is a decent movie with a good atmosphere, decent acting and a great opening sequence. I just wish the pace, script and ending were better and that I learnt more about the characters. 6/10 Bethany Cox