IFC Midnight | Release Date: April 20, 2018
Generally favorable reviews based on 80 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
ozymandias79Jul 21, 2018
The British have strange ideas about what is scary, like a 30°C day. Despite the numerous attempted jump scares, this movie might be least scariest "scary" movie I have ever seen.
drone41Jul 26, 2018
It started very interesting, and it was a really scary and tense movie in first half, but other half i really don't want to comment, a huge disappointment.
FabrizioMaffeiSep 12, 2018
Truly a bad movie, written and acted badly.
What should it be? A horror movie? It's not scary at least it's not the first movie you've seen or you're not easily impressed.
A dramatic film? Really?! we have seen a development of this kind 1000
Truly a bad movie, written and acted badly.
A dramatic film? Really?! we have seen a development of this kind 1000 times. So trivial.
A weird plot without any sense. You can say: It’s a horror movie, it can also not make sense. Ok but at least do it scary. But no, so what’s the point?.
The two directors' writers must really have a guardian angel to be able to be financed for this thing.
Martin Freeman is really unbearable on everyone.
Photography is good and is the only thing that is saved.
So stay away and watch other movies that are really scary.
Astor_Jan 3, 2019
Ghost Stories revolves around a man (Philip Goodman) devoted to debunking fraudulent psychics, and who is tasked by a paranormal investigator (Charles Cameron) with investigating and solving three unexplained paranormal events

To be honest,

To be honest, I am pretty bored with the plots and the scenes. Most of the so called scary scenes are mostly weak jump scares. I find it ridiculous that Phillip (the hardcore critic of the paranormal) kept believing paranormal are fake despite experiencing several paranormal activities first hand himself in the movie. The worst thing is that he didn't even bother to debunk them in the film with actions and real tests as a professional debunker of the paranormal. This severely undermines his credibility as a good debunker of the paranormal. Weak minded and disturbed is the impression that he gives with his personality and behaviours.

There is a decent twist towards the end. I am not going spoil it here. The twist at the end is nice, but it is not developed enough to have any significant good effects on this overall mediocre film.

Not worth a watch. Unless you have nothing better to spend on with your time.
meydianarizki21Oct 18, 2020
Ghost Stories: Such a shame!
Ghost Stories is kinda of a horror anthology, but not really. It's a British horror anyway starring Martin Freeman and oddly Paul Whitehouse.
It tells the story of a skeptic, a professional debunker and I think
Ghost Stories: Such a shame!

It tells the story of a skeptic, a professional debunker and I think they're always fantastic protagonists because I can entirely relate to their plight and mission. He's tasked with investigating three supernatural incidents and off he goes to find the truth.

Truth be told I was really enjoying it, it was so well handled. Genuinely tense, succeeds in being scary without relying on jump scares and the cast are fantastic. I was gripped, I was enthralled, I was hooked.

Martin Freeman is on form and Paul Whitehouse in such a role though weird actually showed he may be a more credible actor than originally believed. He broke free of the comedy characters he's known for a did a great job.

So what went wrong? Sadly for me it's one of those films killed by the ending, it just didn't work for me. I get it, I fully understand everything they were going for but personally that flat lined the entire film.

Such potential, so well done, but that ending just bundled the thing into a coffin and sent it to a premature grave. Such a shame.

The Good:

The majority is fantastic on every front

Lot of potential

The Bad:

Movie killing ending

Things I Learnt From This Movie:

Phone signal is something that you just swipe out of the air

02 product placement? Worst ever

Professors are known for pulling onions out of their bottoms