Fox Searchlight Pictures | Release Date: April 7, 2017
Generally favorable reviews based on 158 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
FrumblesApr 7, 2018
This is one of the most poorly written movies I have ever seen. That is not hyperbole. I registered for an account to write this, immediately after watching the movie. The first two acts of the movie are quite enjoyable. The plot isThis is one of the most poorly written movies I have ever seen. That is not hyperbole. I registered for an account to write this, immediately after watching the movie. The first two acts of the movie are quite enjoyable. The plot is formulaic, as others have said, but it has charming performances and is nicely shot. It all falls apart under the complete nonsense of the third act, to the point of (fairly extreme) frustration.

Who wrote the third act of this movie? Have they met other people before, or just heard about them? Are they doing well in their lives, or was this a desperate cry for help from someone who has been deprived of human interaction for far too long? Do they have even a passing knowledge of the American judicial system? At the very least have they seen another movie about a court case, or have they only heard about one from a stray radio signal in the isolation pod they've been raised in? How are we, as an audience, supposed to go on with our lives knowing there's another soul out there, somewhere in the vast wild, experiencing such unbelievable anguish?

In summary, despite a good performance from the always-great Chris Evans, I now hope Thanos kills Captain America in the next Avengers movie.
shammyshooJul 17, 2017
I LOVE Chris Evans and Jenny Slate, and was excited to watch this. It was one of the WORST movies I've seen in a long time. It was just on the edge of being so bad it's funny. The dialogue was incredibly awkward, and the music was soooooI LOVE Chris Evans and Jenny Slate, and was excited to watch this. It was one of the WORST movies I've seen in a long time. It was just on the edge of being so bad it's funny. The dialogue was incredibly awkward, and the music was sooooo terrible it stood out. Expand